Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 2 - Wishes of Hogwarts

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
I was invited to be on it, but they would not promise me that they wouldn't focus more on the donations, and instead they want to feature the transactions at the stores. If they would have shown me donating a couple thousand cans of soup to the food pantry, I would have considered it. But that alone took ten transactions of a couple hundred cans each, at 4 stores, over two days, and that would have required a longer time for the film crew, etc. There was a reason that show was on right after hoarders, because they want to laugh at the mental illness of an addictive personality, instead of celebrating the positive that can be done with focusing energy toward helping those less fortunate. For example, they showed a woman who was proud she had kept 400 bottles of pepsi soda pop. I knew what deal that was, and I had gotten 560 bottles of it, but I donated it well before it would expire. Maybe she donated most of hers as well, but the show was edited to portray her as a nutcase.

And yes, Claws, filming would have taken time away from my couponing.
Very awesome. I love how much you donate. I know that a lot of couponers do that but not all. Like you said there are some that are like hoarders that just stockpile to stockpile.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Its good there is some real discussion day 1, but I never know what to contribute or an easy way to gain reads on people. Personally I prefer to see posting across a day or two to establish a pattern, so consider this day a starting block for my reads but I cant really offer much on the day itself. Except for voting for people.
I tend to not focus too much on reads from day 1. I tend to wait until day 2 and what not to start getting real reads on people because day one is so all over the place unless it is an immunity vote and then you can get more reads on people day one.

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
I think this is the first time Listo has been called out for being quiet only to not come in to post almost immediately after. :LOL:

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Day 1 Vote Count:

3 - Caito (CWE #14, Tildey #80, Val #90)
3 - Sleep (Matthieu #37, Caito #43, Randolph #82)
2 - Badger (Peter Griffin #9, Claws #45)
2 - Future (MTR #10, DivaSmurf #134)
1 - Blind Ninja (Lora #52)
1 - MTR (Future #63)
1 - Xanjori (Dreyski #78)
1 - Val (3puppies #113
1 - Listo (Psycho #177)
1 - Claws (Xanjori #206)

Not Voting: Badger, Kareemah, The Homely Man, Satsu, Morrison, Listo, Jarrod, Lettuce, Blind Ninja #59

With 25 players alive, majority is 13 votes on a single player.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Its good there is some real discussion day 1, but I never know what to contribute or an easy way to gain reads on people. Personally I prefer to see posting across a day or two to establish a pattern, so consider this day a starting block for my reads but I cant really offer much on the day itself. Except for voting for people.
Do you have tiny thoughts on Matthieu and Claws?

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Laughing Out Loud Lol GIF by Minions

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Do you have tiny thoughts on Matthieu and Claws?
Matt hasnt posted much to my memory, so I cant really say he has stuck out. Uh I actually tend to struggle reading Claws early, normally I just let others solve him. But Ive got my eye on him.

Claws

Mastermind
Matt hasnt posted much to my memory, so I cant really say he has stuck out. Uh I actually tend to struggle reading Claws early, normally I just let others solve him. But Ive got my eye on him.
All 8 of your eyes you dastardly spider icky icky

Claws

Mastermind
🦡= 🤡
Mod Note:

Harry Potter
dueled with his target. It was a vicious battle back and forth with neither relenting any ground. A lucky reflect shot Harry's Expelliarmus back at himself, disarming him. Harry kicked the ground at losing the duel and hoped to find his wand before tomorrow.
What we can take back from this is there bad at games like rps or questions

Badger

“70% Furry, 30% Filthy, 100% Fun”
Pronouns
he/him
Also this Harry Potter action. Being my knowledge of the theme is well non-existent as never opened a book or seen any of the films (just not my bag but usually play any game regardless of theme). From the flavour if reading correctly if this is like when I was Zorn/Thorn in the FF game challenging people to games and getting rewards (but town instead of neutral in this case)? Also why is Harry an idiot and some laughing that he’s failed? I might be missing something here.

