Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 6 - Heart of the Cards

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I'm going back through and looking to see if there were momentum swings.

You'd have to assume some split, and we've got some cleaned up identities so curious on who was pushed against.

Of the two outlier votes, one feels a little better.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Can you find that for me? I’m at work and can’t see it. Based on who his characters were he didn’t seem to target you at all.
He responded to Cape saying Future is not red.

If I had to guess, he was motivated to act twice as n N1, and to keep his role hidden, Void didn't reveal the second target in the writeup.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Crackleslap still feels really towny, Xanjori does to, but the ladder means Xanjori is wolfing. (I don't believe this read)

Psycho has felt very towny recently

and finally WWA is trending a bit down for me, could see them being deepwolf, the way they handled me gave me the heeby jeebies, stuff after that felt ~fine but a bit coasty ig
I think this may have been cape's last list before he was discovered.

Looking through it seems like there might be some reasonable strategy assumptions, because he was really pushing the "I was targeted" narrative. And now we have two data points.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I think this may have been cape's last list before he was discovered.

Looking through it seems like there might be some reasonable strategy assumptions, because he was really pushing the "I was targeted" narrative. And now we have two data points.
So reading again, his list was actually after mtr came out but while he was still trying.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
So overall this is where I am at

MTR (revived)
Cracklestep

3puppies
Xanjori

GrumpyCat
PyschoSoldier
Claws

CWE
Blind Ninja

Matthieu
Mazer
WindwardAway

llettuce
Kareemah
Val
FutureHold
Listo
Tidley
Interesting full lost. We know claws was still trying, and Interesting because he has claws higher.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
So there was night chat open? Oops, I just saw it was night 2 then just... didn't post because it was night 2 and didn't look back
This looks an interesting possible "derp" attempt. +1 to xan for calling it out shortly thereafter

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I think both Claws and Matthieu look better by looking at page 10

I still am skeptical though of Matthieu because of the whole immunity thing until now though so I am not opposed to that idea
Claws and Matt together. Chose to pursue matt more

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Lemme ask you this then

Why would mafia defend me if I was mafia then? I was being widely townread day 1, they would be more concerned about other members sying unless they were ALL townread.
Interesting. Maybe it was?

Or perhaps he was looking to clear so he could be the wolf

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
What is your rationale for me. I'm interested in a few on your list. And a couple more.

Do you feel good about kareemah and cwe?
I think its mostly POE, maybe Im recalling incorrectly but didnt someone have something clearing for CWE? Also no, I dont feel good about Kareemah but others are already applying a bit of pressure there

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
I think its mostly POE, maybe Im recalling incorrectly but didnt someone have something clearing for CWE? Also no, I dont feel good about Kareemah but others are already applying a bit of pressure there
I wouldn't 100% call it clearing, but CWE's treatment of me and Cape last phase seems less likely to be partnered with Cape.

Let's also not forget CWE was pushing Cape on feels D2, and iirc Cape acted kind of awkward around it.

Which I think one of the posts Mazer quoted above was part of that exchange.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
For your sake, I hope Cape is town...
and your push on me is flat out strange to me and I almost want to call it towny for how lazy it is
This was the interaction I was thinking of. Comes off like scum trying to discredit a correct push while also trying to appease CWE by townreading him.

I guess it could have just been some softball distancing since CWE never got momentum on the Cape push, but I think Cape's response ultimately comes off like someone trying to find the right way to respond to the sus.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
This was the interaction I was thinking of. Comes off like scum trying to discredit a correct push while also trying to appease CWE by townreading him.

I guess it could have just been some softball distancing since CWE never got momentum on the Cape push, but I think Cape's response ultimately comes off like someone trying to find the right way to respond to the sus.
Hmm yeah no I agree that is a good look for CWE, so would prefer to keep him out the POE for now

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
This is probably a towny wish. Even though I don't like how he reacted to me saying Claws was scum, I think scum definitely don't want me to be officially added to town numbers with a protective ability. Especially from Xan who is great at making interesting wishes.
I almost feel like you're buttering me up. Also Im like, do we actually have to kill you to win the game? Because I feel thats being slightly overlooked, although the write-up showing you not eating a soul is a positive sign.

