Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vanillatown 2: Revenge is a Dish Best Served Kosher (Mafia 3)

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
God, I do not want to have Windward in lylo.

I don't expect to be in lylo either, but I would not want to have to consider Windward.

Because I see both scum and town.

ForgottenHold

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I don't think anywhere in there you actually explained why you were town.
How am I supposed to explain that other than “yeah I just like everyone else did jack shit at night”

As for Windward’s question, I wanted to be shot because when Blind died I would’ve been confirmed Town

ForgottenHold

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
My only argument is that I’m always not active during the first couple day phases and I tend to miss obvious things, but I haven’t had time to process information and start solving shit and lynching me now will prevent that from happening

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
How am I supposed to explain that other than “yeah I just like everyone else did jack shit at night”

As for Windward’s question, I wanted to be shot because when Blind died I would’ve been confirmed Town
Okay. Pretend you are confirmed town. Who are you yeeting? Why? And who is their partner and why?

<3

ForgottenHold

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Okay. Pretend you are confirmed town. Who are you yeeting? Why? And who is their partner and why?

<3
Windward, I think Windward’s partner is Kareemah. I think Caito gave them a list of people to kill or misyeet, and while Windward is a great mouthpiece, they are still inexperienced, and Kareemah is just silent, flying under the radar under basic excuses.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
I don't think Kareemah is scum but I still question you which is why I don't mind the push on you.

Jarrod1983

Scum Hunter
If we're looking at quiet players that are but aren't I think we should look at Val. I've never seen a scum bide his time better while being there but not really than Val during my He-Man game.

D1 Val votes Caito 3rd. MTR was at 5 but I challenged Claws and unvoted after Val had put a vote on Caito. He could have thought it was safe to create that distance from Caito with a meaningless vote as MTR almost was out first.

D2 Val votes Claws out.

Val's "Shoot me" to Blind really made me suspicious of him. Like I said felt like just trying to be seen and offering his head knowing Blind will go elsewhere.

D3 Val is on Future currently which makes me think Wind might be the right vote.

I could see Wind and Val being in cahoots to vandalize our well managed Vanillatown yards together.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Windward, I think Windward’s partner is Kareemah. I think Caito gave them a list of people to kill or misyeet, and while Windward is a great mouthpiece, they are still inexperienced, and Kareemah is just silent, flying under the radar under basic excuses.
Lol, I'm not inexperienced
Maybe on this site, but I've been around playing forum mafia for 2.5 years, and I've played social deduction games since I was a kid.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
If we're looking at quiet players that are but aren't I think we should look at Val. I've never seen a scum bide his time better while being there but not really than Val during my He-Man game.

D1 Val votes Caito 3rd. MTR was at 5 but I challenged Claws and unvoted after Val had put a vote on Caito. He could have thought it was safe to create that distance from Caito with a meaningless vote as MTR almost was out first.

D2 Val votes Claws out.

Val's "Shoot me" to Blind really made me suspicious of him. Like I said felt like just trying to be seen and offering his head knowing Blind will go elsewhere.

D3 Val is on Future currently which makes me think Wind might be the right vote.

I could see Wind and Val being in cahoots to vandalize our well managed Vanillatown yards together.
I guess I didn't realize the timing of Val's vote on Caito. I thought he made Caito a viable wagon when MTR was already leading by several votes, so maybe that's my bad for sloppy wagon analysis. What I liked about Val's vote was that he basically said "let's make Caito a real wagon" along with his vote, which seemed pretty bold to say about your partner, whom you could've just left alone.
Does Val bus his teammates as a wolf?

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Vote: Windward

I'm gonna suggest that you lynch me today so we aren't doing this "Windward must be scum" thing in LyLo. Cause I know you're going to do it, and if we lynch Future and for whatever damn reason he flips town, you're going to mislynch me directly after, and I'm not letting us lose the game just because I exist.

