Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vanillatown 2: Revenge is a Dish Best Served Kosher (Mafia 3)

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Voidkitten will do a countdown for you every minute.

to help you relax.

But if no one else goes for Claws over the next couple minutes then I will switch to Matthieu in the name of at least getting a lynch off this day.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
I will be sad if Claws flips scum. That would be the second time I have tunneled him to death. The other two times he was actually scum.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
He gets credit for fighting back against his wagon but I just found the timing weird

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
I do like the gun mechanic. Its powerful and balanced at the same time.

Its good swing in both directions. Much approve.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
I do like the gun mechanic. Its powerful and balanced at the same time.

Its good swing in both directions. Much approve.
It's a damn good thing it's a desperado gun and not just a guilty vig
Had a guilty vig in a game I played in, and ofc they shot the most consensus town player in the game and because it was a guilty vig, they both died and flipped town, in addition to the mafia kill which happened to be on the bulletproof arsonist as a spite kill. It was a bizarre D1 and probably the worst game I ever played in lol.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
My kid is raging about her Roblox mafia game right now in the other room. I think she just got voted out as the Muffin Man (their fruit vendor). I had to tell her to chill out.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
We just played a throne of lies style mafia game.
Nice, those are fun
I used to join them every once in a while on my homesite cause that was like the main purpose of our forum
They're a bit less frequent now, though, which is a shame cause they're fun.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Wasn't as much my thing. Mechanics calculation on claims not as interesting to me.

Not saying I didn't think it was good, just not a top style for me.

Maybe would have cared more if I live longer sometime.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Wasn't as much my thing. Mechanics calculation on claims not as interesting to me.

I think if you had actually lived you'd have enjoyed manipulating the mechanics.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I think if you had actually lived you'd have enjoyed manipulating the mechanics.
entirely possible. The solving style just didn't pop as much for me.

On very limited exposure. Maybe I would feel different with more.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
I say that for logic. I am a vocal player and can analyze. I am most likely town due to the votes. Sure, there are fringe scenarios.

I would kill a player like me. Now they could try to push a misyeet, but I don't usually get misyeeted so dunno

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her

Fair enough, I'm usually mech heavy on my reads which is why I suck so badly at mountainous setups on forums
I guess I do ok with live mafia, last time I randed town mason vig and my partner and I shot 4/5 scum for 4 nights in a row and town voted out exactly 0
But I think I'm much better at reading people in quick games than longer games, cause I also had high accuracy in ToL

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
I say that for logic. I am a vocal player and can analyze. I am most likely town due to the votes. Sure, there are fringe scenarios.

I would kill a player like me. Now they could try to push a misyeet, but I don't usually get misyeeted so dunno
Oh yeah, I absolutely understood why you expected to be killed. I just meant that as soon as you say it in the thread, wolves can just as easily go "hmm, wouldn't it be funny if we didn't kill him" and then it gets more complicated lol

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Oh yeah, I absolutely understood why you expected to be killed. I just meant that as soon as you say it in the thread, wolves can just as easily go "hmm, wouldn't it be funny if we didn't kill him" and then it gets more complicated lol
That may or may not have been a point too.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Nah but I just like solving. Social deduction is fun.
It's also incredibly frustrating every time I have a board game night with friends and they all try to vote me out immediately because they assume I'm good at mafia, and I'm town and have like a 90% accuracy rate on finding scum in those games because people aren't good at lying.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
I just wish I had that accuracy in forum mafia but I can't even tell sarcasm from serious stuff in text form.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
I like modding to watch people solve. It also lets me learn how they think. I like to learn how people think.
That's why I usually spec games as uninformed, I try to solve with a bird's eye view but without TMI, and then I get to see how off I am. I noticed I have slightly better accuracy when I'm not actually involved in the game. As soon as I'm in there and interacting, it taints my perspective.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Nah but I just like solving. Social deduction is fun.
It's also incredibly frustrating every time I have a board game night with friends and they all try to vote me out immediately because they assume I'm good at mafia, and I'm town and have like a 90% accuracy rate on finding scum in those games because people aren't good at lying.
I enjoyed live mafia too. it's been years. Was pretty solid.

