Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

kiss mafia

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I already did all the math. Result says.

Yeet someone all the way. Sleep is for the weak.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
The thing that I think is beneficial for yeeting d1 in a game like this is we can't outright narrow down actions like we used to and when claims eventually come out we have to take a lot at face value. So if we don't yeet today, tomorrow has less chance to give the majority something to work off of.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
I will agree that it is probably a good idea to yeet someone today the more I think about it and see the logic people are presenting. Normally I would not be in favor of it on day one but I think this is the way for this game at least.

So therefore I feel like I at least have to start here.

Vote: Future

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
You feel like? What about me or claws? Arent we a good start?

I am trying to understand the value of yeeting someone D1 at all. Putting prior game revenge aside, I get that after the fact, once a flip is known, we get train information, but I really don't see how we could determine if it's worth trading one of our precious town lives.

Town can only win by lynching. Scum do not need to lynch to win. Not lynching always benefits scum and almost never benefits town. Even if a town is lynched, it results in information and voting patterns being acquired that can be used later.

Nightingale

Administrator
Town can only win by lynching. Scum do not need to lynch to win. Not lynching always benefits scum and almost never benefits town. Even if a town is lynched, it results in information and voting patterns being acquired that can be used later.
Can I rent your pocket?

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
You feel like? What about me or claws? Arent we a good start?
I said this was a start. I have to vote Future at some point. Getting it out the way. Vote not staying there.

I always feel like claws is a a good start then again after claws has fooled me hard a couple times I pretty much always think he is scum unless shown otherwise so I tend to not focus on him to much unless we know he is a caught scum or cleared town. I tunnel and admit it.

As far as you go, haven't made up my mind. Then again haven't made up my mind on anyone at this point. The vote will change. Maybe not as much as Foxxi is changing hers but it will change.

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Hey i said it first. Or thought about it dont remember. You can get into mine

3puppies

Lost Wolf
I already did all the math. Result says.

Yeet someone all the way. Sleep is for the weak.

I don't mind being called weak. I just didn't like what you call math, when I think you really mean guts.

Sleep is for losers that dont want to take responsibuility for thier shit takes

I wish I had gotten more sleep. I was up late repairing both our snowblower and generator last night - we've gotten a foot so far and winds are kicking up, we are expecting power outages.

I accept that revenge picks and retaliation against prior game winners can add some entertainment value, and if there's no real information to go on it's as good as anything else.

Does anyone else agree with Mazer that we probably won't get much info in the writeups?

Read any good books lately?

Right now I am reading The Black Company by Glenn Cook. It's a fantasy novel but the gimmick is that it is about cutthroat mercenaries working for the dark lord trying to take over the world and crushing those pesky rebels. I actually started this book last year but lost interest, but I picked it back up last week because I have nothing else to do at work.

3puppies

Lost Wolf

Town only wins by SMART yeeting. Yeeting for the sake of yeeting alone usually benefits scum

ForgottenHold

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I said this was a start. I have to vote Future at some point. Getting it out the way. Vote not staying there.

I always feel like claws is a a good start then again after claws has fooled me hard a couple times I pretty much always think he is scum unless shown otherwise so I tend to not focus on him to much unless we know he is a caught scum or cleared town. I tunnel and admit it.

As far as you go, haven't made up my mind. Then again haven't made up my mind on anyone at this point. The vote will change. Maybe not as much as Foxxi is changing hers but it will change.
While I don’t appreciate the vote, I get the sentiment

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Right now I am reading The Black Company by Glenn Cook. It's a fantasy novel but the gimmick is that it is about cutthroat mercenaries working for the dark lord trying to take over the world and crushing those pesky rebels. I actually started this book last year but lost interest, but I picked it back up last week because I have nothing else to do at work.
I need to get back to R. A. Salvatore and his Drizzt books. I am so far behind on them right now. Just been focused on reading up on other things that haven't really read any novels in a while.

