Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 9: Sega vs Nintendo - The Race for the Next Generation

Nightingale

Administrator
Oh wait no. I just ISO'd myself.

I need to change Matthieu in the above. I put him as fine, but I forgot he did a "how rude" thing so now I just am obligated to sus him.
I didn't like that reaction either. But I did like him trying to make a call out to the scum in four thing even if he didn't really specify that's what he was doing clearly

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
I didn't like that reaction either. But I did like him trying to make a call out to the scum in four thing even if he didn't really specify that's what he was doing clearly
I missed that originally until it was brought up again that he said things. Now it makes sense what he was referring to.

Nightingale

Administrator
If Future is scum that'll be hilarious. It'd be the second time he specifically was scum with that rule in play XD

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
If Future is scum that'll be hilarious. It'd be the second time he specifically was scum with that rule in play XD
It was one of the reasons I wrote down originally, then changed it, for Claws.

He was specifically the FOURTH person on me when calling for my head from the beginning of the game.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
So in my headcanon, FH and Claws are scum and Claws had FH do it again early to try and push me since he wants me yeeted. Why would scum FH do that otherwise if he was already fucked by it? Of course he wouldn't do it as scum again...or would he?

Nightingale

Administrator
It was one of the reasons I wrote down originally, then changed it, for Claws.

He was specifically the FOURTH person on me when calling for my head from the beginning of the game.
That thought crossed my mind too, but I dunno if claws pays that much attention?

Day 1 Results: No Elimination

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
DAY ONE VOTE

Vote Count
10 - Sleep (MTR, GrumpyCat, Matthieu, VoidKitten, Nightingale, Jarrod1983, Badger, Mazer, Tildey, Dreyski)
5 - VoidKitten (FutureHold, Dreyski, Insaner, Claws, LemonDemonGirl)
1 - Matthieu (Blind Ninja)
1 - Badger (Peter Griffin)
1 - MTR (Val the Moofia Boss)
1 - Claws (CWE)

----------

The video game world was abuzz with the mass of rumors and promised games on the horizon. Whether they were looking forward to the next generation, the last throes of the 16-bit era, or were speculating about would-be sci-fi games that would let you pick multiple paths through a 3-game story, there was plenty schoolyard and publication office discussions about the future of gaming. People were too excited about the possibilities to get into heated debates over what company was better. Everyone was just excited to see what everyone would bring to the table.

Except the Sega 32x. It was unanimously decided that it was an absolute waste of your time and money. Even those who actually bought it.

Meanwhile, the forces of Sega, Nintendo, and Sony were plotting their next moves, with everyone deciding what to reveal before the big E3 event.

----------

It is now Night One. You have until 7pm EST on Friday, Nov. 10th to submit your night actions. Day Two should begin at 8pm EST, but I will be at a concert(that I do not personally care for), so it may be delayed depending on how much I can write before the show. Time compensation will be amended accordingly if necessary.

Living Players
1. @MTR
2. @Mazer
3. @Val the Moofia Boss
4. @Badger
5. @CWE
6. @Matthieu
7. @Jarrod1983
8. @LemonDemonGirl
9. @Tildey
10. @Nightingale
11. @Peter Griffin
12. @Dreyski
13. @Blind Ninja
14. @VoidKitten
15. @GrumpyCat
16. @FutureHold
17. @Insaner
18. @Claws

Night 1 Results/Day 2 Start

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
NIGHT ONE

An argument broke out on a schoolyard over whether or not Sonic X-treme was going to be a sequel to Sonic 3D Blast. A teacher came to shut the argument down, but hearing the topic, decided to hear both sides out.

A head of programming at Sega is reluctant to inform the president that Vectorman is likely to be delayed by a month or two.

A strange, unsettling, but intriguing commercial airs in the U.S. for the Sega Saturn:

The commercial is aggressively countered with a campaign from Sony Computer Entertainment for the upcoming Playstation:

Little Jimmy from down the street was having trouble staying awake at school the next day because he stayed up all night playing Earthbound. Jimmy thought it was worth every second.

One person couldn't stop going on and on about Panzer Dragoon, taking up arms with it proclaiming that it will be a game-changer in the industry.

Shigeru Miyamoto was hard at work overseeing his top project, making sure to revert extra resources to get it done within a desirable timeline.

At a college AV club gathering, it's members were having a deep discussion about video game composers. One said it was an underrated part of the package, and that Koji Kondo’s work left him speechless.

A kid goes into his local Blockbuster, looking at what games to rent. He picks up Sonic the Hedgehog 3 and contemplates. “Eh, I already beat this game.” He puts it back down and rents Shining Force II instead.

