Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 14: Quest for Mafia - So you want to be a Hero?

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Definitely something I would watch out for
I’m less inclined to think everyone on me is scum

But some of them might very well be scum

What a series! First claws come out of the indirect kick, by running a classic existential scum musing. We haven't seen such a mad bit of wonderment since the days of Baggio. Then future comes in, calm as you like, and advances with a series of directions changes that would leave Cruyff shaking his head in disbelief, and grasping for his water bottle!

What a display!

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Little bit of dueling cheers from the fans right now.

Let's listen to 3pups fan section, which is lovingly referred to as The Kennel

3PUPS! 3PUPs!
He saves! He cuts!
A blue pill gets him up!

3PUPS! 3PUPS!
He Sheets! He Aims!
He'll be the first to claim!

3PUPS! 3PUPS!

Meanwhile, in the aptly named Litterbox section a more melodic tone rings out:

And backbeat, the word is on the street that the fire in your heart is out
I'm sure you've been voted on before, but we always always have a doubt
I don't believe that anybody reads the way I do on you now

And all the votes we have to see are winding
And all the posts to read on here are blinding
There are many things that I would like to solve for you, but I don't know how

Because maybe
You're gonna be the one that saves we
And after all
You're my WonderClaws

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Sometimes the fans change rhyme scheme midchant. It's always befuddled this commentator, but you can't fault their passion.

Badger

“70% Furry, 30% Filthy, 100% Fun”
Pronouns
he/him
@CWE @Mazer

I’ve done a quick ISO on the former and looking back, yes there is early CWE town fire on the MTR couple. That is early town CWE fire so yes can definitely see where that is coming from. Now maybe this is me asking CWE for more words even though he is not a wordy guy and maybe less is more from him but there was a biiiig gap in the middle (I am taking into account the site breakdown). I made a toad tequila joke and saw CWE lurking at the time but nothing. Then he comes off MTR and goes to Xanjori. There’s a Sherlock Holmes bit in there somewhere. Now I’m null on Xan as admit don’t know his style as well as others but I probably would’ve appreciated at least a few more words explaining why. Now the later part with me probing CWE and then coming at me is more of the true CWE and I’ve played with him for years. I’m number 2 on the guy’s scum list and maybe him and Mazer are equally frustrated but I know Mazer is more a “let’s wait and see” whereas CWE is more impulsive.

I think the big gap in the middle, lack of words and CWE going for MTR right away kinda felt off but if one or both Mazer are town and frustrated with me then yeah it happens.

Sometimes I can be tricky, I’ve done bad things but even if I’m wrong, they should at least both get an idea this is the town me not the scum me. I know the “filthy” rep I’ve taken it in good stride and even with the lovely server @Nightingale built (thank you xx) over the years but being completely honest, the running joke does get a little annoying. It feels like every game since JP needled me like in Mortal Kombat and for many games afterwards (and Jarrod though not here right now STILL won’t Letterkenny go) when I’ve first joined I’ve had to work extra hard to prove I’m town. Randolph is at least more justified because I have legit screwed him but honestly more coincidence where I had to kill him.

Been driven to self-vote in one of the Videoland, modkilled in X-Men because “Oh no he’s filthyyyy”. Maybe I bring it on myself but feels like I’ve been battling a stigma where info or otherwise proves me innocent whereas some (even persona non grata) Peter does fuck all and STILL seen as town whereas I have to do bloody everything! Even Mazer sometimes can’t see it and has to scrutinise me more whereas he can get a town vibe off others right away.

Not asking for special treatment but you know the “filthy” rep does legit get to me.

Anyway been building for a bit and sorry it had to come at the expense of this game but yeah regardless of what you think of my alignment of this game, I just had to let it out.

#movingon#movingon

Claws

Mastermind
International Cat Day Pizza GIF by Storyful

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
@Badger who would you not vote today your top man persay
@3puppies.

Now maybe this is me being lenient and I know I overthink myself, but leaning town. The fact he’s be silly enough to even THINK I’d breadcrumb the Innkeeper D1 when Foxxi made it ultra clear that that is not allowed makes me think he thinks I’m an idiot.

I still think he’s best town at this rate but got me horribly wrong like that time he thought he had info and pushed it to the max but was ohhhh oh so wrong. That plus the Badger gimmick Void/Foxxi landed I got landed in that Harry Potter with means I literally had ZERO chance and I don’t think that was a fair shake. Just adds paranoia to my whole “filthy until proven innocent”

If people think he’s playing dumb I’m willing to listen though.