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Its reccomended to do 10 so if you don't why not try?

3puppies

Lost Wolf
He challenged me.

Are you allowed to share the potential consequences of the duel you were in with Harry?

If it was something like a chance to kill you off, then it is interesting Harry chose CWE to duel with, before anything is known about any characters/players

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
If it was something like a chance to kill you off, then it is interesting Harry chose CWE to duel with, before anything is known about any characters/players
I can see a reason why players would target CWE in some cases.

3puppies

Lost Wolf
Harry is a good guy, after all. But if he had the chance to take out someone, he picked you. Probably not random.

Anyone else wondering who that might have been?

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I think i have an idea, but I dont think is a good idea to out harry.

Kareemah

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
she/her
Vote: Caito u and tildey seem to have beef so I’m siding with tildely 🫡

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Day 1 Vote Count:

4 - Caito (CWE #14, Tildey #80, Val #90, Kareemah #239)
1 - MTR (Future #63)
1 - Val (3puppies #113
1 - Listo (Psycho #177)
1 - Claws (Xanjori #206)

Not Voting: Badger, The Homely Man, Satsu, Morrison, Listo, Jarrod, Lettuce, Blind Ninja #59

CWE

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Are you allowed to share the potential consequences of the duel you were in with Harry?

No idea what would happen if I lost.

Kareemah

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
she/her
To be fair, I think it’s more that I have beef with Caito than the other way round. But he knows what he did so he just ignores my ranting. LOL
Well I won’t vote u bc I want ur spread sheet outline 😂

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I think this is the first time Listo has been called out for being quiet only to not come in to post almost immediately after. :LOL:
Probably out helping homeless nuns to cross the street to save orphans.

One more thing checked off.
Back to Rick Harrison.
Maybe a parody song later.

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
Just be careful. Once a buddy of mine said 'look, over there' and pointed at something in the distance so I turned to look and he was going to smack me on the back of the head as a joke but instead got his foot caught in a metal grate and sprained his ankle.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Day 1 Vote Count:

5 - Caito (CWE #14, Tildey #80, Val #90, Kareemah #239, Satsu #242)
1 - MTR (Future #63)
1 - Val (3puppies #113
1 - Listo (Psycho #177)
1 - Claws (Xanjori #206)

Not Voting: Badger, The Homely Man, Morrison, Listo, Jarrod, Lettuce, Blind Ninja #59

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
About 28 hours left in Day 1. (Day was longer due to earlier start).

Day 1 will end on Feb 9th at 8:00pm or when majority is reached.

3puppies

Lost Wolf
Why is milk the only bodily fluid that we're allowed to drink in public?
I meant to respond to this earlier. My daughter had a professor in college with a water bottle that said "I drink the tears of the students who fail my exams"

Caito

CWE Killer
I would like to offer something g to the discussion.

My current thoughts…… lol

DivaSmurf

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
Currently have reads on...

Mazer (idgaf what you go by Mini Chiklis)
Badger
Psycho
Future
Diva
Tildey
MTR
Blind

Are they right? WHO KNOWS???? That's the fun part.
How do you have a read on me ?! I hope it’s not bad, I need to know 😭

3puppies

Lost Wolf
Red
Voldemort
Peter Pettigrew
Death Eaters
Lucious Malfoy

Purple
Gellert Grindewald
Nagel
Alliance
Vinda Rosier

Yellow
Trelawney (wish granter aka Nightengale)
Peeves

Blue
Harry Potter (NOT CWE)
Fred Weasley
Marauders Map
Albus Dumbledore
Minverva McGonagall
George Weasley
Dobby
Rubeus Hagrid
Argus Filch
Mrs. Norris
Luna Lovegood

This is my starting spreadsheet before I add what I know of my own character's info. I would appreciate anyone who can check this in case I missed something.

