Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 1 - Throne of Suspicion

CWE

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
If I was cult, Psycho would be my #1 draft pick. I even said it (in the now dead Covid quicktopic. RIP Quicktopic). I'm not.

How much can we say?

Could we theoretically say exactly what we are?

Nightingale

Administrator
Foxxi's coming to a lot of the same conclusions I was as I was looking back over the last phase. Claws honestly spews a lot of people as non-cult. I do think the votes/push on Jarrod is the weakest out of the bunch, but overall the timing makes me think they aren't aligned.

Not Cult: Xan, Jarrod, MTR, Badger, Foxxi, Blind, Grae, Diva, Val

Some of those(Foxxi and Badger primarily, Probably Blind, Xan, Grae) I think are town regardless.

That leaves: morri, LDG, Kareemah, CWE, Future, Listo

I think morri is probably clean, but I think mechanically he could have been Mazer's partner and Claws was the recruit, so it's worth considering.

CWE just today voting me has me second guessing, but I also don't exactly think he's playing like he was recruited N1. I have suspicions about him being neutral though.

Future had a couple posts and vote timings that made me hmmmm, and the only thing holding me back is the pardon would probably be too blatant.

Listo seems more likely to be a neutral trying to be helpful to stay alive without drawing too much nightkill attention by suspecting people.

Kareemah is interesting because I think Claws saying that was his paladin target may be too on the nose? But then kareemah's vote on Xan was interesting timing, especially since it came as some pressure was building on Claws. I'm really torn there.

LDG is a complete neutral and as many have said would be a smart conversion pick.
Morri, even if he were a cult king, would not have been part of the cult chat. He'd be more like a 3p scum aligned

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
You can claim in this game, though it might be better to use a whisper to inform someone you trust as to what your role is rather than broadcast it to the game as a whole.

Nightingale

Administrator
And I poked CWE earlier and he said nothing had been done to him, and even I can't think of a way that would allow him to avoid lying if he had been recruited

Nightingale

Administrator
You can claim in this game, though it might be better to use a whisper to inform someone you trust as to what your role is rather than broadcast it to the game as a whole.
I have to laugh at this, since that is the exact opposite of what you did XD

Nightingale

Administrator
@PsychoSoldier - what is it that makes you feel grae isn't cult? I have light tinfoil that even though he probably wouldn't be Mazer's first choice, if Mazer tried to recruit someone he couldn't then Grae could have ended up as the bad luck choice. Hunter as a claim is exceptionally safe in that scenario too if that's what he began as... you know no one is going to counter you, and since the cult can still cause bleeds, if you need to "prove" it, it's feasible.

CWE

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
IF I told everyone, it might be for the best...

If I'm understanding what I am correctly.

CWE

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
As if I would know how to do that. Lol.

Badger

“70% Furry, 30% Filthy, 100% Fun”
Pronouns
he/him
Indeed, can’t see him being the whispering drunk type. More like cursing the bar while playing darts on his Caito dartboard.

Nightingale

Administrator
I'm really fucking good at darts.
I'm ashamed to admit I have no idea what you are trying to claim with this. But I also don't know that it matters to me since your response earlier was satisfactory XD

ForgottenHold

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Future, Kareemah, or LDG. I think those are the votes we look at if we're trying to find a cult member

Vote: LemonDemonGirl

Misyeet ahoy!

wolf GIF
I am not cult, the cult wishes they could have me around as cannon fodder

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
@PsychoSoldier - what is it that makes you feel grae isn't cult? I have light tinfoil that even though he probably wouldn't be Mazer's first choice, if Mazer tried to recruit someone he couldn't then Grae could have ended up as the bad luck choice. Hunter as a claim is exceptionally safe in that scenario too if that's what he began as... you know no one is going to counter you, and since the cult can still cause bleeds, if you need to "prove" it, it's feasible.
It's all about Claws' approach to Grae in the last phase. It seemed like he was genuinely trying to drum up suspicion there. Don't think they're aligned.

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
I'm surprised nobody picked up on the real reason why I claimed.

For starters, people are going to think twice about pushing me during the day phases since if they're wrong my passive ensures that I take someone with me - and I could readily question why someone so insistent that I'm to be distrusted is also unwilling to serve as the hammer.

At night, I have <REDACTED> charges of an ability that prevents me from being killed or converted. Which even accounting for WIFOM, means that scum are likely to leave me alone.

Even if someone happens to think I'm lying, for whatever reason, the chance that we have some sort of tracking or investigation role in play who could catch me out is very high and there's the ability for players to whisper each other which means that even if they don't reveal such a lie within the thread itself they can let someone they trust know without revealing their role.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
In fact, why were you more concerned with defending yourself rather than discussing the other names I proposed? Especially since I didn't even vote you.

