Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 1 - Throne of Suspicion

Game Start

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Welcome to the game thread!

Starting Role Breakdown - 19 player game

1 King
1 Prince
1+ Sheriff or Paladin
9-10 Additional Blue Dragon Members
2 Unseen or Cult Members
1 Neutral Killing
3-4 Other Neutrals

Day/Night Phases In-Depth:

Day/Night will end at 8:00pm ET (GMT-5). Length of phases may be adjusted to compensate. End game phases may start/end earlier depending on game state.

During the first 24 hours of the Day phase (The Nomination Phase), the game will collectively vote on someone they wish to put on trial for treason. The Nomination Phase will last a maximum of 24 hours and will end once a majority is reached on a player. If no majority is reached, the top vote will be put on trial. If sleep is the top vote, the trial phase will be skipped and night will begin. The game can proceed to the trial phase early, if all valid players have voted and the majority is on a single player. Trial phase will then start including the remaining time in the Nomination Phase.

During the second 24 hours of the Day phase (The Trial Phase), the player on trial will be able to mount any type of defense they wish. Others can give reasons why to execute or why not and debate the point. Everyone, except the accused, will vote on whether to Execute, Pardon, or Abstain their vote.

Once a majority has been reached on Execute or Pardon, the Day phase will end. If a majority is not reached, whichever of Execute or Pardon is higher, will be chosen. If there is a tie, the player will be pardoned. If the number of abstentions (or non votes) is greater or equal to the number of votes on the winning train, the player will be pardoned.

If a King is executed or killed, a 24 hour Dawn phase will begin before the next day, where the players can vote upon a new King to take the throne, but beware of promoting a King who is not of Blue Dragon. If majority is not reached by the end of the 24 hour period, no King will be promoted and there will no longer be a King for the remainder of the game. When a new King is elected, Day will begin.

Night Phase will last 24 hours and no talking will be allowed in thread during this time. You can use the general channel in Discord for non-game related chat during night. You have until 5:00pm ET (GMT-5) to submit your night actions each night.

Game Mechanics

1. At the start of the game, one player will be announced as the King. The King will either start as a Good King, Unseen King, or Cult King. This King’s alignment will not be known and you will need to use your social deduction skills to determine if the King is on your side or not.
  2. If the King is removed by vote or killed, the town will come together and vote on a new King during Dawn. After that, the next day will continue.
  3. When there are 6 players remaining, there will be no new elections for King. Trials will also cease to exist at this point.
  4. The Unseen team will start off with The Mastermind and the Assassin and can recruit up to their cap of 3 players. The Cult starts off with The Cult Leader and a randomly chosen Cult class. They can recruit up to their cap of 4 players.
  5. The first conversion done by the Unseen/Cult has increased bad luck protection applied to it. If the conversion fails, a random convertible player (regardless of actions) will be recruited, including the original target if applicable. This will happen after all other actions. This will then go back to the standard 3 day bad luck protection.
  6. All players will be able to keep a logbook. This cannot exceed 100 words and will be released to all players upon your death. This can contain information about your targets, role, things that happened, results, etc. Or it can be used to provide disinformation depending on how roles can obscure and manipulate flips, faking results, etc. Or you can just use it to shitpost/taunt on your death. You can submit one logbook each phase which will lock it in as the newest one. If a logbook is not submitted, none will be flipped or the most recent version submitted will be used.
  7. You will be allowed to whisper another player of your choice 2x per day and receive 2x whispers per day. Whisper length is limited to 280 characters. Any whispers received after that cap or over the length will not be delivered to the player but will count as one of your whispers sent. Whispers can be submitted in discord and will be delivered to that player as the moderator sees/receives them.
  8. The action of whispering from whom and to whom will be revealed to the thread at the end of the day, but not the contents. However, some roles can intercept and read whispers so whisper carefully
  9. If you are occupied, redirected, imprisoned, etc on three different nights, you will become immune to all forms of occupation and redirection. You will not be told when this happens and it will just be passive. This will also not affect the Prince’s imprisonment, but it will count towards your occupation count.
  10. Framed results are Killer/Offensive to the Princess, Unseen to the Sheriff, Cult to the Paladin, and the Observer will see them visiting someone who died that night.
  11. The game will follow typical Mafia feedback. Only roles that need a notification of their action failing will be told.
  12. I recommend reading the roles as some roles are death immune (can be bypassed by other roles and actions), occupy (roleblock) immune, and redirect/conversion immune.

Feedback: This is how some results will return to give you an idea

1. If your action returns results and fails for most reasons, you will be told Action Failed.
  2. If you protect someone and the action fails, you will be told Action Failed. If you are the Physician or Chronomancer, you will be told if your protection was successful if it prevents a kill. If you are attacked and saved by an ability (not death immunity), you will be told but not the role that protected you.
  3. You will be told at the end of the phase if you are bleeding, unless hidden.
  4. Death Immunity does not count as a protection ability and will result in an action fail if it is hit.
  5. There may be some other feedback given to roles, but this is an overarching example.