Most of the other games I have not been as familiar with the source material. So by now, I suspect there will be shenanigans designed to mess with spreadsheeters. For example, I wonder if Marauders Map is a character, and why we don't see Ginny and Ron Weasley, nor Hermione Granger or Neville Longbottom. Alliance and Death Eaters also seem to be suspect to me - are they real characters, or more likely decoys? Where is Severus Snape? Draco Malfoy? Could Filch and Mrs. Norris be red herrings on the blue team?

Caito

CWE Killer
Not at all. Such blind hatred, quite literally in one case. I wonder where it will get them….

Don’t want me to betray you or kill you repeatedly? Get better at the game. I’ll sit on my throne and wait.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Not at all. Such blind hatred, quite literally in one case. I wonder where it will get them….

Don’t want me to betray you or kill you repeatedly? Get better at the game. I’ll sit on my throne and wait.
Yeah that read like you were writing that while on the throne.

If the g means grams of weed into the discussion then fire away

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
Red
Voldemort
Peter Pettigrew
Death Eaters
Lucious Malfoy

Purple
Gellert Grindewald
Nagel
Alliance
Vinda Rosier

Yellow
Trelawney (wish granter aka Nightengale)
Peeves

Blue
Harry Potter (NOT CWE)
Fred Weasley
Marauders Map
Albus Dumbledore
Minverva McGonagall
George Weasley
Dobby
Rubeus Hagrid
Argus Filch
Mrs. Norris
Luna Lovegood

This is my starting spreadsheet before I add what I know of my own character's info. I would appreciate anyone who can check this in case I missed something.

Most of the other games I have not been as familiar with the source material. So by now, I suspect there will be shenanigans designed to mess with spreadsheeters. For example, I wonder if Marauders Map is a character, and why we don't see Ginny and Ron Weasley, nor Hermione Granger or Neville Longbottom. Alliance and Death Eaters also seem to be suspect to me - are they real characters, or more likely decoys? Where is Severus Snape? Draco Malfoy? Could Filch and Mrs. Norris be red herrings on the blue team?
Snape was mentioned (d1 intro)
Death Eaters and The Alliance feel more like groups of people (teams) and not an individual. Grindewald was the leader of the Alliance

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Nah that was a typo when i was driving earlier.

Maybe keep your eyes on the road lol. Not to be a Karen here but why even use even text let alone play Mafia games while driving?

morrison

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
Mod Note:

Harry Potter
dueled with his target. It was a vicious battle back and forth with neither relenting any ground. A lucky reflect shot Harry's Expelliarmus back at himself, disarming him. Harry kicked the ground at losing the duel and hoped to find his wand before tomorrow.
what game was it where badger was a role that challenged people to contests/games and kept getting beat over and over?

morrison

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
i'm curious how things will play with the houses. it can't be as simple as 'all death eaters are in slytherin.'

Caito

CWE Killer
EBFYTW

This was to both Diva and Badger. Dunno why the quiet thing didn’t work. Why did y’all have to make a new site i don’t know how to work.

Dreyski

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
Death Eaters and The Alliance feel more like groups of people (teams) and not an individual. Grindewald was the leader of the Alliance
Agreed. Paragraph 2 of the day 1 intro talks about members of the Alliance and Death Eaters.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Quick reads on a few:

