Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 9: Sega vs Nintendo - The Race for the Next Generation

Nightingale

Administrator
I don't think a scum Drey bothers to come in and argue BN is town - no matter what alignment you think BN might be, that makes no sense. Drey is being town read, and with Insaner/peter being town all he'd need would be one more yeet not on him and he'd be golden.

I think if I'm wrong on one of my towncore it's probably MTR.

I'm still inclined to think Tildey is just town here

Nightingale

Administrator
In fact... thinking back on it, MTR said he'd lost his vote D2 - but iirc he never actually tried to vote to *show* that. And we KNOW jarrod's lightning rod pulled in an *actual* vote thief abilty, which got copied onto badger because badger's ability used on jarrod caused him to get a copy of everything that hit jarrod.

And no one had any issues voting yesterday. I expect no one will today either.

I am strongly suspecting that was actually a one shot ability and MTR lied about his lack of vote D2 because it was a convenient excuse not to have to vote claws - and then once someone else was actually affected by it, it would lend credibility to what he'd said.

Poe: matthieu/BN/MTR

Jarrod1983

Scum Hunter
I thought MTR addressed his statement and set the record straight that he did not lose his vote. I think he just didn't vote.

I will say I've been getting scum thoughts about MTR this entire game. I need to catch up, I missed this, sorry about that etc stuff that he usually says when he's scum. Also not saying it's false and I'm sure he's busy, it just seems easier to use real life schedules when scum as to why you're lagging behind, I've done it before too.

Nightingale

Administrator
I thought MTR addressed his statement and set the record straight that he did not lose his vote. I think he just didn't vote.

I will say I've been getting scum thoughts about MTR this entire game. I need to catch up, I missed this, sorry about that etc stuff that he usually says when he's scum. Also not saying it's false and I'm sure he's busy, it just seems easier to use real life schedules when scum as to why you're lagging behind, I've done it before too.
He didn't lose his vote on D3 - the day you and badger did. He claimed he had lost his vote the day before - D2, the day we yeeted claws.

Jarrod1983

Scum Hunter
He didn't lose his vote on D3 - the day you and badger did. He claimed he had lost his vote the day before - D2, the day we yeeted claws.
Did he? Honestly don't remember that but was too busy thinking you were Rufio, Claws was Pan and I was Pockets that day, so I didn't take much out of that phase.

Nightingale

Administrator
Did he? Honestly don't remember that but was too busy thinking you were Rufio, Claws was Pan and I was Pockets that day, so I didn't take much out of that phase.
Yes he did. I'm gunna go dig up the post, and make sure my memory is serving me that he didn't actually try to vote

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
Sony Computer Entertainment continued aggressively pushing their ad campaign with a release of demo discs for future games. There was a rumor that the discs replaced a deal that was originally intended for another company.
It sure does sound like a cult to me...

Nightingale

Administrator
I don't try to get reads on people off d1. So many people me included just shit post or only half serious post day 1. I am also terrible at reads so I would rather try to get reads later on. I only sometime spread sheet.

I got my vote stolen so while that doesn't clear me because I am not sure what action in the write up indicates that if any. Just wanted to throw that out there as I am reading through things.
Here is the post saying his vote was stolen - which interestingly was not his first post that day, this was his second post that day. And he never did actually try to vote to show he was telling the truth.

Nightingale

Administrator
Did matthieu seriously just ask why survivor roles exist? And walk back on what color he thinks badger is? When badger was pivotal in turning the tide in yeeting claws? XD

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
Did matthieu seriously just ask why survivor roles exist? And walk back on what color he thinks badger is? When badger was pivotal in turning the tide in yeeting claws? XD
I'm not 'walking back' anything, I can't claim but I have good reason to believe that Badger is not to be trusted. You'll see if you yeet me today, as I said both yesterday and today.

I'm sure you're only doing this because you and Jarrod are doing what Blind Ninja and Void Kitten did during the previous game, though.

