Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vanillatown 2: Revenge is a Dish Best Served Kosher (Mafia 3)

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
But there's a chance I'm overreading it, because I'm not sure Kareemah was in any real danger.

Just a mild difference

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
This is my trust list from most to least trust currently. I don't want to separate it into town, neutral or not town because I have a lot of what I would consider neutral.

VK
Kareemah
MTR
LDG
Val
Matthieu
Jarrod
Blind Ninja
Winward
Future
Mazer

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Mazer is tough. I really disliked a lot of his arguments against me. It seemed solely focused on how bad my argument was versus giving me an alternative. Earlier in the actual day, it felt like he went from sarcastic, to antagonistic, to conciliatory when saying he wasn't trying to be sarcastic, to almost apologetic for describing that.

He knows I'm not scum (90% fine), but focused on my arguments like he was trying to rip them apart instead of making me see his viewpoint. I don't think I am in any danger of a misyeet per usual. It felt like it wasn't coming from a pure place.

Can I see Mazer being town? Absolutely. The push and discussion felt off. Well, not push on me to be scum, but pushing my theories.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
I would probably shoot Mazer if I had a gun, if we collectively didn't come to a better choice. And if I died from it, I'd be okay with it. It means Mazer would die the next night but having 24-48 hours of being able to give his theories without anyone having to worry might actually be worth it if he is town.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Why LDG and Val ahead of BN?
Eh. LDG is probably lower than BN

LDG was just town feeling. I get each game should be viewed but she hasn't rolled scum in ages and this feels like how she plays in every other game. I don't see scum LDG? I will admit im not sure if I'd see scum LDG unless there was a slip or something obvious. I just don't think a yeet on LDG is useful.

Val did that massive post and voted me. And a lot of it was wrong based on how the votes actually were. And he admitted it immediately. I derp clear that. It feels town. I don't see scum val making that giant post at all.

BN is a good player who can play both sides exceedingly well with very little variation. I'm cautious.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I would probably shoot Mazer if I had a gun, if we collectively didn't come to a better choice. And if I died from it, I'd be okay with it. It means Mazer would die the next night but having 24-48 hours of being able to give his theories without anyone having to worry might actually be worth it if he is town.
If you get a gun, shoot me immediately. Or anyone who wants to.

I'd invite 2 days of tree stump work vs. how inane this has been, and vk expecting 60 posts of no change in frustration or tone.

@Val the Moofia Boss

What do you think about Matthieu's posting and votes. Regardless of you prefer to play with him than not, anything that concerns you?

Pragmatically, the seemingly selfsacrifical play of "lynch me not Claws" is something I can see a scum being bold enough to do to cultivate a better view of himself by town., but for Matthieu specifically this is NAI. I won't be voting Matthieu.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker

LDG was just town feeling. I get each game should be viewed but she hasn't rolled scum in ages and this feels like how she plays in every other game. I don't see scum LDG? I will admit im not sure if I'd see scum LDG unless there was a slip or something obvious. I just don't think a yeet on LDG is useful.

Val did that massive post and voted me. And a lot of it was wrong based on how the votes actually were. And he admitted it immediately. I derp clear that. It feels town. I don't see scum val making that giant post at all.

BN is a good player who can play both sides exceedingly well with very little variation. I'm cautious.
Val's votes have often been questionable, regardless of AI. I struggle with reading him. The one game i played with him as scum, he disappeared for days. Made early mistakes as he caught up, and then played a very solid endgame. It was a gambit of emotions for me.

but BN I have a fairly solid town argument for based on Peter's vote. Val, I have none

Mazer

Spirit Breaker

Meant to ask. if you find that the second scum was an inactive player, does that change your view of Val at all?

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Oh no. I see. You mean immediately. Absolutely not. I get at least 24 hours to bicker with you first.
I'm taking my kids to an AEW show in about an hour and a half.

