Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vanillatown 2: Revenge is a Dish Best Served Kosher (Mafia 3)

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Vote Count
2 - Listo95 (Val the Moofia Boss, Matthieu)
2 - Val the Moofia Boss (VoidKitten, WindwardAway)
1 - Matthieu (MTR)

Not Voting: LemonDemonGirl, Listo95

Listo95

Doing a quick glance it seems the biggest suspects would be my slot, val, and mat. I know I'm town. When I have time later today I'm gonna give vote records a look at to see if I spot anything in them.

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
Unvote: Kareemah
Vote: MTR

Very little has changed since the previous day phase, though you were claiming back then that you were uncertain as to where to go. Now you're suddenly all for eliminating either Val, myself or both of us.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Vote Count
2 - Val the Moofia Boss (VoidKitten, WindwardAway)
1 - Listo95 (Val the Moofia Boss)
1 - Matthieu (MTR)
1 - MTR (Matthieu)

Not Voting: LemonDemonGirl, Listo95

I'm looking at the final vote counts for each day. Obviously this doesn't account for people changing their votes throughout a day, but it's the weekend and I'm not inclined to look through 1,410 posts.

The scum were Caito (lynched D1) and FutureHold (lynched D3). Noticed that Satsu (later replaced by Voidkitten) was the last vote for both scum. Voidkitten is the only player to have been on the lynch of both scum. Ofcourse, Void could have been extremely lucky, but when combined with the consistent placement of being the last player on the lynch, it feels like it could be a scum who threw in on their teammate at the last second to look good. That makes Void an acceptable target in my book.

I would like to remind people that LDG exists. She usually coasts through games, and if she's scum then she usually get busted by a TPR (or killed by another team). There are no power roles this game, so it is entirely possible she can coast through to lylo. If that happens, I'd be inclined to suggest lynching her. As aforementioned, the last scum could be a lurker and we can't rely on the usual methods to check them out.

Nothing feels particularly off about Windward at this time.

I have no opinion on MTR.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
If I were going to bus my teammates you bet I wouldn’t be horribly wrong twice before I do it. If I bus I start at the beginning.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
We have 3 yeets left. The last remaining scum has to survive three yeets, which means the game can be solved with a PoE of 3.

I am tagging everyone because i'd like everyone to go on record. Who are your 3 PoE right now for the solve and why those 3?

@Listo95
@WindwardAway
@Val the Moofia Boss
@Matthieu
@LemonDemonGirl
@MTR

For the record, I am at MTR/Matthieu with Windward or Val. I do think Windward is likely self resolving, depending on how risky the final scum feels. If Windward is in lylo, its sus, but completely dependant on who the other final person is.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Okay. So trying to look back through all of this and not quite able do as much as I want. Here is just where I stand

Listo town because Kareemah was town. She was not the other scum.

LDG is being town LDG or at least not scum LDG to me.

The more I look I am thinking the same thing about Val.

Void and Windward seem to be actively trying to solve things and just come off town to me

Matthieu is also throwing things out when he is around.

If I had to do a top three then Matthieu, Val, either Void/Windward

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
We have 3 yeets left. The last remaining scum has to survive three yeets, which means the game can be solved with a PoE of 3.

I am tagging everyone because i'd like everyone to go on record. Who are your 3 PoE right now for the solve and why those 3?

@Listo95
@WindwardAway
@Val the Moofia Boss
@Matthieu
@LemonDemonGirl
@MTR

For the record, I am at MTR/Matthieu with Windward or Val. I do think Windward is likely self resolving, depending on how risky the final scum feels. If Windward is in lylo, its sus, but completely dependant on who the other final person is.
If I have to have 3 in my PoE, Listo/Val/MTR i think.

Val's last post wasn't so bad. I'm not feeling as tinfoily on MTR today as I was yesterday, but he's not completely clear, either. I feel increasingly better about Matthieu, and I'm absolutely not tinfoiling you. If for some reason things went horribly wrong and we were both in LyLo, there's a high chance I'd crossvote with whoever the other player is, as of my current feeling.

I don't think I'm self-resolving since I'm new and none of you are really that familiar with how I play. I can be dangerous to wolves if I'm still alive in late-game and properly reevaluating, but I'm also a common tinfoil target for the same reason.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Okay. So trying to look back through all of this and not quite able do as much as I want. Here is just where I stand

Listo town because Kareemah was town. She was not the other scum.

