Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 2 - Wishes of Hogwarts

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Quick reads on a few:

CWE - (before he says it not because he reads me as such) the most obvious town read here unless he’s deviated heavily on his scum game. Would be 1-2-3 kid beating Razor level upset if he was scum.
Blind - By the book, Mr logical. Confident town read even in spite of our earlier interactions.
Psycho - Less confident than the previous two but leaning slight town. No gimmicky obv town tells like the previous games and dipping in and out in spells.
Homely Mazer - Slightly interesting approach as normally his first port of call is to blatantly ask me and/or Claws if town in the first instance but did the more gimmicky approach instead. Town lean but a bit more slight than usual
Claws - His play here pings me slightly as reminds me of other games like the last one where he’s shaded the likes of me but was a scum approach.
Dreyski - Slight town lean and giving him a bit of a pass due to his PC issues.
3puppies - His spreadsheeting NAI. Seems a bit too paranoid over leading N1 No lynches over a Jarrod/Kefka gimmick that was aaaages ago.
Jarrod - He’s a slow burner normally D1, need to see more D2.
Randolph - Not much but hope he can digest the clippings/hairs in good sauce. Normally questions me or Psycho but none of his usual MO here.
Tildey - Slight town lead. Could see more but asking role questions.
Matthieu - Less familiar with his style than others but from what I know voting Sleep early is NAI.
Lora- Seems a bit more serious and less gimmicky than usual. Most players I’d say that’s fine but I’m used to a town gimmicky Lora.
MTR - His activity level so far is a slight good town lean at the moment
Caito - Not confident at all.
Xan - same.
Can you go a bit more into the Claws read? Is there anything particularly about his play that you think smells of previous games?

That's actually a good shout on Randolph, though.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
I totally went with houses I prefer as opposed to trying to match my character.

I didn't get my favorite house, though :\

Nightingale

Administrator
Well, you are all making amazing progress! So many students with signs of the gift - of course I knew you would all excel. Well, most of you anyway. Some of these are certainly.... interesting... fortunes you see. I'm quite certain no one will be replacing he who shall not be named's wand with a string of spaghetti, as amusing as that would be to see!

3puppies

Lost Wolf
:squint: Don't make me change my vote....

Don't mean to put you in the "dog house of MTR"

Should it be "House of Tildey & MTR" then, or "house of MTR & Tildey"

Teamwork makes the dream work

Anyhow, to keep discussion on the game at hand, with 25 players, it might seem that red and purple will be at equal strength, yellow is neutral/jester?, and we have identified half so far as belonging to the blue good guys. For those that have run games before, how many of each red/purple do you think we should expect?

Blind Ninja

Vigilante

Anyhow, to keep discussion on the game at hand, with 25 players, it might seem that red and purple will be at equal strength, yellow is neutral/jester?, and we have identified half so far as belonging to the blue good guys. For those that have run games before, how many of each red/purple do you think we should expect?
Last game it was the House that Future built

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
to get to the bottom part... 25 ppl with 1/3 scum, 2/3 town would make it 8/16/1

1 for peeves, not counting Nightingale since she is the 26th.

so either a 16/4/4/1 if even teams (5/3 split for scum at worst)

potentially a 14/5/5/1 or 14/6/4/1

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her

I think scum teams of 3-4 is pretty typical. With there appearing to be two scum teams I can't imagine there being more than 4 each. So maybe two more, at most?

ForgottenHold

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him

it's the House of FutureHold

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Day 1 Vote Count:

5 - Caito (CWE #14, Tildey #80, Val #90, Kareemah #239, Satsu #242)
5 - Sleep (Matthieu #37, Caito #43, Randolph #82, Badger #280, Jarrod #291)
2 - Badger (Peter Griffin #9, Claws #45)
2 - Future (MTR #10, DivaSmurf #134)
1 - Blind Ninja (Lora #52)
1 - MTR (Future #63)
1 - Xanjori (Dreyski #78)
1 - Val (3puppies #113
1 - Listo (Psycho #177)
1 - Claws (Xanjori #206)

Not Voting: The Homely Man, Satsu, Morrison, Listo, Lettuce, Blind Ninja #59

With 25 players alive, majority is 13 votes on a single player.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Do we think Lora had the cloak as an ability, or do we think VK did it to ensure Lora had a chance to play the game. Lora died N1 last game and I dont think he's done any Rajah games.
i would guess it would be an action. Seems a bit extreme, as I haven't seen it when others went on a streak.

