Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 1 - Throne of Suspicion

Kareemah

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
she/her
If someone were to be town, how does one let other town people know that they are town, likewise for scum, Hypothetically speaking

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Its day 1... what do you expect? You knew coming in you'd likely be a target.

You havent done anything to make me think you are town. But by the same token, dont have you as either scum faction
I am both surprised and not surprised. Other times I thought people would come after me early and didn't so honestly wasn't sure what to expect.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
But for real

Vote: Pardon

MTR and I have a longform distancing agenda that gets completely ruined if he's outed today. So nah.

Y'all should have been looking at juicy misyeet Foxxi

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Vote: execute u guys said that mtr is ruthless, and I’m unsure if he is cult or not but I would feel more comfortable if I didn’t have to worry about a mass murderer in the streets
I like your gusto. You can stay in my pocket for like 10 games.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
If someone were to be town, how does one let other town people know that they are town, likewise for scum, Hypothetically speaking
The default is that everyone should be assumed to be town essentially. The only way you can let someone else know you're town is...to be towny. And that's such a nebulous thing that's different for different people that there's no clearcut way.

But usually the best you can do is just post and say what you're thinking, even if you think it's dumb or not right or you're not too confident. If you're town, your general energy will show it.

Scum have to be more tactical in letting each other know and usually involves either subtext or letting your votes show who's side you're on. Which of course can get you caught. Though most of the time, the games we play have all of scum knowing who each other is so it's more about looking towny.

In which case, you just post a bunch and hope you look invested enough to not get chopped.

Like I'm doing right now with this late flood of posts. I'll get cred for being active and those less likely to scrutinize me are gonna write me off as town, even though I'm clearly scum.

Just look at me howl

dog howl GIF

Kareemah

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
she/her
The default is that everyone should be assumed to be town essentially. The only way you can let someone else know you're town is...to be towny. And that's such a nebulous thing that's different for different people that there's no clearcut way.

But usually the best you can do is just post and say what you're thinking, even if you think it's dumb or not right or you're not too confident. If you're town, your general energy will show it.

Scum have to be more tactical in letting each other know and usually involves either subtext or letting your votes show who's side you're on. Which of course can get you caught. Though most of the time, the games we play have all of scum knowing who each other is so it's more about looking towny.

In which case, you just post a bunch and hope you look invested enough to not get chopped.

Like I'm doing right now with this late flood of posts. I'll get cred for being active and those less likely to scrutinize me are gonna write me off as town, even though I'm clearly scum.

Just look at me howl

dog howl GIF
Ohhh okay, that makes sense thank you! Objective = be towny regardless of role, Coolio. And no way a puppy like that can be scum 😍

Badger

“70% Furry, 30% Filthy, 100% Fun”
Pronouns
he/him

Not enough evidence to warrant an execution at this early stage plus wary that others may have been targeting him early to make him look bad given the last game.

Nightingale

Administrator
Okay lets get real for a moment and move on past the last game. We had our fun and showed that you guys can get me and not let me get away with it again. New game and not a SK. I am a blue dragon and have a useful role. Yes I know everyone says this though. I can help us find the actual people we need to put on trial and get rid of.
Post tone can be misleading, but I feel this is genuine. I'm also not particularly thrilled with how blood thirsty several people seem to be for you with little more than memes for reasons, so

Nightingale

Administrator
Tbh im not in the right mindset to read them atm which card would you recommend.

2nd note why defend him when he could be bluffing
The classes that could have done that to him. There are only a few. But because I am in a generous mood I will tell you - they specify that if the player is on trial then they no longer have to follow the restriction.

Nightingale

Administrator
Yeah, I don't see anything in the OP that says if we execute incorrectly we can't vote the next day. And I remembered the fool card had something, but even it wouldn't outright stop voting, but it would have to be unanimous... which realistically does mean it wouldn't likely happen. But that would only be if MTR is the fool, and considering the goal of the fool is to be executed and he is pleading not to be.... I doubt that's his role.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
I have a bunch of thoughts and bookmarks I've already laid out, but I'm gonna reserve that info until later. Kinda dripfeed it in over the days to let me sink under the radar while looking active. Should keep me from getting chopped too soon without drawing too much attention with "towny" Psycho.

I'll probably post something similar to this in the thread. You know, except cutting out the dripfeed and sinking under the radar stuff.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
If I finish the pardon, that doesn't actually speed things up right?

We're still on the 8 est schedule for next phase?

Claws

Mastermind
The classes that could have done that to him. There are only a few. But because I am in a generous mood I will tell you - they specify that if the player is on trial then they no longer have to follow the restriction.
Right except what if he just did it for the luls? He knew he was likely a target he likely read the roles idk

CWE

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I have a bunch of thoughts and bookmarks I've already laid out, but I'm gonna reserve that info until later. Kinda dripfeed it in over the days to let me sink under the radar while looking active. Should keep me from getting chopped too soon without drawing too much attention with "towny" Psycho.

