Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 1 - Throne of Suspicion

Vote: Foxxi

Im pretty certain that BN tornado'd me and Foxxi last night. If she was bleeding she'd have bled to death because the heal would have landed on me. I know this based on my own night action targeting me. I think she lied about the bleeding to try buy cred.

How could Blind Ninja - who flipped Chronomancer - use tornado if that is the court wizard's ability?

Is your query genuine or is it coming from scum or an opportunistic evil neutral?

MTR's response to Foxxi living is a classic scum response.

Voting people without explanation at the start of day is sometimes an implicit watcher/tracker/cop claim so it was unclear.

Nightingale

Administrator

Im pretty certain that BN tornado'd me and Foxxi last night. If she was bleeding she'd have bled to death because the heal would have landed on me. I know this based on my own night action targeting me. I think she lied about the bleeding to try buy cred.
First of all - I was very much bleeding; and the person who healed me will know they prevented me from dying. Secondly, BN was a Chronomancer, he could not have used tornado on the two of us. Third - I find it extremely interesting that I express suspicion of you at the end of the last phase and you come in hot and ready to accuse me of lying about bleeding.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
What even is this?
It was me reading through the abilities of each card to see who could do what happened last night. Because my role lets me know exactly what happened. I just put the wrong title to the ability. Surely you can work that out

Nightingale

Administrator
Also, I am suspecting our 3pK may be a reaper at this point. I knew it felt like BN was suddenly very quiet yesterday, and then him dying at the end of this phase makes me think he had been reaped

Nightingale

Administrator
It was me reading through the abilities of each card to see who could do what happened last night. Because my role lets me know exactly what happened. I just put the wrong title to the ability. Surely you can work that out
Except I was absolutely bleeding, and was healed. And the person who healed me knows they kept me alive. So either you are deliberately trying to pull something- or you are just flat wrong. And again, the fact I was already beginning to be suspicious of you, and now suddenly this... I am now extremely suspicious. The only thing giving me pause right now is that it feels too badly executed.

Nightingale

Administrator

Waitaminute. No. There is so much more wrong with this. First of all the only role you could be claiming that would get action feedback would be the Noble. But even if that's what you are, you cannot self target with most abilities unless they specify you can - so you couldn't have used your action on yourself to know you had been busdriven with anyone - and even if you could you wouldn't know who that busdrive was with. And if you meant you used it on me, and it landed back on you couldn't have know that was what happened with the sort of feedback that gives. You would have gotten "your target was redirected." And "your target was busdriven" -- so you could feasibly argue that the heal should have gone somewhere else -- but again would have no way to know who the other busdrive target was.

None of what you are trying to say happened makes any sense at all.

Nightingale

Administrator
@Listo95 -- am I missing something about the roles somewhere? Is there any way Xan could actually know that he and I specifically were swapped, because the only action feedback I see is the Noble, and I don't see any way it could tell him both of the targets of a tornado effect.

Listo95

@Listo95 -- am I missing something about the roles somewhere? Is there any way Xan could actually know that he and I specifically were swapped, because the only action feedback I see is the Noble, and I don't see any way it could tell him both of the targets of a tornado effect.
I’d need to know the feedback he got to be able to figure it out tbh.

Nightingale

Administrator
And I have been reading over cards trying to see how he could possibly know both targets of a tornado, and maybe I am missing something, but I don't see how.

Listo95

And I have been reading over cards trying to see how he could possibly know both targets of a tornado, and maybe I am missing something, but I don't see how.
Only way for him to have targeted himself if he was nado’d was for him to target you, but in that case you’d have likely died.

More than likely he’s lying but it’s hard to say

Nightingale

Administrator
I can see a couple of explanations for where a tornado hit me and I still live. If someone made the healer immune to redirect would be the main one, possibly another redirect on the healer back to me? Not sure the order of that.