Dreyski

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
Insaner - feeling much better about him, starting post 167 (less shitposting, more attempting to work things out and engage with different posters. Hope his Russian comment is sarcasm though.

Xan - nothing of real content, but nothing excessively scummy either, mainly single sentences.

MTR - I usually have a hard time reading him. post 40 flat out states what he is going to do, but I'm not sure where his final vote lies. Agree with Tildey about him being a little sassy this game. Like him talking about possible game mechanics (post 228)

ForgottenHold - reads like Xan with a little more content. Says he has a read based off his role and then votes sleep (if it's a town read, why not say it and not say how you got it? If it's a scum read, why not vote that person and then rely on people to join the dots?)

Tildey - Most comments are about MTR/Future votes, then a brief interaction with Claws. I like post 216, and she appears to be townreading future.

From that list, towniest first:
Insaner
Tildey
Future
MTR
Xan

More to come...

Dreyski

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
Badger abandoning gimmick mid-phase pinged me, then he comes up with that big heartfelt post which (I think) he can't pull off as scum.

Listo appearing as you say his name is an odd one. Is it like a Beetlejuice/Candyman thing where he appears if he gets voted?

Vote: Listo

Claws

Mastermind
Badger abandoning gimmick mid-phase pinged me, then he comes up with that big heartfelt post which (I think) he can't pull off as scum.

Listo appearing as you say his name is an odd one. Is it like a Beetlejuice/Candyman thing where he appears if he gets voted?

thats pretty nai for listo

Badger

Pronouns
he/him

“I think”

This is exactly what I’m talking about. Regardless of this game or not, I just

”I think”

This is exactly the type of thing I’m talking about. This isn’t even about this game anymore but I pour my heart out and people STILL think I’m scum.

I won’t give up but do with me as you will but it feels like I could be run over by a train and people would still vote Badger because the train didn’t kill me. What do I have to do to prove without info?

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
I’ll shut off til night phase at least, see how I feel.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
”I think”

This is exactly the type of thing I’m talking about. This isn’t even about this game anymore but I pour my heart out and people STILL think I’m scum.

I won’t give up but do with me as you will but it feels like I could be run over by a train and people would still vote Badger because the train didn’t kill me. What do I have to do to prove without info?
While I get the fact you dont like being called filthy, I highly doubt anyone here means any malice by it.

And the fact that people think you are scum, wrong or right, means you have interacted enough for people to develop a read of you. (Wrong or right)

Even though people are sus of you, how many votes have landed and stuck to you? I'll help you out, there was 1 vote on you that has since moved.

It should be able relatively easy to poke holes in people's argument if/when they come at you, provided you are town.

ForgottenHold

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I dislike the continued votes on me despite the town reads

I also dislike how I agree with Claws on this about Abby’s Law, but that’s a personal thing

I know the meme votes might not stick, and I’m unsure when phase ends, but 4 votes on me without a solid counter train alongside the townreads I’ve been getting

I think at least 1 scum is on my train

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
I dislike the continued votes on me despite the town reads

I also dislike how I agree with Claws on this about Abby’s Law, but that’s a personal thing

I know the meme votes might not stick, and I’m unsure when phase ends, but 4 votes on me without a solid counter train alongside the townreads I’ve been getting

I think at least 1 scum is on my train
We cant just take Abbi's law and just apply it to any train. Thought it was for the 1st train to reach 3 votes, which looking at vote counts, wasnt yours.

ForgottenHold

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I do feel good about Insaner, he backed off when I backed off of him, and I’m glad the train on him is gone. Val raises eyebrows, doesn’t say much then meme votes me after Insaner and I agreed to not thunderdome. Reads like someone who isn’t paying attention or doesn’t care, and lack of real posts after that also doesn’t bode well.

MTR’s vote on me is NAI and he said he will move it, but he is also asleep rn so idk if he will move it yet. With 3pups promising to move it if MTR does, which I don’t fully trust that assessment and I don’t think it would be clear worthy to me.

Badger reads town to me, but I did dislike how he came to the conclusion to vote me.

ForgottenHold

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
We cant just take Abbi's law and just apply it to any train. Thought it was for the 1st train to reach 3 votes, which looking at vote counts, wasnt yours.
I guess that’s true. But when there is currently one solid train going on right now. Scum would be expected to be on it. No?

