Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 14: Quest for Mafia - So you want to be a Hero?

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Vals not been defended, but at the same time he definitely hasnt been pushed by anyone.

Unless ofc Saner is in fact a wolf and we're really fucking up

Badger

“70% Furry, 30% Filthy, 100% Fun”
Pronouns
he/him
Fuck it let’s move the flag again.

Vote: Val

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Good morning Mazer

You have arrived just in time. We are yeeting Val tonight. Hop aboard!

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
why not bring the puzzle out start of day instead of just straight deez to neg back on it? im at the point we either lynch insaner and see if cwe is a dumb dumb or we just all forget about it and yeet future
I don't see cwe making anything up. But I feel like this just strengthens my town read on claws

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Second lurker to be put to death by none other than me

But what color will be his flip this time around?

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Good morning Mazer

You have arrived just in time. We are yeeting Val tonight. Hop aboard!
I'm still catching up. And I'm freezing my ass off at a windy field.

Not the best soccer/football day so far, so need to reverse some fortune on st Patty's day.

I appreciate the cordial greeting. And a top o the morning to you.

What's the val rationale?

The rationVAL, if you will

Badger

Pronouns
he/him

Not the best soccer/football day so far, so need to reverse some fortune on st Patty's day.

Been too quiet and lurking basically.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him

Because we gotta

Lol

Dreyski

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
I asked ChatGPT to try and decipher the code. It went a bit awry, but the final message made me laugh:

ME: The game is social deduction, the relevant players are CWE and Insaner. CWE wrote a message beginning 'Insaner was' and then 7 2 2 4 3 4 3 5. The numbers relate to the number of letters in each word. What word could each number represent and make a complete sentence?

CHATGPT: To decipher the message, we can assign each number to a word with that many letters. Here's the breakdown:
  • 7: Insaner
  • 2: was
  • 2: ?? (Need to determine)
  • 4: the
  • 3: ?? (Need to determine)
  • 4: ?? (Need to determine)
  • 5: ?? (Need to determine)
Given the context, let's try to fill in the missing words:
  • 2: is likely "on" or "an"
  • 3: could be "red", "our", "top", etc.
  • 4: could be "team", "from", "with", etc.
  • 5: might be "their", "party", "among", etc.
Now, let's form a sentence:
"Insaner was on our team with their red party."
This sentence seems plausible within the context of a social deduction game. However, without additional information or context, it's hard to confirm the accuracy of this interpretation.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I do think people need to start slapping down some firm reads/votes.

V
CWE
Badger
Claws
Tildey

Is my starting point. Im kinda willing to give Insaner a pass today because I dont think his interaction with me makes sense if he is a wolf, it would hard spew me town, as well as confirming CWE and probably spew BN too. I dont think a wolf with a mech check on them goes for that play.
Tildey you're pretty confident in?

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
- Firstly, we have the player quietly in the POE but isn't really pushed. What makes this archetype so important is that it has a high chance of flipping wolf. Unless you're facing an incredibly strong and coordinated team, there's probably going to be at least one wolf player who just isn't as able as the rest of their team to influence the gamestate for whatever reason. Examples of this player archetype can be found in the two most recent Champs Finales as of this writing: DaBackpack in Season 6 (before he fake claimed), and Secondhand Revenant in Season 5 (before he subbed out). Both players were part of strong mafia teams that were successful at pushing through mislynches, but due to RL circumstances, neither was able to keep up with the posting and found themselves dropping in the POE as a result. Despite being consensus "probably just a wolf?" per the thread, they were mostly briefly touched on in reads lists and comments and then ignored in favor of more pressing targets. If a player looks like this in a powerwolf game and is consensus wolfread without ever really being seriously pushed, this player could be the key to blowing the game wide open.

(I didn't read this before copypasting but it probably applies to Val here)

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Ehhh I know you’re Spidermanning and all but don’t so far see anything pingy about him yet.

The one thing I am curious about though is why he suddenly dropped the football commentator gimmick after D1 though.

For real? I've done a day 1 gimmick for like a year.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
For real? I've done a day 1 gimmick for like a year.
Well I have been a bit sporadic in playing to be fair so probably haven’t played/paid attention as much to notice that pattern. Sorties

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Well I have been a bit sporadic in playing to be fair so probably haven’t played/paid attention as much to notice that pattern. Sorties
It just hurts ti have left so little of an impression.

I'd like to pretend it's not so, but I'm not one of your Hollywood actors

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
It just hurts ti have left so little of an impression.

I'd like to pretend it's not so, but I'm not one of your Hollywood actors
It wasn’t that what I saw of your gimmicks didn’t leave much of an impression because they do. It literally just didn’t click that you were doing them on D1 and that was your running theme.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Remember I said in this game that’s you were my favourite gimmick poster. It just didn’t sink in that that was your D1 gimmick gimmick lol.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Oh yeah it definitely applies
Points for a solid copy/paste.

I think it makes sense to at least try to get a read from val.

Honestly, I would have typically said take the highest percentage shot.

Because we's dees and da Vinci code are befuddling me, it doesn't seem the highest probability route.

I kinda want to see one thing that I'm not spelling out yet.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
It wasn’t that what I saw of your gimmicks didn’t leave much of an impression because they do. It literally just didn’t click that you were doing them on D1 and that was your running theme.
Too soon badger......too soon.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Points for a solid copy/paste.