I'm happy to flip today over Future, and I don't think any of my remaining reads are worth sheeping because I was wrong om both Claws and Jarrod.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
At best, I'm pretty useless town. At worst, I'm going to lead us off a cliff if people suddenly decide to listen to my reads.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Literally none of my reads changed after Jarrod became confirmed town. The reevaluation thing isn't really working, and I suspect it's because some slots are barely even in the game. I can't reevaluate them if they don't exist.

Im rescinding my townreads from all players and clearing the slate to see if I can figure out a different worldview before the end of the day, but I'm kinda short on time irl so you're not gonna see much from me.

I don't see where the fatalism is coming from. You're not the leading choice of train today. You are tied with Future. There is a day left. The lynch could go either way, or onto an entirely different player.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
I don't see where the fatalism is coming from. You're not the leading choice of train today. You are tied with Future. There is a day left. The lynch could go either way, or onto an entirely different player.
That's my point though
I'm making a firm decision, it's not a "vote me I have no will to play the game". It's called "strategically optimal" because you guys are absolutely going to paranoia lynch me in LyLo otherwise.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
I mean, do you not think I can be scum? I think everyone else has me as either powerwolf or inexperienced dumb mafia, and I'm neither, I'm town with crappy reads.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Like idk I still feel really bad about pushing Claws over cause he didn't sound like he wanted to ever play a game with me again

I chalked that up to AtE and decided it wasn't alignment indicative but I still feel bad about it

I'd feel bad about it if I were scum, too, but at least it would advance my wincon in that case. All it's done is make it much harder for us to win.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Claws' flip changed some of my worldview, but primarily it prompted me to dig into Jarrod, who is also town, so clearly I'm doing something wrong. Normally I don't like piggybacking on other people's reads and VK said that's basically all I've done this game. Idk, I feel kind of lost and like I'm not really an asset to town, but I'm still trying to play the way I think is optimal for us to win, and I think it's by not letting myself live till LyLo. I'm never going to be night killed in this game, I'm quite sure of that, and so the only other way you're going to see my flip is by flipping me today. I draw the line at getting flipped in LyLo because I'm not letting you do that.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
OK, after some serious reconsideration I have a wacky theory

MTR is scum, which explains why he isn't dead despite being supposedly cleared by wagons, and his partner is someone like Kareemah who was riding off a clear for saying something bold that in hindsight was not actually that towny.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
I think Val still looks better than Future and probably also better than Kareemah, but not by that much

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
OK, after some serious reconsideration I have a wacky theory

MTR is scum, which explains why he isn't dead despite being supposedly cleared by wagons, and his partner is someone like Kareemah who was riding off a clear for saying something bold that in hindsight was not actually that towny.
This is my idea of a spicy take btw
It's probably not actually that spicy

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Now that half the active town has died, I guess it's getting quiet
Once you flip me, it's gonna be even quieter
I just hope you guys are ready for that

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Vote Count
4 - WindwardAway (VoidKitten, FutureHold, Jarrod1983, WindwardAway)
2 - FutureHold (Val the Moofia Boss, Matthieu)

Not Voting: LemonDemonGirl, MTR, Kareemah

Just over 8 hours remain

Last edited:

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
I'm not gonna be around much for the rest of the day, FYI.
I'm OK with flipping if that's gonna quell the powerwolf paranoia about me.
I've been trying to figure out if everyone being eager enough to put Future at L-1 already is indicative that it's a mislynch, or if his scum partner decided he's bussable, and tbh I can't make up my mind on it.

My paranoia that I've been incorrectly clearing MTR has really gone up in the last few hours. I don't think scum!MTR means scum!VK, although the reverse would be true.

if MTR is scum, his partner is probably sitting back and not doing anything while town throws itself off a cliff. That could be someone like Future, who wasn't very active until today when multiple people were calling for his head, or it could be someone like Kareemah who got the easy way out when she came in and boldly voted Claws and proceeded not to give any other notable reads after that. It could be Val, but I think he's less likely mafia than the other two. LDG has done nothing, continues to do nothing, and she put Future at L-1 without realizing, so the only thing I've gotten from it is that she is not a wolf with Future. And I've cooled on Matthieu and don't think he's that scummy anymore.

