Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 14: Quest for Mafia - So you want to be a Hero?

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I was hoping everyone would just forget about that.
There are things I forget.

Names I should know....details of badger's cougar stories....

But not action claims. I get those temporarily tattooed until the game is over.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
That vote puts MTR at L-2

My question still stands... Do we lynch? or give everyone time for quests and more discussion? Do we think scum need gold too?
I get bored.

But not rushing is probably fine.

Scrooge Mcduck Disney GIF

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Nah, MTR pretty much repeated what he already said previously that he town read myself, Xanjori and Future and promised he'll do later.

Made me think he was already I'm anti-spew and trying to limit information after his death rather than trying to fight for his life.

Maybe. But because a complete give up theory would also likely mean his team gave up on him before the dees was called out.

Which is not my current theory.

Logically it can't be both ways.

If you look through again, and take yourself out of the equation, does it feel any different?

Badger

“70% Furry, 30% Filthy, 100% Fun”
Pronouns
he/him
There are things I forget.

Names I should know....details of badger's cougar stories....

But not action claims. I get those temporarily tattooed until the game is over.
Two stories for my memoirs happening within a few months of each other lol

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
MTR being outed just solidifies my team guess of Listo/BN/MTR. He was the one I'm least sure of.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
MTR being outed just solidifies my team guess of Listo/BN/MTR. He was the one I'm least sure of.
Honestly you think scum would bus this early?

I don’t see that being as scum Listo MO.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Honestly you think scum would bus this early?

I don’t see that being as scum Listo MO.
MTR was looking to get yeeted, bus or not.

I would expect any mafia team worth their salt to try and claim some share of the credit for his pelt.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
MTR was looking to get yeeted, bus or not.

I would expect any mafia team worth their salt to try and claim some share of the credit for his pelt.
Fair enough. However I don’t think that is what he is doing there myself but noted.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Also doesn’t make sense numbers wise. 3 dead town. 1 neutral. Guessing a 3 man scum team which if numbers are right means 8 town still alive. It’s a risk numbers wise for scum IMO.

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Hmmm not sure if he’d be allowed to share that MTR.

I don't think he'd be able to share either. My guess is he has some sort of parity info, though, given that he said in a separate comment that MTR is scum if he isn't third party.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Also depends on what way the neutral goes tbf but scum may not have figured that.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Also doesn’t make sense numbers wise. 3 dead town. 1 neutral. Guessing a 3 man scum team which if numbers are right means 8 town still alive. It’s a risk numbers wise for scum IMO.
Way to miss a point.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
I don't think he'd be able to share either. My guess is he has some sort of parity info, though, given that he said in a separate comment that MTR is scum if he isn't third party.
Yeah could be something like that.

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
I don't see why listo would fake dees on a bad mtr lynch. Unless I am greatly missing something, because why would you fake right now?

Good job listo.

Assuming this is all on the up and up, the nice thing is listo waited, and mtr's defenses are probably pretty telling.

Vote: mtr

And that Listo placed his vote there early.

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
As the dawn turned into day, the village of Spielburg was on high alert. Accusations were levied and distrust abounded. Knowing the witch could fool their very eyes made everyone uneasy, and yet no one wanted to repeat the mistake they had with poor Shema. As night drew ever closer a quiet shadow was seen lurking, watching, but not engaging with the rest as they tried to determine who could or could not be trusted. Convinced it must be Baba herself, or one of her spies, they descended on him and ended him. As he lay there still and unresisting, Zara pulled his cloak away and shook her head. "This is that old cooky hermit that lives outside town..."

While we're waiting for others to chime in, I still have gold I need to earn. So....I'd like to get some thoughts on something I noticed in yesterday's EOD write up. What do others make of the new purple character, Zara, that showed up? Another third party or bastard mod red herring/flavor?

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
While we're waiting for others to chime in, I still have gold I need to earn. So....I'd like to get some thoughts on something I noticed in yesterday's EOD write up. What do others make of the new purple character, Zara, that showed up? Another third party or bastard mod red herring/flavor?
Nightingale did say “I am a bastard mod” so certainly not outside the realms of possibilities of mod bastardry.

