Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 4 - The Fall of FoS

Sora

Scorpionish
Why not add more heat to one of the existing wagons instead of giving in to sleep so early in the phase?
Because all wagons we have right now are bullshit. A lot of people aren't saying things to get a read on them. We are about halfway through day 1 and all we have is 3 wagons with 2 votes each. Nobody has a strong push. The way things are going this day will end up in a mislynch with like 4 votes because it would be so easy for scum to manipulate.

SubZero

Scum Hunter
Because all wagons we have right now are bullshit. A lot of people aren't saying things to get a read on them. We are about halfway through day 1 and all we have is 3 wagons with 2 votes each. Nobody has a strong push. The way things are going this day will end up in a mislynch with like 4 votes because it would be so easy for scum to manipulate.
Well maybe if we pushed some of those wagons above 2 we could actually generate more content and get better reads

I reallt don't want to play "let's sit on our hands until the night actions solve for us."

Twintania

Vanilla Townie
So what is the current trains going now that we have had some switches and other votes. At this point I agree we need to push some trains.

SubZero

Scum Hunter
So what is the current trains going now that we have had some switches and other votes. At this point I agree we need to push some trains.
You, Princess, Sora, Art are the ones off the top of my head that have at least gained 2 votes simultaneously

Twintania

Vanilla Townie
What is the right way to go in your vew? You have 2 town reads in a list of 23 people brah
Voting sleep means scum get another kill off without us even taking a chance at taking out a scum before that. Yes we could misyeet but we can't sit on our hands either. And seriously how many reads does anyone have at this point?

SolidSnake

Lunchable
I don't think there's much benefit in voting to sleep either. In a regular game, sure, it's a good tool on the table but we're working with even less information than usual this time around since we can't tap into the usual knowledge of who is who and base reads off of what we 'expect' from any given participant.

Sora

Scorpionish
Again, what makes Croissant any better than the existing trains?
READ MY ISO MAYBEEEE YOU LAZY SHIT?????????????????????????????

Jk it's the fact they were saved yesterday when I don't think they really should have been.

Sora

Scorpionish
Voting sleep means scum get another kill off without us even taking a chance at taking out a scum before that. Yes we could misyeet but we can't sit on our hands either. And seriously how many reads does anyone have at this point?
I really don't think that night phases favor scum that much around here lol

SubZero

Scum Hunter
READ MY ISO MAYBEEEE YOU LAZY SHIT?????????????????????????????

Jk it's the fact they were saved yesterday when I don't think they really should have been.
I mean I think it's still too presumptive to look for who was saved considering we didn't even get a flip from the other wagons. So I don't really see it as much better than the other wagons that have been around. It feels like you only want to push wagons that you're starting regardless of how weak the read is. Yet you aren't even trying to question Croissant or anything like you were accusing me of not doing.

So I'm not against a Croissant wagon, but I'm not convinced that it's more likely to land scum than everything else that's been proposed.

PrincessPeach

Lunchable
*Looks up from instruction manual*

I have almost finished assembling the Fluffy Tickler 3,000. I would like to test it on someone tonight. Any volunteers?

Twintania

Vanilla Townie
Putting a vote out there to try to help maybe get things going but open to changing if we get something better going

Vote: Princess Peach

Sora

Scorpionish
I mean I think it's still too presumptive to look for who was saved considering we didn't even get a flip from the other wagons. So I don't really see it as much better than the other wagons that have been around. It feels like you only want to push wagons that you're starting regardless of how weak the read is. Yet you aren't even trying to question Croissant or anything like you were accusing me of not doing.

So I'm not against a Croissant wagon, but I'm not convinced that it's more likely to land scum than everything else that's been proposed.
Entirely reasonable

The reason I'm not questioning people is that I see other people is there is nothing to question anybody on. Nobody has any reads here lol so I just don't see the point

Sora

Scorpionish
Putting a vote out there to try to help maybe get things going but open to changing if we get something better going

Vote: Princess Peach
And now we have people simply voting for the sake of voting. How is this helpful?

Sora

Scorpionish
Vote: Sleep

This is the way and no one will convince me otherwise

Twintania

Vanilla Townie
And now we have people simply voting for the sake of voting. How is this helpful?
Because we are not getting anywhere just sitting here discussion stuff and not doing any pushes. If we are just going to sit here and talk and not really push anyone that we might as well do sleep which I don't think is the right thing to do.

