Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 9: Sega vs Nintendo - The Race for the Next Generation

Nightingale

Administrator
We've only seen Iwata and Itoi once each. I wonder if that is a sort of scum joat. Different characters for different effects.

Nightingale

Administrator
BN said he'd been blocked, and his will implied that was actually truthful. If someone else was blocked last night - I firmly believe that person is probably a scum joat with different characters for different actions. This makes the logic in me tingle happy feelings.

Nightingale

Administrator
Badger's will is giving me questions... it shows that he did in fact target mazer N3, the night mazer died. But if Badger chose Mazer as a target, why didn't Badger die too?

We know from events N2/D3 that Badger's duplicate copied actions from his target, onto himself. This is evidenced by the fact that Grumpy's, Mazer's, Future's and BN's wills all show both jarrod and badger for N2 - as well as the fact that jarrod and badger shared the vote loss D3.

So if he copied the things used on his target onto himself - why didn't he die with Mazer? He could have been doc'd... but I kinda find him an odd and unlikely target for a doc after grumpy's yeet maybe? Not sure anyone would be worried he'd be killed after that?

Which makes me kinda wonder if the scum have some kind of mind control thing where they forced Badger to kill Mazer. I'm mulling this over though because it was very clearly a red kill, it doesn't show badger's character, it shows Miyamoto as the killer. So the question then is how likely is an ability like that - and would it show the controlled character as the killer, or the person pulling the strings. I could see it being done either way honestly... but the fact badger didn't die with Mazer is curious.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
I think I know what Drey's info is
And I think he's drawing a reasonable conclusion from it. He's correct I can't be cleared if there are two wolves remaining in the game, but I can't be a wolf if there's only one.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Badger's will is giving me questions... it shows that he did in fact target mazer N3, the night mazer died. But if Badger chose Mazer as a target, why didn't Badger die too?

We know from events N2/D3 that Badger's duplicate copied actions from his target, onto himself. This is evidenced by the fact that Grumpy's, Mazer's, Future's and BN's wills all show both jarrod and badger for N2 - as well as the fact that jarrod and badger shared the vote loss D3.

So if he copied the things used on his target onto himself - why didn't he die with Mazer? He could have been doc'd... but I kinda find him an odd and unlikely target for a doc after grumpy's yeet maybe? Not sure anyone would be worried he'd be killed after that?

Which makes me kinda wonder if the scum have some kind of mind control thing where they forced Badger to kill Mazer. I'm mulling this over though because it was very clearly a red kill, it doesn't show badger's character, it shows Miyamoto as the killer. So the question then is how likely is an ability like that - and would it show the controlled character as the killer, or the person pulling the strings. I could see it being done either way honestly... but the fact badger didn't die with Mazer is curious.
I'm not really sure I follow the reasoning on why Badger would die with Mazer, maybe it's a mech thing that I missed?

I told you Badger really did visit Mazer, though, lol

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
I'm not really sure I follow the reasoning on why Badger would die with Mazer, maybe it's a mech thing that I missed?

I told you Badger really did visit Mazer, though, lol
Wait nvm, I misread what you wrote. I thought you said that Badger copied his target's action, not that he copied the actions targeting his target. Are we sure that's how the duplicator works?

Nightingale

Administrator
Wait nvm, I misread what you wrote. I thought you said that Badger copied his target's action, not that he copied the actions targeting his target. Are we sure that's how the duplicator works?
Yes. Jarrod was a lightning rod N2, so all actions *should* have just hit him - including badger's which we see is true in Badger's will - he targeted jarrod N2. But that should also mean everyone else only targeted jarrod night 2, and in every will we have seen since we have both jarrod and badger. Everything that hit jarrod, also was copied onto badger because of his ability.

And this is further supported by the fact one of the things that hit jarrod that night was a vote steal ability - which also ended up affecting badger. And he himself said that day he did not believe he was the original target of the vote steal - logically because he knew he'd targeted jarrod and would have copied anything that happened to him onto himself.

Nightingale

Administrator
I am like 99% positive I understand what Drey is thinking now - I think he's drawing the wrong conclusion from it, but that can be proven with the right yeet today.

One of MTR or Tildey is Miyamoto.
I am 99% positive wind is a scum joat.

Wind - which of Tildey or MTR would you prefer to yeet today and why?

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Yes. Jarrod was a lightning rod N2, so all actions *should* have just hit him - including badger's which we see is true in Badger's will - he targeted jarrod N2. But that should also mean everyone else only targeted jarrod night 2, and in every will we have seen since we have both jarrod and badger. Everything that hit jarrod, also was copied onto badger because of his ability.

