Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 5 - Throne of Destiny

Day 1 Start

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Welcome to the game thread for the Throne of Destiny game. Please let me know if you have any questions and as always, good luck!

Initial Game Information:
  1. This is a cult style game. I repeat. This is a cult style game.
  2. There will be NO writeups this game. Certain actions will receive feedback (outside of investigation results), based on what happens during the night that can be saved in logbooks or shared in the thread. There may be some flavor for start/end of day, but it should not be used as game information
  3. Role-claiming, breadcrumbing, fake claiming, etc will be allowed. A list of all roles in the game will be made available to everyone. There is nothing hidden this game as all players will see all possible abilities. While claims are allowed, please do not abuse this as it can take away from the game as a whole.
As this game includes roles and rules that are different, I have made a few channels inside the game discord that will show all potential roles in the game. This does not mean every role is in the game, but they will be randomly decided based on the below formula.

Starting Role Breakdown - 16 player game

1 King
1 Prince
1+ Sheriff or Paladin
7-8 Additional Blue Dragon Members

2 Unseen or Cult Members
1 Neutral Killing
2-3 Other Neutrals

Day/Night Phases:

Day/Night will end at 8:00pm ET (GMT-5). Length of phases may be adjusted to compensate. End game phases may start/end earlier depending on game state.

Day phases will last 48 hours and will end early upon majority being reached. If majority is not reached by the end of the day, there will be no elimination.

If a King is eliminated or killed, a 24 hour Dawn phase will begin before the next day, where the players can vote upon a new King to take the throne, but beware of promoting a King who is not of Blue Dragon. If majority is not reached by the end of the 24 hour period, no King will be promoted and there will no longer be a King for the remainder of the game. When a new King is elected, Day will begin. Dawn phase will no longer occur once there are 5 players remaining and no new Kings can be elected.

Night Phase will last 24 hours and no talking will be allowed in thread during this time. You can use the general channel in Discord for non-game related chat during night. You have until 7:00pm ET (GMT-5) to submit your night actions each night.

Game Mechanics
  1. At the start of the game, one player will be announced as the King. The King will either start as a Good King, Unseen King, or Cult King. This King’s alignment will not be known and you will need to use your social deduction skills to determine if the King is on your side or not. The starting King has a 60% chance of being a Good King and a 40% chance of being an Evil King.
  2. There can only be the Unseen or Cult in this game. Not both. There can be no more than 3 of any class that is not unique. There must be at least one healer (Physician, Alchemist, or Chronomancer).
  3. If the King is removed by vote or killed, the town will come together and vote on a new King during a special Dawn phase. After that, the day will begin. If there are five or fewer players remaining, there will be no new elections for King.
  4. All players will be able to keep a logbook. This cannot exceed 50 words (I will be forgiving with formatting not counting towards words) and will be released to all players upon your death. This can contain information about your targets, role, things that happened, results, etc. Or it can be used to provide disinformation depending on how roles can obscure and manipulate flips, faking results, etc. Or you can just use it to shitpost/taunt on your death. You can submit one logbook each phase which will lock it in as the newest one. If a logbook is not submitted, none will be flipped or the most recent version submitted will be used.
  5. If you are occupied, redirected, or imprisoned a total of 3 times, you will become immune to all forms of occupation and redirection (except to The Prince). You will not be told when this happens and it will just work passively. If you are imprisoned three times by the Prince, you cannot be imprisoned again.
  6. Imprisonment will not remove a Cult/Unseen player from their chat, but will prevent them from speaking in that chat during that night.
  7. Framed results are Killer/Offensive to the Princess, Unseen to the Sheriff, Cult to the Paladin, and the Observer will see them visiting someone who died that night.
  8. If an attack is unhealable, it cannot be protected by typical heals/protects but can still be stopped by death immunity. Death immunity, in some cases, can be overridden by a player’s actions. Death Immunity does not prevent death from bleeds.
  9. The game will follow typical Mafia feedback. Only roles that need a notification of their action failing will be told.
  10. I recommend reading the roles as some roles are death immune (can be bypassed by other roles and actions), occupy (roleblock) immune, and redirect/conversion immune.
Feedback: This is how some results will return to give you an idea
  1. If your action is a kill, bleed, or returns results, and fails for most reasons, you will be told Action Failed.
  2. If you protect someone and the action fails resulting in their death, you will be told Action Failed. Only the Chronomancer will be told if they successfully prevent a death due to their role mechanics. If a player survives a kill attempt due to a heal, they will be told they survived but not who healed them.
  3. You will be told at the end of the phase if you are bleeding, unless hidden. Only the player who was bled will be told if their bleed is healed.
  4. If there is specific role feedback, it will be listed on your rolecard.
Rules:
  1. No discussing this game with any players outside of the game thread, unless you have a specialized Discord thread to do so.
  2. Please no angleshooting or OGI (out of game information), such as a player’s potential lurking or activity, or seeing they are active in another thread/discord but not Mafia. Focus on the game and what is happening in the game. Please do not ask CWE his alignment and CWE should not unequivocally state his alignment either. Y’all have been warned.
  3. There will be no night chat allowed in the thread. The general chat in Discord will be enabled to allow non-game chat during each night phase.
  4. All other typical Mafia rules are in play. All actions will follow Natural Action Resolution and unmodified actions of the same type will go first. Conflicting redirections may fail.
Living Players:

1. BlindNinja
2. CWE
3. FutureHold
4. Listo95
5. MTR
6. Mazer
7. Rock meets hard place
8. Satsu
9. Xanjori

Dead Players:

1. Val, playing as The Princess, has been killed and no logbook was found. (Night 1)
2. Robozerim, playing as The Unseen King, has been eliminated and no logbook was found. (Day 2)
3. Nightingale, playing as The Possessor, has been killed and a logbook was found. (Night 2)
4. Matthieu, playing as The Physician, has been killed and a logbook was found. (Night 2)
5. Morrison, playing as The Sheriff, has been killed and no logbook was found. (Night 2)
6. JackSparrow, playing as The Scorned, has bled out and no logbook was found. (Night 2)
7. 3puppies, playing as The Enforcer, has been eliminated and a logbook was found. (Day 3)

Day/Night Writeups:

Day 1 End:

Final Day 1 Vote Count:

Robozerim - 2 (Val #5, JackSparrow #266)
Morrison - 2 (Nightingale #172, Rock #183)
Sleep - 2 (Matthieu #189, Mazer #280)
Matthieu - 1 (Blind Ninja #7)
Val - 1 (Robozerim #8)
MTR - 1 (Future #17)
Mazer - 1 (CWE #40)
3puppies - 1 (Xanjori #45)
Xanjori - 1 (3puppies #237)
Future - 1 (MTR #246)

Not Voting: Listo, Morrison, Satsu

It is now Day 1. Day 1 will end at 8:00pm ET on July 27th or when majority is reached. With 16 players alive, majority is 9 votes on a single player. If majority is not reached by end of day, there will be no elimination.

—-------

The day began with accusations and discussion that petered off towards the end, with most present agreeing that no one was suspicious enough today. Instead, they looked around at each other warily, and bid each other adieu and went off to their rooms.

There has been no elimination.

It is now Night 1. Night 1 will end at 8:00pm ET on June 28th or when all actions are submitted. Actions must be submitted by 7:00pm ET for them to be valid. If you do not plan to use an action, please let me know that you are holstering.

Day 2 Start:

Everyone went to their rooms, intent on looking out for their own interests. There was evil at this gathering and it had to be rooted out. Some stayed in their rooms and hid and some left their rooms to further their own cause, whatever that may be.

Val was sleeping when he heard a noise. He got up to check the door, but it was locked. As he turned around, a single gunshot fired through the door, hitting Val in the back of the head. Val crumpled to the floor, blood pooling from the wound.

Val, playing as The Princess, has been killed and no logbook was found.

Everyone gathered together in the main room, noting the absence and making a small gesture towards their fallen.

—-------

Living Players:

1. Robozerim - King
2. 3puppies
3. BlindNinja
4. CWE
5. FutureHold
6. JackSparrow
7. Listo95
8. MTR
9. Matthieu
10. Mazer
11. Morrison
12. Nightingale
13. Rock meets hard place
14. Satsu
15. Xanjori

It is now Day 2. Day 2 will end at 8:00pm ET on July 30th or when majority is reached. With 15 players alive, majority is 8 votes on a single player. If majority is not reached by end of day, no elimination will occur.