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
Yeah, whatever. This'll be my last game for a while, if not permanently. I'm tired of people either not showing up to play at all or sabotaging the game for whichever faction is unlucky enough to not get their backing - in this case, town. Like I said, it's just a repeat of the previous game.

Badger

“70% Furry, 30% Filthy, 100% Fun”
Pronouns
he/him
Sorry CWE, you know what I’m like lol!
Vote: Matthieu

Attachments

• AD5E4F09-D202-4882-A578-4EC887E13B69.png
    AD5E4F09-D202-4882-A578-4EC887E13B69.png
    101.9 KB · Views: 5

Jarrod1983

Scum Hunter
Yeah, whatever. This'll be my last game for a while, if not permanently. I'm tired of people either not showing up to play at all or sabotaging the game for whichever faction is unlucky enough to not get their backing - in this case, town. Like I said, it's just a repeat of the previous game.
I didn't play the last game. I don't feel like I'm sabotaging anything though if this is directed towards me.

Nightingale

Administrator
I didn't play the last game. I don't feel like I'm sabotaging anything though if this is directed towards me.
It's not. Matthieu does this all the time - and then he'll laugh after the game about it was all just for the game. To be fair this behavior specifically is NAI -- but I will be genuinely surprised if he means any of that - he's become the boy that cried wolf with this particular stunt.

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
Yeah, whatever - last post. There's absolutely no reason why Badger shouldn't have been yeeted for getting Grumpy killed and I've only been signing up for a while now to help keep our numbers up but I can't do this anymore. Too many people get a free pass due to silly reasons and there's no real adherence to the gentleman's agreement of keeping things fun for the team that already faces an uphill struggle in the first place.

So mod kill me, I guess. Night can claim outright to be purple and a survivor (which if true, would result in a mod kill) and you'll just go along with it. So whatever, I saw Badger kill Mazer and I couldn't target Night due to having a hide or commute mechanic.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Also alignment of his or not I’m genuinely frustrated at Peter. It’s not so much voting me but the fact every game he votes me (it could be anyone) then disappears? Honestly sick to the fucking back teeth of it! Why play?

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
I've left the discords related to the games, feel free to remove me from a moderator position. It's nothing personal, as such, but like I said - I can't do this anymore and should have taken a break/quit sooner rather than let this frustration bottle up over time. If the mood ever strikes me to return in due time, I'll approach you guys.

Thank you, genuinely for both the good times and the weird times.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Never mind me, hurts the rest of us trying to actually play!

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Sorry. Meanwhile back to the game.

The milk is red and vote him. Just hoping there’s no further shenanigans with him.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Dinne mind switching to BN to confirm Mazer info but either way, one of these guys needs to go.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Well they both need to go but you get the point lol

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
That's the furthest I've seen him take that particular AtE - he's still confirmed scum though.
Indeed. This is the most active I’ve actually seen him.

Just hope Val joins the train but you know…

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Val is 20 times semi-skimmed milk but you know lol

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Also up until the last string of posts had (and still do) Dreyski as confirmed town.

It was bloody weird him saying BN was town re-reading all the actions and the Mazer stuff but hey-ho.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
In fact... thinking back on it, MTR said he'd lost his vote D2 - but iirc he never actually tried to vote to *show* that. And we KNOW jarrod's lightning rod pulled in an *actual* vote thief abilty, which got copied onto badger because badger's ability used on jarrod caused him to get a copy of everything that hit jarrod.

And no one had any issues voting yesterday. I expect no one will today either.

I am strongly suspecting that was actually a one shot ability and MTR lied about his lack of vote D2 because it was a convenient excuse not to have to vote claws - and then once someone else was actually affected by it, it would lend credibility to what he'd said.

Poe: matthieu/BN/MTR
You are not wrong about me being town. I am town. I did not lie about not being able to vote on D2. I guess I could have voted to prove I couldn't vote like others did on D3 but just didn't cross my mind to prove it and no one asked me to prove it.

I did notice that no one said they had their vote stolen last phase. So not sure what is going on with that ability since we saw it two days in a row. I was confused about how two people were hit with it on D3 but you started talking lightning rod which made sense.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Wait did he seriously just like quit.

