Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 14: Quest for Mafia - So you want to be a Hero?

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Try to read through before I crash tonight after the game. Because its not of driving this weekend.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Okay. Yeah this is going to take some work to wrap my head around the write ups for this game.

What the hell is a town motivating mason finder? Combo of roles based on his actions? In Void's Avatar game he called us stuff like that because we were all two characters and they had different roles.

Claws

Mastermind
From morris train my suspects are bn and saner and future i believe theres scum in that from abbys law could also toss mtr his lack of anything and just joining the train was very lack luster

Badger

“70% Furry, 30% Filthy, 100% Fun”
Pronouns
he/him
@Xanjori was quick questioning me but hasn’t responded. Who would you not consider voting today dude?

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Straight from work to a tournament I'm coaching. This weekend is going to be pretty hectic.

Val-I don't have him in my safe list yet.

Badger- what do you mean by roles reversed? Who I would go for?
I think you’ve misread.

I said to Xan I would not consider voting you. I repeated the question back to him. Roles reversed is me asking him the question back.

ForgottenHold

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
From morris train my suspects are bn and saner and future i believe theres scum in that from abbys law could also toss mtr his lack of anything and just joining the train was very lack luster
I know my last minute vote would cause some suspicion but I do believe the rule is majority yeet

Dreyski

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
looking at the writeup, is Nightingale saying our Hero is not contributing in the thread?

The only thing Amelia would find as I can work out is Shema's power or will (and a will wouldn't make sense given it's N1)

Not sure what to make of the whole sheriff situation. Didn't put their action in?

Henry seems like an investigative role - don't know if there's any dees there.

From my experience, I think 3pups would have entered a mason chat if he'd found whoever was playing Pteresa, but I don't think we'll know until endgame. Unless Pteresa gained extra powers.

Antwerp - possible 3p?

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
Again, if we look at Abbi's Law, thats applied to the 1st train to reach 3 votes. Morri wasnt the 1st to 3. IIRC, that would have been Insaner with his self vote. This is the same reason looking at Futures train yesterday wouldnt have mattered.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
A technical medical examiner finds the cause of death. I’m thinking maybe this could get the actions? Who knows tbh.
My 1st thought was something similar, like an autopsy type action to find reason for death. Fits medical examiner.

Dreyski

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
The speed of Morri's train worries me. Barely 30 posts between vote 1 and hammer. As 3 pups is confimrmed as town, is might be more constructive to look at the back end of the train.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
@CWE when you get done from work/follow the tequila? What are your thoughts. I trust they will be helpful.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
The speed of Morri's train worries me. Barely 30 posts between vote 1 and hammer. As 3 pups is confimrmed as town, is might be more constructive to look at the back end of the train.
The Insaner pushing the hammer, Future doing it may be worth a look. I would say off the top of my head Future could be innocent wanting a yeet to get info. Insaner could want the same thing but like you say train does seem quick. Maybe trying to push Morri out subtly? 50/50 on him.

ForgottenHold

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
The Insaner pushing the hammer, Future doing it may be worth a look. I would say off the top of my head Future could be innocent wanting a yeet to get info. Insaner could want the same thing but like you say train does seem quick. Maybe trying to push Morri out subtly? 50/50 on him.
Morrison wasn’t providing anything to the game. At least lynching him gave us more info that he provided D1. My hammer was last minute but I was waffling on whether or not I wanted to

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Morrison wasn’t providing anything to the game. At least lynching him gave us more info that he provided D1. My hammer was last minute but I was waffling on whether or not I wanted to
I’m okay about you just now, will sheathe the RKO on you for now. My stronger gut feeling of potential foul play was more Insaner encouraging the hammer rather than you performing it.

Claws

Mastermind
Again, if we look at Abbi's Law, thats applied to the 1st train to reach 3 votes. Morri wasnt the 1st to 3. IIRC, that would have been Insaner with his self vote. This is the same reason looking at Futures train yesterday wouldnt have mattered.
sure but if scum thought oh hey morri easy lynch it could easily apply here aswell

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
It is a rite of passage that everyone visit Scotland because our country is gorgeous. It’s beauty and highland scenery is irresistible.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Plus you never know, you might find a filthy Badger amongst the wilderness. ;)

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
downside with scotland is it rains alot tho
Ehh Jan/early Feb was rough but it’s not been too bad recently. Once May hits though, should be in for a good time. 👍

Claws

Mastermind
i cant handle hot weather i barely survive canada summer and mexico in their rainy season

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
If you can handle the midges.
If he holidays North Western area near Ullapool towards Skye highland territory midges could be rough but depends on time of year.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Good way to make friends with us is flying Lays crisps over here and lots of them. My Canadian cousin flew over here once with them and it was a good time.

Claws

Mastermind
Lays Super Bowl GIF by Frito-Lay

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
I’m down with that.