And this is further supported by the fact one of the things that hit jarrod that night was a vote steal ability - which also ended up affecting badger. And he himself said that day he did not believe he was the original target of the vote steal - logically because he knew he'd targeted jarrod and would have copied anything that happened to him onto himself.
Ok, I think I get it now. Maybe Badger's role had a condition where he only duplicated non-killing roles onto himself, though? That's pretty much the only explanation I can think of.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
I am like 99% positive I understand what Drey is thinking now - I think he's drawing the wrong conclusion from it, but that can be proven with the right yeet today.

One of MTR or Tildey is Miyamoto.
I am 99% positive wind is a scum joat.

Wind - which of Tildey or MTR would you prefer to yeet today and why?
Honestly, I haven't looked much at either one of them, aside from what they've said since I subbed in. They've both been active, though, and the timing of Tildey's jump to defend me as soon as Drey claimed info on me was a bit strange. And I kinda also disagree with her take that the Badger kill makes me look better.

Sure, Matthieu was pushing his info as proof that Badger killed Mazer, which obviously did not turn out to be true, but I took the info as just info and not a redcheck (or purplecheck lol) and decided it wasn't really that big of a deal. Granted, I thought Badger seemed pretty earnest in insisting there must've been a mistake, and seeing Mazer in his logs still baffles me as to why he'd lie about it, unless he was unknowingly redirected. But anyway, I digress. As a wolf I'd probably want to kill someone I couldn't misyeet, so Badger dying is in no way clearing for me (and I know that most of you guys don't know my meta, so I am telling you xD)

Vote: Tildey

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Vote Count
1 - Tildey (WindwardAway)

Not Voting: Dreyski, Jarrod1983, LemonDemonGirl, MTR, Nightingale, Tildey, Val the Moofia Boss

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
@Tildey @MTR - now that BN/future are both confirmed red, what do you make of matthieu's insistence that badger was purple, his focus on purple as a threat, and his vote on grumpy instead of future; the person badger actually asked people to vote for initially?
Well I can see that Badger targeted Mazer the night he died which would explain why he thought Badger was the way to go. I feel this goes to help clear Windward. But you do have a interesting observation with the vote thing there.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
I am going to be defending myself this day phase and probably getting frustrated the whole time. My reads have been way off this whole game which is also frustrating. So going to try to sit back a little and read things over again with maybe fresh eyes. I am not the way to go. I don't have anyone that I can try to point this moment though. I also don't think Tildey is the way to go but that is a meta read and well my reads have been bad this whole game. I only had Ninja and Future pegged pretty much at the same time as everyone else but was wrong on others. So ugh.

Nightingale

Administrator
I am going to be defending myself this day phase and probably getting frustrated the whole time. My reads have been way off this whole game which is also frustrating. So going to try to sit back a little and read things over again with maybe fresh eyes. I am not the way to go. I don't have anyone that I can try to point this moment though. I also don't think Tildey is the way to go but that is a meta read and well my reads have been bad this whole game. I only had Ninja and Future pegged pretty much at the same time as everyone else but was wrong on others. So ugh.
There is absolutely a wolf between wind and Tildey. Which one do you think it is?

Nightingale

Administrator
Ya know what. No, I'm honestly having a hard time figuring out which of Tildey or MTR is miyamoto right now, and asking them who they are sus of isn't going to help since one of them *has* to be town, but neither of them are reacting the way I would in their place.

@Dreyski - N2 when we had the lightning rod we saw four distinct red characters act. This team began with five wolves and we have killed three. Your info proves wind is one of them.

Vote: Windward

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
There is absolutely a wolf between wind and Tildey. Which one do you think it is?
I feel Tildey is town and if I had to pick between the two it would be Windward.

Tildey is more of a read and Windward more on just looking at things

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Vote Count
2 - WindwardAway (Nightingale, Jarrod1983)
1 - Jarrod1983 (Val the Moofia Boss)

Not Voting: Dreyski, LemonDemonGirl, MTR, Tildey

Dreyski

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
2. Claws - Super Mario 64 (Mafia Killer)
6. FutureHold - Koji Kondo (Mafia Genius)
9. Blind Ninja - Hiroshi Yamauchi (Mafia Manipulator)

That leaves
Shigeru Miyamoto
Satoru Iwata
Shigesato Ito

We've only seen Iwata and Itoi once each. I wonder if that is a sort of scum joat. Different characters for different effects.

That would be a sound argument. I think six mafiosi would be inbalanced, especially since town has been kind of underpowered this game. Given that only Miyamoto acted last night, I have to apply Occam's razor, where the simplest explanation is the most valid:
Vote: WindwardAway

Dreyski

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
Don't make me :squint: you.

A little thought experiment Jarrod. If you weren't purple, who would you say is acting most purple, and are their intentions pure for town? I'm leaning into the meta here, and although ultimately Sega screwed Sega, Sony and the Playstation did not help things along, especially with the $299 reveal as seen N2

Nightingale

Administrator
I'm still leaning MTR as Miyamoto I think.