I'll probably post something similar to this in the thread. You know, except cutting out the dripfeed and sinking under the radar stuff.
You made my scum list about 12 hours ago...

Day 1 Trial - MTR Pardoned

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Vote Count:

Pardon - 10 (Matthieu #166, Future #167, Listo #185, CWE #190, Diva #192, Psycho #204, Badger #219, LDG #220, Foxxi #221, Jarrod #235)

Execute - 3 (Kareemah #178, Val #214, Lora #218)
Abstain - 1 (Claws #230)

With 18 players valid for this trial, majority is 10 votes.

---------------

It was now MTR's turn at the joust. Both riders ran down each other and MTR's shield held and deflected the blow. The group had decided to not make him face Ser Bertholdt after all and give him a fighting chance in the tournament.

MTR has been pardoned.

--------------

Foxxi was seen whispering to Listo
Listo was seen whispering to Foxxi
Foxxi was seen whispering to Listo
Listo was seen whispering to Foxxi

--------------

It is now Night 1. Night 1 will end at 8:00pm ET (GMT-5) on January 13th or if all actions are submitted by 7:00pm ET (GMT-5) today. The deadline to submit actions after today is 6:00pm ET.

No chat allowed in thread. Thread will be locked.

Last edited:

Listo95

Yeah, I don't see anything in the OP that says if we execute incorrectly we can't vote the next day. And I remembered the fool card had something, but even it wouldn't outright stop voting, but it would have to be unanimous... which realistically does mean it wouldn't likely happen. But that would only be if MTR is the fool, and considering the goal of the fool is to be executed and he is pleading not to be.... I doubt that's his role.
Loyal Subjects passive for starting good king. “If you are executed the court will be unable to accuse anyone of treason the next day”

Day 2 Begin - 17 players alive

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
As many wished for a quiet night and a tournament without any issues, they all knew it would not be so simple. They all set out amongst their ways, performing tasks and hopefully enhancing their goals and lofty ambitions.

Lora was going to take matters into his own hands. He had a goal in mind and was tired of dealing with the regime in the land. He snuck into the food storage of the tournament and started to take out phials he had gotten from the local apothecary. Before he could spike the food, a blade came across his throat and he fell over dead.

Lora, playing as the Sellsword, has been killed and no logbook was found

Across the pavilion, Mazer was sneaking through the tents, singing songs from different era specific musicals such as “The Beauty of the Joust.” He just really wanted to share his love of music. But he was quite off key and as he was skipping down the lane, an arrow protruded from his back, followed by sixteen more. Mazer fell to the ground as a pincushion.

Mazer, playing as the Cult Leader, has been killed and no logbook was found

—---------------------

Living Players:

1. Morrison - King

2. Xanjori
3. Kareemah
4. CWE
5. Psycho666Soldier
6. Badger
7. Clawsin
8. MTR
9. Foxximcleod
10. Val the Moofia Boss
11. Blind "Alchemist" Ninja
12. Matthieu
13. FutureHold
14. LemonDemonGirl
15. Listo95
16. DivaSmurf
17. Jarrod1983

It is now Day 2. Day 2 will end at 8:00pm ET on Jan 15th. The first nomination phase will end at 8:00pm ET on Jan 14th or when majority is reached. With 17 players alive majority is 9.

Last edited:

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Awesome. Oh Maze you devil! 🤣

Even funnier if the neutral and cult killed each other.

Nightingale

Administrator
That is an excellent start!

Also. I don't trust Listo, I have suspicions he may have been responsible for MTR yesterday.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
The mind goes to a venn diagram of people who would immediately enact an ability and those who would target mtr.

The second circle would include scum from last game and members of the house
He may have been kidding with this post tbf but possibly this and the fact Lora wanted MTR dead makes me feel better on MTR and House members for now anyway.

Nightingale

Administrator
He may have been kidding with this post tbf but possibly this and the fact Lora wanted MTR dead makes me feel better on MTR and House members for now anyway.
Well Lora was 3p - who he wanted dead doesn't actually mean anything for those people since Lora wouldn't have known anything about them one way or the other. But Mazer's comments do lead in the direction that they may not be aligned. And knowing now that we have a cult, it is entirely possible we have an apostle and Mazer may have been responsible for the restriction on MTR. Or well, whoever Mazer's buddy is since Mazer was the cult leader.

Nightingale

Administrator
It's also important to note that Mazer very likely recruited someone last night. The cult leader can either recruit or kill, but if he had chosen to kill there would have been two targets that died. Although it is possible Lora was one, and the second was prevented - but meh.

