Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 1 - Throne of Suspicion

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Foxxi, out of curiosity, if someone was converted last night, who do you think it was?

Nightingale

Administrator
Maybe it's claws who's actually the fool XD though if he were, I expect someone else would be restricted today already, so maybe not.

Nightingale

Administrator
Foxxi, out of curiosity, if someone was converted last night, who do you think it was?
I've been trying to figure out which way I think Mazer would play it. My first thoughts, which I had in the last night phase was that the power players would be potential targets if they weren't scum already. You, myself, mazer specifically. Coming into today I know it wasn't me, and Mazer already was cult. I have been hesitant on you because that gimmick is perfect cover, but at the same rate, I'm not sure if he'd go for the obvious targets that people would expect. CWE suspected badger for that reason early on, and the interactions I've had with badger make me feel that's not the case either. So I'm kinda beginning leaning into the possibility that he may have chosen someone that people are likely to ignore - the goal of a cult is to outgrow in numbers, and you can't do that if the people you recruit are going to be targets for being obvious recruits.

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
If it were me, I'd go for the new player given how unlikely it is for the new player to be targeted as early as N1. Though I can't say if Mazer would do that as well.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Potentially. What is your take or thoughts on what you think he might do in this scenario?
Honestly, I feel a lot of his decision would come down to who he would like to plot with. Which means he'd probably pick people he thinks can wolf well, but would also probably try to find someone he hasn't been scum with. Or at least has less experience being scum with.

If he wanted to play it safe on N1, he'd probably pick someone low-key but effective like Val. But if he did the above, I'm not sure the first person I'd think he'd gravitate to, as I'd have to cross reference who he's scammed with how often and allat.

Kareemah

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
she/her
It's possible I suppose - but the bear only kills if the hunter is targeted for a kill, and Lora as the sellsword didn't have any way to kill. So the only death that could have been due to that would have been Mazer, which would mean Mazer tried to kill Lora and someone who is a hunter (it's worth remembering that roles are not unique, there *could* be multiples)
Wait are we allowed to say our roles or does that make us a target

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
I would pick someone down in the middle, maybe MTR if he wasn't targeted heavily yesterday, or Claws
Disagree strongly on it being Claws, I think Claws always has an unfortunate habit of drawing too much flak.

Jarrod1983

Scum Hunter
No reason? Man you are scummy
I don't want a tie if it involves me.

I don't like that you keep saying I'm scum when I'm not.

I feel more at ease with the people on your train.

I wanted to see how long it'd take for you to call me scum after I changed my vote.

You don't like Wayne Gretzky.

Sufficient?

Claws

Mastermind
Honestly, I feel a lot of his decision would come down to who he would like to plot with. Which means he'd probably pick people he thinks can wolf well, but would also probably try to find someone he hasn't been scum with. Or at least has less experience being scum with.

If he wanted to play it safe on N1, he'd probably pick someone low-key but effective like Val. But if he did the above, I'm not sure the first person I'd think he'd gravitate to, as I'd have to cross reference who he's scammed with how often and allat.
I would think he would of recruited you if he had the chance

Claws

Mastermind
I don't want a tie if it involves me.

I don't like that you keep saying I'm scum when I'm not.

I feel more at ease with the people on your train.

I wanted to see how long it'd take for you to call me scum after I changed my vote.

You don't like Wayne Gretzky.

Sufficient?
I dont hate it i dont love it either

Claws

Mastermind
Idk i didnt really get into sports it was shoved down my throat by my father

If I was cult I'd recruit LDG. Every other cultist could die but she'd make it to the endgame. Even if people narrowed it down to her by process of elimination they would still second guess themselves.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
If I was cult I'd recruit LDG. Every other cultist could die but she'd make it to the endgame. Even if people narrowed it down to her by process of elimination they would still second guess themselves.
Interesting choice. But I feel with how low-key you play and Xan plays, both of you would likely be good options as well.

Day 2 Nomination - Claws

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Final Day 2 Nomination Vote Count:

6 - Claws (DivaSmurf #408, Psycho #457, Badger #421, Foxxi #475, Jarrod #512, Blind Ninja #521)

4 - Jarrod (Claws #385, LDG #401, Matthieu #413, Future #483)
3 - Xanjori (CWE #317, Val #331, Kareemah #462)

With 17 players alive, majority for nomination is 9 votes on a single player.

-------------------

The action was in the stands today. One patron kept spilling his mead all over everyone as they were trying to watch the game. Interrupting the King's event? Well, that's ground for treason. The crowd grabbed Claws and threw him onto a bench and crowded around him.

"Tell us why you ain't a suspicious one...and make it good."

Claws is now on trial.

-------------------

All votes have been reset. You may now vote for execution or pardon

Day 2 will end at 8:00pm ET on Jan 15th or when majority is reached on Execute or Pardon.

With 16 people eligible for this trial, majority is 9 votes.

morrison

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
Vote: Claws

"This or Listo, I think. Foxxi has hinted at leaving Jarrod be, and I don't feel great about chopping Diva due to recent games and the fact she's actually participating right now.

I'm open to other options, but nothing else really stands out as not right to me."
what's with the quotation marks?

