Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 7: Everyone Loves Listo. Except the Devil.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
"And if you are going to keep up that attitude, you can just leave right now"-Listo

The Devil hung his head and departed. He had been having such a good time destroying the inground birdhouses. It had only been a few months ago that Listo had launched his project to build homes for birds injured before they could learn to fly. And The Devil had delighted in destroying them with his pitchfork. The inground nature of the homes made it particularly easy for pitchfork work.

But Listo had heard of the Devil's plan and and sent him away with only a few words. Even the Devil himself couldn't resist Listo's pure charms.

But how could he conduct his evil plans when he couldn't resist Listo? Listo had driven worldwide purity up 17% since his birth. And his power was only growing. With his "Hands of Listo" organization spreading worldwide, the Devil feared for his damned soul stream. He couldn't even trust the Demons of Hell to resist Listo.

He needed a new plan. A better plan. A colder plan. He needed to shield his heart from Listo.

And so the Devil decided he would do just that. The Devil ripped out his own heart, and placed it in a steel shell. From there he decided: "In for a penny, in for a pound". He would shield himself completely from Listo.

And thus the Robot Devil was born.

satan-robot.gif

The Robot Devil knew he couldn't rely on his demons. He needed new recruits. He set out to find the most cutthroat, deceptive, self-rationalizing group in the world. Mafia Players (obviously).

First, the Robot Devil found a group of players. He knew that he would find Morrison there as well.

"Ah Morrison. How would you like to wreak havoc? Twist each of these souls until they scream? Watch the whole world burn? HA HA HA HA!"

"Listen Devil. I take no personal joy in this. I just make the smart plays. And destroying the world just doesn't make good game sense."

The Robot Devil fumed. He raged. And he sent his pitchfork towards Morrison. But Listo stepped in front.

"Devil. I asked you nicely before. And I will ask you again. Please leave."

But the Robot Devil DID NOT leave. He started intently at Listo. Listo was shocked as the Robot Devil scoffed at him. "It seems your power is limited now Listo. You may have Morrison! But there WILL BE OTHERS!" The Robot Devil shot a stream of fire at a zipline for the handicapped that Listo had built (it made crossing the street timely AND fun). He disappeared in a fiery blaze.

Morrison looked at Listo. Listo was shaken. Morrison sighed "Listo, I know you like to do things the kind way. We've got to play to win the game. This will take more than just your Hands. This will require your Fists"

From a bar across the street, a perfectly normal bartender looked on with interest. He was wearing blue jeans and had a toothpick in his mouth, so obviously he was a normal human bartender. He took in the whole scene and pondered, as he sipped on his glass of blood. As normal human bartenders often do.

Game Notes
This will be a Role Madness game. Which will include a bit of devilry (wink, wink).
Do not claim roles or breadcrumb. I will kill you way faster than voidkitten.
You are strongly encouraged to make more than 5 posts a day and vote. If you need a replacement, please let me know
Day phases cut off at 48 hours. Night at 24. The cutoff occurs whether I am online or not.
If there is no hammer before the end of the day phase, the leading vote getter will be eliminated. If there is no hammer reached, the hammer the following day will decrease by 1. This effect stacks. If there is a tie, both players will be eliminated.

You must UNVOTE to move your vote (the x at the top of your reply panel)

Use the VOTE function for your vote to count (the checkmark at the top of your reply panel).

I am sending out role cards now.

After I finish, I will post an update and further game intro, prior to the official start.

Last edited:

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Likely there is an inactivity/voting vig. Mazer typically does those as a third party or scum? I haven't seen him do town yet like I tend to do.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
The Robot Devil raged.

On his Fiddle of Pestilence, he played a tune that sent the world reeling.

But for every note the Robot Devil played, Listo was there to save another soul. He counseled. He contributed. He kept the delicate balance of good and evil.

Finally, the Robot Devil had enough. He summoned all his might, and teleported to Belize, where Listo was crafting dry erase boards for underprivileged schools. As the Robot Devil went to crush a school, Listo stood in front and blocked the blow with his aura. The resulting crash echoed through time and space.