Nightingale

Administrator
It's all about Claws' approach to Grae in the last phase. It seemed like he was genuinely trying to drum up suspicion there. Don't think they're aligned.
That makes sense. I had been concerned about the votes, plus my own paranoia that a converted hunter claiming hunter would be safe. And grae has a point that it would be fairly easy to check his claim in a number of ways, so nvm. I'll go put my tinfoil away XD

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Vote Count:

2 - Kareemah (Foxxi #728, CWE #729)
1 - CWE (Kareemah #646)
1 - Val (Listo #648)
1 - LDG (Psycho #700)
1 - Jarrod - (Future #715)

With 16 players alive, majority for nomination is 9 votes on a single player.

Nightingale

Administrator
As for LDG... I feel like she a schrodingers box of mafia. She's a super easy target to fall on, but also someone likely to be ignored. I don't have anything to sus her on other than poe and I don't like it

Kareemah

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
she/her
Foxxi's coming to a lot of the same conclusions I was as I was looking back over the last phase. Claws honestly spews a lot of people as non-cult. I do think the votes/push on Jarrod is the weakest out of the bunch, but overall the timing makes me think they aren't aligned.

Not Cult: Xan, Jarrod, MTR, Badger, Foxxi, Blind, Grae, Diva, Val

Some of those(Foxxi and Badger primarily, Probably Blind, Xan, Grae) I think are town regardless.

That leaves: morri, LDG, Kareemah, CWE, Future, Listo

I think morri is probably clean, but I think mechanically he could have been Mazer's partner and Claws was the recruit, so it's worth considering.

CWE just today voting me has me second guessing, but I also don't exactly think he's playing like he was recruited N1. I have suspicions about him being neutral though.

Future had a couple posts and vote timings that made me hmmmm, and the only thing holding me back is the pardon would probably be too blatant.

Listo seems more likely to be a neutral trying to be helpful to stay alive without drawing too much nightkill attention by suspecting people.

Kareemah is interesting because I think Claws saying that was his paladin target may be too on the nose? But then kareemah's vote on Xan was interesting timing, especially since it came as some pressure was building on Claws. I'm really torn there.

LDG is a complete neutral and as many have said would be a smart conversion pick.
What do you mean? And guys I’m Butler, not pulling a claws but genuinely the Butler. That’s why no one has been able to do actions on me and why I’m pushing so hard to see if Morrison is good or not

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
What do you mean? And guys I’m Butler, not pulling a claws but genuinely the Butler. That’s why no one has been able to do actions on me and why I’m pushing so hard to see if Morrison is good or not
That’s an interesting claim…

Kareemah

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
she/her
Vote: ldg
I’m going to go with ldg or cwe bc they seem to be common denominators in both lists people have made

Kareemah

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
she/her
That’s an interesting claim…
I’m not good enough at the game yet to lie so 😂 I wish I was lucky enough to be cult first game, that sounds fun, but I have been serving wine to people I think that’s suspicious/suspected me of being cult so if they wanted to do an action against me they wouldn’t be able to, and constantly asking Morrison what’s his side so pull a card if he’s cult

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
I’m not good enough at the game yet to lie so 😂 I wish I was lucky enough to be cult first game, that sounds fun, but I have been serving wine to people I think that’s suspicious/suspected me of being cult so if they wanted to do an action against me they wouldn’t be able to, and constantly asking Morrison what’s his side so pull a card if he’s cult
Tbf we have had newbies come in and pull this act before. Nothing personal, just wary.
Tbf we’ve had that act before from newbies so not out of the woods yet in my eyes. But at least you’re talking.

I’m gonna hang fire and see if LDG gives us more details on her action.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Rewrote a sentence and forgot to take the original one out there.

Kareemah

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
she/her
Tbf we have had newbies come in and pull this act before. Nothing personal, just wary.

Tbf we’ve had that act before from newbies so not out of the woods yet in my eyes. But at least you’re talking.

That’s fair

since you don’t believe me I can poison the king if you like to prove my innocence 😂 but then we have a poisoned king to worry about

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Who said I disbelieved you? I just found the claim interesting and worth pondering.

Nightingale

Administrator
That’s fair

since you don’t believe me I can poison the king if you like to prove my innocence 😂 but then we have a poisoned king to worry about
This is an awful idea. For one thing, if the rest of us are right and he is a good king - YOU also will die. But frankly, the fact you're even offering to do this leans you more town to me.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Well before the claim I was already leaning town for Kareemah and yeah I am sticking with that. :lol:

I don't think Badger is cult but not sure if they are town or neutral.

I think Foxxi and CWE are town.

Not sure what to think of others just yet. Struggling to keep up today. Stupid work.

And yeah as mentioned above Diva has covid so not sure how much we will see them this day phase. They are staying somewhere else to make sure the rest of us don't catch it.

Nightingale

Administrator
I had to go check...That's not possible. D2 began early - no actions could have been forgotten.

