Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 9: Sega vs Nintendo - The Race for the Next Generation

Nightingale

Administrator
Sorry for not circling back with reads yesterday. I did more reading and nothing sticking out to me like a sore thumb or anything as far as reads go. I know I know I suck but I am terrible at reads.
How do you feel about the people who worked against claws yeet? What do you think of Mazer's info? You don't have to go sherlock holmes on players, but I would like your feelings on what people have said and done please.

GrumpyCat

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah I would suspect town cop wouldnt get a color/alignment while scum cop would.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
How do you feel about the people who worked against claws yeet? What do you think of Mazer's info? You don't have to go sherlock holmes on players, but I would like your feelings on what people have said and done please.
Yeah I was circling back to the Mazer info and that discussion right now. I was a little surprised that there wasn't more discussion on it at the time. At this point I am probably going to be more trusting of people since I am not getting in straight up bad vibes from people. So I may lean with Mazer on this one and vote BN in a bit. But with these writeups so hard to just take some stuff at face value I guess but I don't have any strong vibes at this point.

I am trying to squeeze in some thoughts as I go back and read things again.

Nightingale

Administrator
Yeah I was circling back to the Mazer info and that discussion right now. I was a little surprised that there wasn't more discussion on it at the time. At this point I am probably going to be more trusting of people since I am not getting in straight up bad vibes from people. So I may lean with Mazer on this one and vote BN in a bit. But with these writeups so hard to just take some stuff at face value I guess but I don't have any strong vibes at this point.

Do you have no thoughts or opinions on any of the people who worked against yeeting claws yesterday? You say you don't have bad vibes from anyone, does that mean you think there were no scum trying to prevent his elimination?

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
This was in response to the Future post that set people's alarms off but this seems more damning to me...and I was looking for townie MTR stuff. Ended up thinking about the 'adult pinewood derby' :wtf:
I guess I can see that but that was me being more frustrated at Future for that post when it didn't seem to be needed.

When we go to night phase again I will post a link to the facebook page for the derby for people to check it out.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Do you have no thoughts or opinions on any of the people who worked against yeeting claws yesterday? You say you don't have bad vibes from anyone, does that mean you think there were no scum trying to prevent his elimination?
I am sure there were scum on both people to try to split up their votes while trying to save him. I would say though typically when I have been scum other scum tend to be careful defending a scum partner and doing more deflecting. So I will go back and read more from that phase and see what I can pick up. I have been a little more focused reading through this phase right now.

GrumpyCat

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I dont think i am that interested in eliminating pink right now but if badger actualy flips that it would make me more interesten in those on badger right now. Should be a safe place for scum.

Nightingale

Administrator
The only person on badger right now I'm convinced is town is LDG. I don't see her coming into the day hot to trot with a vote on badger asking what he did if she were scum.

I've no clue what she thinks happened, especially with what looks like a lightning rod effect in play - but I don't think she fakes that.

Nightingale

Administrator
So my read on MTR after the EoD2 was to lean him town. My thought process was that if he were scum and had his vote stolen (even if that had been a lie, which considering today we have two people without, I don't think he was lying about that) then it would be fairly safe for him to have just verbally agreed with me when he said who he would vote if he could. He wouldn't have to actually do it since he couldn't, but it would be a tick in his favor if claws did go over, then or sometime later, to have seemed willing or okay with the idea.

The only thing I could see that maybe would counteract that would be some fear that even just verbally supporting a claws yeet would continue to push things in that direction maybe.

But so far, today is making me question that read. I know he's not the sort to make seriously in depth analysis of players, but I do feel like he generally has a bit more thoughts about people than this when he's town. Being sick could be part of that, but that also could explain just dropping in and saying he'd vote drey - not feeling well enough to think about how his answer looked strategically, just support the buddy.

I'm not interested in yeeting him today, I'd much rather yeet future or BN - but MTR should probably get some vetting.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Seriously though. We have like 12 hours left in this phase and neither of the two most suspect people have gone above 2 votes.... am I going to have to beg for us to yeet someone sus again? >.>
I was back and forth on interpretation yesterday.

If I look at yesterday and today (with info) and how reticent people are....I believe the purple group is likely not motivated to help town

Badger

“70% Furry, 30% Filthy, 100% Fun”
Pronouns
he/him
I dont think i am that interested in eliminating pink right now but if badger actualy flips that it would make me more interesten in those on badger right now. Should be a safe place for scum.
Is it because you maybe don’t see purple as a bigger threat? I thought yesterday it looks like they were. Obviously today I would rather go with the info Mazer has provided but just thought the way you phrased that is interesting.