Listo and the Robot Devil flew through a rift in the space-time continuum. There battle continued. Each strike and parry caused another rift. When they finally landed, the Robot Devil smirked. "Foolish Listo. I knew that you had too great of a hold on the hearts and minds of this world. But as we have been battling, tearing into the multiverse itself, my lieutenant has been collecting the forces of your undoing".

Listo looked on in shock. He finally understood why Psych had named himself Psycho666Soldier. There, at the forefront of the Demonic Army, stood Psych. In the sky, the Illusive Man's ship hovered over the battlefield, as the dragon Flemeth landed behind a Corrupt Music Exec, who was trying to convince an impressionable band that they would have to Americanize their sound in order to sell.

Listo knew despair for only second. He screwed his courage to the sticking place, and prepared for his final battle.

As he prepared to advance, Morrison appeared. He put his hand on Listo's shoulder. "That demon isn't the only one who has been busy. I told you 'We play to win the game'. The Fists of Listo are here".

Jackie Daytona, a normal human bartender, looked on "Look, I everyone knows I love a good doomsday, but this is going to cost those girls their shot at regionals. And that I cannot abide, thank you very much". He changed into a bat and surveyed the battlefield.

At that moment, Claws crested the hill behind them, his fearsome shout echoing for all to hear. The Normandy landed, and as the doors opened Commander Shepard and Urdnot Wrex charged out, guns blazing. As Flemeth took back to the sky, she felt a blast of fire at her back. Toothless circled behind her, Jay Baruchel (who knew Toothless from filming scenes together), riding on the dragon's back.

The Warden and Morrigan saw that Flemeth was occupied and turned their sights to Psych, as BAP challenged the Music Exec's message.

The battle was now fully engaged.

All that was good and decent in the world hung in the balance.

Active Players

1. Psycho666Soldier
2. Badger
3. MTR
4. Listo
5. Clawsin
6. CRichardFoL
7. CWE
8. VoidKitten
9. Matthieu
10. llettuce
11. FutureHold
12. Kryllian
13. BlindNinja
14. Val the Moofia Boss
15. LemonDemonGirl
16. Jarrod1983
17. Robozerim
18. rock meets hard place
19. Nightingale
20. GrumpyCat
99. Xanjori
22. Dreyski
23. Tildey

With 23 active players, hammer is 12. Begin Day 1.

Listo Fact of the Day: In the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, Listo personally kept every Waffle House in New Orleans running, providing waffles and cokes free of charge to the entire community.

Kryllian

Lunchable
Pronouns
he/him
I'm not sure how I feel about the "Fists of Listo". It's leaving me equally excited and scared!

Vote Xanjori

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
I had to fight with two salespeople today and a customer called me the most useless manager ever.

How were your days today :D

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Current Vote Count:

Mtr(3) - Future, cwe, grump,
Xan (1)- Kryll
listo(1) - voidkitten
matt(1) - blind ninja

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
But it’s hot outside and what if I need to make a snack run after work
It is not hot outside and come home and get your car. What snack are you going to get? I thought you just always went over to the cookie store and spend your paycheck from there on cookies.

Badger

“70% Furry, 30% Filthy, 100% Fun”
Pronouns
he/him
In the words of Outkast…Hey y’all!

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Yeah right, like we are going to kill anyone
Hey long-time poster and mod but been on a break. Badger nice to meet ya!

Someone catch me up to speed if this sleep behaviour is typical. Grae is grae but unfamiliar with his work.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
D1 listo and get rid of the consequences early

This seems like town Claws at first glance but also have to take into consequence this is a Mazer game so be wary of voting for the guest of honour. Remember the CWE tribute Rajah game, there was pushback for voting for him.

I wouldn’t object to vetting him though.

Nightingale

Administrator
Hey long-time poster and mod but been on a break. Badger nice to meet ya!