CWE - (before he says it not because he reads me as such) the most obvious town read here unless he’s deviated heavily on his scum game. Would be 1-2-3 kid beating Razor level upset if he was scum.
Blind - By the book, Mr logical. Confident town read even in spite of our earlier interactions.
Psycho - Less confident than the previous two but leaning slight town. No gimmicky obv town tells like the previous games and dipping in and out in spells.
Homely Mazer - Slightly interesting approach as normally his first port of call is to blatantly ask me and/or Claws if town in the first instance but did the more gimmicky approach instead. Town lean but a bit more slight than usual
Claws - His play here pings me slightly as reminds me of other games like the last one where he’s shaded the likes of me but was a scum approach.
Dreyski - Slight town lean and giving him a bit of a pass due to his PC issues.
3puppies - His spreadsheeting NAI. Seems a bit too paranoid over leading N1 No lynches over a Jarrod/Kefka gimmick that was aaaages ago.
Jarrod - He’s a slow burner normally D1, need to see more D2.
Randolph - Not much but hope he can digest the clippings/hairs in good sauce. Normally questions me or Psycho but none of his usual MO here.
Tildey - Slight town lead. Could see more but asking role questions.
Matthieu - Less familiar with his style than others but from what I know voting Sleep early is NAI.
Lora- Seems a bit more serious and less gimmicky than usual. Most players I’d say that’s fine but I’m used to a town gimmicky Lora.
MTR - His activity level so far is a slight good town lean at the moment
Caito - Not confident at all.
Xan - same.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Vote: Sleep

Just to move this along and for the sake of getting my vote done in case of weird non-voting stuff.

If Snape is in this game then he might be a miller.

i'm curious how things will play with the houses. it can't be as simple as 'all death eaters are in slytherin.'

My first thought was that houses were going to be like neighborhoods from the neighborhood Z game, where players were sorted into housing blocks and shared a chat channel with other players in the same block as them.

Alternatively, there might be a points system at play, where houses with the most points might get bonuses like actions or protections.

3puppies

Lost Wolf

My guess/ source says that the houses may or may not have an impact on game mechanics or provide bonuses. And everyone got to choose their house, except for latecomers who got assigned one to keep them relatively equal. So houses are not necessarily related to the character's canon. There is info in the signup and first post

First Post: Each player will be sorted into their houses based on their top two choices during confirmation. As always, this may or may not be something you wish to discuss and may or may not have an impact. There will be an even number of players in each house so some choices may not be met.

Signup: When your role is assigned, you will be required to pick your top two houses during confirmation, and this may or may not have an impact on you and the game in general. It may or may not grant bonuses or something either and may or may not be something you wish to openly discuss.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Xan,
Quick reads on a few:

CWE - (before he says it not because he reads me as such) the most obvious town read here unless he’s deviated heavily on his scum game. Would be 1-2-3 kid beating Razor level upset if he was scum.
Blind - By the book, Mr logical. Confident town read even in spite of our earlier interactions.
Psycho - Less confident than the previous two but leaning slight town. No gimmicky obv town tells like the previous games and dipping in and out in spells.
Homely Mazer - Slightly interesting approach as normally his first port of call is to blatantly ask me and/or Claws if town in the first instance but did the more gimmicky approach instead. Town lean but a bit more slight than usual
Claws - His play here pings me slightly as reminds me of other games like the last one where he’s shaded the likes of me but was a scum approach.
Dreyski - Slight town lean and giving him a bit of a pass due to his PC issues.
3puppies - His spreadsheeting NAI. Seems a bit too paranoid over leading N1 No lynches over a Jarrod/Kefka gimmick that was aaaages ago.
Jarrod - He’s a slow burner normally D1, need to see more D2.
Randolph - Not much but hope he can digest the clippings/hairs in good sauce. Normally questions me or Psycho but none of his usual MO here.
Tildey - Slight town lead. Could see more but asking role questions.
Matthieu - Less familiar with his style than others but from what I know voting Sleep early is NAI.
Lora- Seems a bit more serious and less gimmicky than usual. Most players I’d say that’s fine but I’m used to a town gimmicky Lora.
MTR - His activity level so far is a slight good town lean at the moment
Caito - Not confident at all.
Xan - same.

Badger walks into the shop. Holds out his list.

Homely: Well that's sure something. How much are you hoping to get for it?

Badger: This is a defined set of day 1 reads. Genuine article, with a proof of town authenticity. I'm looking for $500.