Kareemah

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
she/her
I'm not willing to write her off, I've played a scum game with an inactive chat and lost and confused is the easiest part to play. I feel like a lot of her posts have been filler and at least for me we are at a stage where pieces should be coming together. Especially since she's been getting a lot of shit, to say ah yes the sk cleared me on vibes whose next reeks.
Don’t care 😂

Kareemah

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
she/her
Idk how I’m supposed to say I’m town without breadcrumbing or saying why I did last night

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Idk how I’m supposed to say I’m town without breadcrumbing or saying why I did last night
How much have you managed to read? Like reading the alive player list is there any names that stick out to you?

CWE

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Top 4 today for me are: Psycho (outed evil), Mazer (2 maybe 3 red flags triggered), Listo (my heart pick), and Val (top sus person).

:panic:

I don't know what to do.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Top 4 today for me are: Psycho (outed evil), Mazer (2 maybe 3 red flags triggered), Listo (my heart pick), and Val (top sus person).

I don't know what to do.
Im still worried Pyscho has conned us and will win tonight. Part of me thinks we kill in one of the other 3 though and Psycho targets another there.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Im still worried Pyscho has conned us and will win tonight. Part of me thinks we kill in one of the other 3 though and Psycho targets another there.
Psych's saying he couldn't win after being outed still doesn't make any sense to me, because why would it make a difference?

But his action last night was really telegraphed, and it helped.

The pop ins with no rationale are interesting. Val does that. listo hasn't been back. Kareemah is probably independent of Val and lettuce.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker

I don't know what to do.
Who is going to win most consecutive mazer misreads?

You or foxxi?

It's a neck and neck battle right now.

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
I woke up, slipped on cat vomit and cut my hand on the sharp side of a table...fun start to the day. :blah:

Vote: Listo

I'd very much like to read more of Listo's thoughts.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I'm kind of on an inactive scum theory right now.

Because that would explain why psycho was able to survive and get his move through, short of outside interference working.

So both these are good for me.

I'd kind of like to see the lettuce kareemah rift settled as well.

If the current paths are incorrect, we should double back on people voting with no rationale, just sheeping other reads.

If it's in active, I'm going Val as it's the most pure example.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
The part where they successfully killed someone other than psych when he telegraphed?

Are you saying you don't think scum has inactives?

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I'm sorry. Not trying to be thick here, if I'm missing something obvious.

With what happened overall, because they still got kills through, and none was at Psych is where I'm surprised.

Stopping was the outside interference I was referring to. When you talked about not reading was there something else that leads you to believe that they were gunning for Psych.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
James smiled as the results finally all came in. He did another bow and thanked everyone for supporting Team Rocket. He looked around and snapped his fingers, letting the results be know. “Now once this is done, one public wish has a chance to be granted still and Jessie will be your woman then.”

A shot rings out at Claws
A shot rings out at Psycho
A shot rings out at Listo
A shot rings out at Cape
A shot rings out at Tildey
A shot rings out at Crackleslap.

PsychoSoldier
was minding his own business when a shot rang out and the bullet flew through the air, striking him in the chest. He stumbled over and fell to his knees, as the blood pooled around him. However, strange time magics took over and Psycho was now watching the scene in reverse, as his blood pooled back into him. Before he knew it, it was moments before the shot. Psycho quickly ducked, avoiding the bullet a second time. He sighed and wiped his brow, knowing that couldn’t happen again or there’d be more consequences.

Tildey was tending to her garden, even while the event was going on. She knew that there was no excuse for a poor display factor and there should be flowers even if there was a battle raging all around her. As she finished tending her last flower, a bullet connected with her, providing her own blood as glorious fertilizer. As Tildey bled out, others met the same fate.

Tildey, playing as ???, the ??? has been killed.

Before anyone could react, the ground around Tildey started to glow, changing Tildey into something more…green and naturey. As the glow faded, Tildey stretched and stood up. She looked different…almost as if she were made of wood.

Tildey has returned. She is allowed to post in thread for the remainder of the game, but has no actions, does not count for parity, and cannot vote. For all intents and purposes she is dead.

WindwardAway had her target in her sights and fired. Unfortunately, the gun malfunctioned and exploded. The gun had been loaded with unstable explosive rounds for maximum pain, but they also created maximum explosions if there were issues. WindwardAway was caught up in the explosion and ceased to exist. As Windward died, so did a couple others.

WindwardAway, playing as Red Eyes Black Dragon/Charizard, the Bus Driving Bodyguard, has been killed.

