Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vanillatown 2: Revenge is a Dish Best Served Kosher (Mafia 3)

Jarrod1983

Scum Hunter
He was waiting for us to talk. He said around lunchtime his time, but we were still talking. I'd expect him to fire soonish to allow discussion after, as long as he expects there will be good discussion.

But I still think his thought process of who to shoot and then yeet afterwards is the best. It has one of my suspicious targets for the yeet and it will clear someone else (or damn them). And that someone will probably feel empowered once revealed as town and can just actually throw out thoughts WITHOUT ANY GRASS TALK.

I like gimmicks. Gimmicks are the best. But drop it when you are on borrowed time with an IC read, please. Pretty please.
Can't anyone understand that the green grass represents my township.

I blame Tildey. They said last game that I'm the old guy shouting to keep off my grass and I said to myself hey now, you might be on to something. So my yard rules Void and you'll have to deal with it until scum kills me for being known town.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante

I blame Tildey. They said last game that I'm the old guy shouting to keep off my grass and I said to myself hey now, you might be on to something. So my yard rules Void and you'll have to deal with it until scum kills me for being known town.
Its a gimmick... and you can scream "Im town" til your blue in the face... This shot tests and potentially proves it

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
@PsychoSoldier

Blind Ninja slowly walks over to the gun safe, puts in the combination by feel, opens the safe and pulls out the 357 Magnum

"Who in the right mind would give a blind man a gun," BN mutters...

He takes aim and pulls the trigger. "Godspeed"

Shoot Jarrod
Oh sweet
Either way I don't have to solve Jarrod anymore so I'm fine with it
If he's town then I really think scum is lurking in the depths
And would absolutely vote out Future tbh

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her

It's all wifom
It means nothing to me 🤷 like if you told me your grass was red with blood I wouldn't assume you were openwolfing lol, id just think it's weird.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
On the upside, Jarrod, if you're town you now have the remainder of the day to push your reads and I have the luxury of not having to worry about you.
On the downside, BN dies.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Also
Still nobody answered my question about powerwolfing lol
That's not a great sign so I'm gonna assume it means the point is specifically that I'm powerwolfing and not that there has to be a powerwolf

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
If he talks about his grass being green, I am reading none of his reads.
He's totally gonna do it
I'll still read his reads but I'm taking them with a grain of salt given that he's spent the day saying that I'm a powerwolf and did not answer my question about who else could be powerwolfing if it isn't me.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Its either you or no powerwolves, but potential deepwolves.
I wouldn't consider any of the inactives to be deepwolfing. They'd be UTR letting town tear itself apart.

Unless you mean Matthieu or MTR? Maybe? I don't think either qualifies exactly as a deepwolf but personally I'm not focused on either one right now so there's a bit of a blind spot there cause I cooled on Matthieu and have assumed for a while that MTR is clear.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Ngl i just want Jarrod to flip red so that I can shout at people "I told you so", even if I know that's not really the way to go about playing the game 😅

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
I wouldn't consider any of the inactives to be deepwolfing. They'd be UTR letting town tear itself apart.

Unless you mean Matthieu or MTR? Maybe? I don't think either qualifies exactly as a deepwolf but personally I'm not focused on either one right now so there's a bit of a blind spot there cause I cooled on Matthieu and have assumed for a while that MTR is clear.
I was talking about MTR mostly. He is basically cleared from the run up with Caito. But it could have been two wolves.

That's a bit more tinfoily.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
If Jarrod flips town, I still think we look at Future next. Like the original plan.

His posts when he was interacting with me were not really good, especially if you look at the progression of them.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
I was talking about MTR mostly. He is basically cleared from the run up with Caito. But it could have been two wolves.

That's a bit more tinfoily.
Yeah
Tbh I'm still clinging to that idea that MTR being scum only happens if Jarrod is town, so I'm gonna sit here and impatiently refresh the page until I see the flip

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
If Jarrod flips town, I still think we look at Future next. Like the original plan.