I was pinged by Tildey saying Badger's death made it look like wind's story had some credence - but then MTR did the exact same thing when he showed up. And I know one of these two has to be Miyamoto.

So one is town that is just being misled by what they perceive, and the other is scum that is trying to protect wind.

And Tildey had a couple of posts yesterday in sequence while talking to me that felt like genuinely trying to solve actions in a way scum wouldn't need to.

Nightingale

Administrator
Don't make me :squint: you.

A little thought experiment Jarrod. If you weren't purple, who would you say is acting most purple, and are their intentions pure for town? I'm leaning into the meta here, and although ultimately Sega screwed Sega, Sony and the Playstation did not help things along, especially with the $299 reveal as seen N2
I know jarrod is purple XD and he's done nothing I see as anti-town.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
I'm still leaning MTR as Miyamoto I think.

I was pinged by Tildey saying Badger's death made it look like wind's story had some credence - but then MTR did the exact same thing when he showed up. And I know one of these two has to be Miyamoto.

So one is town that is just being misled by what they perceive, and the other is scum that is trying to protect wind.

And Tildey had a couple of posts yesterday in sequence while talking to me that felt like genuinely trying to solve actions in a way scum wouldn't need to.
Why are you convinced it can't be both of them, if it's a scumteam of 5? Unpartnered, or just because my slot exists?

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Vote Count
3 - WindwardAway (Nightingale, Jarrod1983, Dreyski)

Not Voting: LemonDemonGirl, MTR, Tildey

This is a console wars themed game. Town is SEGA, mafia is Nintendo, and purple is Sony Playstation. All three of them are competitors. And the popular history is that SEGA dies here and the lack of a disc drive on the N64 results in important devs like Square jumping ship to Playstation which results in Sony's dominance of console gaming until the Wii happened. I would not be surprised if Sony Playstation's/purple's wincon isn't to just survive, but to be the last man standing. For all I know he's an SK who hasn't been using his kill so he looks good in the writeups, and will then shoot at the end.

Nightingale

Administrator
This is a console wars themed game. Town is SEGA, mafia is Nintendo, and purple is Sony Playstation. All three of them are competitors. And the popular history is that SEGA dies here and the lack of a disc drive on the N64 results in important devs like Square jumping ship to Playstation which results in Sony's dominance of console gaming until the Wii happened. I would not be surprised if Sony Playstation's/purple's wincon isn't to just survive, but to be the last man standing. For all I know he's an SK who hasn't been using his kill so he looks good in the writeups, and will then shoot at the end.
I did consider something like this early on, but no. I firmly believe jarrod is not a threat to us. If - and only if - game the doesn't end with the removal of the last wolf should jarrod be a concern.

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Conversation seems to have died down and with today being a holiday for America, I don’t see it picking up much. It’s rare for our entire household to have the same day off so I plan on enjoying my time with them. There is yummy foods to be eaten and prep to be done for the new puppy coming on Saturday. In all honesty, I don’t know what I could add to the conversation beyond what has already been said anyway and I don’t want to miss voting.

I know I’m town, so if taking Foxxi’s advice to not tinfoil LDG, Val, or Drey then today’s vote comes down to Windward or MTR. I understand Val’s stated concerns about purple, but I agree with forge assessment that so far, purple hasn’t acted in a way that appears harmful to town and can be dealt with if getting rid of red isn’t enough to end the game. At this point, MTR’s thoughts seem to be in alignment with my own. Could it be a trick? Sure, it’s mafia, but that can always be explored more next day. I wanted to give Windward the chance to speak since they were a late join, but nothing has really been said that is compelling enough to ignore Matthieu’s behavior leading up to the personnel change.

Vote: Windward

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Vote Count
4 - WindwardAway (Nightingale, Jarrod1983, Dreyski, Tildey)

Not Voting: LemonDemonGirl, MTR

Jarrod1983

Scum Hunter
Cracking Up Lol GIF

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
At this point I don't really have anything else to add either and won't be around. I am going to do another throw away vote and let LDG hammer so we all have votes in. Catch you all on the flip side.

Vote: Drey

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Vote Count
5 - WindwardAway (Nightingale, Jarrod1983, Dreyski, Tildey, LemonDemonGirl)
1 - Dreyski (MTR)

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
DAY SIX

Vote Count
5 - WindwardAway (Nightingale, Jarrod1983, Dreyski, Tildey, LemonDemonGirl)
1 - Dreyski (MTR)

----------

With the holiday coming up and HAL Labs had done so much work for Nintendo, they decided the development company could take an extended break.

WindwardAway has been eliminated. She was HAL Labs, Mafia Jack-of-all-trades.

