Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 21- American Assassin

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Fox Tv Popcorn GIF by The Four

GrumpyCat

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah, become: it surely is somewhere but who cares anymore. it is how it is ;p

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
Honestly would've thought mazer would check in by now and have something to refute the votes on him, but apparently not 🤷

I'll stay the course and sit on the wagon.

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
Still would like Robo to check in, I pinged him earlier but it's been like a day and a half, maybe two

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
I have reason to believe the two neutral characters we've seen are more likely within the players posting today than not

As for scum, probably a mixed bag

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
I would not touch VK, Claws or Grumpy right now. I'm also not interested in CWE, although that feels like more of a gamble.

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
On second thought, I don't really know about Donatella because the Listo kill gives me pause. I do think it's slightly less likely that a serial killer who lurks would kill another lurker. But it's not impossible.

Anna, though, is likely above the ideal post-min.

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
I think we're still in that sort of game state where scum can try to keep quiet and hope that town fails to coordinate a wagon, but I no longer think it's specifically Robo and Morrison paired with Mazer. I still think Mazer is gonna flip scum, but maybe not paired with more than one player who was completely silent yesterday.

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
...if Mazer is Donatella then all my association reading goes out the window and my scum theory goes to like, zero lol

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
Would probably look into BN and one of Future/MTR in that case, and then maybe a lurker.

Blind Ninja

Godfather
I wholeheartedly agree. Especially with how he came in, made a small excuse (about killing me on N1) said he'd be back and 13 hours after that nothing. Obviously things come up, but it feels eh.

From a language/psychology PoV, I also like how he specified N1 and not something like "You'd have been dead by now" especially with the assumption that scum could only kill on N1. Hmmmm.

But again, I'd rather get a yeet off. CWE and WA feel very strongly about Mazer and I think that can help us look at the two of them. So its a net info gain really.
No idea how or when scum can or cant kill if its an alternating scenario.

I have a list of people how I owe kill(s) to, and those are my N1 targets when I control a kill.

As for not coming back on last night, didnt get home til around midnight and went to bed. Didnt have the energy to come back to the thread and read, respond to all of it. We went from 3.5 pages through day 2... and went 5 pages in the 1st 12-15hrs of D3. Thats a lot to sift through.

Blind Ninja

Godfather
Oh crap. I missed this post literally all day.

I didn't forget our interaction at all. I said Morrison showed up before the two people being sussed (you and Mazer) did. You promised to show up but didn't. Yes, you made two posts but I was talking after that when I said we'd talk later.

I haven't made up my mind at all. I have things I feel are evidence that make me think one way. You have not been engaging all day today so you can't really say you met resistance.

I legit voted for Mazer two hours before your post. Sure, I still called you scum, but this feels slightly disingenuous.

Give me a reason you are town and not scum. As always. You giving up seems unlike you.
What feels disingenuous?

I know Im not scum. I also see the cards on the table. I dont have information to prove myself one way or the other. If we yeet Mazer and he flips town, itll be even more of an incentive for you guys to push me. Cop should check me and ill come back clean.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
We have about 15 hours remaining. I'm stepping away from computer for a couple hours, but will check back in.

I will likely drop my vote when I check back in unless Mazer is talking during that time to give him a shot.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
What feels disingenuous?

I know Im not scum. I also see the cards on the table. I dont have information to prove myself one way or the other. If we yeet Mazer and he flips town, itll be even more of an incentive for you guys to push me. Cop should check me and ill come back clean.
Saying I forgot our interaction and that you met resistance.

People just not being around isn't really resistance. And god I hate that last line :p

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
As for not coming back on last night, didnt get home til around midnight and went to bed. Didnt have the energy to come back to the thread and read, respond to all of it. We went from 3.5 pages through day 2... and went 5 pages in the 1st 12-15hrs of D3. Thats a lot to sift through.
Windward and I are glad we could do our duty.

I thought you'd be happy :( </3

Blind Ninja

Godfather
Saying I forgot our interaction and that you met resistance.

People just not being around isn't really resistance. And god I hate that last line :p
I felt the interaction with Jarrod as resistance. Basically saying "I have nothing to say/ass, so ill just lurk" more or less.

Saying your forgot, well... you did seem to gloss over it.

Blind Ninja

Godfather
Windward and I are glad we could do our duty.

I thought you'd be happy :( </3
I am glad that the game has more to it now. Just shitty timing for me. Last 2 days ive been out and about with several things and not able to give it my all here.

