Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 2 - Wishes of Hogwarts

Badger

“70% Furry, 30% Filthy, 100% Fun”
Pronouns
he/him
Spoiler alert. All reality shows are scripted. Some more than others and some are just plain fake like an episode of Jerry Springer starring Memphis wrestling star Bill Dundee and his son J.C. Ice former member of the Nation.
I’d always known Pimp My Ride was scripted to some degree like for example Xzibit happening to show up and the guests pretending to be surprised. But years after reading about the horror stories behind the scenes of what actually happened with the vehicles was still a shocking eye opener.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
The thing about a psycho first push is that sometimes he likes to do it, because it's the most memorable one. And he might no he's gonna get checked soon. And sometimes you've got a big pile of nothing. And if I'm going to move a product, I've gotta know what it's worth. Otherwise it's just taking up shelf space.

blind ninja has been analyzing matthieu votes since 1983, and is considered one of the foremost evaluators of his triggers in the viking larping community. @Blind Ninja, what type of appraisal would you put on that vote?
Feels on Xan so far, though?

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Spoiler alert. All reality shows are scripted. Some more than others and some are just plain fake like an episode of Jerry Springer starring Memphis wrestling star Bill Dundee and his son J.C. Ice former member of the Nation.
Y'all should watch season 1 of the Joe Schmo Show

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
Was pawn stars originally labeled as a reality show?

Either way, Im well aware that the vast majority of shows are scripted and completely true

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Was pawn stars originally labeled as a reality show?

Either way, Im well aware that the vast majority of shows are scripted and completely true
Any show like that is labeled reality.

Probably the only reality show that was really reality or as close as you get to it was the first season of the Real World but even then there was creative editing.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante

Probably the only reality show that was really reality or as close as you get to it was the first season of the Real World but even then there was creative editing.
100% of shows like that use creative editing to add more drama or make it the least bit entertaining. Thousands of hours of video to roll into a 30min-1hr episode

3puppies

Lost Wolf
I want to get a vote in because I don't trust what can happen by not voting, or by voting sleep.

Vote: Val the Moofia Boss

No reason other than the suggestion to lynch the no lynchers

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
100% of shows like that use creative editing to add more drama or make it the least bit entertaining. Thousands of hours of video to roll into a 30min-1hr episode
Yeah and they did make people look a certain way. The first cast though were like we really had no idea what to expect or do because they were the first. After that people that went on shows like Real World and Road Rules knew more what to expect and how they wanted to act on the show. Of course that didn't always work in the way the thought due to editing. lol I stopped watching after like 3 seasons.

3puppies

Lost Wolf

It's still real to me, dammit

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
I want to get a vote in because I don't trust what can happen by not voting, or by voting sleep.

You act like there has been mechanics in play to kill non-voters in the past. There is still plenty of time in this phase though.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him

Do you think that's a scummy suggestion?

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
You act like there has been mechanics in play to kill non-voters in the past. There is still plenty of time in this phase though.
Not sure if this was sarcasm or not, but there definitely have been games that punished people for not voting.

Void has ran at least one of 'em.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
I loved that show. That was so entertaining. I enjoyed second season but not as much.
I'm not really big into reality shows, but that one was so fascinating to me, especially because all accounts point to Matt legitimately having no clue the whole time.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Not sure if this was sarcasm or not, but there definitely have been games that punished people for not voting.

Void has ran at least one of 'em.
Sorry left off the /sarcasm. I recently played a SK that could kill non-voters. :cool:

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
I'm not really big into reality shows, but that one was so fascinating to me, especially because all accounts point to Matt legitimately having no clue the whole time.
Yeah I am not sure if he really had no idea or not but it did seem like he had no clue.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante

I dont see anything suggesting punishment for nonvoters. Only thing I see is recommending at least 10 posts per phase

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
It would seem there was a third season of Joe Schmo in 2013. May have to find that to stream.

3puppies

Lost Wolf
No, I don't really have a feel on anyone yet. I hadn't voted at that point and had wondered openly about voting sleep.

I concur with the Joe Schmo Show being one of the few reality shows I watched and enjoyed. The first season was really good, second was not as good, and third was just okay.

3puppies

Lost Wolf
In my first game I got killed N1 for leading a no-yeet train. Other games punish non-voters.

Claws

Mastermind
i used to drink franks hot sauce right outta the bottle for like years now i cant do it and im sad old age will get-cha

Dreyski

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
I can’t speak on most of these reality shows yer all talking about, but I sometimes wonder whether 3puppies got featured/shortlisted for extreme couponers or whatever it was called.

Claws

Mastermind
I can’t speak on most of these reality shows yer all talking about, but I sometimes wonder whether 3puppies got featured/shortlisted for extreme couponers or whatever it was called.
he probably turned them down as it too too much time outta his couponing :ROFLMAO:

DivaSmurf

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
3pups made a good point about the voting, so ima throw a vote out so I don’t fall victim to one just in case.

Vote: Future

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Feels on Xan so far, though?

Listen, when you've been in this business for 21 years, you know you need guys for everything. Sometimes you call in a guy, and they don't even give you the appraisal you asked for.

