Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 2 - Wishes of Hogwarts

Day 1 Start

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Welcome everyone!

This is the game thread for our Harry Potter themed Mafia game. This will be a typical Rajah style game with no claims allowed and write ups at the end of each phase. Knowledge of Harry Potter is not required nor will it help with the game as a whole.

Rules:

1. Day phases will be 48 hours and night phases will be 24 hours. Phases will start/end at 8:00pm ET.
  2. I recommend posting at least 10 posts per day phase.
  3. No discussing the game outside of the thread or in specified discord channels. No using OGI or angleshooting (such as comparing how rolecards are written).
  4. NO CLAIMS/BREADCRUMBS OF ANY SORT. - I may or may not give warnings before modkilling. You have been warned.
  5. Self-targeting is not allowed unless otherwise specified
  6. This game will be majority yeet only. If majority is not reached, there will be no elimination.
  7. Votes/Unvotes must be done through the BBCode. Unvotes no longer require you to write something in it so you can just unvote.
  8. Each player will be sorted into their houses based on their top two choices during confirmation. As always, this may or may not be something you wish to discuss and may or may not have an impact. There will be an even number of players in each house so some choices may not be met.

Living Players:

1. Claws
2. Dreyski
3. FutureHold
4. Jarrod1983
5. Listo
6. Lora
7. MTR
8. Pablo Diablo
9. Randolph
10. Robozerim
11. Satsu
12. The Homely Man
13. Tildey
14. Val
15. Xanjori
—---------------
16. Nightingale - Sybill Trelawney

Dead Players:

1. Badger, playing as Luna Lovegood, the Order Psychic, has been eliminated. He was Gryffindor. (Day 2)
2. Caito, playing as ???, the ???, has been killed. (Night 2)
3. 3puppies, playing as Newt Scamander, an Order Bus Driver, has been modkilled. He was a member of Slytherin House. (Day 3)
4. CWE, playing as Mrs. Norris, the Order Backup, has been killed. He was Gryffindor. (Night 3)
5. Kareemah, playing as Gellert Grindelwald, the Alliance Godfather, has been modkilled. She was Slytherin. (Day 4)
6. Divasmurf, playing as the Marauder’s Map, an Order Tracker, has been modkilled. He was Gryffindor. (Day 4)
7. Blind Ninja, playing as Vinda Rosier, the Alliance JOAT, has been killed. He was Slytherin. (Night 4)
8. Peter Griffin, playing as Minerva McGonagall, an Order Absorber, has been killed. He was Ravenclaw. (Night 4)
9. Matthieu, playing as Fred Weasley, an Order Mason JOAT, has been killed. He was Slytherin. (Night 4)
10. Psycho, playing as ???, the ???, has been eliminated. (Day 5)

Day/Night Writeups:

Note:
Reader Mode will have all writeups up to date if the below has not been

Game Intro:

Professor Trelawney was scurrying through her tower. “No. The tea leaves cannot be showing this.” She shuffled through her papers, trying to find the obscure text she read earlier in the day. She was shaking as the omen that she read terrified her more than the one those fateful years ago. Everything had been peaceful since the fall of Voldemort, or so she thought. These portents and mild visions she had been experiencing the last couple weeks have been chilling her to her bones.

“Aha!” Professor Trelawney exclaimed. She quickly started to review the document and her mouth fell open agape. Before she could react, an explosion rocked Hogwarts and threw Professor Trelawney sideways, knocking her unconscious.

When she awoke, she had to push some rubble off of her. She stood up shakily and left her tower. In situations like this, the teachers would typically gather in the Great Hall. Luckily, there were no students at Hogwarts. She went down the staircases and heard voices from within the Great Hall but could not make any out. Professor Trelawney pushed open the door and stepped inside.

She could not believe her eyes. She did not recognize anyone standing in front of her. It seemed like no one recognized each other nor any of the deeds they had performed in the past. Harry Potter stepped forth, still as young as he was back in Hogwarts and started to speak. “Now, I have no idea how any of us got here or even who any of you are, but it's clear some…evil is afoot.” Fred Weasley clutched the Marauder’s Map and nodded his head. “This is really strange, mate.”

Lord Voldemort stood up shakily, unaware of who he was nor who anyone else was. “What the hell is going on here?” He may not have his memories, but in his heart he felt that this group needed a leader. And he was the obvious choice to rule….i mean lead over.” Lord Voldemort stepped forward, intent on giving everyone a piece of his mind, but Gellert Grindelwald spoke first. “I think we need someone to lead us. Obviously, I think I would be the best.”