I think it makes sense to at least try to get a read from val.

Honestly, I would have typically said take the highest percentage shot.

Because we's dees and da Vinci code are befuddling me, it doesn't seem the highest probability route.

I kinda want to see one thing that I'm not spelling out yet.
Well the point that copypasta is trying to get across is that the type of slot such as Val is in this game doesn't feel like the highest probability shot it but actually is

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Also though long-term memory is alright, I’m the guy that also forgets house keys and leaves laptops lying around so I could’ve also just plain forgot your D1 pattern at some point too.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Which is also why I’d be a perfect bigger brother for ForgottenHold cos we both forget things.

Nightingale

Administrator
Vote Tally:
4 - Val: future(410), Insaner(991), Xan(1003), Badger(1008)
1 - MTR: Listo(894)
1 - Xan: Val(558)
1 - Mazer: CWE(958)

Not currently Voting: BlindNinja, Claws, Dreyski, Mazer, MTR, Tildey

Just over 3 hours remain in Day Two

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
I'm so fucked if Val flips V as well here.
I still think it’s worth a try. My only concern is Val does tend to be quiet as town too. He’s generally more loquacious as scum I feel.

Although little to no contribution from him means he’s dead weight at this point though.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
I asked ChatGPT to try and decipher the code. It went a bit awry, but the final message made me laugh:

ME: The game is social deduction, the relevant players are CWE and Insaner. CWE wrote a message beginning 'Insaner was' and then 7 2 2 4 3 4 3 5. The numbers relate to the number of letters in each word. What word could each number represent and make a complete sentence?

CHATGPT: To decipher the message, we can assign each number to a word with that many letters. Here's the breakdown:
This sentence seems plausible within the context of a social deduction game. However, without additional information or context, it's hard to confirm the accuracy of this interpretation.
Insaner
Was
In
Team
Red
Scum
Party

????

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
I see someone has taken up my "lynch the lurker" approach when I dont have a solid read to push. (I have a few reads, only solid one is Claws damn nead town locked to me) Nap helped some, but still have a headache and need to eat.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante

Down side, the 2nd word is 2 letters in the 7 2 2 4 3 4 3 5 and you forced "was"

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Well technically

Val was the only person to get a wagon going on him out of anyone in the collective Poe, if we even have such a thing

So I'm not sure if he really fits the archetype described in my copypasta

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
EBWOP 2

nsaner
Is
In
The
Team
Red
Scum
Party

????

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Just so we’re clearInsaner, I’m not saying you’re necessarily scum. I just want to solve the puzzle that CWE may have put up possibly for entertainment.

Claws

Mastermind
i honestly feel like saner is the only right thing if cwe dies and flips we are gunna sink saner either way

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
See there are many, many ways for me to be town and for CWE's "info" to be complete bollocks

Innumerable ways

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Oh wait Insaner’s not the first word. Oops.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Wolves waiting for someone to start a train on me so that they could join probably

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Feeling better about Val yeet with every passing second

Or maybe I'm just saying that to keep the momentum going

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I depart with no legacy

May God judge you for what you've done

Claws

Mastermind
i disagree when your still a viable train your obv fighting hard to not get lynched and i can admire that but i tend to fight way harder as scum then town so in my eyes its basiaclly any1 but you is a good lynch

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
Ill jump on the crazy train. And put myself in a position on the train that will make me look shitty if Val flips town.

L-2

Working towards a lynch, removing an inactive/lurker, make myself look bad... all in one go.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
i disagree when your still a viable train your obv fighting hard to not get lynched and i can admire that but i tend to fight way harder as scum then town so in my eyes its basiaclly any1 but you is a good lynch
I tend to fight way harder when I'm town LOL

Of course I could just be breaking out of my meta here. You never know

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
Id almost be willing to vote Insaner, just to test the semi-deets... which also aids others in solving CWE. But, his posting, as much as I dislike parts, feels natural and townish

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Ill jump on the crazy train. And put myself in a position on the train that will make me look shitty if Val flips town.

L-2

Working towards a lynch, removing an inactive/lurker, make myself look bad... all in one go.
The purity of Val's wagon has been diluted xD

Where oh where is Xanjori when I need him to guide me

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Tbf if Val flips V (if we go that route) I almost feel Listo+BN have to be wolves together.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Whenever town is scum they go after Val. 90% of the time he’s town in that scenario.
You just said you would be willing to vote Val a couple of hours ago.

I highly advise shooting Listo regardless of Val's flip here.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
And I should have gone to bed a couple of hours ago already so not gonna stick around much longer

Claws

Mastermind
You just said you would be willing to vote Val a couple of hours ago.

I highly advise shooting Listo regardless of Val's flip here.
your doing the any1 but me plot very well and you will burn for it town or not

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
The purity of Val's wagon has been diluted xD

Where oh where is Xanjori when I need him to guide me

But then again, we just gotta.
You keep saying we gotta... Im helping what you're pushing.

Would I intentionally vote there, knowing it would make me look worse, if I was scum? Real smart play if I am...

Want me to leave the train so it goes back to being pure to you? It'll just make your goal of getting a lynch harder.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
your doing the any1 but me plot very well and you will burn for it town or not
I mean I dont think tahts true, he pointed out mechanically why you're town at a time I was w!reading you.

Also I think Insaner knows he almost needs to hit a wolf today to not get yeeted tomorrow

Top Bottom