Badger, this is a really interesting piece. But if you turn it over, and get the magnifying glass out, you can see a couple things. Like on item 3, there's a bit of a smudge where you've got psycho having obvious town tells, but haven't had kills on him early when he's been scum. So the town lean is supposed to look like steel...but it's actually made of plastic. And see right here where it says I don't gimmick post on day 1? That's where we start seeing forgeries. And the Lora lean doesn't take into account the invisibility cloak at all. It's the attention to detail that really drives the value of the piece. There are some ok reads here, but the overall value is down.

Since I can't validate the certificate of town authenticity, best I can do is $25 and not hitting you with a full push

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
My guess/ source says that the houses may or may not have an impact on game mechanics or provide bonuses. And everyone got to choose their house, except for latecomers who got assigned one to keep them relatively equal. So houses are not necessarily related to the character's canon. There is info in the signup and first post

First Post: Each player will be sorted into their houses based on their top two choices during confirmation. As always, this may or may not be something you wish to discuss and may or may not have an impact. There will be an even number of players in each house so some choices may not be met.

Signup: When your role is assigned, you will be required to pick your top two houses during confirmation, and this may or may not have an impact on you and the game in general. It may or may not grant bonuses or something either and may or may not be something you wish to openly discuss.
I wonder if people tried to align with their characters.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Xan,

Badger walks into the shop. Holds out his list.

Homely: Well that's sure something. How much are you hoping to get for it?

Badger: This is a defined set of day 1 reads. Genuine article, with a proof of town authenticity. I'm looking for $500.

Badger, this is a really interesting piece. But if you turn it over, and get the magnifying glass out, you can see a couple things. Like on item 3, there's a bit of a smudge where you've got psycho having obvious town tells, but haven't had kills on him early when he's been scum. So the town lean is supposed to look like steel...but it's actually made of plastic. And see right here where it says I don't gimmick post on day 1? That's where we start seeing forgeries. And the Lora lean doesn't take into account the invisibility cloak at all. It's the attention to detail that really drives the value of the piece. There are some ok reads here, but the overall value is down.

Since I can't validate the certificate of town authenticity, best I can do is $25 and not hitting you with a full push
A tough but fair evaluation so will take the $25. These are quick D1 reads overall so haven’t analysed. As far as Lora goes, that was more a read on his general style but the cloak is something I haven’t considered yet. The only ones I’m fairly confident of being steel so far in those are CWE and Blind. I think I’m bumping 3pups a bit ever so slightly after that last post. Psych I still want to see more of in case that wasn’t entirely clear. I’ve played with him long enough never to go full on this early.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
A tough but fair evaluation so will take the $25. These are quick D1 reads overall so haven’t analysed. As far as Lora goes, that was more a read on his general style but the cloak is something I haven’t considered yet. The only ones I’m fairly confident of being steel so far in those are CWE and Blind. I think I’m bumping 3pups a bit ever so slightly after that last post. Psych I still want to see more of in case that wasn’t entirely clear. I’ve played with him long enough never to go full on this early.
Do we think Lora had the cloak as an ability, or do we think VK did it to ensure Lora had a chance to play the game. Lora died N1 last game and I dont think he's done any Rajah games.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Do we think Lora had the cloak as an ability, or do we think VK did it to ensure Lora had a chance to play the game. Lora died N1 last game and I dont think he's done any Rajah games.
From what I understand, Lora doesn’t do Rajah at all. Not sure why as think he’d be a great fit on our site and generally friendly apart from the odd weirdness. Good point though. I can say from experience Void (and hope he won’t mind me saying this) did design Zorn/Thorn specifically for me after the X-Men stuff went down and wasn’t happy about being heavily pushed after randing scum twice so definitely a strong possibility.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Finally this isn’t really game-related but more curiosity in that why has Foxxi changed her name yet again? Til I clocked the administrator status I was in the same boat as Xan to be fair to him and thought it was a newbie lol.

Top Bottom