Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 4 - The Fall of FoS

XavierWoods

Lost Wolf
Well, Sora will at least be entertaining over the next phase.

I do like the personal touch at the end of a couple posts. Has me in stitches.

Need to look back at the NAs and see what else i can ascertain.

XavierWoods

Lost Wolf
Sabi - this is the 2nd night in a row they are pulling tarot cards. No clue what this could be. (Was Gibbs, dead scum)
MTR - Commuted Sephiorth?
Pablo - Inspired Peach
Robo - BG/Jail/Doc Rikishi
Matt - Bussed AppleJack(Now Sauron)/SolidSnake
Marack - Poisoned Sora (appears to be a restriction based on Sora's posting style)
Listo - Detonated mark on Gibbs (Sabi)
3pups - reflect/deflect action applied to SubZero
Caito - Attempted to do something to SubZero, bet reflected back on himself
Badger - Tracked Sora
Drey - Watched Sora for messages
Lora - Killed Pikachu

Seems I have a similar red on the NAs that HulkHogan does.

PrincessPeach

Lunchable
For the record I am voting Sora because I don't like how he was putting words into people's mouths the prior day.

Rikishi

Vanilla Townie
For the record I am voting Sora because I don't like how he was putting words into people's mouths the prior day.

Peach, how did you know the Croissant had a better role than you? She flipped as a town bodyguard.

Were you just being neighborly? Don't claim, but I think it's okay if you say something like I'm probably on the right track, or I have more to figure out.

Also, thanks to Robo for protecting me.

ArtTheClown

Vanilla Townie
Well, my first impression, is that Hades is using a bit of OMGUS. I sorta threw hades into my bad pile and then he immediately voted me afterwards. Rn I have them kinda of high on my list to die. Medivh too for their super combative responses to being voted once. Seems a lil sussy.

GrumpyCat

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Peach, how did you know the Croissant had a better role than you? She flipped as a town bodyguard.

Were you just being neighborly? Don't claim, but I think it's okay if you say something like I'm probably on the right track, or I have more to figure out.
Theory time:

Peach can talk to players at night. They need to submit target beforehand as day action. Mass rb affects only night actions so that worked.
Croissant told her their role (if claiming is allowed in such scernario). They could lie if they were scum but as town you either tell the truth or say you wont tell anything.
Peach got town read on Croissant in the end so they had a way to compare roles.

Do you like theories Peach or do you think theorising is stupid?

GrumpyCat

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
MTR - Commuted Sephiorth?
Roleblocked and silenced them for a day?

I am curious if the intent was malicious or what. It says there was an accident involved maybe there is randomness in the end effect.

Vote: Sephiroth

This is just a test until votecount.

Sora

Scorpionish
I like your thinking
But for one minor detail
No need for night chat

Croissant bleeded town
Flower among potatoes
Our brave Princess was

GrumpyCat

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Righteous and pure Princess' heart is.
Obediend the cat will now.
Try to scrach the Princess againg wont try.

GrumpyCat

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Sabi - this is the 2nd night in a row they are pulling tarot cards. No clue what this could be. (Was Gibbs, dead scum)
Gibbs, playing as Sabi, the Supremacy Bookie, has been killed. Actual Poster: Jarrod

From Hogwarts game:

1x Bookie You can guess who will be eliminated during the next day phase. If you are correct, you will gain a single night kill.

They didn't guess, no Sabi kill.
Too bad they didn't vote they would most likely vote town.

GrumpyCat

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Key points from Pikachu ISO imo.

Doesn't like Hulk.
Doesn't want to vote Twintania.
Then not impressed with Twintania.
Heart says Hulk is scum.
Votes Sora.
Not against Applejack yeet.
Doesn't like sleep.
Vibes on Sora aren't good.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Day 3 Vote Count:

Hades - 3 (SolidSnake #1266, HulkHogan #1269, SubZero #1283)
Medivh - 2 (Sora #1316, XavierWoods #1283)
HulkHogan - 1 (Moana #1272)
Sora - 1 (PrincessPeach #1322)
Sephiroth - 1 (GrumpyCat #1343)

Not Voting: Alysrazor, Arceus, ArtTheClown, Bacon, Hades, JackSparrow, MasterChief, Medivh, Rikishi, Sauron, Sephiroth, Twintania,

It is now Day 3. Day 3 will end at 8:00pm ET on June 9th or when majority is reached. With 20 players alive, majority is 11 votes on a single player. If majority is not reached by end of day, modified majority will come into play.

