Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 6 - Heart of the Cards

Cape90

Vanilla Townie
Pronouns
he/him
Give me the way too early to tell read on the house of MTR. Because with what, 6 of you, more then likely 2 have pulled scum. Id be game to go down this route today.
ngl i have no idea what ur saying

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
yeah, you are scum again prob. You are doing that same thing where you clearly aren't reading my posts.

I did think that it was to add to the vote making us all effectively double voters but the vc makes me think not so I think that I'm going with 3pups idea that it's for a prize. You can't move the 3's vote once you use it and I don't think it was very pro-town to just randomly throw it out there until we had a chance to discuss it.
whaaaaaa.... he's not reading my posts.... whaaaaa

I mean, you could reply to me with concerns. And Im reading your posts. I disagree with you. Im gauging you based on your responses to it. And you think I would repeat the same act 2 games in a row as the same alignment? Bold dont ya think? But not, not scum this game.

Dont worry, I know im going to be an early target based on last game.

Again, prot/anti town, we dont know. We dont know what the number vote is. Could be a prize (short term immunity, bpv, kill, etc), could be a random effect for the game, could be a random lynch. 1st person that voted showed it was a separate vote count. That gave information to the game. How is giving info to the game anti-town? While the inability to move said vote sucks, I dont see early votes on it as scummy.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
If I understand correctly its 6 people living in the same house that are all playing? BN suggests that statistically there should be 2 scum in those 6.

I think BN's rolled scum tho and is talking out of his ass.

Cape90

Vanilla Townie
Pronouns
he/him
How is it throwing it away when: A) we don't know what it does and B) we don't know what the numbers represent?

Yes, logical assumption is it's for a player but is it like 5th to sign up? 5th on the player list?
This opening gave me whiplash

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
I mean we can try implement some rules/guidelines when it comes to using the numbered vote like we did in the anonymous game, like only one vote per number or something.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
There are 6 people, that we've called the house of MTR, playing this game. MTR, Tildey, Diva, Future, Llettuce and Kareem. I asked MTR for a way too early opinion on who is town/scum. Since it is highly unlikely that all of them randed town. That was it.

Cape90

Vanilla Townie
Pronouns
he/him
If I understand correctly its 6 people living in the same house that are all playing? BN suggests that statistically there should be 2 scum in those 6.

That read sounds like complete filler anyways.

You could say that for any group of 6 people

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Anyway Imma sleep, are we going to cruise into a sleep vote again day 1 or is there an actual risk we decide to throw someone off a cliff? If so Cats always land on their feet amirite Claws?

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
That read sounds like complete filler anyways.

You could say that for any group of 6 people
Yeah p.much. We could just take the first 6names to sign up and decide to scum hunt 2 scum in that group of 6.

rock meets hard place

Kitten Herder
Pronouns
he/him
Well, it's true that you aren't reading my posts .I'm not a big fan of your "I wouldn't do that 2 games in a row" when no one called you on it last game.

if you think it sucks that llettuce can't change the number vote why do you think her actions are pro-town?

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Listo arrived here like they have been here this whole time. It just seems like such a non opener
I wont lie, some players love a bit of lurking before they post. You'll find this place far less spewy than MU.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
if you think it sucks that llettuce can't change the number vote why do you think her actions are pro-town?
Id argue though there is a difference between thoughtless and anti-town. Especially when the vote isnt made in private dont you think scum would take a bit longer to cast their vote as theyd wanna talk it out and I doubt all have posted yet.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
Well, it's true that you aren't reading my posts .I'm not a big fan of your "I wouldn't do that 2 games in a row" when no one called you on it last game.

Again, if im not reading your posts, how do I know this is targetted at me if not a quoting me...

Llettuce's vote for 5 is NAI. We dont have information to determine if it is pro-ton or anti-town. If you've actually read my posts, you would have seen that at least once by now.

And you didnt call my actions scummy last game? I think you are calling me scummy because I dont feel llettuce's vote is terrible. Since again, we dont know what the number vote is for.

And shit, if you think Im scum and scummy based on our interactions, fucking vote me. Not some lame ass excuse of thinking the 5 vote based on someones feeling, was bad and anti-town.

rock meets hard place

Kitten Herder
Pronouns
he/him
I mean, I agree that it could very well be thoughtlessness but I could see scum throwing out a vote and then going "opps my bad, sorry I can't change it!"

