Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 5 - Throne of Destiny

Listo95

Why does claiming that he's bleeding make us want to lynch him? Unless he IS the fool and wants to be healed. He could be some other scum that's trying to pretend to be the fool so we don't lynch but he's bleeding to death so eh...listo's vote is pretty bad
laugh out loud lol GIF by ZEE TV

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Who wants to lynch him? Hes got like 2 votes. Its more like should he bleed out or not.

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
Wasn't Listo the fool last time this game was run? I'd laugh if it were the same this time around.

Listo95

Wasn't Listo the fool last time this game was run? I'd laugh if it were the same this time around.
I would be yelling at Void in game and in Discord.

Oh also, From what I know, Jack won't die tonight even if the bleed is real.

rock meets hard place

Kitten Herder
Pronouns
he/him
I just really don't get it. He's dying. Do you think he's lying about that? You said no, I think. Even if you think he's scum that's going to die there are still 6 other scum...why not go after them?

but also says this isn't really your scum meta so eh

Listo95

I just really don't get it. He's dying. Do you think he's lying about that? You said no, I think. Even if you think he's scum that's going to die there are still 6 other scum...why not go after them?

but also says this isn't really your scum meta so eh
Because. Based on the info I have, I find it unlikely for him to be Unseen/Cult. Unlikely town based on his behavior. That leaves neutrals.

Listo95

Also not 6 other scum. Unseen/Cult have a max of 3 today + NK. And 2-3 neuts depending on BD numbers.

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Do you think he is involved in nightingale restriction or he decided to fake it on a fly?

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Trying to catch up a bit here. So Jack faked restriction and is bleeding or so he says. If he is bleeding it wasn't due to the hunter which means it was scum related making Jack blue dragon or neutral.

Hmm.....

So not a lot of people checking in just yet including me so hard to say which way I want to go at this point but yeah we definitely need to push towards a yeet unlike d1.

So I will throw a vote out there and go along with Foxxi but more than willing to change around and pressure other people or whatever as more people come around.

Vote: Morrison

Nightingale

Administrator
Unvote: Morri
I'm starting to think either he or mazer have been reaped.

@Robozerim - come convince us why we shouldn't dethrone you.

@Listo95 - you believe Jack to be a neutral. I see no reason currently to disbelieve this, but how convinced are you that he is a neutral we should be concerned about?

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
I don't care for the push on Jack. I mean he could be neutral but is he a neutral to be worried about. I mean if he is bleeding let him bleed if we think he is a threat. Don't think we need to vote him

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Day 2 Vote Count:

JackSparrow - 1 (Listo #321)
Listo - 1 (Rock #407)
Robo - 1 (JackSparrow #419)
Morrison - 1 (MTR #429)

Not Voting: 3puppies, BlindNinja, CWE, FutureHold, Matthieu, Mazer, Morrison, Robozerim, Satsu, Xanjori, Nightingale #429

It is now Day 2. Day 2 will end at 8:00pm ET on July 30th or when majority is reached. With 15 players alive, majority is 8 votes on a single player. If majority is not reached by end of day, there will be no elimination.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
This is where I am honestly. Just let the bleed do its thing, and if he doesn't die to it because he's faking, or someone decides to heal him then we can worry about that then. And in the meantime
@morrison @Mazer are you still alive?
Barely. Been working non-stop, somewhat unexpectedly. Hopefully resolves soon, or at least by Monday. I'm not appealing, just stating the fact that people should know that me barely appearing would pretty much always be because of non-game factors. I'm trying to read since Friday now.

JackSparrow

Lost Wolf
Im not a threat i have no evil agenda ugh im tired of being on the defense why am i always defending im bleeding to death and thats real

JackSparrow

Lost Wolf
Barely. Been working non-stop, somewhat unexpectedly. Hopefully resolves soon, or at least by Monday. I'm not appealing, just stating the fact that people should know that me barely appearing would pretty much always be because of non-game factors. I'm trying to read since Friday now.
I feel the same way super understaffed right now idk if we will ever stop being like this summer is usually our slow time but not now

Nightingale

Administrator
We need to come to some form of consensus soon if we're going to have any hope to reach majority. I still dislike morri's D1 - but I am hesitant to want to eliminate someone who may turn out to have been reaped.

