Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 4 - The Fall of FoS

Alysrazor

Lunchable
Peach - I can see the reasoning behind it but idk, something feels off to me
Applejack - More or less MIA also, no real opinion
Croissant - Neutral to me
Art - Slight town lean I'd say.
Sora - Feels town to me
Gibbs - No posts, no way to know.

SubZero

Scum Hunter
Peach - I can see the reasoning behind it but idk, something feels off to me
Applejack - More or less MIA also, no real opinion
Croissant - Neutral to me
Art - Slight town lean I'd say.
Sora - Feels town to me
Gibbs - No posts, no way to know.
Is there anyone else you'd be interested in voting instead of these 6?

Sora

Scorpionish
kanye west lol GIF by Animation Domination High-Def

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Day 2 Vote Count:

Croissant - 6 (Sora #940, Sephiroth #954, SubZero #957, Rikishi #963, Pikachu #997, SolidSnake #1005)
PrincessPeach - 4 (JackSparrow #590, Twintania #822, Bacon #881, Medivh #887)
Applejack - 4 (HulkHogan #611, Arceus #898, Moana #934, GrumpyCat #966)
ArtTheClown - 2 (MasterChief #752, Hades #900)
Gibbs - 2 (XavierWoods #655, Croissant #933)
Sora - 1 (PrincessPeach #644)

Not Voting: Alysrazor, Applejack, ArtTheClown, Gibbs

It is now Day 2. Day 2 will end at 8:00pm ET on June 6th or when majority is reached. With 23 players alive, majority is 12 votes on a single player. If majority is not reached by end of day, modified majority will come into play.

Current Modified Majority: 10 votes

XavierWoods

Lost Wolf

Bacon

Vanilla Townie
Pronouns
they/them
I mean, Peach's ISO is pretty terrible and I stand by my comments from earlier.
But Croissant's is not much better, and that seems to be the way the wind is blowing.

Vote: Croissant

XavierWoods

Lost Wolf
Unvote:
Vote: PrincessPeach

I can see both votes. I just dont like how Princess is reacting to being asked to make their vote count. Almost like they want to inflate the number of votes and make it harder to get a lynch off.

Bacon

Vanilla Townie
Pronouns
they/them
^^^This. I was willing to overlook it early D1 when people were just throwing votes but it irked me that they ignored all requests to give a reason for their vote. And the fact that trend is continuing to D2 is even more unhelpful.
When your sole reason for voting for an inactive is sheeping another poster, it strikes me as a touch hypocritcial.

Sora

Scorpionish
I will say that what Princess is doing stops being too wolf to be wolf if everybody starts townreading them for it.

Croissant is still the superior train though.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Day 2 Vote Count:

Croissant - 7 (Sora #940, Sephiroth #954, SubZero #957, Rikishi #963, Pikachu #997, SolidSnake #1005, Bacon #1014)
PrincessPeach - 4 (JackSparrow #590, Twintania #822, Medivh #887, XavierWoods #1015)
Gibbs - 1 (Croissant #933)

It is now Day 2. Day 2 will end at 8:00pm ET on June 6th or when majority is reached. With 23 players alive, majority is 12 votes on a single player. If majority is not reached by end of day, modified majority will come into play.

Sora

Scorpionish
Quite notable that both Croissant and Princess have avoided voting each other.

Sora

Scorpionish
Just make sure you get enough votes to lunch one of 'em today and get the other tomorrow.

Rikishi

Vanilla Townie
Day 2 Vote Count:

Croissant - 7 (Sora #940, Sephiroth #954, SubZero #957, Rikishi #963, Pikachu #997, SolidSnake #1005, Bacon #1014)
PrincessPeach - 4 (JackSparrow #590, Twintania #822, Medivh #887, XavierWoods #1015)

Is anyone else not familiar with modified majority, or played that way before? With 23 active players, majority is 12. I am presuming that Modified Majority simply removes the non-voters, 23-4=19 voters, so modified majority is 10. What happens if we don't get to 10 on the top train?

SubZero

Scum Hunter
Is anyone else not familiar with modified majority, or played that way before? With 23 active players, majority is 12. I am presuming that Modified Majority simply removes the non-voters, 23-4=19 voters, so modified majority is 10. What happens if we don't get to 10 on the top train?
I'm assuming it's a no lynch in that case

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
4. If the day ends without a majority being reached, modified majority will come into play. If a player has a majority of the votes that have been cast, that player will be eliminated. If a player does not have a majority of votes cast, no elimination will happen.
Why do I write things?

Croissant

Lunchable
Vote me, don’t vote me. Whatever works for you because I don’t have the time or energy to wade through the 100’s of posts that are being produced.