Arguments erupted as no one could trust anyone in this location as they all seem to have lost their memories. Another man spoke, the beard on his face shifting in and out of focus. “Now, now. There should be a civil way to do this,” Albus Dumbledore said. He was quickly cut off as others joined in the arguments and it was clear alliances were starting to form amongst everyone.

Lord Voldemort scoffed. “Anyone who thinks I am the best to lead us, meet me in the forbidden corridor.” He walked off swiftly with some following behind him. Peter Pettigrew wasn’t sure what to do, but he followed this man regardless. Something felt…appropriate.

Gellert Grindelwald let out a mirthless laugh and announced that anyone who felt he should be in charge should follow him down to the dungeons. Some decided to follow him, especially Nagel. He may not remember who he was or what he has done, but something about Grindelwald felt right.

Dumbledore sighed and looked around at the others. “Well, I guess we better figure out what is going on here.” Another voice spoke up. “Well, let’s get everyone fed and come up with a plan on what to do next.” Minerva McGonagall strode out from the shadows. “We should meet in the Great Hall each day to see if we can figure out who put us here and who we all are.” The others pondered this but agreed. Tomorrow, they would all meet and figure out what the hell is going on.

Professor Trelawney had a bad feeling about this. She quickly left and strode back up to her tower, hoping that she would be able to find an answer to this puzzle.

Elsewhere in the castle, Peeves woke up from a quick nap. “People? In the castle? This is going to be LOADS of fun.” He cackled and whizzed around the castle planning all sorts of mischief.

Day 1 Intro:

With everyone sorted into their houses and a peaceful night's rest, they all came down from their house common rooms and met in the Great Hall. A large table was set out in the center with seats enough for all.

Everyone took their places at the table, including the members of the Death Eaters and The Alliance. George Weasly was in a heated discussion with Dobby while Lucius Malfoy sneered at Vinda Rosier.

Peeves
also took a place at the table fantasizing about all of the fun he could potentially have and knocked over Severus Snape’s goblet. Snape jumped up and cursed the poltergeist. Rubeus Hagrid smiled and bellowed laughter.

Argus Filch and Mrs. Norris were keeping to themselves in the corner of the room, watching over everyone present. Luna Lovegood attempted to talk to them, but was presented with a hiss from Mrs. Norris.

Sybill Trelawney had come down from her tower and decided to be present amongst everyone. This would weaken her cosmic abilities, but felt it was important that her presence be known today.

Dumbledore tapped his fork on his goblet and everyone fell silent. “Now my friends. Let’s get down to business and figure out what is going on here.”

—---------------

Nightingale is Sybill Trelawney and is a Neutral Wish-Granter. She cannot be voted upon or have actions performed on her. She does not count towards parity/player count and cannot vote or use FoS either. Professor Trelawney will be present at the meeting on Day 1 and all wishes submitted will be anonymous.

To submit a wish, please append your wish with ?wish and Dynobot will send the message for you. You do this from your private channel. There is no limit on the amount of wishes able to be sent. If the wish was successfully sent, it will delete itself from your channel.

All wishes MUST have a target (can be yourself) that the wish will be applied to for it to be a valid wish. Granted wishes will not be revealed to the thread with the exception of the Hogwarts house and alignment of the player whose wish was granted. Wishes may only be submitted with the wish and target and no other information (such as your name, your role, discussion about the game, etc). Wishes must be on one line (no character or word limit) with ?wish at the beginning or it will not be sent properly. If additional information is sent with your wish, the moderator will be displeased and will express this displeasure in a multitude of ways.

Examples:

?wish I wish for a vig kill (Invalid wish - No target)
?wish I wish to have a vig kill for myself (Invalid wish - No specific target)
?wish I wish to for VK to have a vig kill (Valid wish - Target is present (self targeting allowed))

Wishes will be chosen by the Wish-Granter based on how they are written and only one can be chosen to be granted per night. Wishes are only valid on the cycle that they are wished for. The moderator reserves the right to adjust, modify, or interpret, or interfere with any final wishes if they are not clear and specific.

NO WISHES CAN CAUSE ANY RESURRECTIONS OR ALIGNMENT CHANGES.

—---------------

Lora has donned the Invisibility Cloak and is immune from being voted upon or targeted by actions until the start of Day 3.

—---------------

Current Phase:

It is currently Day 1. Day 1 will end at 8:00pm ET on Feb 9th or when majority is reached. With 25 players valid, majority is 13 votes on a single player. If majority is not reached by end of day, no one will be eliminated.

Last edited:

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Vote: Graeham

Cos I feel like we didnt do that enough last game.