Vote: Insaner

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
It is a rite of passage that everyone visit Scotland because our country is gorgeous. It’s beauty and highland scenery is irresistible.
Ive seen a few places on the other side of the pond... But it was Germany, Italy, Switzerland... Next time Im that side of the pond, I need to spend some time in Ireland.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Well, it sucks that Morrison flipped town. But you can't make an omelette without breaking some eggs. I thought it was better to have a random yeet than no yeet at all, since it resolves a player that we don't have to wonder if they are scum anymore as well as gives us a flip by which we can judge the actions of other people around it. Plus Morrison wasn't going to be able to act last night so I figured it wouldn't be a huge loss if he is town, as Tildey has already pointed out. Hope he wasn't a mason or something though.

Those were my reasons for wanting the wagon to go through. But I've also come to appreciate that the argument of "do it cos it's funny" can often work better than actual reasoning which is why I chose to push the wagon in the manner I did.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Vote: Xanjori

I feel like Xanjori has been coasting on his early town reads. He hasn't really followed through with the same energy of "overeager town" he had at the start of D1 so I'm back to him being just a wolf.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I like Tildey on Morrison because her vote had the most conviction. Future and Badger I like for other reasons. The rest of the wagon I think is pretty dirty.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I like Tildey on Morrison because her vote had the most conviction. Future and Badger I like for other reasons. The rest of the wagon I think is pretty dirty.
Like 2-3 wolves kinda dirty

But Xanjori not commenting on the Morrison train at all worries me

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I think CWE is town. It's pretty unfortunate that he is voting me right now.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
I am stroking my beard a little why Xan asked me a question then disappeared. Almost like it was just for the gold and not caring about the answer.

Me shall ponder this a bit…

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Today I hate Claws the least of the remaining people on Morrison train

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
What's your read from them? Blind Ninja playing his meta opportunistic? Future and Insaner because of the late push? And mtr for the weak start? Or are you seeing something different?

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I think you’ve misread.

I said to Xan I would not consider voting you. I repeated the question back to him. Roles reversed is me asking him the question back.
My bad. I was going fast before leaving, and I think I misread the tag.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Looks like she's going to do like a cross between Psych's style and what jarrod does some time.
Fifth and down, she gets yards and throws the ball to Psych who high on weed running from Spiderman scores the touch down! Jarrod kicks the field goal…….

Okay I’ve only watch the Superbowl, indoor stuff and thought betting against Tom Brady was a good idea somehow.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
What's your read from them? Blind Ninja playing his meta opportunistic? Future and Insaner because of the late push? And mtr for the weak start? Or are you seeing something different?
I don't mind BN's initial vote per say but him not coming back after the train had grown worries me

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Also @Mazer no commentary this time?
Probably not. I usually just like day 1. But honestly, that was one of my all-time favorites. I thought about starting today with a commentary. But then I got tired.

I might lapse back into it though. Really enjoyed the mix of commentary and fan chants.

I was saving YNWA. I didn't know what for. But I knew it needed saved. And it was there when I needed it.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
looking at the writeup, is Nightingale saying our Hero is not contributing in the thread?

The only thing Amelia would find as I can work out is Shema's power or will (and a will wouldn't make sense given it's N1)

Not sure what to make of the whole sheriff situation. Didn't put their action in?

From my experience, I think 3pups would have entered a mason chat if he'd found whoever was playing Pteresa, but I don't think we'll know until endgame. Unless Pteresa gained extra powers.

Antwerp - possible 3p?
Interesting choices here.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
That was what made me nervous yesterday. It could very well be the "always have a lynch on d1" mentality. But we can't rule out that someone wanted to make sure it went over the line.

Because I was genuinely curious what the reaction would be yesterday.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I read Future as town. But because I hate being cocky early reads, I have to at least consider that someone could used Insaner's prodding as a cover. I don't find Insaner to be out of character yesterday, and I did feel ok about Future.

But because it's way too early to start not talking through momentum points, its important that we at least vet it out.

In an investigation, every detail is important.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
When you were waffling, what were you thinking about? What were your reasons for thinking about not doing it?

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Vote: Xanjori

I feel like Xanjori has been coasting on his early town reads. He hasn't really followed through with the same energy of "overeager town" he had at the start of D1 so I'm back to him being just a wolf.
What do you think about him coming right in at claws with the first vote?

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Fifth and down, she gets yards and throws the ball to Psych who high on weed running from Spiderman scores the touch down! Jarrod kicks the field goal…….

Okay I’ve only watch the Superbowl, indoor stuff and thought betting against Tom Brady was a good idea somehow.
This was the worst American football sentence ever. I just can't even right now....

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
What do you think about him coming right in at claws with the first vote?
I mean he was on a Morrison train and he is hard to read. I had Claws as part of my Poe during N1. So it's not an unreasonable vote.

