Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 2 - Wishes of Hogwarts

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Just amusing myself.

Let’s be honest, I’m out in this game early no matter what. Both Tildey and CWE have an axe to grind, plus whatever else y’all thought of me after my glorious ending in my last outing. So by all means, kill me.

Just a shame you won’t let me get a phase or two of work done to make your lives easier. But that won’t be my problem.
A majority is not going to be reached. I think you are safe for now unless one of those two are scum and then well I wish you the best.

Randolph

Vanilla Townie
Pronouns
he/him
No one should be voted out day 1 unless They out themselves in legendary fashion

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I
We have several people that are nowhere near the 10 recommended posts of the OP.

Lettuce - 0
Jarrod - 1
PG - 2
Val - 3
Morrison - 4
Caito, Diva, Randolph - 6
Listo - 8
Drey, Future, Kareem - 9

Doubt there will be heavy modkills, but the activity recommendation might in place because someone can do things to lurkers? Maybe Peeves deals with inactivity instead of non-voters?

But with that said

Vote: Jarrod
Come out and play

@llettuce @Jarrod1983 @Peter Griffin @Val the Moofia Boss @morrison @Caito @DivaSmurf @Randolph Game has been going over 48 hours and you lot have participated the least in the game. Care to weigh in?
I do not hate this post.

I'll even throw in a like

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
So many shy students... it can be scary, yes - having the gift makes other people... uncomfortable- I know! But even I have learned you cannot hide away from others *all* the time.... I fear for the fates of my quiet little seers-to-be.
This is probably relevant.

I'm putting it on the window display

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
@llettuce In all seriousness in the middle of all my day 1 shit posting. It is recommended that you get some posts in before the day phase ends and at least introduce yourself. We don't bite. Well I think most of us don't. Okay maybe I should just leave it at that.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Day 1 Vote Count:

7 - Caito (Tildey #80, Val #90, Kareemah #239, Satsu #242, Lora #327, Blind Ninja #374, Future #389)
6 - Sleep (Matthieu #37, Caito #43, Randolph #82, Badger #280, Jarrod #291, Listo #354)
2 - Badger (Peter Griffin #9, Claws #45)
2 - Future (MTR #10, DivaSmurf #134)
1 - Xanjori (Dreyski #78)
1 - Val (3puppies #113
1 - Listo (Psycho #177)
1 - Psycho (Xanjori #325)
1 - Satsu (CWE #395)

Not Voting: The Homely Man, Morrison, Lettuce

With 25 players alive, majority is 13 votes on a single player.

About 3.5 hours remaining in the day.

Listo95

@llettuce In all seriousness in the middle of all my day 1 shit posting. It is recommended that you get some posts in before the day phase ends and at least introduce yourself. We don't bite. Well I think most of us don't. Okay maybe I should just leave it at that.
cat kitty GIF

Lora

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
they/them
1. 3puppies scum
2. Badger scum
3. Blind Ninja scum
4. Caito scum
5. Claws scum
6. CWE scum
7. DivaSmurf scum
8. Dreyski scum
9. FutureHold scum
10. Jarrod1983 scum
11. Kareemah scum
12. Llettuce scum
13. Listo scum
14. Lora mega scum
15. Matthieu scum
16. Morrison scum
17. MTR scum
18. Peter Griffin scum
19. Psycho666Soldier scum
20. Randolph scum
21. Satsu scum
22. The Homely Man scum
23. Tildey scum
24. Val scum
25. Xanjori scum
—---------------
26. Nightingale - Sybill Trelawney useless scum

those are my reads so far

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
Unvote: caito
:squint:

Your right (Vote) Caito. Shooting you is more fun. Plus that train is dirty.

I get my reason (he's breathing), what's everyone else's? And don't just say to lynch someone day 1.
My reason is to have a vote out...

I wont vote sleep. So figured go with the other train to see if we can make something of the day.

