Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vanillatown 2: Revenge is a Dish Best Served Kosher (Mafia 3)

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Vote Count
1 - Matthieu (MTR)
1 - MTR (Matthieu)

Not Voting: LemonDemonGirl, WindwardAway, Listo95

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
You tried, yes. Though you also conveniently trust everybody as town but me. Assuming I was eliminated last day phase, who you would you be looking at today with that in mind?
Had we yeeted you and you had flipped town then I would have gone after Val since he was next on my list.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
And again not sure what else I can do or say to sway people to Matthieu that I haven't already said. So go ahead and yeet me if you think it is the way to go so that you see my green flip and then go for him.

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
Had we yeeted you and you had flipped town then I would have gone after Val since he was next on my list.

Right. Yet Val was town, so that would be the wrong move.

Another question - putting me aside, of the players currently alive who would you look at as suspicious after taking me out?

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Windward because Windward and Void were the next people on my poe list and I am assuming Void still gets taken out during the night.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
NIGHT FOUR

The days after the big battle were too quiet. The Kosherville Resistance were on edge, knowing the retaliation would come, but growing ever nervous as the days went by without any real response. Well, Val the Moofia Boss had been killed in a routine Flavor Check, but that was par for the course at this point.

What they didn’t know is that Flavor 4 was using this Flavor Checks as an opportunity to interrogate and torture the citizens of Kosherville to squeeze out any juicy information about The Resistance. That is what we catch him in the middle of doing as he’s grinding a cheese shredder against the back of a block of cheddar. He hollers out in pain, never before experiencing such excruciating pain. Flavor 4 thought that surely this was enough.

“Come on, pal - there’s no reason to protect your friends. We’ll get you one way or another whether I get the info I need from you or one of them. So I’ll ask one more time - “

He pushes the shredder up against the cheddar’s back.

“Who is a part of the Kosherville Resistance?!”

VoidKitten laughs to himself, at the end of his rope and knowing he’ll die before this is over. He spits on the ground defiantly.

“You aren’t getting shit from me. We may not be perfect, but The Resistance will whittle you down one-by-one. And soon, they’ll find you, Flavor 4. And when they do…you’re a dead man like the rest of your crew.”

Flavor 4 had heard enough, as he begins shredding away with intense fervor, leaving nothing left of the inquisitive cheese.

VoidKitten has been killed. He was a piece of buttered toast, Vanilla Town.

—-------

It is now Day Five. With 5 players alive, it takes 3 votes to reach majority. You have 48 hours(Deadline @ 7pm EST)

Player List
2. @Matthieu
4. @LemonDemonGirl
6. @MTR
10. @WindwardAway
11. @Listo95

Dead Players
1. Caito - Flavor 2, Mafia Goon
2. CWE - Vanilla Town
3. Claws - Vanilla Town
4. Mazer - Vanilla Town
5. Blind Ninja - The Ghost of Vanillatown, Town Desperado
6. FutureHold - Flavor 4, Mafia Goon
7. Jarrod 1983 - Vanilla Town
8. Val the Moofia Boss - Vanilla Town
9. VoidKitten - Vanilla Town

Down to the end.
Vote: Matthieu
You were definitely around after the kill was announced, why is VK still in your PoE?

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
I mean you voted 4 minutes after the start of day, so you must've been aware the day started, and yet you forgot VK is dead already?

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
I don't get it. You said after that you think I'm town, but on the other hand you'd yeet me right after Matthieu, meaning you're more certain I'm scum than Listo or LDG.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
I mean you voted 4 minutes after the start of day, so you must've been aware the day started, and yet you forgot VK is dead already?
He asked me who I would have gone after today had we voted him instead of Val and the game was still going. I said Val. He mentioned that well we know that Val was town so who after that. I said then you because I am assuming Void still dies during the night no matter who we yeeted the day before. Sorry if that was not clear but read the back and forth between us and it should make sense.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Okay so just a heads up. I am about to walk out the door to go see multiple hours of wrestling tonight. Won't be back until late.

