Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 9: Sega vs Nintendo - The Race for the Next Generation

Nightingale

Administrator
I'm still chewing on MTR, I think he's probably town. But if I'm wrong about one of the others he might be scum

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
My concern is that there's a red and purple faction, something Mazer drew attention to only to wind up dead and now despite getting a town aligned player yeeted - right at the end of the day phase, no less - I'm being asked to give Badger a second chance.

I can't claim though I'm confident that Badger is the way to go today. Confident enough to eat a yeet or a vigil kill if I'm wrong.

Jarrod1983

Scum Hunter
My concern is that there's a red and purple faction, something Mazer drew attention to only to wind up dead and now despite getting a town aligned player yeeted - right at the end of the day phase, no less - I'm being asked to give Badger a second chance.

I can't claim though I'm confident that Badger is the way to go today. Confident enough to eat a yeet or a vigil kill if I'm wrong.
It was more self preservation than a last second push on Grumpy because of BN being taken off the board.

I'm not convinced it was info rather than a gut feel that Badger just hoped was right.

Jarrod1983

Scum Hunter
I am positive Badger is town. We are not yeeting Badger.
Not disagreeing. Just saying the way Matthieu framed that last statement like Badger just got things switched on a whim at the last second which obviously wasn't the case.

Badger does need to smell some farts though just because he said he would.

Suprise Farting GIF by Mr Methane

Badger

“70% Furry, 30% Filthy, 100% Fun”
Pronouns
he/him
I know there is going to be a lot of questions and votes but do please hear me out…

Okay first person I definitely need to address is Grumpycat I am very very sorry. I genuinely feel fucking horrible about what happened.

However when re-reading the N1 actions I had jumped to the wrong conclusion and his pink GIF Claws post saying I was pink made me paranoid. It was a fuck up….just as big as if not more so in Mafia Universe Champs when I thought Marl was being sus and I shot him. I’ve had a horrible game so far and trying my best to make things right.

I believe I now have a better understanding in my info and especially given what happened after Grumpy’s will role reveal my lean right now at the moment is on Jarrod. I am not entirely confident in this but given what happened with our vote steals I think I might know what he has been up to. I could very well be wrong and appreciate folks are not going to buy this right away but I have been genuinely trying to solve.

Jarrod1983

Scum Hunter
I know there is going to be a lot of questions and votes but do please hear me out…

Okay first person I definitely need to address is Grumpycat I am very very sorry. I genuinely feel fucking horrible about what happened.

However when re-reading the N1 actions I had jumped to the wrong conclusion and his pink GIF Claws post saying I was pink made me paranoid. It was a fuck up….just as big as if not more so in Mafia Universe Champs when I thought Marl was being sus and I shot him. I’ve had a horrible game so far and trying my best to make things right.

I believe I now have a better understanding in my info and especially given what happened after Grumpy’s will role reveal my lean right now at the moment is on Jarrod. I am not entirely confident in this but given what happened with our vote steals I think I might know what he has been up to. I could very well be wrong and appreciate folks are not going to buy this right away but I have been genuinely trying to solve.
Nah I'm not scum and have been here trying to solve. At this point I think we're looking at Future, BN and maybe Matthieu for trying to throw you under the bus...which I didn't do pal. Just because I ended up losing a vote doesn't make me guilty.

Nightingale

Administrator
I'm also of the opinion there is only one purple player, for a number of reasons.

The first and most recent: Grumpy's yeet. Anyone who might have been purple would have known that Grumpy wasn't.... so everyone that voted there thinking Badger had info is extremely unlikely to be purple - they'd more than likely have wanted to avoid it knowing it would probably look bad.

This is: Matthieu, BN, Drey, Val, future, MTR, Badger - and of course myself but whatever.
That leaves: jarrod, LDG, Tildey, Peter, Insaner

The second reason: I would expect if there were a group of purple players I would garnered more support yeeting claws than I did, since it wouldn't matter to them who went over

The third reason: We may have seen multiple purple names, but we've never seen what looks like multiple purple actions.

The fourth reason: We have seen a total of five red - there were four distinct red actions N2 and that was after claws died. With five red players I seriously doubt there is more than one purple.

Nightingale

Administrator

I believe I know why you lean to jarrod. But I personally think he has played very town here, and should be left alone in favor of the people I think are red, and only considered if working through the poe doesn't end the game.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
I believe I know why you lean to jarrod. But I personally think he has played very town here, and should be left alone in favor of the people I think are red, and only considered if working through the poe doesn't end the game.
Fair. I shall definitely take time to have another look as not wholly confident. 👍

Nightingale

Administrator
Fair. I shall definitely take time to have another look as not wholly confident. 👍
I don't think purple is a threat. We haven't seen purple kill, but we did see a lightning rod effect that may or may not have made sure the scum kill failed, potentially pulling it to themselves.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Especially given watching Scotland who drew tonight and was multi-tasking lol.