Current Modified Majority: 5

Day 3 Event

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
In-Game Event

Marack
smiled as he saw the effects of his pleasing liquid. But, the words were not pleasant enough. Marack typed some commands in on his laptop and activated the nanobots in his contraption. They electrocuted Sora from within. He fell to the ground weakened, but stood up and continued on. "Damn. I will need to rest tonight. That fucking hurt," he muttered. As Sora walked on, he felt the initial effects of the concoction start to fade.

Sora

Scorpionish
Thanks to whoever did that, very cool.
But at least I don't have to talk in haikus anymore.

SubZero

Scum Hunter
Aren't you interested in Hulk at all or just prefer Hades?
I feel neutral on Hulk. I think they were on early on but don't have strong town feelings on. No outwardly scummy feels either.

I never said no one push Hulk. I just wanted more.

And yes, I actually have scum vibes on Hades so I'm more interested pushing there

Rikishi

Vanilla Townie
Theory time:

Peach can talk to players at night. They need to submit target beforehand as day action. Mass rb affects only night actions so that worked.
Croissant told her their role (if claiming is allowed in such scernario). They could lie if they were scum but as town you either tell the truth or say you wont tell anything.
Peach got town read on Croissant in the end so they had a way to compare roles.

Do you like theories Peach or do you think theorising is stupid?

The Princess may have been pure at heart, but for this to work, Peach would have had to submit during Day 1 (and odd day), and picked Croissant, to have Night 1 chat. Is it common for games like this to have two town players with the very same ability/role? I don't think this is usually the case.

If the neighbor communication request was done on Night 1, for them to talk on Day 2, wouldn't it have been blocked? Or would a Day 2 communication request be allowed to happen that same day? Maybe that was the Tickler

My other thought was that perhaps Peach and Croissant were Masons? But the flip on Croissant did not indicate a Mason role.

So I would like to ask the Princess again, how did she know Croissant had a "more important" role? Voting for themself to try to "save" a fellow town member - when the voting was that close - seems like a bit of a gamble unless we consider there were plenty of team members around to cast votes elsewhere if needed.

A placeholder until I get a satisfactory answer -

Vote: Princess Peach

Did Sora fail to follow a 5-7-5 Haiku restriction imposed by Marack, and became mute for the rest of today?

Rikishi

Vanilla Townie
GUYS

PRINCESS PEACH IS A FUCKING JESTER

Vote: UNVOTE

Scared Episode 14 GIF by The Simpsons

Do you still think this is a possibility?

GrumpyCat

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
What do you think of Hulk?
Tone wise - neurtal but I think Hulk might have some scum equity.

I still have scumlean on Apple slot and if they were togeter Hulk's vote on a possibly doomed partner could be a ruse to make them look towny later.

Also Pikachu wasn't too fond of them.

Sora

Scorpionish
The obvious answer for how Princess would know Croissant had a more important role is if Princess has a garbage role themselves. I suspect it was them who forced me to speak in haikus but even if it's not I really don't think Princess is the way to go today.

As for how Princess would know that Croissant was town, I looked at the timing of their self vote and it was shortly after I made my own post highlighting how towny Croissant's latest posts actually have been. It wasn't a leap at all to defend them there. And the specific way they went about it (self voting) can simply be attributed to trolling which is consistent with the rest of their play.

In conclusion, there was no scum motivation to do what Princess did yesterday. But there was town motivation if Princess does have a weak role and believed Croissant was town as they stated.

Moana

Vanilla Townie
In conclusion, there was no scum motivation to do what Princess did yesterday. But there was town motivation if Princess does have a weak role and believed Croissant was town as they stated.
Scum who are fairly confident town are getting lynched could get town equity by declaring said townie's tonwnhood.

SubZero

Scum Hunter
The obvious answer for how Princess would know Croissant had a more important role is if Princess has a garbage role themselves. I suspect it was them who forced me to speak in haikus but even if it's not I really don't think Princess is the way to go today.

As for how Princess would know that Croissant was town, I looked at the timing of their self vote and it was shortly after I made my own post highlighting how towny Croissant's latest posts actually have been. It wasn't a leap at all to defend them there. And the specific way they went about it (self voting) can simply be attributed to trolling which is consistent with the rest of their play.

I'm pretty sure princess didn't give you haikus

Rikishi

Vanilla Townie
Scum who are fairly confident town are getting lynched could get town equity by declaring said townie's tonwnhood.

This is what I was thinking. There were a pile of votes on the Peach already. By declaring croissant town, and stating that croissant had a better role, clearly gave the impression that there was info being shared. Once croissant flipped, the Princess is proven to have shared true info and attention goes elsewhere.

Sora

Scorpionish
I also think that Sephiroth was a towny presence yestersay so I'm inclined to call him town. Judging by his abscence and the write-up he appears to have been exiled for today but maybe someone who can read better than I can clarify this.