Blind Ninja

Godfather
Even with that shitty timing for me, the VAST majority of it is you and wind. Still plenty of people that are well under the radar and not assisting

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Sorry guys. Work situation came up the other night, and been slammed. I'm taking a read through now.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I would vote him out tbh
He didn't answer my question yesterday and something was a little too convenient about his readlist yesterday, it was bugging me all night
Why would I have cleared him? I had 2 game reads and a read on probable result on night play.

Two days consecutive with a hopeful gc clear?

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
We know there are at least two red names. (from writeups, not RP even tho that probably would help if I felt like checking it all)

We know there are at least two yellow names.
If it's multiball, I feel a little better about the d1 blocked

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
If it is a jailer and you and claws were roleblocked, it is not mechanically possible for you to be anything other than those roles.

You are excluded from them by being roleblocked the night it was used.

Unless you want to argue people have roleblock immunity :D
That's gotta be the probability. I'm going through if there's something else.

False flag powers and write- up manipulation has been popular for a couple years now in the role madness. Or of course unblocked etc.

Still trying to get in a gameflow

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I have my doubts, I think they can show up in the writeup as roleblocked even if they didn't act because the roleblocker/jailer/etc. obviously has to show up in the writeup.
I do agree with this write-up mechanism read, with the caveat of write-up influence powers

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Listo is a weird kill
If anything, I would guess that the SK wanted to even the count and actually thought Listo was scum
That's an interesting thought if it was multi and they were worried about cannibalize each other. Was there anyone trying to get listo cred prior?

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Idk, if you wanted to test the strongman theory wouldn't you just need to block the exact same players again on another odd and even cycle to see if there's a kill pattern or lack thereof?

Seems a bit farfetched and a waste of blocks, but in theory it does work assuming a strongman would be limited use.
Feels like you'd have to be paranoid and think you were about to be blocked. Although, certainly a poss because we've definitely seen some damn jumpy moves before.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
mostly because he was sus of mazer yesterday and to be frank i dont see him pushing mazer yesterday if he was scum
Why you gotta lie? This is the opposite of me and cwe.

CWE has said ad infinitum that first he votes psych, then me. Caito he just shoots.

Lynyrd Skynrd could have wrote CWE's theme song, with Simple Man. Which , by the way, is one of my favorite songs if you've never heard it.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I mean its getting into meta gaming and I really can't commit without knowing if there are vanilla like has been suggested.

But assuming Morri actually fucked off. He is likely one of the missing names on our list.

That or he is scum and a goon and/or can have his actions submitted for him (this is what I do w/ scum teams)
So, how are you breaking down the odds of town/scum for unseen roles?

I still need to spreadsheet.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
or maybe irl has taken over and he cant play nobody knows so im kinda ignoreing him atm we still need to just push sum1 and he got no issue he could be scum but i feel like pushing som1 spicyer like mazer or bn might potencially out ppl that wanna deflect
I can see pushing someone to get a reaction. The morri train did stall while I was out. So that's at least mildly interesting.

My issue with you right now claws, is typically it is not gone well for me with you when I find that you have misrepresented something to make your push on someone. I often misread you, but that's one of the few red flags that I've seen with you.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Vote: Mazer

We are getting into the last 24 hours and history shows if we don't start the train soon, it won't happen.

I'll jump on board with Windward so at least one of us can be proven right and then we can look at BN the next day.
Eh. You, of all people, would know that if I'm not here it's because of life and has never been AI.

I'm NGL this feels like at least someone saw an opportunity to take me out while I was offline.

But I'm home now.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Exactly. As soon as it came on, they jumped quick.

Contrast to the morrison vote yesterday, and whenever I do flip, that should be telling.

I'd really look hard at that contrast. Particularly for people who appeared when it was the most opportunistic for momentum.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Basically, my current feeling is that people saw that I was away. There are people here that know me very well, and know that I'm not on Rajah, discord, etc....some shit happened.

And anyone who would say that I avoid posting in any situation, in either alignment, would be desperate, because my aggressiveness in every alignment when I'm reading consistently is very well-established.

So basically, last phase we have a complete stall-out. I was part of that, but I truly was intending to try to work with pressuring, but then I got a call after coaching Tuesday, and I had to go to change plans and go to a different site for a while, and I was mostly unavailable until returning today. Hey, because shit happens to all of us maybe there's a chance that somebody else got hit too.

What I do know is that at least one person used a rationale that blatantly isn't true. And I know that we had a stall last phase. And then as soon as gets a vote out, there is immediate action to me. To the point, where we had a quick back down from hammer (and even that was questioned).

Meanwhile, Morri had an unresolved train with a stall, and has come in and taken the "didn't take any night actions" theory off the board.

There's at least enough there for me to want to resolve.

