Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 9: Sega vs Nintendo - The Race for the Next Generation

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Before I do though, no clue how you read that Matthieu post at SoD as an attempt for a derp clear, he said nothing about assuming who did it only that he didn't the odds of two selected players both being scum
I thought that was his implication that scum did it

But Matthew would be in my Poe regardless

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Having a main mafia team who were sorta trying to save Claws as well as a smaller faction who were just chilling yesterday would be an interesting twist

GrumpyCat

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
You mean mechanically? Claws was mentioning a lawyer and it it also in a writeup so maybe.

Otherwise i dont know why it would specifically be cwe. Because he didnt swap when jarrod asked him to?

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
You mean mechanically? Claws was mentioning a lawyer and it it also in a writeup so maybe.

Otherwise i dont know why it would specifically be cwe. Because he didnt swap when jarrod asked him to?
Yeah it sounds like it could be a consequence of Claws death

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah was gonna say that there was also no scum kill at night so cheers to that

Could be because of something our purple kings did

GrumpyCat

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I took another look at CWE will and now i see there are 2 separate lines. N1 is - so he didnt do anything. And second line is like a joke so it makes more sense to me now.

Dreyski

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
That sounds about right, the Thunderdome appears to be Void, initiated on his death, and that in no way clears me (I don’t think scum would pick two of their own to choose from.
So that’s a little frustrating, because I am town, but I’ll take a deeper look this evening.

Badger

“70% Furry, 30% Filthy, 100% Fun”
Pronouns
he/him
Interesting result from last night...

The CWE death shows before Night actions.

Appears purple had some fun. Was that targeted at specific people? or just hit people that acted last night? Feels on Mass Block, Bus, % Failure on actions?
I don’t think it’s a mass block or action failure as I got a note saying my action was successful. However my vote has been stolen by someone.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Ahh the cracked awakes! Did we disturb ye Father?

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Watch as it won’t show up in the vote count.

Also Claws putting a Badger pic instead of “SCUM” like everyone else is lolcatting and probably just to mess with everyone at the end. Don’t take that seriously.

GrumpyCat

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
GrumpyCat teasing a reveal earlier but seems to be dancing a bit around it whenever asked to share it seems a bit odd.
Dance Party Cat GIF

I was curious who wants this game solved for them by results. Didnt plan to out it anyway.

But since poor toadie was curious too i will tell you.
As a result I know whitch player is almost certainly not scum. I have no reason to out my town lean just like that. Escpecially with that will system it will be outed even if i die.

Oh and just in case n2 thing wont be alignment indicative so pay no attention.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Dance Party Cat GIF

I was curious who wants this game solved for them by results. Didnt plan to out it anyway.

But since poor toadie was curious too i will tell you.
As a result I know whitch player is almost certainly not scum. I have no reason to out my town lean just like that. Escpecially with that will system it will be outed even if i die.

Oh and just in case n2 thing wont be alignment indicative so pay no attention.
That's wonderful to know!

GrumpyCat

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I'm not suggesting that MTR went "Dudes, I think VK is onto me, we need to kill him!" though. It was more of "Well, here are a couple of good options for our kill. But one of them is kinda sus of one of our guys whereas the others don't seem to have caught on yet. So let's kill the dude that's more right than others".
Just thought about this part. Now it becomes more likely as claws would be fine with VK kill so it could pass with two.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I like it this poe except tildey.

Anyone you would like to start with?
I'm not terribly in the mood to "start" anything to be honest. I've outlined my thoughts as to which group of players should be the main subject of scrutiny for the next couple of days. Beyond that I'm just looking to hear what everyone else has to say.

