Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 5 - Throne of Destiny

3puppies

Lost Wolf
Im bleeding help help i need a dr =[

All I know is that I survived, which I think means the person I protected was not targetted. But Jack says he's bleeding, which made me go look back at the roles.

A bleeding player will die after two nights if not healed.

Someone oughtta please heal our Pirate.

rock meets hard place

Kitten Herder
Pronouns
he/him
When you dont put forth any effort into the game, its a possibility.

You could poke people for reactions. Is there anyone you are sus of? Why not pull that string?
clearly, I did nothing yesterday. I didn't push anyone at all.

Is this kind of posting normal for BN? it's like he comments on my posts but it's like empty and doesn't really go with what I'm saying or what has happened in the game.

3puppies

Lost Wolf

Is this kind of posting normal for BN? it's like he comments on my posts but it's like empty and doesn't really go with what I'm saying or what has happened in the game.

I kind of sus this. It's hard to say that anyone did anything yesterday (presuming you are talking about the Day 1 discussion)

But I think you may have a point about BN.

Not being able to see who did what to whom is maddening.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
Maybe I'm just full of myself but I'd argue that I was one of the few that did anything. I prob had 50 posts yesterday. lol
High post count doesnt mean you did anything. And you have 46 total for this game, so over-estimating your d1.

And yes, I call people out on things and gauge their reactions. Its how I develop my reads.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante

Not to mention this comment was based on your start of today. Leading with a sleep vote and saying we should rush it since "Nothing will happen"

rock meets hard place

Kitten Herder
Pronouns
he/him
Except what you are "calling me out" on isn't exactly accurate. You have clarified/backtracked that it was about TODAY but I was poking Morrison yesterday and nothing came of it, why should I expect anything different today? We couldn't even get a wagon past 2 people. lol

Also, I think your "high post count doesn't mean you did anything" comment is utter rubbish. Like, I'm not being rude about it. People have lives and are busy or choose to do something else. No biggie. I'm just stating a fact that I feel like I did significantly more than several people. True, I may have made some joke/troll posts but I think the vast majority of my posting was game relevant. If you don't feel like I did anything, then who did?

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
Except what you are "calling me out" on isn't exactly accurate. You have clarified/backtracked that it was about TODAY but I was poking Morrison yesterday and nothing came of it, why should I expect anything different today? We couldn't even get a wagon past 2 people. lol

Also, I think your "high post count doesn't mean you did anything" comment is utter rubbish. Like, I'm not being rude about it. People have lives and are busy or choose to do something else. No biggie. I'm just stating a fact that I feel like I did significantly more than several people. True, I may have made some joke/troll posts but I think the vast majority of my posting was game relevant. If you don't feel like I did anything, then who did?
Yet did you try to convince people to move to your wagon on Morrison or did you let it just sit at 2?

Vote:
morrison

lets vote here until it does something

but morrison first

isn't voting to sleep effectively the same thing? Why not vote an active/inactive?

Looks like you are safe for today, Morrison
This was your entire "push" yesterday... not really trying to do anything. And pushing someone with little to no activity on d1 is weak.

rock meets hard place

Kitten Herder
Pronouns
he/him
Morrison coming in and going "Hey what did I miss" and then getting out of dodge is pretty scummy, yes. I can't even convince people to play, how could I expect to convince them to vote?

rock meets hard place

Kitten Herder
Pronouns
he/him
As I said, people are busy. Its hard to tell if someone isn't posting b/c busy but there is a ton od scum motivation in lurking and being less active.

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Congratulations. This game wouldnt be the same without you.

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
D1 is generally always hit or miss. We're a blended community and one half generally prefers to take the D1 = sleep approach and the other half leans more towards taking out a perceived inactive or just making a blind shot in the dark and hoping for the best.

CWE

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
D1 is generally always hit or miss. We're a blended community and one half generally prefers to take the D1 = sleep approach and the other half leans more towards taking out a perceived inactive or just making a blind shot in the dark and hoping for the best.
God I wish it was a 50/50 split...

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
It feels like more and more people these days are content with sleep d1.

Too many people rely on writeups and spreadsheets on a game that should be about interactions.

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I am genarally in favor of d1 elimination, but you see this is a semi open setup with starting composition listed. If i get it right there were only 3 slots that needed to be eliminated yesterday. 2 cultists and an sk. It is a 16 player game so 15 excluding the king. So if someone want to make a shot in the dark for 20% chance then it is up to them. I dont think that was worth it.

I mean you can add neutrals to the pile but those are hit and miss. Like Alchemist and Mercenary dont need to be killed. Fool better not be killed. Only leaves sellsword and scorned as not a wasted yeet.

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
It feels like more and more people these days are content with sleep d1.

Too many people rely on writeups and spreadsheets on a game that should be about interactions.
Bleh interactions. Its all about spreadsheets mister.:boink:

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Are talking about yesterdays talking restricion or bleeding?