Living Players:

1. 3puppies
2. Cape90
3. Claws
4. Crackleslap
5. CWE
6. FutureHold
7. GrumpyCat
8. Kareemah
9. Listo95
10. Llettuce
11. Matthieu
12. Mazer
13. MTR
14. Nightingale
15. PsychoSoldier
16. Val the Moofia Boss 2.0
17. Xanjori

Day 3 Vote Count:

Psycho - 6 (Crackleslap #1481, Listo #1701, Cape90 #1754, Val #1776, Claws #1778)
Cape90 - 6 (CWE #1533, Psycho #1538, Xanjori #1486, 3puppies #1641, Kareemah #1688, Future #1708)
Kareemah - 1 (Lettuce #1504)
Claws - 1 (Matthieu #1714)

Not Voting: Mazer, Nightingale, GrumpyCat #1680, MTR #1713

Current Modified Majority: 8

It is still Day 3. Day 3 will end at 8:00pm ET on August 18th or when majority is reached. With 17 players alive, majority is 9 votes on a single player. If majority is not reached by end of day, modified majority will come into play. If modified majority is not reached, there will be no elimination.
We should have done this before people died, but I think we should have everyone claim the shots they took.

I shot Cape. I don't know if anyone else followed through.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Also, I tried to do some spreadsheeting, but it's a little hard still trying to figure out pairs, and when most people that acted last night died, it doesn't narrow anything down. Especially when half the people targeted otherwise we already know who they are.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
I think we are looking for at least 4 scum left unless there are multiple roles that share 3+ characters or someone like Agumon was cut for the size/is a red herring.

CWE and Xan have the most red roles checked off, with only being able to be Agumon, Kaiba, maybe Ur-Dragon, or one of the N2 red roles if they aren't paired with Silver Queen, Impmon, and Blue Eyes.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
1. Crackleslap
2. CWE
3. FutureHold
4. Kareemah
5. Listo95
6. Llettuce
7. Matthieu
8. Mazer
9. PsychoSoldier
10. Val the Moofia Boss 2.0
11. Xanjori

Take away known towns and less likely to be scum through elimination:

3. FutureHold
4. Kareemah
5. Listo95
6. Llettuce
7. Matthieu
8. Mazer

Unless Future is Godfather, I'll take him out. And I'll take out Matthieu for being pretty unpaired with Cape. Also counting Kareemah/llettuce as a difference check like Mazer has been saying:

4. Kareemah/6. Llettuce
5. Listo95
8. Mazer

If everything above is right, this list should have all the scum. With the chance that CWE/Xan could be one of the remaining roles, Future could be a godfather, and I could be reading Matthieu wrong. You could probably make a sort of difference check out of Listo/Matthieu for people Cape pushed at with less likelihood that they're both scum.

There's also the chance Tildey was scum, too, which would make the bottom 4 slots less likely to be all scum.

Listo95

I almost feel like you're buttering me up. Also Im like, do we actually have to kill you to win the game? Because I feel thats being slightly overlooked, although the write-up showing you not eating a soul is a positive sign.
We probably do.

Listo95

Sleep - 7 (3puppies #75, DivaSmurf #209, Future #251, MTR #259, GrumpyCat #339, Listo #397, Blind Ninja #514)
GrumpyCat - 3 (Claws #337, WindwardAway #419)
Val - 2 (Xanjori #516, Cape90 #521)
3puppies - 1 (Val #128)
WindwardAway - 1 (CWE #135)
Crackleslap - 1 (Lettuce #411)
Morrison - 1 (Psycho #482)
Kareemah - 1 (Rock #525)

Not Voting: Crackleslap, Kareemah, Mazer, Morrison/Val, Nightingale, Tildey, Matthieu

D1: Xan is unlikely to be scum since that would have put 2 of them on the Val vote. Overall not much else can be gained from the D1 votes that I can see. Not even bothering with D2 since that was the day all votes got swapped to BN.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Cape90 - 9 (CWE #1533, Psycho #1538, Xanjori #1486, 3puppies #1641, Kareemah #1688, Future #1708, GrumpyCat #1801, Mazer #1847, MTR #1858)
Psycho - 6 (Crackleslap #1481, Listo #1701, Cape90 #1754, Val #1776, Claws #1778)
Kareemah - 1 (Lettuce #1504)
Claws - 1 (Matthieu #1714)