Kareemah

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
she/her
I think scum teams of 3-4 is pretty typical. With there appearing to be two scum teams I can't imagine there being more than 4 each. So maybe two more, at most?
Is the alliance scum or town

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Look I love that early item. I'd love to have it in my ship. It's a lot of fun when someone knows their town tell, but breaks it out early on day 1. But I've got a business to run, and if I buy it early, I'd be taking a huge risk here.

CWE

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Look I love that early item. I'd love to have it in my ship. It's a lot of fun when someone knows their town tell, but breaks it out early on day 1. But I've got a business to run, and if I buy it early, I'd be taking a huge risk here.

Hello day 1 no lynch crew ring leader.

We meet again.

:shakefist:

Badger

“70% Furry, 30% Filthy, 100% Fun”
Pronouns
he/him
EBWOP Void
@Badger im gunna assume that your hufflepuff since thier mascot is a badger if not its a damn shame
Can you go a bit more into the Claws read? Is there anything particularly about his play that you think smells of previous games?

That's actually a good shout on Randolph, though.
This is early and could change but he seems more intent on mocking/tripping people up rather than trying to read the game. Seems a bit Skeletorish when he was cult last game. He could yet prove me wrong.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
I mean I guess I can get voting sleep cos being D1'd sucks dick, I just dislike it and wont do it until later in the day if needed.

Vote: Psycho

He went and made emotes to distract us from focusing on his scummy game play. :sideeye:

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Day 1 Vote Count:

5 - Caito (Tildey #80, Val #90, Kareemah #239, Satsu #242, CWE #320)
1 - MTR (Future #63)
1 - Val (3puppies #113
1 - Listo (Psycho #177)
1 - Psycho (Xanjori #325)

About 11.5 hours left in the day phase.

Lora

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
they/them
Vote: caito

sleep d1 is for cringe losers who dont want to advance the game state. everyone voting sleep is an extremely sussy baka.

Lora

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
they/them
i would guess it would be an action. Seems a bit extreme, as I haven't seen it when others went on a streak.
its not extreme when dumb cunts continuously d1 me for "memes" although it was brought upon myself in an extremely cringely manner.

Lora

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
they/them
its not extreme when dumb cunts continuously d1 me for "memes" although it was brought upon myself in an extremely cringely manner.
ebwoq in regards to last game at least.

3puppies

Lost Wolf
Is it paranoid of me to suspect Peeves, the poltergeist, may have an action that only targets players who vote sleep, or perhaps those who don't vote?

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Day 1 Vote Count:

6 - Caito (Tildey #80, Val #90, Kareemah #239, Satsu #242, CWE #320, Lora #327)
1 - MTR (Future #63)
1 - Val (3puppies #113
1 - Listo (Psycho #177)

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Is it paranoid of me to suspect Peeves, the poltergeist, may have an action that only targets players who vote sleep, or perhaps those who don't vote?

Could be that. Could be neutral. Could be regarding posts.

Look, I can't go full-blown paranoia. Best I can do is mild discomfort.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
I dont think its paranoia actually, I was looking at the fact that the vote count does include "Players not voting" and it made me suspect there may be a mechanic related to it.

Claws

Mastermind
So hilarious ironic storie time i recently finished bram stokers dragula book yesterday and i shit you not at 2am last night i had a god damn small brown bat flying around my room last night and had to catch him and release him outside

Nightingale

Administrator
*gasps* Oh no.. no no... this is terrible. I see... I see..the grim! These are ill tidings - ill tidings indeed! There is a shadow cast upon us...

