Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 1 - Throne of Suspicion

Listo95

The OP specifies that someone isn't told they are bleeding until the end of the phase, so there's no way to know when Claws decided to stick his claws into me- I just got told as night began.
It does? Well that's kinda terrible since with that you literally lose a night with a chance of healing.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Gonna be busy for most of today so I won't be able to howl up the thread for a while. Trying to parse whether Mazer recruited successfully on N1, because it's not impossible we're looking at a dead cult at this point. But if so, that means we're definitely dealing with at least one of the neutral killers.

Honestly, I doubt Mazer would opt to kill instead of recruit on N1, so I think the two deaths on N1 have to be explained by something else anyway. But trying to put the role puzzle is dizzying.

Nightingale

Administrator
Gonna be busy for most of today so I won't be able to howl up the thread for a while. Trying to parse whether Mazer recruited successfully on N1, because it's not impossible we're looking at a dead cult at this point. But if so, that means we're definitely dealing with at least one of the neutral killers.

Honestly, I doubt Mazer would opt to kill instead of recruit on N1, so I think the two deaths on N1 have to be explained by something else anyway. But trying to put the role puzzle is dizzying.
If he tried to recruit N1 it had to have been successful- this game has a mechanic that the first recruit attempt had bad luck protection - if the cult had tried to recruit someone they couldn't for whatever reason, they would have gotten a random person they could recruit. And I originally thought he would have chosen to recruit too, especially since Lora seems like a strange kill target for him, but I don't think it's impossible he would have thought to wait a night and let people behave normally/ gauge who might be a good pick - after all, what are the odds he and Claws would both bite it back to back?

Nightingale

Administrator
Course it's also possible we just had multiple on point protections last night - but honestly the cult being gone seems more likely than the stars aligning on protects

Listo95

If he tried to recruit N1 it had to have been successful- this game has a mechanic that the first recruit attempt had bad luck protection - if the cult had tried to recruit someone they couldn't for whatever reason, they would have gotten a random person they could recruit. And I originally thought he would have chosen to recruit too, especially since Lora seems like a strange kill target for him, but I don't think it's impossible he would have thought to wait a night and let people behave normally/ gauge who might be a good pick - after all, what are the odds he and Claws would both bite it back to back?
From modding this type of game before? Very likely! :D

Nightingale

Administrator
eh. I guess it's not impossible some combination of those things happened. Might be wishful thinking the cult is already taken care of

Nightingale

Administrator
It also occurs to me... we didn't see any restrictions yesterday, not sure how relevant it may be, but Claws may have begun as an apostle and was the one that hit MTR perhaps

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
I might have misunderstood, but I didn't think the bad luck protection, meant it was a guaranteed recruit. Just that the odds were higher.

Nightingale

Administrator
I might have misunderstood, but I didn't think the bad luck protection, meant it was a guaranteed recruit. Just that the odds were higher.
That's not how the OP reads. It says that if the first conversion attempted fails, a random eligible person will be recruited, including the original target if it's possible.

Nightingale

Administrator
As far as Kareemah, it's not impossible. I could see claws arguing to recruit the new person because she wouldn't be likely to be an early chop target, if they did go for a recruit N1. But talking about the bad luck thing also brings to mind that could have happened too - they might have ended up trying to recruit someone who couldn't be recruited and got someone randomly - there's too little info to know one way or the other though.

Kareemah

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
she/her
Most ppl wont kill new ppl early... You claiming to have checked her doesnt even put her in a bad light or really a target.

The choice to go after the new blood because you didnt want to be seen/watched.... Just feels way off base for you.
That may be off base for him, idk him but if you’re starting to think I’m cult, I’m genuinely not. Whoever is actually the paladin can check me and if I’m lying execute me but I’m not. He went after me bc he was probably just guessing and figured if he guessed anyone else that they could call his bluff, which someone did bc i didn’t even know what a paladin was lol. Even if he wanted to recruit me or something I think I have protections against that but I’m not entirely sure

Kareemah

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
she/her
I don't have any issues with Morri myself.
To me personally, I think he’s awfully quiet. He still hasn’t commented on another cult member being found, I’m honestly a tad suspicious of him but not pointing fingers. If he is a bad king I may or may not have something for that I think

Nightingale

Administrator
To me personally, I think he’s awfully quiet. He still hasn’t commented on another cult member being found, I’m honestly a tad suspicious of him but not pointing fingers. If he is a bad king I may or may not have something for that I think
I mean. It's been like four hours since day began. Kinda early to be worried he hasn't said anything about Claws. But besides that, the comments and things he's pointed out have felt in line with my own thoughts and sentiments, so *shrug*

Kareemah

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
she/her
I mean. It's been like four hours since day began. Kinda early to be worried he hasn't said anything about Claws. But besides that, the comments and things he's pointed out have felt in line with my own thoughts and sentiments, so *shrug*
Yeah you’re right but I’ve been kinda suspicious of him and he ignored when I first asked him on page 3 I think so that doesn’t really make me have faith in him but it’s possible he hadn’t seen it so that’s why I’m awaiting his response to the cult finding