A small online community ran a poll to see what upcoming games its members were most excited about. There was a lot of talk about the console port of Virtua Fighter and how it would revolutionize the home fighting game market. It actually managed to reach second. But it was greatly outshined by #1, Super Mario 64. User TurboGrafxGuy76 said that “it’s no question! Super Mario 64 is going to absolutely kill the competition and VoidKitten is dead on arrival in comparison.” Everyone listens to TurboGrafxGuy76, and that became the narrative of the message board.

VoidKitten has been eliminated. He was Virtua Fighter, Town Gladiator

VoidKitten has no will.

----------

Claws and Dreyski were both fired up after reading the online poll. They knew fighting games were superior, but one of them tried to say Street Fighter was the real king. To settle it, they went to the arcade and played a round of Virtua Fighter and a round of Street Fighter to see who's right. It would be a heated battle.

----------

It is now Day Two. Due to the consequences of Virtua Fighter’s death, and the only valid vote options are Claws and Dreyski.

With 17 players alive, 9 votes are required for a hammer.

The phase ends at 8PM EST on Sunday, November 12th.

Living Players
1. @MTR
2. @Mazer
3. @Val the Moofia Boss
4. @Badger
5. @CWE
6. @Matthieu
7. @Jarrod1983
8. @LemonDemonGirl
9. @Tildey
10. @Nightingale
11. @Peter Griffin
12. @Dreyski
13. @Blind Ninja
15. @GrumpyCat
16. @FutureHold
17. @Insaner
18. @Claws

Dead Players
1. VoidKitten

Claws

Mastermind
Video Game GIF by CAPCOM

Dreyski

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
Well we were both on the VK train, but why not Future, Insaner or LDG? Were we the first two on the train?:dunno:

Nightingale

Administrator
Of the two I'm more inclined to vote claws. The fact he called for Void's yeet all day without voting until he wouldn't fall into whatever the rule of scum voting thing is called is pingy as fuck.

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
I don't have a strong opinion on Dreyski one way or another, whereas Claws always comes across as scummy to me in pretty much every game that he participates in.

@Dreyski

@Claws

What are your thoughts on each other and who would you be voting for if we weren't limited to the two of you during this day phase?

Dreyski

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
Just getting my head around Psycho's writeup style:

Little Jimmy from down the street was having trouble staying awake at school the next day because he stayed up all night playing Earthbound. Jimmy thought it was worth every second.
Sounds like a roleblock

One person couldn't stop going on and on about Panzer Dragoon, taking up arms with it proclaiming that it will be a game-changer in the industry.
Not sure. Doctor or motivator?

Shigeru Miyamoto was hard at work overseeing his top project, making sure to revert extra resources to get it done within a desirable timeline.
Did this cause the me/claws choice? Looking at the flavout, may also be a busdriver action

At a college AV club gathering, it's members were having a deep discussion about video game composers. One said it was an underrated part of the package, and that Koji Kondo’s work left him speechless.
Sounds an awful lot like a silencer action.

A kid goes into his local Blockbuster, looking at what games to rent. He picks up Sonic the Hedgehog 3 and contemplates. “Eh, I already beat this game.” He puts it back down and rents Shining Force II instead.
???

A small online community ran a poll to see what upcoming games its members were most excited about. There was a lot of talk about the console port of Virtua Fighter and how it would revolutionize the home fighting game market. It actually managed to reach second. But it was greatly outshined by #1, Super Mario 64. User TurboGrafxGuy76 said that “it’s no question! Super Mario 64 is going to absolutely kill the competition and VoidKitten is dead on arrival in comparison.” Everyone listens to TurboGrafxGuy76, and that became the narrative of the message board.
And that's the kill

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Of the two I'm more inclined to vote claws. The fact he called for Void's yeet all day without voting until he wouldn't fall into whatever the rule of scum voting thing is called is pingy as fuck.
I didn't know that was a thing lol

But without taking D1 into consideration, Claws seems to be lolcatting right now

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I thought LDG's lack of omgusing people on D1 may have indicated she was mafia

But then she popped up to omgus Void so that is no longer valid

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Th
Just getting my head around Psycho's writeup style:

Sounds like a roleblock

Not sure. Doctor or motivator?

Did this cause the me/claws choice? Looking at the flavout, may also be a busdriver action

Sounds an awful lot like a silencer action.

???

And that's the kill
I think psych is being deliberately misleading or at least ambivalent in write-ups. Is this the one where actions are revealed at death?