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
There was a solemn air in Spielburg, the villagers had seen more death than even they were used to in just two short days. But there was also a collective unspoken bond - they knew something here had to give. Either them or Baba. And so night fell and people shuffled to do what they could.

In the tavern, the Bartender offered up his special drinks, aiming to keep people out of trouble and help them stay focused on the things that mattered.

Shameen worked to ensure his wife’s death wasn’t in vain, and that others would not meet her fate, offering up a hearty meal to satisfy.

If you’ve never seen an Ogre try to quietly lumber unnoticed, you should put it on your bucket list - it’s adorable and not at all effective. Especially when they roar at every moving shadow - and that is exactly what Otto was up to as he worked to keep his friend safe.

Outside the village, nestled in a tree unnoticed against the starry sky was Pteresa observing the houses, and one in particular for signs of her mate returning.

I also noticed in re-reading tonight, that our dear widowed Pteresa showed up in the write up with some action. Seems that they may have seen something relevant that has contributed to Claws' confidence in his vote...

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
I could venture two guesses as to who Mazer might be also but will keep those thoughts to myself currently.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
For I am not confident enough to put a stake on it anyway. Just a gut feel at the moment.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Just all else I’m gonna say there may be certain phrasing I may or may not be reading correctly. So yeah not confident.

Also I get BN’s theory that this could be Claws 3p but gut feel it’s town Claws attempting to make connections. I guess we’ll see what happens with MTR though. 👍

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
EBWOP There’s a third choice dark horse outside but yeah let’s wait on the flip/completing quests etc.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Maybe. But because a complete give up theory would also likely mean his team gave up on him before the dees was called out.

Which is not my current theory.

Logically it can't be both ways.

If you look through again, and take yourself out of the equation, does it feel any different?
To expand on the previous answer a little - my read here is that the wolf team was divided in their treatment of MTR. There was one wolf who was making an effort to save him (BN) by downplaying MTR's inactivity yesterday in the post I quoted & angling to push me instead of MTR; and another wolf (Listo) who was distancing from MTR and then decided to go all the way and outright bus him due to his wagon picking up and there not being a strong alternative to say.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
It's very, very common for different wolves to spread themselves out and align themselves with different sides.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
To expand on the previous answer a little - my read here is that the wolf team was divided in their treatment of MTR. There was one wolf who was making an effort to save him (BN) by downplaying MTR's inactivity yesterday in the post I quoted & angling to push me instead of MTR; and another wolf (Listo) who was distancing from MTR and then decided to go all the way and outright bus him due to his wagon picking up and there not being a strong alternative to say.
Holy shit man... Agenda much?

How is reminding the thread of someones actual life activity downplaying there inactivity?

Again, have I tried to push you? Ive mentioned you arent cleared every time you said things havent condemned you. If I was pushing you, I would actually me pushing and voting.

All of this again is you focusing on your narrow pov.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Holy shit man... Agenda much?

How is reminding the thread of someones actual life activity downplaying there inactivity?

Again, have I tried to push you? Ive mentioned you arent cleared every time you said things havent condemned you. If I was pushing you, I would actually me pushing and voting.

All of this again is you focusing on your narrow pov.
Because it implies that they are inactive due to their life activity and not due to them being a wolf.

You've raised some points against me today, have you not?

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
Because it implies that they are inactive due to their life activity and not due to them being a wolf.

You've raised some points against me today, have you not?
Raising points is one thing. Pushing is another. At least this is my opinion, yours and others may be different

Claws

Mastermind
Contrary to popular believe claws has only lost 2/9 lives so while you die miserably i will be doin fine

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I don't disagree with this, but I still can't get behind the listo theory
I understand. I think it's fine if people want to town read Listo for other reasons, though I really don't think that what I'm saying about burying already dead wolves not being clearing should be controversial.

Well, if Listo is indeed mafia like I'm suspecting then he certainly made the right move for the right audience. I guess that's all that can be said about that.

Listo95

I understand. I think it's fine if people want to town read Listo for other reasons, though I really don't think that what I'm saying about burying already dead wolves not being clearing should be controversial.

Well, if Listo is indeed mafia like I'm suspecting then he certainly made the right move for the right audience. I guess that's all that can be said about that.
lol.

