Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 22: <Insert Title Here>

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
The roleblock/doc is basically a wash. It's the same thing when only a kill is to be worried about.

So basically, what was different (assuming there weren't other PRs people didn't admit to)

1 Motion Detector
1 Neighbor
1 scum potentially

oh and the doublevoter. duh

Yeah, as I said, that's still a lot of town PRs
Like even if you think one neighbor has to be scum, it's essentially still a vanilla role in that it doesn't have a night action. And I don't know if I believe all of the power is concentrated into town.

If we hypothetically say all of the claims are town, then there might be a scum PR hidden among the vanilla claims too.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
So you think its more likely scum got a motion detector than one person being in the neighborhood?

I'm actually asking, not trying to be combative.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
I wonder if Xan was here if he'd buy this.

The reason I know Foxxi does neighborhoods for balance is in her fae game she balanced the scum team around my character. If I fucked up, one of the scum died along with me and he was their extra kill scum. Now I was neutral, so obviously not the same thing.

However, I had made mistakes in that game and should have died, but Foxxi didn't see them. However, the game was going extremely poorly for town. So, Foxxi went back and checked all my posts to verify if I made a mistake and found a few so I'd die and give the town a better chance with one of the scum dying.

Town still lost lol.

But my point is, this is why I tend to think one of the 3 is scum, just from a game perspective. But again, i have nothing to back that up and the people who are best able to solve that are you three and you three have cleared each other because everyone is solvy.

Soooo, badger it is i guess even tho he didn't kill CWE.

/shrug

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Like, I want to believe all three are town. I just don't know if I ever can because I can't see what you guys talked about. I can only trust that you guys did your due diligence because you guys made it clear, from two of you, that you were voting as a bloc.

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
So you think its more likely scum got a motion detector than one person being in the neighborhood?

I'm actually asking, not trying to be combative.
Accounting for my personal reads, yes, I would sus Matthieu before Satsu or Claws
I think in your position I could kind of see your point, it's just that since I have access to the hood chat and have been realtiming with both of the others, I don't really think they could keep up that level of solving and fake it as scum. I haven't seen either of them rand scum before, I don't think, but we've chatted all 3 of us at the same time, we've chatted 2 at a time, and all of the interaction has felt pure to me. First day was less trust and more scoping each other out, sharing reads and commenting on each other's, and a bit of that yesterday, but today I'm pretty damn confident they're town. So yeah, barring mechanical evidence I would not be willing to vote Satsu or Claws unless one or both were in LyLo and I had to reevaluate.

Claws

All-Knowing
Like, if Foxxi literally made a game with a town doublevoter and a full town neighborhood filled with some of the three most talkative and solvy people, I would be surprised at how she balances.

So maybe its because she taught me how to balance and this just doesn't seem like a real game she'd make (outside of the potential for scum PRs to help counteract; roleblocker, strongman, etc)

But, as always, I've been wrong before.
Man you become such a whiner when you dont get your way grow up a little

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
@Blind Ninja When you took over for LDG, there was nothing in her chat about why she claimed cop right? I assume it would be in scum chat but want to ask.

Again, in the same vein of "why did val claim kiwi" I want to know why LDG, our player who doesn't make plans, decided to claim Cop and vehemently fight about it?

And then, continued it after the re-rand?

I see a world where she didn't know she re-randed, but I kinda feel like the new scum team would try and reign her in and make comments about it. And not have her randomly claim (if there was a new team shes on.)

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Both of those things I have no reasonable explanation for.

Other than the catch all of "they do weird things" but even then. I don't think it's like this.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
1726003494283.png

The last post of re-rand clearly isn't showing some type of cop check (that we can tell right).

Then voted immediately at the start of the re-rand saying she is claiming cop and was a cop before and after rand.

I am willing to believe she wasn't sure what we were talking about, but that only makes sense (to me), if BN was a cop and not claiming VT.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
So, sure MTR could have told her to claim cop at one point and she just went with it regardless of the rand.

But, i dunno. It feels like something was there.

Matthieu

Vigilante
Matthieu smirked to himself and toyed with the idea of falsely claiming to be a fourth neighbour in the hopes that Windward, Claws and Satsu would go along with it for the sake of hilarity.

He thought better of the idea, though. He valued VoidKitten's contributions and hoped the duo could work together to untangle the mess and prevent further murders.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Matthieu smirked to himself and toyed with the idea of falsely claiming to be a fourth neighbour in the hopes that Windward, Claws and Satsu would go along with it for the sake of hilarity.

He thought better of the idea, though. He valued VoidKitten's contributions and hoped the duo could work together to untangle the mess and prevent further murders.
Stop it. I'm paranoid about everyone now :D

This buddying is what has pinged you about me this whole time. And I want to trust its roleplay, but I just can't believe you anymore since that one time you ruined our pact of "can i trust you"

Ruined it.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Well the fact if he wasnt i was gunna shoot satsu
No, but I mean why? I might be misremembering, but i could have sworn you said something like "i checked something and yeah we should go val" or something.