Not Voting: Nightingale
This is where better info comes from. Matt is unlikely based on the vote on Claws, but it is still possible due to him avoiding Cape, I'd put him at the bottom of the pile though. CWE is unlikely to be scum, same with Xan again. Kareemah is in a meh spot next to Future. Mazer is probably in the worst spot on the train though.
Entire Psycho train could be seen as bad (myself included). I know I voted him to both have a vote on record and allow day to go on longer since Cape was getting very close to lynch when I voted. Of the three of us, Val is definitely the most scum to me.
Llettuce on Kareemah... I honestly don't know what to think of it.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

As it is right now my current list of people to look at would be something like this: Val/Mazer/Kareemah/Llettuce/Matt. Of course, this is ignoring the elephant in the room of SK Psycho. Who can apparently kill anyone they want now and not just inactive people.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Day 4 Vote Count:

Lettuce - 1 (Val #1883)
Val - 1 (Psycho #1933)

Not Voting: Crackleslap, CWE, FutureHold, Kareemah, Listo95, Llettuce, Matthieu, Mazer, Xanjori

Current Modified Majority: 2

It is now Day 4. Day 4 will end on Aug 21st at 8:00pm ET or when majority is reached. With 11 players alive, majority is 6 votes on a single player. If majority is not reached by end of day, modified majority comes into play. If modified majority is not reached, there will be no elimination.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If you wanna get me out of the way now, so be it, I'm not gonna fight it that hard. But keep in mind scum might only need 2-3 more kills to gain parity. Taking me out now will help facilitate that.

CWE

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If you wanna get me out of the way now, so be it, I'm not gonna fight it that hard. But keep in mind scum might only need 2-3 more kills to gain parity. Taking me out now will help facilitate that.
Damn you using logic to change my mind.

Vote: psycho

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Day 4 Vote Count:

Val - 2 (Psycho #1933, Listo #1966)
Lettuce - 1 (Val #1883)
Listo- 1 (CWE #1964)

Not Voting: Crackleslap, FutureHold, Kareemah, Llettuce, Matthieu, Mazer, Xanjori

Current Modified Majority: 3

It is now Day 4. Day 4 will end on Aug 21st at 8:00pm ET or when majority is reached. With 11 players alive, majority is 6 votes on a single player. If majority is not reached by end of day, modified majority comes into play. If modified majority is not reached, there will be no elimination.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I'd still like to hear from Val. The fact that psycho put it out there, and nobody jumped makes me feel a little better.

I wouldn't mind getting more clarification from Xan on where he saw the contradiction. I don't have probabilities difference, but I still don't have all complete eliminations.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Psych, are you comfortable tying your fate into not missing a shot, or is that an unrealistic ask?

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Psych, are you comfortable tying your fate into not missing a shot, or is that an unrealistic ask?
I mean, I basically have to go that way anyway. I can't really say much more than this due to contractual obligations, but I fully understand that my choices of possible mafia will play a heavy factor into how soon I die. It is what it is.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
You kind of already laid out what I was intimating before.

Not that I don't trust your shot nigh as much as anyone but me (the Carmelo Hayes of Vigilantes). But the law of averages eventually plays out.

And still how would being outed, actually impact your wincon, etc, etc. Yadda Yadda.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
When you talked about not reading was there something else that leads you to believe that they were gunning for Psych.
Well I assume they must have targeted him somehow, because you dont just let an SK run loose. But the red team was hit by some kinda interference

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
I mean if Psycho is taking shots in the POE its not only a kinda extra vote in thread for town but wolves DO have to deal with him, his KP alone is swinging this game

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Pegasus (town) did ???. I'm guessing he's a JOAT.
Ditto (town) tracked someone)
Aegislash (town) tracked Kareemah
Zapdos (town) doc protected MTR
Exodia (SK, Psycho) killed Clawsout
Summoned Skull (town) cursed PsychoSoldier (Exodia the SK)
Gaia the Fierce Knight (town) copped Xanjori
Feral Imp/Haunter (town, Nightingale) visited Grumpycat (Gaia, town) and both died. Looking back at previous morning writeups, I'm not seeing who could have visited either to rig them to explode.
Blue Eyes Toon Dragon (town) gave Crackleslap something.
The Ur-Dragon (scum) might have been hit by Pegasus. He strongarm killed MTR (Aegislash, town cop).

NHHHAu0.png

Vote: Llettuce
That's it. The picture, if it didn't show up for anyone else, was the list randomizer

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Unvote:

Val, do you have any thoughts on anyone beyond the mechanics? Any reason why llettuce could be scummy?