His posts when he was interacting with me were not really good, especially if you look at the progression of them.
I didn't think any of future's posts were particularly awe-inspiring

Although, clearly, I didn't find most people's posts so great in this game 🤷
But future's kinda far down there now that Claws flipped town, and I'm waiting on the Jarrod flip for more info. I don't really think Jarrod's flip will affect my Future read unless he says he has a godread on future and is absolutely dead certain that Future is locktown.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
I didn't think any of future's posts were particularly awe-inspiring

Although, clearly, I didn't find most people's posts so great in this game 🤷
But future's kinda far down there now that Claws flipped town, and I'm waiting on the Jarrod flip for more info. I don't really think Jarrod's flip will affect my Future read unless he says he has a godread on future and is absolutely dead certain that Future is locktown.
Cause if Jarrod flips scum, I think Future has scum equity with literally everyone except Mazer who already flipped. And if Jarrod flips town, idk, he hasn't done much to warrant listening to his reads. No offense, he could be a very good town player, but I don't know that and I'm not going to listen to someone who wants to tunnel me.i mean I think it's reasonable but I don't agree for obvious reasons.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Do you understand how mad I will be if you are scum and I promise to go on a crusade to D1 you any game we play together until I am successful?

Just so we are clear :)
That's absolutely fine lmao
I'm not scum, I won't be upset about it

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Oh for the record, I do believe if Future flips town and Jarrod flips town, it looks awful for Windward.
I also agree with you on this, but if that happens, which I don't think it will, it will force me to reconsider a team of you/MTR.

Day 3: Blind Ninja Shoots Jarrod1983

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
@PsychoSoldier

Blind Ninja slowly walks over to the gun safe, puts in the combination by feel, opens the safe and pulls out the 357 Magnum

"Who in the right mind would give a blind man a gun," BN mutters...

He takes aim and pulls the trigger. "Godspeed"

Shoot Jarrod
DAY THREE SHOT

As the battling raged on around them, The Ghost of Vanillatown took a chance to briefly savor the moment. With one click of his trigger, Flavor 3 would be dead. He thought of his family and friends. He thought of all the faces he watched drop to the floor in blood-stained agony, the Flavor Boyz annihilating them with unhinged glee. He thought of the weeks of recovery from the brink of death, and the months in which he plotted and observed, getting the information he could before he finally made his presence known at the secret Kosherville meeting. It was a lot of thoughts and images for one broccoli to pore over, but it happened in a matter of seconds. He closed his eyes and took in a deep breath before opening them again and beginning to add pressure on the trigger.

Blind Ninja! LOOK OUT!!!”

Despite his greatest of intentions, Jarrod1983’s warning only served to distract Blind Ninja, as he first turns to Jarrod, then to the direction he’s pointing. Just enough time for him to see Flavor 4 swinging a giant meat tenderizer that clobbers Blind’s skull.

The Resistance tries to open fire in retaliation, but a squad of pork rinds were flanking the murderous wafer and engaged counter-fire. It didn’t matter if they survived, as long as they stuck around long enough to shield Flavor 4 as he continues bashing the meat tenderizer into The Ghost’s head stalk, pale green juices splashing around as bits of broccoli bush litter the ground. Jarrod1983 watches on in horror, the shotgun in his hands trembling from his fear, but he grips it tightly sets his sights directly on the two Flavor Boyz.

Blind Ninja has been pulverized. He was The Ghost of Vanillatown, Town Day 3 Desperado.

—-------

The phase may now continue. With 9 players alive, it takes 5 votes to reach majority. 24 hours remain.

Vote Count
3 - FutureHold (Val the Moofia Boss, WindwardAway, Matthieu)
2 - WindwardAway (VoidKitten, FutureHold)

Not Voting: Jarrod1983, LemonDemonGirl, MTR, Kareemah

Player List
1. @Jarrod1983
2. @Matthieu
4. @LemonDemonGirl
5. @Val the Moofia Boss
6. @MTR
8. Satsu @VoidKitten
10. @WindwardAway
11. @Kareemah
14. @FutureHold

Dead Players
1. Caito - Flavor 2, Mafia Goon
2. CWE - Vanilla Town
3. Claws - Vanilla Town
4. Mazer - Vanilla Town
5. Blind Ninja - The Ghost of Vanillatown, Town Desperado

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Also, it may not be as important for this game, but I added threadmarks for everything so far

Jarrod1983

Scum Hunter
Welcome to confirmed town Jarrod.
Dance Dancing GIF by Tess

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Welcome to town, btw, Jarrod.

