Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 6 - Heart of the Cards

llettuce

nimbdrs
Pronouns
she/her
Not into scp not into grump, ik d1 shit posting but shrug

Void doesn't normally do jesters right?

@Cape90 me too on origins! Except instead of mafia.gg it was mafia like the camp game

llettuce

nimbdrs
Pronouns
she/her
Also strongly agree with anti sleep vote sentiments but that's just me. This group is consistently a mixed bag on how we feel about that

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
although you could talk about your vote switch. I'd sheep you on GC if we can't get a BN wagon but the day will prob end in sleep anways.
Oh I voted GC cause I think Cape's observation was towny
Idk if that makes it right or wrong but that's the best lead I have

llettuce

nimbdrs
Pronouns
she/her
I think its more likely that some players don't want to take a risk and vote people without a mechanical guilty.
Yeah I get that bc a lot of shit I did last game that meant nothing got people on my back but like, we gotta get through the weeds and that does mean killin

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Ok, caught up. Thinking Wind is probably town for her reaction to the event and Matthieu. Doesn't seem like she'd stumble over herself as much as scum, especially when drunk.

I also think Matthieu is probably town by the way he used his sleep vote to gauge reactions to it. Him snapvoting Wind in retaliation felt less like scum!Matthieu hiding behind a troll vote and more like seeing what he could get from it.

Grumpy seems kind of easy but also just don't really care for the appeal to rock about voting BN

For the record, I think Blind isn't a good chop today. They're playing pretty typical and are one of the least polarized players. Would rather see where he lands as we go forward.
You'd be surprised how i conduct myself as both alignments when drunk, lol

I don't really want either of rock or BN out today because I think they'll be an easier read at a later point in time. I don't think they'll be unsolvable but both are posting enough that I don't want to yeet them on a whim today.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
3pups usually coupons on the weekend, so get why they are low.

MTR can speak more on Kareem, Diva, Future and Tildey. Think he said Tildey had to work some this weekend. Future was doing boy scout stuff (iirc). Not sure about Diva and Kareem.

Val/Morrison are usually on the lower post count, but still expected a bit more from them by now.

Then Nightingale... really not like her to sign up and not even post. So hope she's ok.
Oh

Vote: GrumpyCat

I'm still reading up but if 3pups is just lurky on weekends in general I guess I should give them a chance to talk. Don't like the sleep vote though.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
this is also multiball, for a lack of a better term. So psycho could still be scum while legit hunting the other team.
Oh
Did I miss the memo? 😂 I thought someone said earlier that it just seemed like the OP example indicated that flavor was partially but not completely alignment indicative.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
yes, the yellow color was used for nuets/3rd party last game so the logical conclusion is that its some 3p team but I still call everything not town scum
Oh nvm then I guess we're roughly on the same page. I wouldn't say a game with a 3p SK is multiball for example, but I get your point.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
I mean, Psycho wasn't near my first choice but,
1. slight paranoia, like it is easy to just slap a townread there for putting in some decent stuff.
2. I checked back at his conversation with me about rock because i thought he was being inconsistent there, but nah.

And as of now I am getting more sketch vibes off of Psycho's treatment of GrumpyCat. Like he voted GrumpyCat in agreement with me and is now saying they are "too easy" and are now saying in their recent posts that GrumpyCat's posts were perhaps too open wolfy early on and they wouldn't be so wolfy if they were wolf.

The problem I have with this take is I don't get the vibe that GrumpyCat was posting scummy on purpose.
Yeah but who posts scummy on purpose, other than a jester?

GrumpyCat

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Can you tell me whitch of my posts were scummy to you? You think I lied?

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
I think its more likely that some players don't want to take a risk and vote people without a mechanical guilty.
Yeah but scum just gets an extra day from that, as Val said. It puts them in control of who dies first, so the first death is pretty much guaranteed a town flip, barring mechanical oddities.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Sure, some voted sleep... but it was more the fact that some people not listed hadnt voted, myself included
Honestly I view people who (min)post and vote Sleep as scummier than people who don't vote. Or at least, until it gets closer to EoD.

rock meets hard place

Kitten Herder
Pronouns
he/him
I mean, I'm all for d1 lynches, and its not *impossible* to get scum d1 but I tried last game and no one wanted to do anything and I don't really get the feeling that d1 lynches are a priority around here.