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
I am positive Badger is town. We are not yeeting Badger.
He isn't and given your role, I highly doubt you have information to work with. I, however, do and will happily accept a yeet today if it means Badger is gone in the night or the next day phase.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
In absolutely zero worlds does Badger pull a stunt like that as scum. He believed what he said. It's not badger's style to fake he has info like that as scum.
I agree. I don't think Badger is scum. I think it was just a mistake

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
I am going to tell a story what happened today. Bear in mind I have a bad back.

50p fell out my wallet when I was coming out the pub going down the Main Street in Perth. Some guy finishing a late shift in Tescos with a Matthieu name badge on his uniform seemingly offered to pick it up given my predicament and I was grateful. Turned out he ran away and is probably going to put it through his own till buying a pack of tic-tacos because the staff discount just isn’t enough.

Jarrod1983

Scum Hunter
Well since BN is still alive we don't know if his info was a mistake or not.

I feel that it was not a scum Badger move.
Badger loves mafia and pretty much was in self preserve mode which anybody who wants to play would be. He probably already had a idea of Grumpy being purple in his mind and since BN was taken off the menu, Badger didn't have much else then to try to stay alive and test his gut theory out.

Jarrod1983

Scum Hunter
He is getting a stiff banzai drop if I ever meet him though. Like I'm kicking my heels out and he's getting zero protection.

Badger said I could dammit.

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
I'm just going to assume that red and purple have teamed up unofficially and are committed to taking out town by any means necessary.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
He is getting a stiff banzai drop if I ever meet him though. Like I'm kicking my heels out and he's getting zero protection.

Badger said I could dammit.
Just as you’re dropping, Leo will pull his sword up.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Vote Count
1 - FutureHold (Jarrod1983)
1 - Badger (Matthieu)
1 - Matthieu (Nightingale)

Not Voting: Badger, Blind Ninja, Dreyski, FutureHold, Insaner, LemonDemonGirl, MTR, Peter Griffin, Tildey, Val the Moofia Boss

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Looks like Badger f-ed up proper well yesterday but hey it's alright everyone makes mistakes right let's not dwell on it to much

Vote: FutureHold/VOTE]

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Matthew - to be clear, do you suspect Badger of being red or purple? Or just anti-town?

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Vote Count
2 - FutureHold (Jarrod1983, Insaner)
1 - Badger (Matthieu)

Not Voting: Badger, Blind Ninja, Dreyski, FutureHold, LemonDemonGirl, MTR, Peter Griffin, Tildey, Val the Moofia Boss

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
BN/Future/Matthieu/Insaner -- with an outside poe of peter/MTR
At this point I'm just praying wolves will shoot you by the time you come around to yeeting me so I will hopefully have a better chance of convincing more reasonable people.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Vote Count
3 - FutureHold (Jarrod1983, Insane, LemonDemonGirl)
1 - Badger (Matthieu)

Not Voting: Badger, Blind Ninja, Dreyski, FutureHold, MTR, Peter Griffin, Tildey, Val the Moofia Boss

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
Matthew - to be clear, do you suspect Badger of being red or purple? Or just anti-town?
Badger's purple. I'm willing to soak a yeet today if that is what it takes to finally get people to see sense. I'm starting to suspect that Nightingale is purple as well. This is probably going to be another game where ballsy scum pretend to be town and cruise to victory which I hope isn't the case but the more switched on players such as CWE, Void and Mazer are ending up dead to night kills and Grumpy was the victim of a pretty obvious and desperate last minute gamble at a misyeet.

At the very least you'd expect more hesitation, right? But there isn't much - just the usual 'haha just badger things' as if scum aren't going to pull any stunt necessary and lie in order to win.

:rolleyes1:

You're probably one of the next to be taken out at night or misyeeted because you're vocal with the seeds of suspicion being cast your way.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Badger's purple. I'm willing to soak a yeet today if that is what it takes to finally get people to see sense. I'm starting to suspect that Nightingale is purple as well. This is probably going to be another game where ballsy scum pretend to be town and cruise to victory which I hope isn't the case but the more switched on players such as CWE, Void and Mazer are ending up dead to night kills and Grumpy was the victim of a pretty obvious and desperate last minute gamble at a misyeet.