If you get gun, just assume that every 5 minutes I'm insulting you and implying that you have small testicles. Maybe even mentally work in some Krogan to Solarian type insults. If I check my phone occasionally that's what I'll be doing. Maybe if a couple others get it as well.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Shooting me immediately, for anyone who wants to, would make the most sense. We'd have more time to break down the definitive knowledge.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Shooting me immediately, for anyone who wants to, would make the most sense. We'd have more time to break down the definitive knowledge.
I don't hate this point. I don't think immediately is the best. But in the first few hours. At least process some information and suggestions.

Or fuck it and hero shoot. It's your life. I won't blame anyone.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Meant to ask. if you find that the second scum was an inactive player, does that change your view of Val at all?
Val could be that "inactive" player. In his case not inactive in posting, but Val tends to give small opinions and follow along in scum chat. I think one of the more outspoken people is scum. But that could be me just hoping that it isn't 2 inactive people and my solving amounts for naught :D

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
There's really two strategies that make sense. A completely binding vote that is over in 24 hours. the gunholder commits to the vote, and you have two lynch votes for data.

Or if someone like mr. needs artificial enhancement gets it, just fire it, you coward.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
There's really two strategies that make sense. A completely binding vote that is over in 24 hours. the gunholder commits to the vote, and you have two lynch votes for data.

Or if someone like mr. needs artificial enhancement gets it, just fire it, you coward.
I don't hate this post either.

Stop making me like posts of yours.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
If I get the gun, I may offer a 24 hour deadline on a couple alternatives for vote. I was thinking that maybe that's more focused. Like pick a few from my red or orange. Could be more focused discussion.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
If I get the gun, I may offer a 24 hour deadline on a couple alternatives for vote. I was thinking that maybe that's more focused. Like pick a few from my red or orange. Could be more focused discussion.
As long as either phase is worthy of discussion it makes sense. But yeah, holding it for 24 hours without anyone discussing it or having to put themselves on record is a waste.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Did you get her insurance information? Car accidents are no joke.
Accidents are pretty serious.

A little more than 3 decades ago, I had an accident with your mom. And every year since then, I've had to send an anonymous Christmas card.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
If i get the gun, ill likely shoot somewhere around midnight EST... +/- an hour. Raid from 8-11... time to catch up... shit like that

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
Man my brain is a trip. I read this and my brain was like "He said that because you got claws yeeted so you are a detriment to town and he is actually scum taunting you which is why there is a winky smiley face"
You never know with me...

But in the event you get the gun... I would still doubt you man... even with the mod clear

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I wonder if I can sue for back child support.
Not sure why you're mad at me. I'm proud of you, and was even going to share your pic in a discord thread.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230322_162412_Discord.jpg
    Screenshot_20230322_162412_Discord.jpg
    702.5 KB · Views: 2

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Since you said it, who would be more likely to do that then?
Not going to lie if I was scum I would be tempted but I am not scum.

Looking at who is left and who I have played with as scum, I could see you or Mazer as long as vocal people were not really onto anyone. If someone vocal is looking like they are going to solve things I think you wouldn't go that route even though it would cause chaos. Well as much chaos as you can in a game like this. I am not sure if I played scum with anyone else beyond Future who would be fine with that plan.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Wow clearly you don't go in that discord channel much.
Well, I don't have that many pics of you to share.

Your mom told me you don't like to be recorded. Guess you don't take after either of your parents.

Night 2 Results/Day 3 Start

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
NIGHT TWO

The reaction was immediate. Unexpectedly for the Flavor Militia, The Resistance flooded from their hiding spots, bearing armaments not quite as great as their oppressors, but the numbers and surprise element were enough to keep the militia on the wrong foot. Meat battered meat, pastry crumbled pastry, and the vegetables…well, surprisingly, they were the most violent of the bunch. One particular grizzled, and sexy, sexy onion was leading the pack. As Flavor-aligned cheeseburgers tried to deal with the surprise assault, the onion began hacking through them with nothing more than a machete. Many on both sides stopped in awe of the sheer force of nature this creature was. Slowly but surely, he was gaining ground on Flavor 3, but the high from killing the sausage and friends was strong. Flavor 3 carried a bloodthirsty grin as he carefully aimed the machine gun at the approaching onion. Mazer knew he was done for, but that didn’t stop him from getting a clean cut through the wafer’s stomach before the spray of bullets left him in a juicy, stinky - but still sexy - pile.