Claws

Mastermind
Might be a good idea to get some time away for the phase and reset your mind. Hope you got your quests in.
its funny tho he can be an ass to ppl and make fun of ppl like grae and yet cant take the flak himself badgers like the biggest hippocrit i know

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
its funny tho he can be an ass to ppl and make fun of ppl like grae and yet cant take the flak himself badgers like the biggest hippocrit i know
Oh right fuck it! Fuck you!

I was gonna go let this go to sleep. You know what fucking Graeham did? He fucking made ME the scapegoat of his pishy problems when I was blatantly town. I was rubbing him and he asked to be stripped of mod and you know what…he was stripped. I don’t care to see him back.

FUCK YOU!!!

Claws

Mastermind

I was gonna go let this go to sleep. You know what fucking Graeham did? He fucking made ME the scapegoat of his pishy problems when I was blatantly town. I was rubbing him and he asked to be stripped of mod and you know what…he was stripped. I don’t care to see him back.

FUCK YOU!!!
just like i dont care that your filthy fuck ya

Dreyski

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
“I think”

”I think”

Think you misunderstood me - that was me townreading you - the 'I think' was even a backhanded compliment because on your day, you're a strong player and have pulled the wool over my eyes on more than one occasion. If I felt that badly about you, I'd have voted you.

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
“I think”

”I think”

Wondering if you misread Dreyski’s post? He said that your heartfelt post gave him a town lean for you because he didn’t think you could pull that speech off as scum. Then he voted for somebody else.

Claws

Mastermind
watch out guys badger gets deathly ill from compliments guy doesnt have a nice bone in his body hes like roger on american dad

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Alright alright because I have insomnia (and been kinda talking with Foxxi offline).

@Dreyski I kinda saw red with “I think?” I thought I was obvious I was heartfelt but do appreciate I wasn’t your top scumread.

@Claws kinda confused/triggered you brought up Grae randomly in this game. To be clear I had no problem with him whatsoever up until his last game. I thought he was generally a placid guy but then only really started ribbing him when he was on at me then rage quit. If it was his bum chum Val I’d get him being angry lol

I’ll try and do sleep but not as good as Grae is at it.

Claws

Mastermind
Alright alright because I have insomnia (and been kinda talking with Foxxi offline).

@Dreyski I kinda saw red with “I think?” I thought I was obvious I was heartfelt but do appreciate I wasn’t your top scumread.

@Claws kinda confused/triggered you brought up Grae randomly in this game. To be clear I had no problem with him whatsoever up until his last game. I thought he was generally a placid guy but then only really started ribbing him when he was on at me then rage quit. If it was his bum chum Val I’d get him being angry lol

I’ll try and do sleep but not as good as Grae is at it.
i mean your the other dumb cunt that likes to say mom shit to me so fuck you

Claws

Mastermind
your up there as the 2nd player that i just dont give a flying fuck to play with

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Insaner - feeling much better about him, starting post 167 (less shitposting, more attempting to work things out and engage with different posters. Hope his Russian comment is sarcasm though.
Excuse me

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him

FUCK YOU!!!
Bruh

3puppies

Lost Wolf
I know it has bothered Badger, especially as he said other players get a pass while he has to be considered filthy until proven innocent. Part of me actually doesn't think it would be impossible for him to come up with a rant like that even if he was scum, based on his real emotions built up from other games, regardless as to how little real attention he's gotten this game. So I honestly don't know what to make of it. Could it be that he's scum, and afraid that his reputation and paranoia will get him killed early and will hurt his team?

The cursing toward Claws also feels way over the line. These games are supposed to be fun. When they degrade to namecalling and cussing, well I hope I am not the only person who doesn't feel comfortable with that.

I generally like to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, and I know anyone can have a bad day. Badger man's had some stress in his life, but then again we all have.

Peace, man.

I am hoping everyone votes sleep, or gets some sleep.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
Vote: Morrison

If you sign up... play.

Day would be over had the site not gone down and this man is still at 0 posts

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Vote: morrison

Imagine if we yeet Morrison before he posts and he flips mafia

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
I’m fine with a Morrison vote. I was leaning him or Listo anyway due to inactivity (decided to wait a bit longer when Listo showed up after Insaner’s vote).

If you’re not participating and completing quests then you’re not earning gold. If you’re not earning gold then you (presumably)* can’t act. If you’re town and not acting then you’re not helping.

* I say presumably because as 3pups has pointed out a few times we don’t know how the scum mechanic works and we don’t know if they need gold to do their kill.

Listo95

I’m fine with a Morrison vote. I was leaning him or Listo anyway due to inactivity (decided to wait a bit longer when Listo showed up after Insaner’s vote).