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
I don’t think I’ll be done with work before end of day and it’s difficult for me to check in much during my workday. I just did a quick catch up on my phone and see that MTR has given up all pretense of conversation so I’m going to go ahead and cast my vote. Assuming the vote count on discord is current that will move him to L-2 so still room for conversation among others to take place and for people to complete quests that still need to do so.

Vote: MTR

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
And yet half the fucking game was not wanting to vote him without good reason.
I actually asked you to try and sell me on your MTR push, remember that? I'm curious why you didn't try to push him without claiming first.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Like if you genuinely think I would bus in this matter do you even know me.
I don't know you. I think in general many wolves would bus in a spot when one of their teammates is being pushed heavily though.

Listo95

I actually asked you to try and sell me on your MTR push, remember that? I'm curious why you didn't try to push him without claiming first.
I literally gave my reasoning last day phase. and I OPENED the day with a vote on him. Put 2+2 together.

Listo95

Also pretty much anyone can tell you, I can't fucking push people. I can't explain shit. I gave my reasoning you said it wasn't good enough.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Im actually gonna move Listo to towncore, I have to agree with him that he is most likely town here.

Listo do you have thoughts around who you think is definitely town?

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Also sorry these are my days of super inactivity, tomorrow will be even worse! But ping me or something if you need me to answer something specifically and Ill check on it when I can

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Probably a lot of people are going to come in after the fact and claim that they always were on mtr, and that this was inevitable. I'm not 100 convinced that's actually everyone's reality.

I'm not gonna lie, I was at least curious whether this was an easy lynch target, as mtr has been targeted there before. That Badger and Claws were on it did make me feel ok to see. Things were stagnant at that point, and as I go back and read, there was at least discussion around others. Hell, voting records was making me re-evaluate Future (honestly, evaluation still ongoing).

But I'm by no means sure that it would have gone off otherwise. Folks round these parts will tell you that one of my cardinal rules is "when you can kill red, always make sure you get the kill". You never know what happens at night, etc, and I also would not have wanted to end the day with anything less than a kill, if I know I've got one in sights. I honestly think it's a selfish virms type play in a game like this to risk not getting it.

Still do not buy the Listo wolf theory.

Assuming Listo correct, I'll add to the top list of Mazerified Trust

Listo
Claws
Badger

Listo95

Im actually gonna move Listo to towncore, I have to agree with him that he is most likely town here.

Listo do you have thoughts around who you think is definitely town?
Claws/Badger would be my top 2 right now more than likely. Drey/Future/Insaner are prolly my top scum suspects.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
I need a vote on record but dont wanna push MTR into hammer range yet, so Ill vote my other scum buddy Saner

Vote: Insaner

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I'm just continuing what I said yesterday from his D1 vote spot.
No, Listo you actually ignored me when J asked you sell me on an MTR wagon. I was actually considering that this push could be right and genuinely curious about your reasoning.

Also is it a stretch to say that this response to Badger by you looks kind of like you have kinda underrepresented your read on MTR at that time?

Well, I'm guessing that the rest of your progression is in line with actually having deets.

Actually, this may be why I was initially pinged by you today... because you made a couple of posts saying that you wanted to look at who MTR's partners were, which at the time made it look like you were more interested in tying other people to MTR than actually pushing MTR himself, which I found to be wolfy. Now that it turns out you had deets all along this makes much more sense to me. And you do sound genuine right now, so I want to believe you.

Hmm. I need to think about stuff now.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Kinda due to this post, its when MTR is picking up some heat so there is good cause for w!Dreyski to try bring attention elsewhere
I like this post, mainly becuase most of the work has been done for me. And when reads are difficult, and dees have not been forthcoming, vote patterns usually provide some clarity.
I've talked before about the speed of the Morrison yeet, and six votes in 11 posts. I've seen something similar in the past scum jumped on a couple of errant votes and railroaded the last couple of day phases almost without competition to victory. As a non playing bystander, it was impressively synchronised. And I believe Tildey was one of the scum players that time.

Vote: Tildey

but at the same time there is just a chance Dreyski is onto something, his defence of MTR was only very slight, and didnt people say Tildey is good at catching MTR?

