Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 14: Quest for Mafia - So you want to be a Hero?

CWE

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I'm 90% sure my logic is solid. Is it a correct read? :dunno:

I've seen this play out all 3 ways.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
CWE suspected me before the night and now his bias has been amplified :ashamed:

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
CWE is basically confirmed town based on this I think. So not fighting back against him. Just an unfortunate situation overall.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Could also be the mafia tracker I guess

But I think I have a read on what character he is

Badger

“70% Furry, 30% Filthy, 100% Fun”
Pronouns
he/him
PS I am not sure what fifth and down properly means. I’m guessing it’s kinda like rugby and it’s like fifth phase with the team with the ball or something. I only really (try) to watch if betting on Super Bowl which has gone nothing short of awful so far to put it mildly.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Stupid o’clock in the morning and many many commercial breaks…my attention span watching the Super Bowl somewhat wanders and can’t understand the commentary.

CWE

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
PS I am not sure what fifth and down properly means. I’m guessing it’s kinda like rugby and it’s like fifth phase with the team with the ball or something. I only really (try) to watch if betting on Super Bowl which has gone nothing short of awful so far to put it mildly.
I wish I could bet.

People that know me refuse to bet me on any sport...

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Horse racing (particularly the Grand National) plus our version of football are my betting vices.

That day I won £350 on Pinaut De Re and also winning the work sweepy with a very tidy £50 sum back in 2014 Grand National……I got about as drunk as CWE that night.

CWE

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I can't even get people to take the gentleman's wager on the fucking coin toss of the Super Bowl.

All because I emptied their bank accounts a few years ago...

It wasn't MY fault they stepped into my realm on the betting front.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
90% though….is quite high though. *scratches beard*

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Got to start my real life job in 15 minutes.

Will check in again laters.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
PS….

Temper temper Insaner. I am still weighing my ultimate decision and waiting for others to check in.

Anyway now I work.

Nightingale

Administrator
Vote Tally:

2 - Insaner: CWE(440), Badger(442)
1 - Claws: Xan(385)
1 - Val: future(410)
1 - Xan: Insaner(446)

Not currently Voting: BlindNinja, Claws, Dreyski, Listo, Mazer, MTR, Tildey, Val,

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
On my lunch break. It’s fucking carnage at work. ITvsystens fucked. Deliveries fucked. Thousands upon thousands upon angry pissed off customers. Badger head….burst!!!!

Might be some time before I check in tonight again as really need to unwind. I’ll have a looksee when I can of what has gone on since after this.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
PS “There is overtime on for tonight”

Me:
Sea Creature Running GIF

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
The badger nope running gif ain’t coming up so used that.

Anyway layers!

ForgottenHold

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
What was your thinking on why Val was the most suss? Based on not having as much written out? Or was there something else you saw?
They haven’t written much, just did their little ol’ shitpost and didn’t provide anything else. Reads may change based on their performance today.

ForgottenHold

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
When you were waffling, what were you thinking about? What were your reasons for thinking about not doing it?
My reasons was I didn’t want to lynch d1 if possible mostly, but I kinda had to deal with that if it meant getting rid of an inactive player

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
The badger nope running gif ain’t coming up so used that.

Anyway layers!
Christ meant to say “laters” lol.

Anyway that shift from hell is over thank fuck. I’ll come back on here later when chilled out a bit.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
suck my dick GIF

I think scum saved you
Future wasn't seriously pushed by anyone other than Badger though. From point of view he wasn't in any real danger of dying yesterday considering that he had a couple of people calling him towny and the status quo being that D1s usually end in no elimination.
I think he was scum and didnt wanna look sus hammerin
Not saying it's impossible

But I don't really see anything wrong with that Future's explanation

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Future wasn't seriously pushed by anyone other than Badger though. From my point of view he wasn't in any real danger of dying yesterday considering that he had a couple of people calling him towny and the status quo being that D1s usually end in no elimination.

Not saying it's impossible

But I don't really see anything wrong with Future's explanation
EPWOP

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Calzone: “Oh yes good point Merlin! Yes the good Badger that game had a power to cast 4 votes in that game when Future wasn’t contributing and bantering with MTR and he did flip Mafia. Consequently MTR was Mafia that game too when he seemed to loudly object after joke voting Future and he was going to be my next target with my next action. Now they may have turned into a meme but still I am very wary. Wonder what @Tildey thinks of her husband as opposed to Future!”