Cape90

Vanilla Townie
Pronouns
he/him
Vote: GrumpyCat

Down for this Claws, and Blind Ninja

But is it alignment indicative really? Would scum be more inclined to waste a vote?

With Grumpy I found the wording of this message sus.

With Claws they posted a lot of NAI things and then did some whatever mech talk that felt meh.

With Blind Ninja, they feel strange. I didnt like that one comment they had to where they said they are an easy target

Again, if im not reading your posts, how do I know this is targetted at me if not a quoting me...

Llettuce's vote for 5 is NAI. We dont have information to determine if it is pro-ton or anti-town. If you've actually read my posts, you would have seen that at least once by now.

And you didnt call my actions scummy last game? I think you are calling me scummy because I dont feel llettuce's vote is terrible. Since again, we dont know what the number vote is for.

And shit, if you think Im scum and scummy based on our interactions, fucking vote me. Not some lame ass excuse of thinking the 5 vote based on someones feeling, was bad and anti-town.

I kinda townread the last line here. Like they feel really "on edge" right now and that could go either way, like I have seen a lot of scummy town do that, but at the same time I do find it scummy.

I think rock and a hard place and Xanjori have been the towniest people so far in the game.

Cool lore writeup.

I'm guessing Team Rocket (yellow) are a survivor duo or trio. Could be a serial killer duo/trio or a second mafia, but I haven't seen any red scum Pokemon creatures or characters in the OP, so my presumption right now is that there are no scum Pokemon characters/creatures. So Pokemon = non scum?

The only Digimon and MTG creatures named thus far appear to be scum.

Yugi-oh characters and creatures seem to be able to be either town or scum.

Vote: 3puppies

Lynch the no-lynchers!

Vote: 10

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Rocks vote on Llettuce for voting 5 is weak at best. None of us have any inclination of what that 2nd vote is. Sure it can be seen as anti-town, IF the result is something negative to town. Would Rock see this vote as pro-town if the result of the number vote gives town something good?
I think llettuce's vote is just NAI cause presumably none of us know what voting numbers does. Rocks voting llettuce for that is sort of overjustified imo, maybe a bit scummy.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
yeah, you are scum again prob. You are doing that same thing where you clearly aren't reading my posts.

I did think that it was to add to the vote making us all effectively double voters but the vc makes me think not so I think that I'm going with 3pups idea that it's for a prize. You can't move the 3's vote once you use it and I don't think it was very pro-town to just randomly throw it out there until we had a chance to discuss it.
Yeah but wouldn't scum chat have discussed it amongst themselves first, before throwing out a random vote? They have a chat, and town doesn't. Seems to me like scum would be slightly less inclined to just vote a random number without any discussion since the vote gets locked.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her

Is that what BN does as scum? I didn't take his comment about the house of MTR seriously...

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
I mean we can try implement some rules/guidelines when it comes to using the numbered vote like we did in the anonymous game, like only one vote per number or something.
On the one hand, I would think scum would try to control the votes with a rule like that. On the other hand, they probably don't know what the votes do, either? Idk, has this been a mechanic in a VK game before?

morrison

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
if the votes just useless and its clearly ok to just randomly throw it out there then why is no one else doing it?
somebody had to be the first to do it, and now that you've turned it into a fucking THING, it's no surprise nobody else is clamoring to put their votes down.

any discussion that would have happened would have been speculation anyway, as there was no indication void would be dropping further details on the second vote. and if any scum has any idea of what the vote is for, they could just as easily influence the vote during any discussion as they could before it.

if you're choosing to interpret it as leaning anti-town, it can be backed up, but the act itself was truly NAI.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her

With Claws they posted a lot of NAI things and then did some whatever mech talk that felt meh.

With Blind Ninja, they feel strange. I didnt like that one comment they had to where they said they are an easy target

I kinda townread the last line here. Like they feel really "on edge" right now and that could go either way, like I have seen a lot of scummy town do that, but at the same time I do find it scummy.

I think rock and a hard place and Xanjori have been the towniest people so far in the game.
I'm not quite on the same page about BN and rock but I'm softening up a little on rock now that I've read more.
I agree with you on Grumpy, I think.