At the very least you'd expect more hesitation, right? But there isn't much - just the usual 'haha just badger things' as if scum aren't going to pull any stunt necessary and lie in order to win.

:rolleyes1:

You're probably one of the next to be taken out at night or misyeeted because you're vocal with the seeds of suspicion being cast your way.
I can see it as a possibility that Badger's purple. I don't think he is red given that he was the counter wagon to Blind Ninja, who is very likely a red and was saved yesterday.

Why do you think purple is a priority over red? I haven't seen them killing anyone so far...

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
I can see it as a possibility that Badger's purple. I don't think he is red given that he was the counter wagon to Blind Ninja, who is very likely a red and was saved yesterday.

Why do you think purple is a priority over red? I haven't seen them killing anyone so far...
I think we've been very lucky in regards to how night actions have played out and with Grumpy's role serving to delay night actions, the next night phase is potentially going to be brutal - hence the desperation for Badger to be excused for another day phase in order to take full advantage of that fact.

CWE didn't die during a night phase but at the end of a day phase.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him

For the record, Grumpy told people to ignore his N2 result. Do you think Jarrod used the lightning rod to pull Grumpy's action onto him?

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I think we've been very lucky in regards to how night actions have played out and with Grumpy's role serving to delay night actions, the next night phase is potentially going to be brutal - hence the desperation for Badger to be excused for another day phase in order to take full advantage of that fact.

Is it info from your role on Badger or was it your inference from the mod posts?

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him

Sounds like it is info from your role.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I'm going to assume it is

Do a triple back flip discreetly if that is not the case

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
I'm extremely confident that Badger is lying. Either people believe me or they don't - my will and flip will provide the proof anyone needs if it comes down to it which isn't the ideal route to take but remains a potential option on the table.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
Looks like Badger f-ed up proper well yesterday but hey it's alright everyone makes mistakes right let's not dwell on it to much

Vote: FutureHold/VOTE]
Just gonna point this out... Willing to give badger benefit of the doubt on his fuck up... But wasnt willing to give me one

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Just gonna point this out... Willing to give badger benefit of the doubt on his fuck up... But wasnt willing to give me one
What made you think I wasn't willing yo give you the benefit of the doubt? I came into D3 suspecting you very heavily but I wasn't saying "BN is 100% scum". I was saying that IF scum were trying to save Claws then your play on D3 fit that description. But the possibility remained for me that you were town. I took the day to watch and see which person in my 4-person Poe I wanted to end up on. And even voted Tildey for the large part of the day.

I feel like you were mostly just pleading for yourself yesterday. There's also an issue of you being saved from votes yesterday. What do you think was up with that?

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
What made you think I wasn't willing yo give you the benefit of the doubt? I came into D3 suspecting you very heavily but I wasn't saying "BN is 100% scum". I was saying that IF scum were trying to save Claws then your play on D3 fit that description. But the possibility remained for me that you were town. I took the day to watch and see which person in my 4-person Poe I wanted to end up on. And even voted Tildey for the large part of the day.

I feel like you were mostly just pleading for yourself yesterday. There's also an issue of you being saved from votes yesterday. What do you think was up with that?
Its the tone difference between your interactions. With me, didnt seem like BoD

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Its the tone difference between your interactions. With me, didnt seem like BoD
Well, my reads on you and Badger ARE different. I don't actually view his stunt yesterday as scummy even. It just sounds like he thought he was onto something and talking himself into it. And I liked his engagement otherwise. But having a scum read on you doesn't mean not giving you the benefit of the doubt.

I kinda think you're outed today though after what happened yesterday with the votes.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
Well, my reads on you and Badger ARE different. I don't actually view his stunt yesterday as scummy even. It just sounds like he thought he was onto something and talking himself into it. And I liked his engagement otherwise. But having a scum read on you doesn't mean not giving you the benefit of the doubt.

I kinda think you're outed today though after what happened yesterday with the votes.
Im not scum. And dont have any results that can move the vote.

Im sure scum did it to paint me red. Just going to give them more free room to play the game.

Also not surprised I was blocked last night. Since I could have potentially proven my worth to town.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Part of the reason for my cheeky tone though was because I wanted to highlight the difference in how Foxxi is reacting to Badger being wrong about something vs how she has reacted to me being wrong about something.

Badger was generally being towny, then he had a read that was wrong, and pushed it through to cause a miselemination of Grumpy instead of what was very likely to be a Future yeet. And he can be forgiven.