I need to get back to R. A. Salvatore and his Drizzt books. I am so far behind on them right now. Just been focused on reading up on other things that haven't really read any novels in a while.

I read Icewind Dale, I hardly remember any of it. I owned another Drizzdt book but never opened it. I threw out my Warcraft, Warhammer, Dragonlance, Star Trek, etc books a couple years ago since I would never open them again.

Dreyski

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
And also will Dreyski figure out his 33 hours is off?
Yes, yes he will. I thought I'd get something in although there seems to be a lot about 3pups choosing to sleep when he knows full well D1 has about a dozen trains, none of which go anywhere and we end up in the same position.
To my eyes, that either reads like he's not part of a team, he's gone rogue, or he's being coached INCREDIBLY badly. I think he's clean.

Future/ForgottenHold - Law of averages, he's surely due a town role? (I can't be bothered checking Badger's game RN)

BlindNinja - typical d1 grumping about - NAI

Claws - typical d1 shitposting - also NAI

I may have more thoughts later.

Dreyski

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
As an aside, I'm not going to be around much tomorrow, and certainly not in the evening. If I were scum, I'd want to start an uncontested train under such conditions.

Dreyski

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
Oh yeah, last game Future was the poison nurse who couldn't self-target. All bets are off :squint:

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Mathematically, you're erroneously combining both outcomes.

Sleep leads to 1 town loss (by night kill) for 0 scum kills, and is clearly much better than 2 town losses (yeet and NK) for 0 scum. Those are the two possibilities with a 0 scum loss.

Yes, 1 town loss with 1 scum kill would clearly be preferable, but in order to consider that possible outcome, you have to also consider its likelihood. And since scum has info as to who they are and who to target, along with the ability to work together, or just sit back and let town lead a town yeet, a D1 yeet is by far most likely to be town. That's the mathematical truth you're ignoring, in favor of getting information.

Therefore, mathematically, town should make every effort to avoid yeeting one of our own.

For those of us who haven't mastered the ability to read others, we are already way behind.

I appreciate Mazer's thoughts about how little we should probably expect from our gamerunner. If I understand you, @Mazer, since logic alone probably won't be enough for town to survive, we will need info from vote patterns and interactions, therefore the sooner the better. Is that basically what it comes down to?
There were people who said I would never be in the Rajah Main Event. And then they said I could never take my talents to MMOC. But I never stopped believing in my vision.

Because.....Regardless of what game I'm in, I live my life under three principles:

1. You need to have shots that are 50% or better to win. If game mechanics don't get me there, I've gotta force the issue. Earlier is better, but not forcing false confidence. As John Wesley once said "Although I am always in haste, I am never in a hurry".

2. When Mazer shoots, he don't miss

3. Details matter.

So yes, logic must be our guiding star. But we've also got to make them deal with our passion.

Pro Wrestling Sport GIF by ALL ELITE WRESTLING

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Likelihoods matter on random things and the idea is that yeet isnt a random thing. There is a thought/cause/effect things like that.

And if scums ability is to sit back and let town ... then you have an idea who scum are.
Hindsight bias, confirmation bias, and the availability heuristic matter as well. And likelihoods matter on more than random things. That's just ridiculous.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker

Why have you already decided that your vote won't stay there?

vc 3

rock meets hard place

Kitten Herder
Pronouns
he/him
Satsu(2)Nightingale, PsychoSoldier
Claws(2)-Blind Ninja, Satsu
ForgottenHold(2)-Val the Moofia Boss, MTR
3puppies(1)-CWE
Mazer(1)-Claws
LemonDemonGirl(1)-Dreyski
No Lynch(1)-3puppies
Val the Moofia Boss(1)-ForgottenHold

not voting: VoidKitten, DivaSmurf, LemonDemonGirl, Mazer

With 15 alive it takes 8 to lynch or no lynch.

deadline counter

Last edited:

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Oh yeah, last game Future was the poison nurse who couldn't self-target. All bets are off :squint:
Yeah he has been town like 2 or 3 games in a row now. About time for him to rand scum. Maybe I should rethink moving my vote. :chin:

Dreyski

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
So noone yet has a double vote - though I have played games where players either had a variable number of votes, or a total pool of votes to use as they saw fit.
I also believe we're not going to get much information in the writeups other than dead player flips, which could make things very challenging.