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
@Kareemah Be careful to blindly trust anyone. This is a game of lies/deceit. Not saying that Claws isnt the paladin and actually checked you N1, but I find it odd that is the way he went with a new player. It just doesnt seem believable to me.

Kareemah

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
she/her
@Kareemah Be careful to blindly trust anyone. This is a game of lies/deceit. Not saying that Claws isnt the paladin and actually checked you N1, but I find it odd that is the way he went with a new player. It just doesnt seem believable to me.
I know to be aware of that but I completely agree, I’m new and I’ve made it pretty obvious which side I’m on (I could be lying but I’m not) is there a way to prove this? If he actually checked me could he whisper what my role is to see if he’s lying or not? I’m just iffy about potentially losing a paladin

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
I know to be aware of that but I completely agree, I’m new and I’ve made it pretty obvious which side I’m on (I could be lying but I’m not) is there a way to prove this? If he actually checked me could he whisper what my role is to see if he’s lying or not? I’m just iffy about potentially losing a paladin
Paladin cannot tell your role, just if you are cult or not.

You are a "safe" target to claim he checked. I dont think thats how he would actually play that role.

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
The main thing giving me pause is that the cult lost its leader on the very first night and the paladin role is guaranteed to be in the game as a consequence of the existence of a cult. As such, this might be little more than an attempt to expose the role if Claws is the one to have inherited Mazer's responsibilities and role.

So in the event that Claws is lying and trying to bait the real paladin into coming forward with a claim, please don't expose yourself.

Badger

“70% Furry, 30% Filthy, 100% Fun”
Pronouns
he/him
This is what I’m wondering as well.

@FoxxiMcLeod what do you make of the claim?

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
The main thing giving me pause is that the cult lost its leader on the very first night and the paladin role is guaranteed to be in the game as a consequence of the existence of a cult. As such, this might be little more than an attempt to expose the role if Claws is the one to have inherited Mazer's responsibilities and role.

So in the event that Claws is lying and trying to bait the real paladin into coming forward with a claim, please don't expose yourself.
Agree with this.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
I still wonder about mtr.
i think i have listo figured
grae claimed.
Pretty sure i know what you are
maybe diva xans pretty Weak too
Future im unsure about
Why havent you left any breadcrumbs about your N1 check when making reads today then Claws?

Nightingale

Administrator
I don't trust it. Xan is right that the lack of any indication he trusted Kareemah even slightly, feels off. Not even a word that I recall off the top of my head about her.

Vote: Execute

Claws

Mastermind
@Claws Why did you target kareemah? If you give a satisfactory answer, I  might not execute you
Being a new player i decided it would be an easy d1 choice and if by chance turned up cult i could get them later i figured they were less likely to be looked at by others for the same reason of being new

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Didnt need to kareems not been in trouble why put in a spotlight
But you ultimately know kareemah is blue dragon (assuming that's what you're implying with this claim), so why wouldn't you have her in your townreads?

Claws

Mastermind
But you ultimately know kareemah is blue dragon (assuming that's what you're implying with this claim), so why wouldn't you have her in your townreads?
Because i didnt want to draw attention of there for sure town ending in a early kill their new

Nightingale

Administrator
Because i didnt want to draw attention of there for sure town ending in a early kill their new
Do you really think just saying you think she's town would make her more of a target than any of the other people who anyone has expressed trust for? By that logic I shouldn't have bothered to say I don't think jarrod killed anyone - now he's a target?

Claws

Mastermind
Do you really think just saying you think she's town would make her more of a target than any of the other people who anyone has expressed trust for? By that logic I shouldn't have bothered to say I don't think jarrod killed anyone - now he's a target?
Saying it would also out myself

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
Most ppl wont kill new ppl early... You claiming to have checked her doesnt even put her in a bad light or really a target.

The choice to go after the new blood because you didnt want to be seen/watched.... Just feels way off base for you.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
Saying it would also out myself
You could easily do a read list of say half the players or all and put her in a lean town area and not really bring much attention... you went the wrong way if you wanted to keep her out of peoples eyes

Listo95

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
Unvote: claws

Psycho's vote puts him at L-1 -- let's give everyone a chance to chime in
Appreciate you giving room. This is where my vote would be as well, but didnt want to end the day before people had a chance to come in and say something

Town doesn't win by pardoning people. Town's only way to eliminate scum is to lynch. No lynches = no town win. Even if town is lynched, you are still narrowing down the scum through by building up a voting record. There is no reason to pardon a player unless we are certain he is town. If you have a night action then you should be using it to lay the groundwork to clear yourself later when you go on trial.

Listo95

Town doesn't win by pardoning people. Town's only way to eliminate scum is to lynch. No lynches = no town win. Even if town is lynched, you are still narrowing down the scum through by building up a voting record. There is no reason to pardon a player unless we are certain he is town. If you have a night action then you should be using it to lay the groundwork to clear yourself later when you go on trial.
Well not in this game. There’s the Hunter, Prince, Knight, Chrono can technically kill. Then you also have the alch if one exists to maybe kill. There are plenty of ways to kill scum in these games besides just lynching. Now getting info? That’s a lot less especially since cult classes can easily fake other roles for a few nights. Like I said before we could possibly only have 1 Paladin as all of our investigative roles.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Sorry for lack of posts. Been busy. Trying to catch up.