GrumpyCat

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah but scum just gets an extra day from that, as Val said. It puts them in control of who dies first, so the first death is pretty much guaranteed a town flip, barring mechanical oddities.
Town has way more power roles then scum do. Time doesn't work in scum favor in rajah style game. Eliminating a player d1 just removes an easily comfrmable town.

GrumpyCat

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I mean there is a chance it could be a scum yeet but every time i played this setup there was a ressuracion mechanic and because of it players will just flip as ??? so it doesnt provide info either.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
+ again, right now Psycho is voting GrumpyCat

so like do they not agree with their read?
I'm curious why you'd didn't ask me about this if you felt that way?

My point has been that Grumpy reads scummy on the surface, but the recent posts come off in a way that I don't think scum would post so early? I don't mean open wolfing in the sense that he's going "hurr, I'm scum" but in the sense that I find the post like openly campaigning to bunch up on Blind without, from my memory, actively sussing Blind, is something looks scummy on the surface. But on the same token, I don't really find anyone else actively scummy at the moment other than Diva, who I don't want to vote without giving her a chance to post. So if it's not Grumpy then I don't really know who I'm voting today

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
On that same token, this is also just kind of a bad EOD time because I'm busy IRL so can't really be here tonight like I'd like.

Cape90

Vanilla Townie
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah but who posts scummy on purpose, other than a jester?
IDK ask Psycho, i mean they were voting GrumpyCat.

Though I will say that
Crackleslap is probably just town for all of the things they are doing like giving their vote out to the "highest bidder" and encouraging people to vote them out.
Cracklestep is a person who I would consider someone who is posting "scummy" based on this description, but is an example of something I find towny, but could be jestery ig.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Oh

Vote: GrumpyCat

I'm still reading up but if 3pups is just lurky on weekends in general I guess I should give them a chance to talk. Don't like the sleep vote though.
It's pretty common for 3pups. They are usually very much a believer of not yeeting someone d1 in games where there is info to be learned over night.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Oh
Did I miss the memo? 😂 I thought someone said earlier that it just seemed like the OP example indicated that flavor was partially but not completely alignment indicative.
It's either or. You can't exactly trust that colors mean someone is scum(other than red is scum), or that a "bad guy" in the source material is a bad guy in this game. But there is always something alignment indicative in the writeups one way or another.

Cape90

Vanilla Townie
Pronouns
he/him
I'm curious why you'd didn't ask me about this if you felt that way?

My point has been that Grumpy reads scummy on the surface, but the recent posts come off in a way that I don't think scum would post so early? I don't mean open wolfing in the sense that he's going "hurr, I'm scum" but in the sense that I find the post like openly campaigning to bunch up on Blind without, from my memory, actively sussing Blind, is something looks scummy on the surface. But on the same token, I don't really find anyone else actively scummy at the moment other than Diva, who I don't want to vote without giving her a chance to post. So if it's not Grumpy then I don't really know who I'm voting today
well to answer the first thing it was because the me sussing you for the GC thing was obviously a recent thing.

which recent posts are you referring to? I thought you were talking about how GC opened up in the game.

I am technically against sleeping, but that's more of a my community thing, like i'd rather get info now, and even then I don't think sleeping is really that bad as some people make it out to be and I am slightly curious about the spreadsheet... thing they were talking about

Are you against the sleep vote?

Cape90

Vanilla Townie
Pronouns
he/him
which recent posts are you referring to? I thought you were talking about how GC opened up in the game.
you referring to when GC was talking about how they were never getting voted and that whole convo with claws?

Cape90

Vanilla Townie
Pronouns
he/him
I was wondering if the sheets would have looked different from the ones i have seen in the past tbh

llettuce

nimbdrs
Pronouns
she/her
I was wondering if the sheets would have looked different from the ones i have seen in the past tbh
We'll she's fucking wild with the spreadsheets so hers is definitely more intense than what I would be working with

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Want me to join you on BN?

Looks like you could use a firend. Ever since Lemon Demon stopped playing, BN is onto you. Getting rid of him would make your life so much easier.

So what about it? You want?

Only thing I want you to do is to say. GC is never geting yetted this game. Never ever.
These were the main posts I was talking about, Cape. Like the tone reads slimy like he's trying to drum up support to a counter to his own wagon rather than actually wanting to wagon BN as a scumread. But it's so blatant that it seems less likely to come from scum unless it's like 20 min. to EOD. My original vote was just vibes and trying to +1 a wagon to get some traction going.