I had a read that was wrong, didn't even push for it that hard, didn't end up causing a miselimination, mafia got yeeted. Have stayed active and posted agreeable content that became the narrative for the following day, looks extremely likely like I accurately called out at minimum 2 mafia members at SoD, before anyone else did, before Mazer's info, before the shenanigans with BN's vote immunity. And yet I am in the same tier for Foxxi as two near outed wolves.

Maybe it's the order in which things have occured that counts and she is just going with her first impression?

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Im not scum. And dont have any results that can move the vote.

Im sure scum did it to paint me red. Just going to give them more free room to play the game.

Also not surprised I was blocked last night. Since I could have potentially proven my worth to town.
Well, without knowing whose action it was exactly, I don't think scum would have done it if Badger was on their team. I think the first paragraph of the night post might suggest it was a red action though.

Who do you think the read members are?

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I'm wondering if there's a chance BN could be purple and scum really did just give him vote immunity for the lols. Seeing as he is claiming to be blocked and there was no purple action last night.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
NIGHT THREE

Shigesato Itoi was trying to set up an interview to shut down the people who criticized Earthbound, but last minute the interviewer decided to call it off.
Or rather this part is what I was referring to thinking it could have caused the votes on Blind Ninja to be cancelled. But seeing as this is from N3 then maybe not?

DAY THREE

Vote Count
8 - GrumpyCat (Matthieu, Nightingale, Blind Ninja, Dreyski, Mazer, Val the Moofia Boss, FutureHold, MTR)
2 - Badger (Peter Griffin, LemonDemonGirl)

Not Voting: Badger, GrumpyCat, Insaner, Jarrod1983, Tildey

----------

Everyone was still reeling from Sony’s announcement as the night came to an end. The event was overall such a success that the organizer’s handed out some sheets to everyone that attended to vote their favorite presentation of the night. The winner was no surprise, and it was unanimous that Sony Computer Entertainment stole the show with their shocking announcement.
Actually, I think that "stole the show with their shocking announcement" might be referring to it being a purple action. Could be a day action or even a part of lightning rod action N2, which just said that 2.5 hours (or however long it was) the top lead wagon would become vote immine.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I'm not going to argue that there's more than 1 purple. I think you are probably right about that mainly because we haven't seen more than 1 purple action and it also wouldn't make sense numbers-wise.

I'm also of the opinion there is only one purple player, for a number of reasons.

The first and most recent: Grumpy's yeet. Anyone who might have been purple would have known that Grumpy wasn't.... so everyone that voted there thinking Badger had info is extremely unlikely to be purple - they'd more than likely have wanted to avoid it knowing it would probably look bad.

This is: Matthieu, BN, Drey, Val, future, MTR, Badger - and of course myself but whatever.
That leaves: jarrod, LDG, Tildey, Peter, Insaner

But that reason to discount people as being purple is completely bollocks.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Or rather this part is what I was referring to thinking it could have caused the votes on Blind Ninja to be cancelled. But seeing as this is from N3 then maybe not?

Actually, I think that "stole the show with their shocking announcement" might be referring to it being a purple action. Could be a day action or even a part of lightning rod action N2, which just said that 2.5 hours (or however long it was) the top lead wagon would become vote immine.
If yesterday's shenanigans were indeed a purple action then it seems unlikely to me that Badger's done it.

Which in turn makes me doubt Matthew's claim.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Another thing that made me SUS of Matthew was that he was very quick to jump on Grumpy when Future was still an option.

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
You can doubt it all you like, in which case just yeet me and you can deal with Badger during the next day phase using my flip and will as proof. Once Badger is dealt with, I strongly suggest looking at Nightingale next who will no doubt prove to be particularly evasive.

As for my vote on Grumpy, I based my vote on Badger's apparent earnest plea which I even quoted alongside my vote...there was very little time left during the day phase and pursuing a lead that was supposedly based on solid intel seemed the better course of action to give us something solid to work with.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I'd rather not yeet anyone that is town if we can at all avoid it. I don't think town has the numbers to go 1 for 1 each time.

I understand that you want to go for someone you are sure of instead of going for an unknown. But why do you think we should go after a purple today as opposed to red?

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him

Sorry, just remember you had already answered that.

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
Yep. I'm extremely confident when it comes to my stance on Badger.

I'm hoping others comment directly on all this instead of just showing up to vote and nothing else.

Nightingale

Administrator
One: badger is town.

Two: any actions grumpy delayed - if any - were probably delayed no more than one night I'd imagine, so whatever he delayed N2 would have happened last night.

And again, the most important thing here: Badger is town.

