Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 9: Sega vs Nintendo - The Race for the Next Generation

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Vote Count
2 - Claws (Nightingale, CWE)
2 - Dreyski (Insaner, GrumpyCat)

Not Voting: Badger, Blind Ninja, Claws, Dreyski, FutureHold, Jarrod1983, LemonDemonGirl, Matthieu, Mazer, MTR, Peter Griffin, Tildey, Val the Moofia Boss

GrumpyCat

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Oh boy this day is a lurkfest. Should I out my result already? Section 2a allows meow.

Nightingale

Administrator
I liked Insaner yesterday because I thought he was openly admitting he was meme pushing Void, and committing to that - unlike Claws who was calling for Void's head most of the day without putting his own vote down until after his vote would fall outside of that law thing.

But then today Insaner says he actually thought Void was scum despite never once pointing at anything he disliked about Void, and at least twice making comments that made me believe there wasn't anything more substantial.

This next part I mentally struggle with because it's something I know I've been burned by before... but I am sus of Claws and because of that Insaner saying he mindmelded with him and thinks he's town, followed by the declaration that me not dying looks good for claws.......Gives me icky feelings. I can't see any reason why Insaner would assume that Claws and I couldn't be partnered. He's treating me like he knows I'm town and I don't like it.

Claws

Mastermind
Sleepy Good Morning GIF by Unscreen

Jarrod1983

Scum Hunter
Scum or not, Claws GIF game is on point and doesn't really even feel like a restriction for him. :chin:

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I liked Insaner yesterday because I thought he was openly admitting he was meme pushing Void, and committing to that - unlike Claws who was calling for Void's head most of the day without putting his own vote down until after his vote would fall outside of that law thing.

But then today Insaner says he actually thought Void was scum despite never once pointing at anything he disliked about Void, and at least twice making comments that made me believe there wasn't anything more substantial.

This next part I mentally struggle with because it's something I know I've been burned by before... but I am sus of Claws and because of that Insaner saying he mindmelded with him and thinks he's town, followed by the declaration that me not dying looks good for claws.......Gives me icky feelings. I can't see any reason why Insaner would assume that Claws and I couldn't be partnered. He's treating me like he knows I'm town and I don't like it.
The thing is, this take on me is so backwards. I never meme push people. Sometimes I push people I genuinely think are scum by using memes as my arguments, but I never push people unless I think that it will help me advance my win condition. So I feel like you are starting with some wrong assumptions about how I would play as town and coming to the wrong conclusion as a consequence.

Like I said, me saying that I was pushing Void because of a grudge was a joke I thought people would get but apparently I was wrong. I'm not going to posthumously scum case Void to prove that my read was real. I just thought his posts were fake lol.

I think the last paragraph of your post is a little jumbled up. I'm not mindmelding with Claws because you are scumreading him? I just think we saw the same thing yesterday with Void. I also think that his push felt genuine. He didn't just state that he scumread Void - I think there was a sense of urgency in trying to eliminate someone he saw as a great danger to town until it was too late. Him accusing Grumpy Cat of possibly defending his partner Void when he did also strengthens this read for me because I think this was a very reasonable reaction for someone who genuinely thought that Void was scum.

You're being a little hyperbolic when you use the word "proclaim" to describe what I said about you and Claws. Let's say that Claws has a 50/50 chance of being mafia before N1. After N1 when someone who was suspicious of Claws doesn't get killed by mafia, then the odds of him being mafia shift to something like 40/60. So it's not something that would single-handedly make me decide his alignment and I will easily overlook it if I have stronger reasons to think he is mafia, but it will be a factor in my thinking if I think that the decision is somewhat close. So far, I have  only reasons to think that Claws is town, and this is but only one of them.

Not sure what you mean by that last part. I think you're both town independently of each other so not sure why I would need to check you two for compatibility as mafia partners. It kinda looks like you projected your own worldview onto me :D

Nightingale

Administrator
The thing is, this take on me is so backwards. I never meme push people. Sometimes I push people I genuinely think are scum by using memes as my arguments, but I never push people unless I think that it will help me advance my win condition. So I feel like you are starting with some wrong assumptions about how I would play as town and coming to the wrong conclusion as a consequence.

Like I said, me saying that I was pushing Void because of a grudge was a joke I thought people would get but apparently I was wrong. I'm not going to posthumously scum case Void to prove that my read was real. I just thought his posts were fake lol.