Remember, its Majority lynch, so we need to hit 13 voters to even secure a lynch. Day not ending in majority, will result in a no lynch. One reason why I think voting sleep/no lynch is lazy as fuck. We've had plenty of time to interact and start forming opinions on people. Yet, we really havent pushed anyone

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
because we never really push anyone on day one because there is no information and most people just shit post.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
because we never really push anyone on day one because there is no information and most people just shit post.
The issue is too many lazy people not willing to do ANYTHING.

It is entirely possible to get action out of the day. But too many are willing to sit back and let it go to sleep. Or post once or twice, then vanish for the remainder of the phase. I hope this game is damn near impossible to spreadsheet, because people are just waiting for NAs to start.

3puppies

Lost Wolf
Wait, majority lynch means we HAVE to have a majority? Not whoever has the most votes gets yeeted? I haven't played a game like this - I thought this was being played under Rajah style rules.

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
I don't know why we need to go through the same song and dance every game. We vote to sleep as a compromise because this place is a blend of at least two different mafia communities.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Wait, majority lynch means we HAVE to have a majority? Not whoever has the most votes gets yeeted? I haven't played a game like this - I thought this was being played under Rajah style rules.
It is Rajah rules. But even Rajah rules games have variations on the how the yeet goes. Whether it be if there is a tie and both people yeeted or if there is a tie random one is yeet. This is just a variation so yeah we have to reach a majority to get rid of someone during day phase which will be easier some days rather than others.

morrison

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
We have several people that are nowhere near the 10 recommended posts of the OP.

Lettuce - 0
Jarrod - 1
PG - 2
Val - 3
Morrison - 4
Caito, Diva, Randolph - 6
Listo - 8
Drey, Future, Kareem - 9

Doubt there will be heavy modkills, but the activity recommendation might in place because someone can do things to lurkers? Maybe Peeves deals with inactivity instead of non-voters?

But with that said

Vote: Jarrod
Come out and play

@llettuce @Jarrod1983 @Peter Griffin @Val the Moofia Boss @morrison @Caito @DivaSmurf @Randolph Game has been going over 48 hours and you lot have participated the least in the game. Care to weigh in?
weigh in on what? the fucking banter? if i have a thought on something, i'll post it.

Dreyski

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
Majority yeet is standard. We started ‘rajah rules’ because we weren’t getting any D1 action, inevitably ending no lynch.

morrison

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
So you dont care if your potentially in danger because you arent reaching 10 posts in the phase?
i'm willing to chance it if i don't somehow end up with 10. i'm not going to just reply to stuff to boost my post count. one of the biggest complaints i have about rajah style mafia games is how the threads end of ballooning from all the banter and game-irrelevant posting, making it tedious to try and play catch up if you couldn't follow the thread for a day or so. my brain just ain't wired to do it.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Day 1 Vote Count:

8 - Sleep (Matthieu #37, Caito #43, Randolph #82, Badger #280, Jarrod #291, Listo #354, THM #450, Claws #451)
6 - Caito (Tildey #80, Val #90, Kareemah #239, Satsu #242, Lora #327, Blind Ninja #374)
1 - Badger (Peter Griffin #9)
1 - Val (3puppies #113
1 - Listo (Psycho #177)
1 - Satsu (CWE #395)
1 - Matthieu (Future #416)
1 - Blind Ninja (Morrison #448)

Not Voting: Lettuce

About 1.5 hours remaining.

morrison

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
also, @VoidKitten, what the hell is reader mode and how do we get to it/activate it? you had it linked in the last game, but it would always say the requested page could not be found when i clicked on it.

Reader Mode Test

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
also, @VoidKitten, what the hell is reader mode and how do we get to it/activate it? you had it linked in the last game, but it would always say the requested page could not be found when i clicked on it.
In the options at the top of the thread, there should be a button that says reader mode and its under this post since ill threadmark it. It will list all posts I threadmark in one screen.

If you don't see it, let me know. Might be permissions?

Randolph

Vanilla Townie
Pronouns
he/him
I agree with Morrison. Let's
Wonderful, any opinions on Day1 of the game?

