Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vanillatown 2: Revenge is a Dish Best Served Kosher (Mafia 3)

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Would you vote claws and worried about hammer?

I can unvote and pop my vote back before deadline, if you're worried about killing things. Or are you wishing you had time to start another train?
There really is no reason to fear the hammer though.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Vote: unvote

dee3c8e60bbe875378a15c2d5bee4a47784f20aa.gif

Vote: matthieu

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
@Matthieu

Do not pull some thing and vote yourself over Claws. If you are town, that is an awful thing to do. You being town confirmed does not push the game state forward more. Now if you are scum, by all means vote yourself.

Vote on Claws.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Half the ppl on me voted and left chat
Well that's uh
Mildly concerning
Idk though??
That's another reason I'm reconsidering my stance on you, but also tbf I kinda think if your scum, your goose has more or less been cooked.
But maybe I should be examining the timing of the votes, because there was a chance for people other than VK and Mazer to propose alternate wagons, and nobody really did. And as a point in your favor, after scum lost a wolf D1 I don't know that I'd expect them to just straight up give up and decide to bus a second wolf today. Like that would mean you have a really awful partner who plans on solo endgaming or else literally does not exist enough in this game to have noticed that you're on the chopping block and need saving. (And I say "really awful" because I have totally bussed the first two days in a row and it was really awful, I don't recommend ever doing that.)

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Well that's uh
Mildly concerning
Idk though??
That's another reason I'm reconsidering my stance on you, but also tbf I kinda think if your scum, your goose has more or less been cooked.
But maybe I should be examining the timing of the votes, because there was a chance for people other than VK and Mazer to propose alternate wagons, and nobody really did. And as a point in your favor, after scum lost a wolf D1 I don't know that I'd expect them to just straight up give up and decide to bus a second wolf today. Like that would mean you have a really awful partner who plans on solo endgaming or else literally does not exist enough in this game to have noticed that you're on the chopping block and need saving. (And I say "really awful" because I have totally bussed the first two days in a row and it was really awful, I don't recommend ever doing that.)
But did you win?

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Would you vote claws and worried about hammer?

I can unvote and pop my vote back before deadline, if you're worried about killing things. Or are you wishing you had time to start another train?
Kind of both things at once.
I have some growing doubts that he's scum now, but I'm also confident we can correctly glean info off of a claws flip if he's town.
And yeah I was avoiding hammering because I'm probably going to sleep lol, idk anymore what I'm doing.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Fuck. How long did that take start to finish?
Something like 3 months, and it was also during my first scum streak iirc so I was at like 4 games in a row and also multitabling 4 games (2 town, 2 scum) and I have no clue why I ever thought it was a good idea. Maybe cause all the start dates were different but stuff got moved by the hosts and then they all started at the same time and I died immediately in two? Lol

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
I should say. Not as much if he flips town. If he flips scum, then its a shit ton.
Er yeah, this i agree with.
It's still a bit less than we get from claws due to less interaction and less discussion on matthieu's slot, but it's something.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
I'll be impressed with Matthieu if he ends up being scum. And then immensely disappointed in literally everyone else if he ends up being town.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I'm never wrong about you learning.

it's one of the 5 things I'm never wrong about

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I'll be impressed with Matthieu if he ends up being scum. And then immensely disappointed in literally everyone else if he ends up being town.
There are still voters. Why so defeatist?

Make your case man. Where is the spice?

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
There are still voters. Why so defeatist?

Make your case man. Where is the spice?
I don't want spice. I want to see Claws flip so I know where to go from there.

I don't think Matthieu is scum and think Claws has a much higher chance of being scum.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
It really isn't when I have him as town already :)
I just don't find your rationale on him throwing mild and incorrect shade at you, and the "not my claws" defense compelling. I haven't seen where the points I made about it after his defense on "why would I" stood.

Admittedly, I just don't give a shit about "vote for me" anymore. it's become an every game play, with little risk, and is rarely AI.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
If yall actually think Matthieu has more scum equity in his posts, then maybe I missed something. I am not clearing him fully on the fact he offered, but I don't think he is anywhere near as scummy as Claws has been today.

He ran a gambit of emotions throughout the entire phase. Starting with "go ahead guys. I'll be the yeet today" to not wanting to be the yeet at all.