GrumpyCat

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I see both vk and cwe as red kills. Purple could be a threat but even if so there are like 2 of them while it would seem there are 3 red no?

Unvote:
Vote: blind ninja

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
Unsure how trustworthy actions can be from last night.

I can get behind some of the lynch targets people brought up for the same reasons they stated.

Vote: Future

wonder if they got caught by Abbi's Law again

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
I see both vk and cwe as red kills. Purple could be a threat but even if so there are like 2 of them while it would seem there are 3 red no?

Unvote:
Vote: blind ninja
I can also see both of these as red kills.

If I was teamed with Claws, I would have tried to convince him to not go after VK on N1, knowing how it would make him look in general. Also wouldnt go with a CWE kill there. As scum, I would feel there are more important threats to get rid of.

GrumpyCat

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
We played as scum together and you were someone who liked to go against strong players and do ballsy moves.

I dont think killing vk would make claws look bad as well. Id say if he wasnt in thunderdome he would survive rather easily.

Nightingale

Administrator
I can also see both of these as red kills.

If I was teamed with Claws, I would have tried to convince him to not go after VK on N1, knowing how it would make him look in general. Also wouldnt go with a CWE kill there. As scum, I would feel there are more important threats to get rid of.
No offense, but the first part of this is just wifom. I can easily see you agreeing to murder Void because I know you wanted him dead too and if anyone looked your or claws way for it you could just argue it would be insane and look too bad to do. Kinda exactly like you tried to do yesterday to argue against choosing claws.

As for CWE the fact I wasn't the target doesn't convince me that was a choice - I think after the way yesterday went I would have been the target of *any* scum team if they could choose there. I think it may have just been last on the train, or random... so not sure that clears you either.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I reiterate again that I have town read you pretty early in every game I played with you where I was town. It didn't make me a wolf then and it doesn't make me a wolf now.

I have several things I want to say in response to that.

1) I unvoted not long before going to bed for the night and I wasn't going to change my vote after that.

2) I was the main person who was resisting the Claws yeet. By dropping my support, I made it so that there was no longer anyone pushing for a case for other villagers to get behind, essentially condemning Claws.

3) When I unvoted I believe it made the trains 6-2. I figured that with this spread and you campaigning for Claws as hard as you did he was very likely going to get yeeted anyway.

4) I thought that if I had made the votes 7-2 then it would seal the deal right then and there. I wanted there to be some lingering hope for potentially changing the result of the yeet in case Claws was mafia so that any would be partners would decide to go for it and show their hand. I knew that it would also create the risk of the yeet actually going the wrong way but I thought this that risk was very small and it was worth it.

This is consistent with the rest of my play this game as I have been deliberately playing for info almost the entire time.

5) "People should have done what I wanted because I wanted it" is not a logical argument.

I'm not exactly sure what this rant is all about because I have described an instance of me considering your thoughts in my previous reply.

Feel like with the vote 6-3 before you dropped, and dreyski having gained little momentum, that you're taking a fair amount of credit for just dropping a vote "condemning claws". I'm not mad at anyone who wasn;t all the way sold on claws. But this feels revisionist and opportunistic

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
No offense, but the first part of this is just wifom. I can easily see you agreeing to murder Void because I know you wanted him dead too and if anyone looked your or claws way for it you could just argue it would be insane and look too bad to do. Kinda exactly like you tried to do yesterday to argue against choosing claws.

As for CWE the fact I wasn't the target doesn't convince me that was a choice - I think after the way yesterday went I would have been the target of *any* scum team if they could choose there. I think it may have just been last on the train, or random... so not sure that clears you either.
I can see you point... but there are other people I want dead too. VK isnt the 1st on that list.

In any event, I would say mazer's "info" is incorrect on me. Especially with the tomfoolery that appears to have happened last night

Nightingale

Administrator
I can see you point... but there are other people I want dead too. VK isnt the 1st on that list.

In any event, I would say mazer's "info" is incorrect on me. Especially with the tomfoolery that appears to have happened last night
So who do you think may have been trying to defend claws, other than future? Or do you think all the resistance I met was just stubborn town?

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
In addition to the reticent, we'd expect there might have been someone earlier on drey.

Unless they were both red. Which I don't lean to, but still haven't ruled out.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Honestly, Insaner moving from Badger to future makes me feel a little better about future.

Not good. Just better.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Vote Count
2 - Tildey (Val the Moofia Boss, Insaner)
1 - Badger (Peter Griffin)

Not Voting: Badger, Blind Ninja, Dreyski, FutureHold, GrumpyCat, Jarrod1983, LemonDemonGirl, Matthieu, Mazer, MTR, Nightingale, Tildey
You're right. It was Tildey.