N1: Val
N2: Jarrod, Badger
N3: Target failed
N4: MTR
N5: -

----------

It is now Night Six. You have until 7pm EST on Friday, Nov. 24th to submit your night actions. Day Six will begin at 8pm EST.

Living Players
1. @MTR
3. @Val the Moofia Boss
7. @Jarrod1983
8. @LemonDemonGirl
9. @Tildey
10. @Nightingale
12. @Dreyski

Dead Players
1. VoidKitten - Virtua Fighter (Town Gladiator)
3. CWE - Sonic & Knuckles (Town Searcher)
4. GrumpyCat - Vectorman (Town Delayer)
5. Mazer - Comix Zone (Town JOAT)
7. Peter Griffin - Sega 32x (Town Vanilla)
8. Insaner - Square (Town Vanilla)
10. Badger - Sega Saturn (Town Duplicator)
11. WindwardAway - HAL Labs (Mafia Jack-of-all-trades)

Last edited:
Night 6 Results/Day 7 Start

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
NIGHT SIX

Olaf Olafsson was pushing more ad campaigns, trying to take advantage of the stir to lock down the gaming market.

Despite all the hits they had taken, Sega was still insistent on leaking as many rumors about Sonic X-treme as possible.

Elsewhere, Panzer Dragoon still had a lot of hype generating interest for the company. Shigeru Miyamoto tried to do everything he could to ruin the Sega marketing, but Panzer Dragoon completely mitigated that this month.

----------

It is now Day Seven. With 7 players alive, 4 votes are required for a hammer.

The phase ends at 8:00pm EST on Sunday, November 26th.

Living Players
1. @MTR
3. @Val the Moofia Boss
7. @Jarrod1983
8. @LemonDemonGirl
9. @Tildey
10. @Nightingale
12. @Dreyski

Dead Players
1. VoidKitten - Virtua Fighter (Town Gladiator)
3. CWE - Sonic & Knuckles (Town Searcher)
4. GrumpyCat - Vectorman (Town Delayer)
5. Mazer - Comix Zone (Town JOAT)
7. Peter Griffin - Sega 32x (Town Vanilla)
8. Insaner - Square (Town Vanilla)
10. Badger - Sega Saturn (Town Duplicator)
11. WindwardAway - HAL Labs
(Mafia Jack-of-all-trades)

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Vote Count
1 - Tildey (Nightingale)

Not Voting: Dreyski, Jarrod1983, LemonDemonGirl, MTR, Tildey, Val the Moofia Boss

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Vote Count
2 - Tildey (Nightingale, Jarrod1983)
1 - Val the Moofia Boss (LemonDemonGirl)

Not Voting: Dreyski, MTR, Tildey, Val the Moofia Boss

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
I'm pretty sure Matthieu/Winds Will actually clears MTR - which means it's Tildey.
Vote: Tildey
Why? Because they targeted MTR on N4? I wouldn’t say that clears him. It wouldn’t be the first time scum targeted a teammate in an effort to muddy the waters.

Nightingale

Administrator
Why? Because they targeted MTR on N4? I wouldn’t say that clears him. It wouldn’t be the first time scum targeted a teammate in an effort to muddy the waters.
Because the action I see on N4 that would have been Matthieu's looks very much like a roleblock. And Miyamoto also acted that night, if he was roleblocked he can't be Miyamoto.

Which leaves you because I am still positive Drey, Val and LDG are town.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Well I would say whoever Panzer Dragoon is knows who Miyamoto is. They seem to be the town roleblock and got it right last night to prevent red from getting a kill off.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Well Dragoon blocked me one night and it was not last night so yeah I am clear.

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Are we sure Panzer blocked Miyamoto though? Reading it through again, an alternative read could be that Panzer protected Sega.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
I have gone back and forth on doc or role block from different write ups. I have leaned role block but I can see it being a doc

GAME END

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
DAY SEVEN

Vote Count
4 - Tildey (Nightingale, Jarrod1983, Dreyski, Val the Moofia Boss)
1 - Val the Moofia Boss (LemonDemonGirl)

Not Voting: MTR, Tildey

----------

Shigeru Miyamoto had all the pieces in place. He was ready to completely destroy the competition and make it so Nintendo regained their monopoly over the gaming space. But first thing was first. He had to take care of the lightwork.

3DO has been eliminated. 3DO was Neutral Jester.

He dusted off his hands as he turned around to see the forces of Sega and Sony standing right behind him.

“Oh, alright, fine. I guess we can share the market. But you -”

He points to Sega’s camp.

“- you won’t last much longer. Enjoy it while you can. Before you know it, your Blue Blur will just be another face in a Nintendo ensemble game.”