I'm more concerned with why he thinks he knows it was specifically the two of us that were swapped

Listo95

I can see a couple of explanations for where a tornado hit me and I still live. If someone made the healer immune to redirect would be the main one, possibly another redirect on the healer back to me? Not sure the order of that.

I'm more concerned with why he thinks he knows it was specifically the two of us that were swapped
Well if he targeted you but hit himself he’s know both targets.

Nightingale

Administrator
Well if he targeted you but hit himself he’s know both targets.
Hmmmmm.... I may have been looking at it wrong. If he would have gotten some kind of "player is.." response but got that for himself, then yeah.... that would make sense

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Why would court wizard tornado you last night unless they would want you to die. And wouldnt it make more sense for them to tornado you with themselves to take a heal? It is really unlikely that scum would make a kill attempt on a bleeding out target.

Listo95

Why would court wizard tornado you last night unless they would want you to die. And wouldnt it make more sense for them to tornado you with themselves to take a heal? It is really unlikely that scum would make a kill attempt on a bleeding out target.
Pretty much.

Nightingale

Administrator
I mean yeah. But I have seen some strange action choices made by people before in games. The idea that a wizard would try that is honestly the least confusing part about this claim.

Nightingale

Administrator
And ehhhhh... even the idea of getting results for himself, doesn't mean he and I were swapped. Someone could have just redirected him back at himself and he's assuming that means we were swapped. That actually seems highly likely. A drunk could have just made him target himself.

Listo95

And ehhhhh... even the idea of getting results for himself, doesn't mean he and I were swapped. Someone could have just redirected him back at himself and he's assuming that means we were swapped. That actually seems highly likely. A drunk could have just made him target himself.
That is prolly the more likely thing to occur.

Nightingale

Administrator
I cannot decide if Xan is town that just jumped to conclusions or not... on the one had it feels like a very poorly crafted accusation, and what would be the point? Say he succeeded in getting me yeeted, the moment I flip he'd be sus. Maybe he thought he could talk his way out of it, but it seems like an extreme play with not a lot of pay off. On the other hand it feels way too prepared. Day began, and in only seven minutes he saw I hadn't died to the bleed, supposedly that his own action had hit himself, read through all the possibilities of what could have happened, and concluded that we'd been swapped? Actually now that I type that out, the really short time span does play into jumping to conclusions potentially...

Nightingale

Administrator
Hm. If there is a drunk out there that redirected Xan to himself, or a wizard that tornado'd us - and you are comfortable with it - I would appreciate a whisper so I can determine if he's pulling a stunt here or not.

Who whispered who is publicized at the end of the day. If "X whispered Y" showed up at the end then scum are going to presume that X is the drunk, which means that scum further narrows down who the powerful TPRs could be. We don't want to give information away to scum. I think whispering only makes sense if many players whisper each other on the same day, then scum wouldn't be able to get very useful information out of the end of day "X whispered Y" report.

Nightingale

Administrator
Who whispered who is publicized at the end of the day. If "X whispered Y" showed up at the end then scum are going to presume that X is the drunk, which means that scum further narrows down who the powerful TPRs could be. We don't want to give information away to scum. I think whispering only makes sense if many players whisper each other on the same day, then scum wouldn't be able to get very useful information out of the end of day "X whispered Y" report.
Bleh. You're right. I forgot it was announced. Never-mind that's a terrible idea

Nightingale

Administrator
Unless we picked a person and a whole bunch of people whispered them.... wait no that wouldn't work either. Limit of two whispers received.

Nightingale

Administrator
I looked at the role cards, if BN was killed, he should've had it delayed, so he was probably killed a couple phases ago
Yeah, I am thinking we have a reaper - I mentioned as much a little while ago, the fact he didn't talk at all yesterday is a major clue... the reaper's target doesn't get removed until the end of the next night, but they are dead otherwise... which I presume means no posting.

Jarrod1983

Scum Hunter
maybe thats why people are still dying
Maybe you should stop killing them.