Someone that signed up and hasnt posted at all
Day one observations are as useful as the boil on my left buttcheek. Let's get to the night phase damnit!

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
it's the House of FutureHold

Someone is getting too big for their britches

No, I killed the namesake of the house, is it not mine then?

We are named after a wrestling faction. This is not game of thrones.

So what I got is that you are Edge and I'm kicking you out of your own faction

Again someone is getting too big for their britches.

Future: I'm the head of the table now. Acknowledge me.:wiggle:

MTR: The fuck you are. Get off my lawn. :irked::grumpy::beer::slap:
Me: :popcorn:

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
A majority is not going to be reached. I think you are safe for now unless one of those two are scum and then well I wish you the best.
Not scum. And I like the game too much to persist voting him when it could actually cause a misyeet. So he's safe from me unless he gets all sus and/or outs himself.
I'm watching, though. :squint::sherlock:

Dreyski

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
I agree with Morrison. Let's

Day one observations are as useful as the boil on my left buttcheek. Let's get to the night phase damnit!
Anyone who thinks they can solve the game on day one is obviously a Ravenclaw :dork:

Caito

CWE Killer
I could’ve sworn i turned off all the incessant emails from this place….

Nightingale

Administrator
Anyone who thinks they can solve the game on day one is obviously a Ravenclaw :dork:
Or they possess the Sight. Or both perhaps? Things that seem inconsequential are often fragments of a larger picture - you simply need the right perspective.

Lora

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
they/them
i already solved the entire game. it was really quite easy, rather elementary if i do say so myself. see my previous post for the complete identity of all the scum in this game.

Nightingale

Administrator
It is true that most great seers call Ravenclaw their home - myself included - though the gift can be found anywhere

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Final Day 1 Vote Count:

8 - Sleep (Matthieu #37, Caito #43, Randolph #82, Badger #280, Jarrod #291, Listo #354, THM #450, Claws #451)
6 - Caito (Tildey #80, Val #90, Kareemah #239, Satsu #242, Lora #327, Blind Ninja #374)
1 - Badger (Peter Griffin #9)
1 - Val (3puppies #113
1 - Listo (Psycho #177)
1 - Satsu (CWE #395)
1 - Matthieu (Future #416)
1 - Blind Ninja (Morrison #448)

Not Voting: Lettuce

—---------------

Everyone had spirited and heated discussions across the day as accusations were thrown around and defenses offered. Many of the witches and wizards within the Great Hall wanted to get some rest and pick back up in the morning, others wished to get rid of someone immediately for the good of Hogwarts. Ultimately, they could not come to a decision and pushed it off until the next day.

Majority was not reached before end of day so no one was eliminated.

—---------------

Before they could leave, smoke filled the Great Hall, obscuring their vision. A loud voice rang through the hall. “Indecisive are you and I expected your decision to be true. Since no agreement on a decision was made, someone will have to meet my blade”

The stone statue of VoidKitten within the Great Hall came to life and strode swiftly up to one of the witches and wizards assembled and cleaved them in two. He looked down at the hewn corpse and looked as sad as a statue could. “A needless death this was and you all are the cause. All of your words are hollow; come to an agreement or more will follow.” VoidKitten went back to his pedestal and stood upon it. “The number of rules is four and I hope you heed them or I will show you all the door.”

Claws, playing as ???, the ???, has been killed for rule-breaking.

—---------------

Professor Trelawney left the table and went back to her tower. She did not care for the any teams or alliances forming within everyone else. She just wanted to know what these visions meant, what happened, and just what to do about it. She swore to herself never to reveal any granted wish or any sensitive information she would learn from granting them.

Professor Trelawney arrived and started pouring over the various tomes and scrolls she had accumulated. All of a sudden she was stricken and fell over. A force had taken over her body and she started to spout words that echoed across Hogwarts.