I mean I have gotten frustrated at times but I don't think anyone took the fun out of last game.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Going to keep going here though. So didn't expect to see Insaner go last night. Interesting to see two vanilla town on the flips of him and PG.

I was going to jump back on and talk more after work yesterday before bed thinking we were not close to a hammer when you guys took out Future. That was a little frustrating since I didn't get a chance to vote. Glad we got scum but still.

So I am still not seeing Badger as scum from that move to Grumpy after BN was saved. But Mattieu is saying he saw him kill Mazer. Assuming Matthieu is town I wonder if there was some misdirect or something. Just seems like there was that lightning rod type affect we we have seem people target more than one person in their wills so lots of things going on and that could cause info to be wrong.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Going to keep going here though. So didn't expect to see Insaner go last night. Interesting to see two vanilla town on the flips of him and PG.

I was going to jump back on and talk more after work yesterday before bed thinking we were not close to a hammer when you guys took out Future. That was a little frustrating since I didn't get a chance to vote. Glad we got scum but still.

So I am still not seeing Badger as scum from that move to Grumpy after BN was saved. But Mattieu is saying he saw him kill Mazer. Assuming Matthieu is town I wonder if there was some misdirect or something. Just seems like there was that lightning rod type affect we we have DX people target more than one person in their wills so lots of things going on and that could cause info to be wrong.
We are DX and I am the HHH to Mazer’s Shawn who looks better than Shawn bald. But no car park shenanigans!

Nightingale

Administrator

So I am still not seeing Badger as scum from that move to Grumpy after BN was saved. But Mattieu is saying he saw him kill Mazer. Assuming Matthieu is town I wonder if there was some misdirect or something. Just seems like there was that lightning rod type affect we we have seem people target more than one person in their wills so lots of things going on and that could cause info to be wrong.
I do not like this post.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
It is now really weird there’s no Spidermans now present mod excused…..

Future has probably got a spare costume but Tildey’s has probably had enough washing that at 60 degrees

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
I was also going to make a spreadsheet/bedsheet pun but fear our toad might not be happy with that.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Airing dirty House of MTR laundry…

I should probably stop in case CWE has a post-dead tomato kill and I’m the next Caito….let’s be honest though I’ll never stop.

Whatcha gonna do brother???

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
You are all forewarned as there might just be more of these jokes at the Rumble!

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Tildey is gonna have to sort these naughty boys out but she’s probably used to it. Probably Diva also used to it.

Well this was a little sour. I'd hope it is just a heat of the moment thing.

Vote: Badger

This isn't a pity vote. Matthieu has been stubbornly sticking to Badger, even though it hasn't gained traction. I'd imagine if he didn't genuinely think he had Badger dead to rights he would have given up and gone for a different push rather than wasting his vote on a train that isn't taking off and drawing the ire of other players, Nightingale in particular, and we know as scum that you don't want to be the subject of Foxxie's scrutiny. If you aren't articulate then dueling with her in the public game thread is kind a lost cause. Also, if Matthieu was scum then he probably has at least 1 or 2 more team members left and I doubt he would abandon them like this, either by wasting his vote and drawing the attention of town and effectively becoming deadweight or by quitting halfway through a game. So it is more probable to me that Matthieu did actually see something about Badger.

Though now that I think about it, I do think there was a game where Matthieu was scum and deliberately dug himself deeper and when you read the scum chat it turned out he was trying to deflect away from them, but I forgot the details so I don't know how applicable that is to this situation.

Nightingale

Administrator
I am absolutely positive badger is town. I have information that convinces me of that - and if that isn't enough there is how D3 went down. Badger was the counter train to future/BN and when the votes were dropped off of BN it left badger in the lead.

There are two possible scenarios here:

1) the votes were dropped off of BN by a non-scum action - in this scenario the very first reaction of supposedly scum badger was to beg for future to be voted - who flipped scum just this last phase. I really don't think that a scum's first reaction to finding themselves in the lead of votes is to call for one of their teammate's elimination instead. Not to mention future showed up and put badger even *further* ahead of any potential saves just because badger called for people to vote him.