Even if future flips scum, I still have more work to do because I'm missing the last one.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Has anyone this game? Let's not argue the definition of powerwolf. But why aren't you the wolf that is controlling the conversation for their team?
Idk
I haven't been trying to control anything, if you look closely. I didn't try to convince anyone that my reads were right. I've been saying all day that my reads are 50-50 as town and I continue to maintain that. If I wanted to power wolf, I'd pick a different tactic. Sure, I could be a wolf being loud about incorrect reads because I want to push agenda, but I'm voicing my opinion and not imposing it on anyone.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Idk
I haven't been trying to control anything, if you look closely. I didn't try to convince anyone that my reads were right. I've been saying all day that my reads are 50-50 as town and I continue to maintain that. If I wanted to power wolf, I'd pick a different tactic. Sure, I could be a wolf being loud about incorrect reads because I want to push agenda, but I'm voicing my opinion and not imposing it on anyone.
So like... That's not power wolfing. I'm not rallying people to my cause.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
So as it stands we have two misyeets remaining before we have to be correct.

All is definitely not lost.
I'm gonna be frank and I still do not think it's you/MTR

I played a game once that scum won without ever getting lunched, and the entire scum team was composed of players who lurk as any alignment, but not so much that they were completely awol. Just barely there. So they were completely ignored the entire game and they won.

I don't think that's such an unlikely scenario in this game but other than future idk where I'd want to start. I did notice future only started saying stuff once he came under pressure, and he kinda vanished again while we were discussing shooting me iirc.

LDG is like a non-presence and I don't actually feel like she's in the game at all because she hasn't given a single read and all she said is that she hadn't caught up.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Kareemah very well could be riding off that earlier clear from pushing claws, and I rescind it for the same reason you all suspect me - claws was town. I'm taking off the blinders now.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
That is LDG. LDG is typically a non-presence in the games. She plays to have fun but not for the actual game. She's a mainstay and a fun person so she plays with us all.

That is why I tend to town read it. I'm not kidding when she hasn't been scum in at least a year and a half maybe 2 years. That doesn't mean that she isn't now because I do think with a partner she could be successful as scum since she wouldn't play any different.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
In all seriousness, what's the likelihood caito flipped cause none of his partners even saw his wagon?

Jarrod1983

Scum Hunter
Oh wait. I have. I totally claimed towncred from Satsu.
This is honestly part of why I don't trust you. You've brought it up enough where I thought of Sabi in your game claiming her red or yellow pelt and she was scum with me.

Plus you were putting heavy doubt on Mazer and you won't enjoy my yard work. Look at my grass dammit.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
That is LDG. LDG is typically a non-presence in the games. She plays to have fun but not for the actual game. She's a mainstay and a fun person so she plays with us all.

That is why I tend to town read it. I'm not kidding when she hasn't been scum in at least a year and a half maybe 2 years. That doesn't mean that she isn't now because I do think with a partner she could be successful as scum since she wouldn't play any different.
I get what you're saying, but hiding behind a meta of saying nothing relevant all game is literally the easiest thing to replicate.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Man I wish I'd randed scum
In this game state it would be fairly easy to talk myself out of the lynch and endgame and win

Jarrod1983

Scum Hunter
Man I wish I'd randed scum
In this game state it would be fairly easy to talk myself out of the lynch and endgame and win
Last Vanillatown scum swept town and it was a glorious win for our scum squad. We pretty much did talk our way out of most threats and town had no information and was a bit disjointed.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
I get what you're saying, but hiding behind a meta of saying nothing relevant all game is literally the easiest thing to replicate.
The point is yeeting LDG gives us nothing. No information. So it has to be one of two reason 1. We really think shes scum or 2. We need to get rid of it because we don't want it in lylo.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
This is honestly part of why I don't trust you. You've brought it up enough where I thought of Sabi in your game claiming her red or yellow pelt and she was scum with me.

