Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 4 - The Fall of FoS

Twintania

Vanilla Townie
Wonder if Lora was a ninja kill

Also, in case anyone didn't catch, that was a mass block
Okay. After a day of plundering for more gold I come back to see we started the new day phase. So going to get started and respond to things.

Going to start here. Normally a ninja kill is one where you don't know what character did the kill. We know Lora did the kill here.

And yup that was a mass roleblock which sucks. I am not a fan of being blocked. Might have to go burn a village or something now.

Twintania

Vanilla Townie
This is a big reason why I don't like Twin. Reads posted out of obligation rather than any actual concern.
Ahhh I see you did post a reason. We are really early in this game and first day was a lot of shit posting and gimmick posting. Now people are going to be more like their mafia selves and start solving and breaking down things. I am more concerned about what people were posting after day one

Twintania

Vanilla Townie
I am going to say despite the vote on me going to guess Subzero is town based on what scum did to him. I am not going to say it completely clears him because you never know with things but looking good to be cleared. Plus trying to put together reads and such since that is all we have due to the roleblock. Again I hate mass roleblocks. I think they should be banished from our mafia games. That being said the read on me is wrong but I am going to have to post more I am sure to prove that.

Rikishi

Vanilla Townie
With very little to go on, just a feeling , I don't know whether to vote sleep or not

Twintania

Vanilla Townie
I don't think sleep is the way to go despite no info from night actions to go on. I think we need to try get some reads and maybe push a couple people and see where it takes us.

XavierWoods

Lost Wolf
I am going to say despite the vote on me going to guess Subzero is town based on what scum did to him. I am not going to say it completely clears him because you never know with things but looking good to be cleared. Plus trying to put together reads and such since that is all we have due to the roleblock. Again I hate mass roleblocks. I think they should be banished from our mafia games. That being said the read on me is wrong but I am going to have to post more I am sure to prove that.
My only concern with Subzero is an early interaction from scum that didnt kill could be team play to make someone look good in town eyes. I still town lean him, but tinfoil says he could be scum with that NA on him.

Twintania

Vanilla Townie
My only concern with Subzero is an early interaction from scum that didnt kill could be team play to make someone look good in town eyes. I still town lean him, but tinfoil says he could be scum with that NA on him.
Exactly. Definitely town leaning on him but not going to completely clear him just yet.

Sora

Scorpionish
Speaking of gonna vote Mr. Hogan I like that he's committed to the bit but don't wanna get yeeted if I don't vote b4 phase ends bc time is an illusion and I don't know how it works

Vote: hulkhogan
Interesring post from Pikachu.

Sora

Scorpionish
I am not particularly impressed by Twintania's catch up tbh.

Oh God.

Pikachu

Lunchable
Interesring post from Pikachu.
Didn't wanna be no vote yeeted, which seeing as I did not get any reads yesterday and didn't see the notification that we had less time until after n1 started I do not regret

Pikachu

Lunchable
Also that whole section was literally about how it's d1 and you should just vote with ur heart, my heart said hogan

Sora

Scorpionish
Didn't wanna be no vote yeeted, which seeing as I did not get any reads yesterday and didn't see the notification that we had less time until after n1 started I do not regret
Just looks a bit fishy with how D1 ended earlier than most would expext.

Croissant

Lunchable
Yeah, like Void used to be cereal. I'm just wondering if it was fixed for Nightingale the player to be assigned Foxxi the character. I'm also wondering what exactly a mentoring clockmaker is (or even either part of that phrase)
I had to google the role. Couldn't find the mentoring part, but the clockmaker description I found states: The Clockmaker is an independently aligned role that wins if their clock every strikes 12 or if they are one of hte last players remaining in the game. The Clockmaker may each night target one person to be killed, which is how they change the time on the clock.

The mentoring part makes me wonder if they had some recruiting mechanic added to their role.

Croissant

Lunchable

Croissant

Lunchable
But princess being a delbirate shithead doesnt sit well its not very towny in my book

^^^This. I was willing to overlook it early D1 when people were just throwing votes but it irked me that they ignored all requests to give a reason for their vote. And the fact that trend is continuing to D2 is even more unhelpful.

ArtTheClown

Vanilla Townie
^^^This. I was willing to overlook it early D1 when people were just throwing votes but it irked me that they ignored all requests to give a reason for their vote. And the fact that trend is continuing to D2 is even more unhelpful.
Perhaps one intends to act such ways to achieve their goal.

Croissant

Lunchable
Oh so that was actually a modified SK. Strange, writeup says she freed herself and went to look for someone, but its not like someone died.

Assuming that VK has set the mentor mechanics up the same as in the internet description, I'm guessing that only one death means that she wasn't successful in recruiting a mentee (since in the link it said that if the mentor dies, the mentee dies too). I'm hoping this is the case because the SK going out early is great for us. However, if he's tweaked the role and the mentee becomes the mentor if the mentor dies, then we may not be out of the woods yet when it comes to number of possible deaths per night phase.

Rikishi

Vanilla Townie
Just vote whoever.

Vote: Princess Peach

Mostly a placeholder.

