Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 5 - Throne of Destiny

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
Well shit...

Good news with Night being eliminated. There is the neutral killer.
With Jacks flip, I assume restricted Night and copied was doing it for additional trolling fun.

The bad... Morrison being AFK as cop didnt help us at all. But down another BD.
Good call by Matt to not save Jack. At least we get Val was killed by Assassin.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
Not sure what to make of Foxxi's legacy reads in the logbook.

Robo - Unseen king (dead)
Jack - Scorned (dead)
Rock -
Mazer -

Was she pointing at people that she thought were actually sus, or just people she was worried about for her role?

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
As far as new king... No idea who to vote for right now. Learning CWE based on his interactions and the convo between Mazer/Foxxi. Willing to listen to all options and secure a king.

Obviously we would want a BD king with a Neutral king as a decent 2nd choice. Unseen would be bad. Not sure we can get a psycho king anymore with the neutral killer dead. So thats at least in our favor.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
Also trying to unpack the 4th kill...

Foxxi - Didnt kill herself
Jack - Bled out
Matt - Writeup sounds like assassin
Morrison -

And damn, reading The Possessor rolecard... no idea what might be false on this writeup

rock meets hard place

Kitten Herder
Pronouns
he/him
Was going to suggest matt as king but obviously can't do that mow. I'd volunteer to be kind b/c I'm town. I kinda think MTR is town.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
I had confirmed info and you still think I'm evil. What role am I? You should be able to give a small list.
With cant be scum... if telling the truth, theres 1 BD immune to conversion and several neutral that have individual win conditions that dont involve BD/Unseen

rock meets hard place

Kitten Herder
Pronouns
he/him
I don't trust any of your "confirmed info" b/c you lied about Jack. Even if as you say the unseen didn't know that the king was unseen that doesn't mean you can't be unseen or the other 3rd party

Listo95

I don't trust any of your "confirmed info" b/c you lied about Jack. Even if as you say the unseen didn't know that the king was unseen that doesn't mean you can't be unseen or the other 3rd party
Oh shush. My info was 100% accurate but just because I didn't know Jack wouldn't die I'm evil.

Listo95

Also Blind, the reasoning you have isn't fully correct.

The only way to kill Foxxi who is death immune but not bleed immune is with either a Timesnatcher or Enforcer. This says their N1 recruit was a success, I also had something happen to me last night making it impossible for me to be 2 Unseen roles.

rock meets hard place

Kitten Herder
Pronouns
he/him
Besides myself, I low key think

2. 3puppies
3. BlindNinja
4. CWE
8. MTR
15. Xanjori

no great reasoning, just gut. Though CWE is the lowest of them b/c I think someone said he's more active as town.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
Also Blind, the reasoning you have isn't fully correct.

The only way to kill Foxxi who is death immune but not bleed immune is with either a Timesnatcher or Enforcer. This says their N1 recruit was a success, I also had something happen to me last night making it impossible for me to be 2 Unseen roles.
I said foxxi didnt kill herself...

I guess its possible for her to have gotten bled, but she would have said something.

When you said timesnatcher or enforcer, i looked, but cant see how a timesnatcher could kill... unless weird combo of bled d2/timesnatch combo? so basically a giant FU to a target. (finally saw that after reading that RC 4 times)

We also dont see anything happening to you, so we cant eliminate you from 2 unseen roles.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
We don't have to elect a king? I guess going no king and not risking electing an unseen would be a decent play.
We would really want a BD or Neutral king. Dont think Psycho king is possible since neutral killer is dead. Unseen king would suck since that team would know who it is and they could potentially recruit the next night.

No king is better then unseen king. And depending on the BD roles left, no king or neutral king might be better then an BD king.

ForgottenHold

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I mean the question is do we need a king? Seems that there is a lot of distrust and a new king wouldn't last as long either. It is interesting what we know so far. Personally I'm suspicious of Rock, but maybe Foxxi is throwing me off, was she trying to town side?

Listo95

I mean the question is do we need a king? Seems that there is a lot of distrust and a new king wouldn't last as long either. It is interesting what we know so far. Personally I'm suspicious of Rock, but maybe Foxxi is throwing me off, was she trying to town side?
Having a king is nice, if we can ensure they are BD or BD-leaning neutral. Otherwise game pretty much ends.