If you’re not participating and completing quests then you’re not earning gold. If you’re not earning gold then you (presumably)* can’t act. If you’re town and not acting then you’re not helping.

* I say presumably because as 3pups has pointed out a few times we don’t know how the scum mechanic works and we don’t know if they need gold to do their kill.

I would presume 1 of 2 things for the kill. Either no gold cost. Or it does but all scum gold is combined in a pot so to speak. No cost is more likely imo.

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
I would presume 1 of 2 things for the kill. Either no gold cost. Or it does but all scum gold is combined in a pot so to speak. No cost is more likely imo.
Both of those scenarios make sense to me and in both only a scum team member would be in a position to not worry much about completing their quest assignments.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
I know it has bothered Badger, especially as he said other players get a pass while he has to be considered filthy until proven innocent. Part of me actually doesn't think it would be impossible for him to come up with a rant like that even if he was scum, based on his real emotions built up from other games, regardless as to how little real attention he's gotten this game. So I honestly don't know what to make of it. Could it be that he's scum, and afraid that his reputation and paranoia will get him killed early and will hurt his team?

The cursing toward Claws also feels way over the line. These games are supposed to be fun. When they degrade to namecalling and cussing, well I hope I am not the only person who doesn't feel comfortable with that.

I generally like to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, and I know anyone can have a bad day. Badger man's had some stress in his life, but then again we all have.

Peace, man.

I am hoping everyone votes sleep, or gets some sleep.
Okay first things first. Yes sorry to Claws (I know he may or may not care now but I’ll say it anyway) for the name calling. It was out of line but he said I was making fun of Grae which apart from maybe a couple of jokes that game I haven’t really touched him at all. I was just annoyed at his “Badger scum or I leave” attitude that game. I see the mom thing does bother him. I actually can’t remember who came up with that and haven’t done it in a hot minute but yeah. I have had major stress and been called things like spastic last week, fucktard/retard/autistic/slow etc most of my life or a customer shout at me today because I was helping him but he was so impatient not being fast enough with technology he started yelling. I know it doesn’t excuse me taking out on others. Anywayyyyy back to the game…

I know you’re trying to see things from all sides. I think you inadvertently triggered it when you thought I might have been breadcrumbing innkeeper and maybe a little frustrating you’d think that. You think part of that could be me possibly coming up as scum. Why? You think my own scum-mates would tell me to go out there like this. Sometimes the emotion you see is actually the emotion you see. Maybe not this game specifically but even though I’ve barely been scum lately, it still feels I have to work extra hard more than most. I get things wrong, we all do but it is frustrating when likes of Peter got a town pass just for not being there. It’s actually from a game perspective question you slightly. Not as strongly as others but slightly. It’s not impossible for you to accuse me of being manipulative as scum you either.

I am going to change to Morrison for now though. Part of me thinks Foxxi could sub/modkill him if he doesn’t show. Sleep could be an option but I think in this scenario we need some information just to how this works. Think we got less than 12 hours. If he shows up, I might consider sleep but yeah time’s ticking on and we need contribution.

Nightingale

Administrator
Vote Tally:

6 - Morri: BN(346), listo(347), Insaner(349), Tildey(351), Badger(355), Claws(357)
3 - Future:MTR(53), pups(68), Val(268)
1 - Sleep: future(259),
1 - Listo: Drey(316)
1 - Xanjori: CWE(205)

Not currently Voting: Mazer, Morrison, Xanjori(240)

Day One Deadline in 3.5 hours

3puppies

Lost Wolf
Okay first things first. Yes sorry to Claws (I know he may or may not care now but I’ll say it anyway) for the name calling. It was out of line but he said I was making fun of Grae which apart from maybe a couple of jokes that game I haven’t really touched him at all. I was just annoyed at his “Badger scum or I leave” attitude that game. I see the mom thing does bother him. I actually can’t remember who came up with that and haven’t done it in a hot minute but yeah. I have had major stress and been called things like spastic last week, fucktard/retard/autistic/slow etc most of my life or a customer shout at me today because I was helping him but he was so impatient not being fast enough with technology he started yelling. I know it doesn’t excuse me taking out on others. Anywayyyyy back to the game…

I know you’re trying to see things from all sides. I think you inadvertently triggered it when you thought I might have been breadcrumbing innkeeper and maybe a little frustrating you’d think that. You think part of that could be me possibly coming up as scum. Why? You think my own scum-mates would tell me to go out there like this. Sometimes the emotion you see is actually the emotion you see. Maybe not this game specifically but even though I’ve barely been scum lately, it still feels I have to work extra hard more than most. I get things wrong, we all do but it is frustrating when likes of Peter got a town pass just for not being there. It’s actually from a game perspective question you slightly. Not as strongly as others but slightly. It’s not impossible for you to accuse me of being manipulative as scum you either.