If I do die today or tonight, I'd take a good hard look at the people who have had different behavior. It's been legit to call me out, because I've been gone. Because of the very different dynamic. and the general vibe I've got is that it's weird that none of the people who know me would acknowledge my meta at all, it's highly probably that there's at least some opportunistic play here. That's where I'm at. Just a lot of things that SHOULD ping people. And one has to wonder why they wouldn't.

I'm going here.

Vote: morrison

Also, not sure what to think of future's vote. Not sure if he doesn't want to be on a bad train, have a vote on record, or just really sticking with a gut.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Vote: Mazer
Either you are scum, or I am going to be reminding you of how you turn off all your attention to timing and details when you want to make a big read on me.

If I do go down, please someone look at the votes that piled quickly, and don't let void get town credit for saying that he wanted to hear from me and then buggering off with no comments on anything I said.

Lots of no rationale here.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
where do you want my vote to go mazer
Well, I'd prefer the morrison train fir all the reasons I mentioned above.

VoidKitten would obviously prefer me, because he's either scum or back to one of his blinder games.

Like when you beat the room with your appeals in vanillatown. Similar no rationale in that game from the claws and void crowd.

Fucking shit, people. When you are investigating, details matter.

Matthieu

Vigilante
Unvote: Mazer
Vote: Morrison

Well, that's my weakness. A passionate plea to actually do something and look at the details as opposed to not posting at all, showing up and muttering about night actions.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Well, I'd prefer the morrison train fir all the reasons I mentioned above.

VoidKitten would obviously prefer me, because he's either scum or back to one of his blinder games.

Like when you beat the room with your appeals in vanillatown. Similar no rationale in that game from the claws and void crowd.

Fucking shit, people. When you are investigating, details matter.
And here it is. You talk about investigating and you haven’t even looked at the spreadsheet. It’s not hard. WA understood it after it was explained and she’s barely played this format.

Blame WA for you. I was all gung-ho on BN. I just wasn’t going to die on his hill when you are sus too :p

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
And even if you aren’t crazy sus. WA and CWE (CWE especially) has been on you for two or three days now.

That helps ascertain CWE unless you want to throw shade on him for emojis because I still am confused by it unless it’s a role mechanics which lul

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Also Mazer saying people are scum for accusing him and the only reason he’s being put up is that people think it’s an easy way to get rid of him is funny.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
And this folks is why you don’t hammer early. This makes the game much more fun with a dramatic towards the end of phase plea.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Either way. If someone hammers before I wake some quick final thoughts.

Follow the spreadsheet. It will not lead you astray. Take Mazer’s flip and whomever dies and continue where I left off (if I’m dead otherwise I’ll do it xD).

Remember the “missing” actions. While it’s likely one of the three scum holstered on N1, we only saw two actions. We also likely have a godfather since this game seems more standard.

See who disappears and appears in writeup or doesn’t based on blocks or other assumed actions.

I don’t think WA is scum based on comments she made earlier in this day phase. While it could have been a ballsy scum move, I find that less likely.

Claws I would say was Donatella except for a Listo kill. I just don’t know if Claws shoots Listo there.

BN gave me zero confidence coming in today.

Morri possibly soft claimed but I’m not 100% on it.

Future may have as well if he picked up on a question I asked

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
And here it is. You talk about investigating and you haven’t even looked at the spreadsheet. It’s not hard. WA understood it after it was explained and she’s barely played this format.

Blame WA for you. I was all gung-ho on BN. I just wasn’t going to die on his hill when you are sus too :p
I was trying to go through a few pages of posts in a condensed time period. I was trying to stay in chronological to get the flow.

Typically people who put info together are looking to share and possibly be helpful to those looking through .

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
And even if you aren’t crazy sus. WA and CWE (CWE especially) has been on you for two or three days now.

That helps ascertain CWE unless you want to throw shade on him for emojis because I still am confused by it unless it’s a role mechanics which lul
In what way am I crazy sus?

Is it the earlier reason of cwe voted me early? Because it's not like that is a regular occurrence.. .. which is something I called out. Like cwe talks about it a lot. Maybe you skipped that. I did post a lot.

And cwe is not super on me. You and he should at least question my strategy vs. What occurred. Windy did ask a question. She cleared grumpy. I didn't clear, but was starting to work through and went through my reads. I still wasn't comfortable with gc day 1 being better than neutral. Sadly, I had to go back into work on Tuesday night and couldn't get back to it. Also sadly, my empathy for stubborn refusals to think through actions is lower than typical.