LDG is being town LDG or at least not scum LDG to me.

The more I look I am thinking the same thing about Val.

Void and Windward seem to be actively trying to solve things and just come off town to me

Matthieu is also throwing things out when he is around.

If I had to do a top three then Matthieu, Val, either Void/Windward
Would you stake your life on Listo being town?

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
And how likely do you think it is that we have a power wolf alive (Void or me)? Or is that more of a just in case thing?

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
Just to get it out there I want to say that I think if Void were scum he would have gone for someone other than Jarrod. I know I would have done as much, since although Jarrod was confirmed town it would have led to more paranoia and chaos if somebody else died instead. He likes a challenge, after all.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Just to get it out there I want to say that I think if Void were scum he would have gone for someone other than Jarrod. I know I would have done as much, since although Jarrod was confirmed town it would have led to more paranoia and chaos if somebody else died instead. He likes a challenge, after all.
I also would've gone for someone other than Jarrod lol
Not that anyone has to believe me, but I'm just saying I think it would've been a completely valid strategy as you said here.

Listo95

D1:
4 - MTR (FutureHold, Matthieu, Claws, LDG)
4 - Caito (CWE, Peter Griffin/Blind, Val the Moofia Boss, Satsu/Void)
1 - Matthieu (Mazer)
1 - CWE (Caito)
1 - FutureHold (MTR)
1 - Claws (Jarrod1983)
NV: WindwardAway, Kareemah/Listo

D2:
5 - Claws (Kareemah/Listo, VoidKitten, MTR, Val the Moofia Boss, WindwardAway)
3 - Matthieu (Mazer, Claws, Jarrod1983)
1 - Kareemah/Listo (Matthieu)
NV: Future, PG/Blind, LDG

D3:
3 - FutureHold (Matthieu, MTR, VoidKitten)
2 - WindwardAway (FutureHold, WindwardAway)
1 - Val the Moofia Boss (Jarrod1983)
1 - Jarrod1983 (Val the Moofia Boss)
NV: Kareemah/Listo, LDG

I'll just say this now. Void feels town to me and I won't get within 100 feet of lynching him.
From voting Matthieu could go either way but I feel like its closer to a town lean. Looking deeper into D3, he was the 3rd vote originally but Windward and Val both swapped. I see Wind swapped due to getting L-1 though.
LDG is LDG, I can never read her for my life.
Val is honestly one of my most sus people with votes and looking through the game.
MTR I think is unlikely. Decent bus spot on Future though.
Windward feels town? I don't really know how they post/vote though. Vote record does not look good though.
And I am the towniest town to ever town.

My top 3 for scum would be: Val - Matthieu - Wind/MTR

Listo95

Looking back through Future posts, he rarely talked about Val except calling him town on D3 and then instantly saying he could be a potential scum at end of day. His final post said he thought Kareemah (my slot) and Windward were scum. Then mentioned Void/MTR/Val as possible options for scum

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
I have been going town on Void but now that we are the end I am starting to wonder a little

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
I also would've gone for someone other than Jarrod lol
Not that anyone has to believe me, but I'm just saying I think it would've been a completely valid strategy as you said here.
I absolutely would have chosen someone other than Jarrod for the paranoia factor that is already present.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
I am sort of happy with where my vote is but I also feel like I might have a different opinion if people would just talk a bit more about their reads and where they're at 😅 not like I can expect everyone to want to commit all their free time to this game, but it's very hard to solve other players if I can't follow their process.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
I think the biggest risk that could cause us to lose this game comes from inactivity or unwillingness to talk, whichever of those two is applicable. Town has to find each other, and obviously the last wolf does not. But if town doesn't communicate, we'll just end up piling on each other and pointing fingers where we could just as easily have worked together instead to solve. We outnumber the last wolf by quite a bit, so if we could actually cooperate it would be great.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Vote Count
3 - Val the Moofia Boss (VoidKitten, WindwardAway, LemonDemonGirl)
1 - Matthieu (MTR)
1 - LemonDemonGirl (Val the Moofia Boss)
1 - MTR (Matthieu)

Not Voting: Listo95

9 hours remain

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Weekends are the worst for me to actually be around. I sit on my computer all day at work so it becomes easier.

I am not saying much because i want to see what others say. Part of me wants to move off of Val onto Matthieu or MTR.