Claws

Mastermind
Vals such a boring vote vote me future so abbys law can eat you and bn up

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
So noone yet has a double vote - though I have played games where players either had a variable number of votes, or a total pool of votes to use as they saw fit.
I also believe we're not going to get much information in the writeups other than dead player flips, which could make things very challenging.

I wouldn't think there would be a perm double voter two games in row. That would be like choosing the same Wrestlemania opponent two times in a row.

Crazy

nicksplat doug GIF

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Good to know you can spell

You can’t finish a story without editing and revising it first
I just wasn't sure if when you said you couldn't spell "today' it was because you didn't trust autocorrect. Maybe you're worried about people putting all their trust in the Websters.

Spelling has more than one royal family.

ForgottenHold

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Then Goldberg can come out and whoever wins and say “You’re Next” and he will fight whoever has the more free schedule at Summer Slam

Nightingale

Administrator
This is boring. Let's just yeet Void while he's not paying attention.
Unvote: Satsu
Vote: Void

Nightingale

Administrator
I mean, he's either scum and yey - or he's town and then he can no longer say he's never been misyeeted. It's a win/win

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
You would come here in and take a man's achievements just for lols? Just to further your own agenda?

You've got a choice, you can either win the championship like HBK did....or you can win it like Logan Paul did.

Is your story the Odyssey? A timeless tale of triumph in the face of insurmountable odds?

Or is your story something that could be written on the back of a box of Trix?

Perhaps there's only one way to find out.

DivaSmurf

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
just want to hop in and say, valentines day stuff happening at work (i work at a cookie shop, its significant for us) so not caught up, will catch up in a little bit and post some thoughts after, but will be in a little bit

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
They remind me of valentines day and i dont like valentines day.

Unvote:
Vote: Divasmurf

Claws is so meek and boring this game hes got to be town.

Claws

Mastermind
They remind me of valentines day and i dont like valentines day.

Unvote:
Vote: Divasmurf

Claws is so meek and boring this game hes got to be town.
Thats cute i was about to say how rude but the fox may burn me at the stake

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
How good are you with your vote on Mazer? Sort of or kind of?

I could join you if you get someone to second that.

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
So happy this game has 72h days. If it was only 48 i dont think we could make it.

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I copped him in my dreams and hes definatly a scumbag
Yeah there is something about Mazer. Got an itch a weird one.

Anyone want to vote Mazer? Abbis law is still waiting for its comeback. Spots still open , options many there are.

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Crumbs are a matter of taste. I dont like them in general. Its more likely for mean people to laugh at crumb eaters than the nutrition benefit.

Nightingale

Administrator
Thats cute i was about to say how rude but the fox may burn me at the stake
Nah. It was very rude. How dare he say you're town. Laaaaaaaaaame.

Annnnnnyway. Guess no one wants to yeet an absent Void. Shame.
Unvote: Void
Vote: LDG

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Talking about lame =D

Same thing get a second on ldg and i can join.

Somethings gotta give.

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Wow someone actually is.

Scum mazer is a bigger threat than scum ldg but wild west out here.

Unvote:
Vote: LDG

Nightingale

Administrator
Nah. Things have to actually have been going *somewhere* for them to swing *from* -- this is the somewhere.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Most people fail at reading even when they do it. Can't fail if you don't try, that's my motto!
I have never quit a book before the final page. I read all citations and trademarks. No print is left behind.

No published work unfinished.

Top Bottom