Why don't you like Tildey being in the Poe? From 1 scum game I played with Tildey I've learned that she can be quite smooth with her posts and I also had the impression that she is staunchly opposed to bussing. She also focused a lot on discussing night actions and stuff. From what I recall of Tildey this game she didn't really start to post any opinions on players until her defence of Claws. It doesn't condemn her as mafia as she could just be a wrong townie. But IF Tildey was mafia in this game then I would imagine her playing pretty similar to how she played here which is why she is a part of my immediate poe.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Just thought about this part. Now it becomes more likely as claws would be fine with VK kill so it could pass with two.
Well, we now know that Foxxi was right about Claws and didn't for so I'm not sure how much I still believe this myself tbh

Of course, it could just be the case of both VK and Foxxi being right in their respective susses and scum being limited to picking one. But could also be somewhat of a wifom kill.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Well, we now know that Foxxi was right about Claws and didn't for so I'm not sure how much I still believe this myself tbh

Of course, it could just be the case of both VK and Foxxi being right in their respective susses and scum being limited to picking one. But could also be somewhat of a wifom kill.
Didn't die*

GrumpyCat

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Why don't you like Tildey being in the Poe?
Didnt see anything scummy from her and I voted her almost entire last game until she got yeeted. My kind heart doesnt want it now (even if she was scum then).

What is the case here? thet she voted Dreyski and not Claws? my thought was that she was more comfortable with taht vote because she knows Dreyski longer than claws? not sure about that though.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Didnt see anything scummy from her and I voted her almost entire last game until she got yeeted. My kind heart doesnt want it now (even if she was scum then).

What is the case here? thet she voted Dreyski and not Claws? my thought was that she was more comfortable with taht vote because she knows Dreyski longer than claws? not sure about that though.
I pretty much outlined it in the post you are quoting.

"Tildey voted town over mafia = bad" is most of it

GrumpyCat

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
But we both did as well didnt we?

I only played 1 game with tildey together and i dont think she is much of a busser so fine argument.

GrumpyCat

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Come on dude. You pick 4 names I leave 3 out of them. You pick one from that and vote it. I sheep vote. Such a great deal.
And you pick tildey. hiss ;p

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
But we both did as well didnt we?

I only played 1 game with tildey together and i dont think she is much of a busser so fine argument.
True, but I think you have redeeming points and I will argue I do too.

You unvoted Dreyski before the momentum against Claws really solidified & when it made sense to unvote due to him coming to defend himself and not looking like a caught wolf.

As for myself, yeah I did town read Claws all the way lol. That one's on me. But if you look back at my debate with Foxxi I think it should be clear that I wasn't actually trying to win the argument against her but rather just play the devil's advocate and represent a different point of view. So that others could weigh in and potentially make themselves more readable as a result.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Come on dude. You pick 4 names I leave 3 out of them. You pick one from that and vote it. I sheep vote. Such a great deal.
And you pick tildey. hiss ;p
I see no need for us to come to a consensus this early in the day. Just vote whoever you want. Then everyone can pick between the options.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I see no need for us to come to a consensus this early in the day. Just vote whoever you want. Then everyone can pick between the options.
Part of why I voted Tildey was because I sensed you wanted to vote differently.

GrumpyCat

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I am an awfull pusher and others dont join my trains. you could look at my previous games or even this one when i voted ldg d1 and got no interest even when one could argue it was as reasonable vote as sleeping. Make me feel stupid and even if i might not be i dont want to feel that way ;p

Ok then you do you.

Hey Nightingale would you want to vote someone out of BN FH Matthieu? I have reason to think there is scum there. Not mechanical stuff.

Jarrod1983

Scum Hunter
I don’t think it’s a mass block or action failure as I got a note saying my action was successful. However my vote has been stolen by someone.
My vote has been stolen as well. Hopefully scum doesn't have a stock pile of stolen votes to use this phase.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I am an awfull pusher and others dont join my trains. you could look at my previous games or even this one when i voted ldg d1 and got no interest even when one could argue it was as reasonable vote as sleeping. Make me feel stupid and even if i might not be i dont want to feel that way ;p
Oh boy.

GrumpyCat

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Could scum ever stockpile votes? Otherwise those with double votes should be scum.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Well. People didn't agree with me when I was telling everyone that Void was scum on D1 or that Claws was town on D2. I just assume my arguments must have been not good enough and that it's a valid choice for people to not agree with me. It turned out I was wrong both times and people not agreeing with me was actually for the better :D