When you're looking at an early era xan, you gotta ask yourself how likely an exposure for a first push is. You'd then think "well when that happens,, you're only probably going to find something rare if it comes in pairs".

So the best I can do is a light interest in the first question and the first back-up.

But the one thing I know for sure, is you never know what's going to walk through that door.

CWE

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Well that's interesting. I really didn't expect those 2 to trigger my scum tells...

Kareemah

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
she/her
Oh god, I didn’t realize we started and missed so much 😭 but I’m ready 😼 how do we find cult if we can’t call out our roles

Kareemah

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
she/her
impractical jokers q GIF

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
Oh god, I didn’t realize we started and missed so much 😭 but I’m ready 😼 how do we find cult if we can’t call out our roles
No cult... based on colors and names...

Death Eaters appears to be a scum team
The Alliance appears to be some other team
I assume names in
blue are likely to be the town element of this setup
Sybill (Nightingale) is listed as a neutral and untargetable. Peeves is also listed, so assume neutral of some sorts

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
Guess I should read my rolecard...

Order of the Pheonix is town. Always helps to know who/what I am when I start playing

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Your roomie didn’t even let you know things he started. Just let you suffer through your double shift with no entertainment?

Kareemah

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
she/her
Your roomie didn’t even let you know things he started. Just let you suffer through your double shift with no entertainment?
Yep 🥲 but I’ve been watching Harry Potter analysis videos all day so I’ve been entertained

CWE

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Currently have reads on...

Mazer (idgaf what you go by Mini Chiklis)
Badger
Psycho
Future
Diva
Tildey
MTR
Blind

Are they right? WHO KNOWS???? That's the fun part.

Dreyski

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
My name's the Homely Man and this is my mafia shop.

I work here with my old man Badger and my son, claws. Everything in here has a story and a price. One thing I've learned after 21 years – you never know WHAT is gonna come through that door
I should probably lay off RDR2 because I’m now imagining Badger as Uncle, you as John, and Claws as Jack Marston.

Wondering if the Badger/BN interaction yesterday was indicative of anything significant.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
I should probably lay off RDR2 because I’m now imagining Badger as Uncle, you as John, and Claws as Jack Marston.

Wondering if the Badger/BN interaction yesterday was indicative of anything significant.
I clash in some way with people all the time... NAI for me

Dreyski

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
It was the unvote as much as anything. In my experience, day one yeets (when played straight) are vanishingly rare, because D1 votes are typically random, or done as a running joke (see Peter Griffin, CWE).

Dreyski

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
Oh, and has anyone done a character/player tally based on current info? I’m technology-limited at the moment.
Wonder if Snape is a traitor character for OOP?

CWE

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
It was the unvote as much as anything. In my experience, day one yeets (when played straight) are vanishingly rare, because D1 votes are typically random, or done as a running joke (see Peter Griffin, CWE).
Dreyski saying my Caito day 1 votes are a joke is just asking to get added to the day 1 scum list.

:squint:

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Oh, and has anyone done a character/player tally based on current info? I’m technology-limited at the moment.
Wonder if Snape is a traitor character for OOP?
I’ve gotten the bones of my spreadsheet started. We’re still 6-7 characters short of the number of players (depending on if you count the Marauder’s Map as a character).

CWE

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I haven't even thought about procrastinating while delaying making my spreadsheet.

AKA...ask me on day 4 if I'm alive.

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
I haven't even thought about procrastinating while delaying making my spreadsheet.

AKA...ask me on day 4 if I'm alive.
I never know what fresh hell is going to come up at work so if I don’t draft it early there’s a good chance it won’t happen.

CWE

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I never know what fresh hell is going to come up at work so if I don’t draft it early there’s a good chance it won’t happen.
Have a base template with you in the 1st spot and around 20 ish openings after. Then just modify anytime you need on a game by game basis. It will save a lot of time in the long run.

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Have a base template with you in the 1st spot and around 20 ish openings after. Then just modify anytime you need on a game by game basis. It will save a lot of time in the long run.
I’ve got a standard base template that I use. It’s more that if I don’t keep up (at least the minimum) I won’t go backward to catch up.

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
I don't really keep track of anything in these games other than relying on my memory and occasionally pretending to go back through the thread to see if there's something I missed when in reality I'm just improvising.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Well that was a quicker read than I thought

CWE seems a little more talkative than what's been normal as of late, which makes me kinda want to write him off early.

Similar feels on Blind so far. Also the "just read my role card" thing, joke or not, seems like something maybe he wouldn't do as scum.

Tildey's enthusiasm gives me good feels, but possibly being a multi-team game and not having seen her scum side means I'll be keeping a close look there

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him

I also liked this post from Dreyski. Feels like the wheels are turning already.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Particularly since early Dreyski can easily look active by talking about setup stuff. Going right into player reads feels good

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Also, I know we're probably just gonna go to sleep and I'm technically doing the opposite, but we could make more use out of this day by consolidating some wagons

Claws

Mastermind

Badger is uncle 🤡

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Day 1 Vote Count:

3 - Caito (CWE #14, Tildey #80, Val #90)
3 - Sleep (Matthieu #37, Caito #43, Randolph #82)
2 - Badger (Peter Griffin #9, Claws #45)
2 - Future (MTR #10, DivaSmurf #134)
1 - Matthieu (Xanjori #7)
1 - Blind Ninja (Lora #52)
1 - MTR (Future #63)
1 - Xanjori (Dreyski #78)
1 - Val (3puppies #113
1 - Listo (Psycho #177)

Not Voting: Badger, Kareemah, The Homely Man, Satsu, Morrison, Listo, Jarrod, Lettuce, Blind Ninja #59

With 25 players alive, majority is 13 votes on a single player.