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
I am not sure what to make of no death last night. At least we didn't lose anyone unless they were recruited but honestly still wrapping my head around some of the mechanics. I do like that we have managed to take out non BD so far.

morrison

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
for what it's worth, i would have voted to execute claws last night. missed the hammer by 28 minutes.

getting the cult leaders back to back is fantastic.

i think mazer would be a recruit over a kill kinda guy for n1. recruiting n1 gives the pick of the litter, and if it went to RNG, the pool is wide open and you avoid the possibility of a strong player(and possible recruit) being taken out that same night. the odds just feel better, and i eagerly await seeing mazer's han solo gif response to this after the game ends.

Kareemah

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
she/her
for what it's worth, i would have voted to execute claws last night. missed the hammer by 28 minutes.

getting the cult leaders back to back is fantastic.

i think mazer would be a recruit over a kill kinda guy for n1. recruiting n1 gives the pick of the litter, and if it went to RNG, the pool is wide open and you avoid the possibility of a strong player(and possible recruit) being taken out that same night. the odds just feel better, and i eagerly await seeing mazer's han solo gif response to this after the game ends.
“Missed” jk jk 😂

Kareemah

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
she/her
So we really have nobody to go off of this phase
I don’t have have anyone in mind really but I am suspicious of mcr and future for voting to pardon class when he literally admitted to being cult when he was pitted but they may have voted to pardon before he admitted, I don’t remember

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
He didn't admit to be cult. He said he was a paladin which is not cult. Unless I missed something after that. Yeah it sucks that I didn't get it right with him but not the first time claws has snowed me. 😳

Listo95

I don’t have have anyone in mind really but I am suspicious of mcr and future for voting to pardon class when he literally admitted to being cult when he was pitted but they may have voted to pardon before he admitted, I don’t remember
I don't think he ever really admitted it? Also I HIGHLY doubt cult would pardon him at that point. If the cultist did do anything they either voted execute or no voting at all.

Kareemah

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
she/her
@Claws Why did you target kareemah? If you give a satisfactory answer, I  might not execute you
Everything claws says after this message is him explaining his process, he didn’t explicitly say that he’s cult but from what I see, he basically said he acted like he was the paladin correct me if I’m wrong please, but after that mtr and future voted to pardon him, but then claws was executed as being cult so

Listo95

Everything claws says after this message is him explaining his process, he didn’t explicitly say that he’s cult but from what I see, he basically said he acted like he was the paladin correct me if I’m wrong please, but after that mtr and future voted to pardon him, but then claws was executed as being cult so
And like I said cult wouldn't vote pardon unless they thought it could go that way. In no universe at that point was it likely he would be pardoned. Cult would be a non-voter or someone on his execute list.

Kareemah

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
she/her
He seemed genuine, Claws tends to get frustrated and say something stupid when cornered
Okay, I’m confused. Can you be paladin and a member of cult at the same time? Bc if the message said claws playing as cult leader was executed? And I was under the impression that he was pretending to be a paladin so he doesn’t get executed but when the majority voted to execute him, he basically laid out his what his plan had been and future and mtr still voted to pardon him

Kareemah

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
she/her
And like I said cult wouldn't vote pardon unless they thought it could go that way. In no universe at that point was it likely he would be pardoned. Cult would be a non-voter or someone on his execute list.
Okay yeah that makes sense bc that would be literally outing yourself

ForgottenHold

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Okay, I’m confused. Can you be paladin and a member of cult at the same time? Bc if the message said claws playing as cult leader was executed? And I was under the impression that he was pretending to be a paladin so he doesn’t get executed but when the majority voted to execute him, he basically laid out his what his plan had been and future and mtr still voted to pardon him
No, but I thought he was Paladin because it wouldn't be the first time he claimed cop or something when people pushed him, he got mod killed in mafia kart because MTR pushed him and Claws outed himself as SK

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
True cult members would have just not voted or voted to execute to try to blend in with the blue dragon.

Paladins are blue dragon but can be converted to cult. So there is a chance he was a paladin and was recruited and moved to cult but I am not sure about that because the longest cult member becomes leader once the leader is killed so that should have been who ever started out cult with Mazer which had to be claws since he was the leader after Mazer. So claws was just saying something to try to save himself.

Badger

“70% Furry, 30% Filthy, 100% Fun”
Pronouns
he/him
Vote: Divasmurf

Said she would check in after being questioned and voting for Claws. That was days ago.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Sounded mocking but for now it is merely noted. At least Kareemah is talking.

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
Well, by 'lurker' I'm more referring to anyone basically showing up to insist that they'll post again later but then not be around.

I get it, things get busy and all that but it isn't uncommon for people reluctant to weigh in or to 'be busy' to later turn out to be a threat.