So I am going to lean towards believing claws just because it feels like when he gets called out and what not sometimes he gets frustrated and just goes and ahead and gives away who he is.

That being said there are some valid points being made against what he is saying. So a bit torn

Now if he is who he says he is then I am not a fan of giving that way early since it is an investigative role and can be useful and if we don't kill him here then he will either get killed or maybe recruited.

So I am going to go ahead and go pardon this time around.
Vote: pardon

Day 2 Trial - Claws executed

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Vote Count:

9 - Execute (Val #536, Kareemah #548, Badger #551, Matthieu #552, CWE #553, Jarrod #558, Psycho #567, Blind Ninja #580, Xanjori #582)

2 - Pardon (Future #[POST]574[/POST, MTR #579]

With 16 players valid for this trial, majority is 9 votes.

—-------------

The crowd had a discussion on whether or not Claws deserved death for his transgressions. He mounted a defense and sought to assuage their fears, as he was the Paladin who would protect them all. The crowd cocked their heads at him and rushed him. They didn’t care about the politics, they just wanted revenge for the guy who spilled their mead. Claws was tossed over the arena into the sword pit. He attempted to stand, but was unable to as his head had already been cleaved by one of the star knights. You guessed it, Ser Bertholdt.

Claws, playing as The Cult Leader, has been executed by the court.

—-------------

Badger was seen whispering to Foxxi.
Foxxi was seen whispering to Badger.
Badger was seen whispering to Foxxi.
Foxxi was seen whispering to Badger.

—-------------

It is now Night 2. Night 2 will end on January 16th at 8:00pm ET or when all night actions are submitted. Actions must be submitted by 6:00pm ET for them to be valid.[/POST]

Day 3 Start

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
The night came and went with all of the different participants performing deeds for their cause. Each wondering if they’d awaken to any further deaths. When the sun rose, they all congregated in the pavilion to begin this day's event and see who amongst them was gone. However, it seemed everyone showed up ready to take part in the sword fighting event.

—---------------------

Living Players:

1. Morrison - King

2. Xanjori
3. Kareemah
4. CWE
5. Psycho666Soldier
6. Badger
7. MTR
8. Foxximcleod
9. Val the Moofia Boss
10. Blind "Alchemist" Ninja
11. Matthieu
12. FutureHold
13. LemonDemonGirl
14. Listo95
15. DivaSmurf
16. Jarrod1983

It is now Day 3. Day 3 will end at 8:00pm ET on Jan 18th. The first nomination phase will end at 8:00pm ET on Jan 17th or when majority is reached. With 16 players alive, majority for nomination is 9.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
200.gif

Nightingale

Administrator
Whelp. I have a parting gift from Claws. At least I assume it was him and not Grae - I'm bleeding.

Nightingale

Administrator
If Mazer recruited N1 - then whoever that was couldn't recruit again last night, they would have to kill. And they have to kill two people, plus there's still a 3p killer too. So where are all the deaths? Makes me wonder if Mazer actually did kill N1 and yeeting Claws meant he never got a chance to try to recruit and the cult is just gone. But then we're still missing the 3p kill in that scenario.

Listo95

Whelp. I have a parting gift from Claws. At least I assume it was him and not Grae - I'm bleeding.
Bleed is a day action, so he must have told the newest CL to do it for the next day phase. Which... I also guess does still count as a gift from him!

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Oh yeah O was just taunting Claws there lol.

Hopefully someone out there heals your bleeding. Other than that, anyone got anything?
EVWOP Oh yeah I was taunting Claws there lol

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
I probably won't bother using my bleed ability unless we end up with one of those situations where we catch out two players at once or someone manages to convince me it's worth using.

Maybe to help deal with persistent lurkers?

Nobody dying might mean someone was converted instead? Assuming the cult successfully recruited someone on N1. As much as I'd like to hope that we've eliminated the cult I don't think they'd have avoided recruiting someone on N1.

Unless anyone has anything specific to reveal then we might have a lead in the form of people who didn't really weigh in much during D2? It's not like there wasn't anything to discuss at the time.

Listo95

I probably won't bother using my bleed ability unless we end up with one of those situations where we catch out two players at once or someone manages to convince me it's worth using.

Maybe to help deal with persistent lurkers?

Nobody dying might mean someone was converted instead? Assuming the cult successfully recruited someone on N1. As much as I'd like to hope that we've eliminated the cult I don't think they'd have avoided recruiting someone on N1.

Unless anyone has anything specific to reveal then we might have a lead in the form of people who didn't really weigh in much during D2? It's not like there wasn't anything to discuss at the time.
Recruit has a 1 night CD, no recruit was possible last night if a CL existed.

Nightingale

Administrator
He must've done it right as day ended then.
The OP specifies that someone isn't told they are bleeding until the end of the phase, so there's no way to know when Claws decided to stick his claws into me- I just got told as night began.

Top Bottom