Listo95

I am genarally in favor of d1 elimination, but you see this is a semi open setup with starting composition listed. If i get it right there were only 3 slots that needed to be eliminated yesterday. 2 cultists and an sk. It is a 16 player game so 15 excluding the king. So if someone want to make a shot in the dark for 20% chance then it is up to them. I dont think that was worth it.

I mean you can add neutrals to the pile but those are hit and miss. Like Alchemist and Mercenary dont need to be killed. Fool better not be killed. Only leaves sellsword and scorned as not a wasted yeet.
Why say cultist specifically?

Robozerim

Lunchable
Pronouns
he/him
The restriction mainly. Bleed is def plausible but all that means is he isn’t likely to be cult/unseen. Could easily be an evil neut.
He's an evil newt you say? I wonder if the court witch I hired is responsible for newting him. I think she deserves a raise, if true!
Plausibly poor, poor Jack. Well, maybe he's telling the truth, maybe he's not. I actually visited him last night to try and protect him (it was a random dice roll, figure I'm not gonna live long enough to use all my abilities anyway), but that immunity explicitly doesn't protect from bleeds according to the rules post on page one, so not much coming from that.

ForgottenHold

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Or maybe he bled himself, who knows, I'm not providing anything useful I know, but I am trying to overcompensate for my bold claim day 1

Nightingale

Administrator
He's an evil newt you say? I wonder if the court witch I hired is responsible for newting him. I think she deserves a raise, if true!
Plausibly poor, poor Jack. Well, maybe he's telling the truth, maybe he's not. I actually visited him last night to try and protect him (it was a random dice roll, figure I'm not gonna live long enough to use all my abilities anyway), but that immunity explicitly doesn't protect from bleeds according to the rules post on page one, so not much coming from that.
This doesn't make sense to me. Even if you expect you might be eliminated or killed, why wouldn't you at least make some effort to determine who you feel should be protected?

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Day 2 Vote Count:

Morrison - 1 (Nightingale #287)
Sleep - 1 (Rock #290)
JackSparrow - 1 (Listo #321)

Not Voting: 3puppies, BlindNinja, CWE, FutureHold, JackSparrow, MTR, Matthieu, Mazer, Morrison, Robozerim, Satsu, Xanjori

It is now Day 2. Day 2 will end at 8:00pm ET on July 30th or when majority is reached. With 15 players alive, majority is 8 votes on a single player. If majority is not reached by end of day, there will be no elimination.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Sorry so late to day start, work and sleep schedules playing havoc with gaming hours.

Im almost inclined to not believe Jacks bleed but thats only because Im suffering recency bias from another game where scum used a fake poison to stay alive until they won.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him

Its definitely something ive seen scum!BN do before

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Bleed part is quite easy to check if it is true or not. But if its true then he dies.

Just out of curiosuity, does anyone think Jacks post restricion wasnt fake?

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I remember form last game that he said he cares more about game when he is scum. But if he was faking it then thas i dont know ... careless play?

Maybe he really is some weird neutral.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
I dont fully understand Listos reason for not believing the bleed atm but Listos posting itself seems quite towny

Listo95

But is it really?
Jimmy Fallon Actress GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Nightingale

Administrator
From my pov I think it's unlikely Jack's restriction was real - because I know mine was real, and there are only three roles that could possibly have done that. So in order for Jack AND me to have been hit by a post restriction on the same day (because a single person/role can't do that to two people in the dame day), that would mean we HAVE to have 2/3 of those roles. And after one decided to target me, the other one had to have been active, seen what my restriction was, and then decide to copy it and make Jack do it. Or else two random unaligned people just happened to decide coincidentally to hit people with the same exact restriction and that was just when the actions got handled by the mod.

Neither of those scenarios is *impossible* -- but they seem much less likely to me than that of Jack faking. The question then becomes *why* would he fake it? I see no reason for town to fake a restriction. Nor do I think it's likely unseen/cult/NK would want to draw attention like that unless they were specifically *trying* to make people paranoid that they were attempting to be sus and therefore might be the fool. The third possibility is that he is the fool trying to be sus and get yeeted.

And I am side-eyeing listo for not pointing this out... because I'm struggling to see how he's sus of Jack for that restriction, and how that translates to Jack being someone that we might want to yeet *unless* he *also* thought the bleed was a fake cover for unseen/cult, which isn't what he's said.

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Hey morrison could you make a post so i could vote you? No need to vote on reaped husk.

rock meets hard place

Kitten Herder
Pronouns
he/him
I mean, maybe if he doesn't die when he's supposed to bleed out we can revisit but voting him just seems like it's kicking a dead pirate horse

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Opition1 :Jail and realease him. He cant be saved. If he is bleeding he dies. if he is alive he lies.
Option2 (recommended): Just dont heal him. not guaraneed to work.

