Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 9: Sega vs Nintendo - The Race for the Next Generation

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Vote Count
4 - VoidKitten (FutureHold, Dreyski, Insaner, Claws)
2 - Matthieu (Blind Ninja, Nightingale)
2 - Badger (Peter Griffin, Jarrod1983)
2 - Jarrod1983 (Badger, LemonDemonGirl)
2 - FutureHold (VoidKitten, Matthieu)
2 - Sleep (MTR, GrumpyCat)
1 - MTR (Val the Moofia Boss)
1 - Claws (CWE)

Not Voting: Mazer, Tildey

GrumpyCat

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Come on Matthieu if you want to save VK you can just vote sleep. You voting on returning player is even dumber that your questions last game.

Nightingale

Administrator
I'm kinda leaning that Matthieu switching is town indicative. He could have just sat on sleep and no one would have cared.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Sleep in a game that can't spreadsheeted is a pro-scum move btw

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Like, I doubt it will be black and white, but you will be able to spreadsheet to get information, once there are flips that have actions.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
I was thinking this too, but it's not 100% - future wasn't really in any danger of being swapped to I don't think
Agreed, but does Matthieu think to do that? If you don't think he would have swapped, he very likely didn't think to swap to FH unless he thought he needed cred with me for an unknown reason.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
It will be able to be spreadsheeted lol.

Psycho does anti-spreadsheet mechanics (see wills) but they are spreadsheetable.
I will only believe that is your actual opinion if you still say the same thing after the game :D You know, after you won't feel the need to find any way you can prolong your life in this game!

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
I will only believe that is your actual opinion if you still say the same thing after the game :D You know, after you won't feel the need to find any way you can prolong your life in this game!
It is my actual opinion now. After the game I may be proven wrong and Psycho fucked with the spreadsheets.

I don't expect to find any way to prolong my life this game. I should have been killed Day 2 last game. Blame them for not killing the revealed SK regardless of edit or not.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
But he specifically stated this would be his will system, so I expect that is the major spreadsheet fuckery.

I still think there are characters we probably haven't seen yet, but I didn't read or note all the flavor stuff.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
I dislike and am ambivalent at the same time.

BN always pushes people for activity, but pushing people for activity on D1 is dumb. Especially SPECIFIC activity. Sure, analyze D1 and ask questions, but demanding people give huge game opinions in the first 24h of the day is meh.
Demanding people give huge amount of opinions... Look who I asked. The 2 people that skate by and either forget they are playing or actively ignore the tread. If someone doesnt try to get them to be active, chances are they wont be.

And of course I have opinions on things, I just dislike Mazer's dumbass persona he is pulling more then commenting one way or the other of his "Biggest interactions of the day"

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I'm certain that at one point Void said to me that he considers voting sleep to allow more time to solve the game via spread sheets to be a boring way to play mafia

Makes ya think

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
But he specifically stated this would be his will system, so I expect that is the major spreadsheet fuckery.

I still think there are characters we probably haven't seen yet, but I didn't read or note all the flavor stuff.
Yeah the will system is the main thing that will slow down spreadsheeting until we get later into the game and get some flips and targets.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
I'm certain that at one point Void said to me that he considers voting sleep to allow more time to solve the game via spread sheets to be a boring way to play mafia

Makes ya think
Maybe after day 1 but most of us from Rajah tend to vote sleep day one and wait for info from the night actions. After that people tend to yell at anyone trying to vote sleep

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him

Makes ya think
I am not a fan of sleep. But if its sleep versus me, I will go sleep :p

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Demanding people give huge amount of opinions... Look who I asked. The 2 people that skate by and either forget they are playing or actively ignore the tread. If someone doesnt try to get them to be active, chances are they wont be.

And of course I have opinions on things, I just dislike Mazer's dumbass persona he is pulling more then commenting one way or the other of his "Biggest interactions of the day"
I get what you are saying with who you asked but still asking anyone even them for any real opinions on day one stuff is meh like Void said. Pester people after day 1

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him

He gimmicks every game though. Just let it go and read what he is trying to say. Or ask him to explain it again through his mild insults.

How can you expect PG and LDG to give actual reactions to things on D1 when they typically do not give major opinions even when there are days of info. They give thoughts, but nothing you are going to expect.

Ask them if you want, but take their answer (or non-answer) and vote them or move on.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Well, that is fair I guess.

Whatevs. As long as I don't get yeeted in my sleep I'm content. I'm happy as long as one of VK, Grumpy or LDG get yeeted.

See ya on the other side, perhaps?