Nightingale

Administrator
Greetings fellow wizards and witches... now now, I know you will all be looking to your most esteemed divination professor for answers-- yes yes, of course I know who I am, don't interrupt. What? No. I, I can't tell you what is going on. Why not? Well, um. Of course I'm capable of divining it! The question is; are you? Now the art of tasseography is an ancient and effective method of glimpsing into the spiritual realm for answers, so everyone please - get your teacups, enjoy your tea of choice, and then tell me what it is you see prophesied in the leaves. Privately of course.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
I like this wish mechanic. Should be interesting to see how this plays out. And just because I can't have my son one up me like last game.

Vote: Future

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
My name's the Homely Man and this is my mafia shop.

I work here with my old man Badger and my son, claws. Everything in here has a story and a price. One thing I've learned after 21 years – you never know WHAT is gonna come through that door

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Day 1 Vote Count:

1 - Matthieu (Xanjori #7)
1 - Badger (Peter Griffin #9)
1 - Future (MTR #10)
1 - Xanjori (Psycho #11)
1 - Caito (CWE #14)
1 - PG (Blind Ninja #16)

Not Voting: Badger, Diva, Caito, Dreyski, Kareemah, Matthieu, Val, Tildey, 3puppies, Claws, The Homely Man, Satsu, Morrison, Listo, Future, Jarrod, Lora, Randolph, Lettuce

Nightingale

Administrator
Damn... I was gonna come in and vote nightingale... but can

Vote: PG

Welcome to the party
How's your progress coming along, hm? Do you feel the connection with the divine yet? Let me see your cup chil-- oh my! Oh.. oh no... are you feeling quite well? Have you run across any salamanders recently? No? Well... keep your eyes open, and if you do - run!

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
How's your progress coming along, hm? Do you feel the connection with the divine yet? Let me see your cup chil-- oh my! Oh.. oh no... are you feeling quite well? Have you run across any salamanders recently? No? Well... keep your eyes open, and if you do - run!
Too much effort to run, Ill just walk. Might be a brisk walk.

And not sure the tea was doing much, so moved on to coffee

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
What is rude is that people keep killing me while I am sleeping. Can't a man take a nap in peace.

3puppies

Lost Wolf
I dislike voting on day 1 because of lack of any real information. I am still figuring out how to navigate this forum as it isn't nearly as comforting as rajah.

I would vote sleep if we are allowed

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
did you kill your entire family or portions of it 2 games in a row?
Just one game. I was SK and took out Diva and then the scum team did a bus drive and Future got the axe but he was not the target. Claws took out Future in Mario Kart I believe. It was not me or Tildey.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
I dislike voting on day 1 because of lack of any real information. I am still figuring out how to navigate this forum as it isn't nearly as comforting as rajah.

I would vote sleep if we are allowed
I doubt we reach a majority on this day phase. Probably a lot of random votes and shit posting. I don't see anywhere that says we can't vote sleep.

I love Rajah. Don't get me wrong but as far as playing mafia I like this forum better due to some of the bells and whistles.

Randolph

Vanilla Townie
Pronouns
he/him
Why is milk the only bodily fluid that we're allowed to drink in public?

Randolph

Vanilla Townie
Pronouns
he/him
adam sandler lol GIF
Is there another bodily fluid you are looking to drink?

Attachments

• shooter-mcgavin-no.gif
    shooter-mcgavin-no.gif
    134.4 KB · Views: 1

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Best I can do is a connection with the semi-divine and a light jog.

Nightingale

Administrator
Mhmm, mhmm... yes! The other side of the veil is mysterious and difficult to decipher indeed. The gift is rare and powerful.... not all are blessed with the sight as I am sadly.... one of you thinks they see a portent of an invisibility cloak for themselves, well! - *chuckles and adjusts her glasses* I suggest you turn your cup ninety degrees and try again - your form is not quite right, and proper form is key in divination! (Invalid wish format).

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Day 1 Vote Count:

1 - Badger (Peter Griffin #9)
1 - Future (MTR #10)
1 - Xanjori (Psycho #11)
1 - Caito (CWE #14)
1 - PG (Blind Ninja #16)
1 - Claws (Future #21)
1 - Sleep (Matthieu #37)

Not Voting: Badger, Diva, Caito, Dreyski, Kareemah, Val, Tildey, 3puppies, Claws, The Homely Man, Satsu, Morrison, Listo, Jarrod, Lora, Randolph, Lettuce

With 25 players alive, majority is 13 votes on a single player.

Badger

“70% Furry, 30% Filthy, 100% Fun”
Pronouns
he/him
Just doing an initial check-in here. The wi-fi at my new job currently blocks access to this site so not gonna be as active as I would normally like with active as I would normally like.