Day 2: Final Vote Count

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Sorry all, overslept my nap a bit. Phase officially ended at 8:08pm EST, this is the final vote count

Vote Count
5 - Claws (Kareemah, VoidKitten, MTR, Val the Moofia Boss, Windward Away)
3 - Matthieu (Mazer, Claws, Jarrod1983)
1 - VoidKitten (Val the Moofia Boss)
1 - Kareemah (Matthieu)

Not Voting: FutureHold, Peter Griffin, LemonDemonGirl

You sweet, sweet, summer children...

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Haven't played live mafia in a long time. It is fun. I suck at it though. lol

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Psycho saying that makes me feel better about it.

He's a mentalist, that guy

Day 2 Lynch

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
DAY TWO

The Kosherville Resistance - as they hastily and uncreatively named theirselves - knew they had to act quick. While the celebration was warranted, this was only a first step, and a dangerous one that expedited their timeline. Some were terrified at the reality of their actions and the looming consequences. But the young pork chop and The Ghost of Vanillatown were certain this was the ideal path. Having now grabbed their attention unaware, the Flavor Boyz were going to be ready, but vulnerable. Particularly in emotions and mentality. They may have been heartless bastards, but the bond of those four naughty wafers was unbreakable, and the Resistance was all too aware of that.

That is why they were quick to call another meeting in the early afternoon, and hatched a plan to expedite the timeline even more. It was simple, really. That morning, Flavor 3 and Flavor 4 had joined the bolstered patrols for the day, beginning their own unannounced inquisition into matters. The Resistance were going to send one of their own to lead a group and catch the Flavor Militia in the middle of their patrol and admit the murder, while the rest of the Resistance lie in wait. With any luck, the event would trigger one of the Flavor Boyz into acting personally, and that’s when they would be left wide open for The Ghost.

The selection process did not go as smoothly, however, and poor old burnt sausage, despite his initial protest, was chosen as the lead decoy. He recalled the arguments from earlier in the day as he and his group were within eyesight of the Flavor Militia. He grit his teeth and stood firm, fighting back all of his bitterness as he shouted out:

FLAVOR BOOOOOOOOYZ!! I did it!”

This immediately perked the would-be ears of Flavor 3.

“I killed Flavor 2! And if you want to do something about it, I’m right here!!!”

He hadn’t even finished his sentence before Flavor 3 had broke through his guard, screaming with tears streaking down his cheeks and a machine gun weighing down his arms. He pulls the trigger and the bullets go flying. They rip and shred through Claws and some of his compatriots, chunks of meat, vegetable, and grain spraying across the landscape. From a small distance, The Ghost of Vanillatown winces. They knew this sacrifice was likely to happen, but they had hoped it would turn out more optimistically.

“We’ll just have to make sure this wasn’t in vain…”

Claws has been eliminated. He was an old burnt sausage, Vanilla Town.

—-------

@Peter Griffin has now missed the post requirement 2 days in a row. He will now be substituted with @Blind Ninja.

It is now Night Two. You have 24 hours from this post or until the kill is processed.

Discussion is still allowed.

Player List
1. @Jarrod1983
2. @Matthieu
3. @Mazer
4. @LemonDemonGirl
5. @Val the Moofia Boss
6. @MTR
8. Satsu @VoidKitten
10. @WindwardAway
11. @Kareemah
12. Peter Griffin @Blind Ninja
14. @FutureHold

Dead Players
1. Caito - Flavor 2, Mafia Goon
2. CWE - Vanilla Town
3. Claws - Vanilla Town

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
Whoever gets the gun just shoot me when the next day phase starts. I'm glad I decided to go with my gut on Claws but to be honest with Resident Evil 4's remake launching at midnight tomorrow...I don't see much point in arguing back and forth only to become the next Claws.

Just look at Mazer when he leads not one but two innocent men to the gallows.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Whoever gets the gun just shoot me when the next day phase starts. I'm glad I decided to go with my gut on Claws but to be honest with Resident Evil 4's remake launching at midnight tomorrow...I don't see much point in arguing back and forth only to become the next Claws.