Lora

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
they/them
So hilarious ironic storie time i recently finished bram stokers dragula book yesterday and i shit you not at 2am last night i had a god damn small brown bat flying around my room last night and had to catch him and release him outside
how is that ironic?

Lora

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
they/them
I dont think its paranoia actually, I was looking at the fact that the vote count does include "Players not voting" and it made me suspect there may be a mechanic related to it.
are you being obtuse or have you forgotten the vast majority of our games that have always had those not voting in the vote counts. granted, its usually the mods discretion whether or not to keep track of that shit.

Lora

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
they/them
I dont english
Surprised Meme GIF

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
*gasps* Oh no.. no no... this is terrible. I see... I see..the grim! These are ill tidings - ill tidings indeed! There is a shadow cast upon us...
Shadowpost.jpg

Ominous warnings about a bad Alec Baldwin movie. Best I can do is $1.25.

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Listo is the most difficult MMO-C player for me to read. If I told you now how I read him then is probally the opposite.
Any thoughts on Listo while we're here?
Listo is the most difficult MMO-C player for me to read. If I told you now how I read him then is probally the opposite.

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I liked an option to edit posts for 15 minutes after posting in old times.:boink:

3puppies

Lost Wolf
Perhaps the posts are counted for points
bats are good to have in the neighborhood, but no fun to have in your home. They have nested in my attic louvres, right against the screens, as they devoured the wasps that tried to nest there. When I ultimately had to rebuild the louvres, it was a frightening experience trying to get them away.

On the plus side, they are a pretty clear sign that the air in your neighborhood is very clean, as bats don't tolerate a poor environment. Having to deal with that at 2:00 AM must have really sucked. How did you catch it?

Listo95

I could figure that out and I am not even gifted.
But you do not know the exacts like I do. The dire peril isn’t because of he who shall not be named but the chaos that will ensue with the return.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Day 1 Vote Count:

6 - Sleep (Matthieu #37, Caito #43, Randolph #82, Badger #280, Jarrod #291, Listo #354)
6 - Caito (Tildey #80, Val #90, Kareemah #239, Satsu #242, CWE #320, Lora #327)
1 - MTR (Future #63)
1 - Val (3puppies #113
1 - Listo (Psycho #177)

Not Voting: The Homely Man, Morrison, Lettuce, Blind Ninja #59

Last edited:

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
We have several people that are nowhere near the 10 recommended posts of the OP.

Lettuce - 0
Jarrod - 1
PG - 2
Val - 3
Morrison - 4
Caito, Diva, Randolph - 6
Listo - 8
Drey, Future, Kareem - 9

Doubt there will be heavy modkills, but the activity recommendation might in place because someone can do things to lurkers? Maybe Peeves deals with inactivity instead of non-voters?

But with that said

Vote: Jarrod
Come out and play

@llettuce @Jarrod1983 @Peter Griffin @Val the Moofia Boss @morrison @Caito @DivaSmurf @Randolph Game has been going over 48 hours and you lot have participated the least in the game. Care to weigh in?

Caito

CWE Killer
Sure. It’s D1. We all know my thoughts on D1 and the absolute bullshit it is, as well as you don’t actually get anywhere near the info some people swear they do.

Wake me up when we are past it and you’ll get more outta me

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
Sure. It’s D1. We all know my thoughts on D1 and the absolute bullshit it is, as well as you don’t actually get anywhere near the info some people swear they do.

Wake me up when we are past it and you’ll get more outta me
So you dont feel like engaging in discussions and want to coast past d1.

Only time info comes from d1 is when people interact.

Unvote:
Vote: Caito

Caito

CWE Killer
Discussions? sure

Bullshit? Nah. And that’s all D1 is

I’ve been very consistent on this take for years

Caito

CWE Killer
Lemme out it another way….

