Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 14: Quest for Mafia - So you want to be a Hero?

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
It's a bargaigning tactic. People were saying at the start of today that I should probably die. I say I'm an obvious villager. So let's meet in the middle and agree to at least let me survive another day, eh? We are all reasonable people here afterall.
You are the only one that thinks you are obvi town. Others feel different.

My issue with you stems from egging Future on to hammer D1. Then the "Anyone but me" approach you had to D2. With the consisted "we gotta go" egging on. Nobody has said anything to clear you, so imo you are sus til someone clears you.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
I also find it amusing that Insaner basically used the same defense I had. "Would I vote/push here knowing id look bad"

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
You are the only one that thinks you are obvi town. Others feel different.

My issue with you stems from egging Future on to hammer D1. Then the "Anyone but me" approach you had to D2. With the consisted "we gotta go" egging on. Nobody has said anything to clear you, so imo you are sus til someone clears you.
I have a consistent record of being opposed to voting sleep on D1. You are taking issue with something I've done as town multiple times before.

It wasn't exactly "anyone but me" yesterday. I was opposed to Future wagon for example.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
I have a consistent record of being opposed to voting sleep on D1. You are taking issue with something I've done as town multiple times before.

It wasn't exactly "anyone but me" yesterday. I was opposed to Future wagon for example.
So anyone but future. You voting around felt very much like throwing shit at the wall to see what stuck.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
So anyone but future. You voting around felt very much like throwing shit at the wall to see what stuck.
You are not incorrect. But that's majority rule for you. You have to compromise if you want to get anyone yeeted. And town has to get people yeeted in order to win.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Im trying to decide if a janitor kill on CWE looks better or worse for Saner.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
After everything that's been said, my guess is he saw something in the write-up and convinced himself it could have been a hint.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
Hes lack or particpation leans scum

Likely mtr wont post alot he will get caught by tildey or badger or mazer

Its surpising tildey hasnt taken a bullet they may be conspiring together :chin:
He did say yesterday that he went to a wrestling show saturday and had another to goto sunday evening.

The fact he hasnt done/said anything today could be something. But not knowing his life, cant really tell one way or another

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Claws
Xanjori
Badger
Tildey
Mazer
Dreyski
Future
MTR
Listo
BN

Slightly revised read list - swapped Mazer and Badger due to the former's shield on the latter and Future/Dreyski after reading their isos.

Claws

Mastermind
He did say yesterday that he went to a wrestling show saturday and had another to goto sunday evening.

The fact he hasnt done/said anything today could be something. But not knowing his life, cant really tell one way or another
Im not so sure i care for that explantion every1 hs phnes every1 can check in

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
It's a bargaigning tactic. People were saying at the start of today that I should probably die. I say I'm an obvious villager. So let's meet in the middle and agree to at least let me survive another day, eh? We are all reasonable people here afterall.

Well, this is just solid for entertainment points alone.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Im trying to decide if a janitor kill on CWE looks better or worse for Saner.
CWE had put a decent amount out, so it's not that this was some secret. CWE had him has a possibility, but not a certainty. Say what you will about CWE, but he doesn't play with fear. I'm not sure it changes the equation dramatically.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Maybe giving you guys a theme song will entice cooperation?

I've already named the Asylum in your honor. What more can you expect of me?

Badger

“70% Furry, 30% Filthy, 100% Fun”
Pronouns
he/him
Not an unfair point. I've known Badger a long time, and I strongly believe he is town. Frankly, I don't even like why I know, because I didn't like the day 1 interaction. Badger also knows if he pulls that ATE as a scum, like he did a much lesser version of 1 time, and for the next several games afterwards he will know no peace.

Am I lying Badger?
You are not wrong sir. 👍

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Okay. Sorry I was not around last night. Let me start working my way through things and responding to stuff and giving some thoughts along the way

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Insaner actually seems more towny in this phase. What’s getting me is how (or even if) CWE was evidently wrong according to Insaner in misinterpreting his dees. To be fair CWE did go back a bit but it would be good to get to the bottom of that before I feel better about Insaner.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Hmm I’m not sure what to make of CWE not flipping. What does everyone else think?
Hate not getting a flip especially when there is not a ton of info going around. Guessing this was some sort of cannibal kill which I think others have already said as I did a quick scroll.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
I'm just continuing what I said yesterday from his D1 vote spot.
Not a fan of this vote and then people jumping on it rather quickly.

I had said I didn't plan on sticking with my Future vote and was all for making sure we got a yeet off.

My placement on the train was because I went a chunk of time off line and when I got back the votes had swung they way they had. Had I been online earlier I would have been on the train in an earlier place.

Barking up the wrong tree.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
I’m also genuinely undecided if it’s a possibility all the House are town. Still getting a bit of paranoia there’s one but will wait and see how things go.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
I have a brilliant idea.

Why don't we ask Tildey and Future for their updated reads on MTR?
Or how about anyone else? Everyone always wants to see what the other house members think of each other.