Sega was kind of confused by this, but they figured a win’s a win. All while the members of the Sony Computer Entertainment marketing team were laughing maniacally, knowing that they had succeeded and would soon take over the world as the most dominant video game company.

Tildey has been eliminated. She was Shigeru Miyamoto, Mafia Godfather.

SEGA AND SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT WIN!!

YOUR SURVIVING WINNERS
1. MTR - Sega CD (Town Vigilante)
3. Val the Moofia Boss - Sonic the Hedgehog 3 (Town Searcher)
7. Jarrod1983 - Sony Computer Entertainment (Neutral Survivor)
8. LemonDemonGirl - Yuji Naka (Town Tracker/Watcher)
10. Nightingale - Sega Technical Institute (Town Delayed Cop)
12. Dreyski - Panzer Dragoon (Town Jailer)

Screenshot_2023-11-25_at_1.02.39_AM.png

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Thanks for playing everyone. I know this was definitely a frustrating game for scum, but I think a lot of chance led to the domino effect that took them down. Had Claws not got caught by killing Void, I think this game gets a lot closer to the wire.

At some point tomorrow, I'll post all the roles with the hidden mod notes.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
As y'all may have noticed, town was a bit weak in comparison to everything scum was able to do. But there were a lot of things that could happen to make town more powerful(like CWE and Val finding each other), and that's also why I put in things like the Gladiator counter. Overall, though, I feel it didn't end up mattering too much as scum were pretty fucked on their actions for a lot of these nights.

Also, massive thanks to @WindwardAway for subbing in to an awful spot. That's the first time I've had someone just straight up leave a game before so I didn't really know what to do, but I felt it unfair to leave Tildey by herself. Hopefully both him and Claws can get the break/cool down they need and come back renewed.

Roles

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Yuji Naka - Town Tracker/Watcher

You are the true father of Sonic the Hedgehog. Your game design took the blue blur to new heights, and you plan to continue breaking new ground with Nights Into Dreams. Every night, you may use one of these abilities:

**Nights Into Dreams(Track)**: Choose a player and learn who they targeted.
**Sonic the Hedgehog 2(Watch)**: Choose a player and learn who targeted them.

You can not use the same ability twice in a row.

**Win Condition**: Eliminate all threats to Town.

Sega Technical Institute - Town Cop

You’ve had some success helping develop Sonic the Hedgehog 2, but now you have the chance to push Sega to new heights with Sonic X-treme. The development is hell and delays keep happening, but you’re still determined to get work done.

Every night, you may use Sonic X-treme, which allows you to target a player and learn if they are TOWN or NOT TOWN. You won’t get the results until the beginning of the following night.

Mod Note: If Yuji Naka dies, every other result will come the same night. If all Saturn games die, the results will always be immediate.

Panzer Dragoon - Town Jailer

You’re still deep in development, but there’s something special being built on your foundation. There are hopes that you will protect and hold the Sega Saturn down as long as the other games do their job as well.

On odd nights, you will be able to choose a player who will be roleblocked and protected from harm. On even nights, you will be able to choose a player to protect from harm.

Virtua Fighter - Town Gladiator

You’ve been a hit in the arcades, and the promise of a near-perfect port has fans excited for the future of Sega. You have a lot to prove.

Once at any time, you may choose a player to gladiate. The current or following day’s lynch will only be able to be on you or the player of your choice. No Lynch is not an option.

Mod Note: If Virtua Fighter dies before using Gladiator, the next day’s lynch will be forced between the killer and a random town player OR between two people on their wagon of their choosing.

Sonic the Hedgehog 3 - Town Searcher

You are a great game that is ultimately incomplete. As much as you push the flagship series into masterpiece territory, you’re still…missing something. Maybe that lock-on technology Sega built into your companion game could help out.

On Odd Nights, you will choose a player, and if they are Sonic & Knuckles, something special will happen.

Mod Note: If they choose Sonic & Knuckles, they will become mason lovers. They will become ascetic to everything but kills, 1-shot bulletproof, gain a 1-shot Oracle, and a 1-shot Desperado.

Sonic & Knuckles - Town Searcher

You are a great game that is ultimately incomplete. As much as you push the flagship series into masterpiece territory, you’re still…missing something. Maybe that lock-on technology Sega built into you could help out.

On Even Nights, you will choose a player, and if they are Sonic the Hedgehog 3, something special will happen.

Mod Note: If they choose Sonic the Hedgehog 3, they will become mason lovers. They will become ascetic to everything but kills, 1-shot bulletproof, gain a 1-shot Oracle, and a 1-shot Desperado.

Comix Zone - Town Jack-of-all-Trades

While your gameplay didn’t break the mold much, your stylized presentation captured the imagination of many 90’s youth. You do have a couple tricks up your sleeve to make the purchase worth it.