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
If it isn't MTR then LDG is my next best guess based purely on the 'wildcard' factor.

On my end, I don't take notes in these games. I just go with the flow and sometimes that works out and sometimes it backfires. Though I guess that allows me to be more...flexible? I don't know - I just get the impression that MTR is being prone to tunnel vision and being too unwilling to adjust his reads.

After re-reading the thread, though, I haven't found anything that really stands out to tug at beyond it looking like Windward and I have just been kept around to misyeet in the late game - which happens pretty frequently around these parts as a scum tactic. Meanwhile most of the more vocal/active players have been taken out one by one. No offence to Listo, but that was a major part in my decision to double down on Kareemah earlier on.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Well idk who it is anymore, I think I misread MTR's post and he was actually talking about if yesterday had hypothetically gone differently

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Idk if I'm gonna be around for deadline. I feel like just letting the elim rand because I honestly don't know. If that sounds like a scummy thing to say and you're both town, then I'm sorry, I guess you can CFD to yeet me today instead.

Listo95

Idk if I'm gonna be around for deadline. I feel like just letting the elim rand because I honestly don't know. If that sounds like a scummy thing to say and you're both town, then I'm sorry, I guess you can CFD to yeet me today instead.
I’d rather we not have a CFD on you because I at least trust you more than everyone else.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
I’d rather we not have a CFD on you because I at least trust you more than everyone else.
Yeah but you have no reason to
I could be a really good wolf
Or I could just be town who's going to get lynched out of paranoia in LyLo and we will immediately lose the game because I'm realistically the only good LyLo lynch.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Because I'm loud, I'm mostly townread, and I've been wrong the entire game. Doesn't that raise any red flags for you?

Listo95

Yeah but you have no reason to
I could be a really good wolf
Or I could just be town who's going to get lynched out of paranoia in LyLo and we will immediately lose the game because I'm realistically the only good LyLo lynch.
Nah you’re not the only good one. I find pretty much everyone still alive at this point is easy LyLo bait. I’m used to being it. LDG is an easy one, and the reasons you stated for yourself.

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
Because I'm loud, I'm mostly townread, and I've been wrong the entire game. Doesn't that raise any red flags for you?
It's also your first game playing with us, so for that reason alone I'm more than willing to give you the benefit of the doubt. You're fairly active and at least explaining your thought processes - in the event that you are scum then I'd honestly commend your acting skills.

I'd be more worried if you seemed to have all the answers despite not playing with us all before.

Another route we could take is to just vote to sleep. We avoid a day elimination and someone will likely be killed during the night but if that is the case then it makes it slightly less of a shot in the dark during the next day phase. That said, I'm not against leaving it to a random elimination. If we get lucky, that'll at least solve our problem outright.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Vote Count
2 - MTR (Matthieu, WindwardAway)
1 - Matthieu (MTR)

Not Voting: LemonDemonGirl, Listo95

19 hours remain. 3 votes is a majority.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
If you want we can just end this phase since I doubt anything is gonna change soon.
Nah, might as well wait till closer to deadline, just to make sure nobody has anything else they've suddenly thought of that they want to say

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Vote Count
1 - MTR (Matthieu)
1 - Matthieu (MTR)

Not Voting: LemonDemonGirl, Listo95, WindwardAway

Just under 7 hours remain. 3 votes is a majority.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
There were 3 scum to begin with, Caito flipped scum, FutureHold flipped scum, and there's only 1 left now.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Kareemah was town so therefore Listo is town.

I was down to Val and Matthieu and more I look I say Val is town and Matthieu is the way to go. I admit more of a gut read at this point but the way I am feeling

If we are going to run two trains then we need to get off Listo and switch to Matthieu

Vote: Matthieu

Unvote: Kareemah
Vote: MTR

Very little has changed since the previous day phase, though you were claiming back then that you were uncertain as to where to go. Now you're suddenly all for eliminating either Val, myself or both of us.