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Why. What about him made you suspicious? I took your push yesterday as mostly meme pushing him D1 because of past wrongs, not actual feels?
I don't understand why people took it this way. Like I made a post saying "I'm still butt hurt about Void after last game" but in my mind it was clear irony seeing as I wasn't even playing in the last game lmfao. I guess I was just on a different wavelength from everyone else :dunno:

I was gonna make a big post explaining why I scumread Void :D Even debated making one during the night since I won't be able to use a computer for the duration of D2. But then my desire to play Baldur's Gate 3 got the better of me, which probably saved me from a great deal of embarrassing lol

Nightingale

Administrator
I don't understand why people took it this way. Like I made a post saying "I'm still butt hurt about Void after last game" but in my mind it was clear irony seeing as I wasn't even playing in the last game lmfao. I guess I was just on a different wavelength from everyone else :dunno:

I was gonna make a big post explaining why I scumread Void :D Even debated making one during the night since I won't be able to use a computer for the duration of D2. But then my desire to play Baldur's Gate 3 got the better of me, which probably saved me from a great deal of embarrassing lol
I'd just assumed you meant the last game you played with him - which iirc was the game you read him as scum correctly when I did not and no one listened to you.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I'd just assumed you meant the last game you played with him - which iirc was the game you read him as scum correctly when I did not and no one listened to you.
I'm just confused that people thought I was meme pushing Void for a grudge but didn't seem to mind it very much. That's not something I would do as town.

Jarrod1983

Scum Hunter
Th

I think psych is being deliberately misleading or at least ambivalent in write-ups. Is this the one where actions are revealed at death?
I think so. It said Void left no will. Would make sense since he died N1.

GrumpyCat

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I dont get the will stuff. Should i write a logbook like in throne of lies game? That is not explained anywhere or am i blind?

Nightingale

Administrator
I dont get the will stuff. Should i write a logbook like in throne of lies game? That is not explained anywhere or am i blind?
As I recall - the write up will be done in such a way that we won't see who players are targeting, then when someone dies the "will" will show a log of who that player targeted

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I think that that Claws and I had a genuine mind meld on D1. Claws is town. I BELIEVE.

Vote: Dreyski

I don't know if Dreyski is also town. His posts don't really give me a reason to think one way or the other yet.

I don't believe sleep is an option today?

GrumpyCat

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
As I recall - the write up will be done in such a way that we won't see who players are targeting, then when someone dies the "will" will show a log of who that player targeted
So it would mean vk didnt target anyone but yeet targets are still related to his death right? So that is his passive that forces a yeet on players that targeted him or something?

Nightingale

Administrator
So it would mean vk didnt target anyone but yeet targets are still related to his death right? So that is his passive that forces a yeet on players that targeted him or something?
I'd guess he had some kind of passive, but not really sure how it works. It couldn't just be people on his train because dreyski left his train....and besides, he wasn't yeeted. It would be weird I think for a kill to trigger a thunderdome kinda thing with people who'd been voting him.

GrumpyCat

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I was thinking about players that visited him. Not that voted him. At least i hope thats the case. Otherwise claws and dreyski could both be town.

Nightingale

Administrator
I was thinking about players that visited him. Not that voted him. At least i hope thats the case. Otherwise claws and dreyski could both be town.
I don't think so, unless the ability specifically only triggers if there's more than one person who visits. Otherwise it would end up like "you can only vote this one person today" and that'd be lame and boring.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Vote Count
1 - Claws (Nightingale)
1 - Dreyski (Insaner)

Not Voting: Badger, Blind Ninja, Claws, CWE, Dreyski, FutureHold, GrumpyCat, Jarrod1983, LemonDemonGirl, Matthieu, Mazer, MTR, Peter Griffin, Tildey, Val the Moofia Boss

I'm indifferent to Claws and Dreyski. If the scum could target two players then they could have mixed in one of their own trying to make their teammate look good since they were apparently targeted by red names in the writeup.

Nightingale

Administrator
I'm indifferent to Claws and Dreyski. If the scum could target two players then they could have mixed in one of their own trying to make their teammate look good since they were apparently targeted by red names in the writeup.
Pretty sure whatever happened was something involving Void's role and he was town, so I don't think the scum had any say in who got picked. Also how are you getting who the red names targeted? Literally the only target of a red name was Void himself... presumably that was the kill. I am so confused about what you are trying to say here

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I'd guess he had some kind of passive, but not really sure how it works. It couldn't just be people on his train because dreyski left his train....and besides, he wasn't yeeted. It would be weird I think for a kill to trigger a thunderdome kinda thing with people who'd been voting him.
With psych, wouldn't be surprised if vk got to choose the gladiators upon death

CWE

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
So according to Abbi's Law, since I was first to 3 votes

Future, Dreyski, and Insaner likely contain a scum :D
I would think Void would have picked from this list if using their power N1. Unless they chose 1 from the list and the person pushing them day 1 (on a meme).