I guess I'm also kind of meh on Listo still, but he's always kinda limp on d1 and would rather see him after a couple flips

I am one of the people here that's always anti-sleep on d1. I think it's better to start flips sooner because it gives us more info and in the case where we get absolutely nothing from the night actions(like when scum uses a mass block which is a common thing), we actually still have something to work from instead of starting at square 1 on D2.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Looking at the playerlist and I just don't have any real scum vibes on the people that are somewhat active, but the pool of low posters is almost completely rand, and the one person I would vote there feels wrong because they always get chopped or modkilled early

But I'm also honestly not sold on GrumpyCat with those couple posts. Especially because the villain post sounded kinda pure to me :\

GrumpyCat

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
These were the main posts I was talking about, Cape. Like the tone reads slimy like he's trying to drum up support to a counter to his own wagon rather than actually wanting to wagon BN as a scumread
I was curious if Rock would take on an offer of me joining BN train. They never did. To me it sounds like they didnt care about growing their train in the end. I don't have a scum read on BN and didnt want to yeet him in the end. I planed on ending the day on sleep from the start because it works best in this setup.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
I guess I get kind of off vibes from Future and would feel less guilty if wrong there, but it's still pretty rand at the moment

llettuce

nimbdrs
Pronouns
she/her
llettuce know your thought on the game
Busy d1, buuuut I don't think anyone has been super interesting in either direction. I am still sus of grumpy and snap but as previously said I'm sus in a jester way and I don't think Void normally does jesters and it's d1 so people are still bullshitting. Matt's always a bit of a loose cannon but the raffle takes him out of the equation for now anyway. Listo has been lackluster. Rock and cape are feeling town, but that may just be active bias. Psycho also feeling towny neutral on but I think that's just because he talks through his thoughts and can never be evil in my head. I dont really wanna straight yeet inactives but dont really know where im sitting on who to yeet.

There is my brain vomit.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
I was curious if Rock would take on an offer of me joining BN train. They never did. To me it sounds like they didnt care about growing their train in the end. I don't have a scum read on BN and didnt want to yeet him in the end. I planed on ending the day on sleep from the start because it works best in this setup.
Are you saying you get scum vibes off that? Would you chop them today or is it just something you're keeping an eye on?

Tbh I think this is a pretty towny response

rock meets hard place

Kitten Herder
Pronouns
he/him
I didn't take you up on your offer b/c I was considering if I wanted to vote you or not. I'm not voting you now b/c I'm secretly worried about Xan who did vote you so maybe you were town afterall?

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Also find that recent post from llettuce kinda towny

For what it's worth, I've been thinking for a hot minute that Crackle is probably some kind of 3p but others beat me to it

GrumpyCat

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Hard to say if i get scum vibes from it but I would expect town to be more commited to train they started. Why not take and offer? Because they thought i was scum or what? A vote is a vote.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Disagree on Wind at least. Her push there felt more genuine and less like scum picking on an easy target.
Tbh they're not wrong, it's an easy excuse for scum to push a sleep-voting town. I only have one game of sample size for how I've seen Matthieu play, so it's not like I can really claim a meta read on him. It's just a starting point.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Tbh they're not wrong, it's an easy excuse for scum to push a sleep-voting town. I only have one game of sample size for how I've seen Matthieu play, so it's not like I can really claim a meta read on him. It's just a starting point.
Yeah, but I think the way you went about it and your one meta example where Matthieu did it as scum is just all why I think your push there was pure. I also felt you forcibly, but stumblingly, trying to vote him even after the event just comes off as stubborn town. Even if drunk, I kinda expect most scum to ease off a bit while voicing their concern, not continuing to go full steam ahead into a brick wall

GrumpyCat

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Loads of info in writeups
Example from last game so those not familiar will get an idea.

VoidKitten said:
Sabi sighed as she put the tarot card she selected originally back into the deck. She looked through the deck again and thought for a moment, selecting another card with glee.

MTR was working on a cannon that could be used for transporting people across long distances. He saw Sephiroth and motioned him to come over and try it. MTR loaded Sephiroth into the cannon and fired, but there was too much power. Sephiroth sailed much further away than anticipated. MTR shrugged and made a comment about seeing him tomorrow.

Pablo Diablo was a hype man. He knew how to argue any point and convince anyone of anything. He knew how to bring out even more strength. He found PrincessPeach and hyped them up, ensuring that they would be much more effective tonight.