Ok. I feel equal about Badger. Mildly better about future, and a little better about tildey.

Nightingale

Administrator
If you're basing that on thinking insaner is sus, I wouldn't give future credit for that. His opening post said future is just scum, but he chose to vote Tildey - also in is poe... but why not go with the person he seemed to think was just point blank scum no elaboration needed?

I kinda feel future's play has been bad enough that if he is scum his team is just willing to bus him.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
That might be what I was remembering him. It's a good point. I still have future in my suss pile. And it is possible that a team might prioritize saving a more active player like BN.

And yes, I feel very suss of Insaner. Like if BN wasn't such high probability I would have probably wanted that Insaner to be the competing train.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
This possibly maybe because of the “anti-red flag” bit which I’ve had a look through and think I’ve got it. I’m just gonna say the same thing to Jarrod squared and look closer at my posts and hope they re-read me. For the moment I’ll take an equal

Jarrod1983

Scum Hunter
This possibly maybe because of the “anti-red flag” bit which I’ve had a look through and think I’ve got it. I’m just gonna say the same thing to Jarrod squared and look closer at my posts and hope they re-read me. For the moment I’ll take an equal
You'll always be scum to me Badger. :heart:

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Since nothing I say or do apparently no longer matters to people

Vote: Nightingale

Cause I might as well

Nightingale

Administrator
In addition to the reticent, we'd expect there might have been someone earlier on drey.

Unless they were both red. Which I don't lean to, but still haven't ruled out.
Personally I don't think there is any world in which drey is also red. Claws fought too damn hard for it to have not mattered at all, and in some fringe possibility that claws had a "better" role, I think he would have interacted much differently to try and be somewhat sus, especially considering claws was hamstrung with that restriction.

Nightingale

Administrator

Cause I might as well
O.o yeah I'm sus of you...I've said how I feel about what has happened and you've given explanations. I can see it either way right now - maybe my feelings are right, or maybe I've conf biased myself into seeing you as scum.....which is why I'm not actively saying you should be yeeted. Why is it so important to you that my mind changes on you right now without additional information, when I'm not even going after you?

And why would you just lash out at me like this if you are actually town, just because I am unsure?

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Vote Count
3 - Badger (Peter Griffin, LemonDemonGirl, Matthieu)
3 - Blind Ninja (Mazer, Nightingale, GrumpyCat)
2 - Nightingale (Val the Moofia Boss, Insaner)
1 - FutureHold (Blind Ninja)

Not Voting: Badger, Dreyski, FutureHold, Jarrod1983, MTR, Tildey

6 hours remain. 8 is hammer.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
the Badger train needs to move off. Obviously Blind Ninja makes sense to mr

The Nightingale train is too close to the leaders and with this many weird voting things out there, its not fuck around time

Mazer

Spirit Breaker

Cause I might as well
You have no votes on you. You are on a list, but things can change quickly

Bit of a different reaction to add a vote to the most likely town train

Nightingale

Administrator
the Badger train needs to move off. Obviously Blind Ninja makes sense to mr

The Nightingale train is too close to the leaders and with this many weird voting things out there, its not fuck around time
Problem is I don't see it happening. I doubt any of @Peter Griffin @LemonDemonGirl or @Matthieu show back up to move their votes. Matthieu is the only one I think might, but given how absent he's been I'm not holding my breath =\

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
O.o yeah I'm sus of you...I've said how I feel about what has happened and you've given explanations. I can see it either way right now - maybe my feelings are right, or maybe I've conf biased myself into seeing you as scum.....which is why I'm not actively saying you should be yeeted. Why is it so important to you that my mind changes on you right now without additional information, when I'm not even going after you?

And why would you just lash out at me like this if you are actually town, just because I am unsure?
Once again

The answer to your question lies in the post you're quoting.

You present some reasons that make you think I'm mafia.

I disprove them.

You go "sure but it doesn't clear you"

I just don't feel like I'm being given a fair shake here, is all.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Once again

I disprove them.

Talk to someone that isn’t Foxxi for a change and going to ask you a straightforward question.

How do you really feel about BN and Mazer’s info?

Nightingale

Administrator
Once again

I disprove them.

Once again. You aren't even being considered for yeet today. Why is it so important to you that I change my mind right here and now? Why is your reaction to not being blindly taken at your word to become actively anti-town? How is that helping anything?