VK is a blind spot that has to be reconsidered *if* MTR is scum, but is not necessarily scum with MTR. And I don't want to fuel powerwolf paranoia so I am content with not reevaluating VK until LyLo.

Anyway, that's my legacy, you don't need to sheep it, just think about the logic behind it after I flip. If you don't flip me, you'd better not still be pushing for my lynch in LyLo because that is gonna be entirely your fault for not resolving me before then.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Ngl i would've liked more potential info from tonight's kill than just "Jarrod is confirmed town" but that's the way it is lol

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
I actually want Windward to be a wolf that argued the definition of powerwolfing to say she isn't powerwolfing but was actually powerwolfing by being strict with the definition of powerwolfing.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
I actually want Windward to be a wolf that argued the definition of powerwolfing to say she isn't powerwolfing but was actually powerwolfing by being strict with the definition of powerwolfing.
I wish I did that too
It would be one of the better wolf plays I've made in the last year or so

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Last wolf game I subbed into a scum slot that was highly scumread and we only had a team of 2 in a game of 15

I got voted out immediately and then the SK killed my partner that night after I went to the effort of attempting some antispew lol

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
I wish I did that too
It would be one of the better wolf plays I've made in the last year or so
You do realize what is going to happen right?

MTR is going to flip scum. You and I will be left alive in lylo to just be sus of each other and it was like LDG/Kareemah kicking back and laughing

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Oh yeah, does it help at all if I link previous games? Or is no one gonna want to read them? Forgot to offer to post those.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
You do realize what is going to happen right?

MTR is going to flip scum. You and I will be left alive in lylo to just be sus of each other and it was like LDG/Kareemah kicking back and laughing
Yeah I can absolutely see that, but that's why I'm making it very clear that I think if MTR is scum, his partner is barely present in the game.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
That's why I didn't offer earlier. I don't think it will actually help you solve me.

I had one really great mountainous scum game and then in all other mountainous setups I was town, and last year in champs I linked my past games and got tunnelled by town on the basis of that one very good scum game lol.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
It's been a long while since I've play mountainous. Its my favorite setup because its so fun to see what tinfoil can appear when there are no mechanical clears.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
I just ask to see if they are willing to do it.

"Oh thanks that cleared up a lot"

Read none of it.
Lol
Sometimes it's a valid tactic
Some people outright refuse to share past games and then they get pushed for it cause they go "you're gonna scumread me off of them" and like all of the time those players flipped town, so I don't really ask anymore unless I'm looking for something very specific.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
It's been a long while since I've play mountainous. Its my favorite setup because its so fun to see what tinfoil can appear when there are no mechanical clears.
Lol it's my least favorite, I hate it. I joined this because there was a D3 desperado and also because Psycho asked me nicely.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
That's why I didn't offer earlier. I don't think it will actually help you solve me.

I had one really great mountainous scum game and then in all other mountainous setups I was town, and last year in champs I linked my past games and got tunnelled by town on the basis of that one very good scum game lol.
Oh and the track record for this is that I won as scum and I lost all the town games in LyLo

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Ive mostly only played rolemadness since champs 22 ended, with the exception of a hydra game that randed a setup with only one town pr who died immediately N1 cc'ing a wolf who fakeclaimed

And then it became mountainous, too lol

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
To be on topic, half of my notes recently have been talking about how Windward is probably scum. But, I can't deny the WIM. Scum can easily pretend to be town especially since Windward has done it all day. This tracks with hating mountainous because the easiest way to live is to appear towny and hope there are other vocal people to die to explain why you haven't.

Future's post have still not been great, but he is trying. Is this an attempt to save himself from a yeet or just apathy and posting. I asked him why I was town. The answer had nothing to do with the game and was just a feel read. When literally right before it I spelled out the reason I am likely town barring MTR being scum.