I assumed you checked your notes or w.e and came to that conclusion.

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
@Blind Ninja When you took over for LDG, there was nothing in her chat about why she claimed cop right? I assume it would be in scum chat but want to ask.

Again, in the same vein of "why did val claim kiwi" I want to know why LDG, our player who doesn't make plans, decided to claim Cop and vehemently fight about it?

And then, continued it after the re-rand?

I see a world where she didn't know she re-randed, but I kinda feel like the new scum team would try and reign her in and make comments about it. And not have her randomly claim (if there was a new team shes on.)
I'm not sure either why she kept it up instead of dropping it, but I'm not sure scum!LDG just votes herself and leaves. I don't think cop!LDG votes herself and leaves like that, either, though. Most likely she claimed cop before noticing the rerand and thought a night phase had passed.

Claws

All-Knowing
No, but I mean why? I might be misremembering, but i could have sworn you said something like "i checked something and yeah we should go val" or something.

I assumed you checked your notes or w.e and came to that conclusion.
I checked my hood chat for fruits and became very "angsty" at satsu to counter claim or id bury him

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
I'm not sure either why she kept it up instead of dropping it, but I'm not sure scum!LDG just votes herself and leaves. I don't think cop!LDG votes herself and leaves like that, either, though. Most likely she claimed cop before noticing the rerand and thought a night phase had passed.
Yep. That's the world where I think she could have just missed it.

But why so adamant that she was Cop and we were fucks for missing it?

And then, presumably, asks for a sub and BN joins our party.

I just don't get itttttttt.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
I checked my hood chat for fruits and became very "angsty" at satsu to counter claim or id bury him
Yup yup. I realize that now. When i read it obviously didn't know about neighbors. But now I get the "something i cant talk about" was in fact that and Satsu claiming to be kiwi.

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
Yep. That's the world where I think she could have just missed it.

But why so adamant that she was Cop and we were fucks for missing it?

And then, presumably, asks for a sub and BN joins our party.

I just don't get itttttttt.
She might honestly have felt like she fucked up and wanted out as town

Claws

All-Knowing
Suspicious Despicable Me GIF

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
Not sure he was ever convinced. He didnt believe Foxxi would put same fruit in the game and liked me more.
Yeah and as Claws said, he was gonna go after Satsu if Val had flipped town
So I think for him it was mostly a case of "one of them has to be scum"

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
Even if badger didnt murder theres still good podsibuility hes scum ?
I think even if Badger flips scum, he was very unlikely to carry the kill because he was wagoned yesterday and likely to be investigated or roleblocked by town

Speaking of likely targets, why does town!Matthieu motion detect Satsu? The only thing I'd expect to happen there is Satsu getting killed, or in worlds where Matt believes there's a doctor, maybe a doctor. I think after the kiwi counterclaim, motion detector on Satsu seems like a waste.

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
I'm probably voting Badger today, based on what's been discussed here and in our hood chat, but I still wanna wait and give Badger a chance to show up. See if he has anything to say about what's been discussed since the last time he checked in.

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
Boring yeet badger or spicy yeet grae or bn hmm
Nah I don't think BN is a hit, based on what was going on with LDG and her cop claim kerfuffle. Plus BN has also been onto Badger and I think Badger is scum cause he gave up fighting back earlier

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Mitch actually has one really glaring issue that I do not like and absolutely could see a team.

Why did Mitch hammer Val, when just 15 minutes prior, he said he did not want to change trains because he didn't trust WA and Badger.

Then comes in and tries to make it seem like we were all taking too long when he clearly knew BN was around and then tried to prod BN by making things seem dramatic.

MitchRapp

Scum Hunter
Because I am a man of action.

No theater here and while I respect that you are going to dig into my ISO, I go back to the last vote. Val and Badger are tied 5-5. Why would a (scum) me jump off (town )Badger at the last second and lynch a (scum) Val? It makes zero sense.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Badger has a few posts I hate, but he actually has a few I like. One in particular. The clarification he made almost made it seem like he is telling the truth, but its just one small comment that I feel read.

BN asked Badger if his role changed.
The character yes but not the mechanics.

Why do you ask?
Badger, instead of saying yes, like everyone expected since char=role, he specified that the mechanics are the same.

That caught my eye on ISO because its not how I'd think to respond to that. He very clearly wanted to spell out that his char changed, but his mechanics (VT) are still the same

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Because I am a man of action.

No theater here and while I respect that you are going to dig into my ISO, I go back to the last vote. Val and Badger are tied 5-5. Why would a (scum) me jump off (town )Badger at the last second and lynch a (scum) Val? It makes zero sense.
Because BN was clearly about to vote for Val. He was getting ready to go that way and you stole it before he could :D

I just don't know how in 15 minutes you say "nah, hard for me to swap" then immediately join it :D

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
BN's ISO irritates me because he complains about something Badger did then didn't complain about Mitch when he did it too (quoting posts to answer a question).