I don't recall an explanation as to why you voted to save Sora, immediately as the 30 min rush was on. And the above quote felt to me like you have information that you aren't sharing, and all of town appears to have been mass roleblocked.

Anyone who voted in the last 30 min of day 1 should please thoroughly explain themselves.

Rikishi

Vanilla Townie
Sounds like scum either watched or copped SubZero

One is neutral for him, the other would make him town

I'm not sure SubZero is the one scum would want to rolecop here though.

There are a lot of things this could be that are not a watch nor a cop.

I recall in earlier games that scum had a device / chip that they could give to another player that would make their alignment appear the opposite of what it was. They could make scum appear to be town, of make town appear to be scum.

It also could be a device that prevents the target from changing their vote for the next x days, or it could mean their vote could be controlled by someone else.

Too early to tell, but once either of you flips, the rest of us town should go back and revisit this.

ArtTheClown

Vanilla Townie
Might be boring, but more then some are doing
Mainly because it's the whole Subzero v Sora thing. Like, yeah, there's conflict between them, but i feel like you're perhaps unnecessarily making it your focus? Yar mean? I was curial about you because you said you were gonna make Sora your d2 "lets kill" person, which you have stayed true too i guess? But all in all what i am trying to say is, I feel like you're maybe hiding behind the very obvious conflict between SZ and Sora, and not overly exploring other options. Obviously we don't have the creme' de le creme of information rn, but something I wanna note for now.

SolidSnake

Lunchable
Well, for what it's worth the top posters are Sora at 159 posts and SubZero at 132 posts. I know activity doesn't necessarily mean anything in terms of alignment but it's something I wanted to note. Grumpycat is a distant third at 38 posts.

I assume most people are sort of finding their feet and it'd be pretty hypocritical for me to tell people to post more when I only have 9 - now 10 - posts myself but this early in the morning that's what I'm bringing to the table as a random observation.

XavierWoods

Lost Wolf
Mainly because it's the whole Subzero v Sora thing. Like, yeah, there's conflict between them, but i feel like you're perhaps unnecessarily making it your focus? Yar mean? I was curial about you because you said you were gonna make Sora your d2 "lets kill" person, which you have stayed true too i guess? But all in all what i am trying to say is, I feel like you're maybe hiding behind the very obvious conflict between SZ and Sora, and not overly exploring other options. Obviously we don't have the creme' de le creme of information rn, but something I wanna note for now.
And yet my vote isnt on Sora, is it? I did say I needed to sift through them. Also stated today it feels TvT.

Not hiding behind anything. I havent really been asked much, if anything. And Ive poked around with some comments to get some feelings on people.

XavierWoods

Lost Wolf
And my comment was D1. Against someone I felt was trying to control the narrative of the day. You're telling me you havent been wrong about an initial impression of someone on D1?

Medivh

Lunchable
Vote: Sleep
Look I know this isn't a good idea but I don't know what going ok

HulkHogan

Vanilla Townie
@HulkHogan - are you the NWO heel Hogan?
Nope, I’m the red and yellow Hulk brother. The moment I legdropped Savage at Bash of the Beach was the start of a very dark path. I’ve worked all that out in therapy brother!

I also hope you’re not the heel Rikishi that ran over Austin and did it for da Rock?

Also good points notes brothers on the activity of Sora/Sub vs everyone else. It is good for future note the further we get into the game. It still feels town vs town at this stage but worth noting anyway.

ArtTheClown

Vanilla Townie
And yet my vote isnt on Sora, is it? I did say I needed to sift through them. Also stated today it feels TvT.

Not hiding behind anything. I havent really been asked much, if anything. And Ive poked around with some comments to get some feelings on people.
Someone can still be your target without your vote on them. Y'all stated that it maybe TvT, bot not exactly new sentiments at point you stated it though.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Day 2 Vote Count:

PrincessPeach - 2 (JackSparrow #590, Rikishi #732)
Twintania - 2 (SubZero #614, GrumpyCat #631)
Sora - 2 (MasterChief #643, PrincessPeach #644)
Croissant - 1 (Sora #597)
Applejack - 1 (HulkHogan #611)
SubZero - 1 (Moana #649)
Gibbs - 1 (XavierWoods #655)
Moana - 1 (Bacon #686)
Sleep - 1 (Medivh #740)

Not Voting: Alysrazor, Applejack, Arceus, ArtTheClown, Croissant, Gibbs, Pikachu, Sephiroth, SolidSnake, Twintania, Hades #622

SubZero

Scum Hunter
What other reads do you have?

MasterChief

Lost Wolf
I had a rethink about it and I came to a conclusion about Sora, and why my gut feeling was wrong. So

Unvote:

I think the idea around seeing if anyone was moved from 1 vote to 2 during the 30 minute timer or just before is worth checking out

Rikishi

Vanilla Townie
Another thing I noticed, not sure if it was mentioned, was that it appears that Subzero got resurrected, because he hadn't flipped when first eliminated. But Foxxi Nightengale Kumquat did not get that chance - she was eliminated and flipped right away. Does this imply that there are no resurrections left? Or was there something special about her clockmaker role that meant she couldn't be rezzed?