Every night, you will be able to use one of four abilities; You may use them in any order, but you must cycle through all of them before using an ability again. The abilities are:

**Bus Drive**: Choose two players and anyone who targets one will target the other.
**Beguiler**: Any action that happens to you will happen to your target instead.
**Follow**: Choose a player and learn what kind of action they used.
**Rolestopper**: Choose a player and they will not be targetable by anyone else that night.

Vectorman - Town Delayer

A bit of a hidden gem on the Sega Genesis, you are undeniably ahead of your time. It would take years before people could appreciate the greatness you exhibited.

Every night, you may one of these abilities:

**Delay**: Choose a player and their action will be delayed until the following cycle. The action will still take place even if the player died before it could take place.
**Amplify**: Choose a player and their action will happen before any other action.

You may not use an ability twice in a row.

Sega Saturn - Town Duplicator

You are an amazing idea that is ultimately being diminished by bad business ideas and mounting competition. But you have a strong library of games ahead, and you plan to use your power to get the most out of them.

3x during any night, you may choose a player to duplicate. You will copy their action and learn the same info(if any) as them. Additionally, any action taken on them will also be taken on you.

Mod Notes: If Sega Saturn is tracked while duplicating, the tracker will learn the target of the duplicated action, not who they duplicated. Once each, if targeted by Yuji Naka or Panzer Dragoon, they will be able to duplicate the ability on a second target of their choosing.

Sega CD - Town Vigilante

You will be remembered by many as another piece of the pile of overambition that sunk Sega as a console company. But the truth is that you have a killer library of games and aren’t afraid to use them to leave players knocked on their feet.

2x during any night, you may choose a player to kill. You will only get the second kill attempt if you miss the first time. If you hit non-town with the first kill, you will not be able to use the second shot.

Sega 32x - Town Vanilla

Let’s face it: you were a bad idea. That said, the best anyone can hope for is that the couple good games you have will keep you alive long enough to help Sega succeed.

You have no abilities other than the power of your voice and your vote.

Square - Town Vanilla

You are left a bit neutralized by the limitations Nintendo has placed on you and its hardware. You want to push the boundaries of what video gaming can be as an art form, but Nintendo does not seem keen on your vision of the future. You are not able to do much, but you are damn happy to see Nintendo get the pressure to evolve that they need.

You have no abilities other than the power of your voice and your vote.

Mod Note: If targeted by Sony Computer Entertainment, they will become a Neutral Survivor in a private chat. The win condition remains the same, but only one of the two survivors need to remain at endgame. They will also get access to a 1x kill

Sony Computer Entertainment - Neutral Survivor Jack-of-all-Trades

Your mind is on revenge, but your revenge comes in the form of success. Nintendo screwed you over and you want to make them pay with their decision. And in the meantime, why not make waves and take over the gaming market?

Each night, you will have to use one of a list of abilities. Each ability can be used once each. You can not withhold until all abilities are used up. Your abilities are:

**Bus Driver**: Choose two targets. Anyone who targets Player A will target Player B, and vice-versa.
**”$299”**: Choose a target. All actions of the night phase will be redirected to that player.
**Flavor Cop**: Choose a target. Their flavor role will be revealed to you.
**Neighborizer**: Choose a target. They will enter a permanent private chat with you. No claiming is allowed. They will also be untargetable that night.
**Roleblock**: Choose a target. They will be unable to carry out any night actions.
**Framer**: Choose a target. Any investigation on them will turn up negative.

**Win Condition**: Survive until Town or Mafia win.
Mod Notes: If Sony targets Square with any of these actions, none of the bad effects will happen and they will enter a private chat with Square and become a second survivor partner. Survivors do not count towards mafia numbers and must be dealt with to achieve majority.

Shigeru Miyamoto - Mafia Godfather

When it comes down to brass tax, you’ve always been the Godfather of Nintendo. Without your game design genius and your creation of the most prolific plumber to ever be merchandised, Nintendo never becomes the juggernaut it is today. Therefore, you have a lot of power in the company and protections in place.

You will show up as TOWN for all cop investigations. You also are 1x bulletproof. The bulletproof will only protect you from kills, *not* lynches. You also have access to a few abilites:

**Vote Steal**: Choose a target and you will steal their vote for the day, making your vote worth double. The extra vote will not be visible, but the player will be informed that they lost their vote that day. This ability can not be used in LYLO.
**1x Hammer Kill**: As a result of a mafia lynch, you can choose to kill the hammer voter or the closest non-mafia player to it.
**1x Governor**: Makes a player unavailable to vote for the current or following day phase. This will be announced publicly but anonymously. Any votes present on that player will be reset.

With Nintendo’s massive influence, the entire scum team also has 3x doctor ability as a free action for use on any night. This is not assigned and therefore does not have to be carried by anyone.

