Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 14: Quest for Mafia - So you want to be a Hero?

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I have been the focus of the conversation for the entirety of this day

I talked about everyone and interacted with everyone, trying to convince people of my innocence

Yet nobody seems to have an actual opinion of me

I'm not even a divisive slot here. It's been just a bunch of

"Wassup dude. So are we gonna yeet Insaner or not?"

"I don't know dude. What do you think?"

"Idk"

Is this really how it ends for me? Really?

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Unvote:

Im around until EOD now.

I feel like I just read 2 pages in which all I learnt is about what people did on their saturdays :D

Do people think MTR/Future are W/V then?

CWE

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I'm not voting you today. My #2 doesn't look good and I'm considering moving a town read over.

Kinda why I don't give full reads...they fluctuate. A lot sometimes.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him

I talked about everyone and interacted with everyone, trying to convince people of my innocence

"Idk"

And that is how the world ends, not with a bang, but a whimper

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Unvote:

Im around until EOD now.

I feel like I just read 2 pages in which all I learnt is about what people did on their saturdays :D

Do people think MTR/Future are W/V then?
I think it's possible that the entire house of MTR may be town.

My order is Tildey>Future>MTR from towniest to scummiest though.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I gotta head to bed soonish

Knowing me I might actually stay up until 2AM or something lol. Might not be the busiest day at work tomorrow

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
I do think people need to start slapping down some firm reads/votes.

V
CWE
Badger
Claws
Tildey

Is my starting point. Im kinda willing to give Insaner a pass today because I dont think his interaction with me makes sense if he is a wolf, it would hard spew me town, as well as confirming CWE and probably spew BN too. I dont think a wolf with a mech check on them goes for that play.

Badger

“70% Furry, 30% Filthy, 100% Fun”
Pronouns
he/him
Stop. Not close.
Okay then I guess we’re stuck if none of that is close.

Although if you’re better on yeeting MTR than Insaner today, then whatever you want to do.

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her

"Idk"

Despite CWE's possible dees, I'm still townreading you. Which just feels weird, but here we are. What little experience I have with you, I recall you being fairly fatalist when you rand scum. In all of the back and forth between you and Xan (and anyone else), I haven't really seen any evidence of that (minus these past couple of posts but I understand the frustration of feeling like nothing you say is being heard). If I'm wrong, I'm wrong and congrats to you for fully getting by me.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I do think people need to start slapping down some firm reads/votes.

V
CWE
Badger
Claws
Tildey

Is my starting point. Im kinda willing to give Insaner a pass today because I dont think his interaction with me makes sense if he is a wolf, it would hard spew me town, as well as confirming CWE and probably spew BN too. I dont think a wolf with a mech check on them goes for that play.
Of course not if I was really a peeked wolf I would b outta here a looking time ago

I agree with all the people you have in the townfore

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Of course not if I was really a peeked wolf I would b outta here a looking time ago

I agree with all the people you have in the townfore
Please tell me what peeked wolf means? You've said it multiple times and Xan seems to understand what it means but I don't. I'm guessing its common phrasing on other mafia sites, but I am not familiar with the term?

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Despite CWE's possible dees, I'm still townreading you. Which just feels weird, but here we are. What little experience I have with you, I recall you being fairly fatalist when you rand scum. In all of the back and forth between you and Xan (and anyone else), I haven't really seen any evidence of that (minus these past couple of posts but I understand the frustration of feeling like nothing you say is being heard). If I'm wrong, I'm wrong and congrats to you for fully getting by me.
D2 sleep could be risky considering we’re down a couple though.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Re-reading BN the only read I found was that Claws felt villagery, so I guess I did just over-value his game impact on my first read through

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Please tell me what peeked wolf means? You've said it multiple times and Xan seems to understand what it means but I don't. I'm guessing its common phrasing on other mafia sites, but I am not familiar with the term?
Peeked - is usually a substitute for a cop check. Verified by another person as said alignments so to speak.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
A peeked wolf is a bad guy that has been outed via mechanical means, say a track or cop check

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
1 post...and you move so far.

It's a skill, I'm telling you...
Well then what do you want to do? That’s all I was asking.

If you’re whole concern is that I’m sheeping/sucking up to you too much then consider dropping that concern.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
If people are struggling with the reads, we can always resolve the CW, that in itself could be hugely telling

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
You really think I’d potentially use the “t”word twice then look bad if I flip? I’ll just leave it at that and you can draw your own conclusions.

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
honestly idk if i can solve the word puzzle in 6 hrs my "team of proffessionals" is at grandmas

You also weren't given the full puzzle.

It was his worst post to me. Seemed like an admission. Every other thing I've seen is good today. However, Insaner was [REDACTED].