Part of me feels we need to take care of Val.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Weekends are the worst for me to actually be around. I sit on my computer all day at work so it becomes easier.

I am not saying much because i want to see what others say. Part of me wants to move off of Val onto Matthieu or MTR.

Yeah that's roughly the same conflict I face
I'm less certain that Listo is town than you and MTR are, but at least one of you has to be town, so im putting at least some faith into that kareemah read.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her

But speaking of Matthieu, do you not feel as confident in your townread on him anymore?

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
I am not sure what else anyone has to say at this point though.
I don't have much to add 😬 I was hoping people would come in with a bit more analysis, but unfortunately that's not very likely if the thread is generally quiet and nothing new crops up.

Listo95

My main thing right now is do we think claws train was entirely town?

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
40 minutes remain

I won't be available enough to do a writeup right away, but I'll give you guys the flip results

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
I gotta find the final VC for that day, I'll get back to you on it in a moment
Was this the final VC?
Copied it from the discord but I'll crosscheck in the thread for good measure

**Vote Count** 6 - Claws (Kareemah, VoidKitten, MTR, Jarrod1983, Mazer, Claws) 1 - VoidKitten (Val the Moofia Boss) 1 - Kareemah (Matthieu) *Not Voting*: FutureHold, Peter Griffin, LemonDemonGirl, WindwardAway

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Sorry all, overslept my nap a bit. Phase officially ended at 8:08pm EST, this is the final vote count

Vote Count
5 - Claws (Kareemah, VoidKitten, MTR, Val the Moofia Boss, Windward Away)
3 - Matthieu (Mazer, Claws, Jarrod1983)
1 - VoidKitten (Val the Moofia Boss)
1 - Kareemah (Matthieu)

Not Voting: FutureHold, Peter Griffin, LemonDemonGirl

You sweet, sweet, summer children...
Nvm this one was
Claws didn't vote himself at the end like the discord VC showed

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Uh no I don't think that wagon was entirely town lol

Kareemah hasn't flipped
Void hasn't flipped
MTR hasn't flipped
Val hasn't flipped
I haven't flipped

But hey, that Matthieu wagon was entirely town! Mazer, Claws and Jarrod have all flipped green.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Wait idk why Val is listed twice there, did I quote the wrong post? I swear it said that one was the final VC

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Nvm that was because Val unvoted VK and voted Claws but somehow the VC got botched by Psycho. Lol

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Man that D2 Matthieu wagon really has me wondering now that I've noticed all 3 voters are confirmed town

It doesn't make Matthieu scum, he could just be really unlucky, but if he's scum then why didnt Future try to save him?

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
If I assume the last scum is on Claws' wagon, that means Matthieu was town with town piled on him

But considering the wagon movement off of Claws and (briefly) onto Matthieu was later in the day than when Kareemah was in the thread, she might not even have known about it, and as a wolf she wouldn't care if they're both town wagons.

Val ended up voting Claws and wouldn't have had a preference on who flipped if he's the last scum

MTR preferred Matthieu iirc and attempted to start that CFD (can someone fact check that?) but voted to ensure a lynch, which he wouldn't need to care about if he's the last scum

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
VK said he vastly preferred Claws over Matthieu and made it very clear, although he also said he'd switch to ensure a lynch
He didn't need to care, either, as a wolf

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
I didn't care very much which one went over, because I was indecisive and kept changing my mind

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Idk i don't have time to read the entire EoD2 sequence again, and two of you vetoed voting Listo today

I'm pretty solid on the last scum NOT being someone who HAD a strong preference on Claws vs Matthieu, so I'll keep my townread on VK for being clear about thinking w!Claws and t!Matthieu, I'll stop tinfoiling MTR because he started the CFD attempt, and that leaves Val/Listo/Matthieu as my PoE

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Matthieu insisted that Claws was town, and let's not forget, he offered to give himself up to flip before Claws

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
I'm pretty damn solid on the last wolf being one of Listo/Val, with room for error pointing to Matthieu as the only other possibility

Since you guys want Listo alive, I'm fine with flipping Val and waiting for results. If Val is town, I'm pushing Listo for answers. Sadly he can't actually speak for whatever Kareemah did, but if the game doesn't end today, then I hope he can at least talk some more so I can solidify my read.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
I feel kinda bad I wasn't checking the thread much, work was bleh and then I was out the whole evening and now I'm back to working overtime to finish something at 1 am because I hate myself lol