Rikishi

Vanilla Townie
I had a rethink about it and I came to a conclusion about Sora, and why my gut feeling was wrong. So

Unvote:

I think the idea around seeing if anyone was moved from 1 vote to 2 during the 30 minute timer or just before is worth checking out

And the idea around seeing if anyone was moved from 1 vote to zero during the 30 minute window should similarly be checked out.

SubZero

Scum Hunter
Of the people who were around and generally looked towny for trying to make something happen in the last 30 min of d1, Art or Alys were the ones I thought were most likely to be either faking or manipulating the situation.

Not sure I'm ready to go down that road with Art yet, though

Rikishi

Vanilla Townie
The wolf team is SubZero, SolidSnake and ArtTheClown. GG WP everyone.

Vote: ArtTheClown

Not sure I fully understand the logic on all of them here, and I completely miss the abbreviations. I am willing to move off of PrincessPeach because I think I understand and appreciate her response - I am not clearing her yet, but I don't feel good about clown either.

MasterChief

Lost Wolf
At either rate Id rather flip Art over SubZero today. Sub is active and thats good regardless of alignment, it either gives us spew or helps us solve.

SubZero

Scum Hunter
@Hades Have anything to add yet? We've had some wagons and suspicions that have popped up since you last said you didn't know who to vote.

SubZero

Scum Hunter
Screenshot_20230605-092828.png

JackSparrow

Lost Wolf
Whatcha got other than princess doubt, Jack?
You could go either way , moana being unreasonable towards my avatar request isnt very towny gotta work together and we all at each other throats wake me when ppl wanna work together jack needs his beauty sleep

Twintania

Vanilla Townie
What other reads do you have?
Not a lot yet. I can see why people would make a case that you and Sora are being vocal scum trying to lead the discussions but I am not convinced of that and leaning town for both of you. I am not feeling that anyone is really wolfing at this point. I could be wrong. I think scum is doing more lurking and what not currently.

SubZero

Scum Hunter
You could go either way , moana being unreasonable towards my avatar request isnt very towny gotta work together and we all at each other throats wake me when ppl wanna work together jack needs his beauty sleep
Do you really think scum is gonna be uncooperative? It's NAI at worst.

I don't think people are at each other's throats like you say here.

What do you think of Hades and Twin?

SubZero

Scum Hunter
Not a lot yet. I can see why people would make a case that you and Sora are being vocal scum trying to lead the discussions but I am not convinced of that and leaning town for both of you. I am not feeling that anyone is really wolfing at this point. I could be wrong. I think scum is doing more lurking and what not currently.
Who are four people you would not vote today and why?

Twintania

Vanilla Townie
Who are four people you would not vote today and why?
Well for sure you and Sora for reasons I have already laid out. Right now everyone else is on the table and I am still trying to figure out who I want to vote for which is why I have not voted yet. Right now I think the only other train beyond me and Sora if you can call a couple votes each a train at this point is the princess and I don't want to jump on a train yet. But then again if we are going to get rid of someone we do have to have a lot more votes on them or they don't get yeeted.

JackSparrow

Lost Wolf
Do you really think scum is gonna be uncooperative? It's NAI at worst.

I don't think people are at each other's throats like you say here.

What do you think of Hades and Twin?
I do say it was like a lil test tbh what are they doing other then that not really solving but they are present

SubZero

Scum Hunter
Well for sure you and Sora for reasons I have already laid out. Right now everyone else is on the table and I am still trying to figure out who I want to vote for which is why I have not voted yet. Right now I think the only other train beyond me and Sora if you can call a couple votes each a train at this point is the princess and I don't want to jump on a train yet. But then again if we are going to get rid of someone we do have to have a lot more votes on them or they don't get yeeted.
What do you think of Art?

SubZero

Scum Hunter
I do say it was like a lil test tbh what are they doing other then that not really solving but they are present
I'm pretty sure I know who Moana is and I'll give you that while this isn't out of their townrange, they're pretty limp as is right now

Sora

Scorpionish
I'm pretty sure I know who Moana is and I'll give you that while this isn't out of their townrange, they're pretty limp as is right now
The same way you knew who Foxxi was? :p

Don't think it's prudent to rely on flimsy meta reads when you can't even be sure who the person is.

SubZero

Scum Hunter
The same way you knew who Foxxi was? :p

Don't think it's prudent to rely on flimsy meta reads when you can't even be sure who the person is.
I literally said I was wrong on Foxxi, but I was never sure of those reads

I'm 99% sure who Moana is. Same with Rikishi.

SubZero

Scum Hunter
Why not add more heat to one of the existing wagons instead of giving in to sleep so early in the phase?

SubZero

Scum Hunter
Well, since no one else wants to get their feet wet

Let's get spicy

SubZero

Scum Hunter
I'm not exactly townreading Twin's responses and catch-up, but no one else seems to care to push there, so let's consolidate

SubZero

Scum Hunter
Some people can't shake their meta. I know there are others who know what I'm talking about.

Top Bottom