Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 6 - Heart of the Cards

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Like an SK team that has to kill people to achieve power but then also resses the same people they killed? Its a bit like wut

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
As an aside, I do wonder if the wish mechanic will be in play from this point on or if it's just a thing specific to this day phase. If it's a valid wish to bring players back from the dead then that might mean that we won't get any information from flips.

3puppies

Lost Wolf
As an aside, I do wonder if the wish mechanic will be in play from this point on or if it's just a thing specific to this day phase. If it's a valid wish to bring players back from the dead then that might mean that we won't get any information from flips.

Since there were wishes for both MTR and Val to be revived, we don't know who is being revived, nor why. We don't know if it was a wish granted, or if it was part of someone's day power to revive someone. We don't even know if the other non-revived person will flip at the end of this day phase once one of them comes back to us.

Another question I had about last night was that Exodia sent 4 lazers out to infect people -
A large rumbling filled the realm as four lasers shot out of the sky, each containing a piece of Exodia. “My powers have infected the bloodline of each type and I will find my pieces and end the foolish mortals who felt they could trifle with the power of the gods.”

Exodia let out another bellow and then went quiet, ready to do what is necessary.

There were 6 nonvoters, and Val wasn't among them. Does this mean that Exodia is not the 3p inactivity vig?

Kareemah

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
she/her
Hey guys, I’m sick so I’ve been sleeping a lot 😭 reading through the forum now

Claws

Mastermind
Are there any leads on who might be scum so far?
Suspicious Monkey GIF by MOODMAN

Claws

Mastermind
Since there were wishes for both MTR and Val to be revived, we don't know who is being revived, nor why. We don't know if it was a wish granted, or if it was part of someone's day power to revive someone. We don't even know if the other non-revived person will flip at the end of this day phase once one of them comes back to us.

Another question I had about last night was that Exodia sent 4 lazers out to infect people -

There were 6 nonvoters, and Val wasn't among them. Does this mean that Exodia is not the 3p inactivity vig?
Could be i think exodia is and he gets a day shot after 6pieces (ppl) like in the other game recently

Claws

Mastermind
Im kinda thinking meowth was the wish granter and the lamo used it on ressurections

3puppies

Lost Wolf
Maybe it should be not everyone, but just the least active players take turns playing Russian Roulette. As long as we get flips.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
Could be i think exodia is and he gets a day shot after 6pieces (ppl) like in the other game recently

Exodia had 5 pieces. He seems to be looking for 3 more, or gain 3 more after kills. Who knows what happens after he gets fully formed. In the cartoon and game, having all 5 pieces of Exodia out was an instant win. So not sure if that would mean the player is done... or if it just turns into a full vig/sk or something else

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
Watch it be MTR. Team Rocket has always been 3 unless they added anyone in latter times.
The typically Team rocket in games/cartoons was Jesse, James and Meowth. We saw action from Giovanni last night and meowth today. Wouldnt surprise me if different actions get displayed as different characters. The WWE/WCW game had loads of multi-characters baked into 1 role. I was a JOAT in that game and had access to 5 different people that could show up in the writeup. No something to dismiss. I feel this game likely has many people with multiple characters.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
I actually kinda think Team Rocket might be one player. Giovanni announced the wish, but Meowth granted it. That reads like a role where different abilities are different characters.

Claws

Mastermind
I rolled a 4 day immunity in my personal channel when i found out about the dice

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
How so? I'm curious to see where it leads. Windward and Rock are both very 'brash', I suppose. I thought it was very interesting that they happened to align with the same target. It's a good way to either condemn them both if Future flips town or alleviate concerns about potential scum slips/backtracking if he flips scum.
So my thing with this is it sounds like agenda. Like if all three of them are town, you're setting them up to look bad after each chop.

That said, you being so blatant about it rather than trying to do a proper gotcha might just make you town?

Do you genuinely think rock had a scummy reaction to you or was that further baiting?

Claws

Mastermind
So my thing with this is it sounds like agenda. Like if all three of them are town, you're setting them up to look bad after each chop.

That said, you being so blatant about it rather than trying to do a proper gotcha might just make you town?