Nightingale

Administrator
Was more in response to all the people voting you.
Which reminds me - why are you assuming Morri is a good king? I mulled this over through the night and eventually remembered/realized it's impossible to have tmi on the king's alignment - so your comment was just you assuming things... but why?

morrison

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
that would make sense.

but mtr was already on trial, no one was talking about me anymore, you followed it up with the pardon vote, and directly cited the good king passive in response to foxxi's post that mentions mtr by name...

Claws

Mastermind
I always enjoy putting the "good king" in spotlight if you were to have sum1 trialed who would it be? Why

Listo95

Which reminds me - why are you assuming Morri is a good king? I mulled this over through the night and eventually remembered/realized it's impossible to have tmi on the king's alignment - so your comment was just you assuming things... but why?
Cause people seemed to really want to lynch the king on D1. It was more of a warning obviously.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Mazer was doing his town meta with Claws and me. He would’ve more likely recruited someone else then try and throw me under the bus.

Nightingale

Administrator
Also, Lora dying sucks. He hasn't played in months since he won't play on rajah, and now he's dead N1. I can't decide if that's got MMOC fingerprints or not. On one hand I feel like our crew would for the most part know that and leave him alone. On the other hand I don't see why the rajah folks would bother to target him. And if Mazer didn't recruit and picked Lora as one of the kill targets... I don't see why he would? Pretty sure Mazer has wanted to play with Lora, he'd probably be more inclined to attempt to recruit him than kill him.

Nightingale

Administrator
Mazer was doing his town meta with Claws and me. He would’ve more likely recruited someone else then try and throw me under the bus.
Why would any of that be throwing you under the bus? It's only bus throwing if you're aligned? Unless you mean you think he was trying to shade you D1 and are saying he wouldn't bother to recruit you because of that?

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Also, Lora dying sucks. He hasn't played in months since he won't play on rajah, and now he's dead N1. I can't decide if that's got MMOC fingerprints or not. On one hand I feel like our crew would for the most part know that and leave him alone. On the other hand I don't see why the rajah folks would bother to target him. And if Mazer didn't recruit and picked Lora as one of the kill targets... I don't see why he would? Pretty sure Mazer has wanted to play with Lora, he'd probably be more inclined to attempt to recruit him than kill him.

Yeah I can’t see that being Mazer. Perhaps it was another neutral or even a town vig at play.
Why would any of that be throwing you under the bus? It's only bus throwing if you're aligned? Unless you mean you think he was trying to shade you D1 and are saying he wouldn't bother to recruit you because of that?
That’s exactly what I was meaning. 👍Scum/neutral Mazer tends to favour the psychological tactics and picking faults with my posts if we’re on opposite sides because I wear my heart on my sleeve in these games. I know people like CWE may point to the fact we’re good buddies but it’s not that.

I think he would either go for one of the other power players or perhaps a less active to help his case.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Well Lora was 3p - who he wanted dead doesn't actually mean anything for those people since Lora wouldn't have known anything about them one way or the other. But Mazer's comments do lead in the direction that they may not be aligned. And knowing now that we have a cult, it is entirely possible we have an apostle and Mazer may have been responsible for the restriction on MTR. Or well, whoever Mazer's buddy is since Mazer was the cult leader.
But we already knew there was a cult? Void said so in the opening post.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Oh this is gold. I'm gonna push Listo for a misyeet. How's this post look:

"Barely anyone was voting Morrison and we were already on execute/pardon for MTR

This doesn't really make sense and makes me wonder how much you actually cared about who got eliminated last phase

Vote: Listo"

Nightingale

Administrator
But we already knew there was a cult? Void said so in the opening post.
No we didn't? Where did he say it was a cult? It's always random, either unseen or cult and you don't know immediately. Now the unseen can recruit too - so they kinda still function as a cult, but they aren't actually the cult class

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
No we didn't? Where did he say it was a cult? It's always random, either unseen or cult and you don't know immediately. Now the unseen can recruit too - so they kinda still function as a cult, but they aren't actually the cult class
From the sign-up:

This is a cult style game. I repeat. This is a cult style game.[/b]

Looking at the opening post breakdown, I guess it said it could be unseen or cult, so yeah he didn't outright tell us. But when he said it's a cult-style game, I immediately assumed there would be a cult.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Foxxi's getting too powerful to misyeet. I'll probably have to abort that, but maybe I can play some tinfoil if we leave her alive.

Jarrod is lacking and didn't have a great EOD, so we could probably get traction there, but I get the feeling he's just been busy, so I'd like to give him a chance to at least play.