Nightingale

Administrator
Thou I suppose if she had been blocked, VK may not have bothered waiting for her to submit an action

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
What do I mean as in my reason for considering you as cult? It's that you voted Xanjori at a time when Claws was starting to get legit heat. Ergo, scum/cult/non-town team members generally vote for people other than their partners in an attempt to save them.

That said, I think if Claws was your partner, he probably wouldn't have claimed you as his N1 target. So I'm thinking it's less likely.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Also, I figured you were the butler when you hinted at being able to poison the king.

Fwiw, I think Morrison is probably fine.

Kareemah

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
she/her
This is an awful idea. For one thing, if the rest of us are right and he is a good king - YOU also will die. But frankly, the fact you're even offering to do this leans you more town to me.
Thank you that was the point lol I know it’s a bad idea bc we believe he’s good so why vote me but if people decide to execute me for some reason I will do it 😂 and yes, I am an Aries if that matters

Kareemah

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
she/her
Well before the claim I was already leaning town for Kareemah and yeah I am sticking with that. :lol:

I don't think Badger is cult but not sure if they are town or neutral.

I think Foxxi and CWE are town.

Not sure what to think of others just yet. Struggling to keep up today. Stupid work.

And yeah as mentioned above Diva has covid so not sure how much we will see them this day phase. They are staying somewhere else to make sure the rest of us don't catch it.
Thank u lol

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
As for LDG... I feel like she a schrodingers box of mafia. She's a super easy target to fall on, but also someone likely to be ignored. I don't have anything to sus her on other than poe and I don't like it
Ok, so why feel so strongly about kareemah?

Also, let's not forget that any people converted have a pretty clean claim and that doesn't really mean much in the long run, so I'm not quick to give thaf pass to Future when he hasn't really been contributing to discussion past self-defense.

Nightingale

Administrator
I see I'm late, but I'm still curious about the answers
It was initially the vibe of the two claims. Kareemah's comes from a place that feels legit - if she'd been converted she would no longer have the ability to poison the king - so her focus on him - plus later offering to follow through on that possibility strikes me as genuine. As for LDG - the literal only reason to sus her before was poe, and she's often in the poe because of her playstyle. But I really can't think of who else I would suspect at this point. And then she claimed she forgot her action N1, when D2 began early... and that has me raising a brow.

Nightingale

Administrator
Ok, so why feel so strongly about kareemah?

Also, let's not forget that any people converted have a pretty clean claim and that doesn't really mean much in the long run, so I'm not quick to give thaf pass to Future when he hasn't really been contributing to discussion past self-defense.
I won't go into specifics, but future really should not be a focus right now.

Kareemah

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
she/her
It was initially the vibe of the two claims. Kareemah's comes from a place that feels legit - if she'd been converted she would no longer have the ability to poison the king - so her focus on him - plus later offering to follow through on that possibility strikes me as genuine. As for LDG - the literal only reason to sus her before was poe, and she's often in the poe because of her playstyle. But I really can't think of who else I would suspect at this point. And then she claimed she forgot her action N1, when D2 began early... and that has me raising a brow.
Wdym by Poe?

morrison

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
Vote: ldg

if your action on foxxi failed night 2, i don't believe it was an honorable action.

Jarrod1983

Scum Hunter
Vote: LemonDemonGirl

If people have reason to believe you're up to no good then I will trust that.

I'm glad people came to their senses and didn't vote me. It's the wrong choice.

@FutureHold I don't like how people expressed their doubt that I am evil but you still vote me. I feel like I might have to pull a Andy and push you hard. Why are you voting for me again? Do you have the best of intentions here? I don't think so.

Day 3 Nomination - LDG

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Final Vote Count:

9 - LDG (Psycho #700, Kareemah #747, Foxxi #748, Val #772, Morrison #782, Jarrod 786, Badger #788, Matthieu #789, Listo #791)

1 - Jarrod (Future #715)

With 16 players alive, majority for nomination is 9 votes on a single player.

—--------------

The sword fighting event was coming to a close and the King wanted to put on a spectacle for all in attendance. He looked at his participants and bid them to choose someone to face off against Ser Bertholdt in one on one combat.

The group quickly came together and chose LDG. “Give us a good reason why you shouldn’t have to face him,” they clamored.

LDG is now on trial

All votes have been reset and you may begin voting for execute/pardon/abstain.

Day 3 will end on January 18th at 8:00pm ET or when majority is reached. With 15 people valid for this trial, majority on execute or pardon is 8 votes.

@Satsu HAS SUBBED IN FOR DIVASMURF. PLEASE DO NOT DISCUSS THIS SUBSTITUTION.

Last edited:

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Okay now that you’re on trial LDG, let’s hear some names on who you think is sus before we make our final decision.

Kareemah

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
she/her
Okay now that you’re on trial LDG, let’s hear some names on who you think is sus before we make our final decision.
He still hasn’t answered yet, his much time do we have left? I’m voting
Vote: execute

Top Bottom