Okay. So trying to look back through all of this and not quite able do as much as I want. Here is just where I stand

Listo town because Kareemah was town. She was not the other scum.

LDG is being town LDG or at least not scum LDG to me.

The more I look I am thinking the same thing about Val.

Void and Windward seem to be actively trying to solve things and just come off town to me

Matthieu is also throwing things out when he is around.

If I had to do a top three then Matthieu, Val, either Void/Windward

OK, it sounds like Matthieu is lowest in your readlist by a fair bit, do you have a full case on him or is it mainly by process of elimination?

Combination of process of elimination and gut read.

Ok, and if we flipped him today and he hypothetically flipped town, would you go to Val next or would you have to reconsider?

I think I would go Val next

And what if Matthieu flipped town and then Val died at night? You'd go into tomorrow with me/Void/Listo/LDG.

I would go you/void since you two are the end of my top three.

Looking back through Future posts, he rarely talked about Val except calling him town on D3 and then instantly saying he could be a potential scum at end of day. His final post said he thought Kareemah (my slot) and Windward were scum. Then mentioned Void/MTR/Val as possible options for scum

I have been going town on Void but now that we are the end I am starting to wonder a little

OK so I'm dumping quotes here

MTR did say he preferred yeeting Matthieu to Val yesterday, so that does line up with his voting. He didn't start out the day thinking Matthieu was scummy, just that he was less towny than Val.

However, as I pointed out earlier, MTR put a bit of shade on Void and it never caught on for anyone else, which is also why I think MTR would've chosen to kill Void last night - VK was widely townread, loud, and mightve been pushing correctly. (And again, that's why I spent yesterday and last night repeating over and over again that I'd never tinfoil VK, because I wanted to ensure his death, as odd as that sounds.)

Other notes:

Everyone seems to think Listo's slot is town so he's probably actually threadspewed town now, which is good because I don't need to worry about him anymore.

LDG is probably town so the PoE is still MTR/Matthieu with one of them being the last wolf.

I was kinda hoping MTR would say something after I attempted to vote him when I mistakenly thought it was a minute to deadline. It was a legit error on my part, but I kinda hoped I could turn it into a reaction test. We're less than 4 hours to EoD, and he hasn't come back. It could be a recency bias, but I am increasingly certain that all of the dead townies who thought MTR was a wolf might be right.

Do we think Future couldve rule-of-three'd his remaining partner in listing Void/MTR/Val as his PoE before he flipped? I think it's reasonably likely, and we know that Void/Val were both town. He was probably antispewing because he also listed Kareemah earlier and pushed on me somewhat aggressively for part of the day , and I know I'm town and now think Listo is also town, so throwing down 3 names at the very end before flipping seems like he just wanted to hastily create WIFOM, and very likely threw a wolf in there.

Well, I guess I've made up my mind now. I don't think my opinion really changed at all in the last however many hours, but at least I've found evidence that points to MTR being the correct elimination.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Vote: MTR

MTR is now at L-1.

If MTR doesn't have any last words, I'm fine with a hammer whenever.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
I was out at a wrestling show last night and was not up to getting on a computer or phone after I got home. I posted I would be gone. To be fair I expected to be yeeted while I was gone or while I was sleeping.

I have tried to think if there was anything else I could say to defend myself or show Matthieu is scum but I can't think of anything else.

We are going in circles at this point so honestly the remaining voters should just go ahead and vote and go ahead and end the day.

If you guys yeet me then who ever lives through the night needs to go Matthieu next day phase.