**Win Condition**: Become the majority of players in the game.

Hiroshi Yamauchi - Mafia Manipulator

Shigeru Miyamoto may be the superstar with all the influence, but you’re still the President of Nintendo, and nothing happens in this company without your say. You plan to use your respect and influence to make sure everything turns out advantageous for your company as the next console generation emerges.

On any night, you may use one of three abilities:

**1x Loved**: Choose a player and make it so it takes one more vote to hammer them.
**1x Hated**: Choose a player and make it so it takes one less vote to hammer them.
**1x Ability Steal**: Choose a player and remove their abilities while absorbing them for your own use on following nights.

These abilities are permanent.

With Nintendo’s massive influence, the entire scum team also has 3x doctor ability as a free action for use on any night. This is not assigned and therefore does not have to be carried by anyone.

Super Mario 64 - Mafia Killer

The world may not know it yet, but you’re about to revolutionize the gaming world by fully realizing a 3D platformer. But you have to make sure that none of Sega or Sony’s efforts even stand a chance. They don’t call you the “killer app” of the N64 for nothing.

Each night, you may carry out the team’s kill. On any night, you may opt to modify your kill:

**1x Strongman**: Your kill can not be blocked or protected.
**1x Ninja**: Your kill can not be detected.
**1x Cannoneer**: At any point, you may opt to withhold your kill. For each night you withhold, you may unleash that many kills when used.

Mod Notes: The strongman kill overrides everything but an amplified action. The ninja kill will prevent all forms of investigation. If Super Mario 64 is eliminated, the kill becomes an assigned factional. The player carrying the kill will opt to use their abilities or the kill.

HAL Labs - Mafia Jack-of-all-Trades

You are the unsung heroes of Nintendo that are slowly becoming more and more sung. With star developer Satoru Iwata, the enigmatic genius Shigesato Itoi, and hit games like the Kirby series, Earthbound, and the new Pokemon IP, you have a roster of heavy hitters ready to do some damage for Nintendo.

On any night, you may use one of the following abilities:

**Roleblock**: Choose a target and they will not be able to act on that night.
**Rolecop**: Investigate a player and learn the name of their role.
**Silence**: Choose a player that will not be able to post on the following day. They can vote, but it will be done in private and only reflected in vote counts.

No ability can be used twice in a row. Additionally, you will be able to choose whether the ability appears as Satoru Iwata, Shigesato Itoi, a Kirby Game, Earthbound, or Pokemon Red & Green.

Koji Kondo - Mafia Genius

You are perhaps one of the greatest composers in the video game world, and many consider you as much. While your heart is filled with great intentions, you are ultimately part of the Nintendo machine, and with your infectious and mind-grabbing tunes, you have the power to entrance all.

Each night, you will be able to use one of these abilities:

**1x Mega Bus Drive**: Choose two pairs of players. All actions directed towards one player in a pair will be directed to the other of the pair.
**1x Gif Posting**: Choose a player to only post gifs other than their vote for the following day.
**1x Posting Gimmick**: One player must adhere to a posting gimmick of your choice(within reason) for the following day.
**1x Fog**: This night, all non-mafia will have a 50% chance of action failure.
**1x Charm**: Everyone that targets a player of your choosing will target you instead with all positive results where relevant and no negative effects.

**Win Condition**: Become the major
ity of players in the game.

Mafia Mod Note: Last surviving member of mafia will be able to use an ability and a kill in the simultaneously. Additionally, each action will require its own roleblock.

Jarrod1983

Scum Hunter
Thanks for the game Psycho.

Happy to get a win. To be honest, I was going into this just trying to create some chaos which is why I pushed to save Claws so hard just because I thought it'd be fun to go the opposite way of where the day phase was headed. I didn't know Claws was scum but thought it'd be fun if he survived.

Then when I hit $299 on Badger, I thought the scum kill was going to be directed at him but then he didn't die.

At around this point Foxxi had me pegged as purple and I figured fuck it just roll with town.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah, I think if I use the lightning rod ability, I'm gonna have it so the doc action gets nullified. Of course, the downside here is that in this case, you would have been dead, so it worked out.

I was so hoping that the day you bus drove you would have done Foxxi/Insaner, because you would have gained a partner.

Jarrod1983

Scum Hunter
Yeah, I think if I use the lightning rod ability, I'm gonna have it so the doc action gets nullified. Of course, the downside here is that in this case, you would have been dead, so it worked out.

I was so hoping that the day you bus drove you would have done Foxxi/Insaner, because you would have gained a partner.
Yeah at that point I was trying to kill a scum so I swapped those two in case they targeted Foxxi for murder.