I am going to change to Morrison for now though. Part of me thinks Foxxi could sub/modkill him if he doesn’t show. Sleep could be an option but I think in this scenario we need some information just to how this works. Think we got less than 12 hours. If he shows up, I might consider sleep but yeah time’s ticking on and we need contribution.

Thanks for acknowledging where I was coming from, trying to see things from all sides. Again, I don't think it's very likely that you have scum-mates instructing you, but I could see scum being happy with the result of so much attention being on your activity. And, I mean this as a credit to your own ability as a player, that you would be able to use your real emotion to your advantage.

I don't know anything about Claws' mom comments nor do I understand the Grae situation, and it sounds like I'd rather keep it that way.

I am more inclined to sleep than to vote Morrison, but like LDG last game, the D1 yeet proved helpful to the rest of the town when forming their POE. So at this point, I am starting to wonder why MTR and Mazer haven't cast a vote on Morrison yet?

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Thanks for acknowledging where I was coming from, trying to see things from all sides. Again, I don't think it's very likely that you have scum-mates instructing you, but I could see scum being happy with the result of so much attention being on your activity. And, I mean this as a credit to your own ability as a player, that you would be able to use your real emotion to your advantage.

I don't know anything about Claws' mom comments nor do I understand the Grae situation, and it sounds like I'd rather keep it that way.

I am more inclined to sleep than to vote Morrison, but like LDG last game, the D1 yeet proved helpful to the rest of the town when forming their POE. So at this point, I am starting to wonder why MTR and Mazer haven't cast a vote on Morrison yet?
Ok. 👍

Right back to business. Mazer generally tends to take his time before he votes, even if he has info, that’s NAI. Whether he sleeps or wants to vote, that’s up to him. Either way, he’s probably by number 1 top town read. If he fools me, then all the more credit to him. I’m genuinely glad I introduced him to this game and probably the top gimmick poster next to Psycho. 👍

MTR…I don’t mean to take the piss but I think that could be more simple as in he’s currently sleeping. I’m 50/50 on him but my best guess even if he were awake, he’d Sleep.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
I do kinda have a pang that if Morri flips town then there is a pang at least one of the House of MTR. Kinda ironically now and might sound strange considering what I said earlier but feeling *holding finger and thumb closeish together* this bit better about Future and actually suspect him the least.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Claws the player as ever genuinely the hardest to read. Gun to my head right now…light town read but honestly he’s more often than not the real 50/50 for me in these games. 👍

PS @CWE @Mazer Spiderman just doesn’t have the same ring to it without @PsychoSoldier playing. 😉

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
I may still be number 2. I might even be currently number 1. I don’t know. I can only hope he takes into account I used the “t” word there.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Just now catching up. Migraine after work or I would have switched votes last night. Much like last game I am not a fan of taking out an inactive just because they are inactive right at the start. I know that Morrison gets migraines like me but I am pretty sure worse than me. So hopefully is okay. That being said I feel like we need to get a yeet off to get info so going to switch over.

I don't have any more to really add at this point.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
@CWE @Mazer

I’ve done a quick ISO on the former and looking back, yes there is early CWE town fire on the MTR couple. That is early town CWE fire so yes can definitely see where that is coming from. Now maybe this is me asking CWE for more words even though he is not a wordy guy and maybe less is more from him but there was a biiiig gap in the middle (I am taking into account the site breakdown). I made a toad tequila joke and saw CWE lurking at the time but nothing. Then he comes off MTR and goes to Xanjori. There’s a Sherlock Holmes bit in there somewhere. Now I’m null on Xan as admit don’t know his style as well as others but I probably would’ve appreciated at least a few more words explaining why. Now the later part with me probing CWE and then coming at me is more of the true CWE and I’ve played with him for years. I’m number 2 on the guy’s scum list and maybe him and Mazer are equally frustrated but I know Mazer is more a “let’s wait and see” whereas CWE is more impulsive.

I think the big gap in the middle, lack of words and CWE going for MTR right away kinda felt off but if one or both Mazer are town and frustrated with me then yeah it happens.