I am intrigued with the wish mechanic and what ends up getting chosen each night. It should spice things up a bit and maybe even some added analysis on top of the usual spreadsheeting depending on the targets chosen.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
@Nightingale Aside from chatting during the day and granting a wish each night (should you chose to do so)... Do you have a win-con you are working towards (not asking what it is) or are you just here to engage and grant

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
My name's the Homely Man and this is my mafia shop.

I work here with my old man Badger and my son, claws. Everything in here has a story and a price. One thing I've learned after 21 years – you never know WHAT is gonna come through that door
Son can you help your old man and get that potion off the top shelf? My back gave out again, not as spry as I used to be.

Where is that grandson of mine? Hopefully not slacking off.

Caito

CWE Killer
Vote No Lynch

Cuz that’s where we shall be anyways.
Also dunno how to do the whole closed caption look

Claws

Mastermind
Just doing an initial check-in here. The wi-fi at my new job currently blocks access to this site so not gonna be as active as I would normally like with active as I would normally like.

Red flag excuse

Vote: badger

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
My grandson has a lot to learn it seems.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
So you initial checkin with... and not able to wifi at work... yet you post 3 times in under an hour... seems disingenuous

Unvote:

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
1. 3puppies
2. Badger
3. Blind Ninja
4. Caito
5. Claws
6. CWE
7. DivaSmurf
8. Dreyski
9. FutureHold
10. Jarrod1983
11. Kareemah
12. Llettuce
13. Listo
14. Lora
15. Matthieu
16. Morrison
17. MTR
18. Peter Griffin
19. Psycho666Soldier
20. Randolph
21. Satsu
22. The Homely Man
23. Tildey
24. Val
25. Xanjori
—---------------
26. Nightingale - Sybill Trelawney

Anyone else upset that this got changed to alphabetical order instead of number you signed up for?

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
So you initial checkin with... and not able to wifi at work... yet you post 3 times in under an hour... seems disingenuous

Unvote:

Aye because I’m that daft to post it and post 3 times when perhaps…here’s a shock, maybe no longer at work.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
Aye because I’m that daft to post it and post 3 times when perhaps…here’s a shock, maybe no longer at work.
The tone and direction of the 1st post made it seem like you were at work... then not knowing where you are, and based on my current time, inferred it was still normal working hours for you. Can you not see how that would corrilate?

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
The tone and direction of the 1st post made it seem like you were at work... then not knowing where you are, and based on my current time, inferred it was still normal working hours for you. Can you not see how that would corrilate?
Well it’s pretty common knowledge I’m a UK poster and it’s evening here.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Vote No Lynch

Cuz that’s where we shall be anyways.
Also dunno how to do the whole closed caption look
Do BBCode around the vote with either vote or v. You can also use the checkmark button on the toolbar and write the persons name between

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Day 1 Vote Count:

2 - Badger (Peter Griffin #9, Claws #45)
2 - Sleep (Matthieu #37, Caito #43)
1 - Future (MTR #10)
1 - Xanjori (Psycho #11)
1 - Caito (CWE #14)
1 - Blind Ninja (Lora #52)
1 - MTR (Future #63)

Not Voting: Badger, Diva, Dreyski, Kareemah, Val, Tildey, 3puppies, The Homely Man, Satsu, Morrison, Listo, Jarrod, Randolph, Lettuce, Blind Ninja #59

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him

Unvote:
What if he is lying about being Claws granddad too. :rolleyes:

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
What if he is lying about being Claws granddad too. :rolleyes:
I take the son/grandson BS and some gimmick he wants to roll with... and dont read into that much. Its on the back burner and might come back to depending on how things shake up

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I take the son/grandson BS and some gimmick he wants to roll with... and dont read into that much. Its on the back burner and might come back to depending on how things shake up
Come on it was a joke. Its obvious its some roleplay gimmick. They wouldnt be allowed to say that if it was game related right?

Nightingale

Administrator
@Nightingale Aside from chatting during the day and granting a wish each night (should you chose to do so)... Do you have a win-con you are working towards (not asking what it is) or are you just here to engage and grant
Erm, well.. uh, yes - I have aspirations to help all my students tap into their hidden potential.

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
What kind of wishes you like the most?
Nice wishes, nasty wishes, funny wishes? Or maybe some crazy shit wishes?

Nightingale

Administrator
What kind of wishes you like the most?
Nice wishes, nasty wishes, funny wishes? Or maybe some crazy shit wishes?
Many think they have the gift because they can predict the mundane, but no! No, no, no - the sun will rise tomorrow? Why of course it will! You need not peer into a crystal ball for that, ha! No, those who truly have the gift are the they who can see the strange and unusual that no one would expect before it occurs!