I am not pleased with Robo's participation thus far, he hasn't bothered to give any thoughts or opinions on anyone - and his one comment today that he protected Jack last night at random does not sit well with me. Even in the early stages of the game I would expect some effort to pick a person he felt was town-ish for that rather than a dice roll. Although... the other side of that is I don't know why he wouldn't just lie and say he'd picked someone who would be accepted as a good protect target, or made up a reason for someone or whatever. I'm leaning distrust at this point though.

Listo I tentatively trust, I've seen him do some ballsy plays as scum, but not usually early game like this, so I believe whatever info he has on Jack is accurate - but if Jack is bleeding he's probably going go die anyway.

I want to try shaking something that's being ignored, CWE is usually more involved when he's town.
Vote: CWE
@Mazer - can you tell me what you think of CWE?

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
We get it... you're bleeding and you want healing.

Aside from your begging and defending yourself today, any opinions on who you trust/distrust?

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
I agree that CWE can be more active as town but not sure if that is the way to go yet but willing to keep an eye out.

I do agree that we need to start to come to a consensus soon if we are going to do a yeet.

If we don't go Morrison or CWE what about the king who is being pretty quiet.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Here are my thoughts I jotted down as I was reading through:

Weird for Rock meets Jeff Hardy to immediately want to sleep. Deserved to be called out, which Foxxi immediately does. Doesn’t feel like a scum strategy, unless it’s scum tactic 5. Eyes open.

Jack claims bleed. Interesting. Which role would do that. Anyone who read the role cards want to help me here?

3puppies immediately claims a protective action…..

Rock going for the easy inactives.

-Does anyone have history with Rock? Overall new player or just new to the forum?

I don’t have a good read yet, but BN is a prodder. His questions are not inappropriate.

Listo/satsu on cults-color me intrigued

Nightingale-Your side eye on listo not bringing up the possibilities on jack? Not asking you to go overboard, but is your read potentially based on him having an agenda with it? After reading about why it might be fake, Jack is intriguing to me after yesterday’s restriction and votes. I’d like to self-check because my memory is more scattered then typical on the game.

The points Rock, Satsu, and foxxi make on the eventualities are key. Any danger on any of these things if he’s trying to induce a heal target?

Mtr just kind of wandering in with a safe vote. Several inactives, knows Morrison less likely to come in guns blazing. But also might be indicative of the forcing tendency.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
We need to come to some form of consensus soon if we're going to have any hope to reach majority. I still dislike morri's D1 - but I am hesitant to want to eliminate someone who may turn out to have been reaped.

I am not pleased with Robo's participation thus far, he hasn't bothered to give any thoughts or opinions on anyone - and his one comment today that he protected Jack last night at random does not sit well with me. Even in the early stages of the game I would expect some effort to pick a person he felt was town-ish for that rather than a dice roll. Although... the other side of that is I don't know why he wouldn't just lie and say he'd picked someone who would be accepted as a good protect target, or made up a reason for someone or whatever. I'm leaning distrust at this point though.

Listo I tentatively trust, I've seen him do some ballsy plays as scum, but not usually early game like this, so I believe whatever info he has on Jack is accurate - but if Jack is bleeding he's probably going go die anyway.

I want to try shaking something that's being ignored, CWE is usually more involved when he's town.
He's not been as active prodding. His lower inactivity is most commonly typical of two things:

He genuinely doesn't know where to go. In those situations, he defaults to me or Psych. Unless he has a really, really good reason to not think it's one of us.
or
he's scum.

CWE sometimes is more when he's town. He's always more quiet as scum.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante

Feel the same way about our King. Very limited effort into the game. Hard to tell if he's good or bad. Leaning towards potential bad king based on the low effort.

Morrison has been MIA all game. 2 posts d1 and no check in today. Potential reap target. Had mazer in the same boat til he posted. Do we have anyone else that hasnt checked in today?

Of the low input people, why did you pick CWE over others? This feels very on brand for CWE to me.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker

What was your read on Morri d1?