Sometimes I can be tricky, I’ve done bad things but even if I’m wrong, they should at least both get an idea this is the town me not the scum me. I know the “filthy” rep I’ve taken it in good stride and even with the lovely server @Nightingale built (thank you xx) over the years but being completely honest, the running joke does get a little annoying. It feels like every game since JP needled me like in Mortal Kombat and for many games afterwards (and Jarrod though not here right now STILL won’t Letterkenny go) when I’ve first joined I’ve had to work extra hard to prove I’m town. Randolph is at least more justified because I have legit screwed him but honestly more coincidence where I had to kill him.

Been driven to self-vote in one of the Videoland, modkilled in X-Men because “Oh no he’s filthyyyy”. Maybe I bring it on myself but feels like I’ve been battling a stigma where info or otherwise proves me innocent whereas some (even persona non grata) Peter does fuck all and STILL seen as town whereas I have to do bloody everything! Even Mazer sometimes can’t see it and has to scrutinise me more whereas he can get a town vibe off others right away.

Not asking for special treatment but you know the “filthy” rep does legit get to me.

Anyway been building for a bit and sorry it had to come at the expense of this game but yeah regardless of what you think of my alignment of this game, I just had to let it out.

#movingon#movingon

Now for a quick commercial break:

Badge, you know you are my oldest friend here, and one of the very few people I've talked to about family, personal stuff, etc. You're a good dude.

I would ask that you also see some things from my perspective. There have been games, MOTU for example, where you did things like say that I would win the duel because of eloquence, etc. You were very self-deprecating. I legitimately felt bad when I advanced.

Now, you were scum and you played me. Well-done. You beat me. You ran a good con, and you got a resurrection after your kill. It was masterful. But it did appeal to emotions. Maybe even genuinely so.

But people tend to remember those masterstrokes, and that impacts how we evaluate. Hell, I bring up TMNT like 4 years later, and I;ll never trick anyone with that move again. lol

So, I am sure that when you go in emotionally it feels like you are being obvious, and the times you've played people don't generate the same emotions as you are typing them. But it's a lot to ask for people to not be savvy when you've played the game well before.

Many people don't realize that your trash talk is typically tongue in cheek, and you're typically very humble. Sometimes even I miss it. I think you like to enjoy talking trash, but in your own head you tend to underrate your bigger moments. Maybe I'm wrong. Just a thought.

I think it's a fair perspective to consider how it may look to other people.

And I get that it can be annoying. I have people who go through phases of always voting me. I did my roleplays for more than a year, and still have gotten in the last few games that on day 1 I "wasn't solvey enough" or get voted as soon as I have a different thought, when others are not even questioned for having a different opinion. Sure, it gets annoying when you are trying to solve. Even more so, when I think I'm being obvious (because last game is a relevant example of this). But those folks are going to choose if they want to play for evaluation, or because they want their moment. And I also recognize that sometimes those are just feelers that don't mean much.

You're a very strong player, and there are always multiple sides. I'm sorry wasn't around more when there was frustration last night, but I do think there's very little malice in this, and all of us seeing the perspective is helpful.

I'm always learning here. There are jokes VK laughs at, that I no longer make to claws. I've pushed you differently the last year, because I'm trying for information, not to force a reaction. I obviously did not enjoy how Rock approached VK a few games ago. And I was definitely a bit of an ass there. But I'm hopeful we've moved on.

For all of us, it's a game. But we're also an ongoing community that it helps if we can value different perspectives and learn our lines.

Cause honestly, I'm still going to take little pokes at certain people ay times where I hope we have a later laugh. Even if it's a begrudging one. And I hope they do the same.

Back from commercial:

Listen to the greatest fans in the world, serenading the pitch:

When you walk through a vote
Hold your head up high
And don't be afraid of the scum
At the end of a night
There's a golden sky
And the sweet silver song of a lark
Post on through the wind
Post on through the quotes
For your dreams be tossed and blown
Post on, Post on
With hope in your heart
And you'll never post alone
You'll never post alone
Post on, Post on
With hope in your heart
You'll never post alone

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Now for a quick commercial break:

Badge, you know you are my oldest friend here, and one of the very few people I've talked to about family, personal stuff, etc. You're a good dude.

I would ask that you also see some things from my perspective. There have been games, MOTU for example, where you did things like say that I would win the duel because of eloquence, etc. You were very self-deprecating. I legitimately felt bad when I advanced.

Now, you were scum and you played me. Well-done. You beat me. You ran a good con, and you got a resurrection after your kill. It was masterful. But it did appeal to emotions. Maybe even genuinely so.