I think the last paragraph of your post is a little jumbled up. I'm not mindmelding with Claws because you are scumreading him? I just think we saw the same thing yesterday with Void. I also think that his push felt genuine. He didn't just state that he scumread Void - I think there was a sense of urgency in trying to eliminate someone he saw as a great danger to town until it was too late. Him accusing Grumpy Cat of possibly defending his partner Void when he did also strengthens this read for me because I think this was a very reasonable reaction for someone who genuinely thought that Void was scum.

You're being a little hyperbolic when you use the word "proclaim" to describe what I said about you and Claws. Let's say that Claws has a 50/50 chance of being mafia before N1. After N1 when someone who was suspicious of Claws doesn't get killed by mafia, then the odds of him being mafia shift to something like 40/60. So it's not something that would single-handedly make me decide his alignment and I will easily overlook it if I have stronger reasons to think he is mafia, but it will be a factor in my thinking if I think that the decision is somewhat close. So far, I have  only reasons to think that Claws is town, and this is but only one of them.

Not sure what you mean by that last part. I think you're both town independently of each other so not sure why I would need to check you two for compatibility as mafia partners. It kinda looks like you projected your own worldview onto me :D
I hadn't had my coffee yet so it was largely thought dump... and I am trying to avoid making the same error I have previously, of pre-judging someone based on how I feel they're interacting with someone I am sus of.... but your defense of claws while I see zero reason to town read him right now makes me sus of you - and that flowed into you saying me being alive points at claws being clean, when I don't see any reason you should be assuming I myself am town feeling like TMI on me.

Basically I get town vibes from Drey, and scum vibes from claws... and you having the opposite opinion is making it hard for me to decide what to think about you right now.

Nightingale

Administrator
well, I shouldn't just say opposite. You haven't declared you think drey is scum. Opposite opinion of claws specifically.

Jarrod1983

Scum Hunter
I know most of us think that scum would put up 1 town and 1 scum to battle.

Scum are smart enough to know this and might have just thrown 2 towns out here for everyone to choose between.

Nightingale

Administrator
What on earth has he done to make you think he is town? He pushed someone all day that ended up being town, without even placing his damn vote until it looked like he might get his wish - which feels all sorts of slimy to me. The fact that Void then died when claws failed to convince people to yeet him has his paw prints all over it. That's exactly how he operates. It could be argued it's a frame perhaps... but nothing about what he's done says town so I don't get that read at all.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I hadn't had my coffee yet so it was largely thought dump... and I am trying to avoid making the same error I have previously, of pre-judging someone based on how I feel they're interacting with someone I am sus of.... but your defense of claws while I see zero reason to town read him right now makes me sus of you - and that flowed into you saying me being alive points at claws being clean, when I don't see any reason you should be assuming I myself am town feeling like TMI on me.

Basically I get town vibes from Drey, and scum vibes from claws... and you having the opposite opinion is making it hard for me to decide what to think about you right now.
Well, let me put it like this. In a world where I am town, you have read my D1 completely wrong. Given that me and Claws were essentially doing the same thing on D1, it seems a safe assumption that you read Claws D1 wrong as well.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
What on earth has he done to make you think he is town? He pushed someone all day that ended up being town, without even placing his damn vote until it looked like he might get his wish - which feels all sorts of slimy to me. The fact that Void then died when claws failed to convince people to yeet him has his paw prints all over it. That's exactly how he operates. It could be argued it's a frame perhaps... but nothing about what he's done says town so I don't get that read at all.
I explained my read in the previous reply. He was saying the same things I was thinking, and I am town. Make of this what you will.

Nightingale

Administrator
Well, let me put it like this. In a world where I am town, you have read my D1 completely wrong. Given that me and Claws were essentially doing the same thing on D1, it seems a safe assumption that you read Claws D1 wrong as well.
You did the same thing from my eyes in *different ways* I town read you because from my pov you committed and owned the meme push, while Claws hedged it. He wanted Void gone but wasn't willing to put his own vote down to see that happen until muuuuuuch later. Like either he was avoiding that law thing or he was waiting to gauge the room to see if it would get enough traction or something. It felt different.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
You did the same thing from my eyes in *different ways* I town read you because from my pov you committed and owned the meme push, while Claws hedged it. He wanted Void gone but wasn't willing to put his own vote down to see that happen until muuuuuuch later. Like either he was avoiding that law thing or he was waiting to gauge the room to see if it would get enough traction or something. It felt different.
I did no such thing.