@Insaner I feel like I have expanded as far as I can. Not much to say and bantering with MTR which in a previous game was scum. This is early so things may change but so far not feeling good despite what Tildey says.
Oh btw

I reflected upon this during the night

It seems to me that you may have caught Future for the wrong reasons in that other game lolololol

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Vote: Xanjori

I feel like Xanjori has been coasting on his early town reads. He hasn't really followed through with the same energy of "overeager town" he had at the start of D1 so I'm back to him being just a wolf.
Na, I just went to work straight after day started adn then slept. My schedule is whack cos I work nights. But here and reading. I wont WR you for pushing for a yeet hard on D1 cos it does reveal info, but your pivot immediately to me rather than focusing on what people posting is nagl

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Na, I just went to work straight after day started adn then slept. My schedule is whack cos I work nights. But here and reading. I wont WR you for pushing for a yeet hard on D1 cos it does reveal info, but your pivot immediately to me rather than focusing on what people posting is nagl
What does that even mean

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Oh btw

I reflected upon this during the night

It seems to me that you may have caught Future for the wrong reasons in that other game lolololol
But the important thing is I caught him lol.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
What does that even mean
Youve got a wagon, youve got what people are posting. Instead of reading into any of that you're reading into me being AFK, that feels like just going for an easy yeet rather than actually trying to push people based on what they are doing

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Youve got a wagon, youve got what people are posting. Instead of reading into any of that you're reading into me being AFK, that feels like just going for an easy yeet rather than actually trying to push people based on what they are doing
I'm pushing you based on what you were not doing up to this point. That is to say your lack of being towny.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
I will point out at this point that I am Orange Cassidy and hands are in my point so no pocketing attempts please.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
I’m fine with a Morrison vote. I was leaning him or Listo anyway due to inactivity (decided to wait a bit longer when Listo showed up after Insaner’s vote).

If you’re not participating and completing quests then you’re not earning gold. If you’re not earning gold then you (presumably)* can’t act. If you’re town and not acting then you’re not helping.

* I say presumably because as 3pups has pointed out a few times we don’t know how the scum mechanic works and we don’t know if they need gold to do their kill.

Vote: Morrison
I feel a bit like Tildey over explained here

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Also, really?

I made far more posts discussing people on the Morrison wagon and making reads based on what people are saying than I made about you being afk.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Future/Badger/CWE all town imo

Insaner had some good posts at the EOD, but I dont think youve wolf so I dunno your range. But I do expect to see better from you today.

Tildey and Claws votes felt the scummiest of the train.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Also, really?

I made far more posts discussing people on the Morrison wagon and making reads based on what people are saying than I made about you being afk.
Yeah well I didnt read any of those

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Also, really?

So that sounds like you are at best overreacting here. At worst, you are grasping for straws because you feel like you need to push back against me.

Which is kinda funny considering that I'm literally a peeked wolf LolOL

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him

Insaner had some good posts at the EOD, but I dont think Ive seen you wolf so I dunno your range. But I do expect to see better from you today.

EBWODP

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him

Insaner had some good posts at the EOD, but I dont think youve wolf so I dunno your range. But I do expect to see better from you today.

So like

Probably the towniest poster yesterday and a likely mason?

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
I like Tildey on Morrison because her vote had the most conviction. Future and Badger I like for other reasons. The rest of the wagon I think is pretty dirty.
Bit interesting we came to complete opposite conclusions here

:sherlock:

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
So you really are claiming wolf, I mean aight then

Unvote:

Vote: Insaner
Nope, CWE is claiming to have seen me target 3pups.

Which I will neither confirm nor deny.

Though even if it were true, it doesn't mean I have to be mafia. But it does implicate me heavily and makes it so that on balance, I am the player with by far the highest chance of flipping wolf. That is if you disregard my posting and only go off info.

My hope is that I can convince people that I am town despite the odds, so that we don't have to suffer another mislynch today. Because I would rather not see town fall even further behind with my miselemination.

If people still choose yeet me, I want to at least leave a legacy to steer the town on the right path after my departure.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Though even if it were true, it doesn't mean I have to be mafia. But it does implicate me heavily and makes it so that on balance, I am the player with by far the highest chance of flipping wolf. That is if you disregard my posting and only go off info.
So why is it when Im choosing to read you purely on info and ignoring the CWE peek you decide to call us opposite alignments and troll post? If you're town then play properly and dont waste my time, if you're a wolf and wanna wolf claim dont expect me to interact

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Reminder that Xanjori is mafia and people shouldn't listen to a word he says ^^
Based on what, going to work? Come on this kinda read is going to do nothing but make me pissed off. Did you forget how to play mafia in the past 2 years?