2) the votes were dropped off BN by a scum action - in this scenario if badger is scum the team willingly chose to drop votes off of BN and leave a hypothetical scum badger in the lead - and no matter what alignment you think BN might be that is *odd* -- for supposedly scum
Badger to then beg for people to yeet scum future instead. This would mean either scum dropped votes off a town BN to potentially make it fall on scum badger who begged for scum future to be yeeted, or that scum dropped votes off of scum BN onto scum badger to beg for a scum future yeet. Nothing about this scenario makes sense.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Well this was a little sour. I'd hope it is just a heat of the moment thing.

Vote: Badger

This isn't a pity vote. Matthieu has been stubbornly sticking to Badger, even though it hasn't gained traction. I'd imagine if he didn't genuinely think he had Badger dead to rights he would have given up and gone for a different push rather than wasting his vote on a train that isn't taking off and drawing the ire of other players, Nightingale in particular, and we know as scum that you don't want to be the subject of Foxxie's scrutiny. If you aren't articulate then dueling with her in the public game thread is kind a lost cause. Also, if Matthieu was scum then he probably has at least 1 or 2 more team members left and I doubt he would abandon them like this, either by wasting his vote and drawing the attention of town and effectively becoming deadweight or by quitting halfway through a game. So it is more probable to me that Matthieu did actually see something about Badger.
Insaner kinda brought it up. Now he’s flipped green, he might very well be correct. There is the possibility that scum might have a plan and have had Matt put himself out there like this. Matt may very well have a BPV/Iron Collar etc.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
I mistook the information I thought I had on Grumpy. I wasn’t wholly confident in it but given the game event circumstances of BN being saved and there was admittedly a bit of self-preservation here but at that time had to go for it.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Unvote: Matthieu

He might very well spin this but only coming off for now because I want and hope do consider this possibility of Insaner’s theory. May very well go back on.

Dreyski

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
Are we dealing with a four, or five, strong mafia? I've gone through the writeups and Miyamoto is a lock. Active in the intro, every night (n2 might be flavour) and twilight N2.
As for the other candidates, there's:
Yamauchi (intro & n2)
Iwata (n2)
Itoi (n3)
There are other names mentioned in red (Kirby, Earthbound), but my theory is that these are powers/effects.

What bearing does this have on the game? Assuming Nightingale is right about Matthieu (and I will wait to see if he gets modkilled), we're down to either one or two scum, and our neutral faction. I may have to walk back on BN based on the flavour round Koji's N3 action.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Are we dealing with a four, or five, strong mafia? I've gone through the writeups and Miyamoto is a lock. Active in the intro, every night (n2 might be flavour) and twilight N2.
Yamauchi (intro & n2)
Iwata (n2)
Itoi (n3)
There are other names mentioned in red (Kirby, Earthbound), but my theory is that these are powers/effects.

What bearing does this have on the game? Assuming Nightingale is right about Matthieu (and I will wait to see if he gets modkilled), we're down to either one or two scum, and our neutral faction. I may have to walk back on BN based on the flavour round Koji's N3 action.
I also have the feelings game names might represent actions.

Nightingale

Administrator
Yamauchi (intro & n2)
Iwata (n2)
Itoi (n3)

I'd been operating under the thought they began with 5 - but this is a good point. I'd been counting earthbound etc as players. And considering we've seen 2 VT's and other than mazer the joat none of the town roles we've seen are all that powerful. I could see it being possible they only started 4 strong.

Nightingale

Administrator
Well. I suppose that's a bit of guesswork. No idea what town searcher is - but CWE's will only said tequila is tasty, so I'm assuming whatever he was it wasn't something major powerful. And town delayer is negative utility - powerful possibly if they hit their targets right, but more likely to hinder than help.