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Talk to someone that isn’t Foxxi for a change and going to ask you a straightforward question.

How do you really feel about BN and Mazer’s info?
I buy it. I came into D3 thinking BN was very likely to be mafia. So it didn't take much to convince me.

Nightingale

Administrator
I mean.... the whole point of this game is that people are going to claim their intent and motives are pure and some of them are going to lie. If we just took every explanation at face value we'd never yeet anyone without like a cop check -.-

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Once again. You aren't even being considered for yeet today. Why is it so important to you that I change my mind right here and now? Why is your reaction to not being blindly taken at your word to become actively anti-town? How is that helping anything?
Why would I vote to remove one of the few people that won't just vote me later when all the wolves are gone

Vote: vote Badger

Ayy lmaoo

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Okay this is the biggest stitch-up job since….well last game.

I could swear JP got a new insane(r) account at this point.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
@Dreyski
Once again

I disprove them.

It's possible that the disapprovals are resonating with you more than they do other people. we both know that good scum can make rationalizations make sense on a lot of things. It doesn't mean it's disproven.

As an example, Voting nightingale without any votes on you and just vetting....regardless of explanation offered, would you say it's unfair that people think it looks bad. Cause regardless of rhetoric, it looks like you took the first option to get off potentially helpful flips.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
I’m trying to remember if Psycho has done many jesters in his games…

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Being technical he didn’t vote correctly either. Vote:vote

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I’m trying to remember if Psycho has done many jesters in his games…
Not often. And I don't see him doing game ending jesters.

For every time we worry about a jester, there's 10 times when it's someone getting mad about a push.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
@Dreyski

It's possible that the disapprovals are resonating with you more than they do other people. we both know that good scum can make rationalizations make sense on a lot of things. It doesn't mean it's disproven.

As an example, Voting nightingale without any votes on you and just vetting....regardless of explanation offered, would you say it's unfair that people think it looks bad. Cause regardless of rhetoric, it looks like you took the first option to get off potentially helpful flips.

Who all can't vote today? Badger, Jarrod, and mtr?
Oh, that's like

3 town probably

So you guys want my vote now, huh?

Badger

Pronouns
he/him

Hold on a cotton-picking minute….didn’t you say your vote was stolen?

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
For anyone that is wondering what the hell just happened

I got 3 letters

ATE

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
If JP, Rip and Insaner ever met in
Not often. And I don't see him doing game ending jesters.

For every time we worry about a jester, there's 10 times when it's someone getting mad about a push.
The RAW game, just before that I was actually discussing with Psycho that we don’t really get game-ending jesters these days so he actually inspired that cos I thought well let’s change that!

It was such a shame because Psycho did all the right moves except kill one of the k guys (kangus or kdes, can’t remember which one without looking it up) and Psycho called MORRISOOONNNN!!!! correctly hoping it was not a game-ending jester. It sucked for scum that it did.

You and Foxxi working together to nuke Void early on was the only sensible town move that game lol.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
EBWOP if JP, Rip and Insaner met in a game it would be….insane!

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Yeah, I wouldn't trust you not to do that as a gamerunner.

Psych I wouldn't expect.

Jarrod wouldn't.

Foxxi does whatever the fuck she wants, so I guess she could.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Whatever she wants within the rules.

I would also rate her very high as sticking to the set-up strictly.

Lawful Evil gamerunner.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Badger, you may be more neutral good? What do you think?

Please don't let these posts distract anyone from voting correctly

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Kneeneighbor made a sensible move if he didn’t obviously claim “I’m the Undertaker!!!” with a heavy heart had to modkill him but nuking my dead chat on the way out…

I’m conflicted whether to build me one of those Discord servers for my next game that others have. Can do the Discord stuff for chats but setting up private channels and all that could be hard for a technophobe like me.

The PMs for individual roles is probably more comfortable for me. Sorry @Tildey

Jarrod1983

Scum Hunter
Yeah, I wouldn't trust you not to do that as a gamerunner.

Psych I wouldn't expect.

Jarrod wouldn't.

Foxxi does whatever the fuck she wants, so I guess she could.
You never know sir. I also am big on doing something when I game run because no one would expect it.

Nightingale

Administrator
Kneeneighbor made a sensible move if he didn’t obviously claim “I’m the Undertaker!!!” with a heavy heart had to modkill him but nuking my dead chat on the way out…

I’m conflicted whether to build me one of those Discord servers for my next game that others have. Can do the Discord stuff for chats but setting up private channels and all that could be hard for a technophobe like me.