Do you genuinely think rock had a scummy reaction to you or was that further baiting?
I think rocks been obnoxious at best but thats probably nai

3puppies

Lost Wolf
It's outlined as a rule for wishes in the start of day post...

Again, are you certain that a wish was granted? It would seem to me that only the wish granter would know if he granted a wish, but the rest of us don't know if the rezz was due to a granted wish, or if it was the action of someone using their role.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
I think the reason I thought it looked like a wish is because it's Team Rocket and the "It is done" sentence read like a response to a request. But the revive candy part is maybe indicative of it being a separate action.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
The irony is I was gonna ask you what your reason was because it felt like you were retroactively trying to justify the vote on me after the info slipped through.

But you giving an explanation unprompted makes me feel better about you and like you actually had these thoughts instead of just pushing me for the sake of it
I mean, I knew someone was gonna ask eventually, even if it wasn't you. I was just holding off for a while because I wanted to monitor the thread instead and see what happened.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Are you just trying to get things moving? You're vote hopping a lot right now. Is your mind actually changing this much?

I still stand by my thoughts on Cape and the night action
Yeah, I'm poking around rather than gluing my vote. I'm not all that committed to most of these votes but I will announce very loudly when I'm convinced.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Alright, I'm all caught up again...

Vote: Sleep

As a placeholder for now as I decide where I want to go today. As for wishes...

I wish for Val to be revived to return to the game.

I wish for the protection bestowed upon me to extend for another day and night phase.
Why Val? It seems like they were killed by a serial killer. What if Val's mafia?

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
How so? I'm curious to see where it leads. Windward and Rock are both very 'brash', I suppose. I thought it was very interesting that they happened to align with the same target. It's a good way to either condemn them both if Future flips town or alleviate concerns about potential scum slips/backtracking if he flips scum.
Rock is town as far as I'm concerned, I'm not questioning that today. I had my share of that yesterday but on top of improving after that, he was very likely targeted last night in a way that scum wouldn't want to target themselves. That coupled with his play today is enough for me to take him off the table.

If Future flips town, you can blame me if you want, or whoever else has been echoing the sentiment of suspicion, but I'm not gonna blame Rock for it.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
...but I just explained my reasoning for Val in a recent post. :shrug:

I'm confident reading Val, less so at reading MTR. I think it's likely that both were targeted by scum and we seemingly have two malicious sources of kills - namely red and yellow - so I don't really see what the big deal is.
May I ask why you're so confident on your Val read? I don't remember any of his posts, despite remembering that he posted, and I don't think that's such a towny thing for all your posts to be forgettable.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
I don't think he's red and we can safely rule him out as being yellow. I also dislike it when the same player is targeted two games in a row, since that makes it even less likely for someone to be inclined to contribute.
We can't rule out that Val is yellow. I doubt Exodia knows who the other yellows are.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
As for Windward, 'lol sry was drunk' has historically been a valid way to disguise accidentally messing up. Not saying it's definite, just something I've been pondering as a possibility.

Source: The healer in my raid group pretends to be drunk when he messes up mechanics. :cheers:
Nah I only claim to be drunk when I'm actually drunk lol, if anything I avoid saying that I'm drunk most of the time until people start complaining that my posts aren't coherent.

Anyway, feeling worse about Matthieu and better about Xanjori currently, neither read is locked in place.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
but if Matt is scum Val is town b/c he's buddying him.
Agree
Doubt that scum goes this far out of their way to resurrect a teammate so obviously... Unless scum controls the wish granter, but considering Giovanni is yellow, I doubt that.
On the other hand, it could also happen if Val is scum with a powerful role that they want in play.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Like as someone that got 6 wishes granted in the Harry Potter game its about knowing your host. Theyre never going to grant boring kill wishes, you gotta make it interesting and put something on the table they view as fun for us and them.
I put a desperado on the table 🤷
Have done it before in wish granting games

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Meowth was upset. He may be the mascot of Team Rocket, but he didn’t appreciate the miscarriage of justice that happened overnight and would do everything in his power to fix it. Luckily, Meowth had recently stole from visited a PokeMart and had a Revive handy. He sprinkled the revive into the air and spoke some words in a language no one understood. Meowth’s eyes started to glow as he communed with the afterlife to bring someone back to us.