Nightingale

Administrator
Wait, no. Claws. Claws was super mario 64 - which isn't on your list there. So if all the names are also players that would be five total

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Well. I suppose that's a bit of guesswork. No idea what town searcher is - but CWE's will only said tequila is tasty, so I'm assuming whatever he was it wasn't something major powerful. And town delayer is negative utility - powerful possibly if they hit their targets right, but more likely to hinder than help.
My guess is town searcher is a neighbouriser and he might have been recruiting (in a good way).

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Or possibly searching for somebody town very specific.

Dealing with a massive hangover right now but will try and go through the write-ups again at some point.

Nightingale

Administrator
Maybe. But his will had no player targets, so if he was supposed to be searching for someone all he searched for was a bottle of tequila it seems XD

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
We need to do another CWE-inspired game where water and soft drinks are scum/neutral and tequila is cop or something lol

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
A Calzone from Marmaris to feed the king might just inspire me later as well as the need now for solid food

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Maybe. But his will had no player targets, so if he was supposed to be searching for someone all he searched for was a bottle of tequila it seems XD
It could be scum somehow messed with his will or something,,,no sure but he must have had targets

Nightingale

Administrator
I've been going over it all night in my head, and if what I think I know is wrong, and matthieu is telling the truth and that does actually result in a modkill.... what the actual fuck. If it does though, I don't think psycho would handle that in the middle of a day... so
Unvote: Matthieu
Vote: Blind Ninja

Nightingale

Administrator
If Matthieu isn't just bullshitting then he legit thinks he saw badger kill Mazer. But I have no clue how he came to the conclusions he did.

If he were a tracker and saw badger visit mazer, that could make badger suspicious - but it wouldn't mean he was the only visitor and there are plenty of potential town roles that would want to visit other towny players, so I don't see how he would reach full on war-path certainty.

If he were a watcher and saw badger was the only player to visit Mazer that would warrant that kind of certainty - but it doesn't explain why he decided to say Badger was purple. Nor does it explain why he got so focused on trying to convince everyone that purple is a threat against all the evidence that says otherwise. Or why he wouldn't have just said he had strong reason to think badger killed mazer to begin with instead of that badger lied about grumpy.

Nightingale

Administrator
Personally I thought yesterday that he was possibly implying a roleblock on badger and since there was a lack of a purple action that night that was why he was convinced badger was purple, and was trying to use what he thought was legit info to save BN/future.

Dreyski

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
My guess is town searcher is a neighbouriser and he might have been recruiting (in a good way).
Thats was my thought as well. I remember seeing it in Justice League 2 (the Shazam kids) and Cheers (Norm/Norm's wife) but it's not exactly common. If CWE's will doesn't tell us anything, who could Sonic & Knuckles have been searching for?

Nightingale

Administrator
And Badger being red just makes zero sense to me.

His vote on claws made it a tie, which along with CWE's vote that followed allowed us to actually get the yeet off - plus it's clear claws had some kind of vengeful mechanic. Whether it was last on the train or random, I don't see badger risking that. If it were last on train at the point he voted that could have ended up being him for all he knew, and if it were random he would be putting himself into a pool of only four other people with no certainty others would join - and indeed only one more did. Not great odds.

Then there's what happened with BN's train which I already outlined... and I really feel like the complete lack of surprise on BN's part leans that action heavily into being a scum action... and why would scum drop votes off of BN and put scum badger at risk, who then panic'd and wanted everyone to vote scum future?

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Thats was my thought as well. I remember seeing it in Justice League 2 (the Shazam kids) and Cheers (Norm/Norm's wife) but it's not exactly common. If CWE's will doesn't tell us anything, who could Sonic & Knuckles have been searching for?
There was also Psycho’s Turtle game where lotjx/Metalhead/CWE (though lotty was purple) were recruiting people into a chat. Kinda wondering if it’s something like that.

The will not showing targets sounds to me either a scum action (janitor-like kinda kill) or maybe just to do with his role where he can’t have his targets revealed.