Vote: Claws
(Vote subject to change)

Badger

“70% Furry, 30% Filthy, 100% Fun”
Pronouns
he/him
If Void had no targets on his will, then wonder what else could’ve targeted plus how did Claws get hit with a gif restriction?

This choice kinda sucks as haven’t seen anything from Dreyski yet and Claws has a restriction.

GrumpyCat

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Nice catch. VK never voted on you, There was no omgus right?
Dude is making things up, you got him.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him

I just read the mod post for N1. I think this is the only writeup that hints at some sort of silencing action. Could it be the one that caused Claws to have this restriction? I suppose it wouldn't necessarily clear him even if it was, since it's a possibility that mafia used it on one of their own. But I still found it interesting to point out.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
He gimmicks every game though. Just let it go and read what he is trying to say. Or ask him to explain it again through his mild insults.

How can you expect PG and LDG to give actual reactions to things on D1 when they typically do not give major opinions even when there are days of info. They give thoughts, but nothing you are going to expect.

Ask them if you want, but take their answer (or non-answer) and vote them or move on.

Nice catch. VK never voted on you, There was no omgus right?
Dude is making things up, you got him.
Well Void didn't specifically call LDG scum but he said something about her that was mildly offensive and it's those types of things that I typically expect to trigger her

That said I'm not actually sure how much I believe in this and what my read on LDG is here

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Grumpy, do you have any opinions on people? This snarky shitposter thing you got going doesn't make it easy to get a read on you.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I earlier had a thought that if we weren't restricted to voting between Dreysko and Claws today, I'd want to prod MTR because of him admitting to not trying to get reads on people. I understand that there are people who don't like to focus on reading people based kn their posts and would rather solve the game via spreadsheeting and action analysis, but it is still something that I associate with scum play as a baseline.

When reading through Void's ISO to find an answer to Grumpy's post, I noticed that VoidKitten was voicing suspicion of MTR on D1. Could be part of the reason why Void was killed?

GrumpyCat

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Of course I have opinions. Although I am not someone you need to have a read on today.

I will make myself easy to read when it becomes necessary.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Of course I have opinions. Although I am not someone you need to have a read on today.

I will make myself easy to read when it becomes necessary.
Oh

So you are like a strong role and trying to not get killed by scum or something?

I could pretend to scum read you if it helps...

GrumpyCat

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I will sheep you. You can say thats scummy. Scum will get an illusion they can yeet me and keep me alive.

Vote: Dreyski

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
If MTR convinced his team to kill VK because he might yeet him one day then yes. But seriosuly? Would MTR be so worried about VK?
Well, in a world where MTR is scum, I don't think there was anyone more outspoken against MTR than VK?

I'm not suggesting that MTR went "Dudes, I think VK is onto me, we need to kill him!" though. It was more of "Well, here are a couple of good options for our kill. But one of them is kinda sus of one of our guys whereas the others don't seem to have caught on yet. So let's kill the dude that's more right than others".

By the same logic, I also think that Foxxi's not dying while being sus of Claws nodes well for him.

Not something to be followed blindly, of course, but it shifts the odds ever so slightly in my view.

Nightingale

Administrator
I'm not loving LDG's aggression at anyone who mentions her. It vaguely feels like the game where she was like "here's a hint if you don't want to be NK'd - be quiet and don't draw attention" or however it was she worded it

Nightingale

Administrator
Well, in a world where MTR is scum, I don't think there was anyone more outspoken against MTR than VK?

I'm not suggesting that MTR went "Dudes, I think VK is onto me, we need to kill him!" though. It was more of "Well, here are a couple of good options for our kill. But one of them is kinda sus of one of our guys whereas the others don't seem to have caught on yet. So let's kill the dude that's more right than others".

By the same logic, I also think that Foxxi's not dying while being sus of Claws nodes well for him.

Not something to be followed blindly, of course, but it shifts the odds ever so slightly in my view.
No. If claws is scum there is no world he would want to kill me for having mild suspicion on him vs taking the chance to shoot Void in the face I don't think. He's vindictive like that. Personally Void's death makes me more sus of Claws.

Top Bottom