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
If you guys yeet me then who ever lives through the night needs to go Matthieu next day phase.
If you aren't scum, then it's very possible that I'll be the one to the killed during the upcoming night phase to get the remaining three players to point accusatory fingers at one another. So I think that's something people need to bear in mind and account for - as well as not rushing into the next day phase with any votes as it'll only take two (?) to successfully get off an elimination.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
If you aren't scum, then it's very possible that I'll be the one to the killed during the upcoming night phase to get the remaining three players to point accusatory fingers at one another. So I think that's something people need to bear in mind and account for - as well as not rushing into the next day phase with any votes as it'll only take two (?) to successfully get off an elimination.
That would be terrible 😬 good for clearing you but bad for all other reasons, lol

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Vote Count
3 - MTR (Matthieu, WindwardAway, Listo95)
1 - Matthieu (MTR)

Not Voting: LemonDemonGirl

That's a lynch. Writeup incoming.

Day 5 Results

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
DAY FIVE

The citizens of Kosherville were still waiting for a retaliation, until they realized certain key members of The Resistance were disappearing. And with each night, more were disappearing at a time. This was because Flavor 4's impatience grew with each over-tortured victim, and more reinforcements showed up each day after the unexpected loss. Impatient and rash as he was, Flavor 4 was going to make sure he was more than prepared for this final encounter. However, that impatience did take precedent, as rather than finding the rats, he decided to draw them out. Especially after stumbling upon a rather important member of The Resistance - the pork chop.

That's why the citizens of Kosherville were all shocked when they were witness to a meat choppwr constructed in the center of town. On the wooden platform lie the pork chop, and above him hangs a large steak knife, suspended by a rope held by Flavor 4. A sadistic grins stretches across the wafer's mouth as he raises a loud speaker with his free hand.

"Members of the Kosherville Resistance, and all concerned citizens of this humble town - I present to you an opportunity. An opportunity to erase the mistakes of the uprising a few days ago in which my brother in arms, Flavor 3, was so brutally assassinated."

The citizens were thoroughly unsettled.

"All you have to do is surrender yourselves if you were involved in the conflict, and everything can be settled painlessly. If you know someone involved, then give them away. If you do this, I will spare this young pork chop's life. But if you refuse…"

He lets go of the rope as the knife promptly drops, stopping only inches away from the pork chop's face as Flavor 4 grabs the rope again. The crowd breathes a sog of relief, while the pork chop, nervous as he is, remains stoic in the face of death.

"All you have to do…is give yourselves up."

The townspeople buzzed. Even though there were many not involved, they knew people that were. Specific members of The Resistance felt their limbs wanting to push them forward, but as the pork chop turned to gaze upon them all, his face made his desire clear: don't say a word and don't give in. Those who almost relented held strong, and regrettably, held their ground.

The pork chop knew there was no trusting the words of a Flavor Boy, and hoped that his death would be the spark to invite the hesitant citizens to fight along The Resistance. Flavor 4 sighed as his gambit didn't fully pay off, but it made no difference - he knew they were gathered here regardless.

"So be it. You sealed his fate."

He let go of the rope, and the knife fell with fierce velocity, chopping MTR's juicy body in twain.

"Kill them all."

With those words from Flavor 4, The Militia charged the crowd and began unleashing a hail of gunfire. The final battle had begun.

MTR has been eliminated. He was the pork chop Resistance leader, Vanilla Town.

—-------

It is now Night Five. You have 24 hours from this post or until the kill is processed.

Discussion is still allowed.

Player List
2. @Matthieu
4. @LemonDemonGirl
10. @WindwardAway
11. @Listo95

Dead Players
2. CWE - Vanilla Town
3. Claws - Vanilla Town
4. Mazer - Vanilla Town
10. MTR - Vanilla Town

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
I'm not, though. How can I be when I've repeatedly asked to be eliminated to stop me reaching end game knowing I'd be exploited as a means of costing town the game? I haven't just pushed for that to happen once, either, I did it over multiple day phases and nobody went along with it.