Tildey and I are getting to the point it is hard to read each other and have both said so.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Here's the morrison vote train

8 - Morri: BN(346), listo(347), Insaner(349), Tildey(351), Badger(355), Claws(357), MTR(368), future(377)
2 - Future: pups(68), Val(268)
1 - Sleep: Mazer(375)
1 - Listo: Drey(316)
1 - Xanjori: CWE(205)

Not Voting: Morrison, Xanjori(240)

7 - Val: future(410), Insaner(991), Xan(1003), Badger(1008), BN(1079), Tildey(1121), Mazer(1122)
1 - MTR: Listo(894)
1 - Xan: Val(558)
1 - Mazer: CWE(958)
1 - Insaner: Claws(1097)

Not currently Voting: Dreyski, MTR

I thought it would be interesting to see who had 2 bad votes. It seems at least a possibility that there is at least one scum in there.

Future is in a very unique position of starting the Val train (as he ever started a train that wasn't mtr?), and a late hammer on the morri train.

Insaner is in an early position on both trains.

Badger is hanging out in the middle. It could be seen as around the tipping point to get Val over, I guess. Again, meta read town.

Blind Ninja is early morri (which in fairness is pretty much his day 1 default), and in a momentum building moment on Val.

Tildey came in near the middle of Morri. I read as her as having good questions. She's smart though. I don't know how much the Val lynch was in doubt by the time she voted, with two no-voters and me still having not voted at that point.

I'm a little worried that I want to town read future, because I felt bad for him being trapped in the Shark cage last game. But it's folly to ignore the tangible events. @MTR and @Tildey, what are your current future reads?
I mean I guess I can see why the his voting looks bad but I think his late hammer on Morrison was just him trying to make sure we get the yeet off because of how late it was in the day much like me in the last game on day one. I am currently reading him as town despite my vote on him D1. That was just our normal banter

Claws

Mastermind
Or how about anyone else? Everyone always wants to see what the other house members think of each other.

Tildey and I are getting to the point it is hard to read each other and have both said so.
I assume your house holds eventually gunna turn into a game of clue when you get fed up outting each other

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him

Hes lack or particpation leans scum

Likely mtr wont post alot he will get caught by tildey or badger or mazer

You just like to kill me every game even when we are scum together. You are biased. :lol:

Any lack of participation over the weekend was just life. I went to wrestling shows both nights and then tried to squeeze in my normal weekly weekend chores in around that.

When I get straight out caught I start to shit post.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Okay not done going through stuff but got to get shit done at work. Back with more and reads later.

Claws

Mastermind
You just like to kill me every game even when we are scum together. You are biased. :lol:

Any lack of participation over the weekend was just life. I went to wrestling shows both nights and then tried to squeeze in my normal weekly weekend chores in around that.

When I get straight out caught I start to shit post.
I consider this a shit post

Claws

Mastermind
I just wanna point out what did mtr actually contribute in that time i see nothing. Just ill do it later

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Maybe giving you guys a theme song will entice cooperation?

I've already named the Asylum in your honor. What more can you expect of me?
Lots of stuff. I will let you know. ;)

I think I did give my reads while responding to stuff at this point. Losing track trying to catch up and respond and work.

Listo95

I’m also genuinely undecided if it’s a possibility all the House are town. Still getting a bit of paranoia there’s one but will wait and see how things go.
I'm pretty sure the entire house is not all town. Would not be shocked if 2 of them are scum.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
with only 3 of us playing I feel that increases chance of us all being town which has happened and leaning that way currently

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Its not nai your very much more into napping when your scum
I don't think so. I could be wrong but I don't think so. So let me think about this game. I can only remember only napping once so far so guess that should tell you that I am town. :)

Seriously though. Not scum and not a fan of the quick pile on that happened to start this phase just based on my vote on D1. Makes me feel like at least one of the three on me today is scum.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
I’m certainly interested in the MTR maths Claws mentioned anyway.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
I assume your house holds eventually gunna turn into a game of clue when you get fed up outting each other
At the start of every game a lot of banter calling each other scum but as the game goes that dies down as we just try to play and solve the game.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Its mathematically not possible
I would like to see this break down. There are only three of us playing and even a small game there is a good chance we could all be town. I feel like there is a less chance of us more than one of us or all three of us being scum. I will say there is a good chance one is scum and two are town. But not thinking that currently. But is not mathematically impossible for us to all be town this game.

When more of us playing that increases the chances of at least one of us being scum since there is more of us and that typically happens. There have been games when most of us are playing and hardly any of us were town. I think there was a game that lots of us were playing and only one was town.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Okay. I am still reading Xan and Insaner as town.

I am pretty sure one person on my train is scum. I have trouble reading claws as I have stated a lot because has fooled me too many times when I was convinced he was town and he was scum. Badger has seemed to have some opportunistic voting at times during these early phases. So not ready to vote one person of this train yet plus you guys would just call it OMGUS anyway. But if I get yeeted today look at these early votes.

I am still kind of neutral on others until I can read and try to put more thoughts together.