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
One cult and one unseen role can do a bleed that Jack would have been informed at the start of night. One blue dragon can do a bleed but can't do it until the start of day 2

JackSparrow

Lost Wolf
We get it... you're bleeding and you want healing.

Aside from your begging and defending yourself today, any opinions on who you trust/distrust?
Robo mtr and future are underwelming mazer spoke so not a husk morri probably husk ive enjoyed listo until he decided to push me foxxi has been decent your doin decent yourself

Nightingale

Administrator
Mazer - I didn't like the fact that I pinged Morri D1 to come participate, and he was here almost immediately, but only with a token couple of posts: one asking for people to give him the rundown of what happened and then a joke question at MTR - only to then vanish and not return. Currently though I am suspicious he may be dead since he still hasn't said anything despite being pinged.
As for Listo, he is the most familiar with this setup of all of us, and the way Jack was behaving D1 made me suspicious he might be a fool (jester type role) - so when Listo came in and started pushing at him initially without seeming to even acknowledge that as a possibility, it made me concerned that he was trying to get a fool yeet; which would be very bad for us. I no longer think listo has malicious intentions here, but if Jack is truly bleeding he will likely die anyway so I'm not fully sure why listo is so focused here.

BN - I picked CWE because he's someone I currently have almost no opinion of; and while he is generally quiet, he tends to be even *more* quiet when he is scum... and he's been nearly silent. So I want to poke and see what people say/do.

Nightingale

Administrator
I am not opposed to giving our king the boot today - I have pinged him at least twice I think (between last day phase and today) asking him to give input, and he hasn't responded to any of my questions.

MTR I don't feel one way or the other about yet, future I had a solid town read on D1, but given the nature of this type of game and his lack of participation today I'm less sure of that now.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
I am fine with going after the king.

I joke that Future is scum but I am honestly on fence.

rock meets hard place

Kitten Herder
Pronouns
he/him
Rock going for the easy inactives.
Why not call me out yesterday? Why are you and BN focusing on me going after inactive but not nightengale? Are you guys just scum that thinks I'll be an easier lynch than her? What is your read on Morrison?

rock meets hard place

Kitten Herder
Pronouns
he/him
I feel like Nightengale and I were on the same page yesterday but today we couldn't be more different. I am at a slight disadvantage as I don't know people normal play but there's no evidence to suggest that Morrison has been silenced today and I think Future is kinda scummy. Its like he's posting but he's just there...it seems very active lurk.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
BN - I picked CWE because he's someone I currently have almost no opinion of; and while he is generally quiet, he tends to be even *more* quiet when he is scum... and he's been nearly silent. So I want to poke and see what people say/do.
Fair take on CWE. With Mazers post of quiet based on game type or quiet based on scum, do you lean more one way or the other? Or is this more a poke to see what shakes out to get a read?

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
Why not call me out yesterday? Why are you and BN focusing on me going after inactive but not nightengale? Are you guys just scum that thinks I'll be an easier lynch than her? What is your read on Morrison?
Im not focusing on you. I asked you questions. Ive also asked Night some questions.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
I feel like Nightengale and I were on the same page yesterday but today we couldn't be more different. I am at a slight disadvantage as I don't know people normal play but there's no evidence to suggest that Morrison has been silenced today and I think Future is kinda scummy. Its like he's posting but he's just there...it seems very active lurk.
To be fair there is not a lot of evidence of anything at this point.

Future can come off scummy which is why I am on the fence because it doesn't mean he is actually scum.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
We are all at a disadvantage when it comes to you. None of us know or have played with you. You could have look at other games here to see peoples tendencies.

Nightingale

Administrator
If you're confused about the morri bit - there's a potential 3p killer called a reaper; when they kill they leave a husk behind - basically the player they kill is dead - can't talk, can't vote, can't use any abilities- but isn't actually removed from the game until the end of the next night and can still be voted *on*. So the fact Morri hasn't said anything at all yet today makes me think that may be what has happened.

