Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 5 - Throne of Destiny

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Day 2 Vote Count:

Robo - 3 (JackSparrow #419, Nightingale #496, CWE #498)
JackSparrow - 1 (Listo #321)
Listo - 1 (Rock #407)
Morrison - 1 (MTR #428)
Xanjori - 1 (3puppies #477)

Not Voting: BlindNinja, FutureHold, Matthieu, Mazer, Morrison, Robozerim, Satsu, Xanjori

It is now Day 2. Day 2 will end at 8:00pm ET on July 30th or when majority is reached. With 15 players alive, majority is 8 votes on a single player. If majority is not reached by end of day, there will be no elimination.

CWE

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Val died after voting the king. King=bad.

Hence, did scum kill Val to frame the king?

Or did an evil king order the kill and plan on using the frame job defense if questioned on said kill?

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I don't want to see listo, rock, pups or MTR yeeted.
I dont want to yeet MTR Future Jack and CWE
I would rather not yeet Listo Nightingale Matthieu 3puppied and Rock.

I can vote on those not on this list if a train forms.

Voting Robo is a bit risky here, but he feels scummy doesn't he?

Nightingale

Administrator
Val died after voting the king. King=bad.

Hence, did scum kill Val to frame the king?

Or did an evil king order the kill and plan on using the frame job defense if questioned on said kill?
It doesn't work that way. The king either began as Good, Cult, or Unseen (Cult or Unseen depending on which faction we have). No one knows the alignment of the king - not even the scum if he is aligned. An Unseen/Cult king doesn't have communication with the scum faction, nor can he personally kill anyone.

So there would be no point in killing Val to frame the king since the King couldn't have done anything to kill Val. And the King could not have ordered scum to kill Val.

Now, if the scum thought the King might be aligned with them, they might have decided to kill Val because he'd called to remove him - but Val wasn't the only person who had wanted to yeet the king yesterday, nor was he the most vocal, so I don't know how much weight I give that.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
I'm personally inclined to vote the king, his lack of interaction despite my efforts isn't a good look.

Unless someone has some reason we should keep our current monarch..

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
I'm not super happy with Listo's response to a single vote - one opening vote is hardly trying to remove him.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Eh bien. Il semble que quelqu'un ait déjà décidé que je dois me taire, lmao

Nightingale

Administrator
Hmmmm. Are you allowed to quote players at all still? I'm going to test something, try to give you responses you can use if you can quote people's posts

Nightingale

Administrator
Yeah, I figured that part out. Now I'm trying to figure out if I can help you communicate whatever it is you may want to say.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Xan.... why are you quoting things I've said and not even making them quotes?

Nightingale

Administrator
I'm sure you have reasons. Hm. Are you allowed to cut down a quote to only include what you want, or does it have to be the full quote?
I think he's lying
I have info to think this person is suspicious
I trust this person

Could use those with votes maybe if you can pick an choose parts of my posts?

Nightingale

Administrator
And since you can't reply to satsu -
I think listo is responsible
I do not think listo is responsible

CWE

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
It doesn't work that way. The king either began as Good, Cult, or Unseen (Cult or Unseen depending on which faction we have). No one knows the alignment of the king - not even the scum if he is aligned. An Unseen/Cult king doesn't have communication with the scum faction, nor can he personally kill anyone.

So there would be no point in killing Val to frame the king since the King couldn't have done anything to kill Val. And the King could not have ordered scum to kill Val.

Now, if the scum thought the King might be aligned with them, they might have decided to kill Val because he'd called to remove him - but Val wasn't the only person who had wanted to yeet the king yesterday, nor was he the most vocal, so I don't know how much weight I give that.
Ah...gotcha. Didn't know that/forgot if I was told previously about baddies not knowing if king is also bad.

:cheers:

Nightingale

Administrator
Can go a bit further than that probably if you do have someone you suspect
I suspect this person may be responsible

Nightingale

Administrator
This whole thing is weird - like... did this person pick who Xan had to quote? Because if they did, why *me* who is one of the most vocal people, and not someone who barely says anything? Or was it just a "you can only quote one person" but Xan got to pick who that was? That would make more sense.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
This whole thing is weird - like... did this person pick who Xan had to quote?