Day 2 End:

Final Day 2 Vote Count:

Robo - 8 (JackSparrow #419, Nightingale #496, CWE #498 MTR #582, Blind Ninja #584, Xanjori #588, Matthieu #589, Mazer #590)

JackSparrow - 1 (Listo #321)
Listo - 1 (Rock #407)
Xanjori - 1 (3puppies #477)

Not Voting: FutureHold, Morrison, Robozerim, Satsu

It is now Day 2. Day 2 will end at 8:00pm ET on July 30th or when majority is reached. With 15 players alive, majority is 8 votes on a single player. If majority is not reached by end of day, there will be no elimination.

—-------

The group had discussions throughout the day, but the people were becoming unseasy with their leader’s absence. Debates were had, arguments filed, and only minor threats given and the group came together to decide that enough was enough and they wanted new leadership. As Robozerim was giving an impassioned speech to all present, the group roughly grabbed him and put him into a makeshift guillotine. Without any time to defend himself, the group decided that Robozerim should have never been chosen and they would undo their mistake.

Robozerim let out a scream as the guillotine descended, but it was quickly cut off as his head fell into a nicely laid out breadbasket, ending Robozerim’s threat to the land.

Robozerim, playing as The Unseen King, has been eliminated and no logbook was found.

It is now Night 2. Night 2 will end at 8:00pm ET on July 31st or when all actions are submitted. Actions must be submitted by 7:00pm ET for them to be valid. If you do not plan to use an action, please let me know that you are holstering.

As an announcement to all, there will be slight changes in how a new King is voted on. Instead of it being an additional 24 hour phase, the beginning of Day 3 will be used for a new vote on King. All votes for the first 24 hours of Day 3, will be for voting on a new King. Once a King is crowned or 24 hours passes and no King will ever be crowned, the day will continue for the remaining time. All conversation is allowed, but votes will only count towards King until a King is crowned or 24 hours comes up first

Day 3 Start:

The group left the main hall, content with their choice for removal. The King would no longer have his grasp over everyone present. The Blue Dragon felt invigorated by this and went to their rooms with happiness in their hearts, hoping for a quiet evening. Unfortunately, for all present, tonight would be anything but quiet.

Nightingale was in her room, practicing her craft and making a really cute dragon with its tongue sticking out. She finally finished it, smiled, and climbed into bed. This was the last thing she did however, as the bed exploded minutes after she lay down, incinerating Nightingale and everything in the room.

Nightingale, playing as The Possessor, has been killed and a logbook was found.

Logbook:

Current sus list:
Rock
Jack
Mazer
-Robo- nailed it

—-------

Matthieu was brewing some potions, having recently learned Alchemy from one his friends, but wasn’t anywhere near the skill level to call this his job. He was focused on his work and didn’t hear anyone come into the room. Matthieu’s throat was quickly split and his attacker left while Matthieu bled out on the floor.

Matthieu, playing as The Physician, has been killed and a logbook was found.

Logbook:

Val - Assassin

—-------

Morrison was sleeping, as he had not bothered to show up during the previous day. He finally yawned and awoke, just to be immediately bludgeoned over the head with the claw of a hammer, over and over, until Morrison was barely able to be recognized.

Morrison, playing as The Sheriff, has been killed and no logbook was found.

—-------

JackSparrow was killing some mobs in Diablo 4. He was finally about to hit level 100 in hardcore mode. He was thrilled but this was short lived as he suddenly keeled over and died, a pool of blood, already formed and dried under JackSparrow’s bed.

JackSparrow, playing as The Scorned, has bled out and no logbook was found.

—-------

Living Players:
1. 3puppies
2. BlindNinja
3. CWE
4. FutureHold
5. Listo95
6. MTR
7. Mazer
8. Rock meets hard place
9. Satsu
10. Xanjori

For the first 24ish hours of Day 3, all votes cast will be for someone to take on the new mantle of King. Once a King is crowned, votes will reset and the remainder of the day can be used to vote someone out. If a King is not crowned (6 vote majority reached) by 8:00pm on August 1st, there will be no King for the remainder of the game.