But people tend to remember those masterstrokes, and that impacts how we evaluate. Hell, I bring up TMNT like 4 years later, and I;ll never trick anyone with that move again. lol

So, I am sure that when you go in emotionally it feels like you are being obvious, and the times you've played people don't generate the same emotions as you are typing them. But it's a lot to ask for people to not be savvy when you've played the game well before.

Many people don't realize that your trash talk is typically tongue in cheek, and you're typically very humble. Sometimes even I miss it. I think you like to enjoy talking trash, but in your own head you tend to underrate your bigger moments. Maybe I'm wrong. Just a thought.

I think it's a fair perspective to consider how it may look to other people.

And I get that it can be annoying. I have people who go through phases of always voting me. I did my roleplays for more than a year, and still have gotten in the last few games that on day 1 I "wasn't solvey enough" or get voted as soon as I have a different thought, when others are not even questioned for having a different opinion. Sure, it gets annoying when you are trying to solve. Even more so, when I think I'm being obvious (because last game is a relevant example of this). But those folks are going to choose if they want to play for evaluation, or because they want their moment. And I also recognize that sometimes those are just feelers that don't mean much.

You're a very strong player, and there are always multiple sides. I'm sorry wasn't around more when there was frustration last night, but I do think there's very little malice in this, and all of us seeing the perspective is helpful.

I'm always learning here. There are jokes VK laughs at, that I no longer make to claws. I've pushed you differently the last year, because I'm trying for information, not to force a reaction. I obviously did not enjoy how Rock approached VK a few games ago. And I was definitely a bit of an ass there. But I'm hopeful we've moved on.

For all of us, it's a game. But we're also an ongoing community that it helps if we can value different perspectives and learn our lines.

Cause honestly, I'm still going to take little pokes at certain people ay times where I hope we have a later laugh. Even if it's a begrudging one. And I hope they do the same.

Back from commercial:

Listen to the greatest fans in the world, serenading the pitch:

When you walk through a vote
Hold your head up high
And don't be afraid of the scum
At the end of a night
There's a golden sky
And the sweet silver song of a lark
Post on through the wind
Post on through the quotes
For your dreams be tossed and blown
Post on, Post on
With hope in your heart
You'll never post alone
Post on, Post on
With hope in your heart
You'll never post alone
Thank you. That’s the most I’ve ever enjoyed a commercial break. X

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
What’s your current thoughts on yeeting Morri Maze?

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Well. a fair bit of action has occurred. The claws/badger scrum has seemed to settle down. Both men are back in their positions and eyeing the game confidently.

There's an interesting pivot in strategy as the play seems to be now running through Morrison's side of the pitch. The interesting thing here is that previously there had been those who called for cautious play, and did not seem inclined to shoot from long distance. One has to question whether the shift is try to induce a bad shot, satisfy the governing body's requirements, or genuine intrigue. One wonders as this official has a tendency to send players off themselves if they are not playing by the spirit of the game.

Certainly there are times for a player to play against type or change strategy quickly. Some of our recent matches have quality examples. But this commentator always thinks of instances where a change of commitments meant that player had already his eyes on the transfer window, and was no longer with the club in spirt.

The question on any offensive piece is do you feel you have a reasonable chance to score?

ForgottenHold

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Phase ends soon and I just read the thread, Morrison is down to one vote before majority.

I’m just trying to get some thoughts in

CWE

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Morrison is either town, meaning there's scum on that there train...
Or
Useless scum that scum is okay losing, meaning there's scum on that there train.

:sherlock:

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Morrison is either town, meaning there's scum on that there train...
Or
Useless scum that scum is okay losing, meaning there's scum on that there train.

:sherlock:
CWE playing the ball cautiously, calm as you like. Everywhere he turns he's wary of defenders.

At this point, I am not sure what we learned in the early minutes, other than some early feistiness. And a few brief reads on the 3 that probably are giving their best efforts. Although there's still a lot of football to play before we can be certain.

This commentator always wonders why a player tries to do the official's job, unless it's because you think you're winning the point. Or it's the only way you can make your income. And.... Because this is not similar to last match, where no focus could be shifted from everyone's favorite intrepid striker, the LemonDemonGirl.

The other interesting developments are the pivots in strategy or style. It's worth watching to see if we think these out of character runs are true. This commentator expects long-time viewers in Houston and Scotland to pick up on these developments.