“Each night you will all be given a challenge to solve. You may post in the thread during the night, but ONLY to discuss the challenge set forth and no other game discussion. If the thread solves the riddle, the Wish-Granter will be allowed to grant an additional wish. Additionally, the player who posts the correct answer first IN THE THREAD will receive a bonus that will apply to their entire house during the night. You are welcome to work together to solve the puzzles but all game chat must be related to the puzzle. Once the puzzle has been solved and confirmed as solved, the thread will be closed for the remainder of the night.”

Professor Trelawney collapsed again, greatly weakened and would not be able to communicate easily with anyone tonight. But she knew she too had to help and solve this puzzle, as this was the only way to ensure she met her goals and the mysterious circumstances uncovered.

—---------------

Night 1 Puzzle:

eveorhnienaolstDtds - 6 Words - 2, 3, fear, 3, 6, 5
ordCauwrodnnlyae - 6 Words - 5, 4, mind, 3, calm, 4
aeeWnesereotvfiwsushhotstr - 6 Words - 7, 6, 5, 4, phrases, 4
ntattenifemeVytvdsrposeikerobsihtadnoi - 9 Words - 10, 2, 3, 4, moderator, 3, 2, 8, 6

—---------------

It is now Night 1. Night 1 will end on Feb 10th at 8:00pm ET (GMT-5) or when all actions are submitted. Actions must be submitted by 6:00pm ET for them to be valid. If you are not submitting an action, please let me know that too. Night will not end early if the puzzle has not been solved. Deadline for puzzle is 6:00pm ET.

Night chat is enabled for discussion of the puzzle only.

Last edited:

ForgottenHold

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I got an idea, involves anagrams, so the random jumbles are part of the key, there are 6 words, and the string of numbers at the end are how many letters are in each word

Kareemah

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
she/her
i'm willing to chance it if i don't somehow end up with 10. i'm not going to just reply to stuff to boost my post count. one of the biggest complaints i have about rajah style mafia games is how the threads end of ballooning from all the banter and game-irrelevant posting, making it tedious to try and play catch up if you couldn't follow the thread for a day or so. my brain just ain't wired to do it.
Why is it so important we comment do we die or something if we don’t comment 10 posts

3puppies

Lost Wolf
I got an idea, involves anagrams, so the random jumbles are part of the key, there are 6 words, and the string of numbers at the end are how many letters are in each word
I think so too. They certainly didn't want to make this very easy on us. Anagram solvers tend to choke above 20 letters. But the number of letters add up

3puppies

Lost Wolf
I am thinking in the first phrase/sentence, since the "D" is capitalized, the first word might be "Do" Then the second word is a 3 letter word from the remaining letters, and "not" commonly follows "do". So we have "Do not fear", and then with the remaining letters, I am thinking

"Do not fear the devil's snare"

3puppies

Lost Wolf
Second sentence likely starts with the letter "C' being capitalized, a 5 letter word I am guessing perhaps "Could"

So removing those letters, we have .... still a mess

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
@3puppies Your answer for the first phrase makes sense to me. I had figured out "Do not fear the" but was struggling on the rest. Had come up with "rivals needs" but it didn't make sense. Yours is better.

For the second phrase I've got "Clear your mind and calm down."

I'm still coming up blank on phrase three. And so far on phrase four I've got "Voidkitten is the best moderator ___ __ ________ ______"

Lora

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
they/them
for the last one i've kinda got "voidkitten robs the seers damnation feytvpi"

but the last jumble doesnt make any words that make sense so probably not damnation.

Peter Griffin

Lunchable
Pronouns
he/him
Didn't realise about the minimum post thing, Day one is mutch about nothing anyway, but even if I just post to show I'm around from now. :)

Badger

“70% Furry, 30% Filthy, 100% Fun”
Pronouns
he/him
Love puzzles especially anagrams myself. Won’t have time to look properly til I get home from work tonight so hoping it’s still open.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Im struggling, like last one could be Voidkitten is the best moderator for my ________ period

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
I'm gonna be honest, I don't think I'm gonna have any better luck solving that puzzle

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Sorry its to hard for free anagram solver I found on google.
GL anyway I think you are very close.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Whoever wishes notes fast phrases true

Is maybe a better way around.

Top Bottom