GrumpyCat

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him

I have almost finished assembling the Fluffy Tickler 3,000. I would like to test it on someone tonight. Any volunteers?
I already have plans for tonight but we can arrange it for next night maybe. Try it somewhere else instead I am not beta testing for free.

Unvote:

Sora

Scorpionish
Because we are not getting anywhere just sitting here discussion stuff and not doing any pushes. If we are just going to sit here and talk and not really push anyone that we might as well do sleep which I don't think is the right thing to do.
My point is you aren't really putting forth any accusations here which essentially makes it a random vote.

If someone makes an actual case on someone that I can get behind this is another story. But I don't believe that lynching a random slanker is better than voting sleep, considering that random slanker is how I would describe over half of the players here.

Sora

Scorpionish
See above for the explanation for the Pikachu vote.
Sorta the same train of thought as the Croissant except it is more mild but also due to something done by the player and not to the player.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Day 2 Vote Count:

PrincessPeach - 3 (JackSparrow #590, Moana #800, Twintania #822)
ArtTheClown - 3 (MasterChief #752, Rikishi #458, SubZero #795)
Sora - 2 (PrincessPeach #644, Pikachu #831)
Applejack - 1 (HulkHogan #611)
Gibbs - 1 (XavierWoods #655)
Moana - 1 (Bacon #686)
Sleep - 1 (Medivh #740)
Pikachu - 1 (Sora #834)

Not Voting: Alysrazor, Applejack, Arceus, ArtTheClown, Croissant, Gibbs, Sephiroth, SolidSnake, Hades #622, GrumpyCat #828

Sora

Scorpionish
SubZero, I have no idea why you have been such a passive aggressive cunt to me all game but I'm really not here for it.

Here's the deal. I am personally not stoked by the existing trains and I'm starting to feel pretty isolated here so I'm doubtful of my chances of starting a competing train of my own. So I'll just leave my vote on sleep and fuck off for the time being.

GrumpyCat

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Well ok then.
Anyone inactive? Could be Scum hiding.
Could be but inactives can be killed for not reaching required post quota.

Barely actives are better choice here imo. I am starting to worry that there are scum within lurkerinos.

SubZero

Scum Hunter
Just looks a bit fishy with how D1 ended earlier than most would expext.
Actually, reading this again, I get what Sora is going for here. They're implying Pikachu tried to get a vote in because they had knowledge that the phase would end early.

So not as hypocritical as I initially thought.

SubZero

Scum Hunter
SubZero, I have no idea why you have been such a passive aggressive cunt to me all game but I'm really not here for it.

Here's the deal. I am personally not stoked by the existing trains and I'm starting to feel pretty isolated here so I'm doubtful of my chances of starting a competing train of my own. So I'll just leave my vote on sleep and fuck off for the time being.

I just don't think we're gonna see eye to eye in this game. Anything I've suggested, you've been against. We have a completely different outlook on how the phase should be played. I've been getting a rise out of annoying you which is the only reason I've done it, but I've actually chilled a lot today. But I can't help that we seem diametrically opposed this game even when I'm trying to level with you.

Rikishi

Vanilla Townie
Well ok then.

Scum like to push inactives or low-count posters. The justification is that they are easy targets.

I don't feel strong neg on anyone, nor do I expect that anyone else does.

Are you looking for a guy with a sense of humor, and as big as Fluffy? Tickling isn't supposed to hurt, is it?

JackSparrow

Lost Wolf
I wonder if sub zero and sora just did scum theatre all day that would be magical.
but still burn this princess, twood seem we are out of rum again

Sora

Scorpionish
Actually, reading this again, I get what Sora is going for here. They're implying Pikachu tried to get a vote in because they had knowledge that the phase would end early.

So not as hypocritical as I initially thought.
Look, I'm sorry for my outburst but hear me out

I say I want to vote sleep

Everyone tells me that's silly

I say fine I'll find someone to vote then

Then you say boo what a hypocrite

Sora

Scorpionish
@Sora I will vote Pikachu or Croissant with you if you do anything other than sleep
The thing is, I'm not nearly confident on either of them being scum to accept your offer and potentially lead you to a mislynch.

Sora

Scorpionish
But now I'm just gonna look like I'm backing out in case they are actually scum so sure

Vote: Pikachu

Rikishi

Vanilla Townie
Another thing I noticed, not sure if it was mentioned, was that it appears that Subzero got resurrected, because he hadn't flipped when first eliminated. But Foxxi Nightengale Kumquat did not get that chance - she was eliminated and flipped right away. Does this imply that there are no resurrections left? Or was there something special about her clockmaker role that meant she couldn't be rezzed?