Nightingale

Administrator
But I think I'm starting to see your pov... you assumed he wasn't memeing because you weren't actually memeing either.... still think you're just as wrong about claws as you were about Void though.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Vote Count
3 - Dreyski (Insaner, GrumpyCat, CWE)
2 - Claws (Nightingale, Peter Griffin)

Not Voting: Badger, Blind Ninja, Claws, Dreyski, FutureHold, Jarrod1983, LemonDemonGirl, Matthieu, Mazer, MTR, Tildey, Val the Moofia Boss

Badger

“70% Furry, 30% Filthy, 100% Fun”
Pronouns
he/him
Oh boy this day is a lurkfest. Should I out my result already? Section 2a allows meow.
As others have said, please do as any info you have received could be useful.
Scum or not, Claws GIF game is on point and doesn't really even feel like a restriction for him. :chin:
Interesting point but there’s been blanket GIF restrictions in games before. I’ve had it myself so if it is just that then maybe he’s just good at them. Also with this Will system it’s hard to determine if it was scum who gave it to him.

GrumpyCat

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I dont get this whole will system yet. Looks like an ordinary writeup game that shows who did what. it only doesnt show who was the target.
Except the kill i guess.

Badger

“70% Furry, 30% Filthy, 100% Fun”
Pronouns
he/him
Targets are revealed upon death, that’s why it’s their “will”.

The fact that Void flipped straight off means we probably don’t have a reviver this game.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Let me put it another way. Claws said that he really enjoys Total War: Warhammer 3. While I don't think it's a bad game by any means, I think Creative Assembly made a lot of changes that stripped away a lot of things that made Warhammer 2 such a blast for me. The AI factions had a ton of crazy ass buffs in that game that made them extremely powerful but there were a lot of cheesy tactics the player could do to gain an edge and squeeze out a victory against all odds. In Warhammer 3, the AI buffs were toned down a lot even on the highest difficulty and almost all the cheesy stuff the player could do was removed as well. And they gave most of the underdog factions much easier starting positions overall. So this resulted in the experience where you can just mindlessly march all your armies forward and win basically no matter what as any faction, and even when there are setbacks, they never feel like anything truly threatening. Granted, I do appreciate the new factions, and I guess the changes provide for a more immersive experience overall but that's not really what was keeping me playing the game.

But you know what? Despite our differences, Claws and I are still both Total War appreciators. And this is what truly matters here, in the end.

Nightingale

Administrator
I really hope that analogy lands btw
Oh I get what you're saying. I just think you're wrong. I think Claws said he really likes warhammer 3 and then regurgitated some reasons why from some online reviews he'd read, but he's got no clue what the game is actually like.

Nightingale

Administrator
Basically I don't believe he ever actually scum read Void for real. I think his entire argument was whining that Void fooled people in past games without having any reasons *this* game to not like him - and I'm of the opinion now you just saw his lack of backing up his push with reasons as vibing with whatever you thought you were seeing since you were also not explicitly saying what bothered you. You mindmelded with him over the *lack* of explanation effectively.

Claws

Mastermind
Oh I get what you're saying. I just think you're wrong. I think Claws said he really likes warhammer 3 and then regurgitated some reasons why from some online reviews he'd read, but he's got no clue what the game is actually like.

images warhammer GIF

Dreyski

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
Well, that's a thing. I know I'm town, and I suspect Claws is as well, if only because scum Dreyski wouldn't push so hard on D1 becuase of the backlash. But then claws is claws.
Regardless of who goes, I'd be looking towards Insaner and Future as the other names on the Void train, especially when I flip/if Claws flips green.
Cast the die and lets see where we are at day end. And I am going to do what I can to stay in.

Vote: Claws

Nightingale

Administrator
Well, that's a thing. I know I'm town, and I suspect Claws is as well, if only because scum Dreyski wouldn't push so hard on D1 becuase of the backlash. But then claws is claws.
Regardless of who goes, I'd be looking towards Insaner and Future as the other names on the Void train, especially when I flip/if Claws flips green.
Cast the die and lets see where we are at day end. And I am going to do what I can to stay in.

I think you mean scum claws, not scum you? XD

Claws

Mastermind

comedy central no GIF

Nightingale

Administrator
Also drey... your read is kinda backwards. D1 is the day I would expect scum claws to push something like that because - as shown by the fact I seem to be the only one who's taking any issue with how he handled Void - most folks aren't going to condemn someone for being wrong D1. And if I thought Claws had a genuine scum read on Void I'd probably be in the same camp Insaner is right now because, yup... being wrong as town happens.