MitchRapp

Scum Hunter
Because BN was clearly about to vote for Val. He was getting ready to go that way and you stole it before he could :D

I just don't know how in 15 minutes you say "nah, hard for me to swap" then immediately join it :D
I did not think it was clear what BN was about to do. I had zero interest in another rerand. Starting over was a pain. We had thought 48 hours was the pace. When he came in and did not vote and did the whole I guess it comes down to me and drug his feet I started to think it might be him and Badger and didn't want to risk it. I like bold moves so I went for it and it worked.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
I did not think it was clear what BN was about to do. I had zero interest in another rerand. Starting over was a pain. We had thought 48 hours was the pace. When he came in and did not vote and did the whole I guess it comes down to me and drug his feet I started to think it might be him and Badger and didn't want to risk it. I like bold moves so I went for it and it worked.
Oh my god this sounds so scummy I just can't.

IT WAS FIFTEEN MINUTES and you are acting like BN took years.

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
Nice pop-in lmao
Do you still think BN is scum with Badger? I mean I think you've made it clear that you think Badger is scum, but how do you feel on BN today?

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
Someone do the math, but if we had gotten a town flip instead of a scum flip yesterday, would we be in LyLo today?

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
I think VK is bringing up good points on Mitch
I think what sticks out to me on Badger is that he took no real interest in interacting with or reading Val until they were both getting voted, and suddenly Badger decided Val seemed scummy. Val didn't even fight it, he just came in and voted Badger and disappeared.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
10 alive. town yeet and town kill - assuming 3 scum total
8 alive 3 scum 5 town and it is mylo (could still sleep here technically)

Badger

“70% Furry, 30% Filthy, 100% Fun”
Pronouns
he/him
I unvoted as I had misread Mitch’s initial post saying he liked me (which was clarified later on) then wanted to get some initial thoughts on Matthieu. I also looked at the vote trains and noticed Val voting poorly including for CWE and also given his low activity, I felt for that day at least that Val was a better chance at being scum but still wouldn’t be surprised if he pushed me again the folk day which he has.

However I’m still uncertain on him about being more valuable to town alive then holding back on elaborating because he doesn’t like hard claiming apparently.

Having an apparent 3-way town neighbourhood from the start of the phase without recruiting is certainly interesting, I don’t think I’ve ever seen that in a game before so right now I’m not sure what to make of it as it would be a new mechanic on me but then again so is a complete re-rand.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
I think what sticks out to me on Badger is that he took no real interest in interacting with or reading Val until they were both getting voted, and suddenly Badger decided Val seemed scummy. Val didn't even fight it, he just came in and voted Badger and disappeared.
I don't know if I see the same thing you do. Badger actually made a post giving reads on each person. Then said based on that he felt the "outliers" were Claws and Val. Claws shows up immediately and they banter slightly and then Badger votes on Val for being not here.

I actually didn't see him say Val was sus unless I need to go back further :D

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Badger has a few posts I hate, but he actually has a few I like. One in particular. The clarification he made almost made it seem like he is telling the truth, but its just one small comment that I feel read.

BN asked Badger if his role changed.

Badger, instead of saying yes, like everyone expected since char=role, he specified that the mechanics are the same.

That caught my eye on ISO because its not how I'd think to respond to that. He very clearly wanted to spell out that his char changed, but his mechanics (VT) are still the same
Yeah that’s what I was getting at.

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
I don't know if I see the same thing you do. Badger actually made a post giving reads on each person. Then said based on that he felt the "outliers" were Claws and Val. Claws shows up immediately and they banter slightly and then Badger votes on Val for being not here.

I actually didn't see him say Val was sus unless I need to go back further :D
It was in the vote post, where he said Val was sus for not being here
It's just that I didn't think he'd said much about Val before that point, and they hadn't interacted at all
I think Badger has interacted with pretty much everyone else he's voted or mentioned as sus?

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
It was in the vote post, where he said Val was sus for not being here
It's just that I didn't think he'd said much about Val before that point, and they hadn't interacted at all
I think Badger has interacted with pretty much everyone else he's voted or mentioned as sus?
The choices, at that time, were you and Val since Badger was the top post. He tied Val with him and then Val 20 min later put Badger above him. Then Claws tied it up. Matthieu put Badger ahead of Val and I tied it up.

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
The choices, at that time, were you and Val since Badger was the top post. He tied Val with him and then Val 20 min later put Badger above him. Then Claws tied it up. Matthieu put Badger ahead of Val and I tied it up.
Ok, I kept thinking Val had more than one vote on him at the time, but you're right.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
I think VK is bringing up good points on Mitch
I know Val can sometimes be low level as town so wasn’t sussing him right away. Looking back at the trains after I unvoted though, I didn’t like his votes plus his play when he did reminded me of when he randed scum/open-wolfing as a wolf in my game which I covered earlier.

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
I know Val can sometimes be low level as town so wasn’t sussing him right away. Looking back at the trains after I unvoted though, I didn’t like his votes plus his play when he did reminded me of when he randed scum/open-wolfing as a wolf in my game which I covered earlier.
Did he claim weird shit in that game? Asking out of curiosity.

Top Bottom