Listo95

I'm not, though. How can I be when I've repeatedly asked to be eliminated to stop me reaching end game knowing I'd be exploited as a means of costing town the game? I haven't just pushed for that to happen once, either, I did it over multiple day phases and nobody went along with it.
LDG is town. She spewed it that way. I'm town, multiple dead townies have said that. Wind is town in 9/10 universes to me. That literally leaves you as the only possible scum person to me.

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
LDG is town. She spewed it that way. I'm town, multiple dead townies have said that. Wind is town in 9/10 universes to me. That literally leaves you as the only possible scum person to me.
On what basis? What, specifically, points to me as not being town? The entire game has consisted of people going back and forth on whether I can be trusted or not and refusing to listen to any reads I put forward as well as any attempts at mitigation I took to try and prevent me making it to end game/allowing lurkers to make it to end game.

Listo95

On what basis? What, specifically, points to me as not being town? The entire game has consisted of people going back and forth on whether I can be trusted or not and refusing to listen to any reads I put forward as well as any attempts at mitigation I took to try and prevent me making it to end game/allowing lurkers to make it to end game.
I know I am town. LDG is 100% town. It is literally between you and Wind to me. I trust Wind more than you. Simple.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Then who's the last wolf in your opinion? It wasn't MTR.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
This game has made me realize I literally make up reasons to support my reads instead of the other way around, lol.

Numerous people have pointed out that I do it throughout my forum mafia career, and I always deny it, but I have legit dug for reasons in this game to support extremely weak reads that I made on a whim because I felt like I needed to justify gut reads, and clearly it didn't make them any more real lol.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
The other thing I've learned is that Matthieu is probably very tonally consistent as any alignment lol

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
I'm still pretty sure I'm not gonna die tonight, though
LyLo will almost definitely include me because I have a horrible track record now

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
Then who's the last wolf in your opinion? It wasn't MTR.
Given his sudden shift in attitude, I'd have to say Listo. I'm not just saying that based on the fact that he's going after me, either - but when I proposed that we vote to sleep or take me out instead of MTR he didn't want to go and pursue that route but now, suddenly, he's extremely convinced that I'm the final member of the scum team. If I'm right, then he very likely isn't going to take me out during the night which means that he'll take out either you or LDG instead. I suppose it doesn't matter much who he goes for since he's perfectly capable of strong arming people into agreeing with his read.

I'd strongly suggest going back through the thread and examining my posts. I've been pretty consistent in trying to go after lurkers in this game as well as offering myself up on a platter precisely to avoid being in this exact same predicament in the first place.

I honestly don't know what to say other than that.

Listo95

Given his sudden shift in attitude, I'd have to say Listo. I'm not just saying that based on the fact that he's going after me, either - but when I proposed that we vote to sleep or take me out instead of MTR he didn't want to go and pursue that route but now, suddenly, he's extremely convinced that I'm the final member of the scum team. If I'm right, then he very likely isn't going to take me out during the night which means that he'll take out either you or LDG instead. I suppose it doesn't matter much who he goes for since he's perfectly capable of strong arming people into agreeing with his read.

I'd strongly suggest going back through the thread and examining my posts. I've been pretty consistent in trying to go after lurkers in this game as well as offering myself up on a platter precisely to avoid being in this exact same predicament in the first place.

I honestly don't know what to say other than that.
Lol. Not like I get like this anyways when I'm confident :p

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
Not like I had you 2nd on my scum list anyways.
So you're just gambling on a whim and risking a loss, then? Assuming you can be trusted.

That said, I will be equal parts infuriated and amused if everybody has just been giving LDG a pass based on LDG doing LDG things only for it to turn out that she's the last remaining member of the scum team.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
So you're just gambling on a whim and risking a loss, then? Assuming you can be trusted.

That said, I will be equal parts infuriated and amused if everybody has just been giving LDG a pass based on LDG doing LDG things only for it to turn out that she's the last remaining member of the scum team.
Yeah but is she capable of taking a town slip as scum?