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Well I assume they must have targeted him somehow, because you dont just let an SK run loose. But the red team was hit by some kinda interference
Yeah, after the mass they still got stuff through. In a 2 kill set-up, when you have someone who, even if claws survived, was coming straight for him....I don't know how you don't prioritize that kill. Particularly when it's the biggest thread captain we have (When he wants to be).

Because this fact (which is exactly what I said when you seemed to think I missed it), cape being targeted and apparently trying to wolf, and a few other things lead me to make some assumptions on the team composition.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
That could explain why Cape came in the thread unaware of his position, but then again, Claws was hella active, so if he peeked in scumchat he would know

No particular reason for lletuce at this time. I don't start getting a feel for people until latter in a game after having how people acted for several days.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
No particular reason for lletuce at this time. I don't start getting a feel for people until latter in a game after having how people acted for several days.
We're on our 4th day and llettuce has had a decent chunk of posts. You don't get anything off her or Kareemah and their relationship, for example?

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
That could explain why Cape came in the thread unaware of his position, but then again, Claws was hella active, so if he peeked in scumchat he would know
That's a bit of the conundrum. Claws was pretty active in the one scum chat (kingmaker) we did with him.

Cape had already done a "derp defense" early. I quoted that one above.

The chances that two were unintentional seem really low. Because I really don't know Cape, I'm not sure if they just pop in the thread or if that would be something they discussed. One of those paints early interactions in a different light, but I honestly don't know.

But the two kill explanation is my most persistent issue. Can someone make it make sense? Does it seem like a thing to do?

The only other Llettuce/Kareemah interaction I can find is at the post 1,200 mark, when they talked fluff about an ATLA themed mafia game.

Post 1,504: llettuce votes Kareemah saying she thinks she is saying a lot of nonsense. Says it's easy for scum to pretend to be clueless. I haven't ISOed Kareemah but from what I've seen it seems like she's another Bwonsamdi and you certainly don't need to be scum to be like her. Llettuce then lists four other people but two of them amounts to "IDK" (Diva and Future), and then scumleans Tildey and Psycho.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Day 4 Vote Count:

Lettuce - 1 (Val #1883)
Listo- 1 (CWE #1964)
Val - 1 (Listo #1966)

Not Voting: Crackleslap, FutureHold, Kareemah, Llettuce, Matthieu, Mazer, Xanjori, Psycho #1933

Current Modified Majority: 2

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I don't feel as good about chopping Val now
If you're right on that, it means scum sat on a potential false lynch led by a validated you all day.

I'm not wanting to put blinders on, because it potentially backs my early theory.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I'm not sure where to go there. My ok with val is more scum team theory based vs. actual player.

But I can't fucking read Val.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah, I don't know. Even if you're scum, the pile of people left to most likely be scum are all in a nullish/shrug pile that it's hard to differentiate who's scummier than the rest.

And my hesitance on Val is I feel like the last couple times he was caught as scum, he just kind of memed and shrugged it off, where here he seems to care a bit and...I don't know, it just feels like maybe that's not the scum hit?

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
But then defaulting to Listo feels bad, and same for Kareemah

It's all shrug at this point, so it's hard to really choose what the best path is.

I also would feel bad if Val got subbed back in just to be chopped out.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
And I don't get directly scummy vibes from Mazer's play so far. Like maybe I'm biased because he's just active in comparison and so seems to be solving, but overall you don't feel too manipulative, and feel like you'd maybe be making a bit stronger of a play to push me.

You could be biding your time, having hoped that you would have blocked or killed me, but it's not the first solution my brain jumps to.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
But then defaulting to Listo feels bad, and same for Kareemah

It's all shrug at this point, so it's hard to really choose what the best path is.

I also would feel bad if Val got subbed back in just to be chopped out.
.....Are you trying to talk me into it?

Because how often do we get to even make a somewhat wary attempt to try to work together at a nice point? Once a year?

And after the last few games (for me), a fun one is needed

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
And I don't get directly scummy vibes from Mazer's play so far. Like maybe I'm biased because he's just active in comparison and so seems to be solving, but overall you don't feel too manipulative, and feel like you'd maybe be making a bit stronger of a play to push me.

You could be biding your time, having hoped that you would have blocked or killed me, but it's not the first solution my brain jumps to.
It's not like I haven't thought about it, because I have to. I mean, let's be at least a little honest there.

But there's a sexiness to trying to ride this dragon.

I'm not thinking this is probably the way to go, but can you read the exchange I asked cwe about and tell me if you think I missed anything?

Top Bottom