Someone catch me up to speed if this sleep behaviour is typical. Grae is grae but unfamiliar with his work.
Rock protested the concept in his first game in utterly appalled and confused, but has since just rolled over and submitted to it. So. Normal, if abhorrent.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Vote: Psycho

Scorpion: “Get over heeeeereee!”

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Rock protested the concept in his first game in utterly appalled and confused, but has since just rolled over and submitted to it. So. Normal, if abhorrent.
Appreciated.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
I had to fight with two salespeople today and a customer called me the most useless manager ever.

Passht try my job.

I’ve had bad customer reviews because driver van running over an hour late (though the driver’s van trip said he’d be earlier), one of our store disabled toilets were allegedly not clean and had stains empty voddy bottle on the floor and I wasn’t taking it seriously though phoned the manager straight away who said it was clean and that bottle was in the bin. Rescheduled a customer’s order which was running a bit late to their request and the date/time they asked and just said “No” in the review like it was my fault. Customer go mental because they supposedly ordered blueberries instead of blackberries on their shopping order (it said blackberries) and they demanded blueberries today! Apparently I’m the devil!

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Oh yeah and a Jewish woman complained about me not giving me compensation because she failed to see bacon on her triple chicken sandwich despite the fact it’s listen on the ingredients and you can clearly see the bacon dripping out.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Either this is a breadcrumb and you should die now, or we can safely assume whatever badger is, it's not robot devil.
It’s been thirty-plus degrees Celsius in Scotland so about as hot as Hell at least for us! Probably a drop in the bucket for you guys lol.

Listo95

Passht try my job.

I’ve had bad customer reviews because driver van running over an hour late (though the driver’s van trip said he’d be earlier), one of our store disabled toilets were allegedly not clean and had stains empty voddy bottle on the floor and I wasn’t taking it seriously though phoned the manager straight away who said it was clean and that bottle was in the bin. Rescheduled a customer’s order which was running a bit late to their request and the date/time they asked and just said “No” in the review like it was my fault. Customer go mental because they supposedly ordered blueberries instead of blackberries on their shopping order (it said blackberries) and they demanded blueberries today! Apparently I’m the devil!
Listo knows you did no wrong.

Listo95

Well, that's convinced me. If I weren't contractually obligated to do a die of fate vote, I'd absolutely be voting against the devil. Pull out a handy dandy dice roller....I got a 4! Who's 4?

Oh.

Vote: listo

The devil made me do it! /runaway
Clearly Jonah rolled the die for you.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
I don’t waste good bread. Hell the shitty seagulls and pigeons we get here would be over shit we drop on the pavements.

Dreyski

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him

There were four of us running a department with what felt like 400 patients, and no managment in sight. Tomorrow I have to see if people who've been waiting over a year can make an appointment with one day's notice :nono:
Vote: Matthieu

Claws

Mastermind
I said i wouldnt d1 him in general chat before game my goal was listo but realisticly thats not not gunna happen in listos game so meh id be more interested in smashing vk

Claws

Mastermind
Unvote:
Vote: vk

Hes been on such a highhorse from his previous games he needs to come down a peg

llettuce

nimbdrs
Pronouns
she/her
My day wasn't bad but I kept having to make other people cut things for me because left handed pinking shears are not readily available :(

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
This seems like town Claws at first glance but also have to take into consequence this is a Mazer game so be wary of voting for the guest of honour. Remember the CWE tribute Rajah game, there was pushback for voting for him.

I wouldn’t object to vetting him though.
I think it's way too soon to call Claws town. He plays this brazen as either alignment, especially this early on

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Not really a fan of the pile-on to MTR considering recent games. I get wanting to push a lynch into danger territory, but feels like at least 1 scum would be hiding there.

Kinda reading rock's comment about getting a lynch as towny

Nightingale

Administrator
I don't like MTR as a target either honestly, but I also know that historically what happens D1 is:
4-6ish votes - ?
1 -??
1- ???
1- ????
1- ?????
Etc.

And I'ma vote for whoever is in the lead to try to put more pressure somewhere it might actually make a difference.

Top Bottom