How come you ignored my question last phase. Why vote for me when people drove the vote away for good reason? You didn't have a reason then and have ignored it since. Reminds me of when Andy had you pegged and you'd sorta ignore it.

Just on gut I don't have much trust for you currently.

Vote: FutureHold

ForgottenHold

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Maybe you should stop killing them.

How come you ignored my question last phase. Why vote for me when people drove the vote away for good reason? You didn't have a reason then and have ignored it since. Reminds me of when Andy had you pegged and you'd sorta ignore it.

Just on gut I don't have much trust for you currently.

Vote: FutureHold
what question? Also Foxxi has been defending me all of last phase, Foxxi figured out who I am and I trust Foxxi. I am not the vote to go with

ForgottenHold

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Vote: LemonDemonGirl

If people have reason to believe you're up to no good then I will trust that.

I'm glad people came to their senses and didn't vote me. It's the wrong choice.

@FutureHold I don't like how people expressed their doubt that I am evil but you still vote me. I feel like I might have to pull a Andy and push you hard. Why are you voting for me again? Do you have the best of intentions here? I don't think so.
This one? I was at work all day and I didn't see it. I just didn't change my vote as LDG got fast tracked to a trial.

Badger

“70% Furry, 30% Filthy, 100% Fun”
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah I think Future is on the level here. He’s made a public deal of trying to get hold of Foxxi and can’t see that being scum play.

Not sure what to make of this Xan/Foxxi back-and-forth at the moment.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
No Way Wrestling GIF by AEWonTV

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Fun Yes GIF by Lilly Singh

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Sorry guys, was with my partner after work all day yesterday and wasn't paying attention to my phone. I'll catch up and give some thoughts later.

Nightingale

Administrator
Hrmmmmmm..... That's interesting.

And after sleeping on it, I think I am leaning Xan as town. I just don't think that's how a scum Xan would handle it. For one thing, he couldn't have known if I would have died to that bleed or not before day began, so if he were scum he would have had to have just split second decided "oh look she lived, I'ma accuse her of lying!" I guess he could have decided over the night phase what he would do if I were healed, but meh..I doubt he plotted to accuse me like that.

Nightingale

Administrator
Xan being the target of a restriction though is curious. Why Xan? Who wouldn't want him to be able to defend himself or easily explain what he thinks?

Nightingale

Administrator
And where is listo's vote analysis? Granted the trains where we pardoned MTR and LDG (do we just like pardoning letter names? Lol) may not be as easy to glean info from.... but he didn't bother to do claws either. He's been here, but he's not really participating.

Jarrod1983

Scum Hunter
Xan being the target of a restriction though is curious. Why Xan? Who wouldn't want him to be able to defend himself or easily explain what he thinks?
I was going to ask what if you were right about Xan getting his action reflected back at him and so he's restricted himself.

Then I thought Xan was talking just fine at the beginning of this phase and now he's suddenly restricted. That is quite peculiar if you ask me.

Something isn't adding up.

Nightingale

Administrator
I was going to ask what if you were right about Xan getting his action reflected back at him and so he's restricted himself.

Then I thought Xan was talking just fine at the beginning of this phase and now he's suddenly restricted. That is quite peculiar if you ask me.

Something isn't adding up.
The post restriction is a day action - specifically an ability of either an apostle, fool or scorned class. So we either have a new apostle - which I find to be unlikely since there are only a couple of classes that can even become apostle. Or we always had a fool/scorned and they did an action D1, and then just didn't act after that, which hmmm...
FoS: Satsu

Kareemah

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
she/her
Except I was absolutely bleeding, and was healed. And the person who healed me knows they kept me alive. So either you are deliberately trying to pull something- or you are just flat wrong. And again, the fact I was already beginning to be suspicious of you, and now suddenly this... I am now extremely suspicious. The only thing giving me pause right now is that it feels too badly executed.
Whisper to me who healed u

Nightingale

Administrator
Whisper to me who healed u
First, I have a good guess, but nothing concrete, it's the person who healed me that knows they did thanks to the feedback this game - healers are told if they stopped someone from dying. Secondly, why would I do this? And why would you even ask?