Meowth collapsed to the ground and started to lick his paw. “It is done. They will be back at the end of the day.”
Boo

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Day 2 Vote Count:

Blind Ninja - 2 (Rock #860, Xanjori #923)
Cape90 - 2 (CWE #751, 3puppies #788)
Listo - 2 (Psycho #1052)
Psycho - 1 (Crackle #641)
Morrison - 1 (Blind Ninja #726)
FutureHold - 1 (Windward #856)
Rock - 1 (Matthieu #922)
Xanjori - 1 (Claws #950

Not Voting: Cape90, DivaSmurf, FutureHold, Kareemah, Listo95, Llettuce, Mazer, Morrison, Nightingale, Tildey, GrumpyCat #869

Current Modified Majority: 6

It is now Day 2. Day 2 will end on Aug 16th at 8:00pm ET or when majority is reached. With 21 players alive, majority is 11 votes on a single player. If majority is not reached by end of day, modified majority comes into play. If modified majority is not reached, there will be no elimination.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
Agree
Doubt that scum goes this far out of their way to resurrect a teammate so obviously... Unless scum controls the wish granter, but considering Giovanni is yellow, I doubt that.
On the other hand, it could also happen if Val is scum with a powerful role that they want in play.
Matt will defend Val no matter his alignment. So cant really say matt/val both cant be town or both cant be scum, or any other combination. The defense is NAI. Not to mention Val died N1 last game, so its a bit of a dick move to kill him N1 a 2nd game in a row.

I understand that Val needed to provide more to the game for others to generate a read, but Matt knows his style pretty well and generally has a decent read on him.

Whats interesting is that Exodia went after someone with required posts and vote, when there were others that didnt meet either.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
I read it as purely being flavour text. Ultimately Val was killed by yellow so I find it unlikely that Val, himself, is a yellow aligned player.

The chance of there being shenanigans at play is never something that can be fully cast aside, of course, though having reread the thread even back on D1 some people seemed strangely eager to try and yeet Val towards the end of D1. Even when there were multiple outright no shows.
Yeah but Exodia is pretty clearly not Team Rocket
He's a Yu-Gi-Oh monster who seems to be a serial killer, not part of a pokemon flavor team.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
I actually kinda think Team Rocket might be one player. Giovanni announced the wish, but Meowth granted it. That reads like a role where different abilities are different characters.
Then there would be two 3ps in total?
I think it could just be that the wish granting mechanic is a factional ability.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Matt will defend Val no matter his alignment. So cant really say matt/val both cant be town or both cant be scum, or any other combination. The defense is NAI. Not to mention Val died N1 last game, so its a bit of a dick move to kill him N1 a 2nd game in a row.

I understand that Val needed to provide more to the game for others to generate a read, but Matt knows his style pretty well and generally has a decent read on him.

Whats interesting is that Exodia went after someone with required posts and vote, when there were others that didnt meet either.
Well, all it means is that Exodia isn't a slank vig lol.
I don't think the kill means anything at all for Val, except that Exodia doesn't know Val's alignment, and that's kinda to be expected since I think Exodia is a solo SK.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Why are you opposed to a rez? Typically if/when all rezzes are used, we get all the flips. Wouldnt you want them used early?
Because I would rather resurrect MTR who is in most probabilities town, than Val, and that res came after Matthieu's wish.
I didn't know that using up res mechanics leads to a flip reveal, though, so that's at least somewhat useful. I'm just worried if we don't know what Val is, and he gets resurrected, we might possibly waste a day or action killing him again.

Matthieu

Scum Hunter

I feel a lot of better about both of them, actually. Rock's likely not scum since I think scum would be more cautious when it comes to making wishes as to avoid wasting them so they can try and benefit their team. Getting frustrated at me or just joking around and wasting the wishes isn't a terrible reaction.

As for Wind, she does seem to be trying to look at things and going through post by post is something that makes me think she's town - it'd be far easier to just ask in scum chat for a summary of what she's missed if she were scum.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
Because I would rather resurrect MTR who is in most probabilities town, than Val, and that res came after Matthieu's wish.
I didn't know that using up res mechanics leads to a flip reveal, though, so that's at least somewhat useful. I'm just worried if we don't know what Val is, and he gets resurrected, we might possibly waste a day or action killing him again.
Again, Wishes are still being made and the wish post is being updated. Dont you think if the wish rez was the one that happened, VK would say wishes are done?