3puppies

Lost Wolf
I have been very very busy with my couponing/shopping addiction and haven't had much time to sift through so many questions that have popped into my mind going back to the last day phase. We eventually got power back wee hours Sunday morning, which meant I had to clean up / put away stuff from a huge mess after cooking on the outdoor grill, digging out our generator, getting all the extension cords put away, etc. This coupled with a few unexpected couponing deals kept me busy tonight as well (53 free "sharing size" m&m's will be a great treat for the folks in the shelters).

Anyway, back to my thoughts on the game. Our initial king was yeeted, and kudos to those who sniffed him out as scum. Vote history makes me feel better about everyone who voted for him.

Looking at the overnight results continues to make my head hurt. Do I understand it right that we are supposed to elect a new king today, and if we don't hit a majority within 24 hours, the leading vote becomes king? But some of you are talking about having no king? How does that work? I will have to re-read the rolecards a few more times to try to figure out.

The Pirate was telling the truth about bleeding. He wasn't healed so he bled out. He was one of the yellow neutrals.

Nightengale flipped as the orange neutral killer, so a threat to town. Not sure what to think of her sus list because she wasn't town herself, but am I right that she was alone? Initial write up said one orange.

Losing Morrison (Sheriff) and Matthieu (Physician) make it tough for us.

Am I right that we have two purple cult and two red unseen to find, plus 1-2 other yellow neutrals? Since robo flipped red as a threat to town, does that mean the game started with 3 red, 2 purple, 1 orange and 2 yellow?

Then I went and looked at what the King's role does. Unless there is some well played scum theater, if I were the king, I would probably put Rock and Listo on trial. We could probably learn something based on who would vote for each of these two.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Can "no king" just be voted on, or do we have to ratify a new form of government first?

Blind Ninja, what are your thoughts on Jack and morro now?

Cwe?

CWE

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I am so fucking lost. How did that happen? And no, I can't say what I mean by that. But WTF?!?

Listo95

Can "no king" just be voted on, or do we have to ratify a new form of government first?

Cwe?
We need a full majority for a king.
I have been very very busy with my couponing/shopping addiction and haven't had much time to sift through so many questions that have popped into my mind going back to the last day phase. We eventually got power back wee hours Sunday morning, which meant I had to clean up / put away stuff from a huge mess after cooking on the outdoor grill, digging out our generator, getting all the extension cords put away, etc. This coupled with a few unexpected couponing deals kept me busy tonight as well (53 free "sharing size" m&m's will be a great treat for the folks in the shelters).

Anyway, back to my thoughts on the game. Our initial king was yeeted, and kudos to those who sniffed him out as scum. Vote history makes me feel better about everyone who voted for him.

Looking at the overnight results continues to make my head hurt. Do I understand it right that we are supposed to elect a new king today, and if we don't hit a majority within 24 hours, the leading vote becomes king? But some of you are talking about having no king? How does that work? I will have to re-read the rolecards a few more times to try to figure out.

The Pirate was telling the truth about bleeding. He wasn't healed so he bled out. He was one of the yellow neutrals.

Nightengale flipped as the orange neutral killer, so a threat to town. Not sure what to think of her sus list because she wasn't town herself, but am I right that she was alone? Initial write up said one orange.

Losing Morrison (Sheriff) and Matthieu (Physician) make it tough for us.

Am I right that we have two purple cult and two red unseen to find, plus 1-2 other yellow neutrals? Since robo flipped red as a threat to town, does that mean the game started with 3 red, 2 purple, 1 orange and 2 yellow?

Then I went and looked at what the King's role does. Unless there is some well played scum theater, if I were the king, I would probably put Rock and Listo on trial. We could probably learn something based on who would vote for each of these two.
We started with 2 Unseen and an Unseen King. Again, Unseen don’t know if the king is good or evil and the king doesn’t know the unseen members. As of now we have 3 Unseen alive, 1-2 Neuts, rest BD. Best case scenario is 6 BD, worst is 5.