Redacted hint...7 2 2 3 4 3 4 3 5. Unless the mod is evil. (Usual disclaimer.)

Good luck with that hint...that's just fucking wrong...

The way I read this is that we would be solving:

Insaner was _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _.

I believe him when he says nobody is likely to get it so I probably won't spend too much time on it with what is left of this phase.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
In my very first year of playing forum mafia I once got peeked on N1 as a wolf. I then spent the entire day trying to convince people that I was a miller. I was very passionate and flooded the thread with posts. But come the deadline, everyone was like "we want to believe you, but we aren't willing to disregard those odds." They yeeted me and I flipped mafia. I felt so good about myself afterwards for not giving up and giving it my all despite the odds.

I learned my lesson though and never bothered to fight against a red check ever since

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
You also weren't given the full puzzle.

The way I read this is that we would be solving:

Insaner was _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _.

I believe him when he says nobody is likely to get it so I probably won't spend too much time on it with what is left of this phase.

I had spaces built in there to indicate words. Then after all that work it puts everything together and doesn't show the spaces between the words? :grumpy:

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Any vote I put down is real. I've voted a confirmed town Badger for a (bad) pun. And I meant it. :squint:
He’s not kidding. Many shirts have been stained by his tomato cannon when I tell bad puns lol.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
If people are struggling with the reads, we can always resolve the CW, that in itself could be hugely telling
I reiterate that Future's wagon formed with 2 meme votes from MTR and 3pups so it wasn't hugely threatening for him.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Look at me shutting down all these possible counterwagons to myself lol

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
I reiterate that Future's wagon formed with 2 meme votes from MTR and 3pups so it wasn't hugely threatening for him.
It seems to me though that most peoples POE is on the Morrison wagon, so why would they prefer Morrison over Future if all they need is a maj for a town to die?

ForgottenHold

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I’m back, was at a parade (this is not a sign of me freezing up like I typically do as scum)

I’ll catch up on the thread. Although I am curious about the insaner push

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Yeah tracked is not the word after all.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
It seems to me though that most peoples POE is on the Morrison wagon, so why would they prefer Morrison over Future if all they need is a maj for a town to die?
Because there was a case for yeeting Morrison - he was a non-contributor.

There was not a case for yeeting Future. Unless you want to count Badger's accusation that Future is scum because he entered with a vote on MTR just like he did in a previous game where he was scum. I kid you not that was essentially the entire case against Future.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Because there was a case for yeeting Morrison - he was a non-contributor.

There was not a case for yeeting Future. Unless you want to count Badger's accusation that Future is scum because he entered with a vote on MTR just like he did in a previous game where he was scum. I kid you not that was essentially the entire case against Future.
Well that’s exactly what happened really. I had that sense they were in on it together. It wasn’t all pulling a Homer/winning by accident.

ForgottenHold

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Well that’s exactly what happened really. I had that sense they were in on it together. It wasn’t all pulling a Homer/winning by accident.
Do you know how many times I vote MTR when I’m scum or not scum? Sure you can use the wrong formula and get the right answer, but you can’t use it all the time

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
------ Count 10 ------
**1 - Listo:** Xan(953)
**1 - Insaner:** Badger(442)
**1 - Xan:** Val(558)
**1 - Val:** future(410)
**1 - MTR:** Listo(894)
**1 - Future:** CWE(949)
**1 - BN:** Insaner(954)
Current as of post: 954

Thus wagon formation always lynches a no lynch

ForgottenHold

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Who dont you trust?
Badger and Claws. I’m not saying this because they think I’m scum (it’s totally why) but I don’t like Claws tunnel vision on me specifically and his jumps to conclusions on why I’m scum. Reads like a flat earth conspiracy theorist

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Badger and Claws. I’m not saying this because they think I’m scum (it’s totally why) but I don’t like Claws tunnel vision on me specifically and his jumps to conclusions on why I’m scum. Reads like a flat earth conspiracy theorist
I mean I think he is town for posting reasons but as Insaner pointed out he is also town for mechanical reasons it seems. He can just be town that is wrong on you

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Do you know how many times I vote MTR when I’m scum or not scum? Sure you can use the wrong formula and get the right answer, but you can’t use it all the time
Well I haven’t voted you….yet anyway. You were an early scum read D1.

Tbh I wasn’t paying much heed in that you and MTR had bantered previous games. That game and yours/MTR’s initial reactions to my four vote drop confirmed by suspicions anyway.