Nightingale

Administrator
Agreed. I understand the frustration of wanting more from them - but the fact is, you're more likely to get struck by lightning than get what you want there BN - I'd rather see you engage and talk to other players who *will* create discussion and opinions instead of doing the equivalent of talking to a wall and claiming it's in the effort to be helpful XD

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
I'm so mad because I thought MTR was going to go all Day 1 without me thinking he is sus and then he has more mind melds with me and I don't like it.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
Agreed. I understand the frustration of wanting more from them - but the fact is, you're more likely to get struck by lightning than get what you want there BN - I'd rather see you engage and talk to other players who *will* create discussion and opinions instead of doing the equivalent of talking to a wall and claiming it's in the effort to be helpful XD
You play your way, Ill play mine, as they will "play" theirs.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Vote Count
4 - VoidKitten (FutureHold, Dreyski, Insaner, Claws)
3 - Sleep (MTR, GrumpyCat, Matthieu)
2 - Jarrod1983 (Badger, LemonDemonGirl)
1 - FutureHold (VoidKitten)
1 - Claws (CWE)

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
how about this...

@Val the Moofia Boss come out and play... only 1 post and it was a random.org vote. time is running down on d1
I mean. Isn't that Val's standard MO too to put down a random.org vote and disappear on D1?

Why not ask Foxxi for her opinions? Or ask me for my shitty opinions? I wanna judge you interacting with people who may actually interact back over a couple posts.

Play your way. I am not telling you what to do, but that is what I want to see and look for

CWE

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
It's a snap feeling. MTR is normally agreeable, but when people agree with me and say things I was saying, it always makes me look
That's one of my rules. That makes me sus you for agreeing with my rule without even knowing it.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
My other rule is being sus of people who immediately call me towny too. Because half the time I'm not sure I'm towny when town.

Nightingale

Administrator
You play your way, Ill play mine, as they will "play" theirs.
Which is fair... but you can't expect other people to see that as being helpful when nothing ever comes of it. Basically I'm not buying the "I'm trying to get them to interact which is pro-town" vibe. If you want me to read you as town, do stuff that actually has impact.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
It's a snap feeling. MTR is normally agreeable, but when people agree with me and say things I was saying, it always makes me look
Just timing that we are on around the same time saying the same thing. lol

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
I expect a story before Day 1 ends, btw.
Here's one:

A close friend of mine from my childhood recently reconnected with me, we fell out of touch over the years since I moved away from my hometown in my late teenage years. We sort of kept up with each other's lives through social media but it wasn't the same as when we met up multiple times a week to hang out.

As part of our re-connection efforts she wants to take me to Comic Con. I've never been to one though she's been to many and likes to cosplay. She plans to go as Princess Zelda and after some back and forth with me being confused as to who best to cosplay as she suggested that I go as Aiden Caldwell from Dying Light 2 because 'that's who I look like', apparently. :-p

So I've got until late next year to get a cosplay costume ready...

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
Which is fair... but you can't expect other people to see that as being helpful when nothing ever comes of it. Basically I'm not buying the "I'm trying to get them to interact which is pro-town" vibe. If you want me to read you as town, do stuff that actually has impact.
How about I put in as much effort as our low posters, since they seem to get a pass all the time. Make it my new playstyle. Since they always seem to make it to mid/late game.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
I mean. Isn't that Val's standard MO too to put down a random.org vote and disappear on D1?

Why not ask Foxxi for her opinions? Or ask me for my shitty opinions? I wanna judge you interacting with people who may actually interact back over a couple posts.

Play your way. I am not telling you what to do, but that is what I want to see and look for
Standard MO is fine for 1 person... But me calling out lurker/low posters (which is my MO) gets questioned. Good to know.

Didnt ask for your opinion or Foxxi's, because I know they will come. You guys dont need to be prodded from interactions in the game.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
That's not a rule. That's a standard scum tell. It's called the TMI tell.
I am aware of what TMI is, but I mean with me in particular. I do not come across towny on D1 at all. Typically by choice. Sometimes by me just posting what I want.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Standard MO is fine for 1 person... But me calling out lurker/low posters (which is my MO) gets questioned. Good to know.

Didnt ask for your opinion or Foxxi's, because I know they will come. You guys dont need to be prodded from interactions in the game.
To be blunt, your way annoys me because I expect more from you :D

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Here's one:

A close friend of mine from my childhood recently reconnected with me, we fell out of touch over the years since I moved away from my hometown in my late teenage years. We sort of kept up with each other's lives through social media but it wasn't the same as when we met up multiple times a week to hang out.

As part of our re-connection efforts she wants to take me to Comic Con. I've never been to one though she's been to many and likes to cosplay. She plans to go as Princess Zelda and after some back and forth with me being confused as to who best to cosplay as she suggested that I go as Aiden Caldwell from Dying Light 2 because 'that's who I look like', apparently. :-p

So I've got until late next year to get a cosplay costume ready...
I want to go to a convention so badly because I would love to cosplay, but I also can't deal with that many people so its a hard nope.