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Like there are a whole bunch of people that havent really posted anything at all today, and yet somehow your focus is solely on me. Who is actually producing content.

You cannot be that shit you think Im the wolf in this situation, its not physically (mentally) possible

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Xanjori I don't think you've been keeping track of our conversation.

I called us opposite alignments after you accused people I read as town of being wolfy.

You did nothing but gaslight me since you came so your content has been generating you negative points in my mind. I'm not just going to town read anyone who comes in and makes a bunch of posts regardless of substance lol.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
If you wanna vote me then vote me lol. Like I said I think you are mafia so don't really care to convince you. I only care that your ass is next after I die lol

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
If you wanna vote me then vote me lol. Like I said I think you are mafia so don't really care to convince you. I only care that your ass is next after I die lol
Then Imma just ignore anything you say, cos its actually a complete waste of time

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Val/Drey/MTR should all be in POEs

Badger/CWE/Future should all be town.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
And FTR Insaner could be town, but people either need to absolutely agree on that and you ignore the CWE info on him, or you yeet him to avoid having to do it later.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
And FTR Insaner could be town, but people either need to absolutely agree on that and you ignore the CWE info on him, or you yeet him to avoid having to do it later.
Well. If we yeet the mafia role that did the killing, that would clear me.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Pardon?..
Im saying your push on me is based on absolutely nothing, so there is literally no reason you can be this convinced im a wolf. Ergo there is no reason you could ever be town in this situation

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Im saying your push on me is based on absolutely nothing, so there is literally no reason you can be this convinced im a wolf. Ergo there is no reason you could ever be town in this situation
So just more gaslighting then. Gotcha

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
@MTR
Hows your reads feeling today?
I am just now getting on to read things through. Been busy around the house. So going to try to respond to some stuff and get some reads going before I am out of pocket again because I am going to wrestling show tonight. So give me a few

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Its almost like you realised you probably shouldnt focus solely on one person thats been AFK, and pretend to be looking at the others.
I...

I can'tceven...

You're the only one around here lmao

And you're making a bunch of posts so there's a lot to respond to

I talked plenty about other people before you showed up

GASLIGTING

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
You've shown literally 0 progression or consideration to anything.

You called me a wolf before I had even entered the thread. I straight up ignored the CWE stuff on you and focused on solving around that, because just sheeping the deez can lead to incorrect results, but also doesnt progress the game state past today.

Instead of acknowledging any of that you claimed outed wolf and then stated your alignment is the opposite to mine. Seeing as I know well aware what my alignment is you just straight up claimed wolf to me.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I guess I'm just confused why you would exert yourself so much over a literal peeked wolf but hey I'm not complaining lol

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
To even pretend the word gaslighting comes into this situation at all is either

A) A misunderstanding of what the word means

B) Bullshit

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
You've shown literally 0 progression or consideration to anything.

You called me a wolf before I had even entered the thread. I straight up ignored the CWE stuff on you and focused on solving around that, because just sheeping the deez can lead to incorrect results, but also doesnt progress the game state past today.

Instead of acknowledging any of that you claimed outed wolf and then stated your alignment is the opposite to mine. Seeing as I know well aware what my alignment is you just straight up claimed wolf to me.
That train of thought works only if you are assuming omnipotence for me. But you have never once considered that I could be wrong as town here and jumped straight into the thunderdome full speed ahead. That to me looks like you know I'm right about you.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Fifth and down, she gets yards and throws the ball to Psych who high on weed running from Spiderman scores the touch down! Jarrod kicks the field goal…….

Okay I’ve only watch the Superbowl, indoor stuff and thought betting against Tom Brady was a good idea somehow.
I am not sure if I want to laugh or shake my head or what at this statement. :lol:

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
I know the feeling, I will be tomorrow night. Likely loads of tequila
I won't be but there will be tons of drunks in my neighborhood. Probably good thing I am going to another wrestling show tomorrow as well

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Hero is the vig who pussied out last night probably

Or doesn't yet have the gold

Amelia read like it could have been a watcher to me, but since there is no watcher claim it's probably some sort of coroner role

Though Henry also reads similarly

Actually Amelia might be town backup now that I think of it

Sheriff might be some sort of dreamer role, like they get a name of random townie in their sleep or some shit

Schultz and Otto's descriptions are too vague to say anything about 'em

It sounds like Erasmus is the name of a mafia role that killed 3pups last night and Antwerp is a 3p

I hope it's not 4 wolves otherwise the game is pretty hard
I like this post and some of the others I have seen with thoughts on the write up since it is giving me fits.

Top Bottom