Dreyski

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
I know... Ive cut back to only drinking every other weekend. Back in my military days, I was drinking at least 4 nights a week and heavily on Fri/Sat. Needed to give my liver a break
Sounds very much like my time in Ukraine. Certainly couldn't do that nowadays.
Yeah I saw the score. Blackburn needs some wins in a bad way.
I'd settle for a new owner/owners

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Unvote: ForgottenHold
Vote: Mazer

When in doubt, I Spiderman
:squint:
Ehhh I know you’re Spidermanning and all but don’t so far see anything pingy about him yet.

The one thing I am curious about though is why he suddenly dropped the football commentator gimmick after D1 though.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Like Claws and Saner are never w/w, but then Claws doesnt seem to care about Saners strong TR on him.

Tildey could just be spewed town by the fact multiple factions are TRing her.
It was this post Tildey. I voucher for you and iirc Claws did to.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
When did that happen? I know there were a lot of posts and I may have missed some, but if I recall correctly my name keeps coming up for you as someone you aren't sure about. When did I move to your town core list?
I think you're only a wolf if Insaner is a wolf, and I dont think INsaner is a wolf right now

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
:spit:This may be the towniest post I've ever seen from you. Sassy Future is Sassy. I've never seen this swagger from scum Future.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Vote: MTR

I might move but will move my flag here for now.

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her

So who would you not vote today? (I'm genuinely curious and I gotta get that gold)

Listo95

------ Count 19 ------
**4 - Future:** MTR(53), pups(68), Badger(190), Val(268)
**4 - Morri:** BN(346), listo(347), Insaner(349), Tildey(351)
**1 - Sleep:** future(259),
**1 - Listo:** Drey(316)
**1 - Tildey:** Claws(85)
**1 - Xanjori:** CWE(205)
Current as of post: 354

This is the vote count from D1 when Morrison/future were made even. If future is scum or believed to be scum I will gladly accept the scum reads of me.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
:spit:This may be the towniest post I've ever seen from you. Sassy Future is Sassy. I've never seen this swagger from scum Future.
You see this is why I’m the perfect surrogate big brother for Future. My punishing him has toughened him up and now he’s all tough and stuff.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
------ Count 19 ------
**4 - Future:** MTR(53), pups(68), Badger(190), Val(268)
**4 - Morri:** BN(346), listo(347), Insaner(349), Tildey(351)
**1 - Sleep:** future(259),
**1 - Listo:** Drey(316)
**1 - Tildey:** Claws(85)
**1 - Xanjori:** CWE(205)
Current as of post: 354

This is the vote count from D1 when Morrison/future were made even. If future is scum or believed to be scum I will gladly accept the scum reads of me.
Well I did make that point but Saner disagrees.

Did you see my towncore? Do you agree/disagree with any of it? Like I just need some reads and action here

Listo95

Well I did make that point but Saner disagrees.

Did you see my towncore? Do you agree/disagree with any of it? Like I just need some reads and action here
I’m okay with Badger and CWE, Tildey and claws I’m still unsure of.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
I’m okay with Badger and CWE, Tildey and claws I’m still unsure of.
So fmpov atm

I dont vote me, Saner, Claws, CWE, Tildey Badger

This leaves Drey, you, BN, Mazer, Future, MTR, Val. Of those, I think Future and MTR Id need most convincing on (im re-reading them atm) and I cant remember who but someone wanted to defend Dreyski too. Like Im being left with a real small pool of people Id vote in.

You, BN, Mazer, Val.

Are you interested in voting any of those and why?

Listo95

Of those 3 Val would be the one I’d be willing to the most. I ain’t voting me. BN/Mazer I don’t have full reads in either direction yet.

Listo95

A point in BNs favor all depends on Future’s flip. If future is scum I can see BN pushing Morrison to save him. If he’s town a scum BN would find no need to give another alternative target.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
I don’t think a scum mazer makes a gigantic post and votes Sleep just to stay off the Morri train. I believe he was town trying to prevent it.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
With the amount of TRs going out you'd think there are no scum in this game

Dreyski

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
Well, it's a fair point. Morrison couldn't get yeeted quick enough but for some reason Val's been coasting through and posting very little of substance.

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
So fmpov atm

I dont vote me, Saner, Claws, CWE, Tildey Badger

This leaves Drey, you, BN, Mazer, Future, MTR, Val. Of those, I think Future and MTR Id need most convincing on (im re-reading them atm) and I cant remember who but someone wanted to defend Dreyski too. Like Im being left with a real small pool of people Id vote in.

You, BN, Mazer, Val.

Are you interested in voting any of those and why?

You didn't ask me, but out of your list, I would most likely be willing to vote Val. I know the prevailing theory is to let the mod deal with inactivity but he has fewer posts than the mod. And he's good at showing up just enough to avoid a modkill.

Top Bottom