Not sure if this was overlooked, but it got no reply. Does our lovely game runner commonly set up games with multiple rez?

Also, subzero and sora, do you have thoughts on the Princess or the Clown? It seems that both of you are ignoring them.

MasterChief

Lost Wolf
I already told you Art is wolfing

GrumpyCat

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Not sure if this was overlooked, but it got no reply. Does our lovely game runner commonly set up games with multiple rez?
There was 1 rez in Harry Potter game and once it was used flips started to appear.

Also it was Snake that died not Subzero.

SubZero

Scum Hunter
Look, I'm sorry for my outburst but hear me out

I say I want to vote sleep

Everyone tells me that's silly

I say fine I'll find someone to vote then

Then you say boo what a hypocrite
I totally get that. I did misread your reason for Pikachu so that's on me.

Vote: Pikachu

Let's try this for a bit

SubZero

Scum Hunter

Also, subzero and sora, do you have thoughts on the Princess or the Clown? It seems that both of you are ignoring them.
Generally no but I'm not writing anything off

I was voting Art and have said direct things about him

Princess is a fine vote but I think they're being too blatantly tunneled and uncooperative to be scum

Sora

Scorpionish

I think Princess might be too wolf to be wolf but meh

I actually like Clown a fair bit. There has been a glimpse of trying to solve in their interaction with Xavier which is more than what can be said for a lot of people. I recall SubZero saying their entry vote on D1 might have been trying to capitalize on the conflict between us but it read like an obvious joke to me.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Day 2 Vote Count:

PrincessPeach - 3 (JackSparrow #590, Moana #800, Twintania #822)
Sora - 2 (PrincessPeach #644, Pikachu #831)
ArtTheClown - 2 (MasterChief #752, Rikishi #458)
Pikachu - 2 (Sora #852, SubZero #857)
Applejack - 1 (HulkHogan #611)
Gibbs - 1 (XavierWoods #655)
Moana - 1 (Bacon #686)
Sleep - 1 (Medivh #740)

Not Voting: Alysrazor, Applejack, Arceus, ArtTheClown, Croissant, Gibbs, Sephiroth, SolidSnake, Hades #622, GrumpyCat #828

Bacon

Vanilla Townie
Pronouns
they/them
Well ok then.
Like others have said, let Void sort out the inactives, scum are less likely to be inactive in any case as the rest of their team will be pushing them.
If a player is inactive but not getting modkilled, then I’d start to worry.

SubZero

Scum Hunter
I think Princess might be too wolf to be wolf but meh

I actually like Clown a fair bit. There has been a glimpse of trying to solve in their interaction with Xavier which is more than what can be said for a lot of people. I recall SubZero saying their entry vote on D1 might have been trying to capitalize on the conflict between us but it read like an obvious joke to me.
I think someone else said that. My concern with Art is between him and Alys, those two felt the most like trying to blend in with the panic of the 30 min. warning.

MasterChief

Lost Wolf
But do you think that's independently scummy? I read it as you saying there was an association with me initially.
Well yes I think there is an association. Also related I could never work out why he asked me if I started the event when I posted after it. But it all makes sense now, he just wanted to shift the blame! (Ok no thats not a real reason, but let it fly.)
I think flipping Art could also tell us a lot about you, which is as good a place as any to start

SubZero

Scum Hunter
Well yes I think there is an association. Also related I could never work out why he asked me if I started the event when I posted after it. But it all makes sense now, he just wanted to shift the blame! (Ok no thats not a real reason, but let it fly.)
I think flipping Art could also tell us a lot about you, which is as good a place as any to start
I don't really support an infolynch. But I'll give you that voting me for the sake of stoking drama(joke or not) isn't a good look on the surface.

Honestly I just wish he was here to answer the question I asked so I could get a better feel for him, because he feels stilted in his direction right now.

MasterChief

Lost Wolf
I wont lie its awkward with the anonymous avatars and names for me. Im so used to player names. So thats why Im looking at this route.

SubZero

Scum Hunter
It's a shame the thread has been so...

Frozen

tumblr_moish5A2tR1su8566o1_500.gif

Sephiroth

Lost Wolf
I think that SubZero is being pretty brazen but I don't think it's necessarily a scum tell so much as someone eager to try and lead town - for better or worse. I say that because the impression I got out of my death was that SubZero was eager to push on me to ensure that something happened.