Nightingale

Administrator
I dunno? But it may not even be a character we've seen do anything. If CWE was searching for a specific player/character that person may not do anything themselves? And thinking on it, that could be why his will didn't have a target. If he had found whatever he was looking for and then stopped looking and died it could make people feel like the last target in his will was confirmed town maybe? I unno, that feels a bit convoluted even to me as I typed it XD

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
There was also Psycho’s Turtle game where lotjx/Metalhead/CWE (though lotty was purple) were recruiting people into a chat. Kinda wondering if it’s something like that.

The will not showing targets sounds to me either a scum action (janitor-like kinda kill) or maybe just to do with his role where he can’t have his targets revealed.
Actually now leaning more on the latter that he can’t have his targets revealed because essentially outing town.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Vote Count
2 - Badger (Matthieu, Val the Moofia Boss)
1 - Matthieu (Jarrod1983)
1 - Blind Ninja (Nightingale)

Not Voting: Badger, Blind Ninja, Dreyski, Jarrod1983, LemonDemonGirl, MTR, Tildey

Nightingale

Administrator
Drey, LDG, and Val are all town I am fairly confident. MTR and Badger both may be town, one may not be, but only one. Jarrod is purple 3p

That leaves BN, Tildey and Matthieu.
Practically speaking if Matthieu actually just walked away from this he is no longer a priority. If he's scum he's a scum that's no longer participating, having left the discord server and thereby whatever chat he might have had. Either way if he's really quit and not going to play he will either be replaced or modkilled eventually I would think.

I'm going to assume he is town for now since him being scum would be best case scenario for us and I don't want to count on that.

That leaves a poe of: BN/Tildey and potentially one of MTR/Badger - of those I would be more inclined to believe MTR is scum.

Today we should be yeeting BN

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Vote Count
2 - Blind Ninja (Nightingale, LemonDemonGirl)
1 - Matthieu (Jarrod1983)

Not Voting: Badger, Blind Ninja, Dreyski, Jarrod1983, MTR, Tildey

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Vote Count
4 - Blind Ninja (Nightingale, LemonDemonGirl, Jarrod1983, Badger)

Not Voting: Blind Ninja, Dreyski, MTR, Tildey

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Apologies for my absence. I've rejoined the land of the living now and made it through my 1500 work email backlog. Now to make it through enough of the mafia backlog to have an idea where things stand.

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Advice from anyone on how far back I should start as a minimum? Judging by post counts I have a ton to catch up on.

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Given CWE's past experiences with Neighbors it makes sense that he would hang back and observe a little longer rather than search for someone N1.

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
If you're caught up, I would be interested in hearing your thoughts Tildey
I decided to start by re-reading the Day/Night recaps to refresh myself to confirm who died when and to make target notes from the wills. I'm still struggling with the write-up format (chalking that up to not having been around for the discussions). Then I started with the posts at the beginning of this page which told me that I clearly need to start further back than I did. I want to go read D3 posts, I think, to see if I can get a better understanding of N2 fallout. The wills showing multiple people with multiple targets has me intrigued. Some motivator action on steroids?

Nightingale

Administrator
I decided to start by re-reading the Day/Night recaps to refresh myself to confirm who died when and to make target notes from the wills. I'm still struggling with the write-up format (chalking that up to not having been around for the discussions). Then I started with the posts at the beginning of this page which told me that I clearly need to start further back than I did. I want to go read D3 posts, I think, to see if I can get a better understanding of N2 fallout. The wills showing multiple people with multiple targets has me intrigued. Some motivator action on steroids?
The reason you are seeing multiple people N2 is this:
Jarrod used a lightning rod effect, so everyone got pulled onto jarrod that night. Badger's ability did some kind of mirror effect; everything that hit jarrod also hit badger.... so anyone who had successful targetting actions N2 will have hit both jarrod and badger.

Mazer also has BN in his N2 will because he has been delayed N1 by grumpy - so the action Mazer tried to do N1 ended up happening N2 but I'm assuming since it was delayed it wasn't forced into the lightning rod.

Future having four people in his will I haven't figured out yet.