But please....delineate the crazy sus that led to your vote. Because "cwe snd eindysaid it" reads like a weak and pocketing reason that someone uses to push a vote through, and not someone trying to analyze a game. And allows for you to deny later if you get your flip. Normally, your rationale would stand on its own. This doesn't

I've laid out the argument. You had a stalled vote. And then, with little other rationale than I wasn't here you got quick votes up to hammer with little rationale.

Fucking shit, this is progressing from details to basic "pay attention" stuff.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Also Mazer saying people are scum for accusing him and the only reason he’s being put up is that people think it’s an easy way to get rid of him is funny.
Let's live in a world where I'm town. Do you not think that scum would jump on a train when I'm very obviously away. If I come back earlier, it's an easy jump off. You're telling me it's not a strong probability there's not scum on that narrative?

The argument may be on sale, but who's buying that shit?

And it's convenient that morri barely comes back, there's no resolution on him, he claims that he's made actions.....and still let's only push mazer? No concern at all? No rationale quick votes, the type that are usually at least questioned lead to nothing? Pages of posts and that. has no questions?

I guess that's out of bounds for me to question.

But I do appreciate the craftsmanship on making it out like 1 explanation is the oy thing I've said. Its "get my vote through by making other people defensive". Because you would obviously know that you examine every dirty train and look at motivation. Because I've already laid out who and why I question.

Which is certainly better than ignoring things and falling back on repeating weak observations so much that you either intentionally or unintentionally go full in on them.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Either way. If someone hammers before I wake some quick final thoughts.

Follow the spreadsheet. It will not lead you astray. Take Mazer’s flip and whomever dies and continue where I left off (if I’m dead otherwise I’ll do it xD).

Remember the “missing” actions. While it’s likely one of the three scum holstered on N1, we only saw two actions. We also likely have a godfather since this game seems more standard.

See who disappears and appears in writeup or doesn’t based on blocks or other assumed actions.

I don’t think WA is scum based on comments she made earlier in this day phase. While it could have been a ballsy scum move, I find that less likely.

Claws I would say was Donatella except for a Listo kill. I just don’t know if Claws shoots Listo there.

BN gave me zero confidence coming in today.

Morri possibly soft claimed but I’m not 100% on it.

Future may have as well if he picked up on a question I asked
You think claws is possibly Donatello. What do you with him saying cwe would not target me as scum?

Cwe, would you mind throwing some emoticons on this?

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
If I do get hammered, watch the spreadsheets but remember that people are building games not to be 100 on sheets. It can't override everything else.

And pay huge attention to people who acted completely different on two absentee lynches. The votes coming in earlier and now....the lack of engagement on specifics. There's always possibility for nightplay to narrow down.

And "I went with someone else's opinion" is never a strong rationale, and shouldn't lead to free passes.

CWE

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him

:panic::rotfl::shifty::rofl::mwahaha:

CWE

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him

Contrast to the morrison vote yesterday, and whenever I do flip, that should be telling.

I'd really look hard at that contrast. Particularly for people who appeared when it was the most opportunistic for momentum.
:sherlock:

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
Why would I have cleared him? I had 2 game reads and a read on probable result on night play.

Two days consecutive with a hopeful gc clear?
I didn't think that was your clear list, I thought it was just your "I won't vote these people today because they have something going in their favor" list

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
That's an interesting thought if it was multi and they were worried about cannibalize each other. Was there anyone trying to get listo cred prior?
Yesterday when you pinged Listo for a defense on why we shouldn't kill him, I voted him to start a wagon
I think that was the only thing going on that was related to Listo's slot, and I moved off of him and onto Morrison instead.

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
Why you gotta lie? This is the opposite of me and cwe.

CWE has said ad infinitum that first he votes psych, then me. Caito he just shoots.

Lynyrd Skynrd could have wrote CWE's theme song, with Simple Man. Which , by the way, is one of my favorite songs if you've never heard it.
So is this just a thing where CWE always votes you first in games where Psycho isn't playing?

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her

The thing is, the Morrison wagon stopped at 7 yesterday when we needed 8 for majority. Today we only need 7 for majority. So you can't exactly compare by numbers, because the majority has been lowered, and also because you aren't at 7 votes (yet).

Sure, though, if you're town there's almost definitely scum already in your voters, but I'm not inclined to read into it like that unless you flip town.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
So is this just a thing where CWE always votes you first in games where Psycho isn't playing?
Yes. It's been going on for years. His mist feared scum is psych, so he votes him first. I was actually quite honored when I made number 2. He will push if he feels strongly. Other than that, he votes until he likes someone better.

I currently slight lean cwe town. But wither way, he knows I kinda get triggered if he doesn't.