I think if SubZero were scum, then opening up this day phase with an attempt to lament the lack of information from my 'flip' would have been the approach taken since that could readily be done.

If that makes sense?
it could have been the approach, but I don't know that it has to be. i'm still looking to see how sub-zero pivots as the game progresses and whether their style adapts.

Sephiroth

Lost Wolf
I am going to say despite the vote on me going to guess Subzero is town based on what scum did to him. I am not going to say it completely clears him because you never know with things but looking good to be cleared. Plus trying to put together reads and such since that is all we have due to the roleblock. Again I hate mass roleblocks. I think they should be banished from our mafia games. That being said the read on me is wrong but I am going to have to post more I am sure to prove that.
depends entirely on what the device is. what if it's something that impacts tonight's actions or targets. or today's votes? for now, nai.

Sephiroth

Lost Wolf
Nope, I’m the red and yellow Hulk brother. The moment I legdropped Savage at Bash of the Beach was the start of a very dark path. I’ve worked all that out in therapy brother!

I also hope you’re not the heel Rikishi that ran over Austin and did it for da Rock?

Also good points notes brothers on the activity of Sora/Sub vs everyone else. It is good for future note the further we get into the game. It still feels town vs town at this stage but worth noting anyway.
any particular reason you feel that it is town vs town or just a gut reaction?

MasterChief

Lost Wolf
While i felt the device on SubZero is a tracking device, I dont think we should jump to any conclusions. As much as he is a bastard mod Cereal wouldnt wanna clear someone one way or the other.

Sephiroth

Lost Wolf

i wouldn't bank on multiple res. think gr would find that a little to much with the lack of info from usernames already being there.

Sephiroth

Lost Wolf
And who else do you have thoughts on, o One Winged one?
still processing from the weekend, where i didn't read much. speed reading through with no names isn't giving me much by the way of predicting. i missed kumquat as foxxi, but i guess it was obvious to people who know her better. it probably narrows down one or two people, if im right about who they are. you had 2 people who voted right after. you'd expect someone to do something right after that. i'm not crazy about it right now, but feel like someone would have to have some type of agenda. somebody made a comment about ending the day early because scum wanted to catch non-voters. but wouldn't you do that earlier, to catch more?

my feeling there is there has to be something there, but i' feel like i don't have it yet.

sora, try not to push everyone to sleep yet yeah?

sub, what are your thoughts on arceus?

Bacon

Vanilla Townie
Pronouns
they/them
Townleans: Subzero, ArtTheClown, Sepiroth, SolidSnake

Noncommital: Too many to mention

Scumleans: PrincessPeach, Medivh

And I don't hate the people voting PrincessPeach either.

Vote: PrincessPeach

ArtTheClown

Vanilla Townie
Oh dear it seems I have garnered some suspicioun during my slumber.

Masterchief I don't like your analysis on my vote on SubZero. You asked if knew the rules and I said yes. I then suggested that we should try and achieve two trains only for the day. One person who we see as towny at the top and scummy at the bottom. After some people starting agreeing with that idea THEN the 30 minute event happened. Just saying I popped my vote on sub just before the event happening is a bit rich.

After the 30 minute event thing happened, I quite literally said vote me/pick me, I didn't care to be involved with whatever it was at the time.

@SubZero My target was xander already at that point, so I wanted people not xander off 1 vote. We only had 30 minutes remaining and I was at work in an underground tunnel with limited reception! I could only do what I could! Perhaps I should've not participated?

Sephiroth

Lost Wolf
Townleans: Subzero, ArtTheClown, Sepiroth, SolidSnake

Noncommital: Too many to mention

Scumleans: PrincessPeach, Medivh

And I don't hate the people voting PrincessPeach either.

Vote: PrincessPeach
you just like s people. now you've tipped your hand.

ArtTheClown

Vanilla Townie
@SubZero

Other than Xavier (why do i keep saying Xander?), I have madybe Medivh for the early sleep vote. Though having played many games before, I think i know who they're and it's probably NAI. Can't be sure though. Unfortunately I do not have the bastion of knowledge so far, so my reads are quite limited.

I don't want either yourself or Sora to be voted off yet because, well then the game would become quite slow.

If im pure OMGUSS'ING theen Masterchief.

Town reads: Sub, Sora, Moana, SolidSnake

Scum leans: Xavier, Medivh, this might be audacious but grumpycat

ArtTheClown

Vanilla Townie
Im gonna throw in Hades into the scum pile too, based purely on activitiy levels. They said they had some stuff going on, but then said they were here now and disappeared off the face of the planet.