Nightingale

Administrator
Fair take on CWE. With Mazers post of quiet based on game type or quiet based on scum, do you lean more one way or the other? Or is this more a poke to see what shakes out to get a read?
I'm concerned about his activity level could be a potential tell, but I'm poking to see if I can get any better info.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
You say no evidence that Morrison has been silenced, but we wouldnt get told if he was.

At this point there are multiple options.
1. He is just MIA.
2. Was reaped and is a husk (will know next phase)
3. He was silenced. (Lasts 24hrs)

We wont know unless he shows up and says something, or we move to the next phase and he is dead.

Nightingale

Administrator
I haven't really considered the silence abilities because.... why? Why would someone bother to silence morri when he has hardly been a chatterbox or said anything even remotely controversial. Unless you wanna tinfoil that MTR is cult/unseen/reaper and got spooked by the hail hydra joke... but eh.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
I haven't really considered the silence abilities because.... why? Why would someone bother to silence morri when he has hardly been a chatterbox or said anything even remotely controversial. Unless you wanna tinfoil that MTR is cult/unseen/reaper and got spooked by the hail hydra joke... but eh.
I doubt the silence, but it could explain his absences. I feel it is more likely a reap or straight up MIA situation.

rock meets hard place

Kitten Herder
Pronouns
he/him
FTR, when I suggested silence I wasn't referring to a specific role and just his general lack of thread presence. I think the husk thing is a bit out there and there are better explanations.

3puppies

Lost Wolf
I have been tied up most of the day doing my couponing, I return home for chores around the house, and get ready to catch up only for us to lose power. So I read on my phone and I am thoroughly confused.

Can someone please explain succinctly the differences between a cult game and and unseen game? If I understand this properly, the great and powerful VoidKitten set this game up to be both, but because we didn't get enough players, it was scaled back, and now its one or the other? But all the possible roles were left, so its not just an elimination process.

I can't scroll back easily on my phone, and with no power I can't get on the computer to read back, but there's a couple of you that don't make me feel great. I understand some of that is intentional as early on, nobody wants to make themselves a target. I fear I have done that to myself, as I don't see anyone else coming out and sharing info about their actions. I thought that was what we were supposed to do in order to try to identify scum.

I never considered the possibility that the Pirate was untruthful about bleeding. After glancing at the rolecards and seeing bleeding, it seemed clear to me that he was not an evil pirate - and was sharing the info he had that he needed a doctor. That's certainly what I would have done - and what most of us would do.

I was curious about CWE, but I am still wary about pretty much everybody. Not knowing what else happened makes this tough.

As for Morrison, I have noticed that when he's scum he tends to hide back, then he will eventually come in with a long post. But he's also done this as town. I distrust but I won't place my vote here yet.

Rock Meets Hard Place coming in very early to suggest we won't get a yeet today really bugged me. I don't feel strongly about it, though.

Foxxi appears to be her town/solvy style, and I would like that to continue. But she's a really good player and I am not the only one who has been fooled in the past.

Mazer's post made me feel better about him, especially after the long absence.

Ninja makes me really nervous, but I think that poking style does help get results / reactions from players.

If MTR was scum, I don't see why Future is alive now. I was actually kind of surprised Future survived anyway, as scum should have known killing him would put a target on MTR. I thought Future would be mowing MTR's lawn by now.

Tomorrow is a big couponing day - presuming we actually get power back. I doubt I will be able to post, so for now I will

Vote: Xanjori

Still feel sore about his stance on me yesterday - and why he felt that his "random" vote deserved more attention than 6 or 7 other trains in progress. Arrogance does not mesh well with town goals.

I am willing to change my vote if someone can convince me (and if I get a chance to check in)

rock meets hard place

Kitten Herder
Pronouns
he/him
Rock Meets Hard Place coming in very early to suggest we won't get a yeet today really bugged me.
not really sure why this bothered anyone. There are less than 24 hours and we can't even get a wagon on the pseudo guilty. There could certainly be an uptick in activity and we put together a lynch by the end of the day but I still feel like there hasn't been that much accomplished today, idk. So far my semi prediction seems to be coming true.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
not really sure why this bothered anyone. There are less than 24 hours and we can't even get a wagon on the pseudo guilty. There could certainly be an uptick in activity and we put together a lynch by the end of the day but I still feel like there hasn't been that much accomplished today, idk. So far my semi prediction seems to be coming true.
This is not uncommon for our grp to be spread all over, only to consolidate, then possible even pivot, in the final 2-4hrs.