I get it. Town might do it to. I've done it. But to call people out about it and do the same thing is sus.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
From my discord.

image.png

How that goes from okay yeet me to the passionate defense and the range of emotions seems a bit over the top.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Maybe he was town who got a renewed energy to fight? But I do not see how we choose Matthieu over Claws. And if Matthieu ends up being scum and Claws not, I suck and am bad.

I just like the odds of Claws being scum more. And if he isn't we have things to look at.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
If yall actually think Matthieu has more scum equity in his posts, then maybe I missed something. I am not clearing him fully on the fact he offered, but I don't think he is anywhere near as scummy as Claws has been today.

He ran a gambit of emotions throughout the entire phase. Starting with "go ahead guys. I'll be the yeet today" to not wanting to be the yeet at all.

I get it. Town might do it to. I've done it. But to call people out about it and do the same thing is sus.
I'm sort of preemptively doing the "if Claws is town then I'd flip Matthieu" thing I guess

I'm not entirely convinced Claws is town and I'm ignoring the dramatic self-voting because that could go either way, but I guess for me it's one or the other as the option today, and since there was talk about trying to set up a counterwagon as an alternative to claws, I also wanted to see where it would lead.

But right now all I'm sort of seeing is that there are now a bunch of votes on Matthieu, Matthieu isn't even here, and Claws went quiet.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I don't want spice. I want to see Claws flip so I know where to go from there.

I don't think Matthieu is scum and think Claws has a much higher chance of being scum.
It's been a long day, and I'm admittedly decompressing a bit with my posts.

But all jokes aside, I don't think there's anything wrong with this. Even if wrong, there's good logic.

I could be wrong, but comfortable with where I'm at. I get the "most info". To me it's close enough, where I'm going with my number 1.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
I despise CFDs because I feel like they can end up on town. Especially if there was barely any talk. But there was a spirited fight today over claws from many directions. I cannot see choosing Matthieu over Claws.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Ngl I don't like that claws seems to have disappeared now that the wagon's off him but maybe it's just poor timing, idk, did he say he'd be around for EoD?

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
So this is where I was at earlier this phase:

Mattheu meme voted. And then was silent. Which I don't abhor, but I needed to make sure didn't take off. As one of Rajah's foremost ND1L crew, I wanted to send a strong message. And lo and behold, at that point, the votes for MTR came on. His reasoning there, admittedly was in retaliation. Which seemed less relevant until I came on, but was still directed at mtr, who has been on quite a scum run, and has been easy to get heat on.

Today, he has pulled away from claws with the rationale that it's too soon to get a read, but has pulled for inactives. Which is not indefensible, but seems like a low probability shot that would probability wise be more likely to hit a good guy. And ignores that Psycho seems to be proactive on warnings

I can't see anything off here. And I'll be honest, although i still think claws is a good look. i have him in number, because there's some small maybe this is town pings and because i see some similarities to how he reacted in x-men when vk and I took him out.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
He is also EU and isn't always around at EoD. And alreayd said he'd be fine being yeeted. I don't expect him to show up though it would be nice.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
He is also EU and isn't always around at EoD. And alreayd said he'd be fine being yeeted. I don't expect him to show up though it would be nice.
I like how I probably said I wasn't gonna be around but I'm around anyway lol

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
What gets me is that he said he voted because he was being asked not to vote sleep, and then picked an inactive anyway.
And the mtr on day 1. retaliation was not relevant until I voted for him, then he quickly popped on the just started mtr train.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I'm likely dead, but if Matthieu does flip town, Winward has to move down my trust list.
I would expect you would move everyone who voted down. If claws is dirty, and matt clean, it would look particularly bad.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
I'm likely dead, but if Matthieu does flip town, Winward has to move down my trust list.
I'm increasingly tempted to vote claws but I'm also worried that will bite me in the ass so tbh I don't know at this point, I'll take the consequences either way and I'll live with it

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
I'm increasingly tempted to vote claws but I'm also worried that will bite me in the ass so tbh I don't know at this point, I'll take the consequences either way and I'll live with it
I don't think anyone can say it bites them in the ass when I am the one pushing everyone for it. Just say you listened to me.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
I don't think anyone can say it bites them in the ass when I am the one pushing everyone for it. Just say you listened to me.
Nah, I'd take full responsibility for it cause it would be a conscious choice

The problem is i can't tell if I'm being hit by recency bias cause claws is just... Not here, and conveniently after a wagon started on someone who wasn't him and it's really bothering me

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Certainly a viable strategy. I have my take, but think people should vote where they feel most probable.

And not out of fear.

Top Bottom