You’re making a mistake, though. I’m not scum. When I flip town, I suggest taking a look @Sora instead of sheeting them. They’re the only person continuously trying to control the narrative while pretending they’re not. I also find it interesting that they claim to have had an early read on Kumquat as Foxxi but were calling for their death. When asked why they said because Foxxi messed with the imbalance of power (or something similar). How would they know that before the flip? They wouldn’t. And I can’t think of a reason that a town player would want to get rid of Foxxi on D1 without a solid reason for thinking she was scum. Only scum would want Foxxi gone on d1/n1.

Vote: Sora

Sora

Scorpionish
I wanted Foxxi dead so I could be the one to catch all the wolves haha

And scum killed Foxi so that they could frame me and likely figured it was her as well

Sora

Scorpionish
Why are you wasting your vote on me when your best option to self pres is Princess who you are supposedly scum reading?

Sora

Scorpionish
^^^This. I was willing to overlook it early D1 when people were just throwing votes but it irked me that they ignored all requests to give a reason for their vote. And the fact that trend is continuing to D2 is even more unhelpful.
Why did you only voice your suspicion of PrincessPeach after others began doing so on D2 instead of right away on D1?

SubZero

Scum Hunter
Vote me, don’t vote me. Whatever works for you because I don’t have the time or energy to wade through the 100’s of posts that are being produced.

You’re making a mistake, though. I’m not scum. When I flip town, I suggest taking a look @Sora instead of sheeting them. They’re the only person continuously trying to control the narrative while pretending they’re not. I also find it interesting that they claim to have had an early read on Kumquat as Foxxi but were calling for their death. When asked why they said because Foxxi messed with the imbalance of power (or something similar). How would they know that before the flip? They wouldn’t. And I can’t think of a reason that a town player would want to get rid of Foxxi on D1 without a solid reason for thinking she was scum. Only scum would want Foxxi gone on d1/n1.

Vote: Sora
If you're town, you can at least talk about Princess Peach. Don't just throw in the towel because you "haven't caught up." You said you're not convinced by the trains which implies you read the reasons. Why are you no longer convinced by PrincessPeach who you shaded before?

Croissant

Lunchable
Why are you wasting your vote on me when your best option to self pres is Princess who you are supposedly scum reading?
Cause if I’m going down regardless I’d rather it be voting for the person that I sussed first and the person that has made the most posts putting the most words into mouths.

After my one and only post where I expressed a concern about Princess they later answered the question.

Sephiroth

Lost Wolf
Unvote:

I can see both votes. I just dont like how Princess is reacting to being asked to make their vote count. Almost like they want to inflate the number of votes and make it harder to get a lynch off.
two trains still seems wise.

Sora

Scorpionish
Cause if I’m going down regardless I’d rather it be voting for the person that I sussed first and the person that has made the most posts putting the most words into mouths.

After my one and only post where I expressed a concern about Princess they later answered the question.
They never answered why they want me dead though.

Sephiroth

Lost Wolf
could it be based on how many of us didn't vote yesterday?

Sora

Scorpionish
Why do you think you're going down regardless

Plenty of interest in Princesses blood as well even among those currently voting you

Sephiroth

Lost Wolf
I wanted Foxxi dead so I could be the one to catch all the wolves haha

And scum killed Foxi so that they could frame me and likely figured it was her as well
i believe one of these sentences in jest. the other i don't.

SubZero

Scum Hunter
This is everything PrincessPeach posted after this:

Ahem.

???

I last posted 5 hours before the 30 minute countdown began.

*Looks up from instruction manual*

I have almost finished assembling the Fluffy Tickler 3,000. I would like to test it on someone tonight. Any volunteers?

Mind your place, peasant! The princess votes to lynch who she wants, when she wants. Even if it means voting alone.
How did these answer your question at all? She gave no more explanation than she did in D1

@Croissant

Croissant

Lunchable
They never answered why they want me dead though.
They ultimately said they didn’t trust you. Since I don’t trust you either, I’m willing to accept that reason. No worse than some of the convoluted logic you’ve come up with for some of your votes.

Sephiroth

Lost Wolf
Day 2 Vote Count:

there's still time, but it does make sense to get this consolidated. i feel better about eating a croissant than i did when i first voted. but i would still love to see reactions if the trains are close.

Rikishi

Vanilla Townie
*Looks up from instruction manual*

I have almost finished assembling the Fluffy Tickler 3,000. I would like to test it on someone tonight. Any volunteers?

I read this as the Princess might be an ED Neighbor, and was perhaps deciding on who to invite to her night discussion?