The issue I have is I don't believe Claws actually thought Void was suspicious. I think he wanted to try to force a yeet on him D1 because that was literally the only time a town Void *might* have gotten yeeted. And whileI kinda think a town Claws would still do that for the lulz of seeing Void be yeeted D1 - I *don't* think a town claws would have pussy footed around with his vote for it.

Claws

Mastermind
Also drey... your read is kinda backwards. D1 is the day I would expect scum claws to push something like that because - as shown by the fact I seem to be the only one who's taking any issue with how he handled Void - most folks aren't going to condemn someone for being wrong D1. And if I thought Claws had a genuine scum read on Void I'd probably be in the same camp Insaner is right now because, yup... being wrong as town happens.

The issue I have is I don't believe Claws actually thought Void was suspicious. I think he wanted to try to force a yeet on him D1 because that was literally the only time a town Void *might* have gotten yeeted. And whileI kinda think a town Claws would still do that for the lulz of seeing Void be yeeted D1 - I *don't* think a town claws would have pussy footed around with his vote for it.

Nightingale

Administrator
Yes... maybe I am tunneled, it wouldn't be the first time. But the fact is -- our only options today are you or Drey. I feel Drey is town, and I see reasons you could be scum... so I'm going to argue my scum-read should be the choice today.

Claws

Mastermind
Yes... maybe I am tunneled, it wouldn't be the first time. But the fact is -- our only options today are you or Drey. I feel Drey is town, and I see reasons you could be scum... so I'm going to argue my scum-read should be the choice today.
Happy Joel Mchale GIF by ABC Network

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Vote Count
3 - Dreyski (Insaner, GrumpyCat, CWE)
3 - Claws (Nightingale, Peter Griffin, Dreyski)

Not Voting: Badger, Blind Ninja, Claws, FutureHold, Jarrod1983, LemonDemonGirl, Matthieu, Mazer, MTR, Tildey, Val the Moofia Boss

A little over 28 hours remaining. 8 votes is hammer.

Nightingale

Administrator
What even is this question... why would I want to yeet you both if I feel Drey is town? Besides, ties are random'd so the only way to do that would be spending another day yeeting whoever isn't yeeted today.

And if you are town there is no reason you should want both of you to be yeeted unless you *actually* think Drey is sus - which you gave no indication of when I asked who you'd want to yeet if you weren't in this thunderdome.

This reeks.

Dreyski

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
I think you mean scum claws, not scum you? XD
No, I actually meant myself - I was trying to rationalise Claws's alignment by placing myself in his situation, and if I were scum, I wouldn't have pushed for VK as hard.
But obviously you know his playstyle better than me.

Claws

Mastermind
What even is this question... why would I want to yeet you both if I feel Drey is town? Besides, ties are random'd so the only way to do that would be spending another day yeeting whoever isn't yeeted today.

And if you are town there is no reason you should want both of you to be yeeted unless you *actually* think Drey is sus - which you gave no indication of when I asked who you'd want to yeet if you weren't in this thunderdome.

This reeks.
Batman Facepalm GIF by WE tv
How Bout Both GIF by Joey Bada$$
Art Glitch GIF

Dreyski

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him

I refer you to the answer I gave previously (specifically the second line). I see Claws as Chaotic Good, he wouldn't knowingly screw his faction over, but sometimes uses questionable methods.

Nightingale

Administrator
It's possible you're both town. But I have to pick one - I'm going to pick the one that I scum read. I'm not sure why that's such a difficult concept to understand. Your argument basically boils down to "why can't we both be town? So you should vote the other person you think is town instead of me."

Claws

Mastermind
It's possible you're both town. But I have to pick one - I'm going to pick the one that I scum read. I'm not sure why that's such a difficult concept to understand. Your argument basically boils down to "why can't we both be town? So you should vote the other person you think is town instead of me."
Continue To Be Continued GIF by Abitan
Water Mean GIF by SVT
star wars burn GIF by Hyper RPG

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Vote Count
4 - Dreyski (Insaner, GrumpyCat, CWE, Claws)
3 - Claws (Nightingale, Peter Griffin, Dreyski)

Not Voting: Badger, Blind Ninja, FutureHold, Jarrod1983, LemonDemonGirl, Matthieu, Mazer, MTR, Tildey, Val the Moofia Boss

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I just read the mod post for N1. I think this is the only writeup that hints at some sort of silencing action. Could it be the one that caused Claws to have this restriction? I suppose it wouldn't necessarily clear him even if it was, since it's a possibility that mafia used it on one of their own. But I still found it interesting to point out.
Makes sense

Top Bottom