It is now Day 3. Day 3 will end at 8:00pm ET on August 2nd or when majority is reached. With 10 players alive, majority is 6 votes on a single player. If majority is not reached by end of day, no elimination will occur.

Day 3 End:

Final Day 3 Vote Count:

3puppies - 6 (Listo95 #714, Blind Ninja #715, Rock #719, MTR #735, Mazer #775, Xanjori #782)

Sleep - 1 (3puppies #758)

Not Voting: CWE, FutureHold, Satsu

It is now Day 3. Day 3 will end at 8:00pm ET on August 2nd or when majority is reached. With 10 players alive, majority is 6 votes on a single player. If majority is not reached by end of day, there will be no elimination.

—-------

The group came together to discuss who would be King now that the evil had been routed from the highest spot amongst them. However, no one really wanted to step up to that position and there didn’t seem to be someone that anyone wanted either. The group decided that they did not need a King to define them and decided to buck the trend and go Kingless.

As the day wound down, the group listened to everyone’s discussions and pleas and they ultimately decided that 3puppies was the most suspicious and they decided it was time to make him nopuppies. The group grabbed 3puppies and bound him, throwing him into a pen of feral pigs. As the group walked away, they knew nothing would be left of 3puppies.

3puppies, playing as The Enforcer, has been eliminated and a logbook was found.

Logbook:

Since the only action I have available tonight is to defend, and since I don't know enough about anyone to trust them, I'll defend Mazer. If he is attacked, it would likely be by scum, so trading my life to take out scum seems like a good deal for town.

It is now Night 3. Night 3 will end at 8:00pm ET on August 3rd or when all actions are submitted. Actions must be submitted by 7:00pm ET for them to be valid.

Current Phase:

It is now Night 3. Night 3 will end at 8:00pm ET on August 3rd or when all actions are submitted. Actions must be submitted by 7:00pm ET for them to be valid.

The starting King is Robozerim. All hail King Robozerim!!!

Last edited:

ForgottenHold

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
The passage of time is a silly thing, what might've been 2 months for you could've been 3 years for me, or vice versa. Everything could've changed or not at all, same for me. Maybe I have grown wise beyond my years, ready to make accurate accusations. Or I could just go after the House of MTR again.

Vote: MTR

Nightingale

Administrator
Pretty sure Val tried to overthrow the king immediately last time too, so I wouldn't take it personally Robo.
Vote: Listo

3puppies

Lost Wolf
Am I the only person who has never played this style before?

Is there a reason not to
Vote: Sleep

Nightingale

Administrator
Also - we should not even be considering yeeting Robo on D1 when we haven't yet gotten a chance to determine what kind of king he is, much less who should replace him if we did suspect he is evil.

Nightingale

Administrator
As for sleep, I don't think there's any particular reason it *can't* be done - the last game had a whole trial thing where the first half of the game day was picking who was on trial, and the second half was deciding if that person would be yeeted or not; and there were several times they were not yeeted, which is effectively sleeping - but while there will be info from roles potentially after a night phase, it's not necessarily going to be as cut and dry early game unless the paladin/sheriff gets lucky

3puppies

Lost Wolf
Just noticing there's a logbook. It will be hard for me to keep this under 50 words, as I am usually loquatious.

I am curious as to whether there are any general guidelines / hints that can be helpful to town as to what we should be including? I am hoping it will make sense as eliminations happen, but with no write-up, I dunno what to include. Will the role be flipped once someone is killed?

Nightingale

Administrator
Just noticing there's a logbook. It will be hard for me to keep this under 50 words, as I am usually loquatious.

I am curious as to whether there are any general guidelines / hints that can be helpful to town as to what we should be including? I am hoping it will make sense as eliminations happen, but with no write-up, I dunno what to include. Will the role be flipped once someone is killed?
Your actions and targets - so if you die people can look back and see what you did and how it may have impacted other people's stated actions.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
So my son takes advantage of me not being online when the game started to vote me. Very sus. Trying to make an impact or something after not being around all summer.