Mafia D1 discussions are just like deep dish pizza.

Fraudulent.

Nightingale

Administrator
So many shy students... it can be scary, yes - having the gift makes other people... uncomfortable- I know! But even I have learned you cannot hide away from others *all* the time.... I fear for the fates of my quiet little seers-to-be.

ForgottenHold

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
We have several people that are nowhere near the 10 recommended posts of the OP.

Lettuce - 0
Jarrod - 1
PG - 2
Val - 3
Morrison - 4
Caito, Diva, Randolph - 6
Listo - 8
Drey, Future, Kareem - 9

Doubt there will be heavy modkills, but the activity recommendation might in place because someone can do things to lurkers? Maybe Peeves deals with inactivity instead of non-voters?

But with that said

Vote: Jarrod
Come out and play

@llettuce @Jarrod1983 @Peter Griffin @Val the Moofia Boss @morrison @Caito @DivaSmurf @Randolph Game has been going over 48 hours and you lot have participated the least in the game. Care to weigh in?
There we go, 10 posts

Lora

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
they/them

oh yeah?

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Day 1 Vote Count:

7 - Caito (Tildey #80, Val #90, Kareemah #239, Satsu #242, CWE #320, Lora #327, Blind Ninja #374)
6 - Sleep (Matthieu #37, Caito #43, Randolph #82, Badger #280, Jarrod #291, Listo #354)
1 - MTR (Future #63)
1 - Val (3puppies #113
1 - Listo (Psycho #177)

Not Voting: The Homely Man, Morrison, Lettuce

3puppies

Lost Wolf
Want me to kill him?
Is this a suggestion that instead of getting yeated, you have an ability to mis-direct a kill attempt directed your way? Or are you just amusing yourself on the way out?

I share your thoughts on D1 info. I am not ready to change my vote to sleep because it might not matter, but I would consider it if you could convince me

Caito

CWE Killer
Just amusing myself.

Let’s be honest, I’m out in this game early no matter what. Both Tildey and CWE have an axe to grind, plus whatever else y’all thought of me after my glorious ending in my last outing. So by all means, kill me.

Just a shame you won’t let me get a phase or two of work done to make your lives easier. But that won’t be my problem.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Day 1 Vote Count:

8 - Caito (Tildey #80, Val #90, Kareemah #239, Satsu #242, CWE #320, Lora #327, Blind Ninja #374, Future #389)
1 - Val (3puppies #113
1 - Listo (Psycho #177)

Not Voting: The Homely Man, Morrison, Lettuce

CWE

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Unvote: caito
:squint:

Your right (Vote) Caito. Shooting you is more fun. Plus that train is dirty.

I get my reason (he's breathing), what's everyone else's? And don't just say to lynch someone day 1.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Day 1 Vote Count:

7 - Caito (Tildey #80, Val #90, Kareemah #239, Satsu #242, Lora #327, Blind Ninja #374, Future #389)
1 - Val (3puppies #113
1 - Listo (Psycho #177)

Not Voting: The Homely Man, Morrison, Lettuce, CWE #393

ForgottenHold

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Unvote: caito
:squint:

Your right (Vote) Caito. Shooting you is more fun. Plus that train is dirty.

I get my reason (he's breathing), what's everyone else's? And don't just say to lynch someone day 1.
he is conspiring with MTR, who is the enemy

Claws

Mastermind
Perhaps the posts are counted for points

bats are good to have in the neighborhood, but no fun to have in your home. They have nested in my attic louvres, right against the screens, as they devoured the wasps that tried to nest there. When I ultimately had to rebuild the louvres, it was a frightening experience trying to get them away.

On the plus side, they are a pretty clear sign that the air in your neighborhood is very clean, as bats don't tolerate a poor environment. Having to deal with that at 2:00 AM must have really sucked. How did you catch it?
I threw a blanket up at it mid flight it and then carefully picked it up with gloves gently it wasnt hurt flew away outside as soon as i let go

Top Bottom