GrumpyCat

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
or that Claws was town on D2
I am not sure why you would think that.
General rule in an ordinary mafia game is that in order to win town need to find scum and yeet them.
Scum dont have to do anything other than not get yeeted. Almost evertything Claws did was an AtE beg to not get yeeted. Every post he made was making him scummier.
I played enough games with Claws to know that he will cling onto life with claws and that isnt exattly alignment indicative for him so I could give him a pass on that.
But that should generally ping experienced players as scummy.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I am not sure why you would think that.
General rule in an ordinary mafia game is that in order to win town need to find scum and yeet them.
Scum dont have to do anything other than not get yeeted. Almost evertything Claws did was an AtE beg to not get yeeted. Every post he made was making him scummier.
I played enough games with Claws to know that he will cling onto life with claws and that isnt exattly alignment indicative for him so I could give him a pass on that.
But that should generally ping experienced players as scummy.
I don't know about that lol I tend to expect wolves in hard positions to just roll over and die but maybe that's just me

Jarrod1983

Scum Hunter
Could scum ever stockpile votes? Otherwise those with double votes should be scum.
If the votes that are stolen aren't connected to the person who stole them then yes.

When I Mod and want those votes hidden, they vote in secret and then I conceal the name in vote tally.

GrumpyCat

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Ok Jarrod, being fooled by claws and having your vote stolen isnt fun right? I could lend you my vote if it is on BN FH Matthieu. Intersted in one of them. i mean like they are scum you feel it.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Vote Count
2 - Tildey (Val the Moofia Boss, Insaner)
1 - Badger (Peter Griffin)

Not Voting: Badger, Blind Ninja, Dreyski, FutureHold, GrumpyCat, Jarrod1983, LemonDemonGirl, Matthieu, Mazer, MTR, Nightingale, Tildey

Jarrod1983

Scum Hunter
Ok Jarrod, being fooled by claws and having your vote stolen isnt fun right? I could lend you my vote if it is on BN FH Matthieu. Intersted in one of them. i mean like they are scum you feel it.
Not fun at all but being fooled is part of the game so can't really blame Claws.

If I had a vote I'd already have put it on FutureHold to be honest. His play feels like previous scum games he's played, just trying to blend in and be active like his comment on Drey yesterday.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Vote Count
2 - Badger (Peter Griffin, LemonDemonGirl)
1 - FutureHold (GrumpyCat)

Not Voting: Badger, Blind Ninja, Dreyski, FutureHold, Jarrod1983, Matthieu, Mazer, MTR, Nightingale, Tildey

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Vote: Badger
What were you doing last night?
Well this is interesting, not the usual LDG style vote where she either picks someone for sussing him. I’ve barely mentioned her all game.

I obviously can’t go into specifics as don’t want to be modkilled/out myself but I did carry a successful action which I can confirm and had good intentions. What makes you think I’ve done something bad?

Nightingale

Administrator
Multiple people talking about losing their votes is interesting considering when I read the write up more closely it sounds like a lightning rod effect may have taken place...

Nightingale

Administrator
So either I'm interpreting that wrong, it was some kind of partial lighting rod where it only pulled in some number of actions, there were actions immune to the effect that weren't shown, or the person who was made into the rod stole them -- but I find that last one unlikely because if it was a "steal the vote of who targets you" kinda thing I think a lot MORE votes would be missing.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Multiple people talking about losing their votes is interesting considering when I read the write up more closely it sounds like a lightning rod effect may have taken place...
Just glancing as reading between breaks but think this may be the purple effect? I’ll have a deeper look when I finish work. I know you weren’t happy with my content last phase, I think Jarrod was kinda right in that it felt like an extension of D1 and didn’t have much more to add other than agree with you (and well done btw for pushing it) but now we have reveals and flips, there’s stuff to pick at.

Nightingale

Administrator
Lighting rod could also be why there was no kill - pulled both the kill and whatever protections we may have onto the same target probably

GrumpyCat

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Seems odd for you to consider shit like that. See you tommorow unless you want to make something happen instead of waiting till someone tells you who scum is.

LemonDemonGirl

Lost Wolf
Well this is interesting, not the usual LDG style vote where she either picks someone for sussing him. I’ve barely mentioned her all game.

I obviously can’t go into specifics as don’t want to be modkilled/out myself but I did carry a successful action which I can confirm and had good intentions. What makes you think I’ve done something bad?
Well... did you do anything sus?