Idk, it feels like a towny response. It was a feel read. I can see the argument about scum, but if we postulate that at least one of the scum is active there is no way it wasn't talked about. And in my experience with future he wouldn't fake it.

Windward is experienced and I have no prior knowledge of play. I do know that she has some of the towniest sounding posts. But as with anyone who Psycho brings, there is no full trust.

CFD time? (I hate them)

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
I have held off voting because wasn't sure where to go. I have to admit that I feel Windward is town but part of me is second guessing that and well I have not really been very right either this game as far as reads go.

At least one of the scum is hanging back and doing bare minimum. Maybe both while letting us all argue and point fingers at each other.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
I have held off voting because wasn't sure where to go. I have to admit that I feel Windward is town but part of me is second guessing that and well I have not really been very right either this game as far as reads go.

At least one of the scum is hanging back and doing bare minimum. Maybe both while letting us all argue and point fingers at each other.
We can agree on that last part lol
Regardless of whether you're scum or not, I think at least one wolf is lurking because I don't think the team is exactly you/VK.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Spider-Man Reaction GIF

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
To be on topic, half of my notes recently have been talking about how Windward is probably scum. But, I can't deny the WIM. Scum can easily pretend to be town especially since Windward has done it all day. This tracks with hating mountainous because the easiest way to live is to appear towny and hope there are other vocal people to die to explain why you haven't.

Future's post have still not been great, but he is trying. Is this an attempt to save himself from a yeet or just apathy and posting. I asked him why I was town. The answer had nothing to do with the game and was just a feel read. When literally right before it I spelled out the reason I am likely town barring MTR being scum.

Idk, it feels like a towny response. It was a feel read. I can see the argument about scum, but if we postulate that at least one of the scum is active there is no way it wasn't talked about. And in my experience with future he wouldn't fake it.

Windward is experienced and I have no prior knowledge of play. I do know that she has some of the towniest sounding posts. But as with anyone who Psycho brings, there is no full trust.

CFD time? (I hate them)
Who did you have in mind for a CFD, or did you just mean you feel like both top wagons might be town?

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Vote Count
3 - WindwardAway (FutureHold, Jarrod1983, WindwardAway)
2 - FutureHold (Val the Moofia Boss, Matthieu)

Not Voting: MTR, Kareemah, LemonDemonGirl, VoidKitten

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Going to get my vote in. I plan on trying to be around in case any more discussion or whatever but just want to make sure I get a vote in.

Vote: Future

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Vote Count
3 - FutureHold (Val the Moofia Boss, Matthieu, MTR)

Not Voting: Kareemah, LemonDemonGirl, VoidKitten

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Vote Count
4 - FutureHold (Val the Moofia Boss, Matthieu, MTR, VoidKitten)

Not Voting: Kareemah, LemonDemonGirl

3 hours.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
I really think we should pry into Val more.
Do you think he is possibly one of the two scum left? Do you think we should pressure him instead of one of these two in what time we have left or just question and discuss him more moving foward?

I agree that we should look into him more.

Jarrod1983

Scum Hunter
Do you think he is possibly one of the two scum left? Do you think we should pressure him instead of one of these two in what time we have left or just question and discuss him more moving foward?

I agree that we should look into him more.
The longer this game goes, the more I'm suspicious of him. D1 vote really sets off alarms for me. It wouldn't have been a tie if I leapt off of you and onto Claws. By that time he had voted and couldn't uncote without looking really bad in the future phases once things start to unravel.

I'd totally vote him if others think it's possible and I'm not just tin foiling scenarios.