Plus you were putting heavy doubt on Mazer and you won't enjoy my yard work. Look at my grass dammit.
I don't see Satsu making a play like that. Me? Absolutely. It's what I live on. I don't see Satsu ever making that play.

Jarrod1983

Scum Hunter
I don't see Satsu making a play like that. Me? Absolutely. It's what I live on. I don't see Satsu ever making that play.
Refresh my pot smoking memory again of what the play was. I could go through posts but I'll owe you one for not making me.

Blind I appreciate the clear but now I feel like my level of guarenteed town will disappoint you.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Refresh my pot smoking memory again of what the play was. I could go through posts but I'll owe you one for not making me.

Blind I appreciate the clear but now I feel like my level of guarenteed town will disappoint you.
Satsu voted Caito into a tie with MTR at the ass end of the day. Caito then got eliminated and flipped scum. If I am scum, that means scum Satsu voted up his scum buddy and put him into a tie with a town.

The only way it makes sense that I am scum is if both MTR and Caito were scum and Satsu tied it for cred.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
And if MTR is scum, I am going to laugh my ass off. Because I'm not and this was set up perfectly (not saying anyone set it up, but just how it ended up).

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
The point is yeeting LDG gives us nothing. No information. So it has to be one of two reason 1. We really think shes scum or 2. We need to get rid of it because we don't want it in lylo.
Yeah I understood that
I just find it annoying and I personally don't want her in LyLo if she's not going to do anything in LyLo either
But we don't have to deal with her today specifically, I'm just getting worried because the clock is ticking.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her

See this is exactly what i was worried about if is gotten shot instead of you
It makes it easier for the rest of us to solve around you, but it doesn't make it easier for you to solve 😅

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
That was like the game i got resurrected in. I now felt like I had to be the best and most town solver ever not to waste the rez.

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
@Matthieu

I know you are voting on Future. But with a Jarrod being green, do you think anything changes?
I'm not sure. I'm terrible at reading Jarrod since I was convinced he was scum in a certain recent game and then it turned out he could be trusted, actually.
In all seriousness, what's the likelihood caito flipped cause none of his partners even saw his wagon?
That's a good point. They may have also arrived too late to change course so went with the 'easy' option of following what others were doing.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
I'm not sure. I'm terrible at reading Jarrod since I was convinced he was scum in a certain recent game and then it turned out he could be trusted, actually.

That's a good point. They may have also arrived too late to change course so went with the 'easy' option of following what others were doing.
That didn't answer my question. I asked about Future. I suck at reading Jarrod too.

Jarrod1983

Scum Hunter

That didn't answer my question. I asked about Future. I suck at reading Jarrod too.
I sorta enjoy being so tough to read to be honest.

Jarrod1983

Scum Hunter
Satsu voted Caito into a tie with MTR at the ass end of the day. Caito then got eliminated and flipped scum. If I am scum, that means scum Satsu voted up his scum buddy and put him into a tie with a town.

The only way it makes sense that I am scum is if both MTR and Caito were scum and Satsu tied it for cred.
It's so crazy it could work. I guess my question would be when did Satsu know he was leaving. If he was leaving before the end of the vote it could be a good way to cover the sub. As Martin Riggs would say though "That's thin."

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
It's so crazy it could work. I guess my question would be when did Satsu know he was leaving. If he was leaving before the end of the vote it could be a good way to cover the sub. As Martin Riggs would say though "That's thin."
You wanna tie the vote? 5 is majority and it would but both Future and Windward at 3. And then we can discuss which two.

I think they are our best options today.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Future - Has not been around much. His recent posts felt awful. They were generic and he escalated into a case against WIndward in like 10 minutes flat. (a bit less) But again, is that because he isn't interested in the game? But that is the same pass I'd be giving to Kareemah and Future. I don't like that. One I can easily justify, but both? If Windward is town, I this is likely scum

Windward - Has had towny feeling posts, but one thing I noticed on re-read that a lot of them were agreeing with me. Windward was right that she didn't push her own agenda. She jumped onto my agenda in misyeeting all of the town apparently. I am not saying she didn't have thoughts of her own because I am not going to get into a back and forth on specific points. No one in this game will actually dig that down deep and look at them in considering a point. But it is something I noticed. If Future is town, this is likely scum.