I'm wondering how long I can extend this pissfight with CWE and see if maybe we can twist that into a misyeet.

Nightingale

Administrator
From the sign-up:
It's a cult *style* game, because both scum types can recruit. One is called the Unseen thou, and the other is actually called the Cult. Players don't know which scum faction is actually in the game at start. They have different roles, and the inclusion of one, means the other does not exist.

I probably shouldn't, but I kinda wanna derp clear you from scum for not being aware of this...

Nightingale

Administrator
Though you could actually be cult and that's why you weren't aware of the possibility that it could have been an unseen game, so meh. Nevermind

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
My words might be more along the line of "tag team".
In Mafia speak, only a tag team if we randed scum together at the start which we have not.

His scum MO would be to get me mislynched as town and be more subtle with the recruitment

Listo95

Oh this is gold. I'm gonna push Listo for a misyeet. How's this post look:

"Barely anyone was voting Morrison and we were already on execute/pardon for MTR

This doesn't really make sense and makes me wonder how much you actually cared about who got eliminated last phase

Vote: Listo"
Oh no im so scared.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
I would kill for lols... but wait til at least n2 or however long it took him to irritate me

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
who do you want me to vote for and why?
"Whomever you suspect. My eye is primarily on Listo right now because I think he's throwing posts into the thread for the sake of looking active rather than actually caring about solving and eliminating threats."

If we can get Blind to help push this, all the better. Let's see how this post does to convince him.

Nightingale

Administrator
Ya'll acting like just because he's the king means he magically knows anything. He knows nothing more than most of us do. Even if he began as a cult king - he won't know who the other cult members are, he'd have to figure that out just like the rest of us. Yes, ask people's thoughts and opinions, including the kings - but don't go assuming that his choices automatically clear or damn him.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah sucks that Lora is out so quickly after not playing in a while. Definitely an interesting start to the game with the deaths that took place during night one.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
"Whomever you suspect. My eye is primarily on Listo right now because I think he's throwing posts into the thread for the sake of looking active rather than actually caring about solving and eliminating threats."

If we can get Blind to help push this, all the better. Let's see how this post does to convince him.
Foxxi thinks he could be the fool. Given his throwaway posts “Would rather be lynched than NKed.” I can see the logic but also rethinking, would someone as savvy as Listo claim a blatant fool like that? Could also be a scum pretending to be a fool laughing at the votes trying to call bluff/scare people off voting?

Question is do we call his bluff if we think he’s trying to call ours? From the fool/jester play I’ve seen on Rajah, they’re usually a bit more subtle.

Nightingale

Administrator
Foxxi thinks he could be the fool. Given his throwaway posts “Would rather be lynched than NKed.” I can see the logic but also rethinking, would someone as savvy as Listo claim a blatant fool like that? Could also be a scum pretending to be a fool laughing at the votes trying to call bluff/scare people off voting?

Question is do we call his bluff if we think he’s trying to call ours? From the fool/jester play I’ve seen on Rajah, they’re usually a bit more subtle.
I was holding onto that, for that reason. It does feel a bit too blatant. Although considering I think I am the only one that actually picked up on it, maybe it wasn't. His behavior has been strange thou, practically taunting Psycho today to attempt to yeet him.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
Ya'll acting like just because he's the king means he magically knows anything. He knows nothing more than most of us do. Even if he began as a cult king - he won't know who the other cult members are, he'd have to figure that out just like the rest of us. Yes, ask people's thoughts and opinions, including the kings - but don't go assuming that his choices automatically clear or damn him.
Im asking people their thoughts to gauge where they are... not because I think he is good or not. Opinions and actions will eventually drive that.

How do you feel about psycho open wolfing?

Listo95

I was holding onto that, for that reason. It does feel a bit too blatant. Although considering I think I am the only one that actually picked up on it, maybe it wasn't. His behavior has been strange thou, practically taunting Psycho today to attempt to yeet him.
I have been helping so much with my knowledge cause mo one can be bothered to read role cards.

Nightingale

Administrator
Im asking people their thoughts to gauge where they are... not because I think he is good or not. Opinions and actions will eventually drive that.

How do you feel about psycho open wolfing?
I haven't decided yet. The fact he just did this in the last game as town bothers me. He could be trying to piggy back off of it being a town thing before to use it as cover this time. But I also don't find his actual posts bother me... just the re-use of the gimmick so soon.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him

Yeah I’ve been going back on forth on it too. It’s a bit mystifying isn’t it?

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
I haven't decided yet. The fact he just did this in the last game as town bothers me. He could be trying to piggy back off of it being a town thing before to use it as cover this time. But I also don't find his actual posts bother me... just the re-use of the gimmick so soon.
the re-use of the gimmick isnt sitting well with me either

Top Bottom