ForgottenHold

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I'm out of here anyways so I'll just say some things, I am still sure about Kareemah and Windward, but if it was someone more experienced, then Val and Void seem like great options, possibly MTR. Just the vibes you know

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
I'm out of here anyways so I'll just say some things, I am still sure about Kareemah and Windward, but if it was someone more experienced, then Val and Void seem like great options, possibly MTR. Just the vibes you know
I'm experienced, I'm not new to the game.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Vote Count
3 - FutureHold (Matthieu, MTR, VoidKitten)
2 - WindwardAway (FutureHold, WindwardAway)
1 - Val the Moofia Boss (Jarrod1983)
1 - Jarrod1983 (Val the Moofia Boss)

6 minutes left

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Vote Count
3 - FutureHold (Matthieu, MTR, VoidKitten)
2 - WindwardAway (FutureHold, WindwardAway)
1 - Val the Moofia Boss (Jarrod1983)
1 - Jarrod1983 (Val the Moofia Boss)

6 minutes left
This is the final vote count. Write-up incoming.

Day 3 Lynch

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
DAY THREE

The battle was violent, and there were many in the Kosherville Resistance who were overwhelmed and mentally unprepared for this scenario. However, their determination and love for their town was enough to keep the battle even. For the first time since the initial attack, Kosherville was actually holding substantial ground. The Flavor Boyz, in fact, were getting overwhelmed. Their soldiers were doing most of the work for them, and they could only stand for so long. They looked at each other with trepidation, as they considered an encore of their initial retreat. They held each other’s stare for a long time, before Flavor 4 pushed Flavor 3 out of the circle of pork rinds.

“Wait, what the fuck, Flavor 4?!”

Flavor 4 could read the situation. They were already down a Flavor Boy, and Flavor 1 wasn’t with them. With the momentum not building for them, the only choice was to offer him up as a sacrifice in order to retreat. Flavor 3 would provide distraction as 4 immediately ordered the pork rinds to retreat with him.

The distraction would work. With no direct protection, the members of The Resistance who weren’t fighting the remaining soldiers were able to surround Flavor 3. He quickly pulled the trigger of his machine gun, unloading rounds in as many as he could, but it was too much. Within a matter of seconds, a spear was thrust through his back, wafer crumbs spraying the air as FutureHold falls to his knees, the machine gun dropping from his hands.

“We were just bored…”

Words that would summon no mercy as The Resistance proudly eviscerated him to make sure he was finished.

And soon, the only standing warriors were those of Kosherville - an unprecedented victory against the waning Flavor Militia.

FutureHold has been eliminated. He was Flavor 3, Mafia Goon.

—-------

It is now Night Three. You have 24 hours from this post or until the kill is processed.

Discussion is still allowed.

Player List
1. @Jarrod1983
2. @Matthieu
4. @LemonDemonGirl
5. @Val the Moofia Boss
6. @MTR
8. Satsu @VoidKitten
10. @WindwardAway
11. @Kareemah

Dead Players
1. Caito - Flavor 2, Mafia Goon
2. CWE - Vanilla Town
3. Claws - Vanilla Town
4. Mazer - Vanilla Town
5. Blind Ninja - The Ghost of Vanillatown, Town Desperado
6. FutureHold - Flavor 4, Mafia Goon

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
At first thought, I want to say better. I made a comment about how he really went in on Windward over the course of 10 minutes.

Did he decide to pick a town or did he try to pick his scum buddy just in case he was shot to distance?

Simplest answer is he chose a town. But it all depends on the votes around when eh did this which I can try and look back at later.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
That will put us at 7 players tomorrow and still affords us two misyeets before going to a final 3 lylo.

If we can use these 2 to go after the top scum guesses or eliminate people we DON'T want in lylo, it could be useful.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Do we think he named his partner in this post?

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Didn't post much, was catching up today, my vote on MTR was typical banter, not sure why people piled on that, i was camping this weekend and had no service so I'll make sure to stay on top of things from here on out
Made some post here about MTR and his vote being a typical joke vote and unsure why people piled on. Trying to explain it? Does this make MTR more town?

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
the jokester in me would shoot MTR, the actual me would be between Wind or Matt, Windward seems to want to control things and tunnel on certain votes, which can lead to mislynche unless that is the purpose, Matthieu just doesn't seem to be contributing that much imo, but that might be me reading the thread wrong
Another mention of MTR, but this time said he would be sus of Windward or Matt. Matt is repeated from earlier and Windward is new.

Top Bottom