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
Oh. I read it as you asking me about Jarrod.

But no, I don't get the impression that anything changes. I don't see myself switching to anyone other than Kareemah this day phase. As Jarrod said, his confirmed town status is very likely to make him the next kill target and that's another fairly active voice snuffed out. Not to sound like a broken record but...exactly how many vocal players do we need to see eliminated before we seriously double down on going after quieter players?

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Oh. I read it as you asking me about Jarrod.

But no, I don't get the impression that anything changes. I don't see myself switching to anyone other than Kareemah this day phase. As Jarrod said, his confirmed town status is very likely to make him the next kill target and that's another fairly active voice snuffed out. Not to sound like a broken record but...exactly how many vocal players do we need to see eliminated before we seriously double down on going after quieter players?
If Future flips scum, do you think the last scum is also quiet or would you look at more active?

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
You wanna tie the vote? 5 is majority and it would but both Future and Windward at 3. And then we can discuss which two.

I think they are our best options today.
I'm fine with staying tied with Future for a while, seems like a good place to hang

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Vote Count
3 - FutureHold (Val the Moofia Boss, WindwardAway, Matthieu)
3 - WindwardAway (VoidKitten, FutureHold, Jarrod1983)

Not Voting: LemonDemonGirl, MTR, Kareemah

ForgottenHold

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
@FutureHold

Tell me why you are town. Like actually try to convince me if you are town. Please? For me?
Alright, now First excuse would be the fact that I’m always scummy. But if you want to know I’m Town, I’ll go. I wish BN shot me so I could be confirmed, but that’s also a blessing as I won’t die earlier than expected. I’m usually not here during the early game but whenever it gets going to mid or late, I explode and start putting things together as I start connecting dots, especially now since Day 3 is almost over. If that isn’t enough, tell me

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
If Future flips scum, do you think the last scum is also quiet or would you look at more active?
Quiet.

Of the active players, they're pretty much all players who I would expect to shake things up. I'm tentatively toying with the theory that Caito was paired with two quiet players and after being eliminated early, the remaining two players are sort of flailing about and playing things very safe hoping to escape notice. At the same time, it's only vocal players being eliminated through yeets and night kills.

That being said, if Future flips town then I'd be more comfortable supporting a yeet on Windward but for this day phase I think it's unwise to take out someone else who is being vocal.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Alright, now First excuse would be the fact that I’m always scummy. But if you want to know I’m Town, I’ll go. I wish BN shot me so I could be confirmed, but that’s also a blessing as I won’t die earlier than expected. I’m usually not here during the early game but whenever it gets going to mid or late, I explode and start putting things together as I start connecting dots, especially now since Day 3 is almost over. If that isn’t enough, tell me
I don't think anywhere in there you actually explained why you were town.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Quiet.

Of the active players, they're pretty much all players who I would expect to shake things up. I'm tentatively toying with the theory that Caito was paired with two quiet players and after being eliminated early, the remaining two players are sort of flailing about and playing things very safe hoping to escape notice. At the same time, it's only vocal players being eliminated through yeets and night kills.

That being said, if Future flips town then I'd be more comfortable supporting a yeet on Windward but for this day phase I think it's unwise to take out someone else who is being vocal.
I don't intend to get myself paranoia yeeted in LyLo, so honestly, if people are gonna vote me out then I'd rather it be today than later.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Uhhh
Have you like, not noticed that town doesn't die to the gun???

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Note that I'm not pointing a finger and calling it a scum slip immediately because you all saw how that went with claws lol

But seriously, this was even clarified by Psycho at the start of the day for people who didn't get it the first time.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Note that I'm not pointing a finger and calling it a scum slip immediately because you all saw how that went with claws lol

But seriously, this was even clarified by Psycho at the start of the day for people who didn't get it the first time.
No, I think it is even better.

He is saying that if he was shot, he would be a prime target to be killed by scum by being cleared, so he would die earlier than he hoped so he could solve.

Top Bottom