Nightingale

Administrator
Seems odd for you to consider shit like that. See you tommorow unless you want to make something happen instead of waiting till someone tells you who scum is.
You will get my thoughts and list.. sometime today. I don't wanna drop it immediately... I want to see what people genuinely think without my own opinions to parrot at me.

Nightingale

Administrator
Just glancing as reading between breaks but think this may be the purple effect? I’ll have a deeper look when I finish work. I know you weren’t happy with my content last phase, I think Jarrod was kinda right in that it felt like an extension of D1 and didn’t have much more to add other than agree with you (and well done btw for pushing it) but now we have reveals and flips, there’s stuff to pick at.
where do you stand? Who are your suspects?

ForgottenHold

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Not fun at all but being fooled is part of the game so can't really blame Claws.

If I had a vote I'd already have put it on FutureHold to be honest. His play feels like previous scum games he's played, just trying to blend in and be active like his comment on Drey yesterday.
Next you’re gonna say I’m too defensive

Jarrod1983

Scum Hunter
@MTR
@Mazer
@Val the Moofia Boss
@Matthieu
@Jarrod1983
@Tildey
@Peter Griffin
@Dreyski
@Blind Ninja
@FutureHold

I've removed the people who have already given some reads and thoughts or - and badger, whi just promised to in a bit... for the rest of you: I would like your thoughts on who you think is suspicious and why please.
I already gave my thoughts on Future.

I feel great about you and Mazer.

Drey is likely clean but not 100% clearing him.

Badger could have been scum hiding on Claws train for future street cred.

Tildey I feel like could be scum and was curious if she could help Claws stay in that late hour of D2.

Everyone else I'm watching with curiosity at this point.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Do you think im going that hard to defend my teammate? Im not that dense. I know when the flip occurs, puts the spotlight on me. I dont want that heat as scum.

I late vote in almost all games these days, aside from D1 matt vote for tradition
But then you know that and say it, do it's all a circle.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I don't even know where to begin with this...

Okay. So. If claws told his team to bus him why would they jump on the drey wagon? If you're discarding that world and deciding the drey wagon is clean that means that any voting scum actually are bussing claws...? And you think the drey wagon is clean but then have both BN and Tildey who were voting drey in your poe?

And maybe it's just me, but your paragraph about BN sounds extremely bitter...
I don't know that you were wrong about Insaner being a potential TMI yesterday. I also think Jarrod was more confident in claws than I think he would normally be.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker

Ok then you do you.

Hey Nightingale would you want to vote someone out of BN FH Matthieu? I have reason to think there is scum there. Not mechanical stuff.
How confident are you in that group of 3?

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Lighting rod could also be why there was no kill - pulled both the kill and whatever protections we may have onto the same target probably
And it's possible that there were compound effects out there. Like maybe they targeted someone who would be ok in that scenario

If so,

ha ha simpsons GIF

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Sony Playstation
Olaf
Steve Race

Yuji Naka
STI
Sega Saturn
Panzer Dragoon
Comix Zone
Vectorman

Shigeru
Hirsohi
Satoru
Koji

Right now, I believe there is a better chance Blind Ninja is red or purple than green.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
I already gave my thoughts on Future.

I feel great about you and Mazer.

Drey is likely clean but not 100% clearing him.

Badger could have been scum hiding on Claws train for future street cred.

Tildey I feel like could be scum and was curious if she could help Claws stay in that late hour of D2.

Everyone else I'm watching with curiosity at this point.
That doesn't make sense. How could I have been hiding? It was 4-4 when I voted Claws so tipped the balance in his favour because I thought he was scum. If I was scum I wouldn't do that.

I'm not saying there wasn't scum on that train but why would I put my team-mate in danger like that. If anything there could have been more hiding by not voting or voting Dreyski.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
My vote has been stolen as well. Hopefully scum doesn't have a stock pile of stolen votes to use this phase.
So two stolen votes this phase. Did someone else have their vote stolen last phase when I had mine stolen?

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Not long til I finish so will put something more comprehensive with reads and so on. Just gonna put out there for now that after Peter when I've proved I can't vote who just dips in and always voting me which is NAI for him but the votes since feel opportunistic because I can't vote back.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
That doesn't make sense. How could I have been hiding? It was 4-4 when I voted Claws so tipped the balance in his favour because I thought he was scum. If I was scum I wouldn't do that.