Kareemah

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
she/her
First, I have a good guess, but nothing concrete, it's the person who healed me that knows they did thanks to the feedback this game - healers are told if they stopped someone from dying. Secondly, why would I do this? And why would you even ask?
Because I don’t know if I believe you. Like others have said you could have been lying about this to seem more townlike. And if someone dies and doesn’t get healed, then I’m going to look at you very suspiciously

Nightingale

Administrator
Because I don’t know if I believe you. Like others have said you could have been lying about this to seem more townlike. And if someone dies and doesn’t get healed, then I’m going to look at you very suspiciously
You do realize most deaths are not something you can prepare for - or that anyone except the healer would know they stopped? You wanting to know who that healer is is extremely suspicious.

Nightingale

Administrator
Also... you guys do realize I was saying I am sus that satsu may be fool/scorned... and if he's fool we do not want to be yeeting him

Kareemah

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
she/her
And you can take it as suspicious but I am literally the butler and I asked you to whisper it to me so cult wouldn’t know but u obvi don’t have to

Vote: Xanjori

I'm unconvinced that wasn't a slip. Who knows if Xanjori is actually post restricted or if he is just shat up and was hoping we would think he is post restricted after he realized his screwup. If Xanjori flips scum then I'd take a look at Badger for suggesting the idea. Second guessing ourselves isn't going to get us anywhere.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
I was just musing why the sudden change from normal words to gifs.

Listo95

I'm unconvinced that wasn't a slip. Who knows if Xanjori is actually post restricted or if he is just shat up and was hoping we would think he is post restricted after he realized his screwup. If Xanjori flips scum then I'd take a look at Badger for suggesting the idea. Second guessing ourselves isn't going to get us anywhere.
Vote: Val

-.-

Nightingale

Administrator
I really doubt Xan would have made that bad of an argument as scum. I'm much more sus of Listo who's shown all his trademark scum tells. He's posting enough that people are comfortable with calling him "active" - but the content of those posts is lacking. He only even offered any thoughts on the actual state of the game when I directly asked him to. Hasn't done any of his vote analysis. Do. Not. Like.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
I have been going back and forth on who to go with and still not sure at this point. As far as Xan having a post restriction and the fact he was posting normal before that. Maybe the restriction wasn't in place yet at the time. 🤷

I am leaning more towards voting Listo at this point as well.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Vote Count:

2 - Xanjori (Val #981, Kareemah #989)
1 - Foxxi (Xanjori #894)
1 - Listo (Foxxi #960)
1 - Val (Listo #984)

With 15 players alive, majority for nomination is 8 votes on a single player.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him

Tom Hanks Dipshit GIF

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
I really doubt Xan would have made that bad of an argument as scum. I'm much more sus of Listo who's shown all his trademark scum tells. He's posting enough that people are comfortable with calling him "active" - but the content of those posts is lacking. He only even offered any thoughts on the actual state of the game when I directly asked him to. Hasn't done any of his vote analysis. Do. Not. Like.
Im Onto You Green Bay Packers GIF by Martellus Bennett's Text Back Pack

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Yeah Listo seems to be helpful on mechanics but not so much reads.

Vote: Listo

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Ey Listo, if someone attacks someone with bleed would they be told is they started to bleed or they are immune to bleed? I mean by a mod.

Nightingale

Administrator
Ey Listo, if someone attacks someone with bleed would they be told is they started to bleed or they are immune to bleed? I mean by a mod.
I know you asked listo - but I can tell you; I was informed I was bleeding by the mod, at the beginning of N2. I presume if someone is immune then they get told nothing.

Top Bottom