Listo95

Also you really don’t want me on trial. My role should be fairly obvious based on my info from yesterday.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
So what kinda info are we working with? Because right now we dont know if Unseen had an inkling that Robo was on their side so its hard to gauge info from the VC? Other than that Id like to look at slots like Satsu who was very quiet and didnt vote.

Listo95

So what kinda info are we working with? Because right now we dont know if Unseen had an inkling that Robo was on their side so its hard to gauge info from the VC? Other than that Id like to look at slots like Satsu who was very quiet and didnt vote.
Not a whole lot sadly. I can def see looking into Satsu. I obviously don’t trust Rock right now.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante

Cwe?
Jack flipping Yellow doesnt surprise me. Felt something was off with the restriction. Not saying its impossible, but usually a game at the minimum size doesnt get much in the way of repeated roles.

Morrison, had he not died, I would likely have pressured and voted (not for king) out today, unless he came in, was active, started sussing people out. Hard to no go after someone that had 2 posts in 2 days.

CWE... You know better then most. But the convo between you and foxxi, and based on his responses, I feel he is a neutral with a wincon not associated with main factions.

Reading the rules, King needs Majority. If Majority is not reached, no king will be elected.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante

This is and Unseen game. No cult. The op says 2 Unseen or Cult as part of the starting setup. Not all yellows are detriment to town. Some have own wincon, like survive til end of game, have more then X bridles. So finding all yellows isnt needed. Just ones that want to eliminate main factions.

Answered king question in another post

3puppies

Lost Wolf
We need a full majority for a king.

We started with 2 Unseen and an Unseen King. Again, Unseen don’t know if the king is good or evil and the king doesn’t know the unseen members. As of now we have 3 Unseen alive, 1-2 Neuts, rest BD. Best case scenario is 6 BD, worst is 5.

That makes more sense now. Not sure why I wasn't getting that it was an "either / or" between cult and unseen, not both.

And looking at this again, if we don't want a king, should we all just get a majority on

Vote: Sleep

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Sleep is not a valid vote for King. If you do not reach a majority, voting will be enabled at 8:00pm ET today.

You do not need to wait for me to announce anything, but can start your voting then and I'll count them.

Any votes before then will count towards King.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Okay. Trying to figure out pros and cons of king or no king. I am fine with no king. Not sure who I would vote for anyway.

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Biggest pro for not picking the king is to no longer need to consider if that was a good pick, what kind of king they are and what they are going to do.

3puppies

Lost Wolf
For those that have played this style before, and this has come up, is it more common to pick a new king, or to not have a king?

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah I have only one this one other time and we had the same king all the way through.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
This is going to sound like a derp but whatever. No matter what BD role I am if I become king I just become standard BD king and I adopt that role right?

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Also on Foxxis notes Id trust her as townsiding, it would make more sense for her to do so as a 3P and from memory she usually does.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
You know the problem with this setup is I wanna discuss mechanics, but then Listo is the only one that seems to understand whats going on and its him Im suspect of :D

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Ok so the assassin had to Lacerate Jack, the MM would have converted and Foxxi killed Val?

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Oh wait Lacerate was the Day 1 action. So its possibly an Assassin kill. But what did Foxxi do N1?

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Lacerate is a day action kill is night action both could be used. MM could have converted or not. there are roles that cant be converted. Val was killed by unseen assasin guaranteed. Foxxi had a kill but it is nowhere to be found.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
That'd be fucking hilarious if they did, but sounds a little too troll.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
My biggest issue with this game is I spend 80% of it in discord re-reading every role card.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Who kills Jack at night knowing he is bleeding? Why has this game just started off creating so many questions?

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Am I dumb or does Jack need to have been targeted by the Timesnatcher to have died last night?

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
its just like what did Matthieu do if he didnt heal Jack.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Hmm because he got bled D1, so at end of N2 he dies? that feels oddly worded but I guess it makes sense.

Listo95

All I know is that I survived, which I think means the person I protected was not targetted. But Jack says he's bleeding, which made me go look back at the roles.

A bleeding player will die after two nights if not healed.

Someone oughtta please heal our Pirate.
Found our likely N1 convert guys.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
I actually really think Foxxi's been facelifted to flip as Possessor

Top Bottom