CWE

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
BTW

Mod Annoucement:

Harry Potter
decided to take this time of discussion and challenge another player to a magical duel. The battle would take place across the day and would end before everyone retired to their common rooms for the night.

You may continue posting.

Harry...you're an idiot...

3puppies

Lost Wolf
I was invited to be on it, but they would not promise me that they wouldn't focus more on the donations, and instead they want to feature the transactions at the stores. If they would have shown me donating a couple thousand cans of soup to the food pantry, I would have considered it. But that alone took ten transactions of a couple hundred cans each, at 4 stores, over two days, and that would have required a longer time for the film crew, etc. There was a reason that show was on right after hoarders, because they want to laugh at the mental illness of an addictive personality, instead of celebrating the positive that can be done with focusing energy toward helping those less fortunate. For example, they showed a woman who was proud she had kept 400 bottles of pepsi soda pop. I knew what deal that was, and I had gotten 560 bottles of it, but I donated it well before it would expire. Maybe she donated most of hers as well, but the show was edited to portray her as a nutcase.

And yes, Claws, filming would have taken time away from my couponing.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
I was invited to be on it, but they would not promise me that they wouldn't focus more on the donations, and instead they want to feature the transactions at the stores. If they would have shown me donating a couple thousand cans of soup to the food pantry, I would have considered it. But that alone took ten transactions of a couple hundred cans each, at 4 stores, over two days, and that would have required a longer time for the film crew, etc. There was a reason that show was on right after hoarders, because they want to laugh at the mental illness of an addictive personality, instead of celebrating the positive that can be done with focusing energy toward helping those less fortunate. For example, they showed a woman who was proud she had kept 400 bottles of pepsi soda pop. I knew what deal that was, and I had gotten 560 bottles of it, but I donated it well before it would expire. Maybe she donated most of hers as well, but the show was edited to portray her as a nutcase.

I normally don't comment during games on individual posts, but this post is great and I legitimately did not expect they would have reached out to you. I love everything about this.

3puppies

Lost Wolf
BTW

Harry...you're an idiot...

But in the books, as I recall, Harry has always been an idiot. He may have a good heart, but he's never read anything and always manages to get himself and his friends in trouble. He got special perks because he was a jock, or because he was famous, and he never really worked at his lessons, or at improving his magic. Snape had him figured out.

3puppies

Lost Wolf
I normally don't comment during games on individual posts, but this post is great and I legitimately did not expect they would have reached out to you. I love everything about this.

Perhaps this will inspire the Wish Granter to grant my wish. ;)

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
That is a pretty cool thing you do 3puppies.

Also where is Foxxi? Clear scum tell, shes frozen, in completely dissarray now shes scum two games in a row, Ive solved it team.

Claws

Mastermind

You do so much good it lets me and badger stay filthy animals

Claws

Mastermind
That is a pretty cool thing you do 3puppies.

Also where is Foxxi? Clear scum tell, shes frozen, in completely dissarray now shes scum two games in a row, Ive solved it team.
Your not paying attention shes prof trelawny stump wish giver

Nightingale

Administrator
Lol I legit missed that. FML. I sat there when she first posted too and wondered if it was a VK alt account.
Mr. Xanjori - you are late... of course I knew you would be. Did you bring your teacup, no, no, you didn't - you may borrow this one for the day. Don't worry about the mess when you drop it later either. Now pour yourself some tea and tell me what portents you see.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Mr. Xanjori - you are late... of course I knew you would be. Did you bring your teacup, no, no, you didn't - you may borrow this one for the day. Don't worry about the mess when you drop it later either. Now pour yourself some tea and tell me what portents you see.
In my cup of tea I see...a kite professor. That means my wishes will come true right?

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
So yeah people already pointed out the whole town and scum thing and what not.

As far as figuring out who is who without claiming that is good old fashioned detective work. I am sure Tildey will share her spreadsheet template with you once she is done and basically you can use it like a logic puzzle to narrow things done from the write ups. You also have to rely on your reads of people and their posts because most of the mods around here do things to limit spreadsheeters from figuring it all out from their spreadsheet.

Honestly you didn't miss a ton. Day one tends to be a ton of shit posting but you may be able to still get some reads from it. Maybe not. And remember to vote Future or I guess Caito if you go by CWE and Tildey but I am pushing Future. ;)

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Its good there is some real discussion day 1, but I never know what to contribute or an easy way to gain reads on people. Personally I prefer to see posting across a day or two to establish a pattern, so consider this day a starting block for my reads but I cant really offer much on the day itself. Except for voting for people.

Top Bottom