You are now Aiden to me.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Vote Count
5 - VoidKitten (FutureHold, Dreyski, Insaner, Claws, LemonDemonGirl)
4 - Sleep (MTR, GrumpyCat, Matthieu, VoidKitten)
1 - Jarrod1983 (Badger)
1 - Claws (CWE)

Nightingale

Administrator
You already said you had simmering thoughts of me today so this doesn't have the same feels as if you were legit.

But, be careful of the wocket in that pocket. He gets hangry.
I made friends with the wocket. He's part of the reason I made a whole ecosystem

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
I feel this in my soul. I had 20/10 vision and have now been wearing glasses and need a new prescription.
I had to go to progressive lenses a few years ago. If I am wearing my contacts I can just do readers which does not help me not feel old.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
As an aside, I literally just watched the Pope's Exorcist and that movie was magnificent. Russel Crowe did the best job as an exorcist I've seen in horror movies.

Claws

Mastermind
Sure i do im agreeing that sleep in a game where spreadsheeting is unavalible is indeed a scum move

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Sure i do im agreeing that sleep in a game where spreadsheeting is unavalible is indeed a scum move
Spreadsheeting is available. Stop just believing what everyone says before we actually know.

Psycho said it is his will system so we know what spreadsheet shenanigans there are.

Claws

Mastermind
Dont get all hot and bothered over d1 or do we can show you the door

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
And Tali smashed right through her ceiling to show that you can't judge a book by its cover. Great character growth, best romance, great in a fight with her drone. Liara hit her ceiling and then tried to build a new house.
Best romance? Not for me. Liara hits new levels. That's a happy life right there.

And yes, I am counting Shadow Broker. It's canon.

I didn't realize that your heart went as much to the tragic as it does. You are a romantic, yet fatalistic soul.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Jarrod, Badger, future, blind ninja, and Voidkitten all are interesting to me.

Not in a "bring me the head of" way. In a I just found at least one thing interesting.

None are better than 50% to me

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Spreadsheeting is available. Stop just believing what everyone says before we actually know.

Psycho said it is his will system so we know what spreadsheet shenanigans there are.
Likely a lot of people saying "Shut up, Wesley"

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Maybe after day 1 but most of us from Rajah tend to vote sleep day one and wait for info from the night actions. After that people tend to yell at anyone trying to vote sleep
Sleep after d1 happens. it just needs to be logical.

If you would stop spending all your time playing the Goldeneye on your Nintendo 64 and focused more on your history classes, you would know this. BTW, I talked to your brother. You're not allowed to use Odd Job anymore.

Badger

“70% Furry, 30% Filthy, 100% Fun”
Pronouns
he/him
Unvote: ScummyBadger

Vote: Sleep
That’s not my name and you don’t have to unvote anyway. ;)

While you have exhibited some town-like responses, I’m still keeping an eye because you probably would have done so if I’d called you first so don’t act aghast because I fancied you a juicy target first. I don’t feel like I should have to jump through hoops for you to trust me when I’ve been town many times recently including here. Just read the game objectively, make your own decisions and get over this obsession lol.

While Void has had me killed the last two games and the thirst is there, objectively I haven’t seen anything particularly sus sooooo….

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I'm so mad because I thought MTR was going to go all Day 1 without me thinking he is sus and then he has more mind melds with me and I don't like it.
I feel that way about someone else. And I'm not sure if they're trying to butter me up for more screen time, or if they actually respect wisdom

Badger

“70% Furry, 30% Filthy, 100% Fun”
Pronouns
he/him
Unless scum are so bad as last time when they got scum FH yeeted d1 this day will end in misyeet.

Unvote:
Father and son sent my spine senses a tingling…plus it was funny. The four votes on FG was still funny and worth my inevitable death.

Jarrod1983

Scum Hunter
That’s not my name and you don’t have to unvote anyway. ;)

While you have exhibited some town-like responses, I’m still keeping an eye because you probably would have done so if I’d called you first so don’t act aghast because I fancied you a juicy target first. I don’t feel like I should have to jump through hoops for you to trust me when I’ve been town many times recently including here. Just read the game objectively, make your own decisions and get over this obsession lol.

While Void has had me killed the last two games and the thirst is there, objectively I haven’t seen anything particularly sus sooooo….

Just figured my vote would end up there eventually.

No obsession just having fun Badger.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
That's not a rule. That's a standard scum tell. It's called the TMI tell.
I believe it's called the Matthieu effect. Not believing the matthieu effect is called the Void effect.

Believing void is called the Mazer effect.

Top Bottom