The PMs for individual roles is probably more comfortable for me. Sorry @Tildey
Once you set it up and do a couple you'd get the hang of it. Channels that is, not games necessarily. I could help you set the server up and show you how to run it if you'd like. It'd really not that complex

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Badger, you may be more neutral good? What do you think?

Please don't let these posts distract anyone from voting correctly
From your POV I could maybesee that.

I am going to say though (and it’s up to you how you take this), I have mentioned how I think I have a purple but for my own reasons withholding it at the moment. I am confidentish but just don’t want to put it out there just now.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Once you set it up and do a couple you'd get the hang of it. Channels that is, not games necessarily. I could help you set the server up and show you how to run it if you'd like. It'd really not that complex
Aporeciado, I’ll be in touch after this game x

Nightingale

Administrator
From your POV I could maybesee that.

I am going to say though (and it’s up to you how you take this), I have mentioned how I think I have a purple but for my own reasons withholding it at the moment. I am confidentish but just don’t want to put it out there just now.
Lmao - he was referring to your alignment as a gamerunnner XD

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
As far as gamerunning goes, I do try to be fair at times but also like chaos. Will just say that.

Not gonna reveal all here!!!

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Not quite as bad as Jarrod where everyone can be phoenix downed about five times before true death. Not even the Sephiroth Aerith-piercing sword can kill someone for good!

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Hold on a cotton-picking minute….didn’t you say your vote was stolen?
Yesterday. But I was the only one that had a vote stolen or at least the only one to say that and we have to people with stolen votes this phase. So makes me curious if someone is not telling the truth or if the vote thief can do more than one or if there is more than one vote thief, etc.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
So work is kicking my ass so want to make sure I get the vote in and try to come back if I can though.

Vote: Blind Ninja

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Yesterday. But I was the only one that had a vote stolen or at least the only one to say that and we have to people with stolen votes this phase. So makes me curious if someone is not telling the truth or if the vote thief can do more than one or if there is more than one vote thief, etc.
My guess is from the actions that they can only do one at a time but I suspect I wasn’t a direct target this time but Jarrod was.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
I proved my vote burglary was legit with the PG vote. He was my Guinea pig.

Jarrod1983

Scum Hunter
Not quite as bad as Jarrod where everyone can be phoenix downed about five times before true death. Not even the Sephiroth Aerith-piercing sword can kill someone for good!
This just isn't true. Revives in the Videoland series. All the other games were limited and had a variety of gimmicks.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Vote Count
5 - Blind Ninja (Mazer, Nightingale, GrumpyCat, Insaner, MTR)
3 - Badger (Peter Griffin, LemonDemonGirl, Matthieu)
1 - Nightingale (Val the Moofia Boss)
1 - FutureHold (Blind Ninja)

Not Voting: Badger, Dreyski, FutureHold, Jarrod1983, Tildey

3.5 hours remain. 8 is hammer.

Jarrod1983

Scum Hunter
I'm curious since we're still listed as not voting if we get punished for not voting. I'd be slightly annoyed if so.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
This just isn't true. Revives in the Videoland series. All the other games were limited and had a variety of gimmicks.
In fairness, the videoland trilogy good equate to more than 3 games of time. Much like an author who writes a lot, but has one series that gets a movie made about it.....our minds tend to go to their most famous work quickest.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Vote Count
5 - Blind Ninja (Mazer, Nightingale, GrumpyCat, Insaner, MTR)
4 - Badger (Peter Griffin, LemonDemonGirl, Matthieu, Blind Ninja)
1 - Nightingale (Val the Moofia Boss)

Not Voting: Badger, Dreyski, FutureHold, Jarrod1983, Tildey

ForgottenHold

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
@Tildey @Dreyski @FutureHold @Val the Moofia Boss @LemonDemonGirl

Lots of posts today. PLease don't miss that I'm sharing information on Blind Ninja. I would ask you to consider this strongly before deadline.
Hmmm, if you could be kind, point me to the information, as you said, there have been lots of posts.

I expected more discourse around me, I did pop in then stop talking, but I’m off work right now, so I’ll stick around

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
\
Sony Playstation
Olaf
Steve Race

Yuji Naka
STI
Sega Saturn
Panzer Dragoon
Comix Zone
Vectorman

Shigeru
Hirsohi
Satoru
Koji

Right now, I believe there is a better chance Blind Ninja is red or purple than green.
This one seems relevant

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
since we're close to 24 hours, maybe you and the folks would like to hear some.e hot gossip on blind Ninja.

Word on the street was he acted last night. In a manipulating way.

Cbs News GIF by Wolf Entertainment
Also this one

Top Bottom