I'm not saying there wasn't scum on that train but why would I put my team-mate in danger like that. If anything there could have been more hiding by not voting or voting Dreyski.
Not a bad point.

How do you feel about Insaner and Blind Ninja?

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Vote Count
3 - Badger (Peter Griffin, LemonDemonGirl, Matthieu)
1 - FutureHold (GrumpyCat)

Not Voting: Badger, Blind Ninja, Dreyski, FutureHold, Jarrod1983, Mazer, MTR, Nightingale, Tildey

Jarrod1983

Scum Hunter

That's the Badger itch. I need to get on there so I look good one way or another and with Foxxi pushing so hard I wouldn't put it past you.

Jarrod1983

Scum Hunter
Also, love to get your thoughts on those folks.

Also would love to hear from Jarrod there. And anyone else.

My love and invitations extend to all.

Welcoming Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
I already put my thoughts out on everybody, no matter how right, wrong or indifferent they are.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Reads in no particular order:

Foxxi - Definitely not on the red team after pushing for Claws. the way she did. Outside chance purple but I very highly doubt it as she has her solving hat on. More than likely town.

BN - A bit uncomfortable about him as he did the minimum effort last phase voting in and out. I know he said he did not like either option but knowing that he likes to solve and quiz people I thought he would have quizzed more than just the usual suspects he does in LDG and so on.

Insaner - Paranoia growing about him as he voted Void and was in his POE 3. Also stuck up for Claws. On my sus list.

Grumpycat - He teased a reveal earlier on and a few people asked including myself. He did eventually shed some light this phase seeming to be soft claiming some action that could be a cop-like action or a neighbouriser (he said he knows a team mate definitely can't be scum). Obviously don't expect him to elaborate on his role/actions but the fact it took him so long to say this when he could have just said it earlier when "toadie" and I asked. Could be on the level but still have doubts so not on my town reads yet.

Peter - NAI, his vote again on me seems meme-worthy but the fact I disproved his "likely story" guess (stealing CWE's phrase to boot) he still stick with it. Still not one I'd look at today but just wish he'd actually comment on more thoughts on the game but that's like trying to get blood out a stone. Was on the Claws train early though so will give him some cred for that.

Jarrod - VERY heavily defended Claws, probably more than Insaner. Would a scum Jarrod really go to that lengths to defend his team-mate then have egg on his face when it flipped red. A scum Jarrod from my experience tends to sit back a bit more and only gets involved when he has to but still capable and definitely not ruling him out. Our interactions/arguments are quite commonplace but he seems to think I've been hiding on the Claws train when I just shot a logic hole on there. The "Badger itch and wouldn't put it past you" explanation he just posted doesn't wash at all, why would I tip the balance to look good when it's level? Not flying at all dude. I don't know if he's just stubborn but being so overly confident on one scum in Claws and refusing to listen to reason on me is just bad.

Dreyski - Also on Void's sus list and not clear by any means but out of Void's suspect list he's the lowest for me. Town read at the moment.

LDG - Her push on me seems to be more aggressive than usual. I've asked her to elaborate but not sure she will. I don't know if she's claiming she knows more but if that's the case it's wrong.

Mazer - Did not vote last phase but knowing him like I do, I know he doesn't like to rush his votes and quiz things more so so still feels towny to me. Not sure about the earlier RP but wouldn't put it past him if he just made that up.

FH - He has interacted a bit more but still don't feel great about him as Foxxi has questioned his methods.

Val - Not said much and just been voting but using meta a but here, he's generally more talkative as scum.

Matthieu - Yeah don't feel good about him either. As Foxxi said he just disappeared for most of last phase as Foxxi pointed out then just puts a blind vote on me. Seems opportunistic.

Tildey - I know she prefers spreadsheeting and the Will system has hampered that. She did have a conversation with Foxxi that looked good on the surface but misinterpreted what she was saying a bit plus voted on the Dreyski train. Would like to hear some more.

MTR - Probably the least sus of the House of MTR suspects in my book at the moment. Also seems to have had his vote stolen last phase

Top Bottom