I dunno, maybe me overthinking but there is my reasoning

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Probably a lot of people are going to come in after the fact and claim that they always were on mtr, and that this was inevitable. I'm not 100 convinced that's actually everyone's reality. It
This is a fair point.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Probably a lot of people are going to come in after the fact and claim that they always were on mtr, and that this was inevitable. I'm not 100 convinced that's actually everyone's reality.
Imma say it like it is

MTR was an early TR of mine!

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Kinda due to this post, its when MTR is picking up some heat so there is good cause for w!Dreyski to try bring attention elsewhere

but at the same time there is just a chance Dreyski is onto something, his defence of MTR was only very slight, and didnt people say Tildey is good at catching MTR?

Perhaps it's time for me to take another look at my Tildey read.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
No, we should definitely get rid of Claws. He is confirmed town and he's got me dead to rights here.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Oh true, we dont even need to cannibalise him either, everyone already knows his role.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Did you forget that our kill modifiers are non-concecutive? Let us strongman kill Claws tonight, ninja kill Listo next. Sounds like a plan?

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
You know I never keep track of consec/non-consec stuff, too much effort. But yeah that sounds a plan, theyll never recover from that

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Oh that reminds me, Foxxi confirmed the script for our next argument, she was happy we toned down the insults a little bit but I think its definitely still fiery enough that we'll get read as "Never w/w"

Mazer

Spirit Breaker

I think both of these are valid considerations. And there was something I was thinking of as well. I'm going to catch up, and then possibly see if I can go find.

Day/Night3

Nightingale

Administrator
Final Vote Tally:

6 - MTR: listo(1137), Badger(1144), Claws(1435), Mazer(1396), Tildey(1459), Insaner(1497)
1 - Tildey: Dreyski(1281)
1 - Insaner: Xanjori(1473)

Not Currently Voting: BlindNinja, Futurehold, MTR

Spirits were down with the death of the spirit vendor, but the people of Spielburg were not willing to stop fighting yet. An accusation was levied against someone who did't seem to be quite as invested as the rest in sniffing out Baba's evil and thusly he was pummeled to death by the mob.

MTR has been eliminated. He was Eramus.

It is now Night Three. Night Three deadline Thursday March 21st at 7pm eastern.

Nightingale

Administrator
With the death of Baba’s friend and ally Erasmus, the energy in Spielburg was rejuvenated. For the first time in three years they’d won a battle! And now they wanted to win the war with extra fervor.

In the center of town the Hero meandered doing Hero things one moment, and then the next he fell over into the mud and stopped moving. “Huh, he lasted a whole two days longer than I’d expected.” Someone nearby mumbled, and with a shake of their head, continued on with their own business.

Shameen cooked up a meal to offer the extra weary, pouring his heart and soul into making it as filling and delicious as possible.

The ogre Otto stood at high alert for even the most subtle movements, sensing even the vibrations of the air. It was a little known talent of Ogres - though maybe it wouldn’t be if people stopped assuming they were nothing but dumb pummeling monsters.

All the excitement made poor old Schultz exhausted, so he decided to turn in early. He fluffed his pillow and settled down, promising to get back into the action tomorrow.

Still settled in a tree being ignored, Pteresa peered in a window and cocked her head with a little squawk.

With a boing and a sproing the Antwerp bounced even closer to town.

Bats fluttered around, he spotted Insaner and his little tiny bat stomach growled. He swooped down and in a scene that more closely resembled a cartoon piranha attack, Insaner was gone.

Listo has collapsed dead. He was the “Hero” - town joat
Listo’s will:
N1 - no target
N2 - MTR
N3 - dreyski

Insaner has been eaten as a snack. He was ???
Insaner’s will: ???

It is now Day Four. Day Four Deadline Saturday March 23rd at 7pm eastern
With 8 players majority is 5

Player List:
3Puppies - Pterry - Town motivating mason finder (died N1)
Badger
BlindNinja
Claws
CWE - ??? - Died N2
Dreyski
Futurehold
Insaner - ??? - Died N3
Listo - “Hero” - Town joat (Died N3)
Mazer
Morrison - Shema - Town Waitress (Yate D1)
MTR - Erasmus (Yate D3)
Tildey
Val - Henry the Hermit - Town Backup (Yate D2)
Xanjori

Top Bottom