And who do we have a pseudo guilty on? Nobody has really come forth with straight info.

rock meets hard place

Kitten Herder
Pronouns
he/him
Because. Based on the info I have, I find it unlikely for him to be Unseen/Cult. Unlikely town based on his behavior. That leaves neutrals.
I didn't much like listo muchd1 as all he did was mechanics talk. I think listo could be cult/unseen here but if he's to be believed then he has info that points to Jack being scum.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Wait, this one was at me.

Back to my earlier answer

The same reason I didn't say anything to anyone. I wasn't here.

What would be the advantage of waiting? You either made an easy out or you didn't. Which was it?

rock meets hard place

Kitten Herder
Pronouns
he/him
Wait, this one was at me.

Back to my earlier answer

The same reason I didn't say anything to anyone. I wasn't here.

What would be the advantage of waiting? You either made an easy out or you didn't. Which was it?
I'm a little confused. You said I was going for easy inactives. I asked you why you didn't call me out and you said it was because you were not here. Maybe not at the beginning of d2 but you were very much around d1 when I was pushing Morrison. So why not call me out then? What's the difference between me going after you, satsu, and Morrison and Nightengale going after Morrison and CWE? I don't at all understand the last series of questions. I found all 3 of you scummy and I said as much

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Day 2 Vote Count:

JackSparrow - 1 (Listo #321)
Listo - 1 (Rock #407)
Robo - 1 (JackSparrow #419)
Morrison - 1 (MTR #428)
CWE - 1 (Nightingale #439)
Xanjori - 1 (3puppies #477)

Not Voting: BlindNinja, CWE, FutureHold, Matthieu, Mazer, Morrison, Robozerim, Satsu, Xanjori,

It is now Day 2. Day 2 will end at 8:00pm ET on July 30th or when majority is reached. With 15 players alive, majority is 8 votes on a single player. If majority is not reached by end of day, there will be no elimination.

rock meets hard place

Kitten Herder
Pronouns
he/him
as I don't see anyone else coming out and sharing info about their actions. I thought that was what we were supposed to do in order to try to identify scum.
there's not really a right or a wrong way to play mafia. There's nothing wrong with sitting back and letting night actions do the work although I think that's mostly unreliable. I'm sure that in the history of mafia, there have been games solved by na's alone. Day play also impacts night action choice unless every action is purely random. If someone were to make a venn diagram there'd be an overlap between good town pr play and good scum play.

Nightingale

Administrator
@3puppies - this game is always either Cult or Unseen, never both no matter how large it is. And it's a fine balance between claiming info, and not. Depends on if you feel it will help make something more clear. Making info too easily obtainable for the scum does give them a better idea of who they may want to target.

@rock meets hard place - something that may not be known to you if you haven't looked over other games we've played, but CWE never lies. Ever. It's why Void put the rule in this game that we can't ask what his alignment is, nor can he state it. Although honestly in this game that's a bit awkward because we are allowed to claim our role, and in the case of CWE that would be as good as confirming his alignment anyway, soooo...

@Mazer - to me it sounds like CWE may be claiming benign neutral, since that's the first thing that comes to mind with him saying it's a complete waste of time for *everyone* to vote him, but you know his nuances better than I, how likely would it be for him to make such a statement in a cult style game? Do you think he would lean into the the thought "it's a waste of time to vote me, I'll just be replaced"?

@CWE - do you have no one you are suspicious of?

Nightingale

Administrator
@Blind Ninja @CWE @FutureHold @Matthieu @Mazer @morrison @Robozerim @Satsu @Xanjori

None of you even have votes out, and we are running out of time. Gun to head, who are you voting today? Who do you not want to vote today?

I'm personally inclined to vote the king, his lack of interaction despite my efforts isn't a good look.

I don't want to see listo, rock, pups or MTR yeeted.

Unless someone has some reason we should keep our current monarch..
Unvote: CWE
Vote: Robozerim

Top Bottom