Nightingale

Administrator
@Matthieu -- I'm sorry I made you feel frustrated enough to walk away from everything like that. I genuinely believed you were saying the same things you've said before and only trying to make others feel bad for you as a tactic to get support.

There was however, a very good reason Badger wasn't being held accountable for what happened to grumpy. I'd just gotten cop results for both Jarrod and Badger: jarrod not town, badger town. So I *knew* jarrod was the purple, not badger. Granted I did legit feel that behavior was a town badger - but getting those results gave me full confidence.

I hope you get to relax and feel better, and I am sorry my actions made you that unhappy.

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
Nah, it's fine. I wasn't actually frustrated or wanting to give up my position as a moderator. I just knew that my usual tactics wouldn't work since nobody was buying it so I decided to go a step further with the dramatics in the hope that it'd help my team win or at least distract away from them somewhat.

In hindsight, it wasn't the smartest plan after all so I'm sorry if there's any bad blood over it. Scum were incredibly unlucky and in an unusual position where at one point Insaner guessed exactly who was on the team. With so many players steadily cleared as 'almost certainly town' I just didn't know what else to do.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Nah, it's fine. I wasn't actually frustrated or wanting to give up my position as a moderator. I just knew that my usual tactics wouldn't work since nobody was buying it so I decided to go a step further with the dramatics in the hope that it'd help my team win or at least distract away from them somewhat.

In hindsight, it wasn't the smartest plan after all so I'm sorry if there's any bad blood over it. Scum were incredibly unlucky and in an unusual position where at one point Insaner guessed exactly who was on the team. With so many players steadily cleared as 'almost certainly town' I just didn't know what else to do.
But did you have to delete the discord mafia server?

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
I figured we'd all moved over to the other one, though in hindsight I should've just transferred ownership.

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Isn't it beautiful how far he is willing to go for sake of his team.

Rumor has it that Badger has a Matthieu tribute game planed as a reward. Stay tuned.

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
I very rarely, if ever, vote on my team mates. I suppose that's a good way to figure out who is likely allied with me when I'm scum. 😅

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him

For the record, this is a play that is discouraged in my games and should be discouraged across the forum. Having a moment of emotional passion is one thing, but abandoning the game, especially with premeditation as a tactic, is unfair to the players and the gamerunner. You didn't cross it with me or your teammates before doing it, which leaves me as a gamerunner in an awkward position and your teammates in an ever worse spot than you were already in. Needing, or even just wanting, to step away from a game with a reasonable heads up is understandable. Things happen and this game can get heated. But it It effects player morale overall.

I don't mean to dig in. I'm not trying to make you feel worse than you already may about it. But this is me making statement that goes for everyone.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him

Lmao

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
So I think this game has confirmed for me that I'm sticking with the will system for most of my games going forward. I felt this game relied on a solid balance of reads and information, and the split roles and lack of target confirmation kept people confused on some of the mechanics a bit longer than normal. And I think the sort of drama of seeing the will from a flip made things exciting at times.

I also really enjoyed using the video games because the idea that each action was someone playing, buying, or promoting a game/console allowed the vague nature of the writeups to make actions less obvious. Kind of similar to when Jarrod did the list of wrestling matches/segments where things weren't as obvious. Of course, this will always depend on flavor.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
So I think this game has confirmed for me that I'm sticking with the will system for most of my games going forward. I felt this game relied on a solid balance of reads and information, and the split roles and lack of target confirmation kept people confused on some of the mechanics a bit longer than normal. And I think the sort of drama of seeing the will from a flip made things exciting at times.

I also really enjoyed using the video games because the idea that each action was someone playing, buying, or promoting a game/console allowed the vague nature of the writeups to make actions less obvious. Kind of similar to when Jarrod did the list of wrestling matches/segments where things weren't as obvious. Of course, this will always depend on flavor.
I toyed with the idea of the will not revealing the targets all at once, but when the player dies, the previous writeups were edited to show their targets. Ton more work for mod, but isn't a large info dump all at once.

Take MTR for example. Him being targeted was clear right off the bat which shaped Foxxi's read. If the target had been written in the writeup, it would have taken more effort to review and then analyze what happened again.

I'm curious how that would work because I agree that I like the will system.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
I toyed with the idea of the will not revealing the targets all at once, but when the player dies, the previous writeups were edited to show their targets. Ton more work for mod, but isn't a large info dump all at once.

Take MTR for example. Him being targeted was clear right off the bat which shaped Foxxi's read. If the target had been written in the writeup, it would have taken more effort to review and then analyze what happened again.

I'm curious how that would work because I agree that I like the will system.
I think you brought that up at one point and I kinda like that too. Only slight difference is I think this way worked out at times to where they saw the target but still couldn't quite figure out the writeup action without the language of the usual writeups. It's a small thing though and I think both methods would be cool to implement.

Top Bottom