Matthieu

Scum Hunter

Let's at least give Robozerim some time to prove whether he's a benevolent monarch or not.

D1 being what it is I would prefer not to go after anyone at all unless we end up with a no show.

Listo95

Pretty sure Val tried to overthrow the king immediately last time too, so I wouldn't take it personally Robo.
Vote: Listo
Remove the person who knows most about this style of course :p
As for sleep, I don't think there's any particular reason it *can't* be done - the last game had a whole trial thing where the first half of the game day was picking who was on trial, and the second half was deciding if that person would be yeeted or not; and there were several times they were not yeeted, which is effectively sleeping - but while there will be info from roles potentially after a night phase, it's not necessarily going to be as cut and dry early game unless the paladin/sheriff gets lucky
There are multiple ways to get info honestly. Any investigative role. Drunk could tech help, same with Mystic, Observer, Princess, and Maid are the main info gathering roles besides Paladin/Sheriff.

rock meets hard place

Kitten Herder
Pronouns
he/him
Dunno about the new person, but I think the rest of us have played this at least once
if I am the new person then nope. I assume sleep is like no lynch? I think d1's are pretty important so limiting ourselves to end the day or not lynch if we wanted to seems shortsighted.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante

Let's at least give Robozerim some time to prove whether he's a benevolent monarch or not.

D1 being what it is I would prefer not to go after anyone at all unless we end up with a no show.
Your opening post just pings me...

Nightingale

Administrator
I'm not super happy with Listo's response to a single vote - one opening vote is hardly trying to remove him. That said, he is knowledgeable about this style of game which can be valuable... depending on his allegiance, and that should be considered.

Think I'll poke the bear with CWE now
Unvote:
Vote: Mazer

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Day 1 Vote Count:

Robozerim - 2 (Val #5, Rock #11)
Sleep - 2 (3puppies #19, Matthieu #32)
Mazer - 2 (CWE #40, Nightingale #41)
Val - 1 (Robozerim #8)
MTR - 1 (Future #17)

Not Voting: JackSparrow, Listo, MTR, Mazer, Morrison, Satsu, Xanjori

It is now Day 1. Day 1 will end at 8:00pm ET on July 27th or when majority is reached. With 16 players alive, majority is 9 votes on a single player. If majority is not reached by end of day, there will be no elimination.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Also - we should not even be considering yeeting Robo on D1 when we haven't yet gotten a chance to determine what kind of king he is, much less who should replace him if we did suspect he is evil.
Is it too early to call Foxxi/Robo w/w?

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
FTR I wont vote Foxxi today, Ive not played past day 1 with her in fucking ages.

Nightingale

Administrator
Foxxie reading me correctly :squint:
Well I started to yell at you about how stupid that is since no one except robo or void know if robo began as a good king or an evil king so even IF I were unseen/cult I couldn't possibly be trying to defend robo for being evil since I don't know any more than anyone else does right now and wanted to vote you for your really shitty logic... and then I realized that probably just means town coming from you =p

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Well I started to yell at you about how stupid that is since no one except robo or void know if robo began as a good king or an evil king so even IF I were unseen/cult I couldn't possibly be trying to defend robo for being evil since I don't know any more than anyone else does right now and wanted to vote you for your really shitty logic... and then I realized that probably just means town coming from you =p
Ill be honest I dont understand this set-up at all. When I woke up today I went to read the rolecard for the King to work out what he does.

Nightingale

Administrator
Ill be honest I dont understand this set-up at all. When I woke up today I went to read the rolecard for the King to work out what he does.
The king will begin as either good or evil (the neutral king and psycho king can only happen through election) it's random, and no one except him and Void know which he is. Investigative roles can't be used on the king either, so we have to decide to trust him or not depending on what he does.

Removing a king D1 is risky, even if you *had* an inkling he's an evil king - who would you trust to replace him right now other than yourself I assume? And there are some roles that you wouldn't want to accidentally promote to king - such as the prince; so picking a replacement practically blind early game is not ideal.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
The king will begin as either good or evil (the neutral king and psycho king can only happen through election) it's random, and no one except him and Void know which he is. Investigative roles can't be used on the king either, so we have to decide to trust him or not depending on what he does.