Listo95

I can def get on with voting Robo but still think removing Jack today will be better for us. Info I have makes it unlikely he will die from the bleed.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
I can def get on with voting Robo but still think removing Jack today will be better for us. Info I have makes it unlikely he will die from the bleed.
So you think he is either lying about the bleed or that someone will heal him? which way you leaning?

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
@Blind Ninja @CWE @FutureHold @Matthieu @Mazer @morrison @Robozerim @Satsu @Xanjori

None of you even have votes out, and we are running out of time. Gun to head, who are you voting today? Who do you not want to vote today?

I'm personally inclined to vote the king, his lack of interaction despite my efforts isn't a good look.

Unless someone has some reason we should keep our current monarch..
Unvote: CWE
Vote: Robozerim
People I think should be eliminated today would include Jack, Morrison, Robo, Matt

Morri seems likely a husk with no response 3/4 through the day.
Jack can be removed at EoN if the bleed is true and nobody heals, so would be a wasted vote.
Matt, just vibes I dont like. (or by own bias) But doubt anyone would really get on board with that alone.
So like gonna go for our King thats doing less than most

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
Then give me reasons to think you are town, or at least not a threat to town.

Alright, how about a claim? I'm the physician and hoped to lay somewhat low as I often do when assigned an important TPR role. Happy? Going to back off now?

Want me to prove it by inoculating Foxxi or someone else? You know, the sort of ploy I had in mind like during the last game to prove myself innocent and trustworthy?

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
Alright, how about a claim? I'm the physician and hoped to lay somewhat low as I often do when assigned an important TPR role. Happy? Going to back off now?

Want me to prove it by inoculating Foxxi or someone else? You know, the sort of ploy I had in mind like during the last game to prove myself innocent and trustworthy?
And yet last game you were scum... or last ToL you implied you were the hunter.

I didnt want you to claim. But these kind of bold plays/claims are something you do when claims are allowed.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
This whole thing is weird - like... did this person pick who Xan had to quote? Because if they did, why *me* who is one of the most vocal people, and not someone who barely says anything? Or was it just a "you can only quote one person" but Xan got to pick who that was? That would make more sense.
Another thing I find odd... He is able to confirm he was hit with a restriction, when you werent.

So do you find it likely that he will not be occupied by this? Or is there a chance that he is BSing like Jack was?

JackSparrow

Lost Wolf

I wanna live =[

Blind Ninja

Vigilante

So do you plan on healing Jack? Did you find out how Val died?

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him

What do you think about bleeding Jacks case doctor?

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
I don't get results as to what killed Val until the day phase ends. I'll dump it in my logbook so it can be shared in the event someone tries to kill me tonight. I haven't decided what to do about Jack.

Nightingale

Administrator
For fucks sake Matthieu... why -.- you had one person prodding you. You didn't even have any votes >.< Also, while I certainly wouldn't mind being inoculated, that wouldn't actually prove anything since I wouldn't be told you did it. The only way it could be proven would be if someone then also admitted to trying to bleed me and I could confirm it didn't work.

Inability to actually use that as proof aside, I believe you - this claiming TPR thing at the first hint of pressure is a very town reaction.

And as Rock pointed out, yes - I was allowed to say I was restricted.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
For fucks sake Matthieu... why -.- you had one person prodding you. You didn't even have any votes >.< Also, while I certainly wouldn't mind being inoculated, that wouldn't actually prove anything since I wouldn't be told you did it. The only way it could be proven would be if someone then also admitted to trying to bleed me and I could confirm it didn't work.

Inability to actually use that as proof aside, I believe you - this claiming TPR thing at the first hint of pressure is a very town reaction.

And as Rock pointed out, yes - I was allowed to say I was restricted.
Guess I miss-read that point, since I dont think it was discussed after the mod note. But good point and went back and reread it.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
I should specify - it's a very town reaction for Matthieu
Agree with the town reaction for him Most people thought his earlier stuff was NAI while I found it sus. Still dont know why he would claim when I was the only person that was poking in his direction.

JackSparrow

Lost Wolf
I am not trying to bait a heal im really bleeding jesus christ its like theres a conspiricy against me and your all in on it

JackSparrow

Lost Wolf
If anything grae just screwed over town with his claim hes likely to get murdered now and more ppl will die to bleeds

Nightingale

Administrator
I'm not sure I agree with you Xan. Listo understands this game better than anyone else, and I don't see him pulling a stunt like this on D2 if he were scum. And Jack's behavior doesn't really make me feel like he is town. He clearly wants a heal, but that's NAI. And other than when someone - can't remember who, might have been BN - asked him to give thoughts, all he's done all day is beg for that heal. And his refusal to claim or even hint at what info he may be able to provide in order to convince people why he should be healed makes me feel like he's just hoping to make someone pity heal him when it may not be in our best interests to do so.