MasterChief

Lost Wolf
Unvote:
Vote: Croissant

I'd rather see some form of lynch happen. We need to know who we can trust and who's rotten...and for the rotten people. The night is dark and full of terrors.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Day 2 Vote Count:

Croissant - 8 (Sora #940, Sephiroth #954, SubZero #957, Rikishi #963, Pikachu #997, SolidSnake #1005, Bacon #1014, MasterChief #1052)
Sora - 2 (PrincessPeach #644, Croissant #1028)
ArtTheClown - 1 (Hades #900)

Croissant

Lunchable
This was at the beginning of the game. Why weren't you satisfied with that answer before? You responded as if Peach specifically gave that answer after they returned, but they didn't
Honestly, I found it when I did a ISO later looking to see if they ever answered. If I looked at the date wrong then I apologize. I’m playing this game mostly from my phone browser (which sucks).

That being said, I stand by my vote for Sora & the things I said regarding their efforts to control the narrative & put words in people’s mouths. They have been unnecessarily argumentative from the beginning. There’s just no need in that if you aren’t trying to confuse people. And the ones that win from keeping everyone else off balance and confused are scum.

Sora

Scorpionish
I will be in utter shock if Croissant doesn't flip scum here

They have talked themselves into a grave so hard

Rikishi

Vanilla Townie
I read this as the Princess might be an ED Neighbor, and was perhaps deciding on who to invite to her night discussion?

And because I read it this way, I think it is worth giving her the benefit of waiting to see how it plays out.

SubZero

Scum Hunter
Honestly, I found it when I did a ISO later looking to see if they ever answered. If I looked at the date wrong then I apologize. I’m playing this game mostly from my phone browser (which sucks).

That being said, I stand by my vote for Sora & the things I said regarding their efforts to control the narrative & put words in people’s mouths. They have been unnecessarily argumentative from the beginning. There’s just no need in that if you aren’t trying to confuse people. And the ones that win from keeping everyone else off balance and confused are scum.
Ok, Sora probably isn't happening today. Do you really think that explanation from Peach is enough to clear them?

What do you think about Applejack or Hades?

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Day 2 Vote Count:

Croissant - 9 (Sora #940, Sephiroth #954, SubZero #957, Rikishi #963, Pikachu #997, SolidSnake #1005, Bacon #1014, MasterChief #1052, Alysrazor #1060)
Sora - 2 (PrincessPeach #644, Croissant #1028)
ArtTheClown - 1 (Hades #900)

Not Voting: Applejack, ArtTheClown, Gibbs

Current Modified Majority: 11 votes

Croissant

Lunchable
Ok, Sora probably isn't happening today. Do you really think that explanation from Peach is enough to clear them?

No. Having the timing pointed out I don’t think it’s enough to clear Princess.

But there hasn’t been anything about Hades or Applejack’s posts that have especially bothered me either.

The person’s who’s posts have bugged me the most have been Moana because they keep talking about themselves in the third person and I hate that. But it’s not enough for me to claim their scum.

SubZero

Scum Hunter

But there hasn’t been anything about Hades or Applejack’s posts that have especially bothered me either.

The person’s who’s posts have bugged me the most have been Moana because they keep talking about themselves in the third person and I hate that. But it’s not enough for me to claim their scum.
Would you still be interested in voting Princess?

I don't think 3rd person speak should ever be a reason to vote someone, especially past D1.

Why is Bacon one of your most trusted people? Same for Xavier?

Sora

Scorpionish

@Croissant

At this point, SubZero is just trying to see what other spew he can extract from you. He is not your friend. Please remember that everything you say can and WILL be used against your teammates. You have the right to remain silent.

Croissant

Lunchable
Would you still be interested in voting Princess?

I don't think 3rd person speak should ever be a reason to vote someone, especially past D1.

Why is Bacon one of your most trusted people? Same for Xavier?
I don’t have an overwhelming reason to not vote Princess so sure.

SubZero

Scum Hunter
Either Sora is town and we have a guaranteed 1/2 minimum or they're both pure and Sora is actually the evil mastermind they've been cursing.

Sora

Scorpionish

It seems I was too late

Croissant

Lunchable
@Croissant

At this point, SubZero is just trying to see what other spew he can extract from you. He is not your friend. Please remember that everything you say can and WILL be used against your teammates. You have the right to remain silent.
I have no teammates. There’s nothing to extract. Dunno what to tell ya.

Sora

Scorpionish
Either Sora is town and we have a guaranteed 1/2 minimum or they're both pure and Sora is actually the evil mastermind they've been cursing.
Yeah they knew it from the start

It's always the best among us that have to leave us first

Croissant

Lunchable
What about Bacon and Xavier?
To call them “my most trusted” just isn’t accurate. It’s more that I have the least reason to Sus them. Their posts have felt town. It’s only D2 & all of our accounts are anonymous. I find it funny that anybody can feel so confident they have all the things figured out this early in the game.