Removing a king D1 is risky, even if you *had* an inkling he's an evil king - who would you trust to replace him right now other than yourself I assume? And there are some roles that you wouldn't want to accidentally promote to king - such as the prince; so picking a replacement practically blind early game is not ideal.
If he is evil does he know who the cult/unseen members are?

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
And there are some roles that you wouldn't want to accidentally promote to king - such as the prince; so picking a replacement practically blind early game is not ideal.
Is this because we dont want to lose the Prince as a Prince or?

Nightingale

Administrator
Is this because we dont want to lose the Prince as a Prince or?
That. The prince has a unique and powerful ability to jail a player. The prince's jail will override other roles that normally cannot be occupied (roleblocked) and give info through that. He also has the ability to choose if the player he jails is killed or not, and the prince's execute can bypass things that would normally prevent someone from dying. He's far more valuable as the prince than as King.

3puppies

Lost Wolf
Vote: Unvote

I still have a lot to catch up on. But I noticed there is a neutral killer, and I remembered that in my very first game I led a train for sleep and was killed for it. So I don't want to lead the train.

I was all set to vote Listo as revenge for the last game. Then the response to Foxxi about having the most experience in this style made me cringe a bit.

Xanjori, I would vote for you as OMGUS. And you missed Foxxi's last game when she was town, survived a long while, finally got recruited to the winning scum team.

Mechanically, I was surprised to read that the king, if evil, does not know the others on his team. I find this hard enough to understand, and the fact that this game was written for mutliple scum factions, but with fewer players now it makes it harder to follow. We apparently aren't going to get writeups, and there are more roles than players, which just adds to the confusion. Would it be unfair to ask for a list of the actual roles that have been assigned, so we can eliminate the ones that don't apply?

Nightingale

Administrator

I still have a lot to catch up on. But I noticed there is a neutral killer, and I remembered that in my very first game I led a train for sleep and was killed for it. So I don't want to lead the train.

I was all set to vote Listo as revenge for the last game. Then the response to Foxxi about having the most experience in this style made me cringe a bit.

Xanjori, I would vote for you as OMGUS. And you missed Foxxi's last game when she was town, survived a long while, finally got recruited to the winning scum team.

Mechanically, I was surprised to read that the king, if evil, does not know the others on his team. I find this hard enough to understand, and the fact that this game was written for mutliple scum factions, but with fewer players now it makes it harder to follow. We apparently aren't going to get writeups, and there are more roles than players, which just adds to the confusion. Would it be unfair to ask for a list of the actual roles that have been assigned, so we can eliminate the ones that don't apply?
We don't get to know which roles are included- that's part of how this game runs. We know the things that *could* exist, but we have to use the info as we get it to figure out what *does* -- and also important to keep in mind and know for anyone not familiar with this: there can be duplicates of roles, except for the ones that are unique. Prince is unique, hunter is unique, there are soms more I can't recall off the top of my head too I'm sure

ForgottenHold

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him

This is a cult game so you can eliminate all of the unseen roles, and if most people did their logbooks unlike last game we can still gain info out of dead players, but no write ups is very tricky

Nightingale

Administrator
This is a cult game so you can eliminate all of the unseen roles, and if most people did their logbooks unlike last game we can still gain info out of dead players, but no write ups is very tricky
This is a cult game no matter what. Unseen can convert too.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Day 1 Vote Count:

Mazer - 3 (CWE #40, Nightingale #41, JackSparrow #46)
Robozerim - 2 (Val #5, Rock #11)
Val - 1 (Robozerim #8)
MTR - 1 (Future #17)
Sleep - 1 (Matthieu #32)
3puppies - 1 (Xanjori #45)

Not Voting: Listo, MTR, Mazer, Morrison, Satsu, 3puppies #61

Nightingale

Administrator
If this does happen to be an unseen game, I kinda wanna derp clear future from being the mastermind at least

Nightingale

Administrator
Well, he wouldn't be starting assassin either I suppose, but the assassin can be replaced if they die, sooo

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
And you missed Foxxi's last game when she was town, survived a long while, finally got recruited to the winning scum team.
Sure, but Ive not played past d1 with Foxxi in what actually feels like years at this point, so Im not voting her and will make life hell for anyone that does :D

Nightingale

Administrator
He doesnt need to be unseen to know there would be unseen.
My point / train of thought is that he saw this is a cult game and assumed that meant the actual Cult -- if he began as one of the unseen he would know it was still a cult game because of their mechanics and therefore wouldn't just assume they didn't exist. For that matter if this is an unseen game and he were unseen, I don't think he'd come in and be like "yeah just toss out all the unseen cards, those don't exist" either.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
Am I misremembering, isnt it just his standard opening?
You say you read it as town, Im just point that its something he has recently done as scum.