Gotta figure out how to let you answer this...
Why do you think Jack is trustworthy?

I have info he's okay
It's a vibe read
I distrust listo more
Other

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
Why claim and end up like grae? Like i said making yourself a target in tos doesnt go over well
That wasnt what was said. All youve done is say you were bleeding and that you arent the right target. Begged for a heal. You havent really said who you were sus of or why. Youve given no other thoughts to the game.

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
If you're bleeding, then there's not much to lose by claiming - in fact, it'd increase your chances of being saved if you're a valuable role and add further wifom at night when it comes to actions.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Day 2 Vote Count:

Robo - 3 (JackSparrow #419, Nightingale #496, CWE #498))
JackSparrow - 2 (Listo #321, Xanjori #570)
Listo - 1 (Rock #407)
Morrison - 1 (MTR #428)

Not Voting: BlindNinja, FutureHold, Mazer, Morrison, Robozerim, Satsu, Matthieu #577

It is now Day 2. Day 2 will end at 8:00pm ET on July 30th or when majority is reached. With 15 players alive, majority is 8 votes on a single player. If majority is not reached by end of day, there will be no elimination.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Sorry haven't been around today. Playing catch up. First things first though to help us reach majority.

Vote: Robo

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
What's your read on future coming from?
Well I was on the fence but going back through leaning blue dragon because he said he knows I am not scum. Means he has picked up things I have said or something else. Before that I was on the fence because just because I was having trouble getting a read on him this game. He was bit more quiet than normal but that doesn't always mean anything for him

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
I was hoping Morrison and/or Robo would both do something today.

Vote: Robo
hasnt done anything to show he was a good king. Feel more likely that morrison was reaped so not worth a vote there.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I'm a little confused. You said I was going for easy inactives. I asked you why you didn't call me out and you said it was because you were not here. Maybe not at the beginning of d2 but you were very much around d1 when I was pushing Morrison. So why not call me out then? What's the difference between me going after you, satsu, and Morrison and Nightengale going after Morrison and CWE? I don't at all understand the last series of questions. I found all 3 of you scummy and I said as much
Show me where I was around early day 2. I didn't even login from Thursday until yesterday. This is just a falsehood at this point.

Nightingale pinged early, and asked questions based on a specific read on each. And one of the few things I did on d1 I was curious about with Nightingale, and I lean town with her based on her play.

I dunno. Just think it's weird that you're on timing when it was literally on a post recapping all of d2, and where I conclusively had not been around.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
@3puppies - this game is always either Cult or Unseen, never both no matter how large it is. And it's a fine balance between claiming info, and not. Depends on if you feel it will help make something more clear. Making info too easily obtainable for the scum does give them a better idea of who they may want to target.

@rock meets hard place - something that may not be known to you if you haven't looked over other games we've played, but CWE never lies. Ever. It's why Void put the rule in this game that we can't ask what his alignment is, nor can he state it. Although honestly in this game that's a bit awkward because we are allowed to claim our role, and in the case of CWE that would be as good as confirming his alignment anyway, soooo...

@Mazer - to me it sounds like CWE may be claiming benign neutral, since that's the first thing that comes to mind with him saying it's a complete waste of time for *everyone* to vote him, but you know his nuances better than I, how likely would it be for him to make such a statement in a cult style game? Do you think he would lean into the the thought "it's a waste of time to vote me, I'll just be replaced"?

@CWE - do you have no one you are suspicious of?
He hasn't usually taken the waste tact. I feel better about him after his reply. I don't immediately see the way his waste comment can be construed as being scum, and went the same place on neutral. But he's clever and if we saw a mechanic that made a kill on a different role non-impactful, it would be worth revisiting. But I'm deprioritizing for now.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
People I think should be eliminated today would include Jack, Morrison, Robo, Matt

Morri seems likely a husk with no response 3/4 through the day.
Jack can be removed at EoN if the bleed is true and nobody heals, so would be a wasted vote.
Matt, just vibes I dont like. (or by own bias) But doubt anyone would really get on board with that alone.
So like gonna go for our King thats doing less than most
Morri, who can be an absolute wrecking ball when he's engaged, can disappear for long stretches. It definitely happens.