SubZero

Scum Hunter
To call them “my most trusted” just isn’t accurate. It’s more that I have the least reason to Sus them. Their posts have felt town. It’s only D2 & all of our accounts are anonymous. I find it funny that anybody can feel so confident they have all the things figured out this early in the game.
You said you liked them best, and then trusted one of them enough to sheep them. I'm not trying to put words in your mouth, but for better or worse, they would be your most trusted if you like them best.

I don't know shit. It's fine to not know shit. I just want to find out why you have the stances and decisions you do because a couple of them were unexpected(Bacon in particular).

SubZero

Scum Hunter
I'm actually curious why if MasterChief was one of the ones you liked best why you didn't vote Sora with him instead of Gibbs?

Croissant

Lunchable
You said you liked them best, and then trusted one of them enough to sheep them. I'm not trying to put words in your mouth, but for better or worse, they would be your most trusted if you like them best.

I don't know shit. It's fine to not know shit. I just want to find out why you have the stances and decisions you do because a couple of them were unexpected(Bacon in particular).
And I appreciate that you’ve asked nicely whether you agree or disagree with my answers.
Not that I think it matters at this point, but because you’ve asked nicely and it seems to matter to you….

Croissant

Lunchable
I'm actually curious why if MasterChief was one of the ones you liked best why you didn't vote Sora with him instead of Gibbs?
I like his posts better than others but I’m less sure of him than I was feeling on the other two.

SubZero

Scum Hunter
I like his posts better than others but I’m less sure of him than I was feeling on the other two.
Ok, I don't think I really have any other questions. Um, I'm not too convinced at the moment? I can see your position coming from town, but there's a bit of slipperiness I can't shake when I read your explanations, but if you are town, I'd prefer you stick around as much as possible and let us know if you have any new insights

It is what the Lin Kuei have ordained, and I am inclined to follow.

Sora

Scorpionish
You know something

I actually don't hate Croissant posts right now

They think I'm scum and their dying wish is that people take a hard look at me after they die and flip green? Yeah, why not, I kinda dig that.

And yeah I've said that their explanation of their Princess read is hella inconsistent. But in my experience if something looks like a slip, it's not just rare for it to be a genuine slip. It fucking never is a genuine slip. So I guess I'm willing to write it off as a genuine mistake?

And they are also putting mad effort into talking us out of this and I respect that.

Plus if they are scum it's likely to be with Princess anyway. So sure. As much fun as it would be to eliminate someone with just gifs and memes, my conviction in this vote is no longer as firm as it was just half an hour ago.

Vote: Princess

Akshually, I am getting MAJOR heebie jeebies from the post Sephiroth made about me insinuating I'm the scum who killed Foxxi. It feels very weird to be insinuating that about me while also voting the wagon that I started. Kinda reeks of laying the foundation for the push on me in advance of a green flip. So gross.

Or at least that's what my Spidey sense is telling me right now.

SubZero

Scum Hunter
I'ma be honest, I'm not 100% sold on Peach which is part why I don't want to vote away from Croissant

Rikishi

Vanilla Townie
.... I find it funny that anybody can feel so confident they have all the things figured out this early in the game.

Nobody is saying they have all the things figured out, but some of us have been able to figure out at least one or two things. Just because we may not have ironclad evidence doesn't mean we can't read and determine likelihoods. Town can only defeat scum through information sharing and by yeeting. We also can learn a lot from voting history after flips - especially who avoids voting scum, and who joins on voting a town. Eventually we will catch scum, and then we will have more to look at. When the votes are scattered and we don't get a yeet, it seems natural to determine that scum are among the people avoiding a leading train.

Sora

Scorpionish
I'ma be honest, I'm not 100% sold on Peach which is part why I don't want to vote away from Croissant
I think that with the way they are behaving, Princess will be a policy yeet that town will make at some point regardless.

Sora

Scorpionish
Im actually thinkin sora is failing testing the waters on ppl its a really poor look
What do you mean I'm flailinh testing the waters? I already started a freaking tsunami here. I could have the Croissant yeet if I wanted to. I could already feel it with my fingertips.

It's just that I no longer want to.

Sora

Scorpionish
Im actually tempted to flip crosant just to see about sora
What would Croissant flip tell you about me

I'm clear is they are red, which won't be helpful to you since I'm not that suspected anyway

And green flip is not informative either way

Sora

Scorpionish
Well Croissant, if you actually think that I'm changing course because I don't want to look bad upon your flip then you are a noob and deserve to die

Too bad I actually think you might be town now and no longer want that to happen lol

Top Bottom