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
No. No, she is not.
We can't rule anything out and stranger things have happened. I'd be surprised if it were the case, certainly, though purely on the basis of examining every possibility some of LDG's posts do arguably have an almost 'duper's delight' vibe to them.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
We can't rule anything out and stranger things have happened. I'd be surprised if it were the case, certainly, though purely on the basis of examining every possibility some of LDG's posts do arguably have an almost 'duper's delight' vibe to them.
The vibe I got was that she literally has not paid attention to anything in the game except for two things.

One, that VK said she could be a liability in LyLo, and two, that Val was inactive.

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
The vibe I got was that she literally has not paid attention to anything in the game except for two things.

One, that VK said she could be a liability in LyLo, and two, that Val was inactive.
Yeah. I don't even remember the last time LDG was scum, come to think of it. She seems to end up rolling town more often than not.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Yeah. I don't even remember the last time LDG was scum, come to think of it. She seems to end up rolling town more often than not.
That's to be expected, given the probability of rolling town in every game is always higher than the chance of rolling scum (except if the game setup is completely scuffed, which I've admittedly seen, but in most cases that's not a traditional mafia game).

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
It's probably gonna be LDG cause she spewed herself town, and imo it's not a debatable thing

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
For what it's worth, if its you then you did very well and have me fooled and there won't be any hard feelings. If I survive the night, I have more to say so hopefully the day phase won't end as soon as it begins.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Well it’s 100% him lol.
Yeah there's nothing to solve wrt LDG and by now I also believe you're town
Just wondering why we all let Matthieu stay alive for so long, that was probably paranoia getting the better of us

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Like I'm fairly sure I'll be alive and not dead because I'm not 100% convinced without digging up the evidence again, but I am like 90% there

Night 5 Results/Day 6 Start

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
NIGHT FIVE

The battle was violent. Despite the lessened numbers, both sides were fighting more viciously than ever before. Kosherville citizens and Flavor upholders were dropping dead left and right. It was a smorgasbord of delicious death. Despite what happened to Flavor 3, Flavor 4 was on the frontlines, brandishing a chainsaw and tearing through all that got in his way. One such poor soul was an innocent lemon who had the courage to confront the wayward wafer. She lifted up her gun shakily, aiming right for Flavor 4’s head with a flimsy musket. But her hesitance made her easy to read. She pulled the trigger, but Flavor 4 managed to move the chainsaw blade to cover his face, causing the bullet to ricochet. LemonDemonGirl panicked as she quickly began stuffing gunpowder into the barrel, but this only left her open to a chainsaw crashing down across her shoulder. Flavor 4, with a crazed look, pushed down further, as the chainsaw ripped through her body diagonally, chopping her in half and spraying the nearby area in lemon juice.

LemonDemonGirl has been killed. She was an innocent lemon, Vanilla Town

—-------

It is now Day Six. It is officially LYLO. With 3 players alive, it takes 2 votes to reach majority. You have 48 hours(Deadline @ 12pm EST)

Player List
2. @Matthieu
10. @WindwardAway
11. @Listo95

Dead Players
2. CWE - Vanilla Town
3. Claws - Vanilla Town
4. Mazer - Vanilla Town
10. MTR - Vanilla Town
11. LemonDemonGirl - Vanilla Town

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
One thing that does stand out to me, Windward, is Listo's eagerness to end the previous day phase. If you go back and read through the exchange - brief as it may have been - you'll note that I proposed a couple of options to help mitigate the readily telegraphed predicament that we're in now - just like I've been saying many times already. I don't even know what I'm supposed to defend myself against because nobody is even bringing any solid accusations to the table other than insisting that someone is '100% town' and so I must be scum based on...circumstantial process of elimination? Something else? Explain, please.

I really don't want to cost us the game.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Regardless of my current stance on the solve, I'll take the time to go through and review stuff and ask questions before I vote.