Mazer has been killed. He was a fierce onion, Vanilla Town.

Flavor 3 let out a maniacal and screamed cackle as he began relentlessly stomping on the onion’s remains, clearly driven delirious from the bloodlust and the blood loss, respectively. Then he hears the sound of a bullet chamber clicking and the feel of a cold, steel barrel forcibly pressed on the back of his head. He freezes in terror, never before feeling this level of vulnerability.

“To think, I even applauded your stupid pose…”

Flashback from the Finale of Vanillatown 1 said:
Pablo cuts in with a smirk.

“Mom, I’m not Pablo anymore. From now on, you can call me Flavor 1.”

Flavor 2 pipes in, holding a bottle with a cloth stuffed in it.

“I’m Flavor 2 now.”

Flavor 3 is rummaging through a big sack trying to grab something.

“Come on, quit slippin’…there we go.”

He pulls out another bottle, showing that they came well prepared.

“You can just call me Flavor 3.”

Flavor 4 steps forward, laughing softly to himself and trying not to get lost in the power.

“And I’m Flavor 4. And we are…”

They leap closer to each other and strike a pose that is both obnoxious and kind of cool.

THE FLAVOR BOYZ!!!”

A piece of broccoli begins clapping, before realizing everyone is staring at him with disapproval.

The Ghost of Vanillatown pulls down his hood, revealing a bearded broccoli who has grown too hurt and jaded to remain naive.

“Any last words, Flavor 3?”

—-------

It is now Day Three. @Blind Ninja has received the gun. He must input a shot before the deadline or another player will be shot at random. If he shoots scum, that player will die. If he shoots town, he will die instead of the player he targeted.

The gunshot will be happening in conjunction with the normal day phase lynch. Votes may be placed as normal, and at the end of the phase(or a hammer), the player with the most votes will be eliminated. HAMMERS ARE INELIGIBLE UNTIL THE SHOT IS PROCESSED. In the case that the shot is processed automatically due to running out of time, it will be processed after the lynch choice to avoid double stacking. Barring a No Lynch, two players will die on this phase regardless of when the shot is processed or the lynch is finalized.

To shoot, you will format this in the thread:

"@PsychoSoldier

[bold]SHOOT (PLAYER)[/bold]"

You may add any flair you wish, but you must tag me and have the bolded “SHOOT (PLAYER)” by itself on a separate line.

With the 9 players that will be alive after the shot, 5 will be the majority. You have 48 hours(Deadline @ 6:08pm EST).

Player List
1. @Jarrod1983
2. @Matthieu
4. @LemonDemonGirl
5. @Val the Moofia Boss
6. @MTR
8. Satsu @VoidKitten
10. @WindwardAway
11. @Kareemah
12. Peter Griffin @Blind Ninja
14. @FutureHold

Dead Players
1. Caito - Flavor 2, Mafia Goon
2. CWE - Vanilla Town
3. Claws - Vanilla Town
4. Mazer - Vanilla Town

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Also, it amuses me that BN gets the gun. And if he shoots town was not even in the game fully for an in game day and gets eliminated.

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
I also now kinda wanna see Matthieu as scum so I can be the absolute worst player this game.
I'm happy to disappoint you on that front, then.