Day 2 End

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Final Day 2 Vote Count:

Robo - 8 (JackSparrow #419, Nightingale #496, CWE #498 MTR #582, Blind Ninja #584, Xanjori #588, Matthieu #589, Mazer #590)

JackSparrow - 1 (Listo #321)
Listo - 1 (Rock #407)

Not Voting: FutureHold, Morrison, Robozerim, Satsu

—-------

The group had discussions throughout the day, but the people were becoming unseasy with their leader’s absence. Debates were had, arguments filed, and only minor threats given and the group came together to decide that enough was enough and they wanted new leadership. As Robozerim was giving an impassioned speech to all present, the group roughly grabbed him and put him into a makeshift guillotine. Without any time to defend himself, the group decided that Robozerim should have never been chosen and they would undo their mistake.

Robozerim let out a scream as the guillotine descended, but it was quickly cut off as his head fell into a nicely laid out breadbasket, ending Robozerim’s threat to the land.

Robozerim, playing as The Unseen King, has been eliminated and no logbook was found.

It is now Night 2. Night 2 will end at 8:00pm ET on July 31st or when all actions are submitted. Actions must be submitted by 7:00pm ET for them to be valid. If you do not plan to use an action, please let me know that you are holstering.

As an announcement to all, there will be slight changes in how a new King is voted on. Instead of it being an additional 24 hour phase, the beginning of Day 3 will be used for a new vote on King. All votes for the first 24 hours of Day 3, will be for voting on a new King. Once a King is crowned or 24 hours passes and no King will ever be crowned, the day will continue for the remaining time. All conversation is allowed, but votes will only count towards King until a King is crowned or 24 hours comes up first.

Last edited:
Day 3 Start

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
The group left the main hall, content with their choice for removal. The King would no longer have his grasp over everyone present. The Blue Dragon felt invigorated by this and went to their rooms with happiness in their hearts, hoping for a quiet evening. Unfortunately, for all present, tonight would be anything but quiet.

Nightingale was in her room, practicing her craft and making a really cute dragon with its tongue sticking out. She finally finished it, smiled, and climbed into bed. This was the last thing she did however, as the bed exploded minutes after she lay down, incinerating Nightingale and everything in the room.

Nightingale, playing as The Possessor, has been killed and a logbook was found.

Logbook:

Current sus list:
Rock
Jack
Mazer
-Robo- nailed it

—-------

Matthieu was brewing some potions, having recently learned Alchemy from one his friends, but wasn’t anywhere near the skill level to call this his job. He was focused on his work and didn’t hear anyone come into the room. Matthieu’s throat was quickly split and his attacker left while Matthieu bled out on the floor.

Matthieu, playing as The Physician, has been killed and a logbook was found.

Logbook:

Val - Assassin

—-------

Morrison was sleeping, as he had not bothered to show up during the previous day. He finally yawned and awoke, just to be immediately bludgeoned over the head with the claw of a hammer, over and over, until Morrison was barely able to be recognized.

Morrison, playing as The Sheriff, has been killed and no logbook was found.

—-------

JackSparrow was killing some mobs in Diablo 4. He was finally about to hit level 100 in hardcore mode. He was thrilled but this was short lived as he suddenly keeled over and died, a pool of blood, already formed and dried under JackSparrow’s bed.

JackSparrow, playing as The Scorned, has bled out and no logbook was found.

—-------

Living Players:
1. 3puppies
2. BlindNinja
3. CWE
4. FutureHold
5. Listo95
6. MTR
7. Mazer
8. Rock meets hard place
9. Satsu
10. Xanjori

For the first 24ish hours of Day 3, all votes cast will be for someone to take on the new mantle of King. Once a King is crowned, votes will reset and the remainder of the day can be used to vote someone out. If a King is not crowned (6 vote majority reached) by 8:00pm on August 1st, there will be no King for the remainder of the game.

It is now Day 3. Day 3 will end at 8:00pm ET on August 2nd or when majority is reached. With 10 players alive, majority is 6 votes on a single player. If majority is not reached by end of day, no elimination will occur.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Okay so that was a crazy night.

That is a lot to take in. And we need to vote in a new king

Top Bottom