Just look at Mazer when he leads not one but two innocent men to the gallows.
Sure.

Claws was all my fault.

I would have loved to see one mildly relevant point.

The telepathy to be the one person instantly out on claws was amazing.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Welcome blind ninja, I like your odds right now.

Looking forward to your reads.

Kareemah

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
she/her
If you were to take out an inactive player who wasn't Kareemah, who would you want to take out?

Any order of likely?

My concern on random inactive shoots, is the percentages are typically not good. Kareemah, even with a small sample-size read (although admittedly I feel good about it), seems like low probability to me.
Matt’s post is giving Trying to kill off town vibes

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

Kareemah

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
she/her
well before I start closing the store my scum leads are claws and Matt
Vote: claws

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
we are in night phase and we yeeted claws who flipped town. see above

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
And how the fuck did you guys post 4 pages in the final 10hrs... WTFuck.

Can someone give me the TLDR?
Aside from claws train, somewhat CFD to Grae leading train, to finally switching back to Claws yeet

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
1. @Jarrod1983
2. @Matthieu
3. @Mazer
4. @LemonDemonGirl
5. @Val the Moofia Boss
6. @MTR
8. Satsu @VoidKitten
10. @WindwardAway
11. @Kareemah
12. Peter Griffin @Blind Ninja
14. @FutureHold

I'm going to clarify the gun rules as there seems to be some confusion.

It acts as a desperado shot. That means if the gun holder shoots a town player, the shooter will die instead, NOT along with the target.

The person will be given the gun publicly, and only town can receive the gun. The shot will be made public, in-thread.

LemonDemonGirl

Lost Wolf
It acts as a desperado shot. That means if the gun holder shoots a town player, the shooter will die instead, NOT along with the target.
Based
And how the fuck did you guys post 4 pages in the final 10hrs... WTFuck.

Can someone give me the TLDR?
Aside from claws train, somewhat CFD to Grae leading train, to finally switching back to Claws yeet
Have fun dying then 😗

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Still looking at Matthieu as I said i would.
Gonna look at other options, too.
I'm kinda disappointed in myself but on the other hand I would've spent the entirety of the next day wondering whether Claws was scum anyway so tbh it was gonna happen sooner or later. Better sooner because we have the info earlier.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Even if VK is good at wolfing I kinda have doubts that Satsu would've intentionally tied a scum partner with a town wagon, assuming MTR is town.

As VK pointed out, if the team is exactly Caito/MTR/Satsu then yeah sure, I'd come back to the idea. But I still don't think VK is a prio to solve. I would, however, look at Mazer. Might consider Jarrod too. I have a feeling my readlist needs some updating.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Imo we have two scenarios if I'm going off the assumption that VK and I are both town, either of these is the world we're living in:
1. The Claws wagon was primarily town driven, and scum hopped on toward the end thinking they'd be free of blame.
2. The Claws wagon was entirely town driven, and scum didn't bother voting him because they didn't need to.

If I'm super duper wrong and VK is scum, then I guess that kinda explains the Claws wagon, but I know for sure that at least one of his pushers was town (me).

I do think BlindNinja is probably town because of how Peter placed his vote on Caito; I still think Claws is right about that.

I think Matthieu and maybe one other person said Claws is a valuable asset as town because he's good at reads, and I can tell you I have my doubts about his scumread on VK but it's still something in the back of my mind for later reference. He was also saying he thought MTR was scum so that kinda lines up with the MTR/VK world, even if I think it's less probable than other options. And he said Jarrod if MTR is town, which I'm currently entertaining as a theory.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Ngl I hope the player who gets the gun is someone who's in the PoE so that I can stop worrying about solving them.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Actually maybe it's not matthieu

I can definitely see scum staking their life on town, but I don't know if I see scum staking their life on town and then going "well I told you, and now you're gonna kill me anyway so why bother?"

I would've expected him to have a bit more fight left than that, granted RE4 is a thing, but I'm gonna try focusing elsewhere for a bit.

Top Bottom