As of this point, the commentator needs to step away to use the privy. Probably for an extend period. Those english breakfasts. Ha Ha Ha

Vote: sleep

Day/Night1

Nightingale

Administrator
Final Vote Tally:

8 - Morri: BN(346), listo(347), Insaner(349), Tildey(351), Badger(355), Claws(357), MTR(368), future(377)
2 - Future: pups(68), Val(268)
1 - Sleep: Mazer(375)
1 - Listo: Drey(316)
1 - Xanjori: CWE(205)

Not Voting: Morrison, Xanjori(240)

----------​

The villagers had watched the Hero shamble into town the night before with weary optimism. At least there were people willing to try to aid them, even if this one looked particularly inept. Not long after his arrival though, as if she’d been able to sense the slight uplift in the morale of the small town - Baba Yaga Strode in, looked around at the townsfolk who stood there unsure what action to take. Attack? Run? Then she laid eyes on the newest hero, valiantly trying to duck behind a barrel and laughed. “Let’s make this more interesting. For me.” She grinned as a flash of smoke enveloped the town, and when it cleared she was no longer standing at the entrance to the town, but rather standing next to the Innkeeper with her arm wrapped around his waist.

Shameen Shrieked and lept away, and the villagers finally lunged into action…but as the blood spilled from her body the corpse laying in the dirt was none other than Shema, Shameen’s own wife.

Morrison has been eliminated. He was Shema - Town Waitress.

It is now Night One. Night One deadline Friday March 15th 7pm eastern.

Nightingale

Administrator
As night fell over Spielburg, the villagers held a vigil for Shema. She’d been a kind and generous soul always willing to lend an ear and offer advice, or distract from the daily woes that plagued people in her own unique way. They said their goodbyes and looked to the Hero, standing off awkwardly alone and realized that it was time to take their fates into their own hands - no outsiders would care about them the way they cared for each other.

Amelia knew her expertise would be highly coveted in the coming days. So she gathered her tools before the body of Shema had even finished cooling and set to doing what no one else would have the stomach for.

The sheriff shook his head and yawned, he’d seen more than his share of combat in his day - and he knew this wasn’t a battle to win in a single night - or without proper sleep. Schultz Meistersson waived off the concern of Otto and headed to bed. A good night’s sleep would help clear his mind and help him decide how to approach the shift in Baba’s tactics.

Slinking around around outside of town was Henry the Hermit, frowning at the scene before him. This was new, and not welcome. He didn’t want to get involved, but he also didn’t want to get caught flat footed by any unexpected surprises. So he muttered a few words and studied the vigil intently.

Out in the woods Pterry flew and screeched. He knew the humans - or at least the one who was called Amelia - were worked up over something that made them give off threatened vibes, so he knew his priority was to find his mate Pteresa and make sure she was safe - but as he searched for her he was oblivious himself to the danger he desperately wanted to save her from.

Quick as a flash Erasmus zapped the poor distraught and distracted Pterry from the sky, muttering about flying pests and spies.

Deep in the woods a faint sound, like jello filled with springs could be heard. If Schultz were awake, he may have even said it sounded something like an Antwerp?

3Puppies has been turned into a pile of goo. He was Pterry - Town motivating mason finder.
3Puppies will: N1 - Claws

It is now Day Two. Day Two deadline: Sunday March 17th at 7pm eastern time
With 13 alive majority is 7

Player List:
3Puppies - Pterry - Town motivating mason finder (killed N1)
Badger
BlindNinja
Claws
CWE
Dreyski
Futurehold
Insaner
Listo
Mazer
Morrison - Shema - Town Waitress (Yate D1)
MTR
Tildey
Val
Xanjori

Last edited:

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Hmm Morri a waitress eh? Kinda ironic as not always a chatty person but I bet he could woo on the dancefloor lol.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Maybe he’s who Charlie was after lol.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
It looks like he was trying to invite you to a party, too. Sorry Claws. :crying:
Yeah sorry man.

I do like this from Tildey being up front. Not concrete as wasn’t sure on her last phase but slightly more confident…slightly.

Mason finder? What's that? Does he target someone and if they are a mason, gets a confirmation? Does he get to join the mason chat? Do the other masons get confirmation that he is town too?

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
This writeup makes no sense to me.
I'm guessing that we'll be able to make some deductions over time based on the results we get and how we see our characters interact in write ups. There was another recent-ish game where there were no players in the write up but I can't remember which one it was.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
My heart does go out to 3pups though. I was emotional at the time given me letting my years of frustration in games pour out when he said “we all have stress etc” and trying to theorise on scum Badger but liked his response to me. Felt better about him.

Sorry Cerberus, we’ll win this for you.

Top Bottom