Not going to lie that the write ups are just making my head hurt and making it hard for me to try to get a feel for what is going on and I get that is the point of them to make it not easy to solve. Doesn't seem like we are getting much in the way of info either from people's results so definitely hard to snuff out the scum.

Claws

Mastermind
Good lord is this guy even reading i see he gave me work but wont do any work himself

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Okay if Claws is not up for it, I am also curious about this maths.

Maybe someone better at the subject can explain.

Claws

Mastermind
From what ive noticed 1 and the last are typically opposites so if mtr is scum likely tildey isnt its just a pattern ive been lookin at from previous games

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah it is not mathmatically impossible. I mean yeah you can look into probabilities but there is not a probability that says we can't all be town even in a game this small. Yes it is typically a mix anytime we play but I am pretty sure we have had all town games.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Its still rng but eh its just a pattern ive been lookin at
I can’t speak for Foxxi herself to see how she does it but me personally when I’m running a game, I take the sign-up list but RNG those numbers to the roles.

It’s not a bad pattern per se but I wouldn’t put too much stock in it.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
CWE had put a decent amount out, so it's not that this was some secret. CWE had him has a possibility, but not a certainty. Say what you will about CWE, but he doesn't play with fear. I'm not sure it changes the equation dramatically.
No but Im considering Insaner being framed vs Insaner trying to hide what the guilty check on him is

Dreyski

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
I RNG the numbers and the roles. It's not mathmatically impossible, but then it is just a phrase.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Which game was this?
I believe it’s He-Man/Teela he might be referring to where I was yellow scum and deliberately let him win a gladiator lynch contest after figuring out that he was the reviver so he’d revive me.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
The gladiator lynch in question was initiated by Skeketor on the red team. Claws if memory serves lol.

Dreyski

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
Just going to check some ISOs
Right, you're going to have to convince me to vote MTR because I don't see anything scummy in his posts today. I'll admit to emphathising a bit because as a dad, I too know the pull of a horizontal surface large enough to lie on.

Claws

Mastermind
Right, you're going to have to convince me to vote MTR because I don't see anything scummy in his posts today. I'll admit to emphathising a bit because as a dad, I too know the pull of a horizontal surface large enough to lie on.
What contribution hs any of his posts brought tho

Claws

Mastermind
Your guys reasonong behind not voting mtr is weak guys coasting so hard i dont have to buy gas

Dreyski

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
Here's the morrison vote train

8 - Morri: BN(346), listo(347), Insaner(349), Tildey(351), Badger(355), Claws(357), MTR(368), future(377)
2 - Future: pups(68), Val(268)
1 - Sleep: Mazer(375)
1 - Listo: Drey(316)
1 - Xanjori: CWE(205)

Not Voting: Morrison, Xanjori(240)

7 - Val: future(410), Insaner(991), Xan(1003), Badger(1008), BN(1079), Tildey(1121), Mazer(1122)
1 - MTR: Listo(894)
1 - Xan: Val(558)
1 - Mazer: CWE(958)
1 - Insaner: Claws(1097)

Not currently Voting: Dreyski, MTR

I thought it would be interesting to see who had 2 bad votes. It seems at least a possibility that there is at least one scum in there.

Future is in a very unique position of starting the Val train (as he ever started a train that wasn't mtr?), and a late hammer on the morri train.

Insaner is in an early position on both trains.

Badger is hanging out in the middle. It could be seen as around the tipping point to get Val over, I guess. Again, meta read town.

Blind Ninja is early morri (which in fairness is pretty much his day 1 default), and in a momentum building moment on Val.

Tildey came in near the middle of Morri. I read as her as having good questions. She's smart though. I don't know how much the Val lynch was in doubt by the time she voted, with two no-voters and me still having not voted at that point.

I'm a little worried that I want to town read future, because I felt bad for him being trapped in the Shark cage last game. But it's folly to ignore the tangible events. @MTR and @Tildey, what are your current future reads?
I like this post, mainly becuase most of the work has been done for me. And when reads are difficult, and dees have not been forthcoming, vote patterns usually provide some clarity.
I've talked before about the speed of the Morrison yeet, and six votes in 11 posts. I've seen something similar in the past scum jumped on a couple of errant votes and railroaded the last couple of day phases almost without competition to victory. As a non playing bystander, it was impressively synchronised. And I believe Tildey was one of the scum players that time.

Vote: Tildey

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Your guys reasonong behind not voting mtr is weak guys coasting so hard i dont have to buy gas
You're reasoning for voting me is weak. I have been responding to questions and I have given reads. I don't have any info to share and I am struggling with this write up like a lot of people are. What more do you exactly want from me? Or are you just using listo starting a train on me to kill MTR because you like to kill the house every game?

Listo95

*Listo will remember this*

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Quoted for posterity.

Claws

Mastermind
Cat Remember GIF

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
WHats posterity mean
For future generations. In this instance, for future reference should we choose to look back at it later depending on how MTR turns out.

ForgottenHold

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I’m unsure of what the right vote is today, MTR definitely seems weaker than Tildey. Xanjori is my strongest townread, followed by Insaner, although Insaner slowly falls down with each mislynch

Top Bottom