Alysrazor

Lunchable
I'm terribly sorry about my absence so far, I got a bad migraine yesterday and it still isn't fully gone. I'm gonna try to get caught up before EoD and post thoughts come that.

Arceus

Vanilla Townie
Pronouns
they/them
Started reading the day. Looks like mass role block of anybody not red. Subzero was targeted by red in some fashion. The write up says they "gave someone credentials to check out SubZero"

From the rules:
"6. Investigative roles will not receive their own results. Instead, along with action submission, they will choose another player to receive their results instead. You cannot choose the same player twice in a row to receive results. If you are subject to this, your rolecard will state it. Cop investigations will report Supremacy or Other. If the action fails, No Result will be delivered to the user of the ability."

Sounds to me like an investigative role of some kind. Subzero is top person I trust currently purely because I don't see red investigating their own team. This trust may be revoked later if we get evidence of a second scum team, but even then they have more trust than average because they are unlikely to be on red at least.

Sorry if double post. Submitted the post and it didn't seem to go through, so submitted again.

Arceus

Vanilla Townie
Pronouns
they/them
Hades immediate response to OMGUS isn't helping their case
doubt it matters now, over 24 hours later, but agreed. Either it's a very bad case of OMGUS, or somebody not thinking about how you're almost certainly not red.

Arceus

Vanilla Townie
Pronouns
they/them
Oddly, it makes me feel almost more trusting of Hades, because such a blatant bad vote would be kind of odd to see the scum team make when all red members should know full well that the write up makes Subzero look good.

Arceus

Vanilla Townie
Pronouns
they/them
Odd, but certainly not impossible. Scum can be reactionary and not pay attention, too.

Arceus

Vanilla Townie
Pronouns
they/them
I'm reasonably confident the ones on 1 vote are town. Red team wouldn't put themselves in unnecessary danger and all it would have taken would be SolidSnake unvoting or moving, or Hades/XavierWoods self voting. I also believe that the reds all knew it was happening so would have been alert to quick changes (led by SubZero and ArttheClown, IIRC). So, on that flimsy reasoning:

Vote: Moana
I was going to say that I'd easily believe that at least one of the people with 2 votes is scum, because they'd want to remove themselves from the firing lane, but then I realized that with so many at 2 votes, that'd likely be true even just by chance. Still, it's a place to start looking.

HulkHogan
Alysrazor
Sora
Croissant
Applejack
Moana

Arceus

Vanilla Townie
Pronouns
they/them
My take on Sora vs Subzero. Already said that Subzero has the write up causing me to clear him for now, and Sora I think is being a little bullheaded but is probably town. Scum likely sat back and enjoyed the show. Even if Sora is scum, I'd rather save him for later.

SolidSnake

Lunchable
Maybe I'm just easily pleased but Arceus gets major town points from me for bringing that to light. Obviously everybody should read the rules, but there's certainly been games where that hasn't been the case and it's more often than not town players rather than scum players who point such things out.

Arceus

Vanilla Townie
Pronouns
they/them
Of the list a couple posts back...

I'm enjoying the silly HulkHogan roleplay, so I'd prefer not to lynch for that one silly reason.
Alysrazor- Feels familiar to me as a player, have some guesses on that front. Was active during the last 30 minutes rush of yesterday. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing, to be honest. Not opposed to a lynch, but probably not a first choice
Sora- Already said I suspect he's good. though that could change I'd rather lynch others for now
Croissant- Fine with lynch
Applejack- Fine with lynching.
Moana- Mixed feelings of the gut feel variety. Going back and forth between good with lynching, and rather not.

Very surface level at the moment, would definitely need closer investigation of how votes moved in the last 30 minutes from 0 to 1 and 1 to zero, but I am about to be busy and won't be able to do so right away. Also, I could certainly be convinced of other people entirely who weren't at 2 votes.

To avoid the wrath of doom from the mod for not voting ever, here's a place holder vote on one of the above.
Vote: Applejack

Hades

Lunchable
@Hades Have anything to add yet? We've had some wagons and suspicions that have popped up since you last said you didn't know who to vote.
Hey I’m catching up now, i haven’t been able to post today, I support the art train before, I was feeling icky about some of the early posts during this day phase, I then noticed the train that was started. It’s mostly a gut thing idk. Not a great reason I’m aware. I don’t think sleep is the way to go.

Quick question what is omgus
As for my absence I’m doing my best

Top Bottom