Sora

Scorpionish
I can see your point. And if it wasn't Princess who gave me haikus, I guess there is no strong reason for me to vouch for them.

GrumpyCat

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I was curious if Sephiroth was blown to china and wont be able to post vote or be voted on. It appears he can be voted on though.

Not a vote for today, leave them be. Must be anoying enough to not be able to play.

Sora

Scorpionish
I was curious if Sephiroth was blown to china and wont be able to post vote or be voted on. It appears he can be voted on though.

Not a vote for today, leave them be. Must be anoying enough to not be able to play.
Yeah, I would not wish it on anyone. Being restricted to only haikus was bad enough.

Sora

Scorpionish
But to reiterate my point about Princess - I do stand by my assessment that there was a clear and observable town motivation for their play, and just because something could be a scum play doesn't mean that it was.

GrumpyCat

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
At least you can make a point with haikus even if that sure is annoying. If I got that I would not post. Maybe in a desperate situation.

Sora

Scorpionish
I'm just disappointed that the people who bandwagoned onto a villager lynch yesterday would then proceed to go after those that were telling them to not do that.

Rikishi

Vanilla Townie
But to reiterate my point about Princess - I do stand by my assessment that there was a clear and observable town motivation for their play, and just because something could be a scum play doesn't mean that it was.

You clearly have a lot of experience in these games - as I daresay most have more than me. What are your thoughts about multiple players potentially having the same role/ability? If that is not something that usually happens, I have reason to believe the Princess would not have had a way to know what she claimed - that Croissant had a more important role than Peach.

GrumpyCat

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Quick qustion Sora do you have an idea how Medivh could be as a player or do you want to play without such connections impacting the game?

Sora

Scorpionish
Quick qustion Sora do you have an idea how Medivh could be as a player or do you want to play without such connections impacting the game?
I would very much like that

Not that I have a clear guess on their person

Not that I would have an idea even if I did

SubZero

Scum Hunter
You clearly have a lot of experience in these games - as I daresay most have more than me. What are your thoughts about multiple players potentially having the same role/ability? If that is not something that usually happens, I have reason to believe the Princess would not have had a way to know what she claimed - that Croissant had a more important role than Peach.
I don't think Peach actually knew and just thought Croissant was town regardless of her alignment

Sora

Scorpionish
I think that their claim was a red herring that isn't worth focusing on. I can see a couple of scenarios where Princess Peach is town and all of them involve their claim being false.

Scenario 1. Princess Peach has a weak role themselves so they figured that any town role is likely to be better than theirs.

Scenario 2. Princess Peach actually has a very good role but wanted scum to think that they don't so they leave them alone.

GrumpyCat

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I don't think Peach actually knew and just thought Croissant was town regardless of her alignment
They could think so but couldnt be sure.
Would someone that is 100% town sacrifice themselves for someone that is say 90% town and assume they are more powerful role than they are?

Sounds weird to me but there are different playstyles and different people i guess

Sora

Scorpionish
Would someone that is 100% town sacrifice themselves for someone that is say 90% town and assume they are more powerful role than they are?

Sounds weird to me but there are different playstyles and different people i guess
Even less reason for someone who is 100% scum to sacrifice themselves for someone who is 100% not scum.

And I think that the point of doing it for cred applies for either alignment.

SubZero

Scum Hunter

There are enough people in this community that would pull head-scratching moves like that as either alignment that I'm not inclined to automatically assume it was a scum move.

GrumpyCat

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Looks like 3 players who think peach is town trying to convince each other that peach is town:)

Rikishi

Vanilla Townie
If it helps, we had 24 players, and the following characters have been identified thus far -

Supremacy - Red
Mazer
Lora
Firebert
Morrison
DivaSmurf
Sabi - Gibbs (Jarrod)
Matthieu

Riff-Raff (Blue)
Listo,
3puppies
mth - Pikachu (llettuce)
Psycho - Croissant (Tildey)
MTR
PabloDiablo
Robozerim
Marack
Badger
Dreyski
Caito

Neutral
Foxxi - Kumquat (Foxxi)

Sora

Scorpionish
The wolves probably aren't even playing

SHAME on the three of you that wasted your actions on me last night

GrumpyCat

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
He trusts you 100% kindof the same.
Why is that still here i didnt click post reply lol

GrumpyCat

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Vote: Hades

Lurkerkiller sheepcat attack.

But it is d3 and I would rather not wait until 6h before eod.

Rikishi

Vanilla Townie
The problem I have with Hades is he was left with one vote on D1, so he would have had only a 25% survival rate. Not sure if his scum teammates would have done that to him.

Top Bottom