GrumpyCat

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah but wouldn't scum chat have discussed it amongst themselves first, before throwing out a random vote? They have a chat, and town doesn't. Seems to me like scum would be slightly less inclined to just vote a random number without any discussion since the vote gets locked.
I am afraid you overrate how much scum cooperate and discuss things around here. Usually.

rock meets hard place

Kitten Herder
Pronouns
he/him
possibly. I mean yeah, we don't know what it does but I just don't feel like locking your vote in your first post was the best way to use it. Maybe its "NAI" but it wasn't helpful to town to use it before we discussed how we would use it. I'm partial to 3pups idea that it is some kind of prize, if so, it's possible that we'd need said vote to put someone else over but she voted a slot that hadn't even posted yet.
Vote: Matthieu

I don't like his sleep vote.
I agree but I don't think that means anything for him

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
What's up peeps? Nice to see Windward again. Been a while. Also nice to see someone new in Cape. Well new to me anyway I guess not everyone though.

The most important thing is the fact that the whole House of MTR is playing this game. Which means we will probably be at each others throats because we are just a bit competative around here and always sus of each others. Tildey will say otherwise but it is true.
I'm protecting MTR with all my heart this game and you can't stop me

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Well, she can't move it so in the scenerio where that vote might be needed she's not being helpful so yeah I think there's some potential scum motivation there. I guess your point is just saying that she's careless town and sure maybe. You could prob make that argument for most things that happen in a mafia game.
I think scum would be likely be more careful about the vote because if it is voting for a random player, they have no control over whether they bussed someone or not

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
How is it throwing it away when: A) we don't know what it does and B) we don't know what the numbers represent?

Yes, logical assumption is it's for a player but is it like 5th to sign up? 5th on the player list?
Vote: listo95

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Day 1 Vote Count:

Lettuce - 1 (Rock #51)
Sleep - 1 (3puppies #75)
GrumpyCat - 1 (Cape90 #126)
3puppies - 1 (Val #128)
WindwardAway - 1 (CWE #135)
Matthieu - 1 (WindwardAway #146)
Listo - 1 (Psycho #158)

Not Voting: Blind Ninja, Claws, Crackleslap, DivaSmurf, FutureHold, GrumpyCat, Kareemah, Listo95, Llettuce, Matthieu, Mazer, Morrison, MTR, Nightingale, Tildey, Xanjori

Current Modified Majority: 4

It is now Day 1. Day 1 will end on Aug 13th at 8:00pm ET or when majority is reached. With 23 players alive, majority is 12 votes on a single player. If majority is not reached by end of day, modified majority comes into play. If modified majority is not reached, there will be no elimination.

For Day 1 only, you can also place an additional vote for any number from 1-23. Once this vote is placed it will be locked in and cannot be changed.

Day 1 Special Vote Count:

5 - 1 (Lettuce #27)
1 - 1 (3puppies #71)
7 - 1 (CWE #140)

Not Voting: Blind Ninja, Cape90, Claws, Crackleslap, DivaSmurf, FutureHold, GrumpyCat, Kareemah, Listo95, Matthieu, Mazer, Morrison, MTR, Nightingale, PsychoSoldier, Rock, Tildey, Val, WindwardAway, Xanjori

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him

I'm pretty meh on rock so far. The drive to move the game forward is generally a good look, but it feels like his focus is a bit pedantic.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
I'm pretty meh on rock so far. The drive to move the game forward is generally a good look, but it feels like his focus is a bit pedantic.
Im not saying he was exactly like this last game, but he definitely wanted to push stuff day 1. I appreciate at least he started a conversation.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
possibly. I mean yeah, we don't know what it does but I just don't feel like locking your vote in your first post was the best way to use it. Maybe its "NAI" but it wasn't helpful to town to use it before we discussed how we would use it. I'm partial to 3pups idea that it is some kind of prize, if so, it's possible that we'd need said vote to put someone else over but she voted a slot that hadn't even posted yet.

I agree but I don't think that means anything for him
Honestly, I'd argue we'd have absolutely no clue about it until someone made a vote anyway. So I think it's way more likely to be pro-town when we have 22 other votes available.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Why just Listo here?
I don't like him jumping in with a passionate mech defense that's adding on to the pile-up against rock. Like I don't agree with rock's stance, but it felt like a fairly pointless post that rings more of scum!Listo who's using mech as an excuse to be active.