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Would've liked to interact a bit more with Listo since I was hoping either he had a fresh perspective or I could smoke him out if scum

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Uh no I don't think that wagon was entirely town lol

Kareemah hasn't flipped
Void hasn't flipped
MTR hasn't flipped
Val hasn't flipped
I haven't flipped

But hey, that Matthieu wagon was entirely town! Mazer, Claws and Jarrod have all flipped green.
Lmao wolves have only been killing folks off the Claws wagon

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
That was the other thing I meant to say with that analysis, but got distracted and forgot

Normally I'd say there's a reason for that strategy
But if the last wolf is a slanker then it might not have been a thought

It does make me really wonder if it's Matthieu, or if it's a frame on him

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
That was the other thing I meant to say with that analysis, but got distracted and forgot

Normally I'd say there's a reason for that strategy
But if the last wolf is a slanker then it might not have been a thought

It does make me really wonder if it's Matthieu, or if it's a frame on him
Wait nvm Jarrod was probably not a Matthieu kill
And we lynched Claws so that's definitely our fault, probably mine since I veered back onto him at the last minute

Anyway I'll shut up now and give people some breathing room to either do some analysis of their own, or bounce stuff off what I posted

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Er, one more thing.
Why was Mazer killed just when suspicion was surmounting on him? Was the wolf team just not reading the thread?

Day 4 Results

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Vote Count
3 - Val the Moofia Boss (VoidKitten, WindwardAway, LemonDemonGirl)
1 - Matthieu (MTR)
1 - LemonDemonGirl (Val the Moofia Boss)
1 - MTR (Matthieu)

Not Voting: Listo95

9 hours remain
This is the final vote count

Val the Moofia Boss has been eliminated. He was Vanilla Town.

It is now Night Four. You have 24 hours.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Honestly pretty sure Windward is town. There is no reason for her to tryhard as scum currently. We have a PoE pretty much set out and there really wasn't that much mroe to do. If she's scum, congrats. You did quite well.

So Windward and I are town. One of us should be resolved tonight unless the final scum is feeling spicy.

MTR
Matthieu
Listo (Kareemah)
LDG

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Alternatively, if we take out the three people who said they wouldn't touch Jarrod with a 10 ft pole as scum

That is MTR and LDG

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
MTR, LDG, and Listo left. But Listo wouldn't have made the kill so this matters not. Would Kareemah have made that kill? I only see that if she just listened to Future. I do not think Kareemah was making any kills this game. So I guess i can put Listo in town again.

MTR
Matthieu
LDG

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Town:

Void - Because I am
Listo - I do not believe Kareemah was invested in this game at all. The only way I see her doing the kill last night is if she just listened to Future in scum chat. Again, I have a meta reason for this and will share after the game, but yeah.
Windward - Has a ton of WIM. If she is scum, gg you deserve a win. Got me to drop my tinfoil...mostly. I usually murder things I tinfoil.

That leaves MTR, Matthieu, and LDG.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
What i was saying earlier was that Matthieu, Windward, and I all said we would not kill Jarrod and would have gone for another person.

Windward and I agreeing are both town. So was the original comment on that also from a towny PoV? Or a scum feeling the need to say something.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
I would not be willing to risk my game on LDG possibly random voting at the end.

Though LDG is a good chance at a misyeet? Maybe? But probably not. I don't see us yeeting her without some other reason of scumminess.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Seriously. PSA from VK. LDG will vote how she wants or with someone she likes. It will not be based on anyones play outside of there immediate inherent feelings when LDG votes. This is how she plays the game.

I would kill it. No offense LDG. But you are a wildcard, I do not have confidence that I would be able to sway you to my side depending on a spur of the moment thing.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Alternatively, if LDG is scum (i dont think she is), and wins? She will literally die early every game thereafter. I already foresee it.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
@Matthieu

Why do you have to lie to me twice about not betraying my trust? Do you not see how this could affect our relationship? All those stories we shared and here you are potentially betraying my trust of you.

So, do you think its MTR? If so why? Or do you think its someone else.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
@MTR

I cannot believe you and Future voted on each other as scum buddies. While you and i may not have had a spoken thing, Future and I had. And you betraying my trust is almost as bad as me getting Future yeeted when he wasn't the last scum. It hurts.

So, do you think Matthieu is scum? How does Val's flip change things? Not necessarily your target but does it make you think things other than just PoE lowering?

Top Bottom