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Guess if they watched stuff like that online instead they wouldnt be a former friend.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Day 1 Vote Count:

2 - Xanjori (Psycho #11, Dreyski #78)
1 - Future (MTR #10)
1 - Caito (CWE #14)
1 - MTR (Future #63)

Not Voting: Badger, Diva, Kareemah, Val, Tildey, 3puppies, The Homely Man, Satsu, Morrison, Listo, Jarrod, Randolph, Lettuce, Blind Ninja #59

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Day 1 Vote Count:

2 - Caito (CWE #14, Tildey #80)
1 - Future (MTR #10)
1 - MTR (Future #63)

Not Voting: Badger, Diva, Kareemah, Val, 3puppies, The Homely Man, Satsu, Morrison, Listo, Jarrod, Randolph, Lettuce, Blind Ninja #59

Listo95

Many think they have the gift because they can predict the mundane, but no! No, no, no - the sun will rise tomorrow? Why of course it will! You need not peer into a crystal ball for that, ha! No, those who truly have the gift are the they who can see the strange and unusual that no one would expect before it occurs!
But the sun won’t rise tomorrow?

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Day 1 Vote Count:

3 - Sleep (Matthieu #37, Caito #43, Randolph #82)
2 - Caito (CWE #14, Tildey #80)
1 - Future (MTR #10)
1 - MTR (Future #63)

Not Voting: Badger, Diva, Kareemah, Val, 3puppies, The Homely Man, Satsu, Morrison, Listo, Jarrod, Lettuce, Blind Ninja #59

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Greetings fellow wizards and witches... now now, I know you will all be looking to your most esteemed divination professor for answers-- yes yes, of course I know who I am, don't interrupt. What? No. I, I can't tell you what is going on. Why not? Well, um. Of course I'm capable of divining it! The question is; are you? Now the art of tasseography is an ancient and effective method of glimpsing into the spiritual realm for answers, so everyone please - get your teacups, enjoy your tea of choice, and then tell me what it is you see prophesied in the leaves. Privately of course.
I am not good at tea leaves. Can I do runes instead?

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Day 1 Vote Count:

3 - Caito (CWE #14, Tildey #80, Val #90)
3 - Sleep (Matthieu #37, Caito #43, Randolph #82)
1 - Future (MTR #10)
1 - MTR (Future #63)

Not Voting: Badger, Diva, Kareemah, 3puppies, The Homely Man, Satsu, Morrison, Listo, Jarrod, Lettuce, Blind Ninja #59

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Feel free.

The thing about a psycho first push is that sometimes he likes to do it, because it's the most memorable one. And he might no he's gonna get checked soon. And sometimes you've got a big pile of nothing. And if I'm going to move a product, I've gotta know what it's worth. Otherwise it's just taking up shelf space.

blind ninja has been analyzing matthieu votes since 1983, and is considered one of the foremost evaluators of his triggers in the viking larping community. @Blind Ninja, what type of appraisal would you put on that vote?

Mazer

Spirit Breaker

images

The Old Man likes to get in the show somehow

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
The thing about a psycho first push is that sometimes he likes to do it, because it's the most memorable one. And he might no he's gonna get checked soon. And sometimes you've got a big pile of nothing. And if I'm going to move a product, I've gotta know what it's worth. Otherwise it's just taking up shelf space.

blind ninja has been analyzing matthieu votes since 1983, and is considered one of the foremost evaluators of his triggers in the viking larping community. @Blind Ninja, what type of appraisal would you put on that vote?
I put it at an attempt to not hold discussion for the day. We've already had 1 person say something to the point of "we have no info," but what effort are they making to converse, ask questions and formulate opinions.

I can see moving votes around for reactions and interacting with people, only to move to no vote late in the cycle, but within the 1st several hours just feels lazy. On top of the fact that we need Majority to lynch, voting sleep/no lynch isnt even needed when nobody is close to danger.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
That show is scripted... it was entertaining before I learned that fact, but I can never see it the same again.
Spoiler alert. All reality shows are scripted. Some more than others and some are just plain fake like an episode of Jerry Springer starring Memphis wrestling star Bill Dundee and his son J.C. Ice former member of the Nation.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
I had a former friend who used to try and get all the guys in our group to drink a lot of water, soda or beer on our camping trips and then when we inevitably needed to take a leak he'd excitedly come and join us in order to watch us pee.
“How do you spell icup?”
“I-C-U-P!”
“Hahahahaaaaa!”
“No really! I see you pee!”
“Ewwwwww!”

Top Bottom