I liked the post I quoted from Claws today though, and I think he may be the mason 3pups was trying to find given his yesterday's antics about wanting to party. So he might be that wolfy villager in the POE.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I don't mind BN's initial vote per say but him not coming back after the train had grown worries me
I had to go back and look at the d1 final vote order in discord. Sorry, because I'm a bit tired. And will definitely be losing my voice by the end of the weekend. So, him not internally pushing it through is the thing?

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I mean he was on a Morrison train and he is hard to read. I had Claws as part of my Poe during N1. So it's not an unreasonable vote.

I liked the post I quoted from Claws today though, and I think he may be the mason 3pups was trying to find given his yesterday's antics about wanting to party. So he might be that wolfy villager in the POE.
When he first came in, I was wondering if there was more to it. But I also had the same theory on claws. So....fuck if I know with those two right now.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Cwe can exceed a total percentage of 100 in drink analogies. It's a sight to behold.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
Thats fair. I placed the vote before going to bed, and didnt have time or ability to look back at the thread before day ended. Not like D1 me would have changed my vote from that point on. If im posting anytime around 4-8am EST, Im likely still awake from the day before. I dont use my phone for the game, so if im not home, I dont read/post.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante

I agree that this feels like the wolfy villager Claws playstyle. I almost always think he's sus, but something about this feels very similar to his play last game in which he was town.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Thats fair. I placed the vote before going to bed, and didnt have time or ability to look back at the thread before day ended. Not like D1 me would have changed my vote from that point on. If im posting anytime around 4-8am EST, Im likely still awake from the day before. I dont use my phone for the game, so if im not home, I dont read/post.
Dissecting this post a little

If you weren't able to look back at the thread and I'm accusing you of being wolfy for it, then is it not be unfair?

This feels like too pliable a response.

Also the "not like D1 me would have changed the vote" reads like "even if I was a villager I would have done the same thing" lmao

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
So you're the tracker and not a watcher then.

Sad. Could have bagged a wolf today :(

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
Dissecting this post a little

If you weren't able to look back at the thread and I'm accusing you of being wolfy for it, then is it not be unfair?

This feels like too pliable a response.

Also the "not like D1 me would have changed the vote" reads like "even if I was a villager I would have done the same thing" lmao
So putting words in my mouth... something I dislike people doing. Not gonna make me like you more or sus you less.

Would you prefer I didnt have a vote out? Then you would have called me sus for that.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
So putting words in my mouth... something I dislike people doing. Not gonna make me like you more or sus you less.

Would you prefer I didnt have a vote out? Then you would have called me sus for that.
Then clarify it for me por favor. What did you mean by "it's not like D1 me would have changed the vote from that point on"?.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
Then clarify it for me por favor. What did you mean by "it's not like D1 me would have changed the vote from that point on"?.
It was a bit redundant to the "didnt have time or ability to look back at the thread before day ended."

Cant say that I wouldnt have changed if I was around, but it would have taking convincing on a target. I wasnt keen on a Future vote at the time. He felt townie on D1.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
It was a bit redundant to the "didnt have time or ability to look back at the thread before day ended."

Cant say that I wouldnt have changed if I was around, but it would have taking convincing on a target. I wasnt keen on a Future vote at the time. He felt townie on D1.
Oh yeah that makes sense. I still think it's weird that you chose to phrase it like that though

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him

It's just how it works my brother. We were of one mind yesterday, united in our goal to mislynch Morrison, all of us together.

And today we must fight amongst ourselves to shift the blame.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Mason finder? What's that? Does he target someone and if they are a mason, gets a confirmation? Does he get to join the mason chat? Do the other masons get confirmation that he is town too?
Yeah I think he knew there was a mason but didn't know who it was and had to guess

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him

Antwerp - possible 3p?
Hero is the vig who pussied out last night probably

Or doesn't yet have the gold

Amelia read like it could have been a watcher to me, but since there is no watcher claim it's probably some sort of coroner role

Though Henry also reads similarly

Actually Amelia might be town backup now that I think of it

Sheriff might be some sort of dreamer role, like they get a name of random townie in their sleep or some shit

Schultz and Otto's descriptions are too vague to say anything about 'em

It sounds like Erasmus is the name of a mafia role that killed 3pups last night and Antwerp is a 3p

I hope it's not 4 wolves otherwise the game is pretty hard

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
This was the worst American football sentence ever. I just can't even right now....
Yeah sorry. Actual football is my forte.

“Goooooaaaall! Maaaazzzeeeroooooooo!!!!!”

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
EBWOP @Mazer

Yeah sorry. Actual football is my forte.

“Goooooaaaall! Maaaazzzeeeroooooooo!!!!

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Copied vid into quote by mistake but it’s such a bangin theme tune and a staple of my weekend TV viewing on Channel 4 it’s worth posting twice!

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
CWE inferring some sort of dees versus Insaner’s spirited defence is quite the match-up.

Definitely would like to hear more from Xanjori though and also a yeet-worthy candidate unless CWE is very sure on Insaner.

Top Bottom