Robozerim had magical dice that could do anything he willed them to. He told Rikishi this and Rikishi laughed. To prove a point, he rolled the dice and they started to smolder and exploded outwards creating a protective shield around Rikishi. Robozerim nodded cheekily and walked away.

Matthieu was creeping around the battlefield when he saw Applejack and SolidSnake approaching in mine carts. Matthieu quickly threw a switch causing both minecarts to swap tracks as they continued on.

Marack was on the hunt. He had really wanted to hunt down lurkers, but he had more important business to attend to. He watched Sora from afar and shot a dart at Sora injecting him with a poison that would make his words much more pleasing.

Listo shook his head again, silently weeping over the choice he had to make. He didn’t want anyone to die. He wanted everyone to get along. How could everything have gone so wrong? He sighed and pressed a button on his wrist communicator.

Gibbs was sitting in his room when he heard a beeping. Before he had time to look, an explosion ripped through the area, incinerating everything except a deck of tarot cards.

Gibbs, playing as Sabi, the Supremacy Bookie, has been killed. Actual Poster: Jarrod

3puppies
was excited to be here and was happy to help Listo achieve anything. 3puppies went around and found SubZero and quickly grabbed a paintbrush and painted him in reflective paint. He smiled as he saw how nicely it reflected the sun.

Caito happened to see SubZero and went to give him a special surprise. He pulled out a hookshoot and took aim at SubZero’s backpack, but as he was firing the shot the sun reflected off of SubZero and hit Caito in the eye causing him to shoot himself in the leg with the hookshot. Caito wailed and limped away.

Badger was on break and tired. He was yawning and ironing his kilt, while watching NXT UK, when movement caught his attention. He saw it was Sora and Badger decided to pause the telly and follow closely behind him.

Dreyski was snapping pictures and taking video of everything, trying to help formulate plans to storm Castle Rezam. He saw Sora and aimed his camera at Sora’s communication array to catch any messages he might get.

Lora was on the prowl again, using an extra stealthy style of movement. He found his target drinking some coffee and he quickly snuck up behind them and slit their throat. As his target bled out he cackled manically. “Pikachu is a terrible starter. Bulbasaur is better.” Lora quickly disappeared as Pikachu bled out.

Pikachu, playing as mth, the Riff-Raff ON Manipulative JOAT, has been killed. Actual Poster: llettuce

GrumpyCat

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Sorry that was a bad example disregard it. It uses character names targeting player names.

rock meets hard place

Kitten Herder
Pronouns
he/him
Rock having seen how other people feel about it are you inclined to change your mind on lettuce?
I don't know if I can really explain it but this post made me uneasy b/c its like he expects me to fall in line...it was just weird.
Yeah but we also have 0 way to actually work out what it is. Imo people voting their own number would have been best but that trends already bucked. At the very worst if we get a wolf flip outta one we can speed yeet the other.
didn't like his comment on speed lynching the self number voters.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
I don't know if I can really explain it but this post made me uneasy b/c its like he expects me to fall in line...it was just weird.

didn't like his comment on speed lynching the self number voters.
Are you telling me if a wolf flipped out of one of the people with multiple votes you wouldnt heavily scrutinise/pressure anyone that gave them the extra votes?

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Yeah, but I think the way you went about it and your one meta example where Matthieu did it as scum is just all why I think your push there was pure. I also felt you forcibly, but stumblingly, trying to vote him even after the event just comes off as stubborn town. Even if drunk, I kinda expect most scum to ease off a bit while voicing their concern, not continuing to go full steam ahead into a brick wall
You'd be surprised how many dumb things I do as scum, then, lol

rock meets hard place

Kitten Herder
Pronouns
he/him
Are you telling me if a wolf flipped out of one of the people with multiple votes you wouldnt heavily scrutinise/pressure anyone that gave them the extra votes?
of the 9 players that voted to give players an extra raffle ticket I don't expect to find that much scum and I think it's just a wild goose chase and if you are scum then you could just use that strat to go after mislynches over and over.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
of the 9 players that voted to give players an extra raffle ticket I don't expect to find that much scum and I think it's just a wild goose chase and if you are scum then you could just use that strat to go after mislynches over and over.
I think this and your other post are the most half assed reasoning Ive ever seen to be suspicious of someone. Especially when we had a game recently where it benefited scum to give one of their players a power via an open vote, and guess what they did exactly that.

Top Bottom