Rules:

1. No discussing this game with any players outside of the game thread, unless you have a specialized Discord thread to do so.
  2. Please no angleshooting or OGI (out of game information), such as a player’s potential lurking or activity, or seeing they are active in another thread but not Mafia. Focus on the game.
  3. There will be no night chat allowed in the thread. The general chat in Discord will be enabled to allow non-game chat during each night phase.
  4. When a player is executed or pardoned or the timer runs out, please cease all posting as if the day has officially ended by the mod.
  5. All other typical Mafia rules are in play. All actions will follow Natural Action Resolution and unmodified actions of the same type will go first. Conflicting redirections may fail.
  6. Votes MUST be submitted with the vote BBcode or button. I will not count them past Day 1. This is the checkmark on the bar or [.v]/[.vote] BBCodes.

Please feel free to ask any questions in this thread or Discord about the roles/game in general. I will be making a brand new game thread to separate out the game and will do confirmations in discord. Below is the Discord for the game. Please join it and you can look at the roles. This is the same discord I used for previous games so if you are in it already, you are all set, and probably got spammed with the rolecards already.

Discord: https://discord.gg/j2jJDKmqC6

Story:

The medieval town of Faebury had seen better days. It was the bastion of the Blue Dragon. However, they were beset constantly by members of the Unseen and the Cult, as the townfolk tried to keep things safe within their walls. Not a day goes by without some form of incident. Their enemies must have spies inside.

The King has had enough. He made a decree that there were to be a royal tournament and that he himself would be in attendance and participate. He would help root out those who would seek to harm his allies, whether that be the Blue Dragon or the Unseen and Cult. The preparations were put into place and the day of the tournament was set. As expected, the Unseen and Cult would vie to be the ones represented in the tournament so they can finally ruin the Blue Dragon and end their reign over this land. This was too important to put to just their minions. No, the Cult Leader and the Mastermind would show up and guide their people to victory over the Blue Dragon.

Unbeknownst to all others, a select group of neutrals decided this tournament was the perfect place to stretch their legs and achieve their own goals.

The pieces were all in place. Everyone was coming together and this would be the deciding factor in the fate of Faebury and the Blue Dragon. Would they meet their defeat or would they be successful and rid of one of the plagues that scourge their land?

Living Players:

1. Morrison - King
2. Xanjori
3. Kareemah
4. CWE
5. MTR
6. Foxximcleod
7. Val the Moofia Boss
8. Matthieu
9. FutureHold
10. Satsu
11. Jarrod1983

Dead Players:

1. Lora, playing as the Sellsword, has been killed and no logbook was found. (Night 1)
Mazer, playing as the Cult Leader, has been killed and no logbook was found (Night 1)
3. Claws, playing as the Cult Leader, has been killed and no logbook was found (Day 2)
Blind Ninja, playing as the Chronomancer, has been killed and no logbook was found (Night 3)

5. Listo, playing as The Fool, has been executed by the court and a logbook was found. (Day 4)
6. Psycho, playing as The Reaper, has been executed by the King and no logbook was found. (Day 5)
7. Badger, playing as The Apostle, has been killed and a logbook was found. (Day 5)
8. LDG, playing as The Observer, has been executed by the court and no logbook was found. (Day 6)

Day/Night Endings:

Use Reader Mode since it links all of them. Click the button or use link below

https://fosmafia.com/threads/mafia-1-throne-of-suspicion.7/reader/

Current Phase:

It is now Day 7. Day 7 will end on Jan 29th at 8:00pm ET (GMT-5) or when sleep is chosen during the nomination phase or the trial concludes. With 11 players alive, majority is 6 players.

The Starting King is Morrison. All hail King Morrison

Last edited:

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Vote Count:

1 - LDG (Blind Ninja #2)

Not Voting: Morrison, Xanjori, Lora, Kareemah, CWE, Psycho666Soldier, Badger, Claws, MTR, Mazer, Foxximcleod, Val the Moofia Boss, Matthieu, FutureHold, LemonDemonGirl, Listo95, DivaSmurf, Jarrod1983

Listo95

Those are some very nice votes! But our subjects we need to be cautious and not remove and good folks!

Claws

Mastermind
im not really understanding the vendetta from future towards me so ill just play that off as d1 bs

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
But I won't ask it repeatedly.

Unless, I change mind and want to.

Nightingale

Administrator
Vote: MTR
I'd vote Listo, but I guess he should be allowed to actually play this game for a little while.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I think it's because you were worried about listo going early right after he had a long run.

.....or was it?

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Vote Count:

2 - MTR (Future #8, Foxxi #22)
1 - LDG (Blind Ninja #2)

Not Voting: Morrison, Xanjori, Lora, Kareemah, CWE, Psycho666Soldier, Badger, Claws, MTR, Mazer, Val the Moofia Boss, Matthieu, LemonDemonGirl, Listo95, DivaSmurf, Jarrod1983

Last edited:

ForgottenHold

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
MTR might've been hit by the Apostle, a cult role, so he won't confirm he got hit with a post restriction, but if he keeps it up, he won't get occupied.
Or he got hit by the Illusionist, an unseen role, same deal
Or he got hit by the Scorned, same deal but neutral, or even the fool

I hate this game

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Nah nothing is passive. Everything that happens in the game will have come from a role.
Nothing is passive.....except for some od the players
Joke Drummer GIF by Travis

Listo95

MTR might've been hit by the Apostle, a cult role, so he won't confirm he got hit with a post restriction, but if he keeps it up, he won't get occupied.
Or he got hit by the Illusionist, an unseen role, same deal
Or he got hit by the Scorned, same deal but neutral, or even the fool

I hate this game
Can’t be the Illusionist. That’s the converted Mystic class.