I think it's something about the fact he came right in doing that it just didn't sit right.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Im not saying he was exactly like this last game, but he definitely wanted to push stuff day 1. I appreciate at least he started a conversation.
To me I'm just wondering whether it's towny pushing. Like I get getting the game moving, but he held on to it being anti-town for so long that it felt more forced than real. But I can see it just being a stubborn town who thinks they found something, which is why I'm meh on it as opposed to voting him.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
To me I'm just wondering whether it's towny pushing. Like I get getting the game moving, but he held on to it being anti-town for so long that it felt more forced than real. But I can see it just being a stubborn town who thinks they found something, which is why I'm meh on it as opposed to voting him.
He strikes me as being a stubborn type. I do get your point on Listo too, so definitely looking at him to improve for today.

Claws

Mastermind
I think scum would be likely be more careful about the vote because if it is voting for a random player, they have no control over whether they bussed someone or not
I think along the same lines either they all pile on one number from town concenus or hold out and not vote a number due to risk

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Rock having seen how other people feel about it are you inclined to change your mind on lettuce?

Listo95

I don't like him jumping in with a passionate mech defense that's adding on to the pile-up against rock. Like I don't agree with rock's stance, but it felt like a fairly pointless post that rings more of scum!Listo who's using mech as an excuse to be active.

I think it's something about the fact he came right in doing that it just didn't sit right.
I didn't intend for it to sound that way? Like... I saw something and posted.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
why would you not vote early on?

especially since I also saw MTR said that this community plays aggressively, at least implied that.
Well I was more implying that my little faction is a bit ruthless when it comes each other. I would say this is a mix bag on this community as a whole. This community is also split on a D1 yeet when we do role madness games which is what we mostly do. Sometimes game runners will offer immunity or other things to mix it up to make us more active and willing to vote D1.

I tend to shit post D1 most of the time no matter my allignment and then vote sleep. This game I am being a bit more serious while a little loose on D1 but honestly I will probably vote sleep unless I just see a compelling reason to go after someone.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him

Yeah basically 6 of us and I agree it would be hard for us all to have rolled town. 4 of the 6 live in the same house which always makes this fun. Kareemah recently got her own place. Go Kareemah! llettuce is across town but has spent plenty of time in our house over all the years. :)

I have pretty much already called Future, Tildey and Diva sus at some point or other since last night. lol

I will have to wait and see for them to start posting to decide where I think they stand though. Future has a scout thing so won't be around until later and Diva is working. Tildey is going to do some work today but she will be around in a bit. I have some stuff to work on so I will be around off and on.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
We killed him early in the first game I played here
I don't wanna do that to him again just yet lol
He hasn't died early in a while since then that I can remember but yeah I don't see a reason to go after him. lol

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
I'm protecting MTR with all my heart this game and you can't stop me
Happy I Love You GIF by Warner Bros. Deutschland

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Day 1 Vote Count:

GrumpyCat - 2 (Cape90 #126, Psycho #175)
Lettuce - 1 (Rock #51)
Sleep - 1 (3puppies #75)
3puppies - 1 (Val #128)

Not Voting: Blind Ninja, Claws, Crackleslap, DivaSmurf, FutureHold, GrumpyCat, Kareemah, Listo95, Llettuce, Matthieu, Mazer, Morrison, MTR, Nightingale, Tildey, Xanjori

Current Modified Majority: 4

It is now Day 1. Day 1 will end on Aug 13th at 8:00pm ET or when majority is reached. With 23 players alive, majority is 12 votes on a single player. If majority is not reached by end of day, modified majority comes into play. If modified majority is not reached, there will be no elimination.

For Day 1 only, you can also place an additional vote for any number from 1-23. Once this vote is placed it will be locked in and cannot be changed.

5 - 1 (Lettuce #27)
1 - 1 (3puppies #71)
7 - 1 (CWE #140)

Not Voting: Blind Ninja, Cape90, Claws, Crackleslap, DivaSmurf, FutureHold, GrumpyCat, Kareemah, Listo95, Matthieu, Mazer, Morrison, MTR, Nightingale, PsychoSoldier, Rock, Tildey, Val, WindwardAway, Xanjori

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
Vote: Windwardaway

I don't like you not liking my sleep vote. See the previous game for the same old song and dance of 'nooooo u cant vote sleep noooooo'.

Day 1 Update

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
As the day lingered on, a strange energy was felt passing through the realm. It felt similar to the power of the Shadow Realm. Everyone present shivered. Pegasus looked around confused, as he had no idea how he could feel the Shadow Realm in this environment. Kaiba tensed up at the sensation, unsure of what was happening.