Which is also why I thought it was weird that claws used cwe as rationale. He does it always, and discusses it. I make jokes.

This is a known behavior.

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
Pretty sure it's not a role mechanic. Lol
I doubt CWE is emoji posting as a role mechanic
The question is moreso whether he's just doing it for fun or if he's purposely trying to make himself hard to read

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
Yes. It's been going on for years. His mist feared scum is psych, so he votes him first. I was actually quite honored when I made number 2. He will push if he feels strongly. Other than that, he votes until he likes someone better.

I currently slight lean cwe town. But wither way, he knows I kinda get triggered if he doesn't.

Which is also why I thought it was weird that claws used cwe as rationale. He does it always, and discusses it. I make jokes.

This is a known behavior.
Honestly, I do still suspect you, but I did notice Claws' posts about CWE which is a bit hmm. But that's more of a tomorrow problem from my perspective, something to keep in mind.

I still believe that VK is town. I acknowledge that he can probably pull a very active scum game, but I know he's voting you because you were in his pool of suspects, not his primary suspect, but because Claws and I talked for a while about you and we did form reasoning that wasn't just centered around your absence. I did make some comments that it was a bit odd you hadn't defended yourself yet, but if anything it was because I thought if you were scum, your partners would maybe notice you'd been a discussion topic and ping you to come in. If you are town, I will definitely look into who mentioned activity reading you, or who threw a vote on you with little to no reasoning.

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
I'd really like to see a current vote count, though, but maybe I'll have to go back and manually track it if I want it before eod.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
The thing is, the Morrison wagon stopped at 7 yesterday when we needed 8 for majority. Today we only need 7 for majority. So you can't exactly compare by numbers, because the majority has been lowered, and also because you aren't at 7 votes (yet).

Sure, though, if you're town there's almost definitely scum already in your voters, but I'm not inclined to read into it like that unless you flip town.
At the risk of stating things people know-There's a one vote difference and you can still read momentum and how much work it takes for people to jump on, and whether their rationale are sound or hit some of the benchmark red flags.

Like if the rationale are factually wrong (claws), forced, or quick with little thought. I'm not saying any by itself is a dead lock.

Because I know this is a bad train, I'm obviously calling those out.

And I do hold to my statement that while it was not wrong to ask questions or push me, the ease and complete moving on from morri, even after he claimed one if the active roles (I don't buy the soft claim justification void is peddling-unless I've just missed something-also that just came up after i returned and voted).

So, not apples to apples but definitely ae to draw some trends and comparisons. And get answers.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Honestly, I do still suspect you, but I did notice Claws' posts about CWE which is a bit hmm. But that's more of a tomorrow problem from my perspective, something to keep in mind.

I still believe that VK is town. I acknowledge that he can probably pull a very active scum game, but I know he's voting you because you were in his pool of suspects, not his primary suspect, but because Claws and I talked for a while about you and we did form reasoning that wasn't just centered around your absence. I did make some comments that it was a bit odd you hadn't defended yourself yet, but if anything it was because I thought if you were scum, your partners would maybe notice you'd been a discussion topic and ping you to come in. If you are town, I will definitely look into who mentioned activity reading you, or who threw a vote on you with little to no reasoning.
In fairness, some folks know when I'm unavailable pinging doesn't work. But I would be more likely to check discord in general

I think honest people would say that I'm more likely to sacrifice to check in, even when swamped if I'm a bad guy, because I wouldn't want to fuck over the team.

I don't like that void ignored the points raised, and I think honest vk is typically more likely to engage. The spreadsheet critical comment has pinged me. I was very obviously reading through a lot, and calling me out for a quick help request iscuikebhim.

But honestly, I've also considered that maybe he's got his get me back blinders on. I might have given him top much shit about his political guesses being off lately.

If you think these are problems for another day, why not consider yesterday's morri issue?

Barring another piece of shit work scenario when I'm covering for someone (and thankfully I'm not covering anyone next week). I was killed early last game, and would prefer some run.

But certainly that's only if people think the examining is something they want to engage in.

Or maybe I just get tired and get mad that nobody picked up my truth tell.

Still not telling you, cwe.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I doubt CWE is emoji posting as a role mechanic
The question is moreso whether he's just doing it for fun or if he's purposely trying to make himself hard to read
My money is it's both. Everyone knowing his pattern has likely annoyed him, and he's very likely to be enjoying himself. He was just an early scum kill last game. And cowardly scum kill him early because of the clear.

Which is part of the reason I have a slight town read. Only slight but this FEELS more like a course change after last game that he's more likely to make as town.

Could be wrong, but that's my read.

Top Bottom