Though now with Mazer's alignment revealed I'm more convinced of my theory that town are fighting amongst themselves and scum are just sitting back and letting it happen.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him

Though now with Mazer's alignment revealed I'm more convinced of my theory that town are fighting amongst themselves and scum are just sitting back and letting it happen.
I can't disagree with this.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him

I am thinking so as well.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante

Im still of the opinion that we have a scum trying to power wolf... and that position would be Wind at this time

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Im still of the opinion that we have a scum trying to power wolf... and that position would be Wind at this time
I have been thinking there was a power wolf this whole time along with an inactive. It was gut feel, but maybe I'm wrong. It is why Windward has been moving down the list because I can see vetting Windward.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
I have been thinking there was a power wolf this whole time along with an inactive. It was gut feel, but maybe I'm wrong. It is why Windward has been moving down the list because I can see vetting Windward.
I still dont have you full clear... call it paranoia, call it being an ass... call it what you will...

But if we have a power wolf and its not Wind... who else fill that slot?

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Part of me wants to shoot Matthieu. I was wrong on Claws and Mazer so maybe I'm wrong on Matthieu. But his responses have felt towny to me. I don't think I would shoot this if I had the gun.

I'd go between Future and Windward as my next choices.

Future to clear the slot and because his posts, when here, haven't been great especially the one last night. It at least clears and unknown and drops PoE. But based on him being around, a cleared Future would be useless.

Windward to vett. Windward posts a lot and seems to be into thinking about things. This type of player being cleared for 24+ hours would be beneficial. It would also put to rest any thought about someone power wolfing it through.

I think I would shoot Windward.

That is without looking into posts more and trying to look at them specifically.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
I also wanted to game the system by shooting someone that was dead for great meme value... Claws got lucky.

ForgottenHold

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
the jokester in me would shoot MTR, the actual me would be between Wind or Matt, Windward seems to want to control things and tunnel on certain votes, which can lead to mislynche unless that is the purpose, Matthieu just doesn't seem to be contributing that much imo, but that might be me reading the thread wrong

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
the jokester in me would shoot MTR, the actual me would be between Wind or Matt, Windward seems to want to control things and tunnel on certain votes, which can lead to mislynche unless that is the purpose, Matthieu just doesn't seem to be contributing that much imo, but that might be me reading the thread wrong
So Matt because he isnt contributing much... but still more then you, LDG and Kareem...

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
Because LDG and Kareemah are acting like themselves, i'm not sure if that is something their scum partner coached them to do or just them being them
This is how Matt has played the last several games...

Your reasoning is flimsy at best...

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
ok, that's just my reasoning, just be careful with your shot
Let me rephrase a question

Based on gamestate and what you know, who do you think Blind Ninja should shoot to provide the most information and best help us? Not who you would shoot, but who should he shoot based on info/game state and not who is more likely to be scum?

ForgottenHold

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Let me rephrase a question

Based on gamestate and what you know, who do you think Blind Ninja should shoot to provide the most information and best help us? Not who you would shoot, but who should he shoot based on info/game state and not who is more likely to be scum?
Windward or one of the less active ones

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Vote Count
1 - FutureHold (Blind Ninja)
1 - WindwardAway (VoidKitten)

Not Voting: Everyone else

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
trying to get mislynches and causing discourse amongst town, then reaping the benefits by taking out major players, like CWE and Mazer
What benefits does Windward get to CWE or Mazer being eliminated? I'm just trying to see your side since I've been wrong -.-

Matthieu

Scum Hunter

Kareemah or Futurehold. Both are very quiet, aren't really doing much beyond echoing what other posters are saying and I reckon if scum are hiding amongst quieter players, there's a good chance it'd be one of them.

Windward is a wildcard on the basis of being someone I haven't played with before though I wouldn't want to use the gun on her when she's proven to engage and respond to stuff.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Kareemah or Futurehold. Both are very quiet, aren't really doing much beyond echoing what other posters are saying and I reckon if scum are hiding amongst quieter players, there's a good chance it'd be one of them.

Windward is a wildcard on the basis of being someone I haven't played with before though I wouldn't want to use the gun on her when she's proven to engage and respond to stuff.
But shooting her would let her engage and respond more if she were town.

Top Bottom