We also dont know who was rezzed.

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
Also, yes, after rereading Meowth's contribution I'm 50/50 on whether it's a wish or some other mechanic at play. Currently leaning towards the latter due to what BN has pointed out.

rock meets hard place

Kitten Herder
Pronouns
he/him
In general, MTR is a "pro town" rez b/c we know he's town/3p. Getting Val's flip is only mildly interesting .

We also know that one of MTR/Val was 3p or at least that's how I'm interpreting things.

rock meets hard place

Kitten Herder
Pronouns
he/him
I feel a lot of better about both of them, actually. Rock's likely not scum since I think scum would be more cautious when it comes to making wishes as to avoid wasting them so they can try and benefit their team. Getting frustrated at me or just joking around and wasting the wishes isn't a terrible reaction.

As for Wind, she does seem to be trying to look at things and going through post by post is something that makes me think she's town - it'd be far easier to just ask in scum chat for a summary of what she's missed if she were scum.
put your vote somewhere where it matters

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
In general, MTR is a "pro town" rez b/c we know he's town/3p. Getting Val's flip is only mildly interesting .

We also know that one of MTR/Val was 3p or at least that's how I'm interpreting things.
How are you interpreting either as 3p?

Val could be town/3p/scum... just not exodia
MTR could be town/3p... unlikely to be scum based on who killed him

Doesnt mean either have to be 3p. Both could be town for all we know.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her

I don't think I generally do that as scum unless I come back too close to deadline lol, it always looks more organic if I just read everything myself.

Kareemah

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
she/her
The typically Team rocket in games/cartoons was Jesse, James and Meowth. We saw action from Giovanni last night and meowth today. Wouldnt surprise me if different actions get displayed as different characters. The WWE/WCW game had loads of multi-characters baked into 1 role. I was a JOAT in that game and had access to 5 different people that could show up in the writeup. No something to dismiss. I feel this game likely has many people with multiple characters.
@psycho I feel like blind is def on to something and has been providing insightful information. As for Rock, a lot of their chat seems to look like filler to get the 5post min.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
I'm on team factional abity and I don't really think Meowth would rez a player not on his team.

I don't think the wish has been granted

Ok, I kinda see what you're saying now. I disagree, because I absolutely think they could do it for the lolz and to spice things up, but your POV at least is more clear to me now.

If thats the case just lynch them when they come back

See this is what i want to avoid, it's a waste of a day. If scum gets resurrected, then they should've stayed dead. If town gets resurrected and we kill them again on a whim, then they also shouldve stayed dead. The only thing I'm seeing that's an unarguably positive aspect of resurrections is that we might get flips if we plow through all resurrection mechanics, but I guess there's no way of knowing if or when that'll happen. And I definitely don't want scum controlling the resurrections, and I'm lukewarm at best on 3ps controlling it.

or I guess in theory he could use his rez on someone and make us THINK it's his teammate just so we waste a day lynching them.
Would a 3p make us waste a day re-lunch though? I think only if one of their teammates is on the chopping block.

Sorry, I had this post typed and forgot to hit send lmao.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
BN, Cape and Listo are all at 2 votes each currently
Listo only because Psycho is double voting, which he claims is not him
And I'm not really convinced I should be voting either of the other two cause I did my exploring and, barring whatever is up with the night actions on Cape, I don't think they look that terrible? Is it just me who thinks maybe scum just isn't catching much heat right now?

rock meets hard place

Kitten Herder
Pronouns
he/him
although I do like the idea of flipping BN I have suggested that we should start offing inactives. Its also possible that this game has very little movement not necessarily b/c scum feel like they are in a safe position, but b/c alot of this game is inactive

Listo95

Very sorry for not appearing until just now. Co-worker's husband had a major accident so had to cover those, had to fire 2 cashiers so had to cover those. In short my brain is mush and I'm tired. I will try to read everything during the night/tomorrow. If anyone wants to give a TLDR that would be nice so I at least have some clue as to what is going on right now.

Top Bottom