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
The reason you are seeing multiple people N2 is this:
Jarrod used a lightning rod effect, so everyone got pulled onto jarrod that night. Badger's ability did some kind of mirror effect; everything that hit jarrod also hit badger.... so anyone who had successful targetting actions N2 will have hit both jarrod and badger.

Mazer also has BN in his N2 will because he has been delayed N1 by grumpy - so the action Mazer tried to do N1 ended up happening N2 but I'm assuming since it was delayed it wasn't forced into the lightning rod.

Thank you for not making me dig through everything to find that.

Nightingale

Administrator
Thank you for not making me dig through everything to find that.
To be clear, this is my deductive reasoning using the information I see - but no one has said anything that makes me feel it isn't accurate, or at least very close.

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her

With him flipping scum, my guess would be a mega bus drive. We've had a few games now with that action and its the only action I can think of that would have 1 person with 4 targets. I don't know how an action like that would be affected by the lightning rod.

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
With him flipping scum, my guess would be a mega bus drive. We've had a few games now with that action and its the only action I can think of that would have 1 person with 4 targets. I don't know how an action like that would be affected by the lightning rod.
Or maybe a regular bus drive and Jarrod/Badger showed up because of the lightening rod/mirror thing? Like if one or both of them were the original bus drive target?

Nightingale

Administrator
Or maybe a regular bus drive and Jarrod/Badger showed up because of the lightening rod/mirror thing? Like if one or both of them were the original bus drive target?
One of those funky four people bus drives did occur to me, but I'm not really sure why if jarrod was a lighting rod it wouldn't just all end up there. But I also didn't devote that much brain power to trying to figure it out since I'm not really sure understanding *why* future was able to target the people is as important as that he *did*

Nightingale

Administrator
And if it was a busdrive I expect it was nullified anyway since any actions that would have tried to hit those targets would have just gotten pulled onto the lightning rod anyway

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
And if it was a busdrive I expect it was nullified anyway since any actions that would have tried to hit those targets would have just gotten pulled onto the lightning rod anyway
I had a lightning rod related question next because I'm not familiar with how that action works. Would all positive and negative actions be pulled to the lightning rod then get canceled out?

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah I was confused on why no target on night 1 if was a searcher and possibly looking for someone specific

Nightingale

Administrator
I had a lightning rod related question next because I'm not familiar with how that action works. Would all positive and negative actions be pulled to the lightning rod then get canceled out?
Sort of. Like we had no kill that night I assume because we had a doc action I assume, either a standalone doc we haven't lost yet or perhaps Mazer as joat. And since the lightning rod forced both actions onto the same player; no death.

Nightingale

Administrator
But not all actions have a counter per se. Like grumpy's delay clearly didn't delay the lightning rod - presumably because by the time it was pulled onto jarrod there was no longer anything *to* delay.

Nightingale

Administrator
My current thought process is Val, LDG, Drey, and Badger are all town. Jarrod is our known neutral.

That leaves exactly four players: BN, MTR, Matthieu and Tildey

If we began with five wolves, three of those players are scum. We should still have one misyeet barring any extra deaths - so as long as we stick to this we should win. Ideally I would like to avoid the misyeet, and right now I'm leaning Tildey as the town in this group.

Nightingale

Administrator
Matthieu's actions and claim just do not make sense to me from a town pov. If he'd thought he'd seen badger kill mazer then why not just say he had info badger killed him? And even if he thought that was too close to a claim so thought he couldn't - if he thought badger killed mazer why did he tell Insaner badger was purple when he asked? Mazer's death was very clearly a red action.

And the only way seeing someone kill will tell you what color they are is by looking at the write up to see who performed the kill. So his insistence that badger was purple and his focus on trying to convince everyone that purple is a threat despite myself and Insaner pointing out numerous times that all evidence points to the contrary is.... strange at the very least.

I dislike that he seems to have just fully quit, and I feel like shit that he genuinely was that upset.... but his focus on pushing badger and purple specifically feels like an attempt to distract from the actual wolves.

Top Bottom