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
I don't get the impression that Claws is scum but rather being exploited as a potential easy target so if you want to go with me instead, go ahead.

At this point, I honestly want you guys to shoot me as soon as D3 starts so I can win on the technicality of 'I TOLD YOU SO'.
Even funnier if I get the gun myself. I'll shoot myself in that case for extra pettiness.
I'd rather eliminate a quiet player. Taking out vocal, active players early on is counterproductive.

I'm not entirely against the idea, since I find Mazer difficult to read in general and his eagerness for both Claws and myself to be taken out unnerves me.
Whoever gets the gun just shoot me when the next day phase starts. I'm glad I decided to go with my gut on Claws but to be honest with Resident Evil 4's remake launching at midnight tomorrow...I don't see much point in arguing back and forth only to become the next Claws.

Just look at Mazer when he leads not one but two innocent men to the gallows.
Take me out.
I'm fairly confident that Void can be trusted. He likes to solve games and typically when he's town he's more willing to look at things from different angles. I'm not just saying that because he's vouched for me, either.

Unfortunately I have a hunch that scum will just take him out to further isolate me since so many people have been oddly keen to just follow the crowd and go with the plan to eliminate both Claws and myself.

So I'm mostly concerned with mitigating that. Mazer should absolutely be yeeted once my alignment is revealed but I honestly don't know where to suggest going from there other than to just make your way through the quieter players. With two scum to find, I'd wager one is being vocal and another is sitting back. If that's not the case and Mazer isn't scum then...it'd be bitterly hilarious if both remaining scum are just sitting back and not really checking in because town are too busy arguing amongst themselves.

Which isn't an uncommon trend in these games but I don't have the energy to push harder for inactive players to be properly pushed and looked at.
Some choice quotes from the earlier stages of the game. I'll post more if needed - and going back to check the context behind them is, of course, advised but I'm really note sure what Listo thinks my game plan is meant to be, as scum by asking to be yeeted/shot with the gun across multiple day phases.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Matthieu, I know you can't answer for them but why do you think both MTR and VK were dead certain Listo was town? MTR even said he'd stake his life on it.

Listo95

Some choice quotes from the earlier stages of the game. I'll post more if needed - and going back to check the context behind them is, of course, advised but I'm really note sure what Listo thinks my game plan is meant to be, as scum by asking to be yeeted/shot with the gun across multiple day phases.
You’ve done stuff like that as scum and town.
Be back in a while, gotta walk home and then do stuff for a bit but I'll be in and out
Well I’ll just tell you that VK is one of the few people who almost never read me wrong.

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
Matthieu, I know you can't answer for them but why do you think both MTR and VK were dead certain Listo was town? MTR even said he'd stake his life on it.
Listo often comes across as fairly town but he can also be incredibly devious. I liked his 'catch up' posts but in hindsight I can't help but wonder - if he was scum, he'd have a scum chat to look back on as well which would allow him to custom tailor his talking points rather well.

There was a game a while back that cost town a win based on Listo being third party. He could have sided with town but chose not to and very cynically sided with scum instead - so he absolutely would throw either of us under the bus in order to win.

Incidentally, it's been the case for a while now but the main reason I trust you more than Listo is based entirely on you being 'kept around' in the same way I have been. I'm a little surprised that LDG was taken out, though, given how much of a wildcard she is.

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
You’ve done stuff like that as scum and town.

Well I’ll just tell you that VK is one of the few people who almost never read me wrong.
The key phrase there being 'almost never', eh? I need to go back and check, but wasn't Void casting doubt on you this game?

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
The key phrase there being 'almost never', eh? I need to go back and check, but wasn't Void casting doubt on you this game?
iirc he never did.
The only thing that may have resembled casting doubt on Listo was when VK went and tagged several people in separate posts to ask them to defend themselves on why they aren't scum.

Top Bottom