The energy only continued to grow, both in power and ferocity, before a deep voice sounded throughout the realm. “Foolish mortals. You know not of the power you mess with, but do not worry. I am already here and keeping an eye on all of you.” The voice faded, but the energy stayed. Though both Kaiba and Pegasus didn’t let it show, they were worried about what this energy would bring. Kaiba thought the voice sounded familiar, but he could not place it.

Before everyone could return to their tasks, a computerized voice sounded throughout the realm bringing yet another, albeit unrelated, message. “Attention everyone. The raffle to decide who will take a trip to visit the Millennium Spellbook will end in seven hours. I repeat. The raffle to decide who will take a trip to visit the Millennium Spellbook will end in seven hours.”

The computerized voice grew quiet and everything seemed normal, except with the increased energy. Everyone went back to doing what they were doing, with both messages ringing in their minds.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Day 1 Vote Count:

Sleep - 2 (3puppies #75, Matthieu #186)
Lettuce - 1 (Rock #51)
3puppies - 1 (Val #128)

Not Voting: Blind Ninja, Claws, Crackleslap, DivaSmurf, FutureHold, GrumpyCat, Kareemah, Listo95, Llettuce, Mazer, Morrison, MTR, Nightingale, Tildey, Xanjori

Current Modified Majority: 5

5 - 1 (Lettuce #27)
1 - 1 (3puppies #71)
7 - 1 (CWE #140)
13 - 1 (Matthieu #389)

Not Voting: Blind Ninja, Cape90, Claws, Crackleslap, DivaSmurf, FutureHold, GrumpyCat, Kareemah, Listo95, Mazer, Morrison, MTR, Nightingale, PsychoSoldier, Rock, Tildey, Val, WindwardAway, Xanjori

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
So maybe the vote give the person that is next to that number a raffle ticket and if someone has more than one vote then they get more than one ticket and then a winner is picked from the tickets?

Claws

Mastermind
So maybe the vote give the person that is next to that number a raffle ticket and if someone has more than one vote then they get more than one ticket and then a winner is picked from the tickets?
Im actually thinking it has nothing to do with ppl and the number is just your raffle number

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Im actually thinking it has nothing to do with ppl and the number is just your raffle number
I can see that as one way to look at it. Just hard to know with Void and what his thought process was for this.

Claws

Mastermind
If its for the book your either voting for a rando or your not voting and sume1 else will get it anyways

rock meets hard place

Kitten Herder
Pronouns
he/him
it's possible that the # is just your raffle ticket or the more votes for a slot give more tickets, there's not really anyway of knowing.

Vote: 19

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Day 1 Vote Count:

Sleep - 2 (3puppies #75, Matthieu #186)
Lettuce - 1 (Rock #51)
3puppies - 1 (Val #128)

Not Voting: Blind Ninja, Claws, Crackleslap, DivaSmurf, FutureHold, GrumpyCat, Kareemah, Listo95, Llettuce, Mazer, Morrison, MTR, Nightingale, Tildey, Xanjori

Current Modified Majority: 5

7 - 2 (CWE #140, Claws #189)
5 - 1 (Lettuce #27)
1 - 1 (3puppies #71)
13 - 1 (Matthieu #389)
19 - 1 (Rock #195)

Not Voting: Blind Ninja, Cape90, Crackleslap, DivaSmurf, FutureHold, GrumpyCat, Kareemah, Listo95, Mazer, Morrison, MTR, Nightingale, PsychoSoldier, Tildey, Val, WindwardAway, Xanjori

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Everyone seems to be voting their own slot which I think is fine. I do believe its very randomized but whatever.

Vote: 23

rock meets hard place

Kitten Herder
Pronouns
he/him
Rock having seen how other people feel about it are you inclined to change your mind on lettuce?
eh....? Yes but also no. I think the vigor of my statement is being blown a little bit out of proportion. I was never suggesting that we death tunnel her but my stance is and always will be that she should have waited until we discussed it and I don't think that is/should be a controversial take. What if she ended up giving a raffle ticket to some unknown alignment? I think that her being informed majority b/c she was being a little careless (and scum wouldn't be) is valid. I don't think I should have to subscribe to groupthink. She hasn't even started posting again as when she does I and you can rejudge here.

Top Bottom