BN/Future/Matthieu = scum
Insaner/peter -- one of these is the last one
Purple isn't hostile.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
One: badger is town.

Two: any actions grumpy delayed - if any - were probably delayed no more than one night I'd imagine, so whatever he delayed N2 would have happened last night.

And again, the most important thing here: Badger is town.

BN/Future/Matthieu = scum
Insaner/peter -- one of these is the last one
Purple isn't hostile.
Hey, it's progress.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
This game reminds me so much of Mazer's game where I was scum and started bussing most of my team but got POEd anyway.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
For the record, Grumpy told people to ignore his N2 result. Do you think Jarrod used the lightning rod to pull Grumpy's action onto him?
It’s not quite like that. I’m wary of spelling things out too much but hopeful of people figuring it out. I think Foxxi might have figured it.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
This game reminds me so much of Mazer's game where I was scum and started bussing most of my team but got POEd anyway.
I'm fact I think there's a good chance that the mafia team here are just the people who were mafia in that game minus myself :D

I don't remember if Matthew was in that game

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
I’m also reading Foxxi between the lines and have a theory but not going to speak for her.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Also I know Matt said he’s been having migraines and allowing for that, but haven’t known him to be this active in a phase and supposedly confident on someone. I don’t know him as well as MMOC folks but this feels a little different except the “I’ll take a yeet” bit.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Also I know Matt said he’s been having migraines and allowing for that, but haven’t known him to be this active in a phase and supposedly confident on someone. I don’t know him as well as MMOC folks but this feels a little different except the “I’ll take a yeet” bit.
He's claiming to have you confirmed as purple

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
With 13 players alive and presumably 4 scum, if mafia were able to go 1 for 1 three times, successfully killing 1 person each night, they would reach parity in F5. So that's not something I wouldn't expect scum to do.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
With 13 players alive and presumably 4 scum, if mafia were able to go 1 for 1 three times, successfully killing 1 person each night, they would reach parity in F5. So that's not something I wouldn't expect scum to do.
Or rather after a successful yeet in F5

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
That's not counting any potential extra kills or yeet delays they might still have.

I don't recall having seen Graeham vs Foxxie before. At this point it seems there is only one way to find out, and if Badger is scum then this might be the only window of opportunity to get him with Matt being as vocal as he is now.

You think scum could be boldly claiming to have guilty information and trying to brute force town to lynch whoever they want and hope they achieve majority before town turna against them?

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
My understanding is that this is the "this is true or I'm mafia" type of situation.

It’s reading to me that if he’s scum, they’re having him go out there to force a misyeet on me then they might sacrifice him.

I reread the last few pages. If Mazer got incriminating info on Blind Ninja and Mazer flipped town then perhaps we should be lynching BN. I do think it is weird that BN and Futurehold were the high profile targets yesterday but momentum on them has stalled today.

Right now the only player I townlean is Insaner, but that doesn't mean he can't be wrong, and with so many people at each other's throats a lot of people are probably wrong. I am a little irked by Nightingale and inclined to scumlean her but she could also be a town who is wrong too.

Badger could have been genuinely mistaken about Grumpy, but as Foxxie said we can't just take "I'm not scum, honest" posts at face value. Matt is saying he's confident Badger is the way to go, and Badger did get Grumpy killed. What I am trying to reconcile is this new direction towards Badger when we still have the unfinished business with BN from yesterday and he has been seemingly forgotten, and then there is future. That's three targets.

Though at a certain point we can't keep waffling and have to crap or get off the pot. So for me it's between these three. And as I said earlier it feels like there is a scary chance that a scum is going to slide by and then won't get focused on again and I feel that's what is happening with BN, though if we lynch BN today and Matt dies tonight then Badger could slide by too. Too many targets. And Mazer flipped town so going after BN seems to be the safer choice.

Unvote: Futurehold

Vote: Blind Ninja

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
NIGHT THREE

Shigesato Itoi was trying to set up an interview to shut down the people who criticized Earthbound, but last minute the interviewer decided to call it off.
Reading this again, and assuming that yesterday's save on BN was done by purple, it sounds like reds may have tried to make one of them vote immune and possibly got stopped.

If so, then if someone had a blocking action and used it last night then it's possible that their target is Shigesato Itoi or whatever.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I don't know if someone would get confirmed in the writeup like that though

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I'm fact I think there's a good chance that the mafia team here are just the people who were mafia in that game minus myself :D

I don't remember if Matthew was in that game
I forgot Val was on that team and is also playing here

I'm not currently scum reading Val but I guess there's a chance

Top Bottom