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Ok so this is what i am at;:

If this is a "cult" cult type game. then cult cant kill on n1 unless they sacrifive a cultist and I dont see a dead cultitst. In this case Val is an SK kill and as such i am like 95% confident Matthieu isnt an SK.

Is this is an "unseen" cult style game there is a possibility of a killl missing. So if you didnt make a post today would you kindly make one.

Good thing could come out of that. Maybe.

JackSparrow

Lost Wolf
ok i think thats a bit much your gunna let me die from a bleed due to d1 shenans you sure your not scum foxxi did ypu fuckin bleed me? I just saw an oppurtuntity d1 to make myself feel better when i saw the restriction i dont see the harm in it

Nightingale

Administrator
Ok so this is what i am at;:

If this is a "cult" cult type game. then cult cant kill on n1 unless they sacrifive a cultist and I dont see a dead cultitst. In this case Val is an SK kill and as such i am like 95% confident Matthieu isnt an SK.

Is this is an "unseen" cult style game there is a possibility of a killl missing. So if you didnt make a post today would you kindly make one.

Good thing could come out of that. Maybe.
Huh? Cult doesn't have to sacrifice anyone to kill? At least not at the beginning of the game, they start with 2 charges of their kill ability and have to later sacrifice members to gain charges back. They could absolutely have decided to kill N1 - it just means that they can't also try to convert because it's the cult leader who has both actions. However, the Cult always makes two kills, so if they did decide to kill N1 for whatever reason there's two kills unaccounted for.

Nightingale

Administrator
Is bleed a day action?
It is, yes. And then the player is told when night begins. So assuming he is telling the truth, he would have been told at the beginning of N1. There is a town role that can give bleeds, but that role can't do that until D2 - so if Jack's bleed is real it had to come from scum.

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
The way i reas is ithey could use erradiacate thive but thry dont tart wtah any charcgrs?

rock meets hard place

Kitten Herder
Pronouns
he/him
ok, I was just looking at the role list and I was like "its a day action, how did he not know?!" but if he isn't informed till the beginning of n1 then that makes sense.

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
There is an erradiatce ability that cound be used twice but it needs charges. From sacricicing cultists?

Nightingale

Administrator
The way i reas is ithey could use erradiacate thive but thry dont tart wtah any charcgrs?
They do, they start with 3 charges - once those are used then they have to sacrifice cultists or they can't kill anymore. It's right there on the cult leader card so I dunno what you're looking at XD

rock meets hard place

Kitten Herder
Pronouns
he/him
but I don't think whether this is cult or unseen is an important question. Who is scummy and needs death is the only question that matters.

JackSparrow

Lost Wolf
Claiming early is so boring plus it opens up easy targets for scum i dont think claimimg is the way to go unless absolutely nessasary

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I mean if cult had all that charges and could kill 2 targets at once then where are those kills.

Nightingale

Administrator
I mean if cult had all that charges and could kill 2 targets at once then where are those kills.
It's either kill or convert for the Cult. They can't do both in the same night, so if it is a Cult they very well may have chosen to convert.

Listo95

i thought there was a convert night and a kill night, unless the first night sets the pace
Unseen can convert and kill in the same night. Mastermind is able to convert every other night when successful (recruit n1, n3, etc). But the Assassin is the one who carries out the kill. For the cult the Cult Leader is in charge of both the recruit and kill.

Generally, they always attempt to recruit n1 when cult. Risky people can use Eradicate to kill though.

JackSparrow

Lost Wolf
Unseen can convert and kill in the same night. Mastermind is able to convert every other night when successful (recruit n1, n3, etc). But the Assassin is the one who carries out the kill. For the cult the Cult Leader is in charge of both the recruit and kill.

Generally, they always attempt to recruit n1 when cult. Risky people can use Eradicate to kill though.
Right but could unseen master recruite n1 if the sin day bleeds?

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
If Jack is lying about a post restriction and/or being made to bleed then that only really makes sense if we believe he's the fool and trying to get yeeted in which case we don't want that to happen as we lose a charge to every ability and can't eliminate anyone the following day phase.

Alternatively a fool could just fake information to try and get someone yeeted with the intention of being yeeted themselves when it proves false.

JackSparrow

Lost Wolf
If Jack is lying about a post restriction and/or being made to bleed then that only really makes sense if we believe he's the fool and trying to get yeeted in which case we don't want that to happen as we lose a charge to every ability and can't eliminate anyone the following day phase.

Alternatively a fool could just fake information to try and get someone yeeted with the intention of being yeeted themselves when it proves false.
Im not a fool

JackSparrow

Lost Wolf
Im not lying about being bled and my restriction was d1 shenans i admitted it foxxis done it before so why cant i

rock meets hard place

Kitten Herder
Pronouns
he/him
Why does claiming that he's bleeding make us want to lynch him? Unless he IS the fool and wants to be healed. He could be some other scum that's trying to pretend to be the fool so we don't lynch but he's bleeding to death so eh...listo's vote is pretty bad

Top Bottom