Not to be mistaken for players who are just quiet but if engaged with will bring something to the table even if it requires a bit of back and forth first.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
On this note, I think it's more likely we find a prime misyeet in people that would have voted to put someone else on trial. Because yeah, by the time Claws was on trial, he was pretty much already cooked.

And now understanding the mechanics more, I can't help but feel that the two kills on N1 came from somewhere other than the cult, because I really dont think Mazer would have opted to kill instead of recruit. I don't know what that means mechanically exactly.

CWE

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
And now understanding the mechanics more, I can't help but feel that the two kills on N1 came from somewhere other than the cult, because I really dont think Mazer would have opted to kill instead of recruit. I don't know what that means mechanically exactly.
I believe Mazer would kill 2 on night 1. But since you and me both still live...that can convince me that Mazer went recruiting instead of killing.

Because does not kill at least 1 of us if he has a double kill night 1?

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
i still think mtr is a good target in the case that sum1 made him talk backwards theres no saying hes not bad.

Another is morri still no response on how he would vote and hes king that bothers me.

psycho being gimmicky is usually town but nothing saying he cant do it as a wolf aswell specially the same gimmick back to back.. (BORING)

and then basically any1 that is quiet in the background that usually would be a lil chatty during day is sus af
And I think this is a good look for MTR

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Vote Count:

2 - DivaSmurf (Badger #652, Matthieu #665)
1 - Jarrod (CWE #643)
1 - CWE (Kareemah #646)
1 - Val (Listo #648)

With 16 players alive, majority for nomination is 9 votes on a single player.

Nightingale

Administrator
Okay, coffee acquired. First of all, we're not yeeting Badger or Val under any circumstances. I also feel like future and mtr are not good targets. Maybe diva too - none of these are people I will consider today without good cause.

Nightingale

Administrator
I'm going to follow suit in putting some pressure on jarrod
Vote: Jarrod

It strikes me as odd that claws would wait until right as the trial began to make his claim, instead of trying to shake off the people voting for him before - when it could have still ended up on someone else for chop. Makes me wonder if he didn't want those votes to end up on jarrod instead

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Fine with Jarrod also.

Unvote: Diva
Vote: Jarrod

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Actually yeah that does make him look a bit better. And Claws was pushing Diva as weak.

Unvote: Jarrod for now.

Nightingale

Administrator
So if claws were trying to protect one of the trains by waiting to claim, it would have had to be Xan - and I don't see it. Xan was one of the first people to call bullshit on Claws' claim - plus there's no need for claws to try and keep Xan from needing to defend himself, Xan is plenty capable of arguing his own defense.

Listo95

If you're not a fool - give me something. You've had a lot of input about the mechanics of how this game works, but not much else.
you - town
badger - town
jarrod - trust (since I believe I know what you were saying)
Xan - I'd say trust
Karee - unsure, but am glad they are posting
Psycho - feels decent to me
Diva - who?
LDG - who knows
Future - not cult, maybe NK
Val - not cult, maybe NK
CWE - I'd say trust
MTR - neutral
BN - Prolly trust
Matthieu - unsure
Morrison - GK I believe

CWE

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Unvote: Jarrod

I think that's where my vote is still...

Vote: Psycho

When in doubt, Spider-Man point.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
I’m not certain Psycho is the one to be looked at currently. Also realised his open wolfing was a carryover from last dead chat when he said to Void he’d be doing it.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Foxxi's coming to a lot of the same conclusions I was as I was looking back over the last phase. Claws honestly spews a lot of people as non-cult. I do think the votes/push on Jarrod is the weakest out of the bunch, but overall the timing makes me think they aren't aligned.

Not Cult: Xan, Jarrod, MTR, Badger, Foxxi, Blind, Grae, Diva, Val

Some of those(Foxxi and Badger primarily, Probably Blind, Xan, Grae) I think are town regardless.

That leaves: morri, LDG, Kareemah, CWE, Future, Listo

I think morri is probably clean, but I think mechanically he could have been Mazer's partner and Claws was the recruit, so it's worth considering.

CWE just today voting me has me second guessing, but I also don't exactly think he's playing like he was recruited N1. I have suspicions about him being neutral though.

Future had a couple posts and vote timings that made me hmmmm, and the only thing holding me back is the pardon would probably be too blatant.

Listo seems more likely to be a neutral trying to be helpful to stay alive without drawing too much nightkill attention by suspecting people.

Kareemah is interesting because I think Claws saying that was his paladin target may be too on the nose? But then kareemah's vote on Xan was interesting timing, especially since it came as some pressure was building on Claws. I'm really torn there.

LDG is a complete neutral and as many have said would be a smart conversion pick.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Future, Kareemah, or LDG. I think those are the votes we look at if we're trying to find a cult member

Vote: LemonDemonGirl

Misyeet ahoy!

wolf GIF

Top Bottom