Claws

Mastermind
This is assuming hes not fucking with us and there were pregame actions tho

Nightingale

Administrator
This is assuming hes not fucking with us and there were pregame actions tho
There are no pre-game actions. But there are a few roles that can give post restrictions as a day action. MTR's reaction, along with my belief it's unlikely he is the sort to do something like this as a prank, makes me feel we have one of those roles.

Listo95

There are no pre-game actions. But there are a few roles that can give post restrictions as a day action. MTR's reaction, along with my belief it's unlikely he is the sort to do something like this as a prank, makes me feel we have one of those roles.
Like Future said, we either have a cult with a starting apostle, a scorned or a fool.

Lora

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
they/them
Vote: morrison

Fuck the king, off with his head!

Trying to recall how many years it has been since the last ToL game I played. I am not very experienced at them.

Anyway, it's day 1. Anything goes. How about we overthrow the king?

Vote: Morrison

morrison

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
i will say this much...

those odds directly correlate with the availability of a specific brittany murphy gif in the searchable on-forum gif database.

morrison

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
and if you tell me there is a brittany murphy neutral killer joke i will literally run into a wall.

Badger

“70% Furry, 30% Filthy, 100% Fun”
Pronouns
he/him
But I won't ask it repeatedly.

Unless, I change mind and want to.
If thou repeats thyself, thou will get the same answer. No scum here, I ist blue dragon in this fair land!

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Anyway to ye olde business.

So MTR is the first one is the first one hit with a restriction hit by either the apostle, scorned or fool? Some early thoughts/theories.

Potentially a highlighted target after his sk role in the Xmas game so an easy one to point the finger at by the apostle or say a clever neutral like the scorned for example looking to meet their win condition as only one more would need to be executed. Also if he ends up on trial, it could make it harder to defend himself with the restriction imposed.

Of course not dragonsiding him yet but fairest warning of voting too quickly ye good folks!

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
I had fully expected more posts. Just a warning Im on a weird work/sleep schedule but Ill try be active when I am here.

Ive only played one of these games before, so Ill try catch up with exactly how to kill you all and win as we go along.

Also extremely tempted to vote on the guy typing backwards just because its too much effort to read it.

Lora

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
they/them
I'm in Vegas till Saturday so I won't be able to pay as much til at least Sunday. Btw I'm cop pls no lynch kthxbye

Lora

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
they/them
It'd be really funny if this cult game played out how my last cult game did

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
As annoying as post restrictions can be, it's more about finding who is responsible for them instead of who is a victim of them as far as I'm concerned.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
Vote: Foxxi

For changing name/tag in discord, but using Foxxi on the forums... and not having a pfp

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Vote Count:

3 - MTR (Future #8, Foxxi #22, Kareemah #61)
2 - Morrison (Lora #51, Val #53)
1 - Blind Ninja (LDG #60)
1 - Mazer (CWE #62)
1 - Foxxi (Blind Ninja #76)

Not Voting: Morrison, Xanjori, Psycho666Soldier, Badger, Claws, MTR, Mazer, Matthieu, Listo95, DivaSmurf, Jarrod1983

@LemonDemonGirl @Matthieu @Kareemah

Please remember to use the post button (checkmark) or the BBCode to vote. I counted these, but I will not after today.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
Vote Count:

3 - MTR (Future #8, Foxxi #22, Kareemah #61)
2 - Morrison (Lora #51, Val #53)
1 - Blind Ninja (LDG #60)
1 - Mazer (CWE #62)
1 - Foxxi (Blind Ninja #76)

Not Voting: Morrison, Xanjori, Psycho666Soldier, Badger, Claws, MTR, Mazer, Matthieu, Listo95, DivaSmurf, Jarrod1983

@LemonDemonGirl @Matthieu @Kareemah

Please remember to use the post button (checkmark) or the BBCode to vote. I counted these, but I will not after today.
So... guess it doesnt see if there is a vote out by someone... Means we need to unvote 1st?

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
The mind goes to a venn diagram of people who would immediately enact an ability and those who would target mtr.

The second circle would include scum from last game and members of the house

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Vote: Mazer

Easiest. Choice. Ever.
Ya know, you were going soft on him. Without me to remind you, your blood feud would have faded out.

You needed to get hungry again.

A simple "thank you" will suffice.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Whats a venn diagram?
Know those diagrams with the overlapping circles? Group of things in one circle, group of things in the other and where the circles overlap is where things can be in both groups

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Mind maps were also cool in school

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Suss on people who try to verbally describe venn diagrams without just linking a pic.

Lora

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
they/them
Just because I'm doing things doesn't mean I enjoy life.

Top Bottom