His new standard opening does seem to be vote sleep then interact in a minimal way. See how that pings me?

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
My point / train of thought is that he saw this is a cult game and assumed that meant the actual Cult -- if he began as one of the unseen he would know it was still a cult game because of their mechanics and therefore wouldn't just assume they didn't exist. For that matter if this is an unseen game and he were unseen, I don't think he'd come in and be like "yeah just toss out all the unseen cards, those don't exist" either.
think satsu's point was if he had a role that led him to unseen. Because IIRC there are some roles that only exist in cult games, others that are only in unseen games

Listo95

We don't get to know which roles are included- that's part of how this game runs. We know the things that *could* exist, but we have to use the info as we get it to figure out what *does* -- and also important to keep in mind and know for anyone not familiar with this: there can be duplicates of roles, except for the ones that are unique. Prince is unique, hunter is unique, there are soms more I can't recall off the top of my head too I'm sure
Mystic, Sellsword, Inq, Scorned, NKs, and Merc are the main other unique roles. You also have the converted form of Hunter/Mystic.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Pings me a little that Future said just throw out the Unseen roles. We don't know if we have cult or unseen yet. Could be just a simple misunderstanding but then again he played this game once already so he should know that. Not ready to vote him over it despite his vote on me. Just tucking away for now. In part because he could be the Paladin which is only in cult games.

Nightingale

Administrator
think satsu's point was if he had a role that led him to unseen. Because IIRC there are some roles that only exist in cult games, others that are only in unseen games
Future was saying this is a Cult game and to toss out all the Unseen roles -- so my point is that if this turns out to BE an unseen game it's unlikely future began as Unseen.

Listo95

Also on the king starting alignment, I don't know if void would follow the game's basic rules for it but it is a 65/35 for good/evil respectively.

Nightingale

Administrator
Pings me a little that Future said just throw out the Unseen roles. We don't know if we have cult or unseen yet. Could be just a simple misunderstanding but then again he played this game once already so he should know that. Not ready to vote him over it despite his vote on me. Just tucking away for now. In part because he could be the Paladin which is only in cult games.
I hate this post.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Also on the king starting alignment, I don't know if void would follow the game's basic rules for it but it is a 65/35 for good/evil respectively.
Forgot to put this in starting post. Starting King is rolled with a 60% chance to be good and 40% chance to be evil. Same way as last game.

Nightingale

Administrator
Why? I am seriously trying to figure out how to not come off scummy when I am town and hunting scum.
It's a combination of not liking the light sus on future while I'm actively saying I think that post could point to him as town since it seems like a strange thing for scum to say/do even if this is a Cult game, and if it's Unseen then it's even less likely he's part of that. And then pointing out *why* he might be assuming it's cult is just not a good town move. Not necessarily a scum move either, but I dislike it.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
It's a combination of not liking the light sus on future while I'm actively saying I think that post could point to him as town since it seems like a strange thing for scum to say/do even if this is a Cult game, and if it's Unseen then it's even less likely he's part of that. And then pointing out *why* he might be assuming it's cult is just not a good town move. Not necessarily a scum move either, but I dislike it.
That is fair. I can see that. I almost didn't add the last part of the end about how he could be town and knowing that we are dealing with the cult since someone else pointed out depending on his role he could know. I was playing a bit of catch up and basically throwing my thoughts out on paper out there to try to help things along.

JackSparrow

Lost Wolf
Happy One Piece GIF by Pudgy Penguins

Nightingale

Administrator
Nous avons donc au moins l'un des éléments suivants : méprisé, imbécile ou culte avec un apôtre.

Top Bottom